[Resolved] Cell Ctrying to cancel a contract

L Sep 03, 2018 Review updated:

[protected] Cancellation of contract
This has been the worse experience of my life trying to cancel my contract
Went into the Alberton Cell-C offices on 20 March and spoke to Phelokzi to cancel my contract. Gave her a letter to cancel
Went back 23 May to cancel again and gave them a letter cancelling the contract.
Went back to Cell-C- Alberton City and was told to call the number. Spoke to Lerato @ cancellation dept. Gave them the letter
Spoke to Roebelle x 2 In May in Call Centre and cancelled.
June the same with Dudu, July the same, August the same
1 Sept phoned Nthombi and cancelled contract. Told me cancelled but must send an e-mail to business @cellc.co.za and she will reposed.
No response back.
Phone back 3 Sept and there is o record after I spoke to Paul, Maleleko, Landi, Nonkululeko, Zihaar and Leah. I was cut off 6 times and everytime I have to call back and repeat the same questions.
So because Nthombi did not put anything on the system I now have to pay for October as well.
Leah noted that the contract is now cancelled, but will have to pay.
This has been the worse experience of my life with Cell-C and as far as I am concerned my money was taken without any consideration that I am a pensioner and I have cancelled this contract more than 6 times and have been trying since May to get this contract cancelled.

I suggest that someone contact my daughter Lieze Malan on [protected] and let her know that this contract has now been cancelled.
I do not want a refund, but I do not want to pay for October and I was told that the contract was eventually cancelled on 1 September

Lieze Malan on Behalf of YP Swanepoel

• Cell C's response · Sep 04, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

We sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience.

Our team will be in touch to assist.

^NT

• Cell C's response · Sep 05, 2018

Dear Rene Rudman

Thank you for making contact with Cell C regarding your cancellation request.

Please email us your cancellation reference or Cell C number with your contact details.

Our email address is [email protected]

Regards

^NS

• Cell C's response · Sep 18, 2018

Dear Rene Rudman

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your cancellation query.

We apologize for the late response, please send us your Cell C + contact number to sm @cellc.co.za so we can assist with your query.

^NZ

• Resolution Statement

• Re
    Rene Rudman Sep 05, 2018

I am also trying to cancel my contract. Cancelled my contract end of July, just to find out yesterday that the contract was never cancelled. I went to a Cell C store, they said I can only call 084 143 to cancel the contract and only do so from 08h00 to 16h00 from Mondays to Fridays. My 24 month contract has expired end of July and I DO NOT WANT/NEED TO CONTRACT ANYMORE. Legally I only subscribed for 24 months and I cancelled the contract at the end of July. Why is it so difficult to cancel a contract.