Menu

complaints

T-Mobile USA Complaints Summary

204 Resolved
1083 Unresolved
Our verdict: With T-Mobile USA's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for T-Mobile USA has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of T-Mobile USA. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

T-Mobile USA complaints 1287

Sort by:

Newest T-Mobile USA complaints

6:49 pm EST

T-Mobile USA Phone charge

In October 2023 I signed up for service. At the time, I was given a cell phone. I specifically asked if I had to pay for the phone and the employee said the phone was free. Today I wanted to go to another company. I was told that I owed $791.64 for the cell phone, which I had been told the phone was free. I decided to cancel my request with the other company and continue with T-mobile until I could report the mis information that was told to me. When doing so, I was told there was a network lock based on the fact I would have to pay for the phone when I was told the phone was free. I am a real estate agent, and my phone number is on my business cards. My clients have no way to contact me. Without my phone connected I am losing money. I need the phone service turned back on immediately with the same telephone number, [protected])

Desired outcome: I would like a response; my service restored and not be charged for the phone.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified T-Mobile USA representatives only. If you are affiliated with T-Mobile USA, please claim your business to access these details.

C
3:21 pm EST

T-Mobile USA Customer service

From when we signed up until now its all been lies horrible service and worse customer service.

We were told we would have service where we live its very intermittent our texts rarely get to anywhere or come in the next day.

I broke my phone did an insurance claim 100.00 went ok

Car got broke into went to do insurance on phone and Ipad they want 350.00. Who can afford that

The police asked me to have them ping my phone and was told no they cannot do that.

Absolutely no help, cannot run an automatic payment but shut the service down and text the 1 person who is not authorized on the account.

I cannot sign in online because I have no phone to get a code.

They are the worst

Claimed loss: phone I pad

Desired outcome: cheaper deductible, do what the police ask an apology and some good customer service

10:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I switched service providers from T-Mobile to Verizon in 2021. I immediately tried to port my numbers and one number on the account could not be ported due to discrepancies in my account. While I had an active line, I was told that the IMEI numbers did not match T-Mobiles records and the phone could not be unlocked. As retired military, I did not want to...

Is T-Mobile USA legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals T-Mobile USA as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 15% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, T-Mobile USA stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering T-Mobile USA should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

T-Mobile USA earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: T-Mobile USA achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for T-Mobile USA. The company provides a physical address, 8 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

T-Mobile USA has claimed the domain name for t-mobile.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

T-mobile.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows T-Mobile USA website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up T-Mobile USA and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While T-Mobile USA has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 15% of 1287 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the t-mobile.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • T-Mobile USA protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to T-Mobile USA. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
A
5:52 pm EST

T-Mobile USA Bill and Internet

Metro by T-Mobile has twice overcharged us for our bill would not help told us that since we've had so much trouble they would waive the activation fee for the internet would not do that then try charging us an extra month of service for the internet when I called and asked they told me pretty much they can't do anything because they're overseas and I asked for corporates number and they said they don't have it and can't give it out

Claimed loss: 286.90

Desired outcome: Internet back on and my bill fix

3:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the consistently poor customer service and misinformation I have received from T-Mobile representatives. As a loyal customer of over ten years, I am extremely disappointed with the level of service I have encountered recently. I purchased a phone from T-Mobile that was advertised as being free. However...

12:23 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Store: 2704 N Pine Hills Rd. Orlando Fl 32808. Feb 7th, I went in to pay my phone bill when the cash payment system was down. I asked the guy a few questions and 1 question in particular was could I transfer to another phone and asked the fee amount.. He, stated " there was no change since I already had a number". I go put cash on a card and happily asked...

K
5:58 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

T-Mobile USA Run from t-mobile: they are incompetent!!!

After hours of explaining and guarantees from t-mobile representatives that everything was rightly corrected on their end, weeks later I received a bill threatening to report a delinquency to the credit bureaus. The thing is though, I never had an active account with them so how could I have a deliquent bill to the tune of 286.48?

Nothing works as it should with t-mobile. I am so happy that I did not go through with my purchase with them. So sorry if you are using their service, but if I were you, I would cut my losses and run from t-mobile.

Claimed loss: False reports on my credit reports.

Desired outcome: Recalculate my bill to 0 now not 30 days from now!!!!!

W
5:16 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

T-Mobile USA My bill is over charge from july 2023 and shouldn't charge reinstall fee

Our T-mobile account# is [protected]. My name is Wenqi Yang phone#is [protected]. Yesterday, you terminated our phone service abruptly without any prior notice, causing significant inconvenience. Because our credit card is expired and we don't know so we missed Jan bill payment. We had to pay $184.65 (over charge $79.65) to reinstate the service. Why didn't you remind us beforehand? You shouldn't charge one time fee with install and other fee total $79.65. Additionally, I noticed that starting from July 2023, you covertly increased our bill from $105 to $120. This is very unreliable behavior. I intend to appeal. Please refund the extra $15 per month that we've been overcharged. Also, reimburse us for the installation fee. yesterday we paid. We've been with your company for four years, and instead of receiving any benefits, we are being charged more. In the past, with Verizon, we used to receive rewards every year. I am waiting for hearing back from you.

Desired outcome: refund over $15/monly (Jul 23-Jan 24), total and refund the reinstall fee $79.65.

Update by Wendy Yang
Feb 07, 2024 12:04 pm EST

I called T-mobile, they told me they change bill from $105 to $120 because my card changed from Debit card to credit card. I go back check my auto payment that the card was not changed, same the card. T-Mobile just want to over charge my bill. I hope they refund over charge total is (July-Dec) $15x6=$90. I attached the copy of my card with auto payment. You can see my card was charged different from JulyThanks!

View 0 more photos
Update by Wendy Yang
Feb 07, 2024 8:57 am EST

I am waiting for hearing back the result.

M
1:17 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

T-Mobile USA Fraudulent activity on my account and equipment that was paid in full

I am submitting my complaint on the customer service I have received with this company. My services had been disconnected as of 11/2023, I made payment in full on Jan. 9, 2024, had my services disconnected and switched to a T-Mobile prepaid account. On Jan 19 a bill had been generated for a tablet line that I did not have as well as charges for equipment that was supposed to have been paid in full. I need this matter resolved, someone within your company locations has stolen my information, received a tablet in my name and now I am being charged for equipment that I have already paid for. As well as telling me that I was signed to a 2-year contract when I was told in the store the contract was for one year upon signing as well as when I changed my services over, I was told that I no longer had any contracts with T-Mobile. I would like an investigation into my account information as well as my original contract from 2022.

Desired outcome: Rectified immediately and charges removed

3:54 pm EST

T-Mobile USA Phone service

Metro is taking money from me they double charged me twice this month and now I paid $80 I paid them $167 and yet they're still threatening to turn my phone off if I don't pay them again by the 11th I just paid them I just paid them to have my phone service put on put on and yet they're trying to tell me they need more money by the 11th and they're cutting it off I'll be damned if that happens I need something done

Claimed loss: 150 dollars

Desired outcome: I want my money back and I want to be done with them

K
4:34 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 6-27-2-23 I went to T-mobile to upgrade my phone. The sales person that helped me seemed happy to help me and we started to process. I told him that I was on the senior plan and wanted to keep my bill as low as possible as I was about to retire. I was clear that I would have a payment plan for the new phone but did plan to pay off the phone balance in a...

A
4:38 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought 3 lines of service in October The representative insisted on Selena's glass screen protectors, In order to trick us into buying them. She said that the total for all 3 was $27. When actually she ring them up at $27 each. That was the first lie. The second issue was with the phones not being able to receive incoming calls after multiple attempts to...

View 0 more photos
10:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am just totally blown away by what has happened to some of the big so-called American companies over the last decade! In no way am I racist my children are from mixed backgrounds my my wife is a all together different nationality than myself I will not get into what it is but I just want to start up by saying that I love people for being good people no...

E
4:16 pm EST

T-Mobile USA cell service

N't get a working phoi;m a heart patient with a montior. I can;t get a working phone. I repeat and repeat, get disconnected, on hold. Keeps breaking up.

For 6 months working on tower, still. No working phone.

Very rude reps. Their backround noise, hard to hear and annoying.

Put you on hold transfer you. Molre hold. Alwaysat a party at work. No customer service.

6 months no working phone.

I have wstec hours on hold. Transfers,

Desired outcome: working phone, or no no bill till its fixed

5:29 pm EST

T-Mobile USA T-Mobile phone service

After two phone lines and two phones, and three years of decent service, we added our teen to our T-Mobile service and added another line.

We got a 'deal' as the phone from T-Mobile was half-price, paid a fee, and understood we would make $13 payments for the phone and new line at half the price of our lines at $20.

We got our first bill and are being charged $75 for the new phone line when we were told it was going to be $20.

We have spent three hours on with customer service trying to recover the deal we were sold.

They are only offering a $15 'discount', and if we leave T-Mobile we have to pay full price for the phone.

I also will mention the mess of communication at having two account holders but different billing information sent to my husband and myself. Thus, we were being charged late fees and more because we weren't getting correct billing.

R
9:05 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern,I went into Metro by T mobile on 11/24/2023 at 5;12 pm to purchase an upgraded phone. I purchased a Wiko Voix 32 G for $74.89. Ever since i got this upgraded phone it has been nothing but trouble for me. Apparently everyone i talk to on the phone cant hear me. I can hear them talking to me but they cant hear me. I have contacted Metro...

U
12:53 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a customer with t-mobile and i've always liked and respected them for having exceptional customer service. On November 28th all of this changed when I attempted to take advantage of a promotion offering me a free iphone 14. I figured it would be a great gift for my daughter. I completed my order so i thought with a tmobile customer service rep...

E
1:42 pm EST

T-Mobile USA Wireless service

Have had t mobil since may. I have spent 5 months trying to get a working phone. For months been working on the tower. Barely can se automated systems can' hear me, T mobil reps in call centers the are very loud. Don't speak english, will hang up on you. Even if you get on them. Don't do anything. I'm heart patient with a elderly mom need a working phone. My device app is on my phone. I pay my bills but no for non working service. I live in a nice area with wealthy residents. The rat us like were some back woods hicks. A smoke signal is better. They replaced the phone, no resolve, 5 months of bad service is unacceptable!

Desired outcome: a wrong phone or no bill until its working is working properly.

9:00 pm EST

T-Mobile USA Sales Discrepancy

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a matter of great concern regarding a dispute I am currently experiencing with Tmobile

I called multiple times and had chat with Tmobile asking to refund my money. Despite my efforts to resolve this matter amicably, the issue remains unresolved. This situation has caused me significant inconvenience, frustration, and financial loss.

I am seeking a fair and prompt resolution to this dispute. I kindly request a thorough investigation into this matter and a detailed response outlining the steps that will be taken to address and rectify the situation.

J
3:47 pm EST

T-Mobile USA harassment phone calls

After 20 months of good cellular service from TMobile I was contacted via email and told they were working on the tower I usually use. After they sent it a second time I lost almost all reception. I had either 1 small dot or an x through the triangemeaning no service. After a visit to the local Tmobile store and 2 lengthy phone calls with the tech group they failed to get me service. I told the I'm cancelling my contrat which I beleive had only 2 months to go and signed up Verizon. the only contact I've had with Tmobile is acontinuous array of phone calls from TMobile which ring only once. I've forwarded that info the the FCC.

The number is [protected]. I've called it and doesn't even offer a way to talk to anyone live about a bill. This has been going on for aout a month now.

Desired outcome: stop calling and hanging up after 1 ring

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about T-Mobile USA?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the required personal information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with T-Mobile USA. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing Charges by T-Mobile" or "Poor Customer Service at T-Mobile Store".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with T-Mobile USA. Include key areas such as:

• Service Issues: Mention any problems with mobile service, such as poor signal, dropped calls, or data issues.
  • Billing Disputes: Describe any discrepancies in your bill or unauthorized charges.
  • Customer Service: Share your interactions with customer service representatives, including any unhelpful or rude behavior.
  • Product Concerns: Discuss any issues with devices or accessories purchased from T-Mobile.
  • Contract and Policy Disputes: Explain any disagreements over contract terms, cancellation fees, or policy misunderstandings.

Include relevant transaction information, the nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, and the company's response. Explain how the issue has personally affected you, such as financial loss or inconvenience.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as bills, correspondence, or screenshots. Do not include sensitive personal information like social security numbers or full credit card details.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state the resolution you are seeking from T-Mobile USA, whether it be a refund, exchange, or other specific action.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review and publication.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or potentially from T-Mobile USA representatives addressing your concerns.

Overview of T-Mobile USA customer experience

T-Mobile has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers lately. The most common complaints include poor network coverage, dropped calls, slow data speeds, and billing issues. Many customers have also reported poor customer service and difficulty resolving their problems. Additionally, some customers have expressed frustration with the company's policies and fees, such as early termination fees and international roaming charges. Overall, T-Mobile seems to have a lot of work to do to improve its services and customer satisfaction.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

T-Mobile USA contacts