[Resolved] Cell Ccell c makes false advertising!

D Review updated:

Re: Cell C

I am very disappointed in Cell C as I have been a loyal customer for nearly 5 years with 2 contracts. One still active. Last year Aug 2006 I was contacted by one of your sales agents asking me to extend my contract that was expiring that year. I was not keen, until he offered me a Nokia N80 making it sound like the best, most advance phone in its range. I even took out insurance to protect this wonderful phone. Beginning Nov 2006- 3 months later the phone stops charging. I took it to a Cell C shop in the Sanlam Centre Ranburg where 2 shop assistants told me that I have to pay for the repair and it will take up to 6 weeks. I refused to believe them as I have a contract phone, and asked if I could phone head office from their phone which they also refused for me to do. Eventually I had to ask them if they scream and shout at all customers the same way. What an upsetting experience and appalling customer service. I then phone IXIA who fetched my phone from work and delivered it within a week stating that there is nothing wrong with the phone. After trying to charge the phone on 2 different charges without any luck, I sent it back on the 16 Nov 2006. It is now more than 2 months later, several phone calls with different answers every time, and no one phoning me for an update or follow up on the phone. The latest excuse is they are waiting for software as the phone needs an upgrade. Such an advance phone needs a software upgrade after 3 months of it being desperately forced unto me, making it sound like the phone of the century??? I call this false advertising and theft...

Please attend to my matter urgently or else I will have to take it further.

RESOLVED

• Updated by setumisi · Sep 19, 2017

if u receiver this mail pls can u pls send me prover that u no longer debit my money pls

• Updated by Kubashni Sash · Nov 02, 2017

An unauthorized debit went of my account, even though my account was paid. I lodged a query, it is over a week now and no response from cell c. Pathetic. What right do they have to hold back other people's money. I just want my money back.

• Updated by Johnny H. · Jun 02, 2018

i a wate your reply

• Cell C's response · Jul 10, 2019

Good afternoon Ntusenhle

Kindly send your ID/Cell C number in question, contact number and email address to [email protected] so we can be able to assist.

^PN

annemarie May 17, 2007

I have a similar complaint. On 21 April 2007 i went into a cell c shop near my workplace to ask about an upgrade on my contract. The consultant was rude and not in a mood to help me at all. With no manners and a lazy (he kept sitting on the chair even though it looked like his back might break when he was working on the computer) attitude was even lying to me. After leaving the shop i went into a vodacom shop and wasn't helped either but what can be expected at that time of (1 o clock) in the afternoon. After that i was not to keen on going into mtn, but low and behold i was instantly helped and explained what neither cell c or vodacom consultants wanted to explain. Thank you mtn. You obviously care about your clients.

Ana Sequeira Feb 10, 2008

I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life. I'm attaching a letter I sent to Cell C Customer Services for which I have not received any form of responce for. I've been trying for over a year to stop wrongful deductions to be made from my bank account. I've gone to numerous Cell C / MTN / Mobile Phone shops in South Africa to stop this insanity, I've tried their helpline but I'll have better luck communicating with a brick wall. I'm at a complete loss, every moth they take money from me for a mobile contract that has been closed for more than 1 year!!!

My correspondence:
    My CellC contract expired year end 2006, I completed and submitted a cancellation notice to the CellC office in PE Greenacres in May 2005 as I was relocating and no could no longer keep the account.

Deductions have continued to be made from my bank account to this day. I have attached a copy of deductions for your reference.

I have tried repeatedly to stop this deductions, even doing so in person at CellC vendor establishments but deductions continue against my will and against contractual agreement.

December last year 2007, I went into 3 branches and none of them were able to provide me with any help. I was referred to the internet or a helpline number which keeps me on hold for long periods of time and do not succeed in solving this helpless situation. I have received the worst customer service I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing from any service provider.

I am extremely dissatisfied and I am considering taking legal action. This email is my last attempt to get any level of service out of your organization.

My expectations are:
    Immediate stop deducting moneys from my bank account for a cellphone contract that has been cancelled since May 2005 stop payments effective Dec 2006. Reimburse me for the incorrect and fraudulent deductions from my account from January 2007 to date. Some communication from your organization acknowledging my complaint and providing me with fast resolution of this concern.

jared Feb 24, 2008

Hi there...Cell C is not for me thanx.I Have used it for one 2 days now,Ill neva
    go back to it again.First of all they tell you chat for free on weekends but
    they dont tell you for 60min only,and then when you try call for that 60min you
    cant get through to anybody and my girlfriend tried to phone me today (SUNDAY 24th
    Feb) and battled to get through but when she did, she was charged for 1min and
    she recharged today SUNDAY 24th Feb...I phoned customer CARE service and they
    tell me its a technicle problem that they are having and that is the reason you
    cant get through. My girlfriend phoned CELL C today and they said they are
    investigating the problem of her being charged on a weekend for a 1min call.The
    technical problem whereby you cant get through has been goin on for ages already.Cell
    C has poor service!!!If you start a company then make sure its done properly not
    half way and stick to your promises as that is false advertising. People dont
    have money and time to waste,we all work hard for what we have so we dont expect
    to be made fools of...Even my brothers girlfriend turned away from CELL C
    because she battled to phone him because of CELL C's so called tehnical problem.Its
    time someone contacted SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT & CARTE BLANCHE to get clarity on this
    matter.Disgruntled EX Cell C subscriber

• Le
    Leon Jacobs Oct 20, 2008

20 October 2008

Open Letter About Cell C Connect

On 15 August 2008, I was contacted by a representative from “Cell C Connect”, telling me I was considered a VIP Customer and had been preapproved to receive a free Cell Phone and a contract from them. After saying I may be interested in this offer, they took all my details and then emailed me a confirmation email telling me that the order was being processed.

According to this email, the total monthly cost was R145.00, and insurance was free for the first month thereafter it would be R57 per month. I never accepted this insurance deal. The first four months of the contract were also meant to be free. On 30 Sept R147.03 was taken off my account, and on 15 October, R82.74 “Insurance” was deducted off my account.

The phone arrived the following week, and was not signed for by myself, or anyone who has the right to sign on my behalf.
    The phone arrived in a sealed package, with a bright red sticker on it saying that if the phone is returned it will cost R300.00. It is impossible to examine the phone without removing this sticker.
    The phone turned out to be one of the most basic cell phones on the market, which retails for less than R1000.00. The insurance alone on this telephone over the 24 month period is more than what the phone costs new...how does this make sense?

Seeing that I had a prepaid account with Vodacom, I continued using my Vodacom account until today, thinking that I would make use of the number portability option and transfer it to the Cell C account today. I phoned to make the transfer, only to be told that I cannot transfer the number, number portability is not possible on this account.

I am therefore now sitting with an account I cannot use (as all my clients know my existing Vodacom number, and I have business cards, car magnets and all advertising displaying this number), if I cannot transfer this number to Cell C, there is no point to the contract. Over and above that, I was ripped off by Cell C Connect as they have given me the most basic phone at a high contract price.

It was only brought to my attention today that “Cell C Connect” and “Cell C” are totally different companies, as Cell C refuses to help me in any way, saying I am not their client??!!! I have tried to speak to someone in authority who could help me at “Cell C Connect”, and their call centre refuses to transfer my call. I have spoken to three different people there.

I no longer want to have anything to do with Cell C! How do I get out of this contract?

Leon Jacobs

nondumiso baleni Nov 14, 2009

i as well the one who had same problem as Leon. My phone was stolen, i am working as an educator. It happen in March that, while i was helping just about 6 learners in my office, everthing in my drawer, it happen of me to step out to the other side oof the office, not knowing that they managed to get hands on my phone, but it disappeared. The insurance refused to pay, cellc connet keep on deducting money from my bank account, not a cent, more than thousand.

When i quirrey the insurance desiccion, rwquiring the transcripts of the telecommunication whe they were making the deal of selling the phone to me .They are pushing me from one station to another. I am still believe that when you by something the contract should be given to you either with the product or before you embark yourself by signing.

They are absolute robberes if i may say. I hate them.

Candi$ Aug 14, 2018

I have tried on several occasions to get through to the legal department. No one answers the phone. My account was in arrears, now paid in full and the legal department is the only department that can activate it again.

catsanddogs Aug 14, 2018

Good morning i would like to know since when do they put increase on you cell c contract accounts.

• Be
    BettyM93 Aug 15, 2018

I have claimed with the cell c insurance for almost 3 months now. I am getting the run around from repairs department. I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

I went to the Cell C store over 6 times to understand what is going on i dont get relevant answers eve today.

nokwanda cele Aug 20, 2018

Why do you finish off our bundles plus airtime? Who gives you permission to use our airtime when data has been depleted?? Why not just cut off the net or rather send an sms informing the customers that the data has been depleted before you chaw our airtime?? You are ripping us off maan!!!

Johnny H. Aug 20, 2018

this is not a complaint but i do have a problem its my wifi moden i reset it to its oraginal password but i forgot it and i need and answer

Sam713 Aug 21, 2018

The internet connectivity is pathetic, never consistent which is really annoying for things like whats app calling & downloading after paying good money for your service. Please ensure you do your job & sort this out. I feel like i'm wasting money on Cell C.

• Nk
    Nkhasi T Aug 21, 2018

I bought WhatsApp data on the 3th May and the system says it will last for 30days surprisingly it lasted 9days.

Please help because this is happening for the 3rd time.

• Un
    unathi01 Aug 28, 2018

Good day,

I would like to lodge a complaint against Cell C.

I signed a contract with them however instead of having one line, they open two contracts against my name and they never even activated the sim card they delivered to me.

I would the other line to be cancelled and my money refunded.

My contact number:0769482427

Madidimalo Aug 29, 2018

My name is Matome Rabothata cell phone number 0744821162. I had an amount of 8GB in the account CellC has taken the data out of the account on account of expiry. please note the ICASA decision regarding the non expiry of data.

kindly re-instate the data or advise me if I should bring the same to the regulator's attention.

regards

• Mv
    mvane es Sep 01, 2018

i have contract phone i bought from them, sim card is giving me problems the phone is not reading the sim card, they are Hosea the store manager gave me attitude saying that i have to pay for the sim swap, no 1 it is not lost, it`s faulty and it is not my problem. The attitude i got from store manager is pathetic

Johan Niemann Sep 02, 2018

When I signed contract for data R99, 00 per month I were told to phone a number to stop when data is finished which I did.
    Why a deduction this month of R305.00

• Ku
    Kubashni Sash Sep 05, 2018

Cell c debited my account, without my permission even though it was paid. I requested a refund of the debit, and they said they can't do that. Who gave them the right to just take people's money. This is pathetic. I will not advise other people to deal with cell c, it's over a week now and still no response.

• Mi
    Michelle van Rooyen Sep 05, 2018

No service since Friday - phone and wifi router Cell C - now, no communication!!! So frustrated

• Bu
    ButiM Sep 05, 2018

contract no: 140732502 settled and cancelled but still reflect on my credit bureau, want my credit bureau profile to be updated

contact me on 0716878795

• Ya
    Yanga Sipika Sep 10, 2018

it is sad that i have a contract with you, i am disappointed because i cannot access network everywhere to a point that i cannot make calls, whatsapp, facebook and other service with internet connections. i regret, i cannot wait you give me the amount due so that i can settle my contract as it is not assisting me.

• Lu
    Luthando Ntselemane Sep 10, 2018

I called one of the cell C agents and that agent was rude to me for failing to understand some of the fees that were added on my account..So I want to cancel your contract and join Telkom. I will never recommend cell C to anyone because your service is poor..

• Ne
    Nerissal Sep 10, 2018

ceived.any.joy.im totally.disgusted Good day

I am still reveiving the me problem, till todate i still have not receivedy data and i techarged on the 28th with the R50.i have contacted the branch and still not received any joy

• Co
    Colleenbeckett Sep 10, 2018

I have called and emailed your company 7 times not assistance. I have contacted pay fast no assistance. I have contacted my bank and they cannot reverse the transaction as it's prepaid. Purchaded Cell C data package for R1499 on Cell C website. Money came off bank account and 6 Days later still not loaded on cell account

• De
    DeNemo Sep 10, 2018

I am here by raising a complaint of your watsapp data reduction as from 1 October 2017 From 1200gb to 600mb which I as a cell C usser totally dont support and find it too way expensive!

Please bring back our 1200gb

• Se
    setumisi Sep 11, 2018

can u pls stop debit money on my account, because i paid the amount but u still debit, im itumeleng malope, u send me the prove of payment but nothing change to my account, if u want the slip of payment, i will send it, can u pls stop, pls pls pls

• Be
    Benni Farao Oct 21, 2018

I send through an email to cancel the contract for no 0845852766 on the 17/10/16 -16.42:29 the contract was created on the 03 .09 .14 invoice no 6357955in0090782 .To this day I am being ignored and they have deducted money of my account to this day. I need my money stolen paid back and the contract cancelled immediately [email protected]

• Od
    odwa1989 Oct 21, 2018

Good day

I recent bought a Cellc phone and it was delivered on the 28 July 2017, since that day i have been calling you every day to insure my phone but no answer at all. I even sms'ed C Surance to 14770 but i never received any call. every day i stay online for about 2 hours but the phone is not answered.

cell number: 0847721458

Odwa

• Sn
    snenhlanhla Oct 21, 2018

What pathetic service from Cell c I am paying every month for contracts phones that do not even exists, frauded under my name I have been paying for close to a year now and no one has even bothered starting the investigation

carol-ann Oct 21, 2018

I went to two cell C stores looking for information to settle my account and I ended up at glo-cell and even they didn't have any information about me. I Phoned the customer care and was transferred to the legal department with on answer. I just want my information. Seem to get no help!!!

• Mo
    Moeketsi Mthimkulu Oct 23, 2018

on 30/06/2017 I was debited R153.40 extra, when I call the customer care, the agents told me that, the money is not reflecting on my account. I have even send the proof of payment to [email protected] .

John

• He
    Heleen1 Oct 27, 2018

I have been logging service calls with cell c since 20180828 and still I struggle with my coverage. I have logged 4 calls already but nobody at cell c can help me.

• Pi
    Piet g masilo Nov 12, 2018

I have contract with cell c other sim is not working they tell me to pay extra Will I pay for service .

• St
    Stephen John van Stadenjnr Nov 12, 2018

Im realy upset my sim has not been working for the last week and a half now because im unable to remember my last dialed numbers they say i need to go to a cell c store and the closest one to me is 40km away from me and i dont have transport to get there and i cant afford to lose my number

• Su
    Sunilnadio Nov 14, 2018

I have made 4 calls this morning to increase my limit. I have not received the limit increase and am still waiting for the the none competent people to call me back.

Poor service, I will never take a Cell C contract again

• We
    Wendy Khe Nov 15, 2018

I have paid my account fully now which was in arrears, but i kept being called by nds credit saying i still owe cell c, i have been trying to get hold of cell c legal but no one answers, i just need my name to be cleared please cell c do something here. I promise i wont use your services after this in future.

• Ab
    Abongile Madikizela Nov 19, 2018

I made a payment to the wrong account at Cell C. on the 9th May 2017. My bank claims that it went through. Cell's bank (Nedbank) claims that there is no such account. Ref: 074 481 3307 and 084 437 8656

• Ke
    Kensane Nov 20, 2018

I had a contract phone with cell c and paid it up in April.. When I do credit check, cell c shows and it shows that I an in Arrears with R600..I payed my contract off nd want them to clear my name Asap...

• Ha
    Hazel Bantom Jan 05, 2019

Please explain to me how my cellc number or 11years suddently become a contract number?
    I have never signed a contract with the company called bleu label or what so ever?
    Cellc you are to blame for this.I now lost connection on my beloved simcard and no one can assist me?

• Wi
    Wilfred Ramafalo Feb 11, 2019

My airtime has been disappearing without me even using it, I really don't understand why. Please fix this because haven't used this airtime at.

• Ki
    Kineta Ramburuth Jun 29, 2019

You can email me on [email protected] . Please see photo below

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices