Menu
Whataburger Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Whataburger
reviews and complaints

whataburger.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 607 Reviews

How responsive is Whataburger's customer service?

10 Resolved
579 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Whataburger handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Whataburger and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Whataburger has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Whataburger reviews and complaints 607

Sort by:

Newest Whataburger reviews and complaints

12:00 am EDT

Whataburger Mixed Experiences at Whataburger

As someone who appreciates a good burger, my experiences at Whataburger have been quite mixed. While some visits have left me satisfied with the quality of the food and service, there have been instances where the food fell short of expectations. The inconsistency in food preparation and service levels is a concern that needs addressing. Despite the occasional disappointments, I must admit that when Whataburger gets it right, their burgers are indeed a treat worth savoring. If you decide to give them a try, I recommend managing your expectations and hoping for a positive experience.

R
5:25 am EDT

Whataburger Dry and hard meat

So tired of bringing home a cold, dry and hard thin meatwhataburger along with thin hard cold fries! What happened to you? We used to brag to our west coast friends about our whataburgers. But, no more! I couldn't even finish eating this awful meat!

D
3:45 am EDT

Whataburger Pre-cooked & cool

Hurst & Euless locations;
Whataburger is trying to compete with McDonalds@ their drive throughs. McDonalds has warming trays, Whataburger doesn't, so they precook meat & set it to the side of the grill. Meat is over cooked but cool (won't even melt your cheese) buns are not hot. They basically just assemble a precooked burger for you.

Is Whataburger legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Whataburger as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 1% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Whataburger stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Whataburger should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Whataburger earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Whataburger achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Whataburger. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Whataburger has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Whataburger.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up Whataburger and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Whataburger has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 1% of 589 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the whataburger.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Whataburger. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    1. 24/7 Service: Open all day, every day for customer convenience.
    2. Customizable Meals: Offers personalized burger options.
    3. Fresh Ingredients: Uses fresh, never frozen beef and produce.
    4. Large Portions: Serves bigger burgers and fries portions.
    5. Drive-Thru Speed: Efficient service, even during peak hours.
  1. Cons
    1. Limited Geographic Reach: Predominantly in the Southern US.
    2. Slower Service: Not as fast as other quick-service rivals.
    3. Menu Lacks Diversity: Fewer healthy options compared to competitors.
    4. Higher Price Point: Slightly more expensive than mainstream fast food.
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Whataburger Better then the fast food norm

Much better than the cheap McDonalds and Wendy's and other. They are a little more expensive but you are getting a much better real burger.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Whataburger Kelli is the best person ever I litterkat love her and she is always so positive and amazing

Kelli is the best person ever I litterkat love her and she is always so positive and amazing She deserves the fattest raise ever

Whataburger Dizzy dips

I love Whataburgers mouth-watering Patty Melt, but it needs a combination of dips called Dizzy Dips- that would really set it off!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Whataburger Best burger or salad in town!

Everyone knows Whataburger has great burger, but did you know their salad is the best salad around? Their grilled chicken apple cranberry salad is better than any other salad around.

Whataburger Terrible Customer Service

Good customer service is what this place lacks. I used the drive through to place two orders of 3 chicken strips with fries. The lady took half of my order and then disappeared. I kept saying hello, hello, hello but no one answered. So as a courtesy to the long line of cars behind me, I drove through to the window. As expected they didn't have my order. I gave it to her again but she showed me a terrible attitude and an extreme unprofessional treatment. I asked her for ketchup and BBQ sauce. She charged my card and on the charge was additional charge for BBQ sauce which I never ordered. All I wanted is two orders of 3- chicken strips and fries. The BBQ sauce is free and so is the ketchup. The lady charged me for an extra BBQ sauce that I never ordered and she kept arguing with me that the sauce is not free. She refused to listen to me that I didn't need the extra sauce but of course to no avail. Even though the BBQ sauce is 35 cents, it still pissed me off because their attitude and their poor customer service truly got to me. I filed a complaint with the Whataburger head office to ensure they address their staff at their location on 3797 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX ***. There is no need for rudeness and poor customer service. If the employee is mad at the employer, they shouldn't take their anger out on the customer. I give them zero star for their unprofessional behavior and bad attitude and for charging the customer's credit card for something we never ordered.

C
4:34 pm EDT

Whataburger Online App/Account

My online app was locked on 2/5/24 due to "a chargeback we received for an unauthorized payment." I contacted Whataburger by phone 6 TIMES and email 1 time. I am always told I will be contacted within 3-5 days. WRONG! Seven weeks later, my account is still locked! And worst of all, my $31.42 in my app is being held hostage. Apparently, Whataburger customer service is absolutely worthless!

Desired outcome: My account to be unlocked and my $31.42 to be made available for use.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Whataburger representatives only. If you are affiliated with Whataburger, please claim your business to access these details.

D
8:25 pm EST

Whataburger Service

We placed an order at 5:59 pm on 3/8/24. It took 17 minutes for us to get our order. I was not the only one that was upset. There were people in the drive through coming in, and another customer that complained to the manager. No one seemed to care.

When the manager came by our table on the way to the bathroom she asked how was the food. My wife mentioned that her sandwich was suppose to have cheese and it did not. The manager responded with, why did you eat so much. Wow! We are not looking free food or a free cookie but just letting her know.

The sad part about this is this place used to be run extremely well a few years back. The manager would always push the team to get the orders out quick and the staff were very friendly. Now this is just another burger place with horrible service!

I don't like to complain but they can do so much better. Hire people who actually care. It can be done.

david.[protected]@outlook.com

Claimed loss: None

Desired outcome: Fix the management.

T
2:20 pm EST

Whataburger Customer Service

I went through the drive thru on my lunch break and order the HBBQ CKN STIP MEAL. I asked for onion rings. I was asked to pull up which was 5min of waiting. When I got my order my onions rings were burnt at the bottom and also very hard and crunchy. I went back in and told the lady hey my onion rings are burnt. She then takes them to the girl not sure her name She has a blonde short cut shaved or very thin at the sides and the back. She looks at the girl and says burnt how rolls her eyes and snatches the bag from the worker. None did anything wrong or to her except ask for fresh and decent food. I paid $13 for my lunch; I would like food that is digestible. I am dissatisfied with the service and mood of that place.

Desired outcome: For the customer service experience become more common and friendly. I also want my meal because these onion rings are now having onion hanging out just sloppy.

M
6:31 pm EST

Whataburger Whatacatch meal.

Hello I visit Watabuger restaurant 567 on 211 E. FM 1382 Cedar Hill Tx 75104. Phone number [protected] . On February 27,2024 . On leaving Cook Children Hospital. I had a taste for my favorite Watacatach Dinner Meal Orion rings and a lemonade . Purchase price $9.97.Had to pull in front on the store to wait due too the cooking of my fish. I waited for 27 minutes and went inside to see what took so long. Well when I received my order the fish was frozen still inside had a little dirt in the cup of lemonade. I was so upset. One because I was hungry after being at the hospital from 5:45 am too to 10:00 am from surgery of my grand-daughter. Two wanted my favorite meal. And 3 got screwed.And I gaveJerome S a $2.00 tip. My order number 566278.

I love Watabuger why did they treat me like that.

Vanessa Hunt

[protected].

Claimed loss: $10.60

Desired outcome: My Desire is too just get the best Fish meal in the world.

M
9:09 pm EST

Whataburger Staff and product

Went to store number 1011 at 6:07pm. Friend and i was placing our order (128091) from our cashier with a name badge that stated ...Dude...When it was my turn to place my order. I advised wanted a number 2 with mayo, no mustard, no onions, one piece of cheese and add bacon, also wanted med. strawberry shake as my drink. Dude asked...did i want mustard? So I advised again that i would like mayo, no mustard and no onions. asked if anything else. I asked if he added cheese and bacon...said he no, but he could. after paying for our order, Dude then handed my friend his drink cup. got a med drink cup in his hand, then seen me standing their and said he forgot to give me cup. I pointed to his hand and stated i was waiting on my shake. After receiving shake went to get straw and napkin. There was no napkins in dinning containers. Went to tables ( and went to 3 different tables since they were all dirty. I went up to front and stood waiting on Dude to finish waiting on customers and he asked me if i needed anything. I stated napkins, he said " there isn't any out there" and i stated "no". He stated he would bring them to me. He was the one that brought out our food and offered ketchup and napkins. When i opened my burger. Had mustard on my burger. Which i don't eat or like on any of my food. I wrapped my burger and brought to the counter, a manager asked if in needed anything. I gave her my burger and receipt and stated my burger had mustard on. She didn't state anything to me, just went to the register and rang up what i thought was order using my receipt. Dude then brought me another burger. This one had order (128095) on it. It was a SINGLE burger with mayo..no bacan, no cheese...but then my friend was almost done eating so just eat and hand the two grill receipts (manager kept my register receipt) that both had QR code on them. trided to scan both codes and received (invalid QRCode messages from both grill receipts.)

On the Grill receipts - states name of cashier as Brian L. - don't know why a business would give one of their employees a Whataburger namebadge with DUDE on it.

And sad that DUDE and manager didn't listen to what i was ordering or was listening when my order was not correct. I paid for a #2 with cheese and bacon and ended up eating a #1 with just veggies and mayo.

We live near this location and sad that i feel i cant go to this location and get what i paid for or ordered.

Very bad visit for me.

Claimed loss: Paid for #2 and paid for cheese and bacon to be added. ended up getting ONLY a #1 without cheese or bacon.

View 0 more photos
S
11:11 am EST

Whataburger Service not being prepared

Today at 9:27 I ordered a medium coke. That was all. Two cars were ahead of me. The first car at the window went on, then the second car got to the window and remained there for approx. 9 minutes. Then they received their order and it was my turn. I got to the window, three to four female employees are in plain site laughing and talking and not noticing I am there and no coke is at the window. I go to Whataburger often and I pretty much know the procedure to just getting a drink and how they usually have people pull up to keep the line going.

This morning, when I got to the window, and no one noticed me, until I started moving my arms to let them know, I was waiting for my coke. The person who fixed my drink was rude and let me know she was not happy with me waving my arms. Well, I was not happy that my coke was not there waiting for me.

Desired outcome: better service

G
12:34 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Whataburger I'm complaining how slow the store is near my house

This address 3313 S Cherry Ln, Fort Worth, TX 76116 should be avoided at all costs. It is the worst disorganized whataburger I've ever been to. The drive thru lanes backup and the customer service inside is terrible. It's like some of the people don't care to talk to customers or are scared to. I sat for 20 odd minutes for a order I ordered 10 minutes ahead of time. These people need better leadership because it's sorely lacking at this store. I do not recommend going here. It's like this everytime and I will be going to better whataburgers elsewhere. I got in my car at 11:22 am and the order was placed at 10:47 am and the drive is 8 to 10 minutes to the store. The last time I came here they lost my order.

View 0 more photos
U
9:41 pm EST

Whataburger Shorted order

Placed a pickup order and was shorted 1 cheeseburger. Didn't notice shortage until I arrived home which is 20 minutes away.

I went back for another order and complained to the order taker, and she just said OK and did nothing else. No sorry or let me talk to the manager. I felt like she thought it was my fault for not opening the bag and checking it before I left.

this is the second time I was shorted. The other time was the drive thru.

Claimed loss: from 2 visits. Two cheeseburgers

Desired outcome: A apology and possible two cheeseburgers

J
9:39 pm EST

Whataburger Fries and Sodas

My french-fries were cold dried up like they were made earlier, my three sodas were flat, the fact that I to wait 5-10 minutes for my order behind two other customers in the drive thru who also waiting for their orders, you would expect to get warm fresh food. I called the location to advised of the issue, I was told their CO2 soda machine was not working so they were using soda out of 2 liter plastic bottles which were visible from the drive thru window I think I should have been made aware of this issue while I was ordering to opt out of purchasing three sodas.

I will not be going back to that location! I was very disappointed having spent $43.23 for the only thing editable was the burgers. to be honest they weren't that good the beef patties were so thin it looked more life veggie burger.

Claimed loss: 2/3 of the order

Desired outcome: refund

J
7:39 am EST

Whataburger Service and orders

The New Whataburger in Clarksville TN on 2nd st. This store continuously gets my order wrong, and the wait time is ridiculous. I worked for Whataburger Express in Corpus Christi TX off of SPID so I know how things can get. But when I am the only car in line early morning I expect for my order to be fresh and right. This is not the first time they have messed up my order, I have kept my complaint because they are new. Now I am feed up. I have missed Whataburger and was happy that it finally made it to TN but with the quality of the food this one is putting out I am going to have to start passing it up. This morning I ordered a breakfast taquito (bacon) combo, and a Cobb salad with fries instead of hashbrowns. I commute to work 45 minutes so I wasn't able to catch the mistake until I got to work. I eat my fries when I get them because I don't like cold fries. Well strike one my fries were not fresh (I was the only car in line order took 5 minutes saw them prepping something in the kitchen) strike two did not get Cobb salad (it was lettuce with carrots and bacon that's it) strike3 is this is the 5th time I have received a messed up order most time food not fresh

Claimed loss: An apology would be fine seeing how I don't have my receipt to give accurate information for a refund.

Desired outcome: Please take time to pay attention to the orders and make them fresh and correct. I don't mind waiting for my order I just want it fresh and correct on receiving it. After all that is how Whataburger became so popular in Texas.

N
10:50 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Whataburger - Management

Restaurant 516 112 Benton Spur Road Bossier, La 71111 Time 10:28pm Date 11/24/2023 Order number 567635 Cashier Starshai Placed order at drive thru and order was repeated back and confirmed. Arrived at window to pay and was told kids meal was not on receipt nor was it ordered. I let them know it was ordered, confirmed, and repeated back at intercom...

K
12:12 am EST

Whataburger The worker was rude and yelled at me and my friend.

Worker by the name of Azalyah at the West Adams Temple, tx location yelled at me and my friend. For starters when we approached the register she come up from the back and said "What do you want". My friend asked for a kids whatachicken and the worker said "Oh you want and number 13" and my friend said "no ma'am can I have a kid whatachicken". The worker said "no you want a number 13" the worker proceeded to type in a number 13 and a kid whatachicken my friend asked for her to take the meals off since that wasn't getting what she wanted. The worker said no you have to order something else before I can change the order. I finally stepped in and told her what I wanted she took off everything that was previously ordered and typed in my order. I asked for my sandwhich to be dry and the worker yelled "you mean without the sauce" and I said "yes without the sauce" she then proceeded to get mad at me for asking for my sandwhich to be dry. I also asked for ketchup which she tried to charge me for and then did not give me ketchup. I also told her my name and she proceeded to laugh and repeat my name back to me rudely. Even the people behind me complained about how she treated them.

Desired outcome: I would like the worker to at least have a talking to about her actions and learn how to work better with customers. I will not be coming back due to how rude she was she made me feel very uncomfortable.

Whataburger In-depth Review

Overall Rating: I would give Whataburger a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Food Quality: The food at Whataburger is consistently delicious and satisfying. The burgers are juicy and flavorful, and the fries are always crispy.

Menu Variety: Whataburger offers a wide range of menu options to cater to different tastes and preferences. From classic burgers to chicken sandwiches and salads, there is something for everyone.

Pricing: The pricing at Whataburger is reasonable for the quality and portion sizes. You get a good value for your money.

Customer Service: The customer service at Whataburger is top-notch. The staff is friendly, attentive, and always willing to accommodate special requests.

Cleanliness: The restaurants are always clean and well-maintained. The dining areas and restrooms are regularly cleaned, creating a pleasant dining experience.

Ambiance: The ambiance at Whataburger is casual and inviting. The restaurants have a relaxed atmosphere, perfect for enjoying a meal with friends or family.

Speed of Service: Whataburger is known for its fast service. The food is prepared quickly, and the wait times are usually minimal, even during peak hours.

Online Ordering Experience: The online ordering experience at Whataburger is seamless and user-friendly. The website is easy to navigate, and the ordering process is straightforward.

Delivery Options: Whataburger offers convenient delivery options through third-party delivery services. This is a great option for those who prefer to enjoy their favorite Whataburger meals at home.

Special Offers and Promotions: Whataburger frequently offers special deals and promotions, allowing customers to enjoy their favorite meals at discounted prices.

Accessibility (Locations and Hours): Whataburger has numerous locations across the country, making it easily accessible for most people. The restaurants also have convenient operating hours, ensuring that you can satisfy your cravings at any time of the day.

Dietary Options (Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, etc.): While Whataburger is primarily known for its meaty burgers, they also offer vegetarian options and can accommodate certain dietary restrictions. However, the gluten-free options are limited.

Social Responsibility and Sustainability: Whataburger is committed to social responsibility and sustainability. They source their ingredients responsibly and actively participate in community initiatives.

Loyalty Program: Whataburger has a loyalty program that rewards customers with exclusive offers and discounts. It's a great way to save money while enjoying your favorite meals.

Mobile App Experience: The Whataburger mobile app is user-friendly and convenient. It allows you to easily place orders, customize your meals, and earn rewards.

Drive-Thru Experience: The drive-thru experience at Whataburger is efficient and well-organized. The staff is quick and friendly, ensuring that you get your food without any hassle.

Breakfast Options: Whataburger offers a variety of delicious breakfast options, including breakfast sandwiches, taquitos, and pancakes. It's the perfect way to start your day.

Beverage Selection: Whataburger has a wide range of beverage options, including soft drinks, milkshakes, and iced coffee. There is something to quench every thirst.

Kid-Friendly Options: Whataburger has a kid-friendly menu that includes options like chicken strips and grilled cheese sandwiches. It's a great place to bring the whole family.

Catering Services: Whataburger offers catering services for events and gatherings. They can provide delicious meals for large groups, making it convenient for any occasion.

Community Involvement: Whataburger is actively involved in the community, supporting local charities and initiatives. They are committed to giving back and making a positive impact.

Overall Value for Money: Whataburger offers great value for money. The quality of the food, combined with reasonable prices, makes it a worthwhile dining experience.

Recommendations and Improvements: One area where Whataburger could improve is in expanding their gluten-free options. It would be great to see more choices for those with dietary restrictions.

Summary and Conclusion: Overall, Whataburger is a fantastic fast-food chain that consistently delivers delicious food, excellent customer service, and a pleasant dining experience. Whether you're craving a juicy burger or a satisfying breakfast, Whataburger has you covered. With its convenient online ordering, drive-thru service, and catering options, it's a go-to choice for any occasion.

How to file a complaint about Whataburger?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint with Whataburger on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account: Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account or create a new one if you don’t have an account yet.
2. Navigating to the complaint form: Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website, found at the top right corner.
3. Writing the title: Summarize the main issue with Whataburger in the 'Complaint Title'.
4. Detailing the experience: Provide detailed information about your experience, including key areas of concern, relevant transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, personal impact, and the company's response.
5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any additional supporting documents but avoid including sensitive personal data.
6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.
7. Review before submission: Ensure your complaint is clear, accurate, and complete before submitting.
8. Submission process: Submit your complaint by clicking the 'Submit' button.
9. Post-Submission Actions: Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Follow these steps to effectively file a complaint with Whataburger on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Whataburger customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (210) 496-4000 +1 (972) 756-0096 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Whataburger?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Whataburger Customer Service. Initial Whataburger complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Whataburger above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Whataburger. Discuss the issues you have had with Whataburger and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.