Having problems with Cell C?

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Cell Cunauthorized charges

Dear sir / madam

I am a CellC customer and applied for a cellphone contract online. The cellphone were delivered to me on 22/01/2017. I did agreed for a monthly debit order as payment.

According my bank statements cellc deducted twice a month and sometimes 3 times a month. The amount that were agreed on was R167, 98. The other deducted amounts was R 500, 00 and R333, 99. Some months the R333, 99 were increased with R10, R20, R30 and even R50. The reason for this unauthorized amounts is unknown. According to my credit score I do not owe cell c. Can you please help me regarding this matter and inform me as soon as possible, because I want my money back and a clear name. The reason for this is that because of cellc i am now blacklisted.

regards
surietha minnaar
cellphone number: [protected]
id nr:[protected]

Dear Surietha Minnaar

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding Debit Orders going off your account. Please forward us your query to [protected]@cellc.co.za with the Cell C/ID number in question, a number we can reach you on as well as your bank statement reflecting the debited amounts.

Please note that we are unable to pick your account details using the details provided.

Cell Cinsurance

On the 16/03/2019 I took my phone to cell c store for repairs. I filled in the claims form and it was submitted. I called the call centre 2 days later to follow up and they tell me that they have not received any documents. So I resend all documents. When I follow up again, the agent by the name of Quiniso Nkabinde says she's waiting for proof of number exchange. I go to the branch again to get this and send back but you guys say you still awaiting for number exchange document. Another agent calls the branch and still cannot get the document. I've called you several times and visited the branch 4 times already and still my phone hasn't even been processed for claims. I am 8 months pregnant and you guys are making me run up and down! I am so pissed of with your service!The branch blames the call centre. The call centre blames the branch. What the hell is going on with cell c? Nobody wants to take accountability. Nobody wants to assist me! Very nicely I was sold a phone with insurance. Very nicely my debit orders were collected but when I have a serious problem here nobody can help?? First and last contract with this [censored] company! I have 3 other contracts with Telkom since 2015 and not once did I have this problem with them. It's no wonder why your company is under so much debt! All your customers are leaving without paying their contracts in full due to pathetic service. Rather you shut this place down!

Cell Ccell c

Cell C has been fraudulently debiting my account since January. They debited my account with R14 000 in January. I hadn't received this money back by March and hence asked my bank to reverse the transaction. Furthermore I have stopped any access to my account from Cell C. I have called numerous times and have numerous reference numbers and for some reason was handed over to HP Attorneys in March. I owe Cell C nothing. #CellCisFraud

Dear Zaan Naude

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We apologize for the delayed response our CB page was down. Have you received assistance on your query?

^NZ

Cell CService at a cell c shop

My cellphone was stolen 3 days ago. I was told by customer services that I need to buy an unregistered sim card at a cell c shop for a sim swap.

I went to cell c in Blue Route Mall, Tokai today and they told me to go and buy a sim card at Checkers. Checkers reused to sell me a sim card if they cannot rica it. I went back to the Cell C shop and the lady told me that if she sells me a sim card, she need to rica it. I ask her to call the customer line at Cell C and she did. They told her that that she needs to give me a sim card. I got one and phoned the customer services at 084 135 to do a sim swap.
        They me that the Rica serial number is invalid. They cannot do a sim swap. They also informed me that the Cell C store in Blue Route Mall Tokai can do the sim swap.

I am totally confused now at the service I got at the Cell c store. It was a lady with a Orange Cell C sweater on.

Please advise on my work e mail : [protected]@faircape.co.za or [protected].

Dear essiecloete

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

Do you still require assistance with the SIM swap?

CellCextra time clearance

I ported to Vodacom with my Cellc number, due to network problems I experienxed eith Cellc.

Now I am recieving messages from Cellc that I owe R4 extra time and im over due, I visited the Cellc shop to try and pay back the requested fee and they said I should port back! to use Cellc.

this was challenging for me because I ported from Cellc because I was not pleased by the problems I was experiencing with them.

so how can I approach this?

Dear Emihle Busakwe

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

You can settle your out-standing Emergency airtime/data loan by making a payment using the attached banking details.

Comments

Cell Cunauthorised debit from my bank account

Good Day

I would like to log a formal complaint for the 3rd time now

I have been having my bank account debited by Cell C almost every week now, this started with a debit of R199 on 3 Jan 2019 with reference number [protected], and on 25 Jan 2019 again Cell C debited my account for an amount of R792.93 with different ref no; [protected] and on the 15 Feb 2019 again Cell C debited my account for an amount totaling to R991.93 now splitting these into two. The recent one is now R1738. 98 on 26 Feb 2019 with Ref number: [protected]. I have made Cell C aware on numerous times that I don't have a contract with them and never had one. I have written the affidavit and sent through the documents as requested by your call center however my matter has not been attended to or even addresses instead Cell C keeps on debiting excessive amounts from my account and no one is assisting me or giving me a meaningful feedback on this case.

I have insisted that I would like to cancel all sorts of contracts that might have been illegally opened against my ID and now I am very frustrated by the fraud. Its been 2 months and no one is giving me any proof that I am indeed using whatever services that I am being charged for. Instead they keep on sending the Incident numbers and asking me to follow same process over and over again. The recent Incident number given to me is Incident: [protected]

I need action from Cell C as soon as possible, if Cell C continues to debit my account without giving me proof that indeed I opened a contract with them I will be forced to open a fraud criminal case.

Regards
            Mbali Mthethwa

• Za
                Zaan Naude Mar 23, 2019

Cell C has been fraudulently debiting my account since January. They debited my account with R14 000 in January. I hadn’t received this money back by March and hence asked my bank to reverse the transaction. Furthermore I have stopped any access to my account from Cell C. I have called numerous times and have numerous reference numbers and for some reason was handed over to HP Attorneys in March. I owe Cell C nothing. #CellCisFraud

Cell C — Illegal disconnection, appalling customer service

Cell C did not send me any invoice since Dec 2018 and I have received your phone call today asking me if i am...

Cell C — Sasolburg

Good day Please condsider this as my cancelation for the following contract. The reason I cancelled thi...

Cellc Store Campus Square Auckland Park — cellc store in campus square auckland park

Hello 6 months ago I bought a Y7 on contract at cellc store in campus Square, the same day I realized that...

Cell C — cell c doing fraud on my account

A lady debra just phoned me and advised me cell c will not be giving back my money. Please note the following...

Cell Csim swap

I was robbed and I lost everything including my phone, ID and license. I was left stranded a stranger assisted me get a new cell c sim so I could do a sim swap and access my money from the bank. I called cell c and the lady wanted cell phone numbers I recently dialed, I could not remember because I lost my phone which has all the numbers and then she asked for the date on which I recharged I honestly do not remember but I knew it was an amount of R5 or R10. She then told me that my info was incorrect and that she will not do my swap (very rude) I then travelled more than 100km to get a cell c store, they wanted an affidavit after I gave them they just said my SIM card is registered in another person's name. I have been using cell c for more than 9 years whenever they call or send messages they address me as my name and not the registered person they are claiming is the owner of the sim. This is not the first time I did a swap but it is the first time I have had such a hard time on the same number. Both the consultants on the phone and in person could not assist and both of them could not even give me a solution as to what I should do. I have dealt with cell c's crapy network and connection without even complaining and after all these years they are the reason why I am still stranded and sleeping in people's houses. Asking for people's phone to make calls and lookin like I am crazy all because for more than 9 whole years they have been offering me contracts and deals on a number they are now claiming is registered in another persons name. I was broken and I cried enough on the day I was robbed and cell c is just being the most painful of all the things I went through. The first time I did the sim swap I was never told of anything like this.
              Cell C gives the worst service with grumpy consultants and the weakest network. I regret the day I ever chose to use this nonsense, my entire life is a mess all because of the lowest rated network on earth.

• Cell C's response · Feb 06, 2019

Dear Ms. Kubheka

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

As per RICA legislation we can only assist you with a SIM swap if the number is in your name and was being actively used by you. You also need to pass the mandatory security check before we can action the SIM swap for you. There is a lot of fraud when it comes to SIM swaps and that is why we take the necessary steps to protect you as the customer as well as Cell C.

Kindly email us your contact details on [protected]@cellc.co.za so that we can discuss the matter further with you.

^NS

Cell Cservices and products

This is the 17th time calling and telling cellc I have no job anymore and they must tell me if there is a payment arrangement a minimum one we can agree on and all the time a call. Is loged but nothing is done.. Now they didn't find the money in my account they suspended my services just this once when I was the one following them around looking for a solution because I didn't want my account suspended as it's where I receive my calls and how will I receive when you suspended and when you did not do your job to get back at me and give a solution.. I'm honestly tired of this contract honestly it's complaint after another. I can't wait to get a job and cancel everything that is cellc

• Cell C's response · Feb 02, 2019

Dear Fikile Fixx Kunene Tladinyane

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding a payment arrangement.
                    Please forward us your query to [protected]@cellc.co.za and kindly include the Cell C numbers in question and a number we can reach you on.
                    Any related reference numbers can be included.

^NZ

Cell Cfibre to the home - sales team provides false information to close the deal

I called Cell C in October to enquire about their Fibre to the Home deal. I was informed by the Salesman that there was an Unlimited offer which entailed the first 3 months for free. I asked the Salesman to send me an email to confirm this offering which he did. I was also asked to pay an "initiation" fee of R907 at point of sale. When I received my statement in December, I noticed that there was an amount of around R900 due to Cell C. I queried why I was being billed because I was still in the "first 3 months for free" period. The same Salesman called me back and informed me that I should just ignore this statement because it will correct itself. On 30 January 2019 I discovered by my connection had been disconnected and upon enquiry I was told by the same Salesman that he had made a "mistake". This service is simply unacceptable!

• Cell C's response · Feb 01, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We apologize for the service that you have experienced.

Please forward us the email conversation that you had with the agent to [protected]@cellc.co.za, so that we can have it attended to promptly.

^MP

Cell Cdebit order date

I've got Contracts with Cell C. The arrangement was that debit orders must be on the 31st of each month. Cell C decided to deduct on the 25th, When I phoned customer care they stated that there is nothing that they can do, If I reverced myself they will charge me for that, How is this possible. Why ask people what date debit order must take place. 25 Januarie 2019, return money asap, [protected] is my Number

• Cell C's response · Jan 25, 2019

Dear HectorD

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding your debit order date. We have escalated the matter, our team will be in touch.

^NZ

Cell C — pending refund since late last year!!

Since last year, I have been awaiting a refund from Cell C for overpayments I had previously made on my...

Cell C — mobile wifi router

Last year july I took out a mobile wifi rotter contract from cell c. First month the was no coverage. Ok...

Cell C — subscription charges, for an account I did not open at cell c.

I am been charged for an account, I did not open at Cell C . My ABSA Bank account is being debited monthly, I...

Cell Cincorrect information given

I have been in contact with the call center since last year late and I have been having no joy at all with them as no one is willing to assist me nor is anyone trying to understand what my query is. All the can tell me is that I must pay up.

Please see below the email I sent through to customer care on the 4th January 2019, and still no reply or feedback given to me. I am very disappointed by their pathetic service or lack of service thereof. The whole contact center is a disgrace as I was forced to cancel my TWO contracts before their expiry date and the way they have been handling my case just tells me that I did a very good choice by requesting cancel, as it is I want nothing to do with Cell C but just my query resolved and someone there take responsibility for the false information they gave me and stop telling me I am liable for someones lack of knowledge about their own product

Please see the email I sent below :

Good day,

Trusting my email finds you well.

I am writing this email to basically indicate that I had a call coming from your offices indicating that I have an outstanding debt and needs to be settled even though I have paid the settlement amount, a settlement amount which I was given by a consultant over the phone when I called to ask how much I will need to pay in order to cancel both lines, I specifically asked for ALL AMOUNTS OVER AND ABOVE that I will be liable for, for cancelling before both contracts reach an expiry date.

Please note the following as explained below.
                      I had 3 lines on a contractual basis with you and after a period of time I then decided to end the other 2 lines contracts before the contractual period of expiry. Which those lines I requested are [protected] and [protected].
                      I made a call to the Call Center a week before I made payment and I was given those amounts, I called AGAIN on the 23rd of November 2018, id presume as I made those payments on the 24th November 2018 (SEE ATTACHED PROOF OF PAYMENTS),
                      I made a call to confirm the outstanding amount that needed to be paid out in order to clear ALL the contractual amounts I was supposed to pay as per my contracts with you since I was terminating the contracts before the expiry dates, I made that very clear with the consultant, and unfortunately I did not take down her name, it was a lady I spoke to. I remember I confirmed with her about 3 times if those are the ONLY amounts I will be liable for over and above. She assured me that is how much I will need to pay in order to get them cancelled.

I was however told that the outstanding amounts as I requested and needed to be settled so as to be able to cancel the contracts were R907.52 and R707.63. Therefore I made arrangement to pay these amounts as I had been advised when I made my enquiry. Between the 24th, 25th or 26th November 2018 I made a call to confirm receipt of payment and was informed that payment was received and cancellation of the contracts will be processed immediately. A few days later, I also received an sms confirming cancellation from contract to pre-paid. This therefore gave me the indication that I had settled my outstanding amounts and I will not be held contractually liable for any outstanding amounts.

However I have been receiving calls informing me that there is an outstanding amount that needs to be settled which I am not aware of and was never advised about that as per my enquiry previously and November, I NEVER GOT ANY MINUTES OR DATA, but I was surprised to see that I was invoiced in December and tried to debit my account. The last call I received from your offices was on the 28th December 2018. I eventually came to a decision of lodging a complaint with your office as I dispute the amount that is being debited and I am told I still owe after initially being told my contract has been cancelled and is paid up. My first case was logged with Noluthando and was given reference [protected] and the call recording reference number was [protected], as I requested for the call. TILL TODAY, I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL RECORDING
                      I cannot be held liable for any outstanding amounts as I was informed by one of YOUR employees the amount I needed to pay and was clearly advised and informed those amounts paid.

Kindly assist in settling this dispute as I cannot be held liable after being informed and assured that the payments were received and the contract was cancelled.

Been requesting to listen to my call since last year when I logged the complaint
                      Two consultants called me claiming to have my query resolved whereas they both tell me I owe you guys money
                      MIND YOU, both consultants admitted to have not listened to my call recording before calling me. What service is that!
                      The consultant that gave me the incorrect amounts to pay should be held liable, not me. I REFUSE

Just an FYI
                      This complaint is with your CEO as we speak

you guys are messing my payment profile

• Cell C's response · Jan 13, 2019

Dear Ms. Bhebhe

Thank you for posting to us.

Yes, we are aware that the query is with the CEO Team and they are working on it.

The team will be providing feedback on the matter.

^NS

Cell C — unethical behaviour

19/12/18 - send an email to notify cell c that I have moved, need my fibre line to be activated on the new...

Johannesburg

Cell Copted for a cell-c wi-fi router offer of r299 for 20 g and debited r817.68 for 10 g instead.

In September 2018 I was offered a wi-fi router for 20G for during the day and another 20G for during the night for R299 by a Cell C sales men. After discussing with my husband I called the customer centre back and spoke to another sales man to request the very same offer, in order to cut my data monthly costs. I was informed that once I had received my wi-fi router, I would have to make a once-off phone call to Cell C in order to cap the data so that I would not exceed my limit of 20 G day and 20 G night. I received the wi-fi router towards the end of September 2018.

In the duration of October I called Cell C to cap the data, however; I was informed that I had failed one of the verification questions, my home address. I was asked to state the address that was on my contract, I informed the lady that I was never sent a contract. I later found out that the address that had been used was an old address retrieved from my credit records by the sales man. At the end of October 2018 I was billed R299.

To my surprise, at the end of November I was billed R817.68 instead of the R299 I had agreed to. On the 11th of December 2018 I called the Cell C call centre and spoke to Shanay to find out what had happened. Shanay informed me that I had actually been given 10G for R817.68 I informed her that that was not what I had requested or agreed to. Shanay then informed me that she had dealt with many complaints such as mine. She informed me that I was sold the wrong package with incorrect pricing without my knowledge. She then informed me that she would lodge a dispute on my behalf and that I should expect a call from Cell C in the next two days.

On the 12th of December 2018 at 15:41 I missed a call from Cell C because I was already talking to someone else on my phone. At 15:44 I called back the number. Hlengiwe, from the Cell C call centre, answered the call. I asked her for feedback regarding the dispute lodged. She informed me that the case was closed according to her system. She then said she would e-mail Amanda Meyer, who had been allocated my case, to call me back. I requested for Ms Meyer's telephone number and e-mail address and she informed me that she was not allowed to share those details with me. After hanging up, I received an sms stating that my case was closed and another requesting me to rate the service. In a few minutes I received another sms stating that my new case no. was [protected] and that someone would get into contact with me. Nobody has called since.

On the 19th of December 2018 I called the Cell C call centre and Happiness Phiri answered my call. I gave her my case number and informed her about the dispute. She also said that she would inform Ms Meyer to contact me. I requested for Ms Meyer's contact details to which I was informed I could not have. Ms Meyer has still not contacted me.

On the 20th of December 2018 I sent an e-mail to Cell C as per advise from Happiness Phiri of Cell C regarding this dispute. I have not received a response to my e-mails or phone calls from Cell C. At the end of December 2018, my account was again debited for R817.68. This is blatant fraud and it is clear that Cell C has no desire to amend this or resolve the matter. I need Cell C to cancel this fraudulent "contract" with immediate effect.

• Cell C's response · Jan 02, 2019

Good morning Phumi

We will get someone to investigate this matter and assist. Kindly forward your contact number, ID number and email address to [protected]@cellc.co.za, be assured that this matter will be sorted.

Regards