Air Canada — unwarranted change in itinerary
On 1 September 2006 i booked an online return flight ticket from st. john's newfoundland to boston massechausettes under a seat sale offered by air canada. Departure date: 29 October 2006; Return 4 November 2006.
I purchased the ticket in good faith understanding that my flight departures and arrivals (aka the scheduled flights) would be honoured unless there was some cancellation of the flights i had booked upon.
This is a business trip and i cannot afford lost time for rescheduling.
over the next 10 days (to 11 September 2006), two updates were made to my original itinerary bookings.
As it happens, Air Canada has changed my itinerary which has now placed me on an unacceptable layover in Halifax for 8 (eight) hours on a Saturday.
Again this is a business trip and this rescheduling will force me to charge my employer for overtime which neither i nor my employer anticipated under my original itinerary. Further, i have family obligations on the weekend of my return which will now be interupted.
It is my opinion that Air canada cannot simply book fares at a reduced rate and then move those ticket holders around on different flights at Air Canada's convenience simply to make more money on the high demand flight times.
I booked the flight times on 1 September 2006 because they were most amenable to my business and family scheduling.
I consider the updates Air Canada has proposed to be a breach of promise on the part of Air Canada and expect my original itinerary to be honoured.
Please if you can help me in this matter let me know.
Thank You in advance,
More Air Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Aircanada.com / Aeroplan - Aeroplan sucks!
- Air Canada / Aeroplan Card - Points were canceled without notification!
- Air Canada - possible food poisoning
- Air Canada Aeroplan Support Carlson Marketing - Redemption Rewards Services
- Air Canada - delays resulting in miss connection
- Air Canada - charges for cancellation of refundable tickets purchased from agent
- Air Canada - flight canceled, no, help
- Air Canada - nerve wrecking flight from edmonton to calgary in broken aeroplane.
- Air Canada - missed connection and luggage problems
- Air Canada - downsize of the plane and didn't get on