Having problems with Cell C?

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved cell c fibre

Since having Cell C fibre I have had endless issues with the connection. I am paying over R1000 every month for a service that has never worked properly. I have asked to cancel my contract to which I was told I could not even though Cell C is in breach of the contract by not providing a 24 hour internet service. I have asked for a technician to come to my house to which I was also told that all problems are to be resolved over the phone yet it is on my account to my cell phone to phone cell c technical support. Cell C is fraudelent and do not keep to their promises.

• Cell C's response · Sep 27, 2018

Dear Tersiavv1

Thank you for making contact with us regarding your fibre complaint.

Please email this query to [email protected] + your ID and contact number.

The matter will be escalated to the relevant team for assistance.

Resolved repairs department

I called in to ask them to check out my nokia 3. It was taking long to switch on after it charged. Ram picked...

Johannesburg Mobile & Cell Phones

Resolved c-fibre

In September I signed up for the free installation and 3 month free subscription wifi offer with Cell C. A little over a week ago the router from Cell C flashed red and stopped working. I called Cell C technicians who could not help me and rather advised that I should take the router back to the store for repairs.

I then spoke to their agent who signed me up but she keeps promising to help me but never does, I called SA Digital who provided the modem and they were very helpful and said that everything is working fine on their side.

I haven't started paying for this subscription and if this is the shoddy service I am receiveing I am seriously considering cancelling it and opting out altogether.

Very Frustrated!!!

Dear Langelihle

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Do you perhaps, have a reference number we can use to follow up on? If no, please send your account number and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Our team will assist.

^NT

Resolved cell c legal department

Ive been trying to call for days and im placed on hold till the call ceases. Please assist all i want to do is pay my damn accout!!! i will never use cell c again.

I just checked their reviews and apparently they do this all the time so im completely baffeled as to how they have'nt resolved this issue yet.

Cell c how do you expect us to pay out accounts if you wont even answer our calls each day that goes by is money added to my accout and who on earth do you expect to pay that.

Stop rippig us off and come up with alternative methods if your old way of doint things is clearly!!! failing.

I just want to pay my account

Dear Simbongile Mvelase

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologise for the unpleasant experience.

Please send your ID number, the number in question and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

We would appreciate an opportunity to assist you.

^NT

Resolved cell c summit prepaid handset

On the 14th of September 2018, I purchased a Cell C Summit prepaid phone from Cell C Norwood mall. Soon after...

Resolved service

I, Pieter Johannes Bruwer, have 3 contracts at Cell C.
I upgraded 2 of my contracts recently with 2 conditions:
1. The Cellphone has to have a radio
2. And dual sim
Thereafter we were recommended to consider Samsung A6+ and/or Hauwai. I chose 1 of each. The phones were in my cupboard for the past month as I first wanted to buy the accessories, screen protector, screen cover. I recently purchased it. On Monday night, i did the simcard swops and when I wanted to move from the old phone to the upgraded phone i discovered that the A6+ ([protected])do not have dual sim. No need to explain my unhappiness. I was advised by the Soneike branch that i need to discuss this with the manager at the branch i did the transaction. My wife phoned the Tygervalley branch before hand. We struggled to get through. We phoned the 2 numbers on numerous occasions. Eventually when we got through, we requested to speak to the manager, they informed us that he has just stepped out and we had to phone back in 5 minutes. When we got to the store we requested to speak to the manager, they called him from a room behind the service desk. He came out of the room. He looked as if he was sleeping. He looked in an extremely bad mood. He was standing with his hands in his pockets. We explained our story and i must say his response was extremely disgusting. He explained the process and then he left for the room again. When i asked another question, the consultant had to go back again. The manager did not even come back and explained. He sent the consultant to reply. We were extremely disgusted in his behaviour. The other problem we have is because of their incorrect information, we had expenses for the screen protector and screen cover that will be wasted.
I have sent this mail without feedback
I have not received any feedback wrt the progress of my phone.
When i phoned today i was informed that the phone has not left Tygevalley store since 18/9/2018
It is very poor service and i am disgusted in the service received
Please we hereby request your assistance in this regard.
Kind Regards
Pieter Bruwer

Dear Mr Bruwer

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience.

Please provide us with the number in question and an alternative contact number, email to [email protected]

Our team will look into it and revert back.

Resolved cellc

i had been retrenched from work and cellc had called me to inform me about my arrears and i had explained to them that i will be getting paid out in July or august and i will be pay for all backed up debit orders, however my sim card was DE-activated with out my knowledge i had only found about this when i had contacted them to make payment for my contract, since then i have tried to sort out but i haven't been getting any where, i had been with cellc for the last 5 years and this kind of service is not acceptable

Thank you for contacting us.

Kindly send us your ID number and a contact number to [email protected]

Our friendly senior consultant will contact you to assist with the matter.

Resolved cancel my contract

I have been trying to cancel my contract and I am not receiving any help. I went to cell c store in Mpumalanga Ilanga mall to cancel my contract, I spoke to one of your agents named Shekiena on the phone and promised to cancel it and offered me a R29 monthly package. To my surprise on the 1st of September I received airtime. I called the cancelation department on the 3rd and queried the airtime and they transferred me Shekiena again who apologized for not canceling it and clearly stated that it was her fault and promised to do an immediate cancelation. She then told me that the last debit will be around R162 this month and on the 18th she will send the 29 package in my phone. I then received a statement stating a debit amount of R405. I called Yesterday at around 9 am, I spoke to one of your agent and promised to do an immediate transfer and will call me back but he never did. I then called again around 3pm spoke to someone else who promised to listen to the recordings and then call me but she never did. Today I called again and I was transferred to Busi a team leader or Manager from KZN so I was told, who promised to fix it and call me before the end of the day but she never did. I then called again spoke to a guy called Jabu and said he will send an email to Busi then she will call me before she knocks of but she dint. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS CONTRACT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD... AND I DON'T WANT YOUR R29 PACKAGE ANYMORE...

• Cell C's response · Sep 22, 2018

Dear TshepiAnathi

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding a cancellation request.
    Please email us the Cell C + alternative number we can reach you on to [email protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 01, 2018

Dear Thabo

Thank you for getting in touch.

Kindly, forward the proof of payment, Cell C number + an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Our team will assist.

• Th
    thabo123 Oct 01, 2018

Guys i called in for a cancellation fee on last week which i paid on the 28/09/2018, i called in to check if the payment is reflecting, which it was confirmed but now i was told the contract is still active...i have been transferred to the contract department but i cant go through ever since morning. Please help because i dont want any debit order going off my account month end since i paid this in full

Resolved trying to cancel my contract

I have been trying to cancel my contract, and no one has been helpful at all.
I paid the settlement amount of R1509.42. I was told to make that payment and call after 2 days, of which I did so that my cancellation can be processed. I am so annoyed with cellc and honestly wish that I could have take my current contract elsewhere. Your service is pathetic.

I am getting tired of calling and requesting the same thing with no assistance!!
I would not recommend anyone to cellc based on the experience I got from you.

• Cell C's response · Sep 21, 2018

Dear Ms. Nhlapho

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding your cancellation request. Please email us the proof of payment, the cancellation request and kindly include the Cell C + alternative contact number to [email protected] and we will assist.

^NZ

Resolved worst provider and customer services

We were hijacked, its been a mission to have a sim swap done, seems all the agents working there has some kind packed. If you keep on calling they transfer you from pillar to post, 4 days later you still in the same position.

The agents are very ill mannered, and has no customer relationship skills. Mark the CEO should invest in having all of them trained.
The network is the worst, the service is even more bad.

i know the data is cheaper, but to be treated like this is [censored]...

• Updated by Caramel07 · Sep 20, 2018

CEO Jose Dos Santos AND Lehlohonolo Moloi, need to get your staff and you house in order. Consultants i spoke to Susan, Khanye (the worst of them all), Bongani, Tato, Chune and Levine.
    The service is the worst, and as consumers we should not be subjected to this types of mistreatment. We pay for the services, every cent we spent on your network, is monies in your pockets.

CLEAN UP YOUR HOUSE

Dear Caramel07

Thank you for contacting Cell C regarding the service you have received.

We would like to apologize for the service you have received thus far and we would like an opportunity to assist with your query.

Please email us a brief explanation of your query, the Cell C number in question and your current contact number so we can assist you to [email protected]

Resolved sim swap

I am currently in Mozambique. I have been a loyal client of cell c for many many year with sometimes up to 4 contracts. Due to the fact that I am working out of the country, I only have 2 contracts now, which is used by my parent.
One sim card got lots and they bought a new one which I need to do a sim swop on. Since I cannot get through to Cell C from Mozambique, I send an email requesting a sim swop, with the number that needed to be swopped as well as the new rica serial no of the new card.
I was then informed that the number does not have roaming on it and that I needed to complete a form - this is not what I have asked for.
Then I was informed that I needed to contact Cell C (with the number), which I am unable to do. I was also informed that they can not call me, because they can not make international calls. I need this sim swop done. If it is not done by Friday end of business, I am taking my business to Vodacom.

I must say, I have NEVER been so disappointed in the service of Cell C and now that I really need assistance, no one is able (of willing ) to assist me.

My tel no in Mozambique +258 [protected] if someone in Cell C is able to call me for confirmation.

I think that as a valued client I can expect a beter level of services.

Awaiting your urgent reply.
Adele Kriek
ID [protected]

Please see attached mails

Hi Ruth
I am at the point where I am going to cancel all my contracts with Cell C. As explained in my previous mail, I am in Mozambique and are unable to get through to your support desk, that is why I am emailing.

Is it so difficult to do a sim swop? Maybe Vodacom will be a better option?

Please note:
1. I do not want roaming on the card - the card is used in SA
2. Your number does not allow me to contact you from Mozambique
3. I need a sim swop on cell c number [protected]. The new sim cards' Rica serial no is [protected]
4. My ID number is [protected]
I have been a loyal client of Cell C for many, many years, but if you are unable to perform this request, please let me know and I will change my service provider to someone who can actually assist me without an e-mail war.

Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:21 PM
Subject: FW: Sim swap:[protected]

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the business support desk

Please contact our customer service for further assistance 084140

Regards,
Ruth

.[protected]@cmcra.com]
Sent: 18 September 2018 01:26 PM
To: Cell C Business Exclusive
Subject: RE: Sim swap:[protected]

Hi Doreen,

I did not ask for international roaming, I asked for a sim swop. This number is being used in SA and the card is lost. Please do the sim swap on the number on my previous mail with the new rica number in my previous mail and let me know when it is done, please?

www.cellc.co.za

This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice which can be viewed at https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/static-content/PDF/Acceptable_Use_Policy.pdf;jsessionid=YGp7hq1XLh1hT0hv8QknT1zM4YWM0FJ5PSddYpJ6t4nWg1yGdFTQ!-[protected]!NONE
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:37 PM
Subject: RE: Sim swap:[protected]

Dear Adele

Thank you for contacting the Business Exclusive Desk.

Kindly be advised that the below number doesn't have international roaming activated on it and it won't work abroad if its not active.

Please see attached international roaming terms and condition, please sign and revert back to us.

Doreen

From: Adele Kriek [mailto:Adele.[protected]@cmcra.com]
Sent: 18 September 2018 06:48 AM
To: Cell C Business Exclusive
Subject: RE: Sim swap

Hi Daduwele,

Thank you very much for your help.

The number is [protected]. I have already a sim without rica. Rica serial no [protected]

Please let me know as soon as possible how you can assist me.

Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 10:07 PM
Subject: RE: Sim swap

Dear Adele

Thank you for contacting Business Support Desk

Kindly provide us with a cell phone number that you need to do a sim swap for?

SN:[protected]

Daduwele

From: Adele Kriek [mailto:Adele.[protected]@cmcra.com]
Sent: 17 September 2018 02:43 PM
To: [protected]@CELLC.CO.ZA
Subject: Sim swap
Importance: High

Good day,

I am currently in Mozambique and would like to do a sim swop. Unfortunately, none of your numbers are available.

Please assist
Kind Regards
Adele Kriek
ID [protected]

Dear Ms. Kriek

Thank you for contacting Cell C regarding your SIM swap query.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay and we would really appreciate an opportunity to assist with the SIM swap.

Please note that the SIM card number 991441250820 is registered. Kindly purchase a new Cell C SIM card that is not RICA registered and let us know once you have it and we will contact you to assist with the SIM swap.

^NZ

Resolved no feedback on status of account

I have been trying to contact a Mrs Ramsamy at MMM Capital in vain to find out the status of my account that has been handed over to them for collection. I have been paying the account regularly and according to my own calculations it should be paid off by now, yet I have had no confirmation or any other correspondence. Where can I get a statement to see what I still owe on the account? Thank you.

Dear Marika Truter

Thank you for contacting Cell C regarding your account.

Please contact M M M Capital on number 031 304 4016 to check if your account is paid off. Kindly note that in order for us to attempt to assist you, we will need your Cell C account details or ID number and your alternative contact number.

^NZ

Trying to make payment / get some response from glocell

I have been trying to contact Glocell via email for months now. The company has not allocated payments to my account and i want to cancel the contract but cannot get through on the phone and no replies to emails.

I need a recon of the account so that i can see payments made are allocated to the account. I would like to see invoices which i have not been receiving so that i can see what i am paying for.

In addition to this i would like to cancel the contract due to the fact that since the account has been handed from Autopage to Glocell the service is shockingly bad.

The line is disconnected / suspended and i am not prepared to pay for a service which i am not receiving

Terrible service

Resolved unethical behaviour-charging more than monthly contract fee signed for

I was in the Cell C Shop in Hout Bay at the end of May 2018. The consultant Luke Nicolas told me about a...

Resolved porting my number without my consent.

Cell C agents came to my house this morning.They were promotion Cell C.They offered a free sim card and requesting for my current phone with MTN number.I gave them my phone because they said they are registering the Cell C sim card because of Rica purpose. I asked them why they are using my phone, and if they weren't porting me cause I dont want Cell C.They said no.
Few hours later I received multiple sms notifying me of the request for porting and to call the number if fraud suspected. I immediately call that number to alert them of the situation.However I was told to call the porting department the next day and call agent told me that she'll update on the system. I also called MTN customer care they couldnt help me and said no request was made as yet to port so it should be fine.Also I replied to the SMS in accordance to dispute what was happening.Still Cell C sends notification to welcome me.Now my number is aborted.I lost all my data and airtime.I dont understand why they couldnt stop it earlier cause I well notified them before hand.I DONT WANT Cell C infact I hate that network now.

• Cell C's response · Sep 16, 2018

Dear Ms. Hadebe

Thank you for making contact with Cell C regarding your porting query.

Where and when did this take place?

Please email us your query including the number in question and your contact details.

Our email address is [email protected]

One of our consultants will look into this matter and provide a way forward.

^NS

Resolved someone has opened an account using my name at cell c and now an account has been handed over

An account has been using my details/ identity of which i know nothing about and that account has been handed over to NDDCS. i have been trying to get Cell C to sort out this issue but haven't received any assistance. i would really appreciate it if i can be assisted as i dont know which device was taken, from which branch and what am i suppose to do in order to clear my name.

• Cell C's response · Sep 14, 2018

Thank you for contacting us.

We would appreciate an opportunity to assist you. Please send us a reference number, email address address, ID number as well as an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Resolved rica agents

hi cell c
i have a problem with rica traders, they are porting consumers without their permission and each and now as am rica master dealer am facing all this duties of which they are not mine can you guys please do something with your agents.what they do is fraud cause they dont even ask a customer its details they use fake passports to perform the rica registration.do something please before we take any further steps.i dont blame the company but your distributors and dealers are the ones they teach the agents to commit such crime

thanks i hope this will be resolve soon before our our business dies.

• Cell C's response · Sep 13, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We will refer this to the relevant team.

Resolved contacts

Good Day

I recently lost my phone and took me complaining to actually get the service I pay for every month, now I have to call every day for a simple request and repeat myself on a daily basis with no capable to actually do their job and assist. I have been calling you guys for two weeks now asking that my contract number be changed to my current as I no longer use that number since my phone was stolen and I keep getting the run around. You guys either change this number or cancel that data cause I will not pay for something I am not using. You took your full amount but only providing half the service and you have absolutely no one in your employ that is competent enough to do their job. I call you guys today and someone tells me no your case was closed so we have to start again.

• Cell C's response · Sep 11, 2018

Dear Ms. Sixishe

Thank you for posting to us.

Please email us your query + ID and contact number to [email protected]

One of our consultants will assist you with your query.

Resolved cellphones

On the 1st of September 2018 I bought a phone at your store cell c jewel the phone had speaker problem at times I couldn't hear the other person on the phone and vice versa it had battery problem as well, so I decided to take the phone back to the store and I requested a refund one of the staff told me that they do not do refunds o devices I have to exchange and when I make an exchange I cannot go for a device that is less the one I bought before I can only add the money and get another one or stick with the price plan! I was left with no choice but to exchange and go for something that I don't want! I'm still not happy with the phone I got and the service I got I want a refund your devices are not satisfying at all!and stop sending messages that says"thank you for contacting Akermans"I want this matter to be resolved ASAP!

• Cell C's response · Sep 10, 2018

Dear Sbosh

Thank you for making contact with Cell C.

Please email us your query + contact details and the name of the store you went to.

Our email address is [email protected]

^NS

Resolved cell phone contract that I am listed on credit bureau as a late payer

I just found out today that I have been declined by a credit provider because of my bad payment conduct. I then retrieved my credit report and found out that cell c had listed me as 3 months in arrears, with an overdue balance. I do not have a cell c contract since 2013/14. Both contracts I had with cell c at the time I had called to cancel them. What upsets me the most, in April I had visited a cell c store at Hemingway's Mall to apply for a cell phone contract which was declined due to "a cell phone contract that I have defaulted on" the consultant assisting me assured me it is not with cell c and now this. I am advised now that I had an amount owing in 2016 and was then handed over. The last conversation I had with Cell C was around 2016, after back and forth of not cancelling the contract I asked the consultant who had called me to give me the last and final amount so I can finish this contract for once and for all. I was quoted an amount, I then made a cash deposit of the full amount and concluded that this was finalised. The lady assisting me today confirms the cash deposit I had made, she even confirmed my cell number and husbands. Because I am asking her, from 2016 till now how have they made sure I know about the outstanding amount. She explains cell c had tried to call me. I am disputing that! Why would I hurt my credit health by a measly R104 (at the time) when I have bigger debt that I pay off religiously every month if I am not able to I make an arrangement and follow through with it. I really feel hurt and abused by cell c's actions as a result it has cost me so much pain that I can not even begin to describe. My family and I were looking forward to concluding the purchase of a vehicle which is now declined due to cell c not taking the correct steps to advise me. I went according to a cell c's consultants instruction to pay the amount at the bank and to conclude the contract. I blame myself for not pulling an annual credit report but I did not imagine that a reputable institution such as cell c could trip me up like this. I will pay this R700 odd amount as I am desperate to clear my name and to move on with my financial well being. Companies like cell c are big because of our support and they misuse their powers and they will never even imagine how I feel today and the effect their staff's actions have on clients lives long after that call ends. I feel I have disappointed my family but I will survive. I need cell c to forward me all my voice recordings, more especially the recording advising me to go pay the last cash deposit and thereafter the proof that they had called me and my husbands numbers. Thank you. Pontso Nomaxhosa Sauli ID [protected] cell [protected]

• Cell C's response · Sep 07, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Cell C .

Our team is looking into the matter and will revert with feedback.

Do expect our call soon.

• Updated by Ayali · Sep 14, 2018

I was called by Lungile on the 12th of September and she agreed to forward the voice recordings to the cell c in King Williams town, gave me the managers number. I got to the store on the same day and the manager advised someone had called and advised they would send the recording but had not been sent at the time. I left my contact details on the 12th of September and I was not contacted. I just called the store now on the 14th of September and was advised by the manager the recording had not been sent. I urgently need to resolve this case please and to do that I need the recording. Thank you

• Cell C's response · Sep 14, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for getting in touch.

We will follow up and revert back.

• Updated by Ayali · Sep 19, 2018

Today is the 19th of September and I am yet to hear from cell c regarding the voice recording they confirmed to have forwarded to one of their stores. Again, I need to finalise this matter as soon as possible so I can move on with my life. Thank you

Dear Ayali

Thank you for contacting Cell C regarding the call recordings.

According to the feedback we have received the call recordings were forwarded to Cell C Store - MetlifePlaza. You can visit the store with your ID book and request for Thula the store manager who will assist you with listening to the call recordings.

• Updated by Ayali · Sep 19, 2018

Can you kindly ensure the manager at the store calls me to confirm such. As explained I had rushed to the store only to be told the recording had not been delivered, I then left my contact details for the manager to call me should the recording be available. I am yet to receive that call confirming the recording is there. I do not want to waste my time and petrol as I have done before.
    Thanks

Noted.

• Updated by Ayali · Sep 20, 2018

Good day, today is the 20th of September, I called the store and spoke to the Manager Thula. She has not yet received the recording. Please call the store manager yourselves to confirm that this recording has not been sent since. Whoever is responding to my complaint is surely not taking the time to confirm that this recording has indeed been delivered to the store. I can not believe the level of ignorance from cell c, all it takes is for the actioner to pick up the phone and call the store to confirm whether or not the recording has been sent instead of confirming blindly. Instead, I am doing the liaising. Kindly ensure I receive the recording by end of today. Thanks

Dear Ayali

Thank you for getting back to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay. We will follow up with the store manager and resend the call recording, we will call you as soon as we have liaised with the store.