Menu
Sonic Drive-In
reviews & complaints

Sonic Drive-In
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1598 complaints
121 resolved 1477 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Sonic Drive-In. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
4:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Company sucks I called to get my replacement for a raw burger meal I purchased just for them to say they can’t take my receipt on the app that I order from. They needed a paper receipt which I never got so they wouldn’t replace it. Company short of workers and short of Customer service keep in mind the last 3 days I ordered the 10 Rt 44 drinks. Sonic need to step it up

L
9:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yes it's Monday night June 27th I went up to the drive-in. I ordered two medium vanilla shakes one would know whipped cream. When the CarHop brought my order out she told me my balance was 907 I gave her $20 bill she proceeded to give me back a five and five ones with no change. I probably would have allowed her to keep the change had she offered it but...

5:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a chili cheese coney in Lake County, tn at 4:00 p.m. 6/27/2022. As I started to eat the coney on my way back to dyersdurg I notice something that looked a lot like cigarette ashes and brillo pad shredding. I am highly pissed. I was too far down the road to turn around. I will be spreading the word about this sonic. I threw it out! When the car...

J
9:24 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Hours

We “ try” to order from Sonic on emerald Forest Dr, Covington , 70433 hours at managements whim , not structured hours ever! They actually let me push red button to order and there were other cars around.

After pushing red button I sat there for at least 20 minutes, the order screen said soneibe will be with me soon, but never happened so I was just left and I even pushed red button sgdin & still no response. So as I watched the parking lot empty of cars , I decided to leave empty handed: terrible experience 😡👎

Desired outcome: What do you think? Good service, communication as to closing hours and hopefully take my order!

B
3:50 am EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Complaining about service

On June 24 2022 at about 3:30 pm I went to sonic I order a number 11 meal when the car hop came she brought me just food no drinks so I ask her where my drinks was and she oh let me go get it when she came back with me my drink she charge me more on the sign it says the meal is $ 7.99 plus tax so I already paid for the meal but she wanted some more money So if the drink is not included in the meal price you should make it clear on the sign I know was the last time I will get food from sonic

5:39 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Service and food

I pulled into one ordering spot and sat there with the light flickering for almost 15 minutes, they only had four other cars there so I moved to a different spot and pushed the button it took a few minutes I had to repeat my order 4 times and when the food came out the fries were cold and nasty . The facility looks dirty definitely need better management

Desired outcome: Offer better timely services and keep facility clean

1 comment
S
Jun 24, 2022 6:09 pm EDT

I have lowered expectations when dealing with teenage fastfood staff.

R
10:16 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Water with real fruit

Today's date is 6/22/2022 I have visited this sonic drive in several years now because it's close to my work and have eaten lunch there very frequently. Over the last few weeks I have been trying to cut down on sugar type drinks and have been ordering a large water with lemon and real strawberry fruit with extra strawberry which I have to pay for each real fruit which I don't mind paying for if I get it. The problem is I'm not getting it. The last visit I went here it appeared there was only a very little strawberries put just enough to color the water and I only found "one" little sliver of a strawberry in this cup that I paid for and paid extra for the extra fruit I didn't get. I like sonic and like going there, but if this continues I will be forced to delete your app and start going elsewhere for lunch and drinks.

View 0 more photos
U
1:48 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - order placed on 06/22/2022 at 12:06 chk 141

we placed an order and where do I start. We seem to have problems at this location a lot and when you talk to people in the community they will all tell you the same but today oh my goodnes. The special on the chilit tots for .99 well it was not honored, neither was the 1/2 off slush was not. My chicken was suppose to be buffalo and was not. The wacky packs where suppose to have fries not applesauce. We got small fries on the order that we did not ask for but paid for. This is just ridiculous. We called and they where just rude and said that is the way it is.

Desired outcome: I want refunded for the .99 chili tater tots and the half off my 2 slushy and the 2 mini slushy

Jun 22, 2022 1:51 pm EDT

please call back

K
3:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

11715 Central NE, Albuquerque, NM Store #1584 If I could leave negative star review, I definitely would. I had the worst experience at this location. I had used the Sonic mobile app and upon arriving I was not able to check-in. I refreshed my browser, logged out of the app, logged back in, checked my email, and nothing seemed to be working. I decided to...

2:14 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Tues 06/14/22 myself and two boys stopped at Sonic after wrestling practice. We live an hour and forty five minutes from Centralia and come there once a week for wrestling. Tues we were going to stop in Moberly and see the late movie Top Gun. We ordered 2 bacon cheeseburgers no tomato and one pork tenderloin. After 15 minutes I pressed the button once again...

H
10:10 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I arrived at the Sonic on Secor Road (#6256) in Toledo, Ohio at 8:30am this morning 6/16/2022. There was one vehicle at the place at this time and they were ahead of me placing their order when I pulled ip to the drive thru. I sat behind this person ahead of me for 5 minutes before pulling up to place my order. I then had to wait another few minutes before...

A
3:32 am EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Charged twice

I went on Saturday afternoon after I got out of the hospital and ordered my food it came to a little over $19. On Monday night I looked at my bank account and noticed two charges from Sonic the one for $19 and the other one for $10. I know that I didn't make two orders for I placed the order in the drive through. I feel like I should be able to get comped somehow.

Desired outcome: Please refund

B
10:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Me, my wife and my 19 month old daughter went to collinsville IL sonic to grab a quick dinner. 6/14//22 store #3972 receipt says 7:53 pm. I ordered from the stall15 I ordered a small popcorn chicken first then a #5 with no cheese or tomato and another #5 large with a coke. As I’m trying to order the girl rudely says can’t understand u more than once. So I...

P
10:50 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Timing

Pulled up to sonic at 823pm and placed order. Very upset because they were out of ice bags they were out of onion rings! And on top of waiting for my order 45 minutes later they tell me they have to given it to someone else! So I can wait for another order to be made or refund my $ in 2 to 3 business days! I don’t know what is going on with sonic because all your locations seem to be taking a very long time to place orders! When you go to talk to employees to find out what’s wrong they laugh and tell you just to wait! So here we are 922 pm and I’m still waiting for my order! Finally received order at 934 pm

unexceptable!

Desired outcome: I want faster service and more compotent and considerate employees. I pay you $ instantly for a service and if I would have cancelled my order I would have to wait 2 to 3 days for my money is definitely not acceptable!

1:50 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Customer Service

Store 6690, Delta Shores, CA. Yesterday Sunday June 13, 2022, we arrived at 8:14pm and were turned away. A young worker stated a white car would be the last car, they are closing. The worker said Google hours are 10pm, but manager is changing it to 8pm. We left along with other cars. But we waited for a bit to decide where else to go. During this time, we saw the same worker let 4 to five cars in the line. We went back to the line. Now the employee stated the gray car is the last. We informed him we saw you let four cars in, why? The employee left. Later another employee stating he was the supervisor names Joshua. Joshua stated we must leave they are closed. We asked why the employee let four cars in. Joshua said the white car was the last and they let them in the driveway menu. No, we said, your staff let four cars in. Joshua said we are a franchisee, get out of here. You are banned.

Why is this location turning away customers and only letting those in they choose? Why is this location making their own business hours decision on a spot. You have a massive line circling the lot and choosing who to let in and when to close. This is not right, this is segregation. We only wanted a drink from a long drive. It's not right to be treated this way? The company website says 10pm close, google maps 10pm. Then a supervisor named Joshua says get out here. There are many people out of work, homeless, and without opportunities or chances. These are the people running a franchise? This is customer service?

M
7:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered 3 medium slush 1 Grape with nerds, 1 Grape & 1 Cherry Slush. I informed the person who took that I will like less ice and more juice which I did not get. Instead of a Cherry slush I received a light blue looking slush with special on it Stall # 4 TRAY: X3 Check# 704548 Carhop Trinity It was a guy who took my order Date: June 10, 22

12:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Friday June 3, 2022. I went to the sonics in Greenville Mississippi. The address is 729 East Reed Road. I place an order at 10:40am. At 11 I end up pushing the button again because my order has not came out. I tell the supervisor or whoever the guy was that took my order, that I have not received my order yet. That's when he tell me it's only one person...

View 0 more photos
P
8:31 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We ate at a sonic drive-in restaurant two weeks ago. I had a hamburger fries and a Coke. Afterward my husband and I ordered shakes. I had the Oreo cheesecake shake. Unfortunately I got the shake to go and or not from town…. We were just driving through. So, about 15 miles outside of town I got a nice large chunk of peanut butter in my shake. unfortunately I...

11:15 pm EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Food and service

Got there and all I ordered was 5 blasts and a pretzel.. Took 5 min for them to even answer little red button... Then when they did they didn't read order back to me correct, had to correct that... She said it was gonna be a while with only 3 other cars there.. We waited for 20 min... So I was patient and waited.. Forgot some of order so the other person she came out with had to go back in. Gave me the wrong change back.. She had to go back in to get change... She had to ask us how much our order was for.. Then on top of all that, the icecreams were melted and not done right. Didn't notice that till we made it home and there was a fake nail in one of our blasts... I am not one to complain but this is unacceptable. This is sad! I will never be back there again!

S
11:29 am EDT

Sonic Drive-In - Cleanliness

This place is absolutely disgusting no one washes hands, no one cleans, and I mean they don’t clean anything at all you can’t even see a reflection on the grease traps they are so piled up with grease it drips onto the burgers along with all the grease and roaches all over the floors and walls I don't understand how they are even open no one should ever get food from this place

Desired outcome: Shut it down or clean it up properly it’s disgusting no one should be served this food it’s beyond dangerous and I will have something done about it

Sonic Drive-In contacts