rca.com / Technicolor Logo

rca.com / Technicolor

Having problems with rca.com / Technicolor?

+1 800 968 9853 (Canada / TV Support)
+54 114 863 4000 (Argentina)
+1 800 252 6123 (North America / Android & Windows Tablets)
+1 877 252 6873 (USA / US (Blu-ray and DVD)
+1 877 722 4908 (USA and Canada / Home Telephone Support)
+1 800 645 4994 (North America / Home & Portable Audio)
+1 800 722 2161 (USA and Canada / TVs for Commercial Market)
+1 800 511 3180 (USA / Business Telephone Product)
+1 877 822 2915 (USA / Professional Communications Product)
+1 888 576 6643 (Canada / LED Lighting Support)
PO Box 6860
Aurora, Illinois
United States - 60598-0860

Complaints & Reviews

7 inch rca tablet

My 8 year old son used his birthday money to by himself a RCA 7/8 inch tablet for 79.99 from Cobourg Ontario Walmart. That was in july. I noticed after about 2 weeks he stopped using it. He told me it was incredibly slow and he could properly play the games he had downloaded. I tried to return it but the 14 day return policy was expired. I'm asking what the next step is? My daughter in may bought the 10 inch and it works great. I'm just very disappointed for my little guy that he spent all the money he earned and saved for a crappy tablet. Can you help us out please, .

rca 10.1 tablet

Purchased this product, along with an extended warranty, from HSN in late November as a Xmas gift. It now has the blue screen of death. Contacted HSN who referred me to RCA. After calling three times, no one speaks English very well, I was instructed to go to the RCA warranty Website to fill out a repair request. When I received the return info it stated I had to pay $30 for them to do any repair, plus I needed to pay for the return shipping and insurance as well as the specific return material, signed receipt info just to ship it back. A $100 dollar tablet was going to cost me over $50 to ship back. So much for the one year warranty. Plus, if they deemed it worthy of replacement, they would send me a remanufactured unit, not a new one. When I called to complain to HSN, all they said was "sorry" that's the manufacturers choice, not ours. I asked about the extended warranty and was told that starts when the manufacturers warranty expires. Will never purchase an RCA product again, or shop at HSN.

rled5536uhd

Purchased this about a year and a half ago as a bedroom television, so not our main tv and the power supply...

Moorefield Entertainment

the warranty service and time it takes

We bought a rca tv from the brick in our town in march 2018.in august 2018 we shut it off before going to bed and tv would not turn back on the next day, so I called rca tech service, I went thru the process he told me to do but it would not work. I tried several times and yes I did replace batteries in remote, and we tried turning it on with on/off button on side of tv. The dealer in town told us to call rca number and we did, they in turn told us to take photos of the tv from all directions and send our copy of our receipt which we did.
They assured us they were checking the problem with several emails after I checked with them, well that was august 21, 2018 and each time I emailed them it was the same answer. Well in my opinion that is not performance when a product is under warranty. It should have been replaced if they stand behind their product. Also the tech person told us according to the serial number this tv we that we purchased was a 2014 tv and should not have been sold by any dealer. So now we are waiting sept 11, 2018 and no answer and no tv in our home. Please check into this problem. We have purchased many products from the brick and do not want their reputation to be spoiled because of products they sell.

rca cambio 10.1 inch 2in1 32gb tablet with windows 10, intel atom z8350 2gb ram, includes keyboard (purple)

This laptop is a piece of crap! I missing a key. Every time I type my cursor moves elsewhere. Cortana constants speaks and I am not asking her to. My text gets highlighted randomly. I cannot believe that this laptop is being sold on Amazon for more than $100.00. Was this laptop passed through quality assurance before distributing to other companies to sell?

tv/dvd warranty not honored

For Christmas 2016 I bought a 24" TV/DVD combo for my bedroom. It lasted less than 4 months. After filling out numerous forms and sending receipts, RCA sent out a repairman who couldn't fix the set. That was in April, 2017. I have been waiting for a response from RCA and emailing their representative, Deborah Labastida [protected]@gmail for 10 months with no result.
The claim number they assigned me is at rmalookup.com is SCT247615
Here is a copy of the email from today.

Sent: Thu, Feb 15, 2018 11:47 am
Subject: Re: RCA Warrranty

Good Day!

I do apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. I wanna be honest with you that right now RCA is in the process of filing for bankruptcy. What I can do here in my end is to escalate this issue once again and hoping RCA will be able to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

God bless you!

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 2:31 PM, wrote:

Dear Deborah,

I have not been contacted by RCA. It has been 10 months since my claim. Are you sure this is not being overlooked? Is there any way I can contact them directly?

I would appreciate any help you can give me. SCT247615

Elizabeth Cretara

Sent: Thu, Jul 13, 2017 7:03 am
Subject: Re:

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the delay. We appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please give them time to check on this and rest assured this is not being overlooked.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:45 AM, wrote:

Hi Deborah,

No one from RCA called me yet.

Elizabeth

Sent: Wed, Jul 12, 2017 6:05 am
Subject: Re:

Hello,

I do apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. I just want to confirm that no one from RCA called you yet?

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 8:19 PM, wrote:

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for this information. I went to the website and filled in the information on June 28, as soon as I got your email. I waited a week and when I did not hear anything from RCA I went back to the website and sent it again - along with the previous correspondence I had with you (I copied you on that email). I still have not heard anything from RCA. I expected to have some answer or at least an acknowledgement that my information was received.

Could you contact them again? Should I continue to go to the website and fill in all the information every week until someone contacts me?

Please advise me about this. I do not know if RCA will want the broken TV returned to them or if I should try to find a place to recycle it. I do not know if I should buy another set or if they will give me a replacement.

Elizabeth Cretara

sct247615

Sent: Wed, Jun 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello,

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We just received an update from RCA for your concern. Please click this link http://www.rca.com/activeon-warranty-request and fill in the information needed for further assistance and send it to rca.tv.[protected]@rca.com

Deborah
There were many more emails sent and received before these.

television

Don't ever buy a RCA Product or but it from KMART I purchased a 50 RCA TV last year because I was going...

television

Aug 30

Your name
Email address
Contact #
Television size and model #
Date of purchase, with receipt
Any past communication regarding the warranty claim
Rosalind Tucker

Sep 23 (10 days ago)

will not power on

Sep 26 (7 days ago)

to rca.tv.support
This is my third email my TV does not have any power will not power on I just staring using this TV In August my next step is the better business bureau and consumer affair complaints

9:51 AM (5 hours ago)

to rca.tv.support
I am now sending this letter to the better business bureau

android tablet model rct6973w73

this tablet will not stream more than 8 to 10 minutes. it will stop and I have to reload the station I am...

portable dvd player

RCA has the worst service ever after a lengthy attempt to get help I finally was assured that sending my unit back would get me a new one but not the refund I would rather have since their product is crap. We used the player twice and it was broken. They now have had my unit for 2 months and will not assist me. No one to call. Cannot find the CEO contact information and am beyond frustrated!!

I want my 130.00 back that I paid for the unit and I want to be done with this miserable company.

Ticket # 187765

warranty complaint

Defective unit in less than 2 months. Filed a warranty claim and received an email on Feb 27th that a replacement was being sent and I would receive it within 10 days. No replacement after 3 weeks. RA# they sent in email had no information found on RCA website when I checked it. I sent another email to get update and was told they would send a prepaid return label through email and I would need to send defective unit and they would either fix it or replace it (this after they said the replacement was already on the way). I never got the email. I am still trying to get the issue resolved with them

I work to hard for my money

On January 31 2015 I brought a rca home theater. On February 21 2015 I smelled a burning like electric and heard some popping noise. I unplugged the main unit immediately. I contacted the person I brought it from which was walmart they stated it was pass the fifteen Days allowed so by the twenty first day of owning walmart day contact the manufacturer who is rca. The even more killing part is in this pamplet that was inside my home theater system made in October 2014 product number RT2781BE model number r0201013b0213 . How come none of the [protected] or [protected] work are there no real people who work for them. I filled my complaint with rca still no response after 72 hrs. Shame on walmart for selling there products and shame on rca for creating junk and maybe all most burning down my house. Also I sent a copy of the receipt to them

tv shuts off by itself

As a disabled person, any purchase I make of an item that is hard to move is stressful. This purchase has made my life a living HELL! Within a couple weeks of getting this TV installed into my house, it started to shut itself OFF all by itself.. and then turn back on without me doing anything! I immediately contacted the company... and got some kid who informed me that I just needed to push the button at the back of the TV to make it stop doing this. I complied with him...and he dismissed my concern that this wasn't normal. Now... if I had been any other customer, I should have been told to RETURN the TV to the store. But... since I cannot move the TV without paid help... and no one even suggested that this problem would continue... I got stuck with this thing. Now, you'd think that if they KNOW about the PROBLEM... they would have FIXED IT... and not just IGNORED IT and continued SELLING IT! But, no.. this company COMPLETELY IGNORES the problem! Now, I've had it 3 months... the problem still exists! I tried contacting the company.. and ended up with a Supervisor who tells me that I need to DRIVE to a repair shop that is almost 40 minutes away to see it they can fix it! First of all... I don't have a car! Secondly, if they want me to get it fixed... then they should have told me when I FIRST BOUGHT IT! I have purchased RCA TV's in the past.. and loved them... Not so with this one! The static on it is awful! The help from the company is worse! They said they would like me to SEND in the TV... and that it should be back with in 2 - 3 weeks???!!! Ok... I'm not an idiot... I read over the WARRATY. Since this a problem that they know about...and that is NOT FIXABLE... I believe they should replace it! STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM THEM! AWFUL WARRANTY HELP>>>THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

product review

I am the unfortunate owner of the RCA Wi-Fi streaming Media Player. this is a complete pile of crap to say the least. It works only half of the time and when it does it is as slow as dile-up internet. The pathetic remote that comes with this product could have been better designed by a five year old! The product costs enough but is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!! It takes a special kind of stupid to design something this unreliable. Huge waste of time and money. I will do my best to NEVER buy an RCA product of any kind again!

if this is the type of product you sell I will no longer be a customer

I purchased a RCA 48″ TV> In the 6 months I have had 2 repair persons to come to fix it.

The repairman said this panel may also be defective. It has been over 2 months waiting for this to be fixed.

WHY DO YOU SELL RCA? RCA DOES NOT EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO RESPOND TO A COMPLAINT.

If this is the type of product you sell I will NO LONGER BE A CUSTOMER!

bulb lasting 6 months, dots on screen

Picture bulb on RCA M50WH92S DLP HDTV last 6 months.I have installed 5 bulbs Also the TV is 3 years old and the screen is filling up with white dots. I think RCA should be obligated to let the consumer know on the box that the picture bulb is go to need to be replaced every 6 months. The quality of this HDTV is terrible and there should be a recall.

jaberwocky Nov 20, 2011

RCA is nothing like it use to be. My parents had their old RCA console tv for over 20 yrs with no problems. But the TV's RCA makes now are basically disposable.

• Po
    PonyGirlRay Dec 17, 2011

My parents have the RCA HDTV model # M50WH925...in less than a year they had to replace the lamp, now there are white dots all over the screen. I finally find out that it is the Light Engine and RCA has discontinued tht part!! Their tv is not even 3 years old yet!! I did a google search on the white dots and every issue I found on google, and there are a lot of them, are the exact same model #!!! If you are gonna make a product and sell it for a fortune, then you should make the parts to fix the piece of ###!! My family will not buy another RCA product EVER!! RCA should make it right with all these people!!!

• Li
    lilrichrrr Mar 23, 2012

where can i get a digital light engine for this model ?

• Vi
    Victoria Shoupe Dec 26, 2012

I totally agree. I will never purchase another RCA product. I have replaced 2 lamps costing over $400.00 now have the white dots as well.

• Je
    Jessie Chera Mar 06, 2013

Replaced bulb and now white dots!!!
    Piece of crap I hate it!
    RCA 50" about five years old

• Br
    briisback Mar 06, 2013

Yrs same here..replaced bulb, TN came on with little white dots..then went black with the sound running still...took lamp out put it back in..picture came back but then went out again...wierd

poor customer service

I purchased an RCA 46" LCD HDTV 3 years ago. Within the first year, the sound went out of the tv. I had to drive the tv 50 miles to have it repaired (warranty) only to be told it couldn't be fixed and they gave me a replacement (though it was not the same model). Two years later, the exact same thing happens only this time they say there is nothing they can do except extend unwarrantied service. For a company who's motto is "if you're not thrilled, we're not satisfied", they don't back it up with action. Instead, I was told a "top of the line" LCD tv is only good for 4-6 years and the customer just needs to get used to that. I would recommend to buy ANY other brand than RCA if that is their stance!

malfunctioned

I received an RCA Opal mp3 player for Christmas last year. After 3 months, it short-circuted. Now, whenever I press the power button, the screen is stuck on initializing, and I'm unable to listen to music anymore (which is kind of the point of an mp3 player). I can't return it to Walmart, since it was a gift from my mom, (no receipt) and I know tech service can't help me since all I would be able to do is download an updated firmware version for the player. I've tried that...even in compatibility mode, their firmware software does not work with Windows 7. My mom wasted $60 on an mp3 player that stopped working 4 months after I got it. We're both never buying from RCA again, (that includes purchases from their unoriginal record label), and I suggest anyone who doesn't want to waste their money do the same.

malfunctioned

• Ps
    pscatmom Jan 20, 2018

I received my RCA MP3 player for Christmas, a couple of years ago, and it too does not work anymore. It started when I could no longer see my menu screen, but the music would still play, but now it's useless...time to buy from a better company.

red line on screen-2nd one to do this

I have to agree with P_A_B and also add that I have sent 3 e-mails to RCA to no avail. My L32HD32D TV started getting a red line down the middle of the screen and I contacted them. Keep in mind that I also had the extended warranty with it.(an extra $52.00) They said they would replace it for an additional $74.00.(Administrative fee)What's up with this? Now, with the cost of the TV($686.00), Extended warranty($52.00) and Administrative fee($74.00) I have $812.00 in this TV. Oh wait, it gets better. Now, 1 1/2 months after warranty ran out, I have a big red curved line on the right side of screen.(see photo) I have e-mailed them 3 times and have yet to get a reply. As soon as I get the CEO's e-mail address, I'll send him one, too. I doubt if it does any good. I have been looking at other TVs because, obviously, I WILL NOT buy another RCA product as long as I live.

red line on screen-2nd one to do this

don't work

Bought a RCA mp3 player 4 gigs on 9/19 and in less than a month it stopped working. Took mp3 to Walmart and they stated it was over 15 days and I had to contac RCA directly. Gave me [protected] never answered. For the past two weeks I been on a ping-pong game of numbers and my MP3 still does not work. I will never buy a RCA product ever in my life. Do your homework before buying a RCA electronic.