Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

L
Aug 18, 2020

Cell C — Added contract I did not agree on

I'm very much disappointed with the customer service provided by Cellc I have been sent from pillar to post...

Cell CCellphone contract

To whom it my concern
Good day my name is zainodien Damon I'd number [protected] I've opened cell phone contract with cell c August 2017 paid my account every month for 6 months then my account went into arrears in 2018 but then by 30th October 2019 I settled my account in full and closed it and was told by one of cell c agents that my information will be sent to the ITC and my profile will be updated which never happend I've checked my credit report recently and cell account is stil active and reflecting badly on my credit report please help me as I've been struggling with this issue for all over m almost a full year please advice and revert back to me thank you please check attachments for documents related to this issue.
Regards
Zainodien Damon
Contact no [protected] [protected]

• Cell C's response · Aug 17, 2020

Good day Zainodien

Thank you for reaching out to us.

One of our Social Media Consultants will contact you and assist with your query.

T
    Aug 05, 2020

Cell C — Contract account huawei p30 lite black 128gb on pinnacle 2gb topup at r339 pm x 24

Good day This email serves as a complaint to Cell C collection/billing department, I have an account that I...

Cell CServices at cell c zevenwacht mall

Good day I was very insulted by a staff member at zevenwacht mall cell c shop. Myself and my husband needed new phones so we went to that shop. Before we even entered we were stopped at door then the guy asked me what we wanted to do at store. I informed him that we wanted to look at the phones. He told me that their phones are in locked up and that all their phones starts from R5000 and up. He also told me that's its unnecessary cost to buy a phone during this time. I looked at him and asked him does he think I can't afford to buy a phone their. I felt insulted and very angry and decided to go to another store. I then went to mtn in same mall got good assistance and bought 2 Huawei Y9 cash and spent over 7000 in that store. It's so sad that I didn't look like someone tht can afford to buy a phone although I'm a registered nurse and my husband engineer. So stop judging ppl on their looks and I will never go to a cell c shop again as well as my family members

• Cell C's response · Aug 04, 2020

Hi Chantal Piedt

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had. Certainly not what we aspire to.

We do hope that you will consider us in the near future.

^MP

Cell CAccount put crb for no reason

Please I need this sorted out I do have this code on my beneficiary for Cell C I cannot load any airtime on my phone. 1st they cancelled my contract which they said they will not. Was fully paid. I did buy airtime last month no problem. I phone them to ask why Cannot tell me and put the phone down in my ear. I do need better service to get to the point of it. All my other beneficiaries work perfect. I bank at Capitec Bank cannot be them.

• Cell C's response · Aug 02, 2020

Good day Mr/Ms Swanepoel

Thank you for writing to us.

We have received your review regarding your Cell C contract line.

Please send us your query to [email protected] and include the Cell C number in question + your contact number and we will assist.

^NZ

J
        Jul 30, 2020

Cell C — Upgrade dept - terrible service and abuse of my cp rights

Monday, 27 July 2020 I requested a fall back from cell c with regards to upgrading my contract. Tebogo called...

T
        Jul 26, 2020

Cell C — [protected] contract

Good evening I'm so angry I hope and pray I don't swear. I've had a contract with you since...

Cell CSim swap horror

Please assist

I have been trying to do a Sim swap via the call centre, the option has been blocked as i failed 4 times. I did not take the emergency recharge as an option as it's not me going it to buy airtime and loading

Nevertheless, I tested positive for corona and I cannot go into the store to process a SIm swap, nor can I wait 30 Days, I live alone, there nobody I can send out to do the Sim swap nor can I go out . In the condition I am in, i need to be able to make contact with family, my doc ect

I need assistance with this, and honestly 30 days, i cant wait so long, what if i die here or i need assistance. how do i connect with family. i need supplies to be dropped off at my door as i stay alone.

please assist and yes i understand they following procedures but they need to chang especially in this pandemic

Please contact me on : leslya.[protected]@gmail.com

Regards

• Cell C's response · Jul 27, 2020

Good day Ms. Leeuw

Thank you for writing to us regarding the SIM swap.

Kindly purchase a new Cell C SIM card that is not RICA registered and send us the below details to [email protected] so we can assist with a SIM swap:

- RICA serial number (found at the back of the new SIM card)
            - Cell C number you need assistance with swapping
            - Alternative contact number

You will be required to pass the Security check in order to have the SIM swap processed.

Speedy recovery.

^NZ

Cell CKeep on debiting after contract has expired months ago

My Cell C contract expired in October 2019 after the 2 year period has ended. I didn't want to renew the contract as I took it out for my son, but in the meantime he has found work and could take out his own contract. My account number is [protected]. My son phoned them asked to cancel the debit order, however Cell C simply keeps on debiting my account fraudulently, with different amounts. The last time they debited it was 22 July when the amount was debited twice! Cancel this debit order now!

• Cell C's response · Jul 26, 2020

Good day Adie van Rensburg

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please forward us the query, as well as your Cell C number and contact information to [email protected]

Cell CLegal department

I have tried to get hold of the legal department for a week now to get my paid up letter that i settled a year ago. All they give me is reference numbers and telephone numbers that does not work. I am tired of this ridiculous service from cell c. Remove my name from itc immediately. Also send my paid up letter to [protected]@gmail.Com. I need this done as a matter of urgency, i have 2 reference numbers that i can find [protected] and [protected].

Hi Rylandb

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We regret to hear about your dissatisfaction in our service.

We kindly request that you email us your reference numbers and contact information to [email protected]

Once you've done so, our team will contact you to provide assistance.

Cell C2 active contracts

Hi, my name Phathu, i had 3 contracts with Cellc, 1 is full paid on the 1st of this month, now im remaining with 2 Active Contracts, I've been a good customer, never missed a debit order, payments always on time. I'm in the process of deciding which other device to take now that my other contract is ready for upgrade,

Here's my disappointment, I'm on suspension at work for 7 days and I'll be having troubles paying my bills this month end, called Cellc to at least help out and not debit me this month, whatever charge they can start again the next month billing me, but they refuse and told me its too late, i should've told them last month.
              Its really disappointing that they'd rather see their customers credit score suffers than working together and keep both of us happy.

Cell CCall center agents taking money twice

I called the call center about 3 times in the past 3 months, looking for a detail statement, they say they mail it to me, but nothing.
                Normally data is enough for 1 month, now 10 gig is not, and i want to see what the usage is.

ALSO, double debit order with the same amount.

Call center agent is useless. still dont know why i was debited twice, and no statement.
                Also asked for Afrikaans, and still put through to the English one

NOT ON

Cell CFinance and credit management

I've been calling for 3 weeks to get my account updated and my credit report updated and no one has helped. I've been trying io get a loan and the need my credit report updated and they refuse to help me. They did not allocate my payment to my contract and my credit status on experian shows up in arrears. I have been trying to call customer service and I don't get through and when I did get through they just gave me a reference number and did not get back to me. I need a paid up letter allocating my amount so I can finally get that loan I so urgently need. 3 weeks is too long!!!

Hi Chadel Naidoo

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience that you have had.

We kindly ask that you email us your information and contact details to [email protected]

Hi Chadel Naidoo

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience that you have had.

^MP

Cell CNon delivery of an upgraded devices

[protected] tumelo
                    Upgraded my device on the 20 may and was told that it will be delivered within 7 days. Up to today I have not received anything. When I first inquired I was told that the was no stock. The agent who assisted me with the upgrade was not honest. She told me that it will be delivered within 7 days. Why did she not say that there was no stock? I waited until I inquired again last week when I was told that they have started with the deliveries and I will receive a call. Up to today I have not received anything. What pisses me off is that they don't give us an update. It is us client who have to call and inquire. I have since requested that the the upgrade be cancelled because it is clear that they are not willing to assist me. All they care about is making sales. Today marks full 47 days and I have not received the device. I will also be cancelling all my contract with cellc.

• Cell C's response · Jul 08, 2020

Good day TumeloOre

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant service experienced.

We understand your frustrations and we will look into the matter. Kindly send us your contact details via email at [email protected]

• Tu
                        tumeloramathoka Jul 09, 2020

You dont have to look in to my matter. Its either you cancel my contracts and give me settlement value that i have to pay or deliver my device e within 2 days. I have waited for 48 days and you still tell me about looking in to my matter. Your customer services also failed to assist me. Instead they sent me from pillar to post and fed me lies.

• Tu
                        tumeloramathoka Jul 09, 2020

@@cellc_support Thanks.
                        I recieved it today but there was no powerbank. When the upgrade was s made on the 20th of May, the deal included free powerbank. I am disappointed.

• @cellc_support Jul 09, 2020

@@cellc_support Hi Tumelo

Kindly note that your device is out for delivery with RAM. Here is you Waybill number: CELLC12441022.

• @cellc_support Jul 09, 2020

@tumeloramathoka Hi Tumelo

Our team tried to contact you these numbers [protected], to no avail. Please provide us with an alternative contact number.

E
                      Jul 06, 2020

Cell C — Customer service / cancellation not carried out

My contract is on my husband's name. We decided not to upgrade as there were no upgrade options that were to...

K
                      Jul 03, 2020

Cell C — Unauthorized debits

I cancelled my contract which was coming to an end on 30 April 2020 with cell c. It was a lot of struggle to...

V
                      Jun 18, 2020

Cell C — Contract with account number: [protected]

Date Of Incident : Aug 2019 Client Name : Ms Lungile Mnyandu In July 2019 I took out a contract with Cell C...

S
                      Jun 15, 2020

Glocell — Contract

There has been a fraudulent account opened on my name with glocell for a long time now. This company does not...

Cell CUpgrades not received

Good day, I upgraded 2 of contracts with you on the 19th of may 2020, today is the 11th june 2020 and still not recieved my new phones. I have been calling cell c about them with no success and on the 7th call I was told that my info has been sent through to management and they would call me back... Today was my tenth call and was again transferred to another department where my call gets cut off...

• Cell C's response · Jun 11, 2020

Hi Lyndal

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Kindly email [email protected] this complaint including your ID number and contact, we'll follow up on this and assist.

^PN

Cell CContract

Good afternoon,

I trust this email finds you well,

I claimed for a new device in early February and the payment was made the end of February, uptil now I still never received my device I've been told in March that the device would be delivered in 7-14 business days after calling almost everyday into the Head office I've been placed on hold everytime I called in there was also a few consultants that put me on hold and then they put the phone down in my face I am truly and utterly upset and discussted in the service I have received I mean I paid the access fee months ago but still no feedback.

• Cell C's response · Jun 04, 2020

Good Day Anastacia

Thank you for making contact with Cell C regarding your insurance claim.

Please send an email with your Cell C + contact number and the above query. Our email address is [email protected]

We will be able to assist once we receive your email.

^NS