Carl's Jr.customer service

A

I went to Carls Jr on my way to a doctor's appointment two days ago. I got the $4 meal deal I brought it home after my appointment. My boyfriend took a bite of the chicken sandwich and there was a piece of long black hair. I called Carls Jr to complain and the manager on duty whose name was "Ashley" said i would get a full refund as well as my meal replaced and was very courteous .I went to Carls Jr around 7 am the next morning and told an employee that i was there to replace meal and get refund and that i spoke to "Ashley" the manager on duty the night before. The employee looked clueless so i asked to speak to a manager, the manager told her to replace meal. The meal was in a bag and the manager was like "im sorry and have a nice day"i replied that the manager on duty "Ashley" said that i could get a refund and the contaminated food replaced. Very rudley the manager talked to me like a child and was short and said"Refund or food, you can not get both".I was very upset and didn't have time to argue but just said that this is not was discussed on phone.I mean come on the meal was already made and also i was told that both would be replaced! So i called Carls Jr again and manager said to call back later in evening.I was at hospital due to a separate issue and being seen when i got a call from Carls Jr. I told manager i was in hospital and would call back, she wanted to talk about issue right then and there (also argue and basically tell me i was lying about getting refund without replaced meal) .Again not appropriate I was already in hospital and that was not the time to debate. So i called back this morning (my phone died after i left hospital and not in mood to debate anything either. )I talked to "Vicky"the manager who called me at hospital and she got really short witg me on phone, thank god my boyfriend saw and heard her getting loud on phone so i gave him phone and he talked to her(Come on i just got out of hospital! ), he explained that there was hair in food, he didn't yell but for some reason she was more calm talking to him! Which is bologna because i was the one who bought the meal!She said that meal would be replaced and was very courteous with him.After these two incidents, I will not return to this location. I feel that this staff needs to be trained on customer service and also manager needs to oversee food making.