Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cell C Complaints & Reviews

Cell CUnable to complete cancellation of my cell phone contract

In late November / early December 2020 I was called by a cell c representative that sold me a contract for 180 minutes, 2 GB of data and "X" amount of sms's. In January 2021 I had used 60 minutes and was then unable to make any further calls. Upon calling into cell c it was found that I was sold a contract that was limited which I was not made aware of and this is against the law and can be reported to the consumer protection act for further action. I decided to just cancel the contract instead as I did not have the time nor the energy to embark on this. To date I have not been able to successfully cancel my contract due to incompetencies from cell c. Please may I be assisted in this regard.

• Cell C's response · Jan 19, 2021

Good day Shaun

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint. Please send us your query to [email protected]
      Kindly include your Cell C/ID number + your contact number and we will be in touch to assist.

^PN

Cell CCell c opened an account in my name without my authorisation. Without any agreement. This is illegal.

Good day

I've send numerous emails to Cell C to (Attached proof)

An account ([protected]) for a fibre line was opened in my name and my address on 15 December 2020 without me signing any agreement. I am with another ISP (AXXESS). I don't want any services from Cell C.

I did not receive feedback from Cell C even though I have send numerous emails. I also called the service center and received two references ([protected] and CF177454) without any feedbback.

I don't want the amount of R1407.47 to be deducted from my bank account. (Cell C do have my details because I had an agreement with them prior. That contract was terminated on 25 October 2020. (proof attached)

Please assist I don't receive any feedback from Cell C to state that they have cancelled the fibre line. It is as if they don't give a damn.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated

ME Emmenis
    [protected]@saps.gov.za

• Cell C's response · Jan 17, 2021

Good evening Emmenism

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please send us your Cell C/ID and contact number to [email protected] We would like to assist.

^PN

Cell CLate husband cancelled Cell C contract is still being charged

Who else do I need to speak to please?
      I have sent numerous emails in this regards. (dated 03/09/2020, 12/11/2020, 10/12/2020 )

My husband is dead
      I cancelled the contract on the 3 Sept 2020.
      I have submitted the relevant documents (ID, Death Certificate ) time and time again.
      He had a policy to cover the contract.
      Monthly debit orders are still going off
      For which bank charges are due -

• Cell C's response · Jan 14, 2021

Good day Cindy

We are sorry for your loss.

Kindly, forward the documents to [email protected] We will assist you. Apologies for the unpleasant experience.

• Updated by CindyGrove · Jan 14, 2021

Sent. Thank You.

Cell CCancelation of Debit order

I've paid up my cell c account but my bank account is still being debited by cell c every single month. I've been struggling to get answers from cell c for over a year by emailing and phoning customer service. The only answer I get is that there's no active account for my identity number on the system so I wonder who and where's my money going to if CELL C is written so clearly on my bank statement. I need this matter resolved a.s.a.p.

Cell CContracts

Hi

Had six contracts with Cellc and got stuck in SA March 20 due to covert lockdown, asked Cellc for payment assistance and could not get a letter from my company due to I work overseas, all six lines got canceled. I were not contacted or Cellc trying to resolve the issue, still trying to solve this but no luck and got handed over. I am still trying by Cellc Twitter and Cellc accounts department to solve this without no luck, all I get is the runaround from agent and a lot of empty promises

Cell CGetting my name cleared

Hi. I have 5 contracts with cell c, 5 of them! We made a payment on the 7 th of November 2020. We received a paid up letter only on the 4th of January 2021, eventually.. and now we are STILL struggling to get the right department to correct our name and reinstate our credit status. After calls, and emails. Every hour of every day since payment was made. In the meantime we have to talk to your rude staff who don't even listen we get put through to the next person every few minutes while talking and explaining. We have spoken to your whole staffline at cellc. Please do your work!!! Wentzel [protected]

Please dont answer with we must email, we send emails every hour of every day!!!

Good day

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you perhaps have a reference number that we can use to follow up on? We sincerely apologies for any inconvenience.

Nelly

• Updated by WENTZEL De Smidt · Jan 11, 2021

Reference [protected].
                Your help would really be appreciated!

Wentzel
                [protected]

Please just update my name, thats all i want!!

Cell CData Card Cell C Coverage

[protected] Ref: SD945171 Tower was switched off, probably during Nov2020. I explained this is a Data Cobtract which I am cancelling. I can't see why I should pay R749, 25, but Cell C admit the tower is off. Then I am not even talking about the R600pm paying for a service we don't get.
              Then they sms me, ref [protected] using [protected], now it jumped to R5129, 25. No one seems to care. I battle to speak to Supervisor.

Good day Susara

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Cell CPaid Up latter and Reactivation of my line [protected]

Good day

I Have contacted cellc for the fifth time today and i have been sending emails to them its more than a month no response, their service is not acceptable it shows on their system that i have been logging a call and sending emails but no one cares, i am loosing on a lot of things because of the bad customer service

client account : [protected]
                ID Number : [protected]
                email: Nosipho.[protected]@westerncape.gov.za

my alternative number is [protected]

Good day Nosipho

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please send us your Cell C/ID and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

We will refer this matter to our Support Team for assistance.

• Updated by nosipho Hilani · Jan 13, 2021

Good day

my case has been resolved by Mr Mofokeng thank you for your quick response.

Regards,
                    Nosipho Hilani

• Cell C's response · Jan 13, 2021

Good day Nosipho

Thank you for the pleasant feedback, much appreciated.

Enjoy your day further and stay safe.

• Re
                    Reuben Tsie Jan 29, 2021

I have contacted Cell C from 20 June 2020 asking for a paidup letter up until now I have never had a respond from you guys. I don't know what kind of service provider you are. You don't care about your customers all you care about is money. My name is Tsie Reuben Mahlase my id number is [protected] I had a contract with cell c and dew to circumstances I did honour that contract . Cell c hand it to the lawyers and I paid it up and after that I asked for paidup letter up until now I didn't receive it can you please help me

Cell CCancelations that was confirmed and now I am in arrears and account never closed/cancelled

Good Morning,

It is now 3 e-mails later and still no reply. I was also assured that a supervisor will call me back before noon on Wednesday 6 January 2021 - still no phone call.

I have phoned in, in October to cancel my contract - I spoke to Saith and she gave me a settlement amount of R 846.17- I was told that this amount was payable in 13days, which I made in a day.

I paid the amount on 30/10/2020 = R 846.17 (See attached proof of payment)

Although this amount was supplied to me as settlement amount and the amount was paid on the 30th of October - I was AGAIN debited for November on 1 November 2020 (statement not received after October 2020). No statements were received and I was under the impression that as per my telephonic discussion my contract was paid up and cancelled.

Now on 6 January 2020 I receive a statement with an in arrears amount as well as an Active contract - as due to the fact that I went into arrears in November 2020 - the account must stay active.

Please can you send me the recordings of my call that I made to Saith in October 2020 where all of this was confirmed as well as my settlement amount?

I need you to action this as a matter of urgency and close this account.

Awaiting your feedback.

Good day CarinOelofse

We sincerely apologies for the unpleasant experience.

Kindly, send us the number in question and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Good day
                    I recently engaged with cell c through blake and associates where i paid all the money i owed.
                    Now this association says my account is sent paid to cell c. When I communicate with cellc they say my account is in arreas owing after black & associates said its fully paid up. I have sent cell c all my proof of payments several times but they cant update my account and issue me a paid up letter since last year 2021.
                    What am i suppose to do now if when i send my proof of payments still you cant update?
                    Please do a throughout check on my case,

• Cell C's response · Jan 08, 2021

Good day DesmondRivo

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

We have received your complaint. Please send us your query to [email protected]

^NZ

Cell CUpdate of my name

• Cell C's response · Jan 07, 2021

Dear Wentzel de Smidt

Thank you contacting Cell C.

Please email us the details of your query, and your ID number and contact number on the address [email protected]

Cell CPlease reactivate my account

Hi.my acc was in arrears and on the 31Des 2020 i payed it in full.they activate my line again.on the 1st Jan 2021 they cancelled my contract.sins then i struggeld foneing emailing still no line and no answers.my nr in dispute is [protected].please assit urgendly.contact me on my email or [protected].My id [protected] WJ Badenhorst

Cell CCellC Fibre

On 29 Dec2020 my home was struck by lightning. The fibre modem was dead and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately the only way to get Vumatel (the fibre company) to replace the modem is via the ISP CellC. Since this contract is owned by my son-in-law who is in the UK, CellC refused to assist without confirmation of the owner. This was duly done and problem ticket CF176431 was logged. By 5 Jan 2021 CellC had done nothing and refused to assist me when I called. Eventually, Vumatel replaced the modem, but it appears that CellC disabled the line in the meantime. Now they refuse to advise if this is the case even though I have been made co-owner of the account with limited ability. So my wife's company and mine have been down for 9 days. Simply the modem needed replacing. In the meantime CellC suspected fraud and froze the account which is why I believe the network connection is still down.

• Cell C's response · Jan 06, 2021

Dear Stuart Lane

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Our team will check and assist on the matter you have raised.

We'll be in touch.

Jan 05, 2021

Cell C — I need to be able to do my upgrade

Good day I am an existing customer with Cell C for many years now, I have 2 Contract lines with Cell C and C...

Cell CSecurity check questions

I'm Nondumiso Mdaka, I lost my phone with the cell c simcard last week and I requested assistance from cell c to do a sim swap, I was asked the security check questions which I failed. What I don't understand is their security check questions, how is one meant to remember the last three numbers you dialed or the last amount of airtime you recharged, the lost sim card is registered under me yet I couldn't receive assistance, I was advised to go the nearest cell c store with my ID and proof of residence and today I visited the cell c Empangeni store which was closed. I called cell c customer care again and they told me the same thing that I failed the mandatory questions. I am not happy with the service, this means if I can't remember the last three numbers I dialed or airtime I recharged with I'm stuck. I believe I wouldn't have handed out my personal information if the simcard is not registered under me.

• Cell C's response · Jan 04, 2021

Dear Nondumiso Mdaka

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

The security check is a mandatory part of doing the sim swap. Unfortunately, this is a part of the process that can't be voided.

You must pass the security check in order to be able to have the sim swap processed.

Cell CPaid up letters

We have been struggling quite a while to get paid up letters from you. We have driven to your branches almost every day, we have phoned every day for a month, we have emailed twice every 2 hours of every day for the past month, and STILL no paid up letter! We need this resolved ASAP!!! WE are done begging . If no response is received we are reporting u to the NCR.. Wentzel [protected]

• Cell C's response · Dec 31, 2020

Dear Wentzel De Smidt

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please email us the details of the query, ID number and contact number to [email protected]

Our team will receive and assist accordingly.

Cell CPaid up letter

I called cell c many times requesting for paid up letter and i also wrote to you about my problem. You said my problem will be resolved but till today i haven't received my paid up letter since i paid my account on August. I now dont know what to do whether i should just take the legal route or what. Please assist me as ive been begging to be assisted because even your consultants are useless. No one ever gave me a meaningful explanation of what needs to be done or when exactly il get my letter. Please help.

• Cell C's response · Dec 29, 2020

Good day Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please send an email with the details of your query and your contact details to [email protected]

Monwabisi Pambo

Hi
                                  My name is Ludwe Jekwa and I have been trying to get a Paid up Letter from Cell c for months to no avail.
                                  I have phoned their customer care lines and I get transferred from pillar to post and nobody seems to want to help me.
                                  I eventually went in store to try and get the matter resolved and I was told that the store does not have direct phone lines to their Legal Department so I must just see what to do with myself.
                                  Cell C has to be by far the worst company I have Ever dealt with, to top it off they still have an outstanding Credit that they have not even Paid back to me.
                                  My Credit Report shows I am in arrears with them, even though the account was paid up almost a year ago, and my account was never handed over so the sheer Arrogance is Appalling. I wouldn't wish the type of "Service" I have received from these people on anyone.

• Cell C's response · Dec 17, 2020

Hi Ludwe Jekwa

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please send an email to [email protected] with your query, ID number and contact details.

Our Team will expedite your request.

Mary

Concerned Nats Dec 22, 2020

I have been going through the exact same problem. I have sent over 50 emails cc every cell c email I have ever come across incl legal department and I get no response at all.

nosipho Hilani Jan 12, 2021

@Concerned Nats me too this in unacceptable the service is poor !!! for a month been begging them sending emails daily calling them weekly, i never knew that cellc 's service is like this

Concerned Nats Jan 12, 2021

@nosipho Hilani I still haven't had any response from cellc. They are absolutely pathetic. They do not care about the clients at all.

Concerned Nats Dec 22, 2020

Dec 14, 2020

Cell C — Bad service - no response from deceased department on request of transfer and cancellation of accounts

My husband has passed away in February, and since Feb I struggled with Cell C. I have sent the document...

Cell CI'm complaining about service

Im very feeling disappointing about cellc im a good client i've been using this number for more than 15 years I lost my phone when I got car accident it been 2 months now trying to do sim swop they refuse to help me one of white lady from cellc called me to but unrica cell c sim card I did that but still no help.. I think is 4 times now to do sim swop they helped me. But now no help from cellc.. I look like they refusing to help black people.. Why I'm saying that it's because I saw a complaint from white guy they helped him with sim swop. It been 2 months now trying to do sim swop

• Cell C's response · Dec 14, 2020

Hi Zuzu

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please email the Rica serial number of your new SIM card, your Cell C number as well as your contact number to [email protected] and we will assist you.

^MM