Lufthansa German Airlines

Postal Addresses

Europe
Customer Feedback, P.O. Box 710234, 60492 Frankfurt, Germany

Customer Feedback, P.O Box 425, East Meadow, N.Y. 11554

Asia (except for China) and Australia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and others
Customer Feedback, P.O. Box № 2882, Makati Central Post Office, 1268 Makati City, The Philippines

China
Customer Feedback, 8th Floor, Room 801-803, Henderson Metropolitan
№ 300 Nanjing East Road, Shanghai 200001, China

Other Countries
In all other countries please contact your nearest Lufthansa office

Complaints & Reviews

unreasonable refund policy

I booked roundtrip air with Lufthansa Newark-Munich for river cruise on Danube 4/7-4/15-2020.Cruiseline canceled cruise due to coronavirus and refunded us.
Lufthansa cannot be reached by phone. The number just rings. I emailed them the cancellation notice from cruise company. Nothing. Their website says that their policy during this crisis is that we can rebook for travel thru December 2020 to the same destination. That's absurd. the only reason to go to Munich was for the cruise which is canceled. Moreover, the pandemic will not be resolved so quickly so as to travel before end of year. Travel between Europe and US is restricted and may get worse. They should just refund our money.

Dear Lufthansa,

My name is Tatyana Leader.
My passport number is [protected].
Date is issue 21 July 2010.
Ticket # 220-[protected].
I recently flew from Boston to Frankfort
via flight LH 423 which departed on THURSDAY, August 29, 2019.
When I made a payment for a ticket I
35 dollars extra for a seat reservation.
A seat # 39A, that I was seating on
was totally disabled: don't have any function: no light, no movement:
TV service, I cannot even call a flight attendant in any emergency situation.
(Pictures are attached).
I asked a flight attendant to find another seat for me, but she could not find any seat available.
I was in very dengerous situation all time was siating on totally disabled seat without any function even without oxygen supply in an emergency.
The flight attendant filed a report.
Could you please check the report and
send me 35 dollars back plus 300 dollars
for a customer satisfaction.

Sincerely,
Tatyana Leader.

P.S.Pictures are attached.

customer service

I recently flew with your airline to London via Munich. I had a connecting flight which gave us roughly 30 minutes to get from one plane to the next, the gate had been changed and the app on my phone had not been updated; therefore myself and my friend went to the wrong gate, before having to run to the correct one. We made it just in time.
However, standing at Gate 28 on the 18/09/19 for the 21:40 flight to London, was a blonde lady with glasses wearing the Luthansa uniform. She gave myself and my friend an unpleasant look, took one look at my friends duty free bag (which was actually purchased in Athens) and proceeded to say in a patronising voice ‘well, maybe next time don't go shopping when you have a flight to catch'
My friend attempted to explain what had happened, however was rudely dismissed with a wave of the arm and the words ‘Its always been Gate 28' and a very apparent threat of not allowing us on the aircraft.

I am utterly disgusted and disappointed at this appalling level of ‘Customer Service'. It is unacceptable for your staff to assume and/or make judgements of their customers, especially as she was very much mistaken in what she was saying.
I have flown with many airlines all over the world and have never experienced this level of rudeness or presumption before; I shall now be looking to other airlines to fly with as this has fully ruined my experience of Lunthansa Airlines, and it would maybe be a good idea to retrain this particular member of staff on acceptable customer service.

refund for reserved seats in the amount of $105

Flight wqwwwa of 18 june 2019, i paid $210 for seat reservation however on the way to munich we lost our connecting flight due to united airlines flight being delayed. We could not get seat reserved for the next flight out on the 19 june, me and my kids ended up seating all separately in different parts of the aircraft. On our way back we were able to use the return seat reservation, i filed a claim after we got back around the 24 of july and was told that a refund check will be forwarded to me for half of the paid fee which would have been $105, i waited until the mid of august but nothing came. I contacted lufthansa customer service and was told they have no record and i need to file a claim on line. I filed a claim on line got a feedback #[protected] and someone will contact me, no one did. 1 week after, sent 2 more emails as follow up, no response. The [protected] customer service for this airline, no one answers ever, unless you push the "make new reservation" than a representative will but can not help you with anything. This is absolutely unbecoming for such a big airline company, i thought i made the best choice when booking with lufthansa now i will make sure to fly with another company in the future even if it will be more expensive. To not have live operators answering the customer service 1-800# is just wrong, cheap and unprofessional.

flight delayed in budapest - flight number lh1337 on 5.09.2019 - departure at 11:25 delayed to 11:45

My booking Number LQB5O3
Date: 5.09.2019
Flight LH1337 @11.25
Passenger : Veeren Manikion
Flight LH 1337 delayed by 20 minutes
Connecting flight to LHR :LH908 @ 14:00 hours

The Chief Executive, Mr CARSTEN SPOHR, Lufthansa Group

Dear SIR,
I am in bupadest airport on time to take my flight - I went to the boarding counter LH1337 in budapest - I was asking my question but nobody cares - Someone was busy on his computer and the two others feel like am disturbing them. My question to them is that this flight LH1337 is being delayed and I have the connecting flight LH908 whether this will not pose a problem as i have an important schedule meeting in London. Nobody cares to answer and I said again to them whether anybody can help in my question, when finally the person on the computer replies WITHOUT looking at me, YOU WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT TIME.

Ok i took the delayed flight LH 1337 and on board I ask to the flight attendant whether there will be no problem for my connecting flight, No worries, the flight will be on time while the aircraft will catch up on the way.

The flight LH1337 reached the Frankfurt airport at 13:30, to my great surprise we need to take a bus to reach the gate at aeound 13:40 - I thought moving to gate B24 would be easy, to my astonishment it was long away - I have to take 4 steps up, run and 4 steps down to finally understand that i need to go through security check. To note that on the flight it was mentioned that you will have Lufthansa attendants that would help you to get out of security quick. I was expecting someone with a notice board with my name of it and help me to my gate which other airlines do actually. Nobody seems to care. I reach the security breathless as i had run a lot. Finally when i reach the counter at 14:05 it was closed and the lady at the counter just removed another ticket for me as if for them its just and easy way, without any apology he just throw the another ticket to me. She said, You should take the next flight.

I understand Lufthansa is number one in the world reading the CE bulletin in the aircraft magazine, but this is outrageous and to summarise:
- Your attendants are careless
- Your attendants dont know their subject
- Your attendants have no courtesy
- Your attendants have no customer cares at all

LUFTHANSA need to compensate me, Why?

- I had a business meeting near the LHR airport, a very important meeting .
- I missed my meeting which has caused prejudice to me as i have to report to my work on this meeting.
- It was hectic for me while your staff could have informed me that there is another flight and i could have arranged for rescheduling my meeting a bit a later
- I had to rush and run at Frankfurt airport and this has caused so much stress and discomfort to me.

CE, Sir, am looking for a compensation based on the above arguments and I hope appropriate actions are taken for others not to face the same situation.

Awaiting for a positive reply from your prestigious organisation, which i feel is doing a great job but not from a few of your staff which is causing much harm to it, while you mentioned as well in your bulletin, the challenges for your organisation are the low costs flights and the opening of the environment to other international aircrafts, while you need to take immediate actions to address the above first.

Sincerely yours and thanking you

Veeren MANIKION
Country origin MAURITIUS
Phone +230 [protected]

damaged luggage

617870 Dear Sirs, I'm contacting you to complain about a customer service handled by lufthansa. In January, I did my professional trip with lufthansaand unfortunately, my luggage wa...

refund in case of medical waiver

This is with regards to my flight from bombay- barcelona and madrid- mumbai from 10th to 26th September.

I have had a major uterus surgery just ten days back and the doctor has clearly advised against travel for the next 2-3 months. Our tickets were booked earlier and we were sure of going but this urgency came up and we had to cancel everything and undergo the surgery. I had made bookings for the entire 15 day trip of which many were non refundable, including ryan air flights (who have a no cancellation policy), car jet booking (again non refundable), and a few non cancellable hotel bookings. Once we got to know of the surgery, we immediately wrote to each one of them asking for a medical waiver since the doctor clearly mentioned i wont be able to travel. All the agencies and hotels and airlines refunded the entire amount which was non refundable without even asking for discharge summary, except you- Lufthansa- apparently one of the largest and most renowned airline in the world.

I have been trying to get in touch with the sales team of lufthansa and makemytrip has also tried speaking to them (as per the information given to us) but each time i got a reply saying we wont refund a single penny.

Lufthansa has left us no choice but to file a suit against them for their inhuman policies, constant harrasment of customers, trouble to the patient who recently had a surgery, and a white collared fraud. We will be posting all your replies and inhuman approach to this situation on all the social media platforms while my lawyer works on the harassment suit. I promise to never fly lufthansa again and soon this shall become a trending hashtag on twitter and instagram! so all the best and thanks for this constant harassment! you are one of the worst airlines anyone can ever choose!

i have attached the reports, images of my uterus surgery, and refund given by all other airlines and agencies for your further reference.

refund in case of medical waiver

flight attendant corina carrasco rinacdo, lh 0308, august 22, 2019

Dear Passengers, please read my story
I'm Gold Star Alliance's Member
My flight # LH1431 on 21/8/2019 from Sofia, Bulgaria was delayed by Lufthansa and I respectively missed my connecting flight #8860 to Florence. I was given a voucher for a hotel. My luggage was held at the airport and I had no toiletries or pijama to make myself comfortable as a traveler who just missed a flight at none of her fault. My next flight LH#0308 on 22.8.2019 was almost at arrival in Florence when the captain announced that the automatic system failed of that plane, we cant land and we need to return back to Frankfurt to manually land and then get another plane. After our landing in Frankfurt we were told to disembark the plane and get on a bus and stay in the bus while the other plane was fuelling. Then as soon as we got on the bus they said we have to get back on the broken plane and wait there. No one offered us a water when we landed or when we were waiting for the fuelling process. No water!!! We embark the now second plane and the flight attendant who worked on the back of the Embrarer 190 was Corina Carrasco Rinacdo. After take off and when the seat belts signs were off I got up and kindly asked for water. Her cart was ready for service but she loudly said I have to wait because I'm not the only one waiting for water. I told her I'm having panic attack and I needed water, she ignored and processed to the front to help the other and only flight attendant. I waited but I was feeling I'm going to faint I poured myself a glass of water. The lady Corina Carrasco ( I'm not sure of her name because she refused to provide to me) came to my seat which was the last seat all the way in the back and yelled at me and asked me if I self service water myself and I acknowledge saying ** yes I did**. She continued to bully me and shout at me telling me I cant self service water to myself. At that point I was extremely upset and I asked her for her name she refused. Not too long after she came and once again said to me the captain is informed about your behavior and u can speak to him after landing. I was in tears and in shock. How could this be happening to me and my Lufthansa trip to Florence. She had no sympathy for our state of mind, we just did emergency landing and she was yelling at me for pouring myself a water! Unbelievable!!! I'm taking this case to all of the upper management of Lufthansa, even to the European Union for being denied water and being yelled at and bullied. Captain wouldn't listen either but confirm that I'm not suppose to self service myself a water. I request a full refund of the cost of my ticket $675 for me missing my flight at none of my fault.
I also request full investigation of this flight attendant*s behavior, discipline action to be taken and an apology from her directly.
I will not put this case to rest until this is resolved. Refund of ticket plus why we were not given water at anytime after emergency landing while waiting.
Do not fly this terrible airline

Lack of organisation

617870 I am writing this complainment letter regarding to the flight LH-432, with the booking reference of LXYDTQ, 2018 (tickets of 220‑[protected], 220‑[protected], 220‑[protected]...

my flight lh 1367, august 17, 2019 - krakow-frankfurt, then frankfurt to san francisco, same date.

I checked in to have my baggage checked. The attendant, very rudely, loudly, said you have to remove your bag and go pay
as you are over the weight.

I said I flew San Francisco, Ca. - United and Lufthansa - August 1 - San Francisco to Frankfurt to Berlin. I have only the same items in
the bag I chose to check than I did before.

She said you are over … I asked what would the charge be; she said $120 US dollars.

Finally she put my bag on the conveyor belt and sent me to Cash Counter; there was no sign saying such to identify where I was to
go. I went over to nearby counters and asked if they were the Cash Counter. Learned without signage they were.

I handed my paperwork to attendant, lovely woman, who listened to my story. Said when she checked with someone, they told
her I should pay $170 US dollars. I had no choice but to pay the charge with my American Express card.

The contents were no more but less. The difference was there were dirty items, not clean ones, and I had left - intentionally -a pair of tennis shoes behind for hotel staff. The attendant did not know how much to charge me initially, I asked that she call a
staff person to avoid my taking bag and going to cash counter. She was not helpful at all. Again, loudly sent me to the cash counter.

The attendant at the cash counter was helpful; I told her I had just been told, I was overweight (I don't know how), and that to send
my bag would cost $120. But she said I had to pay $170.

I feel most unfairly treated and would appreciate some form of reimbursement for this excessive charge. My credit card is American Express Platinum [protected] expires 05/23, security code 4853

Virginia L Hayes - 2934 Baywalk Road, Alameda, Ca. USA 94502 [protected]@comcast.net; phone [protected]; [protected]

lost bags

Bags lost two days ago. Zero info from lufthansa. On hold repeatedly for over 30 minutes and no one comes back on line. Munich bag claim won't answer their phone lines nor return left messages. The Munich baggage office saw them last but your systems say you have no idea if Munich ever got the bags. I have never been treated so rudely or dismissively in my life. LH simply does not care about its passengers or our possessions. We are now on a two week vacation throughout Europe with no luggage thanks to lufthansa. I am sure no one will contact me from this site either but in case someone actually cares you can email me at [protected]@outlook.com or call at +01 [protected]. Jeff gal

false advertisement, and not honoring prices given

Yesterday whilst trying to book tickets for myself and my family for a holiday next year, I was shocked to learn that they dont honor their prices shown. Upon trying to pay the ticket and do the reservations, the price had sky rocketed to nearly double the price on the payment page, I contact the call centre, not recieving a warm welcome, which in turn said I need to pay the price given. I inturn explained that the price advertised, had nearly doubled when trying to make a payment. I have taken snapshots from begining of booking to the very end which shows the price changing at the end. I am a avid supporter of Lufthansa and never in my years did I think I would be treated in such a manner, this is false advertising at its best and now they refusing to honor the price advertised in the beginning.

• Updated by LeeaRC · Aug 16, 2019

And once again, went to choose tickets, this time changing the return to a diffrent location keeping same dates, and again upon trying to make payment the price changes.

• To
    Tom JEN Aug 16, 2019

You sure you didn't accidentally add one of the additional options as you went through the process? (some of them can be quite pricey)

• Le
    LeeaRC Aug 16, 2019

@Tom JEN Nope only the flights no extra baggage no seats just the flights

my flight got cancelled

Monday, 12 august, me and my girlfriend we had a flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Athens, Greece and we got to Heathrow and with just 3 hours before they announced us the flight its canceled, they gave us instead a flight going straight to Athens, i cant get a sit next to my gf, the guy who provide us the information it was rude when i tried to explain him i need my sit next to my girl cuz she dont feel safe in airplanes, we wanted to visit a bit the Frankfurt aswell but this not possible anymore because of the direct flight, never gonna use this airplane line in my life and im gonna share my story.

my flight got cancelled

Dear Sir, Mme,

It's been mora than two months now that I keep communicating with Lufthansa customer services with regard to the problems encountered with my Lufthansa flight on June 2nd 2019 to Strasbourg.
As I have explained in my many of previous emails to customer services, my flight from Tirana to Frankfurt was delayed for more than an hour. Nevertheless, as soon as I got my luggage in Frankfurt, I had to literally run to catch my Lufthansa shuttle bus to Frankfurt. Got the shuttle ticked and went to the bus station. Upon arriving there, the driver of another Lufthansa bus (not the one marked in my ticked) informed me that my bus to Strasbourg had left. You have to go back to Lufthansa customer service he said - to rearrange the travel from Frankfurt to Strasbourg. So, I went back to Lufthansa services where I was told that the bus had not left yet, that my ticked was fine and that the bus would leave at 18.30 instead of 17.30 (delayed by 1 hour). Went back to the Lufthansa shuttle bus driver and told him that I was told that my ticked was still valid. "No, No - he told me, your bus has left. You need a new ticked. You need to go back to Lufthansa (all this while pushing my luggage), inform them that the bus has left and ask for a new ticked". Went back to Lufthansa, explained what the driver told me, and after they rechecked the information on their database and spoke to someone on the phone, gave me a new bus ticked for the shuttle bus of 20.30 PM to Strasbourg. I had to eat and drink in Frankfurt, which I had not planned to. Once arrived in Strasbourg I had to get a taxi to the house - still not planned - as it was late.
I phoned Lufthansa (to no avail). I also sent many emails to Lufthansa - Customer Relations (with all the requested documents included) in this regard and explained all this to Mr. Rodel Ocde, Ms. Sunshine May Cayanga as well as Mr. M.A Domingo. As provided by Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 (which applies to passengers whose scheduled flight leaves from an EU Member State or passengers whose scheduled flight is with an EU airline and leaves from a third country to arrive in an EU country) I agreed to the compensation awarded by Lufthansa of a 250 Euros sum for all the inconvenience. I was asked three times (by Mr. Rodel Ocde, Ms. Sunshine May Cayanga as well as Mr. M.A Domingo to send a copy of my passport). However, even though I have contacted Lufthansa's Customer Relations regarding an approximate date when to expect the compensation, I still haven't had a reply from them or received it.
Honestly, I believe that for all the inconvenience caused and all the time consumed writing the emails the agreed sum of 250 Euros does not cover all the inconvenience.
Truly hoping that someone will get back to me in this regard,

Regards,

Mrs. Brunilda Bara
Email: bruna.[protected]@gjk.gov.al
P.S. Please find attached all document (ticket, passport details, photos, bank details and emails) concerning this.

non payment of agreed compensation

service in the airplane & chief stewardess behaviour

In the flight from Frankfurt to London LH900 Friday 2 August 2019, Departure time 8:00 am. FRA to LHR Business class I had a very unpleasant experience with the service in the...

lufthansa has no customer service for delay baggage

July 10 flight from London LHR to MAD via Munich. Boarded on Biz class LH 2473, and than LH 1804. Arrived to MAD, missing one large duffel Kipling bag, with lots of important items. Some cant be replaced. Value of items at least EURO 2, 300. Filled out form got PIR number and since July 10th NO ONE from LH contacted me. I sent emails, calls, send detailed item list, asked where shall I submit receipts, when I will get reimbursement at least for for what I bought (I spent more than Euro 1, 500 by now), yet, NO communication. I emailed to CEO of LH in Thailand where I live, no reply. I called Germany HQ spoken to Customer Service, no help. Nothing. Based on LH website, I must get respond within 24 hours, and communication within 5 days. Why this is not happening? Shameful service.

• charis1997 Aug 02, 2019

This is an awesome post. Really very informative and creative content. This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. I like it and it helps me to development very well. Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information. Well, I got good knowledge.
    Online market places recommend sellers who use high-quality products photos with image editing service... Clipping Expert Asia is the best photo editing company that provides the best high-quality image editing service...

damaged bag

To whom so it may concern, ,

We family of 10 were flying from JFK to JOMO KENYATTA INTL Kenya.
one of the ticket number LH/KTKT 220 [protected]-63,

We Landed there at 8.10 pm, once we reached to our hotel we found out that one of my bag was damaged and broken, also we have put in the tickets vegetarian food for 10 of us and they did not have any vegetarian food for all of us.. so next time we are not going to travel to Lufthansa and we will let others know about our experience.. we need our bag's compensation as soon as possible..

thanks.jay.

• Updated by tiger0987 · Jul 30, 2019

we did on top.

food

Lufthansa airline needs to educate their staff about the food they serve on flights from Germany to UK. They serve sandwiches to passenger which is good customer care gesture. However, their staff don't know what kind of meat there inside sandwiches. Many Indians travel via Germany to other destinations and majority Indians are Hindus who don't eat cow/beef/stake. Cow is sacred animal for many Hindus worldwide. I request to please respect the fact and educate Lufthansa staffs about Hindu dietary requirements. Thanks.

being stranded at the airport

617870 Hello, I would like to submit a complaint about what happened to me at the airport. In fact, i received a text message few hours before my flight that one leg of my flight wa...

fare conditions for rebooking not provided

To whom it may concern,

This email is to lodge a complaint regarding a flight rebooking for booking code: V3G4G9 from London to Dar es Salaam. Since I can no longer make this flight, I tried calling customer service to rebook the flight for a trip between Boston - Dubai. However, I was informed that my flight could only be rebooked only between destinations in the same continent (Europe and Africa). However, I was NEVER informed of this condition at ANY point during the flight booking, payment or confirmation process. I was only made aware of the following four conditions as shown in the screenshot attached - implying that I should be able to rebook between any two locations as long as I paid the 130 GBP fee and the fare difference. While calling the agent, they were also unable to provide or send me any proof whatsoever of the above-mentioned fare condition, which gives me all the more reason to doubt and suspect this. This is completely unreasonable and unfair since I was never made fully aware of the ticket restrictions and rules while making the purchase. Every customer is entitled to receive such information BEFORE making the payment. Even now while looking at my flight details/itinerary or trying to book another flight on the same route, I still cannot find any evidence for such a restriction on rebooking.

I don't think I should be held liable for any conditions that weren't included within the terms and conditions of my ticket. Thus, I would like to lodge a complaint and request that I either (1) be given a refund for this ticket or (2) be allowed to rebook between BOS-DXB as indicated by the only fare conditions supplied to me while booking (and the only conditions mentioned on my itinerary). If a satisfactory resolution is not provided in this matter, I will be proceeding to take serious legal action against Lufthansa. Not providing such crucial information at the time of booking is equivalent to blatantly lying to, and cheating customers. And I want to ensure that the airline is held responsible for such unethical and illegal actions and that other customers won't have to go through this in the future.

According to my ticket conditions, I need to rebook the flight before tomorrow (Friday, July 26 2019). Thus, I really hope you will be able to respond to this email before then.

luggage compensation

I flew with Lufthansa on 29 June 2019 from Johannesburg South Africa, to Alicante Spain, via Munich. Unfortunately, my luggage was routed through Frankfurt instead of Munich, so when I arrived in Alicante, my luggage wasn't there.

I reported the matter at the airport and was advised that the luggage would arrive in due course. At 8pm when my luggage didn't arrive, and when Swiss port no longer answered the phone, I was left with no choice but to buy new clothes since I had an important meeting the following day.

I spent almost 300 Euros to buy a new suit, shirt, shoes etc.. I only received my luggage the following Monday evening.

I lodged a claim for compensation upon my return to South Africa a week later, and after acknowledging my initial email, subsequent email to enquire on the status of my claim have been ignored despite see several reminders.

The service I've received to date from Lufthansa has been disappointingly shocking. All I want is a response to my email, and compensation for my untimely loss, so I can put this ordeal behind me.

flight was cancelled

My name is Aregash Samuel Hafebo
Client number [protected]

On May 20, I was traveling from ADD t AMS fr wrkshop. My first flight was ADD-FRA (LH9695) which went well. My next flight was LH0986 from FRA-AMS, which was canceled. The information we gt in FRA is that the weather in AMS is not good and the running field is not good in AMS, thus we waited until abut 11:30 and then came by train. I was not compensated fr the time sent and fr the delay in the flight status. Thus I am requesting fr compensation f the delay.

Kind regards
Aregash Samuel

flight. manchester to rome via frankfurt

Flight details. Lufthansa flight no. 949. Depart Manchester 0630- 24/ 6 /2019.
Reservation no. TQFSSM. Airline locator. Q15HHT. Ticket no. [protected]
We arrived at Rome, our cases did not. We were on Holland America cruise. Our cases disappeared for 2 days. Cases arrived in Dubrovnik. I have tried to get in touch, customer.[protected]@lufthansa.com. and customer.[protected]@lufthansa.co.uk with photos of damaged case and all photos of baggage numbers and boarding passes, but no response from Lufthansa.
Maybe this claim form will get some response.
Yours. Derek Stewart. Tel. [protected]. Address. 14, Carrowreagh Park. U.k. BT161TN

• Updated by Board room · Jul 22, 2019

I have put my details above. Will someone please respond.

• Updated by Board room · Jul 22, 2019

Will someone please respond. I have put my details above."

• Updated by Board room · Jul 23, 2019

We have sent several emails and your email system refused to accept a connection the problem is from your end.

lufthansa flight del-sea (lh261 & lh490) dated june 3, 2019

My parents aged 79 and 74 were traveling with Lufthansa Booking Code# K2M9R3 from New Delhi, India to Seattle, WA. Departure date from Delhi 3 June 2019.
They landed late into Frankfurt due to delay in departure from New Delhi. Their flight in FRA got rescheduled and Lufthansa changed their subsequent flights. They were put in a flight to Washington DC with a 1 hr 20 min layover to another connecting flight to Seattle.

It is impossible for anyone to go through US Immigration, Customs, baggage and board the connecting flight with such a short layover. When we checked we were informed that the min time required for a connection was 1hr 15 mins. However please bear in mind that this is an international flight requiring lot more formalities and hence the time for changeover is impossible to achieve for anyone, let alone elderly passengers.

They missed their connecting in Washington Dullas( IAD) and were rebooked in two separate connections: IAD-SFO and SFO-SEA. My parents who were to arrive at 11am on Jun 3 in Seattle reached 2am the next day - a delay of over 15 hours. Not to mention they now are in a domestic flight that had narrow seats. They were not provided any meals/refreshments/water post boarding at Washington. Their journey from DEL-SEA has become 36 hrs.

It is extremely irresponsible of your agents to have re-booked senior citizens in a flight with ~1 hr connection. The customer care had been of no help when I requested to be connected to a ground agent. I have received no updates on what is going on.

I am frustrated with such careless rebooking and need you to refund the full fare of the travel to my parents for the discomfort this has caused.

--Deepa Krishnan

Passenger#1: Vijayagopalan Subramaniam
Passenger#2: Vijayagopalan Suganda
Lufthasa booking code: K2M9R3

no wheel chair service provided at frankfurt airport leading old travellers abandoned for 24 hours and being harassed

I am making this complaint on behalf of my parents who took LH 0757 on 10th of July 2019 from Mumbai to Frankfurt (transit) to Calgary, Canada (destination). After reaching the Airport at Frankfurt, they were provided wheel-chair service after dis-embarking (no wheelchair for disembarking the flight to gate) the flight themselves to the departure gate, for their onward flight to Calgary, Canada. But the main problem started at the departure gate. No wheel-chair service was provided at the departure gate to the flight. My father who is 76 years old with a history of Parkinson's disease had to go looking for a washroom, leaving my mother at the gate. When he did not return for 30 minutes, she went looking, requested assistance from people at the departure gate, after a lot of insistence they finally made an appeal and announced with the passenger name. While my mother was in distress knocking men's room stalls, the booking agents at the departure gate sold their tickets, even after knowing that a 76-year-old man (transit passenger) is missing. Finally, my father was found disoriented in front of another gate confused looking for signs.
When they returned to the gate "apparently" it was too late and since their tickets were already sold they were asked to go and see the on ground Lufthansa flight staff at the airport.
By now my parents were stranded in a foreign airport, where German is a foreign language to them, with no money (they just had a few euros). They finally reached out to me in Calgary. After talking to ground staff, they informed us that it would cost money to issue them tickets for the next day morning flight, which I had to pay, what if my credit card did not work?
Again, they were stranded at the airport for 24 hours with little resources for 24 hours finally they made the next morning (11th July) flight to reach me. This harassment was unwarranted and seemed intentional to us. How can your ground staff leave old people stranded at the airport with no accommodation and food? also when asked for help there was an attempt to extort money for new tickets, as if it is their fault that no wheel-chair service was provided. According to your international website - https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/passengers-using-wheelchairs, following service should be provided:

• We will support you during boarding and disembarking
• We will help you to stow your carry-on baggage
• We will assist you in getting to and from the toilet

While i understand the importance of flight being punctual on time, i do not understand how the agent in the first place was able to sell their tickets, while she was frantically crying and running around and looking for my father who has a history of parkinson's and often get's disoriented and confused. Then they left to wander about the airport all by themselves without food, water or accommodation. If he had been provided wheel chair access to onboard, which was a promised service by your airline none of these would have happened in the first place, even after that you were still trying to do business asking for money and making the best of the situation . I am not sure who is responsible weather Lufthansa or Air Canada. But since our booking and original booking was with Lufthansa, we are making this genuine complaint. I would request you to investigate this and get back to us with a favorable resolution ASAP. My father could have fainted hurting himself fatally or got lost, it could have been a very bad situation for us. This was a distasteful experience, which will linger in our minds for a long time and we would share this story repeatedly with people we meet to remind them of what wonderful services are provided by your Airlines. Please do not consider this as a general complaint but a warning, not have you not provided promised services but have also failed to provide very basic services like food, water and accommodation to Elderly assistance seeking passengers. Who had to survive on biscuits lounging on an open airport waiting to get their next flight, all so that they can somehow come and see their children.

Passenger Details:

Mrs. Sudha Pal
Mr. Susanta Pal

Compensation expectation:

1. Tickets fares to and from origin to destination.
2. Compensation for harassment at the airport by your staff.
3.Compensation for leaving elderly people in an open airport for 24 hours unattended without food, water or accommodation
4. Immediate refund of additional fees paid along with interest.
5. Compensation for failure to provide promised services.

Please see attached relevant documents like receipts and boarding passes.

Gaurav Pal

Lufthansa lufthansa airport check in in warsaw.

Good Day,

I'm complain about the service of Lufthansa in Warsaw regarding the payment in EURO.
During the check in, regarding the payment of extra ticket for the Cat's the cost was 60 euro and the operator she told to pay in Local Currency instead Euro.
I would like to know if it is possible especially if the Poland is in Europe Union.
This create a big issue and problem to the passenger during the check in.
Thank you in advance.

Massimo Rinzivillo

car rental via avis

To keep this simple I have already complained to the Hertz Operator in Trondheim, on this matter, of which my complaint was based on the offer recieved via your booking site Ref...

saa partnership

I booked with Lufthansa not knowing that the long haul flight to Frankurt and Munich to JHB return was operated by SAA. ( probably my fault for not reading properly ) But to associate SAA to your name is very damaging to your airline. Lost luggage, visa entry complications, no tv`s working, remotes not working, outdated planes and the list goes on. By you endorsing them, I will never use Lufthansa again either. Just a shocking experience.

lost luggage

I flew from arland on the 4/07/19 with a connecting flight from Frankfurt to Dublin and when I landed in dublin my luggage couldn't be found...I spent and an hour in dublin airport on arrival with the lost luggage department and today I'm getting no help at all from tour airline with the whereabouts of my luggage...I'm due to fly again back to sweden with connecting flights ...I've no clothes and deeply concerned about my flight on sunday!!!

terrible online and on phone reservations experience!!!

I have been trying every day for the past week to book flight reservations to and from Germany and USA. I have used three different computers and three browsers, all to no avail. I called their web help hotline and got runaround three times. Finally of fourth call, reached Koln, and got runaround until I demanded that THEY try the booking. Was told that they too could not get it to go through. They gave me a LHPROD waiver number and said they couldn't rebook, but call reservations to have them book over the phone and give me credit for the phone upcharge.
Called LH reservations FIVE times and each time was a different location, none of which were in Germany or USA. Each time, they botched the reservation, and had I not followed up early the next day all info and bookings would have been lost.
Finally on the SIXTH try, got someone to rebook AGAIN and confirm that the reservation and the charging to my credit card went through. I have complained three times already about this to LH customer service, and have only gotten back a form letter, with NO acknowledgement about the problem/s, solving them or any consideration by Lufthansa of my plight.

I want someone to look into all the online info AND phone logs regarding my reservation attempts on my reservation and not only an apology, but some consideration for my terrible experience.

complaint

On my flight to Europe a couple weeks ago I was burned by scalding coffee being passed from the flight attendant. I understand that accidents can happen, but it was how the situation was handled. First, I had to ask for a paper towels and burn ointment...and it took her more than 10 minutes to get it for me (she was finishing up the row of drink orders!!) Her response was "these things happen"...is she kidding..she just burnt my wrist raw!! Upon returning with the paper towels and ointment, she basically tossed the paper towels at me. Not once did she say sorry for the accident.

My arm throbbed the remainder of the flight and for the next few days.

complaint

airline delay and mishandling of my "fragile" baggage

Greetings!

This is 3rd Time, I am trying to reach you "Lufthansa", for taking the appropriate action on the below mentioned matter.

It is sad story of my very first Journey to the Netherlands (Amsterdam) to Join my new organization there. I along with my family (includes my wife and my 6 years old son) took "Lufthansa flight" (Details are :13-May-2019, Flight Details: FRAAMS LH 988, Refer Attached Email) from Frankfurt to Amsterdam to join my new organization in Rotterdam.

But, I got few jolts when first, my flight got delayed by more than 1.5 hour has created a huge loss to me as my new employer has not allowed me to join on the same day and it was a loss of one full day payment for me while on the other hand, there has been many damages to my checked-in luggage - which were having a sticker of "Fragile-Tag" on it when it was released while the same tag was found torn/missing on all of my six luggage at Amsterdam Airport and because of this my stuff inside got damaged.

These developments have caused me not only an indirect financial loss due to damage to my stuff-insider the checked-in baggage-but also a direct financial loss of one full day salary-payment and mental harassment for whole family.

Hereby I do want to make a claim an amount of at least EURO 3550/- at least which includes loss of my one-day payment, extreme mental and physical torture to me and my family and damages to my stuff.

Therefore, I do request you to please approve the compensation for the same.

Please feel free to contact me for any further clarification. My mobile number is +31-[protected] (Netherlands)

Thanking you.
-Regards
Shiv Agnihotri

E-mail: [protected]@gmail.com

delayed flight by 2 hours, lost baggage

We missed our flight due to a connecting flight with Condor and a security issue. We were able to get another free flight, but this was delayed 1.5 hours before boarding, another hour after boarding to depart, and then they lost a checked carry on for one flight, including 38 other passenger's baggage. While waiting, another delay for plane with baggage.

unwilling service staff causing frustrations and difficulties in travel

My wife and I were travelling from Poznan, Poland to Edmonton, Canada on May 28, 2019 by taking connecting flights Poznan-Frankfurt-Calgary-Edmonton. Our first leg was from Poznan to Frankfurt by LH1389 scheduled to depart at 11:00 AM. We checked in and just about to board the plane it was announced that the flight had been cancelled and the customers should go back to Lufthansa check-in counter to have their travels rearranged. We went back to the check-in counter. There were many customers waiting at three to four lines for rearranging their flights. We waited and waited and eventually got our turn. The lady, who was about 50 years old, seemed very nice and checked at her system monitor for a few minutes, and then told us that she could not do anything to rearrange our travels because the computer system was down. She told us that my wife and I had to call Lufthansa airline directly to rebook our flights, and gave me a card showing the call number +[protected]. I truly believed her and called the number. Unfortunately, the automatic answering of the service line told me to leave a callback number and someone would call me back when available. We only had about one-hour time at Frankfurt to connect AC845 to Calgary. Therefore, I had to rearrange our travels ASAP. So, I did not leave a message and called the service line again and again, but the service line never worked again. I went back to the same waiting line and waited and waited, and eventually got back to the same lady and explained to her what happened, and asked if she could help us. She told us the same thing, i.e. there was nothing she could do, and we had to call the Lufthansa directly. Since the Lufthansa service number was not working any more, and I was really got stuck. I then thought that the travel agent who booked my travels might be able to help us. So, I called my travel agent. Luckily, I got the travel agent who rearranged my travels after a long waiting, but she could not rearrange my wife's travels because my wife's flights were booked through Air Canada directly. I went back to the same lady at the Lufthansa check-in counter again, and asked if she could rearrange our travels now. After searching at her monitor for some time, she told me that she could now arrange my flights to Munich-Vancouver-Edmonton, but she could not rearrange my wife's travels and we had to do them ourselves. I then called Air Canada's customer service number, but cold not get the call through. It was already about 3:00 PM, and I had already missed my rearranged flight to Munich. In our despair, we went to talk to a young fellow at the Lufthansa check-in counter next to the old lady who was still there. The fellow asked us what was our problem, and I explained to him what our problem was, and he searched at his computer for some time, and told us that there were LOT flights (polish airline) flying to Warsaw and then to Toronto, but for some reason he could not rearrange our flights, and directed us to the LOT office for help. So, we did. Unfortunately, the service person at LOT office told us that he could not rebook our travels for some mistakes. Nevertheless, he took us back to the fellow at Lufthansa check-in counter. After some exciting discussions (I could not understand Polish), the young fellow at Lufthansa check-in counter call someone and rearranged our flights (Poznan-Warsaw-Toronto-Edmonton). We eventually left Poznan after 3:30 PM and got back to Edmonton at 3:00 AM on May 29, 2019 despite flight delays at everyone connection.

After the long journey with so much frustration and physically exhaustion I was thinking over this travel experience, and I want to particularly thank the young fellow at Lufthansa check-in counter and the service gentleman at LOT office. My wife and I could have our flights rearranged if we first approached the young fellow. We are very grateful to these two individuals. Without their kind help we may have to rebuy the flight tickets and had to leave Poznan next day or later days.

My second wonder is why the old lady kept telling me that she could do nothing to rearrange our flights and we had to do it directly with airlines. I am not an expert on travel in anyway, but I am deeply puzzled if someone else at the same check-in counter could help us, why that lady could not. The only reasonable answer I can think of is that she was not willing to help. If that was true, she should be more straightforward to me and told me to approach someone else for help.

My third reflection is that travelers should not be fooled by seemingly honest looking and sounding of any service person for customers. Sometimes, an alternative service person, like in my case, may make huge differences.

All in all, I believe I deserve an answer from Lufthansa airline. Do the service staff at your check-in counter have an obligation and skills to rearrange travels for customers when your flight or flights were cancelled, or do customers have to rearrange their travels directly with you or their travel agents as I was told by the lady who ‘serviced' me at Poznan airport?

boarding pass

Dear Sir / Madam, My son Karan Rakesh singh was travelling on 18.05.2019 from Mumbai to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Munich and from Munich to Boston on a valid Schenghen visa issued...

Dear all
Good day

Kindly be informed that I faced very rude attitude from your clerk on 11 May 2019 flight no LH 0947 to Frankfurt I was just bought perfumes near from airport where security told me tht y cannot came up with them on airplane y must return back to put them on your luggage, where I returned back to her where she refused to put it on luggage, tht I h to leave, when I insisted one one her colleague brought to me box and sealed them and told me tht I can took them up to airplane with me and she kept asking when y brought and from where, where the security point refused and told me my she didn't took from y and put them with you luggage, even though I paid overweight charges, the airport security helped to send box with my luggage so they do her job.
Thanks
Waiting your feedback
Basma Salem
+2 [protected]

your clerk was very rude and airport security do her work for me

I am complaining about one bag missing

date 3.14.19 file reference laxlh86672 name Ravinderpal singh flight number lh761/lh452/14march ticket number etkt2208502670856 tag number lh151103 color purplr 23 kg bag .ihave mens cloths in bag some of is indian style one pair of dress shoe black colour one silver breslet one jacket two bed sheets and more daly base use stuff please i wating for my stuff try to finde as soon possible.

compensation voucher credited to wrong person

Passenger: hunter
Flight #: lh 418
Date : 22 october 2017
Booking code: mfa6gz
Booking code: o3wqka
Emd: [protected]
Amount $715 usd credited on 17 september 2018

Wrong credit card credited: discover #9125 exp date: 10/21 (companion traveler - credit card number)

Airline tickets purchased by: education first (go ahead tours)
Refund was not sent back to the travel agency.

Compensation voucher and copy of credit card to be credited mailed to:

Lufthansa travel desk
North america
1640 hempstead turnpike
East meadow, ny 11554

The compensation voucher for hunter was credited to the wrong account and lufthansa has refused to correct their mistake after repeated attempts by the travel agency and by the consumer.

There were two passengers traveling and they both received compensation vouchers.
Plawson - refunded
Dhunter - not refunded

This is notice to lufthansa to pull the credit from the wrong person and apply it to the corrected impacted passenger dhunter by certified check to her home address.

Legal action is in process

Cc.

Education first
The cfpb
Vlaw, attorneys at law

exchange flight time

i had a certificate from my doctor that i should not travel on the date booked as i was suffering form hard diarrhea and vomiting and i send it to you before my flight with 24 hours as requested and i found no feed back from your side and when i called your supevisor he told me no we dont accept your reason of changing the flight time, and he discharged me with around 190 dollars as penalty for postpoding my ticket to the 19th instead of the 5th of march...i was realy upset although i had the right to postpone as per the certificate i submitted, , this will not make me book anymore or fly with lufthansa, , and use anyother airlines ..

unethical behaviour

Dear Sirs

I would like to make a complaint about an outrageous and shocking situation which took place in the context of the delays faced by Lufthansa at the Munich airport, during the weekend of 3-4 February 2019.
On 3 February 2019, my mother (aged 77) was a passenger on flight No.1659 from Timisoara to Munich, and her final destination was meant to be Marseille. Along with many other passengers, she was stuck in the Munich airport for approximately 20 hours. During this time, my mother had an awful experience with a Lufthansa employee, by the surname of Ms "KREIMER". Ms Kreimer was responsible for boarding flight No.2264 to Marseille on 4 February 2019, at Gate K14.
After 20 hours of waiting in the airport and having spent the night sitting on a chair, without adequate conditions to get any sleep, my mother arrived at the gate, where Ms Kreimer treated her in an appalling way. As I specified, my mother is elderly, she had not slept for over 30 hours, had extremely swollen legs and ankles, and felt like she had no more power to walk by herself until the plane. She was trying to ask for assistance (for example, to be brought in by wheel chair) until the entrance to the plane. My mother does not speak any German or English, which is why myself or my sister tried to communicate on her behalf over the phone, with someone around her. Ms Kreimer not only refused to give my mother the assistance she required but in fact brutally rejected her request for help. She refused to touch the phone, as a result of which my mother put the phone on speaker. Ms Kreimer proceeded to cover her ears and screamed at my mother, creating an entire scene around them.
The manner in which this Lufthansa employee treated my mother was not only unethical but purely inhumane. It is shameful and outrageous that a person can literally pass out in an airport without having received any assistance, or even the requisite attention, despite having asked for help. This is frightening and dreadful.
As such, I am writing this email not only to raise this complaint and make you aware of the situation, but also to request that measures be taken by Lufthansa in this regard. I would be grateful for a response as soon as possible, with an indication of how Lufthansa intends to address this incident.

Kind regards,