Having problems with Air France?

Air France Customer Service Contacts

1300 390 190 (Australia)
1800 266 0048 (Mexico)
+1 800 237 2747 (USA & Canada)
+44 207 660 0337 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 590 442 (Ireland)
+32 26 200 184 (Belgium)
+420 225 439 797 (Czech Republic)
+45 82 332 701 (Denmark)
+31 206 545 720 (Netherlands)
+351 213 164 027 (Portugal)
+41 848 747 100 (Switzerland)
+852 25 019 433 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 927 2257 (Indonesia)
+60 377 248 181 (Malaysia)
+63 25 886 900 (Philippines)
+966 800 850 0361 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 155 111 (Singapore)
+27 102 050 100 (South Africa)
+82 234 831 033 (South Korea)
+66 26 100 808 (Thailand)
+54 115 983 9370 (Argentina)
45, rue de Paris
Tremblay-en-France, Virginia
France

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Air France Customer Service. Initial Air France complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Air France above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Air France. Discuss the issues you have had with Air France and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Air France Complaints & Reviews

Air FranceFlight cancelled, refund nowhere to be found

Because of Covid, I had to reschedule my March 15, 2020 flight. By August, I received an email stating that they had to cancel my November flight to France. So I asked for the refund option.
I called after the 90 days time frame they said it would take to get the refund. They still were processing the refund. Then I got an email stating they process it, but it might take 2 months for the money to be put back on my credit card.
Beware!! Of AirFrance, not trustworthy, not a real business.

Air Francemistreatment of me at terminal gate in paris

On 14 Dec 2019 I was waiting to board flight AF 688 to Atlanta, Georgia. My wife was ahead of me in line and I tried to catch up to her and one of your agents grabbed me by the arm and said I couldn' do that. I told I was just trying to be with my wife and asked to see my passport after I had already been verified by another agent but he insisted. He took my passport went to the desk and after a while he came back and said I need to go to the desk and then I was subjected to a search of me and my carry on. My complaint is your agent has no right to grab my arm and man handle me. I told this agent not to ever touch me again. Then when I was put through a search this was just a form of harassment by this agent! I'm considering getting an attorney on this matter against air france. The treatment of Americans by your air line is rude and uncalled for and I have spoken to others who feel the same about your air line!! I qould like something done about this matter. The agent was an oriental man at the boarding gate!!

Air Francediverted flight af499 - 16th november 2019

We were flying from St.Maaten to Manchetser, we boraded on time and then sat on the tarmac for about 15 mins, we were then told that the plane was too heavy and we were been diverted to Guadalope for refulling which would take one hour, we landed at Guadalope and sat on the tarmac for one hour to be told we would have to go to a different gate to start refulling which would take another hour, we finally set off back towards Paris, becasue of the divert we missed our flight connection and so were diverted to Amsterdam and then Manchetser, the flight attendants on Air France were rude, very unhelpful and basically didnt care, they refused to speak english to us, we booked extra leg room seat and there was no difference what so ever.
      On returning to UK i placed a complaint and an application for compensation, we were then blamianity lied to saying it was an advise weather condition, on checking the weather for the whole of the day and night in the North Atlantic ocean there was no diverse weather at all, Air France are lieing so they dont have to pay out

Air Franceonline booking process

I was booking a flight for a family trip online.
        The flight was for 6 of us from Paris to Berlin.
        I got all the way through putting in all the passenger details and excess baggage to the point of making payment and the online tool glitches on me and locked me out.
        When it refreshes it sent me to the start again where in the space of seconds the price had increased from $195 to $230 a ticket (before adding additional baggage).
        I can't understand where the honesty lies with this booking process. This is very deceptive and the fact that the system shut me out just as I was about to make the payment is something I should not be penalised for now with higher prices. When I asked your online team via messenger they could only say that it is dependant on flight availability. To that I say the flight was available and had progressed me through to payment. However as I was not quick enough to take note of / or a screen shot of the booking reference they can't help me.
        Very unhappy and I will be placing my thoughts of this on trip advisor and other review forums as this is not customer service.

Air Franceluggage claim

Simon Semaan & Serena Valcepina
          Flight from Paris to Beirut 08 April 2019 AF566
          Returned with destroyed luggage & immediately made a claim
          File Reference BEYAF17759/08APR19/125GMT
          2 phone numbers / repair / replacement shops were given
          We traveled to both shops at great cost of time & money
          None of the repair / replacement shops had good quality selections or were even willing to repair / replace - these shops are very unprofessional for the name of Air France & carry ancient luggage that does not match for a modern professional & the time to deal with them takes too long

32" Grey hardside, silver upright, 6lbs lightweight, built-in TSA locks, spinner from Italy MANCINI EST. At claim is USD300

May we simply purchase & be refunded

Air Francecustomer service / reservation

Even though I am an Air France frequent flyer, I have been contacting Air France CS / Reservation for 15 days via Messenger and Twitter to reserve my return flight without getting a reply.
            No email service found.

If an supposedly International Airline behaves this way, no wonder its experiencing low customer satisfaction, desertion and financial difficulties.

Air Franceflight attendant

Date: November 15, 2018
              Flight Number: DL8672
              Seat: 28E

On the above mentioned date/flight, I was sitting next to a young white female who was assigned seat 28F. This female continuously poked my right arm hard to awake me to use the restroom and I let her out. The second time, she grab my arm to awake me while I was sleeping and I asked her not to touch me, instead touch me softly. She began shouting, asking if I had ever been on a plane before and I should not had gotten an aisle seat. She told me not to move and proceeded to jump over me and called me a [censored] and went to the restroom.

I went to the back of the plane and informed the male flight attendant of the incident. He accompanied me to my seat and asked me to identify the passenger who had returned to the seat. He asked her if she called me a name and she stated irately (waking passengers who were asleep) she uttered some words under her breath and that she denied continuously poking/grabbing my arm. The flight attendant left and returned and asked if I wanted to move to a middle seat up front and I replied no, I will remain where I was.

I was very dismayed with the flight attendants resolution, as if I was the aggressor and he did not believe anything I said. Passengers should never touch another passenger regardless as they never know if there are medical issues, etc... In addition, it is my opinion the aggressor should have been removed from the plane or reseated.

Air Franceon board service

Very very rude flight attendant - didn't have space for our luggage in our row, no one to help and kept interrupting me while I was asking if I can put it two rows in front -
                And said the stupidest things I ever heard: because of plan balance, you SHOULD put it in the back! What an idiot!

Sitting in row 15, space in row 10, but luggage in row 24 now - will never try Air France ever again

Air Francelost bag

My sister-in-law came to Toronto on May 27th, 2018 flying from Moscow to Toronto via Paris. Her bag was lost and it's July 11, 2018 today and we still have no information on our bag.

First of all, the customer service of Air France is the worst of any other company I've used before. I spoke to 5 different agents on the phone and everyone gave me different information. The first person told me to wait for a few days and that we would receive a call/email from AF about our bag. The second person told me to wait 21 days to get an email/call with the search results from AF. The third person told me to wait 60 days to receive an email/call. The fourth person told me that the case had been sent to a Russian office and that they would contact us soon. After waiting for 2 more weeks I called again and the fifth person told me that the previous info about Russian office he doesn't know if it is true or not and that we now have to wait for 90 days.

AF - is this even REAL????????? How do you train your staff????? Why no one can tell me an honest answer on the whole procedure regarding the lost bag??? Do you even value your customers or you just don't care?

My sister-in-law is 15 and it was her first trip to Canada. She is still upset about the lost items and we have to spend so much money out of our pocket to buy her new clothes. We also had so many gifts from our parents and relatives that we haven't seen for 5 years and everything is lost!!!

I am so disappointed with this miscommunication that I wrote a complaint on an official AF website. You know what - no one responded back to me!!!

By the way, we are still waiting for the first cheque for the NECESSITY PURCHASES - it's almost 2 months and it's somewhere we don't know where.

Our family was a regular AF customer for the last 8 years - you've lost our trust in a day.

Air France — delayed baggage on flight af 452, paris, charles de gaulel to amman, jordan, may 30th 2018

On May 30th 2018 my wife traveled from Paris CDG to Amman Queen Alia. Her baggage did not arrive on same...

Air FranceI had 2 strollers lost

Our flight was on 15 September. From beirut to bordeau at 7:55 am and the connection was at Charles de Gaulle airport . When we reach bordeau city or luggage did not arrived so we waited 5 hrs to receive them ( they came with the next flight) but unfortunately we had 2 stroller that we didn't received yet . I am back to beirut now and nothing received till now.

Air France — uncomfortable premium economy seat

Re: Reservation # N9OZWK Jason Scott Marquess My client, flew from DXB to YVR via CDG on AF Sept 10. He...

Air Franceflight overbooked

Flight Air France 567 Cairo-Paris CDG -Montreal - Ottawa
                      Itinerary # [protected]
                      Expedia booking ref. S3BRD7 12:40am on 4/9/2017
                      Ahmed.Eliwa arrived Cairo airport to checkin to be informed plane overbooked !!!
                      Ticket was changed to: Cairo-Amman-Chicago-Montreal - Ottawa
                      Instead of reaching Ottawa 4/9/2017 6:00PM
                      He reached Ottawa 5/9/2017 6:00PM
                      Slept in a hotel in Cairo till the plane to Amman 6:45AM
                      Plane from Amman was late 1hr 33min to reach Chicago late loosing the plane to Montreal to sleep in a hotel in Chicago to take the plane the following day to Montreal although there was a direct plane to Ottawa
                      5/9 was the first day of his new job that he did not attend
                      This was a disastrous trip with a very bad experience with Air France
                      He was badly affected psychologically & physically .
                      Kindly need your feedback & how will you compensate him.

Thank you.

Air Francedouble charge on baggage and need to get the refund.

On the flight number AF1023 from MUC (Munich) to CDG (France) on August 07 2017. I did a on line check in and purchased one baggage fee under the name of Thuan Thi Tran Dang.
                        When arrived at the Munich Airport and check in the baggage, I mistakenly checked in my baggage under the name of Loc Vo, instead of Thuan Thi Tran Dang and was charged an additional 35.0 Euro; Passenger Receipt 07AUG17 - 2340092.
                        I would like to get a refund of 35 Euro.

double charge on baggage and need to get the refund.

Air France — Bad customer service

I had a reservation for months to go on a Best of Europe Tour from New York.The tour was paid for. I got...

Air FranceClaims for Air France Flight Delay

I have been an Air France customer since 2004, and my husband, since 2009. I have been flying to Paris once or twice a year and I have never experienced
                          a flight delay with Air France before.

On 30 Jan 2015, the daily Air France flight from Singapore to Paris was due to take-off at 1.05am and was delayed due to
                          the fact that Air France had not got clearance from air traffic control to fly over Afghanistan or Algeria.

Because of that, all passengers who were on board the flight had to wait in their seats at Singapore Changi Airport for over an
                          hour before the plane could take-off.

Our flight AF259 was due to arrive in Paris Charles De Gaulle airport at 8.05am on the 30 Jan 2015. However, the flight arrived in Paris at 9.30am.
                          As a result of Air France's flight delay and with the luggage only being released at 9.45am, by the time we rushed to the connecting terminal, the plane had already departed.
                          Because of our previous flight delay by Air France, we had missed not one but two connecting flights for Edinburgh via London at 10.40am.

We had to purchase a new set of tickets immediately in order to reach our destination.

Upon arriving back in Singapore, we wrote in to the customer service just as we were told at the Air France office in Paris. Two weeks passed with no response
                          from Air France so we called up the customer service hotline.

We were shocked to be told that no one was assigned to handled our case ever since we lodged our complaint two weeks ago.

The next day, Air France e-mailed us and said that they are unable to accept any liability for any loss due to the "unexpected nature" of this incident.

There is nothing "unexpected" if this is a daily routine for a daily flight from Singapore to Paris.

Due to the fact that Air France has one of the shoddiest customer service (The customer service department is only opened weekdays from 9.30am to 11am and 1pm to 2.30pm) and prefers to avoid all blame than admit that they made a mistake, fess up and reimburse
                          their clients for any loss incurred due to the irresponsibility of Air France staff and/or management, we are sad to conclude that this airline does not value loyalty or customers.

Therefore, we are unable to fly with such an airline. neither would paris be the anchor destination in any of our future vacation/ plans.

Goodbye after 11 years.

Air France — Boarding Passes

My wife and I recently traveled to Beirut, Lebanon from Poltava, Ukraine. We booked our travel on Air...

Paris

Air FranceBaggage damage and customer care

Recently flew from Johannesburg (South Africa) and had a connecting flight in Paris then to London. Once in London I found my check in bag severely damaged. The wheels, casing and handle were all cracked. 1 wheel was completely broken off! I had to carry this 21kg bag on my own and I have a misplaced vertebra which causes me severe back pain. Never the less I mailed the airline and included all the relevant documents...no response. So I completed an online form, finally after a month I was contacted and was told I will only be reimbursed 37 pounds and was laughed at when I told them about how much inconvenience they had caused me. After this conversation with pathetic customer care personnel, I assumed I would be reimbursed I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THAT MONEY! I have sent continuous tweets to AirFrance and they have responded and said they would contact me by the end of the day... still nothing has been done! This is the worst experience I have ever had with any organisation. Its disturbing and dissapointing.

Baggage damage and customer care
                            Baggage damage and customer care

Klm Airlines + Air France AirlinesRefund

I contacted KLM website since I wanted of getting a refund and not using a returning flight. I CLEARED state that on one of my emails to KLM customer service. In any of the messages sent by KLM I was informed of the regulations above prior to requesting my refund. KLM customer service replied to me saying that I was able to request a refund.

On my first email I was cleared stating that I DID USE one leg of the flight and I needed a refund for the second one. I received a reply telling me to follow the procedure online to apply for a refund and it will cost me USD 200.

KLM employees can see each individual situation and they should be able to inform their customers what they are going to receive or not.
                              Not informing and clarifying the amount prior to finish the refund process is really bad and it looks to me a little bit tricky.

I wasn't expecting to receive a full amount over a refund. I thought I would receive the fair amount for the second leg. Every time we purchase any AIR FARE ticket online it shows how much we are paying for each leg and other airline companies often offer a refund or an option of holding the ticket for UP TO AN YEAR to use it. I purchased the most expensive ticket that allowed me to get a refund.

I paid a total of BRL 3, 221.54 and got an email showing that I was going to be refunded of BRL 160.87 This is simply OUTRAGEOUS!

It feels like KLM did want to mislead me for an error like not letting me know the regulations prior of requesting a refund so I would loose money.

I contacted KLM several times and asked them to stop the refunding process because I didn't agree with the amount they were going to pay for the ticket but their customer service refused to do. I requested the right to pay the fine of USD 200 and be able to use the ticket in a near future but they also refused to stop the refunding process and let me use the ticket.

I am still trying to reverse their decision via legal option.

• Al
                                  alain61 Aug 04, 2014

Similar experience for me and my family. AF/KLM are clearly in red ink and it seems their strategy for getting more money is to abuse their customers. My recommendation: avoid at all costs.

Air FranceDamage to my goods.

Flight - AF1905/[protected]/Rome – Paris/Economy/
                                13 September 2013.
                                Dion mohan +27 [protected]

Durban KZN 4000
                                South Africa

On this flight [Rome flight AF1905 to Paris -Johannesburg final destination]; I was not allowed to carry my irreplaceable religious statue of The Virgin Mary which I had purchased from Medugorje. This statue was my hand luggage as it weighted 6.5kg. I was told by the Supervisor of security that I would be able to carry my statue on board if I had taken out of the box. And then another gentleman then instructs I had to pay for it as additional luggage. It was a situation of two opposing decisions from your assistants; rude and abrupt service and unfriendly attitude. Not a single promise was displayed or the values displayed by any of your staff. I questioned the safety of my fragile statue. I was assured that the statue will be safe and due to it being FRAGILE it will be well taken care of and will not be damaged in any way. With the airlines assurance and to my resistance I eventually had paid the 100 euros and booked the statue in. The Italian Airport terminal did not even have FRAGILE stickers available. These are your staff members representing your brand; I am the customer keeping your airline in the sky...surely their experience and training could have assisted me better and represented your promises better?  Surely they could have advised or assisted me better?

On arrival to Johannesburg air-port I picked up my statue and the box was damaged and smashed. Clearly it had been thrown in and out the plane; other boxes packed on it and definitely no care taken of it at all. I opened the box and discovered the statue completely shattered. I then go to your claims counter and I think you should rename it the" I DON'T KNOW" counter rather than CLAIMS because all the assistant could tell me was I DON'T KNOW...to all my questions. The one time she was almost helpful was when she suggested that I should have went to Pick and Pay in Rome (there is no Pick and Pay in Rome) and bought a large plastic crate. I was speechless with that comment. Air France should be worried as this is the level of service from your highly trained staff. I am not an expert but I can suggest you spend less money on advertising and more on training your staff on your promises for a good start.

Air France has failed on all your promises...Air France doesn't know what should and shouldn't be hand luggage allowed on a plane...Air France doesn't  know what FRAGILE handling is or how to handle FRAGILE valuable items...Air France is rude; unfriendly and  poorly trained in Customer Service and in dealing with Customers valuables. Air France is more interested in me paying 100euros and leaving their sight. I am the customer that keeps Air France flying.

My statue is badly damaged shattered and irreplaceable. To assist me in the slightest Air France can refund me my 100euros I paid for Air France to shatter my statue and the cost of 80euros for the statue. And I promise to grate out of my mind the awful Air France experience.

mandy78 Jun 26, 2014

they caused us to miss our conecting flights over there pilots not having there luggage made us sit for hours im casablaca overnight in paris got home day later