Having problems with Captain D's?

Captain D's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 1, 2008. The latest review Service/store cleanliness was posted on Jul 21, 2021. The latest complaint service was resolved on Mar 12, 2020. Captain D's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 403 reviews. Captain D's has resolved 60 complaints.

Captain D's Customer Service Contacts

624 Grassmere Park Drive, Suite 30
Nashville, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Captain D's Customer Service. Initial Captain D's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Captain D's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Captain D's. Discuss the issues you have had with Captain D's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Captain D's Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Jul 27, 2019

Captain D's — food/service

I was on my way out of town to work and decided to stop and grab food for everyone I had ordered a 10 piece...

Jul 19, 2019

Captain D's — timeliness of service, quality of food.

We have been regular in-house diners at Captain D's #3748 in Tucker, GA. The timeliness of service has been...

Jul 06, 2019

Captain Ds — service and food

My husband and I have been going here for years to eat on Wednesday for Senior citizens discount. Well, you...

Jul 04, 2019

Captain D's — white fish and shrimp

Ordered 2 white fish and shrimp skewers, through the drive thru. One dinner for my 82 year old father who i...

Jun 30, 2019

Captain D's — payment

on sunday june 30.2019 we went to captains ds for lunch .i pay for my meals with a gift card. it was $10.00...

Jun 29, 2019

Captain D's — general manager and staff

My name is Maria Selby I'm going to complain and again Frieda Lewis add all the staff members racist it's all...

Captain D'srestaurant...

I went to Captain Ds like I do every so often & when I placed my order I was Not asked if I wanted to add any Shrimp skewers to my order. I pulled up to the window & there was a sign on the window which Said: If we dont offer to add on some shrimp skewers; Which he did NOT, that what I ordered was FREE !!! so I asked the two boys that were at the window that i Was Not asked about adding on shrimp skewers & they just Blew It Off & gave me the total of my order !!! I thought it was going to be Free because they did NOT ask me about the shrimp skewers but I was Charged the Whole total of 10.63 which I paid & didnt know why I had to !!!

• Captain D's's response · Jun 26, 2019

Hello, Thank you for contacting Captain D's. Can you send your complaint with contact information to https://contact.captainds.com/ and someone from our management team will reach out to you?

Captain D'sgood was terrible... athens tennessee drive thru

I ordered 20 piece shrimp
    4 extra Hush puppies
    Corn on the cob
    Large sweet tea
    2 extra pc fish
    The shrimp was cold and no flavor ...pups were good...Corn was mush in a stick...Yea was not sweet at all... the fish was watery like it was not done!!!Telling you...I've ate there 1000s of times and no complaints since I live in Athens...I got home ready to eat and was not pleased AT ALL!!!
    Order# 0180...$15.67... I WoULD like a refund please!!! Karen Baker... [protected]...

Captain D'sCorn on cob

Just returned from my second trip to Captain Ds in Charleston WV on Kanawha Blvd. Monday June 172019. First trip ordered three dinner, one with corn on the cob. Returned home to eat when my husband pulled his corn out, it was a dark brown color and swiveled up like it had been sitting there for 2..3 weeks. It was discussing looking. So after we ate the rest of are meal. I took it back and asked if the would eat that. Reply was no..I'm sorry. I will get you another. They also forgot my crums. No offer of a refund after I had to drive back and forth twice. Which would have compensated some on my gas and time. The corn was not just slightly old ..it was very old. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Theresa Tribble [protected].

Corn on cob

• Captain D's's response · Jun 18, 2019

• Jy
          J𝔞ymay Jun 17, 2019

Why should you get a refund. They replaced the corn, you ate the rest of your food. You are not entitled to a refund. Visit a soup kitchen if you cannot afford to feed yourself.

Jun 12, 2019

Captain D's — both product and service

okay so Sunday we went to have dinner we decided to get it to go because so done in room was crowded and look...

Captain D'sall you can eat sunday's - customer service was terrible

On 6/9/2019 we visited the Captain D's # 3816 in Aiken, SC for the "All you can eat Sundays". Order # 0108. We hadn't been to Captain D's in some time, so we thought we would try it. When they brought us our meal, the mac n' cheese looked as though it had been sitting out - dried up and the green beans were cold. We filled out the refill ticket for more fish and shrimp as soon as we sat down. The couple behind us was also complaining, their ticket has been picked up and now they were finished, the refills did not come. Several employees were working the dinning floor but never once stopped and got our refill ticket. We spent $23.96 for two dinners, that's a shame for 2 pieces of fish and about 10 popcorn shrimp. We will not be visting Captain D's again. There were more than enough employees working that should be paying more attention to things like this. When we finally asked them about getting refills, we were told that they were stopping that ad. And then we saw them pulling all the phamplets off the tables that advertise that special. What's up with that???

• Captain D's's response · Jun 25, 2019

Jun 08, 2019

Captain D's — fish and shrimp dinner

I ordered crispy fish and shrimp dinner from large board out side; cashier replied 9and some cents after...

Jun 07, 2019

Captain D's — carry out order of 12 piece butterfly shrimp

I went to drive up window ordered my 12 piece butterfly shrimp with 2 sides being corn and slaw... Get to...

Jun 03, 2019

Captain D's — megan

We had a four piece chicken meal coupon. Megan would not let us use it for the battered chicken due to...

Captain D'sproduct & service. possible stealing

Good Evening;
          My name is Mr. George Franklin Williams II and on 6/1/2019 at 03:25pm my roommate and i went to purchase meals from one of your locations at 2845 Greenbrier Pkwy. SW. Atlanta Ga. 30331.

As i was receiving my order i noticed it was not what i had ordered and when i brought it to the attention of the male with an orange work shirt who had originally taken my order that it was wrong. He than seem to get upset and took my original receipt and went to the cash register and what seem to me he had took out money and stapled it to another piece of paper as to show he was returning my money; but had then went to the back and came back one minute later with my correct order. I am a Security Supervisor and i pay close attention to all transactions and my surroundings. You may want to look into this matter for this individual may be stealing from your company. Below is a copy of the order that was left in my bag with date and time if you have surveillance at that location.
          George Franklin Williams II

product & service. possible stealing

May 30, 2019

Captain D's — service

I was the first customer (arriving at 10:30AM)...After paying I was asked to pull forward...I stated "if...

May 18, 2019

Captain D's — food not fresh and cold

I went to Captain D's on a Friday night at 10pm and I ordered my usual, fish tenders, macaroni and cheese and...

Captain D'srude and poor service

I visited captain D's in lake, city Florida and was very displeased. Not only was the staff very rude but the service was unacceptable. The food was cold when we received it and there was no starter sauce at the station where they are kept. I mentioned this to the staff and was reassured some would be brought to the table, which never happened. I will never return to the restaurant and let others know how guests are treated there!

May 12, 2019

Captain D's — deceitful business practices

I came through the drive thru around 2 o'clock today I ordered 2 meals and 1 drink my total was $20.77. While...

Captain D'sdirty store, unprofessioal employees.

Leesburg FL, Capt D's, 11:15 AM May 4th, 2019.
              My wife and I drive from Ocala, FL several times a year which is about an hour drive for us. Always good service and clean envirement until today.
              Very unusual that only one or two tables had customers' When we opened the front door we almost turned around and left. The smell of the old grease hit us in the face. We ordered the special for 5.99 each and a $2 drink. When it was delivered, the shrimp were some of the smallest I've seen in awhile, but hot and good. Fries could have been warmer but that was okey. As we ate the heavy taste of old grease coated our mouth, the hushpuppies oil went all the way thru. I went to the rest room, the place had only been open about an hour and the large trash can was overfilled, trash on the dirty floors, fixtures and mirrors dirty. Employees were playing in cell phones and loudly with each other. I have been in the business for my whole life. Looks and smells like yesterdays crew didn't empty and strain the fryers last night, if ever nor did anyone clean and wipe down anything. The four people behind us ate a little bit and got up and tossed their food in the trash. We ate most of ours and now are paying for at the restrooms. This is why Long Johns had trouble in Ocala and most locals do not use it. We have just added this Capt. D's to our DO NOT EAT AT list. Management is usually why business' fail.

• Je
                  Jerry Sipe May 12, 2019

Our local Captain D's located on Brandt Pike route 201 Dayton Ohio 45424 was closed on Sunday May 12 th with a hand written sign on the entrance and also the drive through window saying it was mother's day and they would reopen at 6 pm. All lights were off and personnel gone. This was at 430 Pm. I do not believe this is your company policy concerning mother's day

We have been very unhappy concerning the way we have been treated at this location especially by a woman named Kathleen. And have complained about her rude behavior repeatedly

There are serious problems here and I am wondering if they are following company procedure at all. Please call me back to discuss any concerns. Jerry. [protected]