Having problems with Vodacom?

Vodacom Customer Service Contacts

+27 82 111 (Customer Service)
+27 821 904 (Vodacom Fibre)
+27 82 135 (Data Support)
+27 821 958 (Cancellations)
+27 821 7844 (Sales & Upgrades)
+27 821 960 (Vodacom Business)
+27 821 940 (Vodacom Corporate)
+27 116 535 000 (Head Office)
082 Vodacom Boulevard
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vodacom Customer Service. Initial Vodacom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vodacom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vodacom. Discuss the issues you have had with Vodacom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

VodacomNo Fiber connection for 6 days and counting

Service Request Number: SRSR200515-359028

On 18/01/2021 the City of Tshwane damaged the fiber cable while fixing the water pipes. My call log until 23/01/2021 (I have called on the 24th and 25th as well and have send numerous emails, to no avail):

19/01/2021 07:09 13 minutes
22/01/2021 14:47 20 minutes
23/01/2021 07:28 8 minutes
23/01/2021 10:36 17 minutes
23/01/2021 15:05 26 minutes

After all these calls and emails the technician has not communicated with us at all and the call Centre staff can do nothing but promise to phone me back, which they never do.

I have spoken to Team Leaders and "Management". Vodacom's own procedures are preventing a solution to my problem.

I am working from home, not due to COVID. I can not physically go to the office because my leg is broken. I should have paid salaries today and were unable, which means by tomorrow I am facing disciplinary action and my employer will lose production because of labour issues.

I have lost income due to my inability to complete assignments.

I can not believe a Company like Vodacom has this kind of Customer Service

VodacomVodacom IS NOT a Fibre service provider!

Oh where to begin...

I have not had one single positive experience with Vodacom Fibre. This Fibre was offered to me with the company I work for (as I work from home) but if this was a personal account, I would have cancelled it within hours of interacting with Vodacom. I feel like I am in a never ending queue at Home Affairs, not knowing what to do or where to go.

First: When I tried to have FIbre installed at my previous address for September, I start the process in July (to make sure there was enough time to get everything sorted). By mid October I still didn't have Fibre installed so I cancelled the process.

I called the 0821904 number and spoke to different consultants but ALL of them either transfer me to different numbers or say "we have logged a service request and the technical team will contact you with support".

Second: When moving to a new address in December, I tried again. This time in mid November. Fibre was installed last week (mid-January). Multiple phone calls to multiple numbers did not help.

I received the famous "we have logged a service request and the technical team will contact you with support".

Third: Fibre connection is intermittent (mostly down) so I cannot do anything.

I have made two phone calls and received the famous "we have logged a service request and the technical team will contact you with support".

TO THIS DAY I have not received one SINGLE phone call or email from Vodacom technical support about ANYTHING. I have contacted account managers and regional managers and all I get is a sorry, I will follow up...

Vodacom CLEARLY were NOT ready to enter the Fibre industry. Whoever thought they could is living with unicorns.

Please look at the rating they have received...

How are they allowed to operate?

• Updated by Chad Botha · Jan 22, 2021

Oh and I received interim LTE until the Fibre was installed. That arrived last week, AFTER the Fibre was installed!

VodacomAccounts and insurance

Danie Smit, [protected], [protected], [protected]@hotmail.com
      I upgraded my contract in June 2020 without insurance on handset even though they still charge me R139 a month.
      Covid 19 the excuse why they cant reverse / refund because they work from home and the process have to be done in the official office. Vodacom shop East rand Mall logged a call on my behalf on 29 Dec 2020 to sort out the problem and now the latest excuse the turnaround time is 30 days and I must be reasonable.
      Previous month I could not buy data because of error to try again but after 4 days the reason on the system point to arrears but in the meantime they admit the payments was not allocated, 29 days after payment was made. but they then cut off my phone for R102 but they ow me more than R700, very poor service, incompetent, arrogant, untrained, unreasonable, no understanding of professional service, ????

VodacomRepeated Mobile data contract sales misrepresentation

Vodacom 's contractor Elite sold me a contract yesterday saying that they would cancel all existing data contracts before activating my new contract.
        They lied.

The same happened on 21 January 2019 with their contractor Mondo. They forced me to pay for a contract for 2 years and I could not use the data. They refused to cancel the contract even though they admitted it was misrepresentation.

Vodacom's call centre staff refuse to resolve the matter or escalate to a supervisor.

+[protected]

VodacomCancellation of contracts

I cancelled several contracts with was linked to my name and since July 2020 I call the cancellation line 3 time trying to resolve this matter . Every time they put me on hold at a certain time and then the call cuts. the one time they even refuse to help me because apparently the guy which didn't do his job will phone me back till now no call. I am paying every month still the higher installment but I can not afford it any more. This was also put in communication to Vodacom tech several times. please help me resolving this.

VodacomInstallation of Fibre

My Name is Mrs Sandra Olsen - ID [protected]
            Vodacom Sales Order SO201209-324509

I took out a Fibre Contract with Vodacom on the 10/12/2020. This included 1 month free LTE while you wait for the fibre installation. When they delivered the equipment, the LTE did not work well at all. The signal was very bad and we struggled, eventually it did not work at all. I did phone and they said just push the reset button and that should sort it out, but it did not. So we just waited for the day the fibre would be installed. I got the sms saying I was able to book my appoinment. I did not have internet so I phoned from my office and verbally made the appointment for today at 9am. I took time off work. I was told on the phone that it could take up to 4 hours. So this morning when it was 9.35am I phoned the fibre department to see where they were. The man on the phone confirmed that my appointment was at 9am and told me to hold while he checked to see what had happened. Her came back and said that the technicians had been delayed but that they were on their way to me and that they would be phoning me now to let me know where they were. So I waited. When 11am came and no one had arrived or phoned me, I phoned again. This time another man checked and said that my appointment was at 1pm. I told him it was not at 1pm, but at 9am and that it had been confirmed by the previous consultant. He then said it was probably between 9 and 1pm. He then said they would phone me back. I phoned again at 1pm and asked for the Manager. The lady said he was busy. I gave her all the info. She explained how often there were delays and that they should have explained it all to me. She did assure me that they would be coming. I told her I had taken leave for this. By 3pm I was fuming. I phoned again. The lady said she would escalate it. And assured me someone would contact me today. Im still waiting. Quite frankly, during all this time not one person has had the decency to call me back. I wish I had done my homework first and I would have seen how many complaints there have been against Vodacom. I have so many of my friends all looking for a provider for fibre, and they are waiting to see what kind of service I'm going to get. Judging by the no of complaints you get and how many you actually resolve, I am not too hopeful. I have spend a whole day waiting for you people to come. An absolute waste of my time and no one had the decency to phone and let me know what was going on despite me phoning so many times. I have had a cell phone contract with Vodacom for many many years, but this has really put me right off this Company.

My cell phone No is [protected]. Can someone please call me and let me know what is going on. Otherwise we can cancel the contract and I will go elsewhere.

Vodacom South AfricaFibre activation and high cost of Interim LTE

I'm trying to get some answers from Vodacom Fibre installation.
              I have made numerous requests regarding the installation date of my fibre to home installation. Nobody seems to know when this will take place. They keep asking me to contact Octotel. I have signed up with Vodcom for uncapped fibre in August. The installation would be done in September. I haven't received any updates and as I mentioned, when I phone, nobody knows the situation. My SR number is: SR201211-958247 and SR210111-053718.
              I am paying R599 for 100GB LTE, which is the same as the cost for uncapped Fibre as in the contract.
              Please help us to resolve this issue. A phone call or email in response from Vodacom would be greatly appreciated. [protected]

VodacomCancelling of expired contract

Struggling since October 2020 to cancel two expired contracts with Vodacom. After speaking to 4 different agents on 4 different occasions I received the same promise and the request will be escalated. No luck as yet and we are half way through January 2021 and I am still paying for something which I am not using. I am really disappointed in Vodacom and will not refer anyone to them for potential new business.

VodacomMisrepresentation of services

Vodacom used the agent Mondo to approach customers regarding upgrades. A Mondo agent called me on the 23rd of December and sold me 2 contracts that he stated would ultimately reduce the amount I was paying to Vodacom. He had full view of all of my Vodacom account information, line numbers, usage, contract types etc. Last week, another Vodacom agent called me asking if I wanted to upgrade. I informed her that we had already changed the contracts on the advice of the Mondo agent. This advice was based on the principle that data can be shared between numbers. She stated that this was not possible and that I had been given the incorrect information. It is now up to me to manage the cancellation of the 2 new contracts that have been sold to me. Vodacom takes absolutely no accountability for this. I requested that the issue be escalated and the agent told me that someone would call me back, but no-one ever did.
                  Interestingly, the Mondo agent also advised me against upgrading contracts and taking a new phone. He said you are better off buying a new phone cash. All in all, the agent grossly misrepresented Vodacom's services. I can't even find a complaints email for Vodacom - the last call centre agent told me to email [protected]@vodacom.co.za but that just bounces back. Similarly, if you try to rate them a 0 at the end of their call (because the voice says to rate them from 0 to 10), the 0 is not accepted and it just cuts you off.

Jan 09, 2021

Vodacom — Vodabucks

Hi Jesse, This is totally unacceptable that Vodacom does not resolve the issue. I have no choice but to...

VodacomBroken profile and negative impact on personal credit

Good day.

It came to my attention after I applied for an additional line on my account of only one line that after it declined that on my credit profile they filed a missed payment.

I have never missed any payments and there system when I enquire shows no issues.

Since then, in trying to sort out this issue, nobody can help and every one is applying over and over again, Wich is now not indirectly but directly effecting my credit profile.

At this point I am complaining every where I can so that the person who can help hopefully sees this and addresses the issue.

Thanks.

VodacomVodacom Viber

To whoever might read this,

I applied in October 2020 for Vodacom Viber. After cancelling my Telkom contract for uncapped data, I was informed by Vodacom (after they delivered the modem to my house) that I will have to wait - it might take up to three months for the installation (why Sales did not inform me about this I do not know). In any case, it is costing me an arm and a leg for data (check my mobile account ([protected]) as well as my Vodacom Rooter ([protected]) for the extensive usage over the past three months. This is apart from the temporary Telkom data package I was forced to subscribe to. Please take note that I work from home and spend virtually the whole day on my computer.

I have lodge complaints in this regard twice at the Viber Helpdesk (!) who promised me to "speed up the process" but to no avail. Could someone please come back to me regarding the anticipated installation date.

My second complaint involved your Vodabucks Shop where I paid R599 on the 9th or 10the of December for a pair of Sketchers on my credit card. Nobody came back to me to enquire about the size of the shoes or delivery address. Could you please come back to me on this issue as well.

Prof TE du Plessis
                      tommy.[protected]@nwu.ac.za
                      [protected]@gmail.com

VodacomLate no delivery

I upgraded one of my numbers [protected] I was told my the consultant at the Vodacom Service centre in Vanderbijlpark the phones will be here on Monday the 4th of Jan I called at 9:20 only to be told they only made the orders today
                        139 Rossini Boulevard
                        1911 Vanderbijlpark
                        Gauteng - South Africa

VodacomMy Contract Upgrade deal - not what was agreed

Hi,

I upgraded my contract in December 2020.
                          Here is what was agreed with the consultant:

Device: Samsung A31
                          Device: Samsung Smart Watch
                          2GB Anytime data per month
                          R125 airtime per month

Total monthly premium: R329.00

Instead I was put on Uchoose Flexi 175:

Airtime: R175.00
                          Promo data : 20GB (expires on 29/01/2021)

There was NO 2GB for January 2021

I had already spoken to 2 of your consultants but they are both giving me the runaround.

PATHETIC !!!

Please correct this immediately.

Thanks
                          Mr L Singh

Vodacomvodacom cell insurance

I have applied for a insurance claim on my device which was stolen on the 21-12-2020 Vodacom got back to me stating they cannot pay out for my claim as I has another simcard in my device, I advised them that I do have a dual sim device Samsung galaxy s20 ultra and that my contract simcard and simcard supplied by my company has been in the phone at the time it was stolen they advised that they still cant pay out as I did not notify them about the second sim inserted in my device, advised the salesperson that I was never told to notify them when I do such action but she still said there's nothing I can do, and I urgently need a device which I am still paying for

VodacomProcessed upgrade as a new contract

Vodacom in error creating a new contract for me instead of processing an upgrade, to date no resolve has been made. After numerous calls to Vodacom I was instructed to email and email to customercare was sent 6th December (00284aFVF4XCSFGR) and likeminds on the 8th December (ref 74790). Numerous follow ups on Facebook messenger with the Vodacom Social Media team, and still no resolve!
                              Nobody is reading my email of what is required and getting frustrated! All I require is what I confirmed over the phone which is an upgrade and not a new contract.

• Pr
                                  Prof Neels Jan 25, 2021

Was your problem solved? I have exactly the same problem (asked for the upgrade of two existing contracts - got three (additional) new contracts instead).

• Pr
                                  Prof Neels Jan 25, 2021

@Shellyy946 Thank you - I will follow in your "footsteps" and do the same.

• Sh
                                  Shellyy946 Jan 25, 2021

@Prof Neels I eventually sent the ceo via LinkedIn a message and got this email
                                  [email protected] (Xoliswa) I have made some slow progress and should hopefully all be resolved soon

VodacomCellular Line Upgrade

Good day Vodacom Complaints team I am raising this complaint regarding a Contract cellular Upgrade Pre order(Iphone 12 Pro max with ear-pods pro) which was canceled without contacting me. I called on the 11 December to make an Upgrade to my existing contract and pre- order the ( Iphone 12 Pro max with ear-pods pro) for cellular number [protected]). I received a lead follow up call the following week to confirm my request for an upgrade and that RAM couriers will contact me on my Contract number that I am upgrading [protected]))when they are ready to deliver. I have just learnt when I followed up on my order status yesterday afternoon the 21st December that my order was canceled. Every agent that I have spoken too regarding why my order has been canceled has contradicted each other. Other agents advised it is due to me not being reachable by Vodacom on other numbers besides the contract number [protected]) I was told I would be reached on. Others agents said RAM couriers were not able to reach me. Other Agents advised my order was canceled due to them detecting a sim swap on my contract number [protected]). I must state that I was not at any point told when I called vodacom to initiate my upgrade and place a preorder about the above criteria, nor was I told about all the hoops I could need to jump on the Lead call I received from Vodacom. However conveniently and without any calls to me or emails, my upgrade request has been canceled. I believed these are not the Vodacom values that you uphold and live by in the way that I have received such poor customer service. I have been taken from pillar to post by every consultant that I have spoken too and all of them have been dismissive. Now I am being hold I need to go to a Vodacom store to apply again from scratch for the upgrade. I have no issues with that Provided I will receive the phone that I have pre Ordered on that day I get to the store. I have 2 cellular contract and a Fiber contract with Vodacom. Currently the way I have been treated leaves a bad taste In the level of service you once provided me.

Dec 17, 2020

Vodacom — Cancellation of accounts not in use

Accounts not cancelled after varies queries as well as emails written as well as phone calls. Email...

VodacomUpgrades

I Marina Clasen ‪[protected]‬ recently upgraded on my 2 contracts. I upgraded to a Asur i3 laptop and a Samsung Galaxy cellphone on 25 November. My goods haven't been delivered as of yet since RAM couriers did a pathetic job. My packages has been returned to Vodacom but nobody informed me how my upgrade will proceed and when I will receive my goods. Can I please have a feedback on this upgrade
                                  Greetings
                                  ‪[protected]‬
                                  Sent from my Huawei phone

VodacomVodacom Fibre

Had Vodacom fibre connected to my home approximately one month ago. Internet has been down for 95% of the time. Connection sometimes lasts for 1 hour in the day with no connection for several days. Called the fibre customer service 4 times but still no connection. I have 23 months left on the contract with no connection but have to pay my monthly subscription. Is this not fraud? Charging for no internet connection. Can't cancel as I have to pay the full outstanding amount for the remaining 23 months.