Menu
Air Canada
reviews & complaints

Air Canada
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

325 complaints
22 resolved 303 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Air Canada. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:42 am

Air Canada - Booking Reference: 2N3FQP

i ARRIVED IN dENVER WITH NO LUGGAGE HAVING BEEN TOLD IN mONTREAL i COULD NOT FLY UNLESS MY LUGGAGE ACCOMPANIED ME. # DAYS BEFORE i GOT IT

Just to summarize my unpleasant flight / trip of 2021 from YYT To Denver Co.

After been assured in Montreal that my luggage was on board I arrived with no luggage for 3 days which was disturbing when I had a function to attend. While in Denver I received emails from Air Canada notifying me of flight changes of which I spent my precious time on the phone to find out it was a mistake, not once buy 2 or 3 times. That's not how I wanted to spend my time with my family as we mourned the death of my brother. Sad indeed. Someone wasn't paying attention.

I had purchased 2 onboard meals and I never got anything on my return flight.

In the midst of Covid19 this had to be my worst experience with Air Canada. The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Staff were so confused it was unreal. Arguing amongst themselves in my presence as to what to do isn't good enough, therefore I was left alone in the wrong area in Montreal airport without no one around me for some time and almost missed my flight back home to St. John's. The person who took me to my departure gate told me I had been left in the wrong area. Stressed is an understatement for me as a Senior. I have been flying Air Canada for many years but I'm having second thoughts after this ordeal.

This is the second time I've made this complaint and got no reply.

I'm a very dissatisfied Air Canada customer and I'm hoping for a favorable reply in the near future, one which will help me decide if I will fly Air Canada again.

Regards

Angela Fleming

Desired outcome: Refund. An apology won't compensate me for that experience.

D
3:09 pm

Air Canada - regarding boarding

Recently on April 2 I have a flight that go to Delhi from toronto pearson airport in morning. I reached there before 2 hours and 30 minutes before takeoff and the timing of flight was 9.45 am . I am filling my details there and there was a last name problem on that counter. After 3 minutes the manager come in front of me and tell me the boarding was closed and what i still have time. This was purely injustice done with me and that flight departure at 10.46 am that cost me 945 $ to reschedule and no one help me. Please do justice with me. Refund my money please.

B
7:22 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Air Canada - Poor customer service on phone line Mar 30th 2022 3:41pm Toronto time

I need to do a booking of 4 tickets from YYZ to YVR using a flight credit coupon. After a long wait of nearly 2 hours, Air Canada personnel called me back on 3:41pm. If Air Canada wants to identify this person, I can provide my phone number so that they can retrieve of who that person is. She is a young girl with a Chinese accent. Actually the whole conversation should be tapped and Air Canada management can review her customer service with her. Her attitude is very bad . She keeps on asking me to do it online with the booking. I told her first time "no". Then after a while, she asked me again to book online so that she can serve other customers. I am a customer who have waited for 2 hours and she doesn't want to serve me. How ridiculous! I then told her I am not good with the online booking so I want her help. After a while, she said again to book online. I then become very angry because I told her many times I do not want to do online. I need someone's help because there will be a difference in the price. She explained herself again that she wanted to serve me but in a bad attitude. Then the atmosphere becomes very angry. I do not want to speak to her so I ask to speak with her boss. She did not want to give to the boss and said she doesn't have one. How ridiculous! Then I ask for her name. This time, she put the line on hold. After 5 minutes, she returned and apologized and transferred me to another customer service. However, she still did not answer my question. It seems that she doesn't have a name and a boss. I am 55 years old and cannot understand this kind of customer service. I understand that I am using a coupon but I am still a customer who have paid the coupon. Thank you for listening.

Air Canada - air canada vacations

i have now tried for 3 weeks to add my flights to my cruise. the last 2 days alone i have been on hold for 10 hour! still on hold right now for 5:45 and yesterday for over 4 before the line dropped on your end. REDICULOUS.

How can i get the flights added without more issues!

you can call me at 403-651-8177

This was paid for almost 3 years ago, you have my money, i want my flights!

Or do i have to take this further.

Rob

Desired outcome: get my flights

R
1:20 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Air Canada - Confirmed booking 30593q seats 03f & 04c - flight ac971 joseph william paul pepin/richard arthur widmer

This is our 7th Complaint regarding this matter with no response. We arrived at PV AC priority checkin Feb 20/2022. After 1 1/2 hours of embarrassing, intimidating, humiliating & disrespectful treatment we were continually told we were not on the manifest for Flight AC971. Our confirmed Business class seats were not available. We asked for a manager. When she arrived she restated their position & said we would need to pay for new seats & nothing available until Feb 27/2022. This was not acceptable to us & the manager made a phone call. After further discussion on the phone she offered 2 economy seats on Flight AC971 if we paid for them. Not acceptable as we already paid for round trip seats. Manager finally stated we could have the economy seats & deal with the costs later. We agreed to take the seats. We do not understand why Air Canada will not deal with this matter as we paid upfront for Business class seats round trip Vancouver & back from Puerto Vallarta. Our great 3 week vacation was totally unhinged & ruined by this serious error made by Air Canada.

CC: Canadian Transportation Agency

CC: Porrelli Law Group

Desired outcome: Return all our Aventura points & refund the $3139.84 additional charges to our credit card used to book the flight. We would appreciate a response.

8:16 pm

Air Canada - Baggage delays

Air Canada delay the delivery of my bags two days. While they try to deliver it to my door within the 24 hours of my arrival, they failed to do so because the delivery company they used did not leave the bag at my home when I didn't answer the door (because we were not at the place and didn't receive their call letting us know to be there). As a result, I only received the bag 48 hour later after arrival and claimed $618 that I used to buy a jacket, a pair of shoes, and toiletry. They claim that they would only compensate for $318 because they don't agree with my claim. This is crazy, they made me spend the money. How was I supposed to dress after a 24 hrs flight?

Desired outcome: Pay the remaining $200 that you owe me for the delay in the baggage.

L
5:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2019 our family booked a trip on Air Canada (using our credit card points) from Vancouver to Arizona. However, like many Canadians, we could not travel due to Covid-19. My husband is a first responder, firefighter, and we were unable to travel these past few years as he was needed locally and due to Covid-19. The past two years we have planned and...

10:14 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Air Canada - Unable to cancel vacation because of long phone waits and no response to online booking changes

I had booked a trip to Cancun from YVR for Mar.6-13... something came up 19 days in advance no longer allowing me to go on this trip.

19 days in not long enough to get a refund but is within the proper time frame to get a travel voucher. The trip, for two, cost just over $3200 and after multiple attempted phone calls I finally went to there online booking management page, I requested to cancel the booking but received no response. So after a week I started making phone calls again, the line was always busy. So I made another attempt to request cancellation online which is what the phone line recommends due to the overload on the call line.

Still to this date have not got a response of any sort.

Be it a phone call or a response to the online cancellation request.

Wondering how I should proceed, or if I am in the wrong

Desired outcome: Proper travel credit given

L
6:02 pm

Air Canada - Need a password for voucher

Hello

About a month I call and ask for a password. The man I talk to said it would take 10 days to get a email so I waited and no email. I recall on March 9 at 11;11am an talk to another man. He said the other guy did not put in for it. So he put in for and said I should have it least then 15 days.

I am trying to book a flights. As I cannot use this till I get this password.

Booking number: 4S8BZO

date of issue: Dec 6 2021

Air Canada travel voucher amount $954,40

I was hoping that you could help me with this problem

Thankyou

Linda I MIddleton

canada

Desired outcome: I would like my password sent to me so I ca book another flight. I'd appreciate a response,

P
2:45 pm

Air Canada - Phone wait times of nearly 2 hours at AC and switch health.

I bought 3 packages (6 tests) of Switch Home Antigen kit using Aeroplan Points.

I know it is OK for YVR to HNL (USA), but emailed to ask Switch health if any type of certificate is given for the results of their test, as Austrailia requires a Negative Certificate for boarding plane.

They don't know! Below is copy and paste of my question and Moni's reply at Switch health.

I have now had to purchase ( for more money), another 4 tests because I obviously need that certificate and I have 2 days to get it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Is switch home kit good for Australian entry?

Inbox

Moni from Switch Health

2:44 AM (8 hours ago)

to me

This message was sent to the following 2 people: Pete Dunn, [email protected] Replying to this email will notify them.

It is the responsibility of the patient to know the requirements of the destination country they are traveling to. Switch Health is not responsible for locating this information for the client.

Moni from Switch Health

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 04:09 AM, "Pete Dunn" wrote:

Bought home kit. Australia says they need a RAT certificate to get on the plane. Is there some sort of certificate issued by email or..?

Peter dunn

Desired outcome: Can I get my points and money back for at least 2 of the box's? 2 tests (1 box) I can use, wife and I YVR-HNL ,but now bought better test who guarentees a certificate, (which perhaps Switch has, but I don't know,not good enough).

J
11:28 pm

Air Canada - Flight Connection Missed due to Delayed Flight From Cancun, MX

Hello,

Me and a friend were booked to fly home from CUN Cancun to YYZ Toronto on March 13, 2022. Our flight number was AC931. The flight was supposed to leave at 1:35pm but we sat for quite some time in the airport waiting. My friend had knee surgery and has trouble standing(wears a knee brace) so we were able to find a seat, as her knee was extremely weak from waiting/standing. No staff from Air Canada communicated to us why were were delayed. About an hour later we began to board the plane. Once all loaded we sat some more on the plane. Probably another 1.5 hours more. We received no announcements as to why we were sitting on the tarmac. I was extremely hot and overheating. My friend needed to take her pain medication for her knee and had nothing to take it with. She also needed food to take her medication with which was not available yet.

Once we started moving the pilot said it was spring break, extremely busy and that was why we were waiting for out place to take off. You could see lots of planes waiting in line.

We were in the air when people started to discuss connections when we arrived in Toronto. We needed to change planes to go from Toronto to Kelowna on flight AC 1127. But our flight that was delayed from Cancun made us so late that we missed the connection. We received an email on March 13th in the evening stating that our flight had changed and we would now need to leave March 14th at 3:20pm (the following day). But it was taking us to Vancouver first then to Kelowna. So our trip was prolonged over a couple of days due to this delay from Cancun.

That evening when our connection was rebooked we were very tired and without anything to eat. We had a hard time finding somewhere to stay for the night. I called the Sheraton 5 times and no one would answer. We finally asked someone how to get there and they told us the route through the airport.

Remember, Dana has an extremely sore knee and can't walk well. And now I was extremely tired and sweating (I later found out I had Covid and was very ill- I tested on March 15th through Interior Health testing site with a PCR test and was positive for Covid). We finally made our way to the hotel. Booked a room and some food and slept until the next day. The room, taxes, food, porter etc. came to about $500 and because our car was parked 1 more extra day in Kelowna our parking fees nearly doubled as well.

This was a horrible experience for us. I know it happens but Air Canada really did nothing to help sort this out for us at all. We had never been to Toronto and know nothing about how to navigate our way around, We just needed to catch another flight which Air Canada rescheduled to AC115.

We feel we need to be compensated for all the hotel costs, parking, food etc. that occurred while we needed to wait for our re-scheduled flight. It was not our fault that so many planes needed to land and take off in Cancun. That would be up to Air Canada to arrange and figure out.

Desired outcome: Compensation for expenditures during this change

View 0 more photos
R
1:29 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Air Canada - Booking 30593Q Seats 03F & 04C - Flight AC971 Joseph William Paul Pepin/Richard Arthur Widmer

This is our 5th Complaint regarding this matter with no response. We arrived at PV AC priority checkin Feb 20/2022. After 1 1/2 hours of embarrassing, intimidating, humiliating & disrespectful treatment we were continually told we were not on the manifest for Flight AC971. Our confirmed Business class seats were not available. We asked for a manager. When she arrived she restated their position and said we would need to pay for new seats and nothing available until Feb 27/2022. This was not acceptable to us & the manager made a phone call. After further discussion on the phone she offered 2 economy seats if we paid for them. Not acceptable as we already paid for seats. The manager finally stated we could have the seats & deal with the costs later. We agreed to take the seats. We do not understand why Air Canada will not deal with this matter as we paid upfront for Business Class seats for round trip Vancouver and back from Puerto Vallarta. Our great 3 week vacation was totally unhinged & ruined by this serious error made by Air Canada. You need to deal with this because we are not going away.

Desired outcome: Return of all our Aventura points used to book the trip and refund the $3139.84 additional charges to our credit card.

I
8:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I'm writing to tell you about a situation that has just occurred on flight AC155, YYZ-YYC, 14MAR2022. I purchased a ticket for my daughter's friend, Emily Cole, who has severe anxiety. I purposely purchased seat pre-assignment for this reason. She is not good with strangers touching her, so we had selected a window seat, which would allow her to...

M
5:03 pm

Air Canada - My last flight with Air Canada Ac 156

On my flight AC156 Calgary to Toronto on Oct.29,2021 besides the delay in Calgary the flight attendant giving the announcement was very rude and disrespectful to us passengers telling us how we should be putting our masks at all times really diminishing our values as a customer who pay her salary totally unacceptable, on arrival in Toronto my flight to Cancun was cancelled and after more than two hours waiting at the customer service begging for a way to fly out to Cancun the same day because of all the arrangements in Cancun. I was made to fly through Houston to Cancun, by the time I arrived it was more than 8 hours later than my expected arrival which I had no time to inform the car rental and hotel reservation that I made to keep my reservations and all my plans through our my stay in Mexico was messed up. all the trip to the Island I was supposed to take with a ferry and so on. And my car rental was no show so I had to pay four times more than what I had paid for two weeks rental and and paid hotel accomodation because of no show due to the cancellation of my flight and not having my luggage with me, I had to stay in Cancun an extra night in a hotel even though I was charged already for my stay at the island that was planned and as days went by my car rental charges got tripled and quadrupled during my six week stay in Mexico all because of the cancellation of my original flight that destroyed all the plans that were in place. So beyond the very poor customer service in the flight that started it and at the Toronto airport followed , it caused me endless stress and lack of sleep for 24 hrs non stop not getting a chance to eat or even use the washroom because I had to fight for my flight to Cancun and unacceptable amount of money that I did not plan for to spend for my car rental and accommodation made my long planned holiday awful and very expensive beyond my budgeted plan.

Desired outcome: I would like to get a response and a reimbursement un Canadian behaviours should not be allowed respecting one another is our pride as Canadians and we should keep it that way.

N
11:47 am

Air Canada - private pick up in Montego Bay airport that was paid for

Date: Saturday March 5th flight number 982. We purchased the package directly with A/C vacations and clicked on private pick up from the airport which was included in our final payment. When we arrived we were told no were on a bus. So rather than get into a major, disagreeable discussion we just got in a cab which did cost us and additional $45.00 US $'s to get to our hotel.

We would like compensation for the $61 per person and the $45 to get to the airport.

Thank you in advance for addressing this issues on our behalf.

Regards, Nancy E

Desired outcome: Please refund back to our credit card that was used to do this booking.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

March 9, 2022 Mr & Mrs Canjura. Acosta 446 Morley Ave Winnipeg. MB R3L 0Y9 To Air Canada Customer Care, We are sending you this letter of complaint due to the number encounters we have experienced along the way of our travels from Winnipeg, MB to El Salvador AC262 from Winnipeg to Toronto December 30th, 2021. The situation started in Winnipeg, MB...

G
4:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Friday, February 18 we arrived at the airport at 6:30 AM to travel for a week's vacation in Jamaica, (flight AC982), and immediately learned that our departure was delayed from 8:45 to 10:30. There were extremely long and slow security lines, made it to the gate at 8:45. After that we were told there would be a further delay due to ice in front of the...

View 0 more photos
N
2:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Feb.21st/2022 to Feb.28th/2022 my sisters and I booked an all-inclusive package deal with Expedia and the airline we took that was partnered with them was AirCanada. The same day of our flight Feb.20th/2022 at midnight was our flight going into the 21st I checked my email and saw that an employee working at AirCanada cancelled our flight without my...

C
9:33 am

Air Canada - Hand baggage

We border a flight from Calgary with 5 pax but we only took 2 x hand luggage one was a child’s day sack and the other a small daysack. Our booking was for children aged 13,16 and 17 years old and 2x adapts. We were told on the flight to the uk to put our bags under the seat as we needed to make room for others with larger luggage. This then made us not have room at our feet so that others who had larger luggage could have space, even though we paid the same amount ;actually more as their was 5 of us. To add insult on our flight back today as I am sat on the flight the same thing happens! It’s a 9 hour flight! From London to Vancouver 2.30 depart and yet again overdosed luggage is taking up all the room and we yet again have to put our bags under our feet. This is not fair why should we suffer?

Desired outcome: Refund of part fair for not being able to have what everyone else has had and being cramped with daysacks by our feet It is not inclusive. Or an upgrade from our Vancouver to Calgary flight later tonight at 18.30 pm

G
3:40 pm

Air Canada - CareFlexPlus Program

This purchase protection program is not as advertised. The program states that a full refund is provided. It is fair to assume that the full cost of the vacation would be refunded upon cancellation, but this is not so. Air Canada Vacations does not return Aeroplan points redeemed. This is not a full refund. The CareFlexPlus program is supposed to provide peace of mind, not deceptive terms that are contrary to the concept of a full refund.

I am requesting that my Aeroplan points be returned as expected with the protection of a full refund.

Desired outcome: Please refund my Aeroplan points for this cancelled vacation.

Read full review of Air Canada

Future travel credit accepted.

Air Canada contacts