Having problems with Walgreens?

200 Wilmot Rd, MS № 2002
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

cashier walked away

I was in the check out line and the employee, a very young boy, looks at his watch and says "Oh No, I need to be outa here, he paged another employee and started to walk away ..I asked him whats up? He replied that he had returns and had to leave at 9:30 (it was 9:12), about ten minutes past, then I heard voices. The young kid yelled to someone that there were customer's in line.An older man stated loudly"then ring them out !" the young guy said he need to leave and the older guy said loudly "you don't just leave, you wait until I get there" the younger guy said "No I gotto go at 9:30. The older guy yelled "its not even 9:30. Then an older guy about fifty or so showed up and rang everyone out and apologized. I think the older guy should not have have been so hard on the kid. I told him he was a idiot. Yes the kid was irresponsible but there was nothing that the manager could really do about it. I also think the kid was very young and didn't know any better. He was about 16 or so.

• Ga
    Gary Gilmer Jun 04, 2009

I am unsure what the loud conversation mean, but it sounds like the manager was concerned about customer service and being responsible. You state that the manager apologized . There was no threats or name calling toward the employee. The employee just walked away from customers . I think if I were manager, I would have said a bit more to the cashier. I do not think the manager was an idiot at all.

• Mo
    Moochums Jun 11, 2009

Your complaint is stupid. The older guy (more then likley the manager) was tryin to show some customer service and respect.

janeff73 Aug 04, 2009

you are the idiot. The manager didn't want the cashier walking away when it wasn't even time to go.YOu are supposed to wait till 9:30 to do your go-backs. The cashier left when he wasnt supposed to and deserved a write up.

janeff73 Dec 05, 2009

seriously, you are an idiot for yelling at the manager. Customers like you should not be allowed at the store.

janeff73 Dec 05, 2009

9:12 is not ten minutes past.It's 12 minutes past. Actually, there was plenty the manager could do. He could give the kid a write-up or fire him. Managers are in charge of the cashiers. They can do stuff.

employee benefits

Walgreens sent out their benefits update for May 2009. In big letters it said “Combining Good Busine...

Rude Pharmacy Tech

A Pharmacy Tech named Harris was the rudest individual I have ever encountered at a walgreens after telling...

customer service

Dont ever sign up for auto-matic refills for your mail order drugs and never leave your credit card on file or it will cost you in the long run. Make the call every three months to make sure your Doctor still wants you to take the medication. I made the mistake of signing up to have two maintenance drugs mailed to me every three months, leaving my credit card on file, and then I called two months before the next shipment and cancelled one of the drugs and then right before the next order was to be filled my Doctor took me off the second drug, and would you believe the CSR never processed my first request, and they mailed me both drugs and hit my account for $130 for drugs I can not use, and they will not take them back and will not provide a refund, even for their error for not processing my first request. Their response is they have no record of my request, but who makes a record of something they did not do, and they will not accept the drugs being retuned to them, even if you do not open the package and return it to them in the same package they sent to you. If there was not a security issue with the package when they sent it, why would there be one when it is returned, and I am the liar for saying I called in the first place. They don't even consider they may have made a mistake, so I pay for their mistake and mine

incorrect pricing

Typically the store will print a sale flyer offering a deferred cash back coupon ("Register Rewards") with a...

don't understand insurance

My Blue Cross plan is a Health Savings Account. We get $1400/per year/per family. After the $1400 is used up, we pay cash for any doctor visits, lab, RX etc.
I guess the Walgreens was out of the generic blood pressure meds I was prescribed, so they took it upon themselves to give me the equilivent brand name med. Their reasoning was: "I ran it through and it was free!". I explained to them that everything is "free" until I use up my allotment. She couldn't understand it. I told her I did not want the brand name meds, that I wanted generic, and could wait for them to order it. She said "well it's free, so I can't figure out why you want the generic", and slammed the phone down. They keep trying this every month, so instead of having $4 taken out of my health savings account, I get $62 taken out. What a dope, I transferred all my prescriptions to Walmart, which will probably be another messed up situation.

• It
    italnstaln Jun 08, 2009

try working for these people as i did! OMG!!! it is worse in upper management...and if you do not do exactly as they want you to...they will terminate you without cause...

• Br
    BrutallyTaxed Sep 01, 2009

My situation is opposite. The generic version of my medication wasn't approved by FDA. So it wasn't covered by my insurance company while the branded version is covered.

The dope at walgreens filled it with Generic version and made me pay $35+ as opposed to $10 copay. Shouldn't she have had the common sense to check which version is covered and which isn't?

Because I realized this after taking one capsule, they wouldn't exchange or refund.

inconsiderate company

I have been working at Walgreens for five and a half years. I have learned every area of the store, except...

Resolved neglect/irresposibility

I have used Walgreen's website for the past few years and can log into it with no problem. However, the information states that my doctor must be contacted...etc; which is simply not true. My prescriptions are called in. I did not receive an email that they were ready as before (of which I have previously called concerning the very same complaint of Walgreens neglect and site errors). Calling the Walgreens on Magnolia Dr. in Tallahassee, Florida where I shop, they advise me they are not responsible for website. They must input my information, so this is obviously a falsehood, and the same "excuse" I received from them with my previous call of their neglect from that same pharmacy. I have called the Home Office on the prior complaint for the same problem, and they advised me that the pharmacist must input the information. So I am being referred back and forth. I find Walgreen's website completely useless, as it is never up to date, fails to notify me by email as it used to in the past, as well as failing to take responsibility for "dropping the ball" in that which should be a "seamless" operation. It renders the Walgreen's website totally useless and the staff untrustworthy. After this being the second time I have had to file a complaint with Walgreens and them failing to accept their mistakes and correcting them, as well as rendering the website useless for customer information and sevice, I am trying to find another pharmacist to handle my needs. I am retired now, and use to be a Quality Control Specialist for Dupont, and there is simply no excuse for such nonsense.

minus Apr 11, 2009

hi Richard: I have big issues with walgreens also. Have you tried Costco or k mart, they are awesome and a whole lot cheaper. Check out their prices. I am content now. NEVER GO TO WALGREENS.

sINCERELY, Minus

• Id
    idiothater Apr 23, 2009

You sound like an idiot. Whether you have a valid complaint or not is impossible to tell because you try to sound intelligent by putting a bunch of big words together and instead come off as completely confusing.

Believe me I am no defender of Walgreens but the pharmacist does NOT have anything to do with their website and we aren't given any information on how the website works. How about calling in your refills if you find the internet too difficult to use?? Or are you too busy writing overly wordy accounts of a really stupid complaint?

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

The stores generally have nothing to do with the website. Not sure who told you otherwise, but you should know that people at the corporate level rarely have any information about how things actually work day to day at a store level. Their knowledge is all theoretical.

But all that is academic in the face of your mindless idioacy. Neglect? What? When did you suffer neglect? How were you wronged? Because there was a system glitch and the website didn't send your information to the pharmacy like it was supposed to? What do you think you are entitled to here? I hope that if I am able to retire someday that I'll have better things to do than submit baseless complaints in an effort to denigrate a company that hasn't done anything to me.

I'll bet the people at the store you frequent will be glad to see you leave forthe last time.

minus May 11, 2009

dear iodiothater: Did you read the right complaint? Mine has nothing to do with the pharmacist or their website. Sincerely, Minus

minus May 11, 2009

dear Aaron: Did you read the right complaint? It has nothing to do with neglect or a system glitch, or their website. You are confused.

Sincerely, Minus

• Gr
    GreenYamo Jun 05, 2009

Dear Minus: nobody was talking to you in the first place. They're referring to the original post.

As for the original post, the pharmacist has absolutely nothing to do with the website, and the way you worded everything probably confused the hell out of the corporate office, too. The pharmacist DOES input your info for the store records, but that has absolutely no connection to the website.

• Ki
    kimtbm Feb 26, 2010

Walgreens puts your information in the computer, phone number, address, email address ect. As long as all that is correct, you should be getting emails and phone calls with no problems. We DO NOT have any sort of control on the website at store level at all. You are wrong in assuming we do.

price gouging

oN 4-6-09 I went to the E.R. for an infection. It was after 9:00 p.m. when I was released so I had to go to Walgreens instead of my pharm. For 30 capsules of PENICILLIN they tried to charge me $108.71. (SCAM) I know my prices and I refused and left. The following morning I went to my pharmacy and was chgd. $29, 99. BIG DIFFERENCE. (it was generic also) I e-mailed them twice about this and they won't return an explanation. Walgreens is famous for over charging...DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT GIVE WALGREENS ANY BUSINESS OF ANY KIND..

Sincerely, Minus

• Go
    gomakemeasandwich Jun 04, 2009

I have to second this, as Walgreens overcharges on prescriptions an absurd amount. The only reason to even go to Walgreens is that they have a lot of stores that are open 24 hours; that is the only positive to filling prescriptions there.

• Vi
    viewscope Jun 15, 2009

I third that. I have a prescription that was $30 and now $100. I already stoped taking one prescription. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE SO WALLGREENS CAN MAKE BIGGER PROFITS?

• Mg
    mgtab Jun 29, 2009

One- did this walgreesn you when to have your insurance on file? Did you bother to give them your card? Did you ask for the generic? All of these are your fault. Walgreens charges the same as every other Pharmacy it's up to your insurance, wheither they cover the drug or what your co-pay might be. Some times the manufactuer changes the drug causing the one you used to get to become unavalible. Maybe the new drug costs more or is not covered. Either way... Shut the hell up

minus Apr 30, 2014

For God's sake it was Amoxicilin. This isn't my first run in with Walgreens. Yes, I asked for generic, I always do. And, I was paying cash. You must work for Walgreens, gtab...I feel sorry for you.

Resolved pharmacist attitude problem

Went today to pick up prescriptions for my wife.She has been fighting cancer for 3 years now, and I have been...

Resolved discrimination

I am an Assistant Manager at store #2986. I have worked with the company for almost 8 years and truly enjoy...

Resolved rude employee vicki

I had a question about a product that had been recalled and noticed that one kind of the brand was on the...

Resolved inconsistent coupon policy

Walgreens needs to print and distribute their coupon policy to ALL of their stores, distric managers, store...

Resolved prescription

It was brought to my attention that my mother received a presciption 2/18/09 for avelox 400mg. When she read your information sheets she discovered that due to her medications she is on as known by her records at the store should not be taking it. The store was called to explain the conflict with the medication causing life threatning problems she was told if you walk out the door with a drug it is yours live with it. I thought walgeens advertises that you protect this from happening to your customers. Due to their lack of follow thru it cost my mother who is 87 years old and can not afford 74.80 and her finances are low. Her address is Bernice Rainey 160 N. mediterrean Blvd Port St Lucie Florida 33452. Hopfully you can help her out due to the giving her the scrip that could of killed her.

• St
    stealthrx Apr 09, 2009

I think the fact it was 74.80 was the reason she couldn't take it!!

• Id
    idiothater Apr 23, 2009

totally agree with Jason and stealth...Walgreens system picks up on interactions. How smart can anyone in your family be if you are dumb enough to put her address on the internet??? Let's hear the FULL story, if there WAS an interaction what new med was she put on?

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

Um...you do realize that this isn't a walgreens site, right? So when you say "your information sheets" to whom do you refer?

I'm pretty sure complaits board doesn't issue perscriptions...

Seriously, instead of wasting time here, go into the store, ask to speak to the store manager...go during the day before 5pm. If the store manager isn't there or isn't helpful ask for the phone number for the district office. And finally...

DON'T EVER RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION ON A WEBPAGE!!!

Samioday Jan 12, 2014

I have been filling my medication at walgreens in Connecticut for years. I thought that they would fill it no matter what state you were in. On vacation I went to the walgreens in Florida . Gave them my written prescription and Id, s . They had all my records on file .Said they could not fill it cause it was an out of state prescription. Went to walmarts they filled it within the hour. What's up with that.?????

Resolved won't return my money

put $300.00 on to card and then was told that I had no money on card . I have the ref. # R N F [protected] and I would like to know what happen to the $300.00 that I had put on the card at Walgreen's and I need the money asp. they said that Greendo0t had it I would a refund

• Ke
    keetly Mar 18, 2009

I work at walgreens. the thing is - we just sell the cards, they are not our product, and thus we cannot give refunds for them - we don't have the authority - and there are signs on all the card holders that say that we cannot give refunds for them. The only thing you can do is go to the greendot people. And actually I've had a greendot as well - and i noticed a few times that funds would mysteriously disappear - after I called them and did a lot of yelling the funds + some had been mysteriously added back on to my card. So maybe you're yelling at the wrong people. I don't know if its the same as all walgreens, but at the one I work at we DO have signs EVERYWHERE saying specifically that we cannot give refunds on giftcards/phonecards/greendot refill cards and the like.

• El
    eldin Apr 01, 2009

do you have the green moneypak card that u handed to the cashier when you gave them $300? or did they scan the back of the credit card?

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

If you needed the money asap that might be the problem. It can take over 24-hours for money to show up on the card. And are you sure you didn't buy a moneypack and forget to apply it to you card?

Nitehawke May 11, 2009

Keetly, why is Walgreens the ONLY merchant I have ever found selling greendot reload cards that holds the money for an hour before you can put it on your card? What the hell is that all about?

It's irritating as hell and I can't imagine they get so much Greendot business that they are making a ton of interest by holding the money for an hour!

If you have any idea, let us know!

• Sh
    shopamom Sep 23, 2009

READ!!! As an employee of Walgreen's I have noticed that people will not take the time to read! Reading is fundamental people!

Resolved horrible job

I use to work for walgreens and its really a bad company to work for. if you call in sick once you get in trouble, even if you break your arm, they still get mad. you cant take holdays off, you are required to work christmas or they might fire you. the company has been around for over 10o years and they have no clue what they are doing. you get an hour of overtime and its the end of the world. but the ceo is making his millions. i know many companies are like this, but people think walgreens is so great. ha!! I was a manager for many years and i dont recomend it. you pay a cashier $8 an hour to clean toliets. and clean up many other sick things.

• Ke
    keetly Mar 18, 2009

I work for walgreens now. I completely agree with you. Working there sucks. For holidays we were told by the managers that we got to volunteer for which holiday we'd prefer to work and we would only have to work one. (So if you worked thanksgiving you were supposed to get christmas off and if you didn't work thanksgiving then expect to work christmas). Well, everyone who worked thanksgiving was made to work christmas and new years as well. As for calling in sick: since it was my first job, I had worked there four months and had never missed a day and always came in early. This one day I was really sick, I had spent several hours in the bathroom throwing up and could barely move, there was no way I would've been able to come in. So I called in, four hours before my shift was due to start, giving them plenty of time to call someone in if they had to. I was reprimanded. They acted like I had committed some egregious sin, even though I had gone out of my way to make sure that they were not inconvenienced by my illness. When they learned that one of the pharmacists was going to be gone for awhile because he had fractured a bone in his leg and needed surgery the store manager and the shift supervisor [censor]ed about it in front of other employees and customers. In the end they simply fired him. And I would forget about taking paid sick days - to this day I still don't know how to go about getting that. Also, if you are having problems with a manager and call employee relations - it doesn't do anything. I have had four employees call about the same manager - nothing has ever been done. This same manager has also been responsible for the quitting of two other employees who were very vocal about exactly why they were quitting - again, nothing has ever been done. I could go on forever. They are an unfair employer who pays very little for a hell of a lot of work. As soon as I can afford to (though that day might never come considering just how little they pay me) I'm quitting.

• Kn
    knotdamomma Jul 14, 2009

I'm agreeing more with the first commenter than the original poster. It's sad, but true.

nickerz Aug 14, 2009

I have worked for Walgreens for 5 years. Im only 22 and I am an assistant manager. I agree to some point that some of the policies are strict, but in my five years I have seen the change in people and their work ethic. People will call in if they have a stuffy nose. This is also sad, but true. So no matter how good of a worker you are, if you call in sick it still leaves more work for the rest of the crew for your shift, and yea, that might piss some people off. However, I can understand if you never call in sick and show up early, and you call at a reasonable time for the managers to get someone to cover your shift, hey, everyone gets sick. That's fine. But all in all i think walgreens is a very flexible company to work for. Who else do you know that will let you go to college, and only work 1 day a month to keep you on payroll and then promise you a full time position when school is out?? I couldn't find many, I was grateful that when i was on summer break from school that i was able to have a guaranteed full time job when i came home. Also, I have been to 5 different stores now, and you will have the ### managers who don't know squat about what they are doing and all you can really do is ignore it. There is going to be one of those wherever you go. So i really don't see a point in putting Walgreens as a whole down, considering you would have to do it wherever else you would go because you would have the same problem anywhere else. And its a retail thing, the store manager gets pissed when something happens, because with you, or without you, they still need to run their store. Its not like some office job where you can call in sick and someone else can answer your calls or have them go to voicemail, when someone doesn't show up, for whatever reason, an entire department of the store is screwed. And with Walgreens being a convenient place to shop by it being so small, we don't need that many employees to run it. So its not like you can call 20 other people to see if someone can cover your shift like any other retailer (walmart, kmart, target). So unless you want to sit there and say that all retail jobs suck, you can't just nail walgreens. and if that's the case, you might as well look into another line of work.

• Ps
    Psssh Dec 31, 2010

I can't believe that you think Walgreens is flexible, especially for students. They put me through hell the first semester that I worked there. They never remembered the days I had class (only two days a week!) and would schedule me and then make me responsible for covering that shift. And like you said, there are not enough employees, either they work that same day, or they are at there hours. God forbid someone should work overtime to help someone else further their education, much less for any other good reason. Then come exam time, despite a month and a half notice, I was scheduled heavily before my exams when I REALLY needed to study to make up for everything I missed because of scheduling problems, AND I was scheduled during my actual exam time! They told me they were flexible when they hired me, but how can you say that when you know there are not enough employees to allow any flexibility?

• As
    ASMGSpot May 19, 2014

Bunch of cry babies I've worked with pregnant women with walgreens who shown up to work until they popped without calling out. It's obvious the cry babies here are the lazy slackers with the company that's why have had some form of discipline. Stop crying and work a Damn tote for once!

Resolved bad customer service

I am very upset with my recent visit to Walgreens pharmacy. I had an RX transfered to walgreens from cvs this week for my husband. I went and dropped off my insurance cards, and when I gave the lady my insurance cards she said the medication that I was to pick up was not covered. This is not true, I called my insurance company and there had not even been an authorization for this anywhere. So I had to call back and speak with the pharmacist. She said they never even put in my info and just ran the last card they had listed. She said sorry and everything was ok.
I went to pick up my rx that night. The lady was rude, and told me that I could not use my 25.00 free gift card coupon for this transfered rx because it was a new rx. What does it matter, I transfered it from cvs to walgreens and you are getting the business. I always use cvs and I think I am begining to understand why I do that now.

• Me
    mermaid513 Mar 15, 2009

If you were able to read you would see that the coupon says "transferred" prescription, not "new and transferred". Transferred means a prescriptions you are currently getting at another pharmacy with refills on it that Walgreens has to call the other pharmacy and get TRANSFERRED to them.
    Not to mention it also says that the gift card can't be used to pay for prescription co-pays anyway.

• El
    eldin Apr 01, 2009

true i dont think you would have even been able to get that stupid gift card thing, cause it only works for people who flat out pay for their prescriptions or use like a health flex spending account.

nickerz Aug 14, 2009

if you were to read the fine print on the check, it clearly states that it is not to be used in the pharmacy. only for store purchases. or can't you read. its people like you, who make a big fuss over something they know nothing about that make the employees get pissed off and give you attitude. yea, if i were helping you, i probably would have done the same thing. dont get me wrong, i would have politely explained that to you, but once you say "what does it matter" is when all things go to hell. it does matter. they don't just waste their breath telling you things that dont matter.

• Ev
    Evelyn Berry Jan 09, 2010

I went to get my high blood pressure medication prescription filled and was told that the pharmacists and persons working in the pharmacy were too busy to help me. I was down to only one pill and this is detrimental to my health to not help me. I changed over my health insurance coverage and had not received my new card yet when I went to fill my prescription. I tried to give them all of my information but was told that they did not have time to call and verify my information, and to come back in 2 hours. I can understand if the persons in the pharmacy were busy but they were not courteous when informing me of how they could not help me for at least 2 hours. Customer service is a major aspect of working to serve the public and this was not shown with my experience.

• Wa
    Wags Useless Jan 13, 2010

Yes Walgreens could not be ANY WORSE! They are horrible, I will never EVER patronize them again. My experience is horrible and I will go to CVS or Target. The Walgreens Home Care Center is deplorable and customer service outragous deplorable!

• Co
    ConnorsMommy Jan 27, 2010

are you kidding? you don't have your insurance info, a BIN#, or ID# and you expect the pharmacy to do ALL your leg work for you? whatever. it's called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY for your own health, and seriously, YOUR calling your 1800 number BEFORE you were down to your last pill would have avoided this issue ALTOGETHER. whatever.

• Ki
    kimtbm Feb 26, 2010

It is your responsibility to give them the correct insurance cards. How are they supposed to bill your insurance if they don't have it?

Resolved pricing

Had a prescription filled and it was 22.00. Got home thinking that was a bit high so checked Wal-Mart and Kroger...both 4.00 over 5x higher at Walgreens. I thought it was a mistake, but no...called got a rude punk, who said " we don't have a 4.00 plan". Can't imagine why anyone would ever use them...I never will again.

• 04
    0407 Mar 05, 2009

Who is the Jason guy. He is going around to all the Walgreens complaints talking ignorant. He must work for Walgreens, because that's just the type of rude people they let climb the corporate ladder!

• St
    stealthrx Apr 10, 2009

You should check the price of medication BEFORE you buy. Thats like buying a car, then going to the dealership afterwards with competitors prices!!

• Ra
    rayj467 Sep 26, 2009

Actually they do have a medication discount plan.
    You have to pay something like $15 just to join.
    One reason people join is that Walgreens Rx's are all linked across the U.S. and they are sold on the whole card thing that when you buy a walgreens brand item it 'banks' a % of that product for the next purchase. of course it isn't explained that way...it's definitely misrepresented because teh pharm people don't know how it works on reg otc meds.
    BUT...it's cheaper to just go get it at Walmart for $4 and not deal w/ the stupid card

Resolved rx services

Left prescription for my 2 year old daughter for 3 medications, all respiratory related, 2 for breathing treatments. Was told it would be an hour. Went back in an hour and was told that they were out of two of the three medications and wouldn't have them for at least another day. Had to have the scripts sent to another pharmancy and ended up having to wait 2 hours longer but at least got the meds.

Left rx for two of my children at walgreens, one for each child, same med, antibiotic. Was told it would be 45 min to one hour. Went back an hour later. They only ran insurance on one child, had to wait for them to run on other (15 min) then had to wait another 10 min for meds. Got home and had two rx for one child and none for the other. After pharmacy was closed. Had to call 24 hour pharmacy to find out what to do with liquid med. They put same childs name on both meds, put dosage information for pill form on liquid antibiotic bottle. Charged my insurance $170.00 more for liquid med., same med as pill form. I returned med that was labeled wrong, they didn't have any idea what happened. Had to wait another 30 min for rx refill.

Rediculous and DANGEROUS!!! Had I not been paying attention, I could have given my child a dangerous dose of wrong med!!! Makes me wonder how many other people this has happened to!!!

• Co
    Colleen Stevenson Mar 10, 2010

I took a prescription after work to be filled. I got there at 4:10 and they told me it would be about 20 minutes. I finally got my script at 5:00. I usually go to walmart because they are cheaper than you guys but after working nine hours I didn't feel like the walk or dealing with the other people. Next time I will deal with it. It hasnever taken them more than 15 min. to fill a script. Maybe you need two pharmacists to fill orders at that time of day.

Resolved pharmacist is a thief

After having prescription filled at walgreens at 5320 clinton hwy. knoxville tennesse i got home and discovered that the bottle was short 11 pills. when i called the pharmacy i was called a liar and that their pharmacist did not make mistakes. this prescription was for percocet for my wifes back pain. the only person that had access to these pills was the pharmacist and my self. my e-mail address is This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it i am reporting this incident to the local police and the pharmacy board of the state of tennesee in hopes of preventing this happening to any one else.

• Sh
    Shipaddict Mar 22, 2009

The only time we get a prescription that is short is when we get a controled substance like this one. My husband had a total knee replacement. The pain pills helped him through therapy and to sleep off the pain. Every bottle we had filled was short. But we counted them in front of the supervisor and she say that indeed the count was off and gave us more pills. One day we counted them at the window instead and was called a liar and they accussed us of miscounting them.

joseph evenson Mar 31, 2009

Here is our complaint sent to Walgreen over their website.

On 27 March 2009 my Fiancé and I went to the Walgreens store in Des Moines, WA to purchase a prescription for our daughter. The Pharmacist, Tang Tran, provided inaccurate information regarding the supply length of the drug we purchased. When we heard how much the prescription was going to cost $69.99, and that it was not covered by our insurance we informed him that this cost was too high. We then asked him how long the supply we were purchasing would last and he said one year. We thought that was a fair price so we decided to purchase the prescription. When we arrived home we read the box and it said it was a one-month supply. Because of this we had to go back to point this out and request a refund.

When we returned to discuss this, on 28 March, Mr. Tran treated us very rude and condescending and would not refund our money, even though he had made a mistake (he was adamant that we should pay for his mistake). He was very unprofessional and emotional, and accusatory towards us. Examples of things he said were “You should know that it would not last for one-year”. Why would we know this, and why would we ask him in the first place, if we had this knowledge. He also said “I [he] will go to jail if I take this prescription back”. This was a lie. The WAC of Washington State does not state this. It states that it would be illegal for him to take it back from us and then to resell it. He continued in this tone of accusations until one of the other employees asked us to return when the main pharmacy manager was in.

The pharmacist should have simply stated that he is sorry, that he cannot authorize a refund, but we will need to speak to the manager when she is in. Also, initially, when we indicated the price was high he should have suggested he look into a replacement that our insurance would cover and speak with our Doctor.

We will not be able to continue to support a company that employs this level of unprofessionalism in their employees.

We did return tonight (30 March) and discussed the matter with the Pharmacy Manager, Bessie Ament, Pharm D. Initially she seemed reluctant to refund the purchase. She made it sound like we had misunderstood; likely due to the prior conversation she had with Mr. Tran. After seeing that we had not misunderstood, that Mr. Tran had treated us unprofessionally, and had given us false information, she finally refunded us the purchase price.

This entire incident was completely unnecessary; it caused undue stress due to the derogatory and unprofessional treatment from Mr. Tran, caused my fiancé to become ill, took up much of our time in two unnecessary trips to the store, and has taken our time to write this complaint.

Mr. Tran should treat all customers fairly, equally, and professionally. In addition, he should understand the Washington State laws regarding his profession (in reference to him making the statement that we were asking him to do something illegal that he would go to prison for).

• En
    Engineerswife07 Apr 04, 2011

People ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS count your pain meds right there at the counter in front of them. No matter what pharmacy you use or how many times you have been there for your other medications. Trust nobody!!!