Air Canadaunwarranted change in itinerary

S

On 1 September 2006 i booked an online return flight ticket from st. john's newfoundland to boston massechausettes under a seat sale offered by air canada. Departure date: 29 October 2006; Return 4 November 2006.

I purchased the ticket in good faith understanding that my flight departures and arrivals (aka the scheduled flights) would be honoured unless there was some cancellation of the flights i had booked upon.

This is a business trip and i cannot afford lost time for rescheduling.

over the next 10 days (to 11 September 2006), two updates were made to my original itinerary bookings.

As it happens, Air Canada has changed my itinerary which has now placed me on an unacceptable layover in Halifax for 8 (eight) hours on a Saturday.

Again this is a business trip and this rescheduling will force me to charge my employer for overtime which neither i nor my employer anticipated under my original itinerary. Further, i have family obligations on the weekend of my return which will now be interupted.

It is my opinion that Air canada cannot simply book fares at a reduced rate and then move those ticket holders around on different flights at Air Canada's convenience simply to make more money on the high demand flight times.

I booked the flight times on 1 September 2006 because they were most amenable to my business and family scheduling.

I consider the updates Air Canada has proposed to be a breach of promise on the part of Air Canada and expect my original itinerary to be honoured.

Please if you can help me in this matter let me know.

Scott Grant

• Al
    Alan Gryn Nov 22, 2007

I am another individual that was not aware of Aeroplan's "new policy" and a victim of lost points in this pump and dumb scheme "due to inactivity". For a program that is designed as a customer loyalty mechanism it is a shockingly repugnant and ironic decision I have just discovered. I hope Air canada takes comfort in it's reduced liability in redeemable rewards points it offers to loyal customers... soon there wont be many left of either.

Alan

• Un
    unhappykelly Jun 28, 2010

If you want to sign up for this class action suite you can do so online at:
    These thieves must be stopped. I lost 40, 000 points today, and only noticed when expecting to book a trip to Mexico for a family wedding, after years of saving points through business travel. Down with Areoplan!!! I will actively post everyone so you can all get involved also.

• Sp
    SPatel Apr 01, 2011

they are the biggest jackasses

• El
    Elena deed meet Aug 14, 2018

Elena was not even trying to help my situation.

She took one look at me and her answer was always NO. Not, let me see what I can do to help, or Im sorry I cant help you but let me ask my suoervisor. It was just NO NO NO.

She shouldnt be working in customer service if thats always gonna be her answer.

• Cy
    Cynthia Aranda Aug 15, 2018

Worst airline ever first of all my flight was delayed you guys couldn't even send a email let me or something them i had to stay over night in Toronto over my flight being cancelled them my bag went missing they telling me they have no idea where it is how can that happen how can they lost a bag never again flying with air Canada

• Al
    alfredo lozada Aug 20, 2018

Dear Customer Service
    My bag did not arrive today at Rome Fiumicino airport. Bag TAG 0014AC208322. Date 27 may 2018. Complain voucher is:
    FCOAC13203
    ETKT0145144973280
    I need my suits for attending IAS medical congress in Toronto and here in Genova. Please contact me asap to my mail [email protected]

Alfredo Lozada

• Se
    Sean Teng Aug 20, 2018

Upon boarding the plane they randomly ask people to see if the their carry on fits their luggage sizer which they NEVER do in my 10 years of travelling with them.

Wasted my time and the agents were just rude too.

Air Canada shout have stayed bankrupt avoid if u can

Christina Sakali Sep 10, 2018

Poor quality. High price. Dry tobacco, long sticks in them. Filters fall off

• Ic
    Ic22 Nov 13, 2018

Flew from Hong Kong to Vancouver on AC 0008 had gluten free option. On flight only had 2 lemon with hit water, bun with margarine, and chicken wrap. I suspect the wrap. Vomited 3 hrs after arrival next day diarrhea severe. ANyone else please post to this.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices