Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cell C Complaints & Reviews

Dec 19, 2019

Cell C — iphone xs

I have sent in two iPhone XS reason was for over heating, I had a struggle with cell c when trying to book in...

Cell Citc information not updated

My contract with Cell C ended in October 2018 (2 years). It apparently my responsibility to remind Cell C that the contract has ended and I want to cancel it. I rejected Cell C debit order as I was no longer using the sim. In August I was handed over to attorneys and I settle the balance the outstanding balance. It is now 4 months later and Cell C has not updated my information on ITC. According to Cell C it is the attorney responsibility to clear my record and I must contact the attorneys and according to lawyers its the Cell C who registered me to Credit bear and they should update my information. I have been waiting for Cell C to get back to me for the past week now.

My contact: [protected]

• Cell C's response · Dec 18, 2019

Dear NothandoP

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding having your ITC updated.

Please forward us your query to [email protected] with the Cell C/ID number in question and your contact number and we will be in touch.

Cell Cbilling

Good day
    Please help with cancellation of my contract with cell c. Explained that I'm no longer employed and cannot afford payments trough debit order. Will Make monthly cash payment on their banking account. Now problem I'm been charged extra for returned unpaid debit orders. Tried explaining my installmentbsupposed to be R600 now with their charges its 950. Please help [protected]
    Name Titus Molefe

• Cell C's response · Dec 12, 2019

Hi Titus

Thank you for reaching out to us.

One of our consultants will contact you during the course of the day.

^MM

Cell Crefusing to accept cancellation notice

Today, 11/12/2019, about 11:00, I enquired from Cell C's Customer Care if I could submit a notice of termination for 20/02/2020. I was told yes I could, just phone Cancellations. Did phone cancellations, explained my request, was met with a barrage of questions as why I whished to cancel, went through the "security questions" and told that I could not give notice today, had to wait until 20th January 2020, that was protocol, end of discussion. I requested to have my call escalated, was told to lodge a complaint, if I wanted, via Customer Care. Called Customer Care asked how to lodge a complaint, must write, asked if I could give notice today for the 20th February 2020 and was told, yes I could, please phone Cancellations! All of these calls are, of course, preceeded by a "complete" security check. What a joke!

• Cell C's response · Dec 11, 2019

Good Day Jorge

Thank you for posting to us regarding your cancellation request.

May we ask that you send your query along with your Cell C and contact number?

Our email address is [email protected]

^NS

Dec 10, 2019

Cell C — wifi router

Hi, I signed up for a Wi-Fi (100GB) LTE router with Cell C in January 2019. Since inception, I was not...

Cell Ctheft of data

Cell C Thieves

It seems Hellopeter/complaintsboard is the only way to effictively communicate with Cell C. I recently had a poor customer experience regarding a swim swop and after alot of inconvienance Cell C helped me. I thereafter decided to cancel with them and gave them the required notice. One of the contracts was a data contract of 10gig per month. I had accumulated over 30 gig of data due to the lack of use. The contract is now cancelled and my data gone. I don't understand how you CELL C take back what I have already paid for. This is another example of a network provider taking advantage and being bullies. The person dealing with the cancellation could of had the common decency to inform me that the data will be forfeited on the cancellation date. You took my money in exchange for data, if you took your data back then refund my money.

They migrated my contract to prepaid, so why can't you migrate my data that has been paid for already.

• Cell C's response · Dec 10, 2019

Dear Brandon Naidoo

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding the data that you have forfeited upon cancellation.

Kindly provide us with Cell C number in question and the number we can reach you on for assistance.

Dec 04, 2019

Cell C — contract settled still being debited

I have settled 2 of my contracts [protected] and [protected] on the same day. I called cell c asked for a...

Cell Ccustomer service

Good day, This line has been cancelled on the 31st March as I have relocated!. The new owner in that property just contacted me as she can't seem to connect, due to Cell C who never cancelled my line. Please note that I need to be credited on this line as the request to cancel the line was sent through several times. I will not accept any billing for this negligence on your side. Please urgently have this line Cancelled account number [protected] ID: [protected]

Regards Renee'Montez Avinir [protected]

customer service
          customer service

• Cell C's response · Dec 04, 2019

Dear Renee Montez Avinir

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query, our team will be in touch.

Cell Csim swap

I had my cellphone stolen earlier this year and advised cell c. They instructed me to buy new simcards and call in to do a Sim swap which I did. They loaded the incorrect number on the simcards and advised me to buy another one to load the correct contract. I now call in to correct their mistake albeit 2 months later now I'm told they cannot do the simswap over the phone beacuse the number hasn't been used in more than 60 days. How would it be used if Cell C loaded the wrong number and made a mistake. Now they expect me to go to a store and pay R150 for a mistake they made. It's not hard to believe that they are R9 billion in debt. Pathetic customet service and after 15 years of being a loyal client I'm finished with Cell C.

• Cell C's response · Nov 25, 2019

Dear Brandon

We have been advised that you have been contacted and assisted with the above query.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

^YM

Nov 18, 2019

Cell C — phone insurance service

To say I am not happy with your insurance is an understatement. Unfortunately I had a bad year with my...

Nov 15, 2019

Cell C — sim swope

Hi I'll first highlight how disappointed I am by cellc poor service delivery. I've been a cellc client for...

Nov 13, 2019

Cell C — porting

I have been a victim of unauthorized porting of my number to MTN twice. First on the 20th Nov 2018 and again...

Nov 11, 2019

Cell C — cell c repairs and insurance

My phone submitted 20 July 2019 up till to date I still have no feedback when phone will be sorted. I'm bekah...

Nov 09, 2019

Cell C — service still not activated

good day, im very unhappy about your service im a new client my service is till now not yet activated, why...

Cell Ccontract cancellation and refund

I'm disgusted with the service of Cell C
              It's been 2 months where I've reported my contract with cell c and they had to refund me because they've been charging me when I haven't been using the router
              They said they would refund me within after 7 days and till this day nothing has happened
              I'm absolutely disgusted with this service provider!!! Please get back to me as soon as possible!

• Cell C's response · Nov 05, 2019

Good Evening Molly

Thank you for making contacting with Cell C regarding your refund.

Kindly send your query to [email protected] You will need to include your Cell C and contact number.

We will escalate accordingly once we get your details.

^NS

Nov 04, 2019

Cell C — my information was check without my present and knowledge

On the following attached document is a prove of the information that was checked without my present and...

Nov 04, 2019

Cell C — cell c

I have had my contract with cell c for the past 4 years with my first upgrade I was missed informed and had...

Oct 30, 2019

Cell C — incorrect contract information

Cell number [protected]. On 26 September I received a text advising that my existing contract was changing to...

Cell Csim swap processes 29/10/2019 - [protected]

Good day

I am a very unhappy customer as I was unable to do a simple sim swap with your branch as well as your customer service department.

I went to your store in The golden acre in Cape town and was told they are unable to assist and provided me with your customer care number ( 084135)

I called the number and as I explained on 3 occasions to the agents that I do not make outgoing calls, am I unable to provide the numbers I called during the last 3 months.

I was told each time your system declined the request and I am therefore unable to get my cell number back. I also spoke to a manager which I thought would be more helpful and might have an option other than your normal way of processing the request. This was also not helpful and was just redirected to your processes and advised to get a new number instead.

I feel this is really disappointing as I had the number for more than 4 years and getting a new number means I will need to update all my details with the people/companies I have registered with.

I sincerely hope you can resolve this matter as I am currently without contact with anyone on my sim.

Unhappy customer.

• Cell C's response · Oct 30, 2019

Hi Ashley

We will assist you but you need to pass your security check. Do you have a non RICA registered SIM card? If you do, please send the RICA serial number and alternative contact number to [email protected]

^PN

Cell Ccharges for something I haven't used

I took out a Smart Data contract with Cell C in March 2019 specifically to connect to the internet. I have been paying an amount of R129 per month by debit order since March. I have never been able to access this since March. When I contacted numerous times to various call centre operators - I was told my residence was not in range and I wouldnt be able to access this. Another one told me that Cell C were aware of the problem as they have had numerous complaints from other clients about this package! I contact various people at Cell C and also numerous e-mails requesting cancellation of this contract. The number is [protected]. I was advised that the contract would be cancelled but I would not receive any refund for the amounts I have paid. I was also informed that they could see on my records that this has never been accessed and I still had all the Data. THIS IS SHOCKING - ITS A NIGHTMARE CONTACTING THE CALL CENTRE OPERATORS AND EVEN GETTING NO RESPONSE FROM CELL C REGARDING THIS. I CANT BELIEVE THEY EXPECT ME TO PAY FOR A SERVICE I HAVE NEVER USED OR ACCESSED. I did advise Cell C that I would be taking my complaint to the Ombudsman so I hope you will be able to help me to sort this out. I have had a contract with Cell C for a number of years. I am 70 years old (I/D [protected]) and cannot afford to pay for something I dont use. PLEASE CAN YOU BE OF ASSISTANCE IN THIS MATTER? I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards. Denise Starck, 5 Leyden Street, Monte Vista. Cell [protected]. E-mail address: [protected]@simplylaser.co.za. Work telephone number: 021/5519833

• Cell C's response · Oct 29, 2019

Good day Denise Starck

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

We have escalated the matter to our Support team. Do expect our call tomorrow during working hours.

^NT