Menu
Cell C
reviews & complaints

Cell C
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1680 complaints
1146 resolved 534 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Cell C customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cell C. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Cell C - Porting department review

Good day

Today I come bearing a good review, id like to give credit to Monica Masia from the Cell C porting department she is the heart of that department

My number was ported in fraudulently and after speaking to 3 different agents who failed to assist I got to her and she escalated my case, she even did follow up on my case and assured me very well and I finally got my number back to my service provider.

She deserves to stay in that department and even deserves leadership position innthat department.

Thank you cell c because of her I an even considerig gettinh a cell c number she provides the best customer service.

Kind regards

Happy Customer

Desired outcome: I would like her to be recognized and kept in the department she is the best

5:18 am

Cell C - Poor network coverage

In Sep 2021 I logged a query due to poor signal. There was a lot of back and forth between me an "customer service" reps, some suggesting that my contract number be moved to roam on MTN, others suggesting that technicians come to my place of residence to test the signal, not of which ever happened, no matter how many times my case was "escalated". Eventually I just never heard back from anyone.

In the beginning of May 2022 I decided to again take up the issue with CellC. I logged a query, just like before, and was told that a case will be logged with technical dept, just like before. A couple of days later, I received a call from technical, asking whether my issue has been resolved and whether I can connect to the internet. I informed the person that I never said my issue was with internet connectivity but rather with the network itself as the main issue is calls. The person informed me that he does not specialize in calls, and that a new query needs to be logged with the calls dept. Two days ago, I was again phoned by a "technician" who asked whether I am now able to make and receive calls...again I had to explain that the issue is not whether it is working or not, but rather the quality of signal. The guy promised to phone me back in 5 min, but never did. Today, again, I received a call asking whether I am able to connect to the internet. While busy explaining that the issue is not internet itself but rather the network as a whole, the line got cut, as it usually does, and the person did not even bother to phone back.

This complaint is a last ditch effort to get CellC to provide the service I am paying for. The next logical step will be to take this case to the ombudsman.

Desired outcome: Technicians needs to come to my residence and test the network, then fix the issue. If this is not possible then I want my contract sim to be moved to roam on MTN, with which we have no issue at my residence.

2:56 am

Cell C - Account to be closed and want letter stating its closed and with itc

Hello

Miss Anthea Pringle Florence

Now you do not respond.

I sent you screenshots of the ITC saying that the Cellc account has not been paid at all. - see attachments..!

Please I want this to be sorted out as I cannot open any account due to that.

Please mail me a letter or an statement where it shows that the account is R0.00 or that the account is closed and settled.

If you cannot help please a a Name and email address!

Thanking You

Anthea

Desired outcome: WANT LETTER STATING IT IS CLOSED AND TO ITC

V
2:50 am

Cell C - Require a paid up letter

Good day,

I have requested a paid up letter in March 2022 already. No one seems interested to get back to me.

You call, get redirected to sending a mail but no joy.

I urgently need a paid up letter for my account, cell c is not getting back to me and this is really urgent.

Please can someone help

I require this document to sort out my life and its a big hold back at the moment.

Paid the full balance 25 March 2022, it's been allocated and the statement reflects no balance outstanding, but still cellc does not want to assist. See photo of statement attached in order to update my credit report

Please help

Desired outcome: Require a paid up letter for my account soonest

View 0 more photos

6:39 am

Cell C - Cancellation of Contract

I have requested a settlement amount to cancel my Cell C contract last year September, I received an invoice for this amount on the 1st September 2021, I paid the full amount on the 8th September 2021, I sent an email to customer services on the 9th of September 2021, requesting to cancel my contract as I have paid the contract in full, I received an email to confirm they have received my mail, I never heard from them again, I then realized they are still sending me statements, which I also questioned via email as I was under the impression that my contract was cancelled ! after numerous calls and emails, it still wasnt resolved! they now handed me over to Shapiro lawyers and added me to ITC that i did not pay my account! I have now again sent all documentation and proof of payment to their customer services again, i still had no feedback or even a call from Cell C to resolve this matter. The lawyers confirm that they will send all correspondence to Cell C legal department to resolve ! 24hours no response from Cell C ! I have also lodged a complaint with Consumer Commission as I am getting no joy out of Cell C

Desired outcome: To clear my name on ITC and to confirm that my contract was cancelled and that I do not owe them any more money !!

6:51 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cell C - Been chraged for unopened sim card contract which i did not apply for

In December 2021 i applied for a contract which i later cancelled. In the new year 2022 i was sent a statement of R219 owing which i called the contracts department to find out what am i been charged for since i had cancelled my contract that i agreed to. The agent told me that i have another contract which which i was not aware of.

This contract in question, the sim card has not been opened nor used yet i am been told i am obligated to pay. How can i pay for something i have never used. This issue has been going on from last month April 2022 and has now affected my credit score. My agent has found a house for me but cannot proceed because this matter.

Can this be sorted as a matter of urgency because I'm getting sent statements for what? I don't know. Ref number is 2042101280

I have spoken to so many agents in the contracts department and all say the same thing. They will get back to me. To date 20220511 no-one has gotten back to me regarding this issue.

Desired outcome: Please i would appreciate a response, a refund on money taken, clear my credit score as a matter of urgency and an apology.

7:46 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 05/05/2022 I applied for my upgrade, received my sms that upgrade was successful, also received my new agreement via email. A week later, I have not received my new phone, tried phoning cell c, but same answer over and over again, "sorry I cant assist you, I will transfer you"... same story again, over and over until call gets dropped. No answers. Wrote...

6:14 am

Cell C - Cell C data deal

Hi I took a Cell C month to month data deal for R249 30GB day, 20GB night. in October 2020. When I called them to cancel last month. I was told that the month to month deal was changed to a contract without my knowledge or approval. They said they sent out sms's to customers about these changes. Which I never received. I was told to pay a cancelation fee for a contract I did not sign up for. So basically I'm now in a marriage with Cell C that I did not know about.

Desired outcome: For the Cell C data deal to be canceled

Update by Mbalenhlair
May 10, 2022 6:16 am

The cell number for the sim data deal is [protected]

Cell C - Cell C Cfibre

Dear CellC,

It is with great dissatisfaction that I send this email. Cfibre is by far the worst company to deal with on any customer issues, so much so that I truly believe you are taking people for a ride.

I’m honestly glad that I managed to move my fibre supplier to another provider, I’d rather spend my R10 788 a year to customer focused provider who is able to resolve customer related issues but honest worst company I’ve ever dealt with but I’m sure you don’t care regardless

I’ve been trying to get a refund for months and I’m still not assisted. I’ve spoken to consultants, supervisors, line managers you name it. I have a list of names of people I’ve spoken to who all promised to follow up on my issues and get it resolved and yet I still had to call in myself today and speak to yet another consultant.

I don’t know what else to do. Either your staff need training or your business processes needs to change, but honestly I have nothing good to say about my experience being a client.

Just do better!

Regards

Kagiso J Msimango

Desired outcome: I’ve already moved to another service provider, just want my refund so I don’t ever have to engage Cell C

8:35 am

Cell C - Service complaint

Good day

I have made payment via easy pay 29th April 2022. Up untill today your customer service department is of no help to me with the pathetic service i received. I have very frustrated as a client of cell c for many years now.

I have made a payment of R4600 to bring the account up to date after being in arrears for 4 months. I have been notified my number has been deactivated permanently how is that even possible with the account being soft?

I want to what happened to my payment as it can not be detected

Then I received an email on 6th May confirming payment was received and will be allocated. Today I call to find out no payment update. Was referred to collections department then to legal but just ringing. Why is this process so frustrating and delayed. No professionalism and poor customer service. This is pathetical.

My id no.8307230119084

Desired outcome: I want a speedy responseI want my payment to be update and correct my accountI WANT MY NUMBER TO BE ACTIVATED ASAPI Want a formal apologyI want to be refunded for cost on numerous phone calls and data being used on emails being sent

View 0 more photos

3:45 am

Cell C - cell C

I have made a a call to request for an ITC number for a stolen phone, I need this number urgently as I rented the phone and there is a insurance claim that needs to be finalized with the ITC number, however I have now called Cell C 4 times to follow up as it has been a week after my first call and I was advised that I will be contacted with the needed ITC number, I am being charged on a daily basis as this phone was a rental and every day I wait for Cell C I pay for a phone that I do not have.

First Call Reference given by agent 2205030000108942

SMS Reference 2050301921

Desired outcome: I need a ITC number

J
3:08 am

Cell C - Incorrect billing due to cancellation of upgrade

I have been unfairly billed and listed due to the incompetance of Cell C when i was informed of a cancellation window of my contract upgrade and which i did cancel with the specified period.I have made numerous attempts to Cell C to resolve the matter but was not satified at all.

Name; Justin Pillay

ID no: 8806175113085

Email: [email protected]

Contract no:0781703914

Agreement number:10310191105296530359

Contact no:0611835186

Desired outcome: I want this billing against my name to be removed and the listing on the bureau.Cell C consultants always say I willed be callled back but absolutely no follow up whats so ever.Its totally disgusting.

8:25 am

Cell C - Paid up letter

Hi i have been requesting a paid up letter for the last month and a half now in what should've taken 48 hours as stated in their emails but haven't recieved anything regarding a paid up letter despite calling in countless times about the issue

This has been affecting my credit record because there is an account on their (Cell c) that should be there anymore because I've settled that account last year already

Desired outcome: All i want is my paid up letter and for this account to be off my credit record

6:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Phone given in to pavilion store for repairs - software issue. Quote for 8000 to fix which j declined 6 weeks ago and my request was to send the phone back to store so I can collect. After numerous calls to repairs, and supervisor khosikona phone has still not been returned and received. I've reversed my debit order and will not pay until I receive my...

K
5:36 am

Cell C - Unlawful black listing of cell phone

Hoping that you can please assist us with this problem that we are struggling to get a solution from you. My contract with Cell C ended and when I tried to trade my iPhone in at the Apple store, they informed me that it is black listed. At no point did I ask for this phone to be blacklisted. Why was it blacklisted given that I own the phone as it is fully paid for?

Several unsuccessful calls to Cell C, calls being dropped and generally unhelpful service. Finally today they tell me that they cannot find my phone number or the IMEI of the iPhone. This is impossible. Surely records are kept. I still have 2 phone numbers on the same account with Cell C.

I need this phone to be removed from your black list by the end of this weekend.

Desired outcome: Remove my phone from your black

4:07 am
Cell C has left an official reply on this complaint.

Cell C - Delivery of the my device.

I have sent my claims on the 13th of April 2022, where i have sent my 2 claims for my Huawei P40 Lite & Huawei Madpad tablet.

I have discovered that Cell C agent didn't broke my Huawei P 40 Lite, i had to call again cell c to let them broke my lost device. My challenge come when insurance told me that I have broke my Huawei P40 LITE after 24 hrs of which it was not my fault. I have sent them my correct documents on the 18 April 2022, where I was told that my claim had been sent to review department up to now there's no feedback.

2nd issue is on my Huawei Madpad which was approved on the 20 April 2022 and I have paid my excess amount on the 22 April 2022, up to now I haven't received my device.

i am someone who does business using my devices, so if Cell c treat me like this it's a challenge!

My email address: [email protected]

Desired outcome: I am in need of my device and Cell C must apologies for they poor service.

J
6:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 03.04.2022 we went to Cape Gate Cell C for application of my upgrade - we chose a phone - Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. The consultant was very helpful and advised that should I do my upgrade on that day my pro-rata amount would be very high and advised that I should come back on 14.04.2022 to check. The consultant subsequently took the required instrument...

5:17 am

Cell C - Paid up letter

I been calling cell c with no help and requesting for paid up letter since early this year I paid my account via their lawyers and when I asked for the paid up letter they say said it will take em 30 days to give me after that 30 days they told me all the money was paid to cellc n i should request it from them they can't help me because cellc took the account till today I today I sent an email as well.

6:25 am

Cell C - Fraudently taking money from my account every month

Dear Team,

I was last a Cell-C customer over 7 years ago. I have found that every month, Cell-C removes R65.00 from my account. I have tried to raise this directly with Cell-C but have not received any response. I am not able to get through to Cell-C telephonically as I have to use my "customer number" which of course I don't have.

This is the last one from my bank statement:

2022-04-30 DIRECT DEBIT CELL C 0007621976 I0343931

-65.00

I need help urgently as I have been retrenched and cannot allow for this money to go off any more. (that and it is pure theft from Cell-C)

My name is Lindsay and can be reached on 0823732821. [email protected]

Desired outcome: I require Cell-C to go into their records and remove this monthly debit from their side. I also need assistance in receiving a full refund for all of the money taken off illegally.

9:34 am

Cell C - A325g

Good afternoon

Please note that on tuesday the 19th of april 2022 i applyed for a new line with cell c they approved it they said they will deliver on friday...friday i called they said monday...today is monday i called only to find out the courier went to deliver my phone at rustenburg whrelse i asked the agent who was heping me to deliver at my workplace at sandton.now i have to wait again for more days wen i call cell c they put me on hold they drop the call...i called again they dd the same thing put me on hold and drop my call...they said they will call me back within 10 minutes now its been 2hours no call nothing

Cell C contacts