PO Box 64239, RPO Thorncliffe

Terminal 2A, Gate 6, Charles de Gaulle Airport, 95716 Roissy, France

India
111, Ansal Bhawan 16, Kasturba Gandhi Marg New Delhi - 110 001

Indonesia
The World Marketing Mayapada Tower, 7th Floor, Suite 07-07 Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 28 Jakarta 12920 Indonesia

Israel
Azrieli Center 1, 132 Menachem Begin Rd, Tel Aviv, 67011, Israel

Italy
Air Canada Reservations Torre Uffici 1- Aeroporto di Fiumicino 00054 Fiumicino - Rome

Malaysia
Office Suite 19-10-1, Level 10, UOA Centre № 19, Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Mexico
Blvd. Manuel Avila Camacho № 1- 8th floor Col. Lomas de Chapultepec Mexico, CP 11009 D.F. Mexico

Philippines
Ground Floor, Unit 14-A Colonnade Residences Condominium 132 Carlos Palaca Jr. Street Legaspi Village, Makati City Manila, Philippines 1229

Russia

Taiwan
Unit 7-5, № 220, Sung Chiang Road, Taipei 104, Taiwan
Fax: +886 225 111 252

Thailand
14th Floor Charn Issara Tower II 2922/215 New Petchburi Road, Bangkapi, Huaykwang Bangkok 10320
Fax: +66 27 182 089

Turkey
AiRep Havacılık ve Turizm A.Ş. Mete Caddesi, № 18/1 34437 Taksim Istanbul Turkey
Fax: +90 212 334 29 87

UAE
P.O. Box 1200 Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Fax: +971 42 948 889

Vietnam
Saigon Pearl Plaza, 3rd Floor, 92E Nguyen Huu Canh Street, 22 Ward, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Fax: +84 286 291 2281

Complaints & Reviews

Flight

Hello,
On the date of the flight attached the plane was on its way from Calgary to Toronto, just above Winnipeg, when the captain announced we were turning around and heading back to Calgary to remove two bags that weren't supposed to be on the plane (???) and to refuel. Why not land in Winnipeg?? This excuse seemed suspect to everyone aboard and completely ruined the whole flight pattern that day. What should have taken me 24 hours took 48 hours of travel time. I missed my connecting one way flight to Lima and my other connection to Pucallpa. There was no one way to Lima the next day so had to fly to Cartagena and then Lima and then Pucallpa. Not to mention the whole first flight there ware no screens working for any entertainment. The hotel i was put up in had cold warming air blasting out very noisily so had to turn it off and sleep in the cold, there were no thick blankets in the room. Needless to say it was an awful experience and i was late for the month retreat i just came out of, the reason i am only typing this now. I was off grid the whole time. I hope this can be compensated for some how, and i don't think a 15% coupon would cut it. It was just awful i will say again. Thank you for listening.
Monique Janes

Flight

missing flight

ac 791 WB 12, 2020 2 TICKETS
Arrived at airport 5:30 am proceeded to get the bag tags I could not print from home when tried at airport it would not let me print them
approached rep from AC she could not do it either sent us down to gate 14 to get bag tags waited in line got to counter asked for the tags she said too late the flight left looking at my watch it was 6:45 am sent to another line they could not help me sent me to united airline to get new flight and they did for the next day
had friends on the flight and told me people were in our seats and when asked they said they bought them last minute
looking for compensation for selling my seats also hotel had to stay in was $185 lost an excursion to Pearl Harbor in Hawaii at a cost of $400 USD I don't think I'm asking a lot when my trip was almost ruined my wife an I only travel Air Canada our whole life and debating on traveling with you again
Lawrence and Deborah Lunan
65-8 Arcadian Circle
Etobicoke On M8W2Z5

lost & found

This is not a complaint. Do you have a lost and found service?

We flew from Toronto to Honolulu on Feb 13, Flt 589. We believe we may have lost a charging cable for a smart phone on that flight. The cable is black, about 8 inches long with a USB on one end and a clamping device on the other end The clamp has 2 pins which are held against the back of the watch for charging.

We have checked with the manufacturer, and they will not sell the charging cable separate from the watch, so that is why we are pursuing this loss.

Can you advise if there is a way to get it back, if this is the case.

Thanks, Jim Wray

cancellation not responded and processed

After an itinerary change of my flight from San Diego to Halifax, I was not able to make any changes online anymore. In the meantime, my travel from China to San Diego has been canceled due to the coronavirus. So I have to cancel this flight too. I have been calling the reservation office in China and it never got through. I submitted a few cancellation and refund requests online since Feb 1st and never received any responses. I even asked a friend in Canada to call the reservation office there for me but they refused to process my cancellation. My flight is now happening in 3 days and I kept receiving reminder emails but I could not find any ways to simply cancel it. The customer services are terrible. The only option to cancel a flight is through the online booking system or call center, NEITHER OF WHICH WORKS AT ALL. I understand Air Canada is receiving a higher volume of requests at the moment due to the outbreak but you should at least make sure one of the cancellation mechanisms works. I don't even expect to receive my refund immediately - just want my flight to be canceled before it departs, OK? PLEASE CANCEL MY FLIGHT NOW. Thank you.

flight changes and bookings

I book flights for our engineering company. I am at my wits end trying to get through to Air Canada to cancel bookings under 24 hours so I'm not charged, or to change bookings that it won't allow me to do online, or to use a previous credit. At least 3X a day I am not able to get through... I know as soon as the Head honcho Jean Paul comes online that they're not taking any calls. The rest of the time I spend AT LEAST 1 hour and 45 minutes online.
Yesterday, when, after 1 hour and 46 minutes online, I was talking to a fellow who was helping me use a credit, he put me on hold to check it out and I hung up after another 50 minutes on hold. I was trying to persevere, but this is TOTALLY ridiculous... where do they get the balls to call themselves #1.
Who voted for that... Air Canada itself.

lousy service

Departure City: Montreal
Arrival City: CMN Casablanca
Ticket Number: [protected]

Horrible Pre-flight Experience

No way to contact Customer Service. Lousy phone system. Disconnected after 20 minutes. User unfriendly website. Asked for wheelchair. Most of the time, it's no show. Requested for seats close to aircraft door (before & @ the airport). Rep's answer "nothing available". It was assigned all the way back & not together! A group of 25, some of us lost connecting flight, luggage (for no reason). Everybody complained about the worst customer service & promised not to fly "Air Canada" again.

garbage

Absolutely ridiculous - they changed my reservation so that I can no longer make a connecting flight (all booked through Air Canada / Aeroplan, on the same ticket).

It took over an hour on hold before reaching a real person, only to be disconnected when they attempt to transfer the call.

On the Aeroplan line, there's a recording from some clown called Jean-François Gagnon indicating that he's in charge of this [censored]show. In the recording, he apologizes for not being able to put the call on hold, then the system simply hangs up.

Apparently they've got a new reservation system and higher than usual call volumes, yada, yada. Guess what, not our problem.

The executives at Air Canada should be cleared out and the feds should appoint a caretaker ombudsperson. Totally unacceptable for a national carrier to have such poor customer service.

extremely poor customer service

Claim Id: 482834
Confirmation Number: 33fd5e200a4a
Ticket No: [protected]
I was a medical volunteer on a humanitarian mission to Haiti that was cancelled at the last minute due to it being too dangerous, I asked for a refund of my ticket due to extenuating circumstances. I sent more emails and finally received a negative reply 2 months later. I have been offered a voucher but have to pay a rebooking fee that will be approx 300 dollars.

I also asked how I could change my remaining flights for this year to ensure I had enough AQMs to make 50k. The loss of the flight to Miami made me short. The delay in their reply has meant that it was too late to alter my flights and I have missed the 50K statute for 2020 by 3000 miles.

The hotel in Miami and American Airlines both refunded me the total amount within 48 hours - both bookings were 100% non-refundable and I have no history whatsoever with either. I am an incredibly loyal AC customer w >700, 000 miles. Every other member of the humanitarian team has been fully refunded.

I also contacted AC via Twitter and after a delay received this apology written in very poor English: " Our Social Media not having the authority to override decision take by our Customer Relations and Refund department, we will defer to them going forward. /Kenji"

How can a company take over 2 months to reply to a proven extremely loyal customer? I am disgusted and disappointed by their response. American Airlines sent me a beautiful letter thanking me for my humanitarian work. AC should be ashamed.

extremely poor customer service

air canada flight cancellation and lack of customer service

December 19th, Air Canada claims they cancelled a flight due to weather but other flights came in/out of Toronto and Winnipeg and conditions looked fine. They refused to grant hotel and food vouchers. They rebooked for 3 days later despite the passenger being in mid-voyage. They advised us to seek another airline to fly earlier. We incurred more than $850 additional costs in rebooking with another carrier and paying for our own hotel. There is no address to mail our claim and nothing on their website to input our costs.

delay on customer service line

Recently my wife's round trip tickets from Halifax, N.S. to Tampa Florida were severely altered, making them untenable for her to travel. I attempted to cancel or at least change the flight online, but was not allowed to. These flights, I believe, were partially or fully with Air Canada Rouge. I was informed that I had to call Customer Service which promptly put me on hold for over an hour. I am seeking a full refund and sincerely hope that I will have no trouble receiving it, under the circumstances. This level of service from any company nowadyas is unacceptable. I am sorry to say that, over the past several years, with about 40 flights under my belt, all of my issues with the exemption of one other time, have been with Air Canada. Also, unfortunately the support staff at the airport were not accomodating in trying to help me in the past. To be candid, Air Canada's customer service especially at the airports themselves, really has to up their game.

Corston Lane
[protected]@hotmail.com

the passenger next to me was 1/4 way into my seat. he did not fit into his own seat.

November 23, 2019. Flight Number AC1665. Ticket #[protected]. Flight from RSW to YYZ. The passenger in the Window Seat 21A was very overnight and did not fit into his own seat. He was 1/4 of the way into my seat 21B. The arm rest could NOT come down because he was into my seat. Became claustrophobic. Stood for an hour at back of plane. Even when the seat belt sign was on for turbulence. Advised all flight attendants of problem. They offered me free food and drinks. Plane was completely booked, although there was a passenger sleeping in the 2 seats at the back. The attendants would not disturb him.

The Passenger in 21A was last to board the plane. When I complained, I was told to wait because we were taking off. I did not take pictures as I did not want to embarrass the passenger.

I feel that the fault is Air Canada's as they should have asked this passenger to purchase 2 seats. I have also learned that a plane should not takeoff unless all safety measures are met. The arm rest did not come down at any point - not at take-off nor at landing.

I expect to get a full refund for this flight and further compensation due to both the dangerous situation I was put into and the fact that I had to stand for one hour and then was crowded into a seat that was partially taken over by the passenger in 21A

• Fe
    FedUpwithAC Dec 28, 2019

Awfully rude customer service!
    We felt we were discriminated because of skin color. While trying to board flight: AC563 from SFO to YVR on Christmas Eve 24 Dec 2019, our carryon which had travelled the world with many airlines with not a problem ever was not allowed to board. It fit the measuring device and others of similar size were allowed. There was another passenger of the same ethnicity who received the same discriminatory treatment. The front desk crew ‘Praveen’ sure made it known the airline does not need to be pleasant to passengers and threatened to deny us boarding when questioned. I would have cancelled the trip were it not for a family Christmas gathering the next day.
    Why would the airline put someone with such miserable disposition to be in a customer facing position?
    Whatever happened to Airline Passenger Bill of Rights?
    What happened to ‘customer service’? We are paying customers!

wheelchair services and phone service

Hi my tkt ref no ABKJKR my parents came from India by ac047 they can't get wheelchair services on Toronto airport and they're suffering troubles for connecting flights they can't get any help from air Canada or airport authority,
Now I want to change his ticket for return to back, so for that I called many times but air Canada customer service are not picking up call so what is the option to contact to air Canada [protected]

very poor service, who cares attitude and myself being a senior expected at least an apology from the worker in customer service at pearson.

Was travelling on business from Haifax to Raleigh, NC on November 10th. Flight was supposed to leave at 5:14 am. Late boarding because of late arriving passengers is what I wa...

no handicap service, missed/cancelled flights, no reimbursement on lost hotel/flights, ignored complaint

783 I have a travel issue/story I would love to be told. I will paste it below, but I think it is unique as it is almost comical in how horrible it was. It is ongoing to the point...

service

Hello, Yesterday, my husband ans I were travelling on a direct flight from Los Angeles to Montreal (flight 798), when we were told by the pilot that for technical difficultie...

Air Canada Vacations — our air canada vacation at the sunscape resort in curacao

Day 1 - Oct 13 - We traveled Business class and were told our bags would be priority, which they weren't. Our baggage came off on the wrong carousel and I had to go ask the Air...

refunding after air canada flight cancellation

Dear Air Canada, my wife, Maria Ferrari, and myself, Cosimo Garofalo, we had the tickets (PNA5NM and PMR7BR, respectively) for the AC710 of 2019.10.18, which have been cancelled (reasons: "airport limitations"). My wife's flight re-scheduled for 16.45 of 18th (>4 hrs delay) and mine for 12.55 of 19th (>24 hrs delay) . Both flights were unacceptable to us, because I, firstly, planned a job meeting in LGA airport and, secondly, at 20.25 of the 18th, we had an Alitalia flight (from JFK) to come back to Italy. We lined at your Customer Service of Pearson Airport and we did not receive alternative solutions. We lost our JFK flight and we had to buy new tickets (departure the same 18th) from Toronto to Italy. You informed my wife of a refunding of 7.35 CAD (and nothing for myself). We cannot accept this. I kindly ask you to refund us at least for the cost of the additional tickets: 1402.00 Euro.
Many thanks; kind regards,
Cosimo Garofalo (e-mail: [protected]@gmail.com; phone: +[protected])

food

I took a flight from Montreal to Tokyo. I ordered a vegetarian meal and was shocked as some of the food was frozen. When I inquired with the agent on board she advised me that she could do nothing and to let it defrost. I have a flight back on the 25th anticipating the same. As their social media relation team was no help, I plan to take this matter higher. After this flight, no more flying with Air Canada.

policy

I watched on the news that Air Canada is refusing to call customers ladies and gentleman, lest they offend the 0.03% of the world that is transgender. It is an appalling policy, and discriminates against 99% of the world population. Also, it is unscientific to the core to claim people can be non - binary or gender fluid. I am sickened to learn this

customer helpline getting aggressive and rude / seating issues

- October 12 2019
- Customer Service Rep : Houssyn, Client id: HH
- Wife is flying to Brazil and has serious anxiety with flying, seats were booked to be with people we know and she is comfortable with (Seats: 13A, 13C, 12C). When my wife checked into her flight only her seat had changed to 13E. I called Customer support to clarify why this happened, and how this will be resolved. I was trying to explain why we booked the seats and he then proceeded to get short with me and his tone changed to not wanting to deal with this issue. I continued pushing which he then actually looked up the seating with the flight and proceeded to say there was only one seat and there is nothing he could do. I explained how this is unacceptable treatment considering each ticket is over $2000.00 CAD. As i'm telling him this he began to get increasingly aggressive and shut me down as i'm in the middle of speaking. This is absolutely terrible customer service, and when I call with a situation that is not our fault the last thing I expected was a rude and aggressive Employee.

food service

Flew from Toronto to Copenhagen on Oct. 4, 2019. The flight takes 8 hours and I was looking forward to the promised meal. As I was sitting near the back of the plane, my row was one of the last to be served and there were no further meal selections other than pasta. When I removed the foil from the main dish I was disappointed to see a dish of pasta covered with a greasy looking tomato and cheese sauce. There was no taste to it. Served in a side dish was a small amount of couscous or bulgar with a few specks of parsley in it. It was very dry and again, tasteless. A stale bun was served with it along with a pat of very hard butter. Being rather hungry, I wolfed down the accompanied cookie which served as supper for me. When the staff were picking up the trays, I couldn't help but notice the number of trays where the food had barely been touched. This has to be one of the worst meals I have ever been served on an airline and I have flown a lot over the years. It was terrible to see all the food wasted but I wasn't alone in the my opinion of the food. Surely Air Canada can do better! I look forward to your response.

delayed luggage and flight cancellation and delayed flight

I left Toronto on Sept. 27/19 on AC31 to Hong Kong via Beijing. When I arrived at the
Beiing Airport for my connecting flight on CA117 to Hong Kong, I was informed by ground agent that flight CA117 was cancelled. The ground agent booked me on
CA101 the next day Sept. 29 to Hong Kong and assured me that my checked luggage will be with me on the same flight CA 101 to Hong Kong the next day. As a result, I was required to spend the night in Beijing. But, my checked luggage was not in Hong Kong when I arrived on Sept 29 at 11:30(33 hours later). I reported the missing luggage immediately to the ground agent at the Hong Kong Airport. After numerous calls (3 to 4 calls per day) to find out the status of my loss luggage, I finally received my delayed luggage on Oct 2/19 ( 6 days after leaving Toronto).

The above situation had given me great stress and inconvenience on this trip as I needed to buy the essential items until the arrival of my loss luggage
(6 days later). Please reimburse the out of pocket expenses of HK$932.50 to buy the necessary change of cloths and other personal items until my luggage was located and delivered to me. Also, the airline should compensate the inconvenience of delayed and cancelled flight resulting in an extra (14.5 )hours added to my journey.

David Luk
[protected]@sympatico.ca
Tag #AC239724
Incident report #HKGCA26032
Aeroplan#[protected]
Booking reference MUI8LA
ticket number [protected]

delayed luggage and flight cancellation and delayed flight

denied boarding and poor concierge service

Re: Aeroplan [protected]

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been flying Air Canada as an Aeroplan member since 1988, and have been either Super Elite or Elite 75k for much of the past decade. I am also a million mile member. As a cardiologist and McMaster University professor, I have volunteered medical assistance for countless Air Canada passengers over the years, including just last week on September 24 on AC 171 from Toronto to Edmonton. I now write to you to express my dissatisfaction with a recent Air Canada experience.

I took AC 667 on October 1, 2019 from St. John's to Toronto. The flight was delayed by more than one hour due to a mechanical issue. On arrival in Toronto, due to weather issues, we sat on the tarmac for more than another hour waiting for an open gate. I had a separately ticketed flight (business class) that same day from Toronto to Madrid, Spain (AC 836), which was due to depart at 610 pm. I made it to the gate at 604 pm and was denied boarding as the plane doors had closed. The gate agent was rude and condescending, and refused to identify herself to me. I asked to speak with a premium concierge. She spoke directly with a concierge and told me I would have to wait 40 minutes to meet with the concierge. During this time, the plane was still at the gate. I had no checked luggage, and was still denied boarding.

I then went to the Signature Lounge, where I was told a premium concierge would meet me in 30 minutes to rebook me on a later flight to Madrid. I was unable to get through to anyone on the Elite 75K phone line. I waited in the lounge for 75 minutes before the concierge showed up. He told me that he could not rebook me, but would accompany me to stand in line at customer service. As you can imagine, there was a long line at customer service, which he was not able to bypass. Had I known the concierge would be effectively useless, I would have gone to customer service 75 minutes earlier. As a result, by the time I was able to speak with customer service, there was no flight option for me until the following day. I was due to give a lecture at a conference in Madrid on October 2nd, which I obviously missed.

Having status over 30 years at Air Canada must come with some level of respect in how customers are treated. A million mile member, Elite 75K, seated in business class, should not be denied boarding simply because the ‘flight had closed'. Further, the concierge should have been much more effective.

I have volunteered medical services many, many times on Air Canada flights (check your records). The small price discounts offered on subsequent tickets in no way compensates me for my time, disruption to my travel companions, or risk. Yet I do this partly out of loyalty to Air Canada.

I have had many negative experiences over the years with your airline, but have not complained. With the impending launch of a new loyalty program, the details of which are unclear, and the utter lack of respect and loyalty shown by Air Canada towards me, it seems to be the right time to change loyalties. Hopefully Westjet will soon become a full Delta partner, affording me expanded flight routes and a much superior loyalty program.

Yours sincerely,

Milan Gupta, MD, FRCPC, FCCS

delayed flight ac1917 sept. 29, 2019

Flight number 1917 departing from Lisbon, Portugal to Toronto on Sept 29, 2019 sat on the tarmac for close to 5 hours. Boarding began at 11:50 am for a 12:50 departure. The flight was OVERSOLD, which I understand to be a regular practice however the removal of bags off the plane took an inordinate amount of time. Over 4 hours. We did not leave Portugal until 5:10 pm.
To make matters worse, the wifi which allows for 'entertainment' was not working throughout the entire trip AND I was charged for wine. Really?

When travelling in the past I have never hesitated in booking with Air Canada - after our last trip - I am afraid that that may no longer be true.

Under the Right to Compensation as outlined in Article 7 of the Regulation(EC)261/2004, I am requesting compensation of 600Euros.

Mohna Scrivens
6 Maberley Cres.
Toronto, ON M1C 3K8

no customer support after missing connecting flight.

On August 30, 2018 my partner, Scott Lee and I arrived from Toronto in Frankfurt via flight AC872. The plane arrived on time at 6:30am. We were directed to pass security, so did hundred of other passengers from various other planes, and Immigration. An escalator was not working and we had to walk a long distance to another passport control area. Due to a large amount of travelers, we missed our connecting flight LH4 to Hamburg. We approached the Lufthansa booth to explain our situation and were re-directed to Air Canada. The ground staff at the Air Canada ticket booth told us, because we paid our flight partially through Aeroplan, there is nothing she could do and if we book a connecting flight, our return ticket would be nil and void. No solution was offered. We were told to contact Aeroplan in Canada, but the office was closed between midnight and 7am. It was 8am in Germany and we had to wait 5 hours for the office to be opened. Aeroplan told us that Air Canada should have accommodated us with a connecting flight when we originally approached them at 8am. The Aeroplan staff spoke with Air Canada and provided us with tickets to Hamburg for 4pm, as well as informed us that our return tickets are valid and the Air Canada staff should have known this . My partner and I spent over 8 hours at the Frankfurt Airport and lost a full vacation day.
The Canada Air ground staff did not offer a solution, was rude and not accommodating at all, told us false information about our return flight being cancelled and caused extreme anxiety to me and my partner.
I am looking forward to a response from you and how I can be compensated for this extreme inconvenience.
Lisa Peel
[protected] or
[protected]@live.ca

cancelled flight

My 13 yr old son, Schneur Mangel was scheduled to fly on flight AC8170 August 27th
From Montreal Trudeau airport to Pittsburgh international airport leaving 14:00 pm
He was brought to the airport together with approximately 150 boys flying home from camp on that day.
Schneur arrives at the airport to find out his flight was cancelled.
Air Canada rebooked his flight for the following day the 28th which was his first day of school in Pittsburgh. As well, the plan was for him to fly with the comfort of many other boys his are going thru security and immigrations together as well as support waiting for his gate.
After I initiated a call to AC by phone,
A wonderful agent rebooked him same day same time but thru Toronto. However, the airline could not get his luggage on the flight in time.
Needless, to say this was a traumatizing day at the airport. I paid more for a direct flight to have the ease and convenience for a 13 yr old flying alone yet with a group on an international flight.
In the end, AC had to rebook him for the 28th at 14:00 not only having him miss first day of school, but leaving him to fly and pass security, customs, and be alone the next day.
As well, I had paid camp quite a bit for transportation to the airport and I had to pay out of pocket for him to get back to the airport the following day and to pay extra for him to be picked up from Pittsburgh on the 28th- since family couldn't pick him up on the 28th.
I am in disbelief that the airline offered no refund or voucher to take responsibility for canceling a flight that was the airlines fault.
It is my hope that AC will deal with this in an appropriate manner and refund me for all the extra out of pocket expenses and for Schneurs inconvenience as well as myself trying to deal with a 13 yr old left at airport to work this out while I'm on phone with an agent from a distance.
Please send appropriate refund to Devorah Mangel
210 Aberdeen Ave
Dayton oh 45419
[protected]@aol.com

• Updated by Devorah Mangel · Aug 29, 2019

Please respond ASAP- and I hope this will be dealt with accordingly without the need to use social media.

airline travel

First off, I was supposed to board a flight (AC8945) from Saint John to Toronto at 5:15 am to get to final destination in Regina for 9:45 am. My flight was changed and to be arriving in Regina later in the day however I am still sitting in an aircraft in Toronto where I have been waiting an hour to take off due to maintenance issues. What turned from a 6hr travel day to a 24hr travel day, where I missed work hours. This is absolutely ridiculous and the worst airline travel I have ever been on. I would like to be compensated for my missed time.

rescheduled flights

Booking ref QTGVWZ We booked our flights through Trailfinders (their booking ref TA2D93), back on 18/10/18. We were scheduled to fly from Manchester to London, then London to...

delayed flights with unaccompanied minor

My daughter whom suffers from anxiety flew for the first time, unaccompanied to New York from Toronto on Aug 15th 2019. We arrived at the airport 3 hrs in advanced. Flight ended up being delayed getting intoNY. When the Customer service rep told me it was okay to leave the airport at 3pm my daughter called me from the air craft saying the flight was grounded. It was a terrifying experience for an unaccompanied minor. Upon the return it was horrible. She was scheduled to leave at 1900 on Aug 18th... to make a long story short she is now getting home and it is Aug 19th at 2100 hrs. I had to cancel my shift at work. She spent two hours on the runway waiting to leave NY. There was no special assistance check in in NY to assist her. The Customer Service in Toronto told me she was in the air, while at the same time my sister was face timing me with the manager in NY at Air Canada whom said the plane is still grounded. This is a terrifying position to be in especially when it's my child... any child. I sat at the phone waiting to hear .. If I send you the lists of notifications of delayed flights and changes to a flight.. as a mother with a child somewhere out there... it is a very nerve racking experience. I would like this to be streamlined a bit tighter as there are way too many crazy people in the world today. To have a child being delayed and there not being someone allocated to assist them is just horrible. I was told Air Canada is one of the best.. If this is one of the best, I am afraid to find out one of the worst. [protected] [protected]@yahoo.ca My daughters name is Kesia Cowie Bernard. A partial refund would be nice or however you choose to rectify this. Kids are too precious to be left hanging in an unknown place, with unknown people, in an unknown enviornment.

Good will request

I made a request for a good will gesture from Air Canada. Up until the beginning of July of this year I was in contact with a customer relations person named
Aisha Khan. Since then I have sent tried to contact her but it seems like she is MIA.
I understand that my request is not the norm, however, some professionalism would be nice. Atleast resolved the issue on way or the other.

Here is what has transpired thus far:

Skip to content
Air Canada 1619
TPA to YUL Jan 12, 2020, 7:30 PM

Customer Care
Jun 24, 2019, 3:10 PM
Your case number is: CAS-1654736-T9N4T3 Dear Miss Sitahal, Thank you for your correspondence regarding your travel with Air Canada. I have reviewed your booking

Jul 4, 2019, 3:25 PM

Sheree Sitahal
Aug 8, 2019, 3:24 PM (11 days ago)
to Customer

Good afternoon,
I have not heard from you so this email is to confirm that you received the information to proceed with my request.
If you could please contact me to give me an idea as to the status of my file it would be greatly appreciated.
Respectfully,

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sheree Sitahal
Date: Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Good will reimbursement AC:[protected]
To: Customer Care

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019, 5:40 PM Customer Care wrote:
Dear Miss Sitahal,

Please review the requested information and provide it accordingly.

Air Canada

To serve you best, I kindly ask that you do not change the subject line if responding to this email.

------------------- Original Message -------------------
From: Sheree Sitahal;
Received: Tue Jun 25 2019 09:09:05 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
To: Customer Care Email;
Subject: Re: Good will reimbursement AC:[protected]

Good morning,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I've enclosed the details of our vacation below.
I hope this is what you need.
Regards,

Package Type: Air/Sea
Holiday Departure Date: 05 JAN 2019
Sailing Date: 07 JAN 2019
Stateroom: 1D 8074 Ocean View Balcony
Record Locator Booking Reference: AC PQH2Y5(Carrier)
AC NXP5FK

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL

YOU ARE CLEARED FOR ADVENTURE

To verify your itinerary, please log on to checkmytrip.com, using your record locator booking reference displayed above. Please check your booking details now, to make sure everything is correct.
Have questions about your flight? You can contact the airline in advance for any of these:
Reconfirm your flights
Request seating assignments (Note: May be subject to airlines fees).
Ask about baggage limitations or fees.
Confirm your airport terminal for check-in, verify your recommended arrival time, and print boarding pass.
Confirm which travel documents you'll need and review security measures.
If you arrive at the airport and experience a service issue with your carrier concerning airline tickets, please contact our Emergency Travel Team at [protected] or [protected].
If you're unable to locate any of your checked luggage upon arrival, or notice that your luggage has been damaged, you should follow these steps:
Notify your air carrier prior to leaving the airport and file a damaged or missing luggage claim.
Make sure to tell them that you are a Royal Caribbean® guest and the name of the ship you are sailing on.
Provide them with a copy of your Travel Itinerary (found on on the bottom of the page).
Provide them with these phone numbers: [protected] or [protected] so they can determine the ship's location.
Upon boarding the ship, notify our Guest Relations Desk representative of your delayed luggage situation.

GUEST 1 & 2 INFORMATION

TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS

Arrive Depart
Outbound Travel Arrangements:
05 JAN
05 JAN AC 485-MONTREAL QUEBEC (YUL)
AC 485-TORONTO (YYZ)

Post Cruise Arrangements:
Inbound Travel Arrangements:
12 JAN
12 JAN AC 1619-TAMPA (TPA), FL
AC 1619-MONTREAL QUEBEC (YUL)
10:34 PM 7:30 PM
Important Notice:
AC-485 - AIR CANADA - Operated By AIR CANADA
AC-1654 - AIR CANADA - Operated By AIR CANADA ROUGE
AC-1619 - AIR CANADA - Operated By AIR CANADA ROUGE

Cruise itinerary may change without notice as conditions warrant.

You have purchased NON-REFUNDABLE airline tickets through our Air2Sea program; please note that even if the fare allows changes, a fee and other restrictions may apply. Electronic Air Tickets (e-Tickets) are NOT TRANSFERABLE and name changes are NOT ALLOWED. If the reservation is cancelled on/before the originally ticketed departure date the value of the unused original non-refundable ticket may be applied within one year from original date of issue for future travel. All travel must be completed within one year from the original ticket issue date. Any unused ticket segments will have no value unless passenger cancels/changes ticketed flight reservations on/before ticketed departure date. Failure to cancel in advance can/will result in a loss of the entire ticket value.

For information regarding airline baggage fees and allowances that apply to your itinerary, click here: http://bags.amadeus.com.

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS NOTIFICATION: Customer is advised that certain common products, such as aerosol spray deodorants, can be hazardous when transported on aircraft in carry-on and/or checked baggage. Please review the complete list of restricted items provided on your respective carriers' website.

BRAND LOGO

c/o Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd., P.O. BOX
025511, Miami, FL, [protected], UNITED STATES,
www.cruisingpower.com

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM Customer Care wrote:
Your case number is: CAS-1654736-T9N4T3

Dear Miss Sitahal,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your travel with Air Canada.

I have reviewed your booking, and do not see any passenger on it with the name of Tiffany Menard. Please provide the following:

Passenger name/s as per travel document:
Travel date/s:
Ticket number/s:

Once I have this information, I am more suited to review your concerns, and provide a solution.

I look forward to resolving this matter for you shortly.

------ Original Message ------
From: sheree.[protected]@gmail.com
Sent: 2019/06/06 11:51 AM
Subject: Good will reimbursement
I booked and PAID FOR FLIGHT AND CRUISE with Royal Caribbean in January 2019. My stepdaughter, Tiffany Menard, who does not live with me, for some reason stopped communicated with me and I was not able to contact her (still until today). At this point everything was paid for.

As I have saved for quite awhile to afford to take my whole family on a vacation together I would like to ask Air Canada for a gift card in my name to use when I'm able to afford our next family vacation. For some $350 is not allot but for a single mom it makes a difference.

Thanks for you time and consideration,

Customer Care
Jun 24, 2019, 3:10 PM

Jul 4, 2019, 3:25 PM

Sheree Sitahal
Aug 8, 2019, 3:24 PM (11 days ago)
to Customer

Subject: Re: Re: Good will reimbursement AC:[protected]
To: Customer Care

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019, 5:40 PM Customer Care wrote:
Dear Miss Sitahal,

Please review the requested information and provide it accordingly.

------------------- Original Message -------------------
From: Sheree Sitahal;
Received: Tue Jun 25 2019 09:09:05 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
To: Customer Care Email;
Subject: Re: Good will reimbursement AC:[protected]

Good morning,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I've enclosed the details of our vacation below.
I hope this is what you need.
Regards,

Package Type: Air/Sea
Holiday Departure Date: 05 JAN 2019
Sailing Date: 07 JAN 2019
Stateroom: 1D 8074 Ocean View Balcony
Record Locator Booking Reference: AC PQH2Y5(Carrier)
AC NXP5FK

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL

YOU ARE CLEARED FOR ADVENTURE

Reconfirm your flights
Request seating assignments (Note: May be subject to airlines fees).
Ask about baggage limitations or fees.
Confirm which travel documents you'll need and review security measures.

GUEST 1 & 2 INFORMATION

TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS

Arrive Depart
Outbound Travel Arrangements:
05 JAN
05 JAN AC 485-MONTREAL QUEBEC (YUL)
AC 485-TORONTO (YYZ)

Post Cruise Arrangements:
Inbound Travel Arrangements:
12 JAN
12 JAN AC 1619-TAMPA (TPA), FL
AC 1619-MONTREAL QUEBEC (YUL)
10:34 PM 7:30 PM
Important Notice:
AC-485 - AIR CANADA - Operated By AIR CANADA
AC-1654 - AIR CANADA - Operated By AIR CANADA ROUGE
AC-1619 - AIR CANADA - Operated By AIR CANADA ROUGE

Cruise itinerary may change without notice as conditions warrant.

BRAND LOGO

c/o Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd., P.O. BOX
025511, Miami, FL, [protected], UNITED STATES,
www.cruisingpower.com

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM Customer Care wrote:
Your case number is: CAS-1654736-T9N4T3

Dear Miss Sitahal,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your travel with Air Canada.

Passenger name/s as per travel document:
Travel date/s:
Ticket number/s:

I look forward to resolving this matter for you shortly.

------ Original Message ------
From: sheree.[protected]@gmail.com
Sent: 2019/06/06 11:51 AM
Subject: Good will reimbursement

Thanks for you time and consideration,

delayed flight

I wish to complain about the appalling serive we had at Boston Airport on August 9th and 10th. 2019. Our flight was scheduled to depart August 9th at 8: 50.pm. We departed on Aug...

the worst experience flight with the first time with air canada. rouge

I want to complain about the horrible flying experience we had recently and my wife with air canada which is called Rouge from Athens to Montreal AC 1935 on July 19, 2019...

air canada flight

August 7, 2019 Charbel El-Hawi 1920 Kilborn Avenue Ottawa, Ontario K1H 6N4 Consumer's complaint about Air Canada's service, with the U.S. Department of Transportation...

customer care

I was travelling from Toronto to Melbourne with Air Canada and I checked in the night before and there were still no aile seats available. I have anxiety and I'm claustrophobic and I really need to feel like I can get out of my seat when I want to specially in a 14 hour flight. I tried talking to the staff at the airport but they said that they could not do anything. During my layover in Vancouver, I came early at the gate and tried to have my seat changed again, but they refused to help while they were bumping other passengers to their preferred seats. I really do not appreciate how I was treated and I feel like the agent did not do her best to help me with my condition.

service

While on board the 737 Calgary to Toronto flight (July 14, 2019) the carry on luggage in the overhead was jammed packed leaving me to ask the airline attendant to find room for my...

canceled flight

783 I had the worst experience with air canada for my son!!! . The flight Ac 7631 was canceled but they emailed that when we arrived in the airport and waited to get help for 3hrs and...

flight ticket - passengers details change request!

Dear Air Canada!

I would like to ask your help and mainly support as soon as it possible!

I have a long term emailing with AC customer service colleagues - but unfortunately nobody can helps me.

We have a booked flight ticket (Booking Reference: SAGSSA) but due to an accident unfortunately we can not travel on the booked date.
We do not ask for a refund, just to make it possible to change the name on the flight ticket for extra fee!!! so that 2 other friends can travel instead of us.
Or give us a voucher what we need to use in this year.

Customer service colleagues did not give us any possibility or help.

We are very disappointed that our first trip with Air Canada is not so customer friendly.
Unfortunately this accident was not planned, but we can't travel in this situation.

Please be indulgent and give us one of the chance described above.

I'm waiting your response very much. We have left very short time for the departure!
Trusting in your favorable response,
Miss Emőke Benedek

my email address: emo.[protected]@gmail.com
my phone nr: [protected]

missed connection and luggage problems

I want to complain about the horrible flying experience we had recently with Air Canada. We booked flight from SFO to DEL (India) and return. We didn't get one of our luggage while going from SFO to Delhi. While coming back from Del to SFO, after having a long 15 hrs flight from Delhi to Vancouver on July 06th AC0045 and ready to board at my connection to SFO, they didn't let me board because my luggage was not moved to the connecting flight. I missed my connection flight due to untrackable luggage and they gave me another flight from Vancouver to SFO after 24 hrs. next day that too a non-direct flight via LA taking 8 hrs for the 3 hrs route. My 24 hrs journey from India to SFO with my little kid turned into 48 hrs journey. After reaching SFO next day on 7th, still l didn't receive my luggage for which I missed my connection on 6th at the first place. I couldn't understand why luggage was not moved to my connecting flight at the right time and i had to come next day via LA. Even after wasting so much time, my luggage still not reached and received at the airport when i landed.

Please let me know if this is not the right place to register this complaint.

Ashish Gogia

air canada flights

June 6, 2019

Dear Air Canada,

I had an unpleasant experience yesterday (5 June 2019) on Air Canada with AC184 flying from Vancouver to Toronto, departing at 12:40 p.m.

We were told about 30 minutes or so before the flight was to start boarding that the flight was overbooked. Very few people (about two or three as far as I could tell) were willing to take the $200 to give up their seat and fly a few hours later. I was on the list of people who were going to be bumped. The only reason I wasn't bumped was because some passengers "from Delhi" were delayed and so some seats at the very last minute became available (after the two hundred and twenty other passengers had already boarded and only minutes before the plane was supposed to leave). There was no explanation for why the passengers "from Delhi" deserved to get seats and I didn't.

I was told the reason I was on the list to be bumped was because I had not purchased pre-assigned seat selection. There should be some indication on the website that declining to purchase seat selection will increase one's chances of being bumped in the event that the flight is overbooked. I didn't know this. Although I don't care about what particular seat I will be assigned I do care *a lot* about being bumped. I would have bought it for that reason. I will obviously do so in the future because now I know. I should have been informed earlier, not at the time I was about to be bumped.

Also I am skeptical that all of the remaining two hundred plus passengers had bought the pre-assigned seat selection and that is the reason that they were not bumped. I suspect that many of them had not bought seat assignments and that what I was told was a lie. This brings up another problem, namely the lack of transparency about who gets bumped and who doesn't and for what reasons. Was it because Air Canada has some deal with a travel company and their customers are guaranteed to have a seat? Was it because family members of Air Canada employees decided after the flight was all booked to fly and were given seats? Was it because Air Canada had been doing a poor job of organizing its personnel and their movements? Was it because Air Canada has agreements with other airlines to give priority to their passengers when they are taking connecting flights with Air Canada? Was it just a matter of general problems about how to plan bookings for flights or make decisions about who are going to be bumped? Is some randomizing procedure applied to determine who will be bumped? If so how does it work? Why was I on this horrible list?

There are issues here about competence, lack of honesty, lack of transparency and possibly unethical practices that need to be investigated.

The bottom line is that Air Canada must state when you are buying your ticket that if you don't purchase seat assignments then your chances of being bumped are greater in the event the flight is overbooked.

I plan to file a complaint with Transport Canada, but on their website they advise one to contact the airline first. That is what I am doing.

Yours truly,

Graham Craig Fraser

complaining about a passenger on ac834 booking ref: kkmyf5 on 17 may coming from montreal to geneva

Dear Sirs,

I was Flying from Canada to Beirut Via Geneva on Air Canada AC835 Booking Ref:KKMYF5 on 17May 2019, A problem Happen on the fly to Geneva that a passenger on my back seat was drug and he vomit on himself and on my seat, I was oblige to stand up mot of the fly from Canada to Geneva, there was no place to be seated except the Hostess place witch is forbidden.. On the top of that I have a total Hip replacement that make me very painful when i stand up long time and the fly was late arriving to Geneva we was oblige to take the MEA Plane without any Stop or Brake on Geneva Air port.
All the crew of Air Canada was very Nice to me, thy understand my Case, you can investigate regarding the mater.

Best regards,