Having problems with Captain D's?

Captain D's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 1, 2008. The latest review Getting an order right was posted on Jun 16, 2021. The latest complaint service was resolved on Mar 12, 2020. Captain D's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 399 reviews. Captain D's has resolved 60 complaints.

Captain D's Customer Service Contacts

624 Grassmere Park Drive, Suite 30
Nashville, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Captain D's Customer Service. Initial Captain D's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Captain D's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Captain D's. Discuss the issues you have had with Captain D's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Captain D's Complaints & Reviews

Captain D'sGetting an order right

The Captain D's on Battlefield Blvd, Chesapeake, Va. has twice messed up our order. The first time I had ordered 2 meals and only got one and the second time which was Monday, June 14, 2021, they got our order completely wrong. We did not get what we had ordered, we got one meal that we didn't order. We had ordered through Door Dash and yes they have credited us our payment, but the funny thing was, our Dasher told the people at Captain D's that this wasn't our order because of how I spell my name. The person that works at Captain D's said it was, read the name. The name was Charlene. I spell my name Sharlene. No effort in correcting this problem from Captain D's.

Captain D'sCold food (if you wish to call it food)

06/06/21 8:11 p.m.
    Capt Ds at 6667 Virginia Beach Blvd, Norfolk, VA
    The ordering speaking was not working very well...told the woman inside three times to get the order placed. Mentioned TWICE that I was military to get the offered discount. Long wait.
    Food (?) was passed through the window after she told me she had not included Military Discount as I had failed to mention it. Told me to be sure to say it when placing my order. Super condescending attitude.
    Our food (?) was COLD...cold fish (2 piece) fries were like they had been made around noon and my Mac and Cheese consisted of about a dozen pieces of pasta and the rest of the cup was filled with the cheese sauce goop. My wife's 2 piece fish was also cold, soggy/old fries and the cole slaw was warm. Warning of food poisoning right there. It appeared the woman at the window was the only one working other than a cook.
    I MUST have a response and apology to this complaint before I ever think of eating there again. Just a sad and sorry experience...$16.17 wasted.
    I know you can do better.

Captain D'semployee and management notwearing masks when serving public.

On Friday 5/7/21 at 1545 I purchased early dinner at store 3266 in Salisbury NC. I was appalled to find no employee or the I assume manager on duty behind the counter wore face mask. That is a state issued order for people serving the public to wear masks. Normally I would have just left without paying or food but I was really wanting popcorn shrimp. It was overcooked by the way. anyway, I will not return to this store as a result of their blatant disregard for the safety of your customers..

Captain D'sFood Illness

On Saturday evening of May 1st, My wife and I dined in at the Captain D's in Searcy Arkansas. I had the Salmon and Shrimp skewer she had Fish and shrimp. We were both sick the next morning and its Monday morning and I'm still not fully recovered.
        I found it strange that we ordered and I went to the restroom and the food was on the table when I returned. How do you prepare Salmon that quick and
        get it right?
        We were not impressed with the crew or the food and I can say that we will NEVER be back to Captain D's.
        We spent something like $22.00 to get sick.
        David Gossett

Captain D'sRude customer service / Partial order

The drive-through cashier was very rude. As simple basic question and got a rude answer. Didn't put shrimps in our bag. Would not eat at this restaurant for a very long time.👎🏽X100.

It doesn't take Thousand words to explain rude service...

4/24/2021 @ 7:55 pm

Apr 07, 2021

Captain D's — Manager not wearing gloves.

I just got my food, a senior special 2 piece fish, fries, ice tea, and green beans. I got my food at 2:13 pm...

Mar 18, 2021

Captain D's — Missing food

I just went through the drive thru at Captain D's on Murfreesboro Rd. I ordered a 10 piece family dinner...

Captain D'sTonya the manager at Wrightsboro road

Tonya has been very unprofessional, rude, and does not even let the employees explain something she just hangs up in their face very rudely. She treats the employee that I'd like to keep anonymous very unfairly. She threatens his job constantly, hangs up in his face when he's trying to update her or let her know what's going on, and many other things. It's easier to explain over the phone but she is very unprofessional and is not acting the way a manager should. My email is: [protected]@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thank you for your time.

Mar 14, 2021

Captain D's — Service

On 3-112021 at 6:50.27 I placed a to-go order. For a pick-up time of 7:30. Order# 209433. At 7:20 I went in...

Captain D'sFish Cooking Freshness

I have started patronizing Captain D's after several years and closest one to me is in Orange Park Florida. The fist three months I was eating at Captain Do's three times a week and the fish was cooked fresh. The last two times I bought my fish, Captain D's has failed to cook the fish fresh. The last time I visited the Branding Blvd store, I specifically asked for my fish to be cooked fresh. I was told by the employee, "they always cook their fish fresh". I thought to myself, okay, maybe Captain D's is back, but to my disappointment, I was wrong.

Captain D'sProducts and service

I was in the Florence Boulevard location March 1 2021 3:15-4:45. Walking up to the counter there was a huge spill on the floor you had to step over to order. After ordering while waiting on my order to be cooked I mentioned the spill to a girl bringing food to customers outside. She said yes something was leaking and walked behind counter. I told her it was dangerous and should be cleaned before someone fell. She walked into the kitchen. Another customer brought hush puppies back to counter complaining they were very dry. Worker said "Yes we're out of onions so they can't be cooked right. Would you like another side. " he ordered corn. The cook came out of the kitchen questioning the girl and customer loudly. Finally giving the customer the corn but still complaining as he reentered the kitchen. I saw 3 kitchen workers wearing their masks on there chins. Not covering mouths or noses. This was not including the girl taking food to cars but she wore hers in the same way. We got our food and it was good, except the hush puppies, they were definitely way too dry to enjoy.
                We ordered a 10 piece fish with okra and macaroni and cheese to go. Asked if we could get fries instead of hush puppies but were told no. So told them to not give us hush puppies anyway. Got to our car and checked out order there was no Mac and cheese so had to go back for it.
                The spill was still on the floor when I left over an hour and half after I pointer it out. Was still not marked with warning of any kind. This location was not only out of onions they had no salad of any kind. No fish tenders, which I'm not sure how a fish restaurant can be out of fish of any kind. They also had no chocolate cake. I will be eating at other local restaurants for a while now. This place had A LOT of issues!!
                There were only 4 other people eating in the dinning room 1 was the gentleman questioned by the cook. 2 other people ordered and sat down before we left. There was no reason for the slowness or service at this location

Feb 12, 2021

Captain D's — The manager in training

Jimmy Dempsey 3:53 PM (0 minutes ago) to me I am writing you to complain and put in a complaint on the...

Feb 04, 2021

Captain D's — Product and service

When placing and order on 2-3-2021 I had to repeat my order several times because the employees had a...

Jan 22, 2021

Captain D's — Not wearing masks

While ordering our food in Bossier City LA we noticed two employees with their masks just wrapped around...

Jan 08, 2021

Captain D's — Poor quality of food & employees being rude, no customer service

On Jan.7, 2021 @ 8:30 pm. Captain d's in McMinnville, T.N. My husband & I placed a To-go order for...

Captain D'sIncorrect dinner on take out order.

I had an order for dine in and an order for takeout. Take out order was incorrect, I called but waiter there wanted me to come back to store on other side of town. So I told him I would not do that. I have been please with Captain's service but this is the second time this has happened. I think they should check the dinners better, in the future. I am a loyal customer of Captain D's.

Incorrect dinner on take out order.

Dec 24, 2020

Captain D's — My food order was wrong

I was in your Gastonia North Carolina store on yesterday December 23rd and I ordered a fish sandwich with...

Dec 22, 2020

Captain D's — My food and the manager Roxanne

Me and my brother mom went to Captain D's on Sunday December 20, 2020 and we both did separate order...

Dec 17, 2020

Captain D's 3553 — Customer service

When placing my order Valencia had no patience and was not nice at all. When we got to window she was not any...

Dec 09, 2020

Captain D's — Lobster sandwich

I was at the Jasper Alabama location today for lunch and the picture of the lobster sandwich looked really...