Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Cell CUpgrade

Good morning

I am really disappointed with the level of service which I have receive from Cell C. I did an upgrade on the 02 October 2020 and I was told that i will get the phone 5-7 working days

I called last week Friday, I was inform that I will get it this week. When I call today (12/10/2020) I was inform that it will take two to three weeks for me to get my phone. Initial I did an upgrade and I was given a wrong phone

As a customer I feel not valued by your organization

this is the worst service ever

• Cell C's response · Oct 12, 2020

Good Afternoon Matshavha Makgatho

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have received your query regarding an upgrade.

Please send an email to [email protected] and include your query and contact details.

^NZ

Oct 09, 2020

Cell C — Mislead by cellc cornubia

Hi, I was dealing with Kimone from Cellc Cornubia, She called us on many occasions stating we need to...

Cell CCancellation of contract

My cell contract expired beginning of last year (2019). Since then I have been trying to cancel my contract but it is impossible (so no blaming covid). I always have to go through customer service to get put through to the retentions department. I am then on hold for over 30 minutes at a time and then suddenly a voice asks for my feedback on the service received and the call ends. This is beyond frustrating now as I still get debited every month for a service I no longer use. It is extremely unprofessional. I will be stopping the debit order as I have done everything I can and according to procedure without any outcome.

• Cell C's response · Oct 07, 2020

Hi Natalie

Thank you for taking time to write to us.

Please email your cancellation request to [email protected] and include your contact details, we will assist you.

Cell CPrepaid contract for r599 with 10g data, 3000 min

I have paid for my prepaid contract and I have still not received my benefits. I have been calling cell c since last week thursday and each time I am told the issue has been escalated and will be resolved! I have just called again today and I am being told my case have been assigned to someone else and I must wait 48 hours. How? Why am I being made to wait yet another day for my benefits to be loaded???

To date nothing has happened but you have received my payment with all requested proofs of payment for even past months! I am working from home how am I supposed to work without voice minutes or data!!! This is very frustrating!!! I am begging you to fix this!!!
      I have asked to also terminate my contract for the month of november! This email serves as my notice as I am a prepaid customer on a month to month! I am so so tired of begging cell c for benefits I pay for!!!

• Cell C's response · Oct 06, 2020

Hi Yolanda

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly send an email to [email protected] and our Team will attend to your query urgently.

Cell CServices

I'm very unhappy about Cell C's service. My phone fell and the screen broke. I submitted it with RAM with all the documents I sent hundred times. Nobody did anything and now they said I submitted the claim too late. It's not my fault. They also said the procedure is going to take a long time due to covid 19. It is not my fault that the claim is late. I have already paid the extra amount on the claim. You need to repair the phone or I'm looking for the new one. I have a one year warranty on the phone so I'm also under the impression that I can get a new one if something happens. If I do not get my phone back now and that it has been repaired, I will go to Hello Pieter and I will submit a statement to the Police. As soon as I have my phone back I am going to cancel my contract.

Your service is not good at all. I am very disappointed.

• Cell C's response · Oct 05, 2020

Hi Marissa

Cell CCancellation

I have a contract with cellc that expired this month, I want to cancel it because I have no use for it anymore. The past 4 days, I have been calling the retentions department for more than 5times a day, just to get put on hold for sometimes over 30minutes without amy answer. I have emailed them with no luck. How must I cancel a contract if there is no one that can assist you and the shops wont help you also. Its R900 a month that I pay for something I dont use and now they dont wamt to assist to cancel it, the contract have even been renewed without my consent. I will not pay for this thing forever because the service is pathetic and they dont want to answer the phone or assist their clients. Please cellc, the retentions department must call me back or I am going to take legal action. Thanks.

• Cell C's response · Oct 02, 2020

Good day

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Kindly send us the number in question and contact to reach you on to [email protected]

Our support team will contact you and assist.

^PN

Oct 01, 2020

Cell C — Customer service

Good day. I would like to lay a complaint, I recieved a message that my contract is due for an upgrade with...

Cell CCancellation of cell c fibre

We have canceled our Cell C Fibre contract and gave a month's notice, yet our line is still active.

We will not pay for another single day as our Fibre contract was supposed to come to an end on midnight the 30th of September 2020.

We have signed up with a new service provider and they confirm that our line has not been released even though we received written notice that our line will be released.

Account no [protected]

Please provide me with your Ombutsman details so that I can lodge a complaints.

Nelia

Cell CContract cancellation

I have been trying to cancel my contract with Cell C for at least 4 months. Every month I still have to pay for a contract I no longer want and then they would occasionally call me to find out if I'm happy with the contract, when I say no I have to explain the entire situation from the start and then my calls are transferred from one person to the next.
              When I finally get to cancellations dept. I hold for at least 15-30 minutes and then the line drops. I have wasted at least 5 hours of my life unsuccessfully trying to stop the contract and spent hundreds of rands on a contract that I no longer want. I am extremely frustrated and at this point I think they do it to purposefully to milk as much as they can from their customers. I have been with them for 10 years and it seems that no amount of loyalty goes unpunished. They make it nearly impossible to cancel a contract.

• Cell C's response · Sep 30, 2020

Good day

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Our support team will contact you and assist.

^PN

Cell CUse of my cell number by a 3rd party

When I am trying to log in I get a message that my number is being used by some one else, this is causing too much stress in my life right now how can CellC allow someone to have my number or clone it or why is Facebook not blocking the individual then? Please will u resolve this I had gotten another message that my number is on telegram really...wow.This is my personal information being at risk for public consumption.

Regards
                E Tshuma

Use of my cell number by a 3rd party
                Use of my cell number by a 3rd party

• Cell C's response · Sep 19, 2020

Good day Emmanuel

Thank you for contacting us.

Please send us the number in question to [email protected]

Regards
                    NT

Sep 17, 2020

Cell C — Contracts

In January 2020. We went to Clearwater Mall Branch to find out why we have additional amounts on our LTE...

Cell CTop up contract benefits

I have been battling with cell c for almost 2 weeks now to get my benefits loaded for my month to month 3g pinnacle top up contract. I have been told by their consultants that they can see and do confirm cell c has received my monthly fee on 29 august 2020, but up until today 14 september 2020, they still have not loaded my benefits. I have struggling with cell c to get this sorted out since 3 september 2020. I am appalled by their bad service and couldn't care attitude. If you don't want my business anymore cell c, then please say so. Refund my measly r250 and I will go elsewhere.

• Cell C's response · Sep 14, 2020

Hi Duane

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We will have that investigated and rectified. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please send us your Cell C/ID and contact number to [email protected]

Sep 11, 2020

Cell C — Defective device

I am an existing Cell C customer: J Johannes I signed a renewal agreement on 05/09/2020 - Reason: My device...

Cell CPaid up letter

My name is Thabo, I had a contract that I paid up last year September and I went to a bank to apply for credit on to find out that it still reflects arrears, called for a paid up letter, I'm given a run around after I was advised to wait for 48 hours, now I'm told the legal department is working from home, I can't contact them directly and I can't be provided with a maximum timeframe of when can I receive the paid up letter. I waited for a full year for them to resolve my query and even up to this moment nothing has materialized., It's really frustrating
                    Contract number is [protected]
                    My contact number is [protected]

• Cell C's response · Sep 11, 2020

Hi Thabo

That is definitely not the type of service we aspire to provide, please accept our sincerest apologies as we look into this.

Please send us your ID and contact number to [email protected]

Cell C24 month contract

i've been having a contract with cell c for almost 1 year 4 months, in June 2020 my services were dismissed without my knowledge. and when I go to the shop I was told my account is not on records anymore because of an unpaid debits for Feb to Mar, I couldn't understand how because at some stage in Feb I missed a debit and I went to pay cash. In June when im being put off the records due to non-payment I was not informed via call or sms or something. now I want to rectify this issue the shop don't have contact to give for me for the legal team, all I was given was an email address ([protected]@cellc.co.za) till to date im not replied to, I found out that im handed to credit bereu im blacklisted. how do you list a person without informing them, please assign me to the legal team who have my file and get this fixed, I want to pay what is said im owing and clear my name

ID no. [protected]
                      cell no, [protected] or [protected] (work)

• Cell C's response · Sep 10, 2020

Hi Mantshadi

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The matter will be referred to our Support Team for investigation. Please send us your ID and contact number to [email protected]

Sep 08, 2020

Cell C — The shop manager

I went to Cell C Westgate Mall to buy a sim card and try to get sim swap done. Right at the door, which wa...

Cell CPaid up letter

I ran a credit check on my profile a couple of months ago and it turns out that cell c account hasn't updated on their system that the account has been paod up on 31 January 2020 already. I have since been trying to get a paid up letter from them and everytime I'm told by the customer service that they will escalate the matter to the legal department and they will phone me back and they never do.

I sent emails to them with proof of payment attached, requesting a paid up letter but they never responded. Now I need to apply for a huge credit and this cell c that is claiming that my account is arrears of R604 is blocking me from applying for any credit. Its like this legal department doesn't exist because wow🙄

Hi Selina

Thank you for getting in touch.

We sincerely apologies for the unpleasant experience.

The matter will be escalated to our Support Team. Please email us your ID and contact number to [email protected]

Cell CNo services

Cell c service sucks!!! I will never recomment them!! Ive been a loyal costumer for almost 20 years. Ive heard about there poor service and its dissapointing.

Im without a phone since june. No one has assisted me they send me from pillar to post. Ive emailed I phoned I even have names. Everything I do its almost like dead a end.

I took out a new contract in september 2019 and ask agent I dont want new number and that one of my contacts is expiring and that the contract must run from my old number. That never happened and this was only found out when I lost my phone and insurance told me my contract was paid up and that I cant get phone.

This was when my number that I requested new number to run from got cancelled. I cant do simswap and no one wants to help. Me. Cant someone help..

Hi Lovu

Thank you for bringing this matter into our attention.

That is definitely not the type of service we aspire to provide, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Kindly, send us your Cell C and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Cell CContract phone

My brother[H I Makhubela]ID No: [protected], Cell number: [protected]. has 2x (contracts with Cell C) the accounts are as follows: [protected] and [protected], to his dismay to date the accounts are zero - to - zero but he s not receiving any data and airtime.

He started seeing this problem from March and April where by Cell c stopped to debit from his bank account and it had money by then it was not his problem, he was then handed over to a collecting company that collected money money on behalf of Cell c and settled.

Her we think the problem was the communication breakdown between Cell c and Mr. Makhubela. Kindly check and assist, the objective was that the children get something to push the school work with their phones and now it does not serve the purpose. if need more information please contact the client.

Good day Elone

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please send us your ID and contact number to [email protected] We would like to look into this matter.

Aug 31, 2020

Cell C — Arrears account

Good day Gideon Fuhri Joubert [protected] I have an arrears account with cellc that was handed over to SSDA...