Having problems with Walgreens?

200 Wilmot Rd, MS № 2002
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

pharmacist attitude problem

Went today to pick up prescriptions for my wife.She has been fighting cancer for 3 years now, and I have been...

discrimination

I am an Assistant Manager at store #2986. I have worked with the company for almost 8 years and truly enjoy...

rude employee vicki

I had a question about a product that had been recalled and noticed that one kind of the brand was on the...

inconsistent coupon policy

Walgreens needs to print and distribute their coupon policy to ALL of their stores, distric managers, store...

prescription

It was brought to my attention that my mother received a presciption 2/18/09 for avelox 400mg. When she read your information sheets she discovered that due to her medications she is on as known by her records at the store should not be taking it. The store was called to explain the conflict with the medication causing life threatning problems she was told if you walk out the door with a drug it is yours live with it. I thought walgeens advertises that you protect this from happening to your customers. Due to their lack of follow thru it cost my mother who is 87 years old and can not afford 74.80 and her finances are low. Her address is Bernice Rainey 160 N. mediterrean Blvd Port St Lucie Florida 33452. Hopfully you can help her out due to the giving her the scrip that could of killed her.

• St
    stealthrx Apr 09, 2009

I think the fact it was 74.80 was the reason she couldn't take it!!

• Id
    idiothater Apr 23, 2009

totally agree with Jason and stealth...Walgreens system picks up on interactions. How smart can anyone in your family be if you are dumb enough to put her address on the internet??? Let's hear the FULL story, if there WAS an interaction what new med was she put on?

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

Um...you do realize that this isn't a walgreens site, right? So when you say "your information sheets" to whom do you refer?

I'm pretty sure complaits board doesn't issue perscriptions...

Seriously, instead of wasting time here, go into the store, ask to speak to the store manager...go during the day before 5pm. If the store manager isn't there or isn't helpful ask for the phone number for the district office. And finally...

DON'T EVER RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION ON A WEBPAGE!!!

Samioday Jan 12, 2014

I have been filling my medication at walgreens in Connecticut for years. I thought that they would fill it no matter what state you were in. On vacation I went to the walgreens in Florida . Gave them my written prescription and Id, s . They had all my records on file .Said they could not fill it cause it was an out of state prescription. Went to walmarts they filled it within the hour. What's up with that.?????

won't return my money

put $300.00 on to card and then was told that I had no money on card . I have the ref. # R N F [protected] and I would like to know what happen to the $300.00 that I had put on the card at Walgreen's and I need the money asp. they said that Greendo0t had it I would a refund

• Ke
    keetly Mar 18, 2009

I work at walgreens. the thing is - we just sell the cards, they are not our product, and thus we cannot give refunds for them - we don't have the authority - and there are signs on all the card holders that say that we cannot give refunds for them. The only thing you can do is go to the greendot people. And actually I've had a greendot as well - and i noticed a few times that funds would mysteriously disappear - after I called them and did a lot of yelling the funds + some had been mysteriously added back on to my card. So maybe you're yelling at the wrong people. I don't know if its the same as all walgreens, but at the one I work at we DO have signs EVERYWHERE saying specifically that we cannot give refunds on giftcards/phonecards/greendot refill cards and the like.

• El
    eldin Apr 01, 2009

do you have the green moneypak card that u handed to the cashier when you gave them $300? or did they scan the back of the credit card?

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

If you needed the money asap that might be the problem. It can take over 24-hours for money to show up on the card. And are you sure you didn't buy a moneypack and forget to apply it to you card?

Nitehawke May 11, 2009

Keetly, why is Walgreens the ONLY merchant I have ever found selling greendot reload cards that holds the money for an hour before you can put it on your card? What the hell is that all about?

It's irritating as hell and I can't imagine they get so much Greendot business that they are making a ton of interest by holding the money for an hour!

If you have any idea, let us know!

shopamom Sep 23, 2009

READ!!! As an employee of Walgreen's I have noticed that people will not take the time to read! Reading is fundamental people!

horrible job

I use to work for walgreens and its really a bad company to work for. if you call in sick once you get in trouble, even if you break your arm, they still get mad. you cant take holdays off, you are required to work christmas or they might fire you. the company has been around for over 10o years and they have no clue what they are doing. you get an hour of overtime and its the end of the world. but the ceo is making his millions. i know many companies are like this, but people think walgreens is so great. ha!! I was a manager for many years and i dont recomend it. you pay a cashier $8 an hour to clean toliets. and clean up many other sick things.

• Ke
    keetly Mar 18, 2009

I work for walgreens now. I completely agree with you. Working there sucks. For holidays we were told by the managers that we got to volunteer for which holiday we'd prefer to work and we would only have to work one. (So if you worked thanksgiving you were supposed to get christmas off and if you didn't work thanksgiving then expect to work christmas). Well, everyone who worked thanksgiving was made to work christmas and new years as well. As for calling in sick: since it was my first job, I had worked there four months and had never missed a day and always came in early. This one day I was really sick, I had spent several hours in the bathroom throwing up and could barely move, there was no way I would've been able to come in. So I called in, four hours before my shift was due to start, giving them plenty of time to call someone in if they had to. I was reprimanded. They acted like I had committed some egregious sin, even though I had gone out of my way to make sure that they were not inconvenienced by my illness. When they learned that one of the pharmacists was going to be gone for awhile because he had fractured a bone in his leg and needed surgery the store manager and the shift supervisor [censor]ed about it in front of other employees and customers. In the end they simply fired him. And I would forget about taking paid sick days - to this day I still don't know how to go about getting that. Also, if you are having problems with a manager and call employee relations - it doesn't do anything. I have had four employees call about the same manager - nothing has ever been done. This same manager has also been responsible for the quitting of two other employees who were very vocal about exactly why they were quitting - again, nothing has ever been done. I could go on forever. They are an unfair employer who pays very little for a hell of a lot of work. As soon as I can afford to (though that day might never come considering just how little they pay me) I'm quitting.

• Kn
    knotdamomma Jul 14, 2009

I'm agreeing more with the first commenter than the original poster. It's sad, but true.

nickerz Aug 14, 2009

I have worked for Walgreens for 5 years. Im only 22 and I am an assistant manager. I agree to some point that some of the policies are strict, but in my five years I have seen the change in people and their work ethic. People will call in if they have a stuffy nose. This is also sad, but true. So no matter how good of a worker you are, if you call in sick it still leaves more work for the rest of the crew for your shift, and yea, that might piss some people off. However, I can understand if you never call in sick and show up early, and you call at a reasonable time for the managers to get someone to cover your shift, hey, everyone gets sick. That's fine. But all in all i think walgreens is a very flexible company to work for. Who else do you know that will let you go to college, and only work 1 day a month to keep you on payroll and then promise you a full time position when school is out?? I couldn't find many, I was grateful that when i was on summer break from school that i was able to have a guaranteed full time job when i came home. Also, I have been to 5 different stores now, and you will have the ### managers who don't know squat about what they are doing and all you can really do is ignore it. There is going to be one of those wherever you go. So i really don't see a point in putting Walgreens as a whole down, considering you would have to do it wherever else you would go because you would have the same problem anywhere else. And its a retail thing, the store manager gets pissed when something happens, because with you, or without you, they still need to run their store. Its not like some office job where you can call in sick and someone else can answer your calls or have them go to voicemail, when someone doesn't show up, for whatever reason, an entire department of the store is screwed. And with Walgreens being a convenient place to shop by it being so small, we don't need that many employees to run it. So its not like you can call 20 other people to see if someone can cover your shift like any other retailer (walmart, kmart, target). So unless you want to sit there and say that all retail jobs suck, you can't just nail walgreens. and if that's the case, you might as well look into another line of work.

• Ps
    Psssh Dec 31, 2010

I can't believe that you think Walgreens is flexible, especially for students. They put me through hell the first semester that I worked there. They never remembered the days I had class (only two days a week!) and would schedule me and then make me responsible for covering that shift. And like you said, there are not enough employees, either they work that same day, or they are at there hours. God forbid someone should work overtime to help someone else further their education, much less for any other good reason. Then come exam time, despite a month and a half notice, I was scheduled heavily before my exams when I REALLY needed to study to make up for everything I missed because of scheduling problems, AND I was scheduled during my actual exam time! They told me they were flexible when they hired me, but how can you say that when you know there are not enough employees to allow any flexibility?

• As
    ASMGSpot May 19, 2014

Bunch of cry babies I've worked with pregnant women with walgreens who shown up to work until they popped without calling out. It's obvious the cry babies here are the lazy slackers with the company that's why have had some form of discipline. Stop crying and work a Damn tote for once!

bad customer service

I am very upset with my recent visit to Walgreens pharmacy. I had an RX transfered to walgreens from cvs this week for my husband. I went and dropped off my insurance cards, and when I gave the lady my insurance cards she said the medication that I was to pick up was not covered. This is not true, I called my insurance company and there had not even been an authorization for this anywhere. So I had to call back and speak with the pharmacist. She said they never even put in my info and just ran the last card they had listed. She said sorry and everything was ok.
I went to pick up my rx that night. The lady was rude, and told me that I could not use my 25.00 free gift card coupon for this transfered rx because it was a new rx. What does it matter, I transfered it from cvs to walgreens and you are getting the business. I always use cvs and I think I am begining to understand why I do that now.

• Me
    mermaid513 Mar 15, 2009

If you were able to read you would see that the coupon says "transferred" prescription, not "new and transferred". Transferred means a prescriptions you are currently getting at another pharmacy with refills on it that Walgreens has to call the other pharmacy and get TRANSFERRED to them.
    Not to mention it also says that the gift card can't be used to pay for prescription co-pays anyway.

• El
    eldin Apr 01, 2009

true i dont think you would have even been able to get that stupid gift card thing, cause it only works for people who flat out pay for their prescriptions or use like a health flex spending account.

nickerz Aug 14, 2009

if you were to read the fine print on the check, it clearly states that it is not to be used in the pharmacy. only for store purchases. or can't you read. its people like you, who make a big fuss over something they know nothing about that make the employees get pissed off and give you attitude. yea, if i were helping you, i probably would have done the same thing. dont get me wrong, i would have politely explained that to you, but once you say "what does it matter" is when all things go to hell. it does matter. they don't just waste their breath telling you things that dont matter.

• Ev
    Evelyn Berry Jan 09, 2010

I went to get my high blood pressure medication prescription filled and was told that the pharmacists and persons working in the pharmacy were too busy to help me. I was down to only one pill and this is detrimental to my health to not help me. I changed over my health insurance coverage and had not received my new card yet when I went to fill my prescription. I tried to give them all of my information but was told that they did not have time to call and verify my information, and to come back in 2 hours. I can understand if the persons in the pharmacy were busy but they were not courteous when informing me of how they could not help me for at least 2 hours. Customer service is a major aspect of working to serve the public and this was not shown with my experience.

• Wa
    Wags Useless Jan 13, 2010

Yes Walgreens could not be ANY WORSE! They are horrible, I will never EVER patronize them again. My experience is horrible and I will go to CVS or Target. The Walgreens Home Care Center is deplorable and customer service outragous deplorable!

• Co
    ConnorsMommy Jan 27, 2010

are you kidding? you don't have your insurance info, a BIN#, or ID# and you expect the pharmacy to do ALL your leg work for you? whatever. it's called TAKING RESPONSIBILITY for your own health, and seriously, YOUR calling your 1800 number BEFORE you were down to your last pill would have avoided this issue ALTOGETHER. whatever.

• Ki
    kimtbm Feb 26, 2010

It is your responsibility to give them the correct insurance cards. How are they supposed to bill your insurance if they don't have it?

pricing

Had a prescription filled and it was 22.00. Got home thinking that was a bit high so checked Wal-Mart and Kroger...both 4.00 over 5x higher at Walgreens. I thought it was a mistake, but no...called got a rude punk, who said " we don't have a 4.00 plan". Can't imagine why anyone would ever use them...I never will again.

• 04
    0407 Mar 05, 2009

Who is the Jason guy. He is going around to all the Walgreens complaints talking ignorant. He must work for Walgreens, because that's just the type of rude people they let climb the corporate ladder!

• St
    stealthrx Apr 10, 2009

You should check the price of medication BEFORE you buy. Thats like buying a car, then going to the dealership afterwards with competitors prices!!

• Ra
    rayj467 Sep 26, 2009

Actually they do have a medication discount plan.
    You have to pay something like $15 just to join.
    One reason people join is that Walgreens Rx's are all linked across the U.S. and they are sold on the whole card thing that when you buy a walgreens brand item it 'banks' a % of that product for the next purchase. of course it isn't explained that way...it's definitely misrepresented because teh pharm people don't know how it works on reg otc meds.
    BUT...it's cheaper to just go get it at Walmart for $4 and not deal w/ the stupid card

rx services

Left prescription for my 2 year old daughter for 3 medications, all respiratory related, 2 for breathing treatments. Was told it would be an hour. Went back in an hour and was told that they were out of two of the three medications and wouldn't have them for at least another day. Had to have the scripts sent to another pharmancy and ended up having to wait 2 hours longer but at least got the meds.

Left rx for two of my children at walgreens, one for each child, same med, antibiotic. Was told it would be 45 min to one hour. Went back an hour later. They only ran insurance on one child, had to wait for them to run on other (15 min) then had to wait another 10 min for meds. Got home and had two rx for one child and none for the other. After pharmacy was closed. Had to call 24 hour pharmacy to find out what to do with liquid med. They put same childs name on both meds, put dosage information for pill form on liquid antibiotic bottle. Charged my insurance $170.00 more for liquid med., same med as pill form. I returned med that was labeled wrong, they didn't have any idea what happened. Had to wait another 30 min for rx refill.

Rediculous and DANGEROUS!!! Had I not been paying attention, I could have given my child a dangerous dose of wrong med!!! Makes me wonder how many other people this has happened to!!!

• Co
    Colleen Stevenson Mar 10, 2010

I took a prescription after work to be filled. I got there at 4:10 and they told me it would be about 20 minutes. I finally got my script at 5:00. I usually go to walmart because they are cheaper than you guys but after working nine hours I didn't feel like the walk or dealing with the other people. Next time I will deal with it. It hasnever taken them more than 15 min. to fill a script. Maybe you need two pharmacists to fill orders at that time of day.

pharmacist is a thief

After having prescription filled at walgreens at 5320 clinton hwy. knoxville tennesse i got home and discovered that the bottle was short 11 pills. when i called the pharmacy i was called a liar and that their pharmacist did not make mistakes. this prescription was for percocet for my wifes back pain. the only person that had access to these pills was the pharmacist and my self. my e-mail address is This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it i am reporting this incident to the local police and the pharmacy board of the state of tennesee in hopes of preventing this happening to any one else.

Shipaddict Mar 22, 2009

The only time we get a prescription that is short is when we get a controled substance like this one. My husband had a total knee replacement. The pain pills helped him through therapy and to sleep off the pain. Every bottle we had filled was short. But we counted them in front of the supervisor and she say that indeed the count was off and gave us more pills. One day we counted them at the window instead and was called a liar and they accussed us of miscounting them.

joseph evenson Mar 31, 2009

Here is our complaint sent to Walgreen over their website.

On 27 March 2009 my Fiancé and I went to the Walgreens store in Des Moines, WA to purchase a prescription for our daughter. The Pharmacist, Tang Tran, provided inaccurate information regarding the supply length of the drug we purchased. When we heard how much the prescription was going to cost $69.99, and that it was not covered by our insurance we informed him that this cost was too high. We then asked him how long the supply we were purchasing would last and he said one year. We thought that was a fair price so we decided to purchase the prescription. When we arrived home we read the box and it said it was a one-month supply. Because of this we had to go back to point this out and request a refund.

When we returned to discuss this, on 28 March, Mr. Tran treated us very rude and condescending and would not refund our money, even though he had made a mistake (he was adamant that we should pay for his mistake). He was very unprofessional and emotional, and accusatory towards us. Examples of things he said were “You should know that it would not last for one-year”. Why would we know this, and why would we ask him in the first place, if we had this knowledge. He also said “I [he] will go to jail if I take this prescription back”. This was a lie. The WAC of Washington State does not state this. It states that it would be illegal for him to take it back from us and then to resell it. He continued in this tone of accusations until one of the other employees asked us to return when the main pharmacy manager was in.

The pharmacist should have simply stated that he is sorry, that he cannot authorize a refund, but we will need to speak to the manager when she is in. Also, initially, when we indicated the price was high he should have suggested he look into a replacement that our insurance would cover and speak with our Doctor.

We will not be able to continue to support a company that employs this level of unprofessionalism in their employees.

We did return tonight (30 March) and discussed the matter with the Pharmacy Manager, Bessie Ament, Pharm D. Initially she seemed reluctant to refund the purchase. She made it sound like we had misunderstood; likely due to the prior conversation she had with Mr. Tran. After seeing that we had not misunderstood, that Mr. Tran had treated us unprofessionally, and had given us false information, she finally refunded us the purchase price.

This entire incident was completely unnecessary; it caused undue stress due to the derogatory and unprofessional treatment from Mr. Tran, caused my fiancé to become ill, took up much of our time in two unnecessary trips to the store, and has taken our time to write this complaint.

Mr. Tran should treat all customers fairly, equally, and professionally. In addition, he should understand the Washington State laws regarding his profession (in reference to him making the statement that we were asking him to do something illegal that he would go to prison for).

• En
    Engineerswife07 Apr 04, 2011

People ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS count your pain meds right there at the counter in front of them. No matter what pharmacy you use or how many times you have been there for your other medications. Trust nobody!!!

scam and cheating

I am a 23-year-old single mother to a 3-year-old boy who I am raising by myself, with no help from hi...

calling cards

I purchased two 340 minute, $20 Walgreens Phone Cards because of a discount Walgreens was having on Phone Cards. The same problem occurred after using both cards. About one month into using them, I would suddenly have a really low balance, even though I KNOW I did not use up all my minutes. After checking the balance again later, my balance would jump back UP again! At one point, it said I had over a $20 balance - more than I paid for the card! i.e. It would jump from $21.32 to $8.75 to $.06 back to $4.29 over the course of a few days - and I wasn't even using the card!

Something was obviously wrong, so I phoned in to the company. The sales person was unhelpful, stating that her computer clearly showed that my balance had run low. It was to no avail explaining to her that my balance had jumped both UP AND DOWN. She said the only thing they could do would be to send me a printout of the phonecalls, which should arrive in 4-6 weeks. It's been about 3 months - and surprise! no letter.

I will never buy Phone Cards from walgreens again.

• Le
    Leroy Mar 15, 2009

I saw their ad for a $20 phone card 340 minutes, buy 1 get 1 free.
    I went to the store to purchase, but reading the fine print did not tell me what it would cost to call Canada.
    It did say to call 1-800-240-8505 for International rates.
    Went home and called that number. I was told that they could only tell me the rate, if I had the card.
    I explained that I didn't want to purchase the card until I knew what rate I would be charged.
    Again I was told that I couldn't get any information without the card.
    Looks like I can't take advantage of their sale. I refuse to buy until I know what I am getting.

• Ba
    Bailey Apr 27, 2009

DO NOT BUY WALGREEN PHONE CARDS!!! I purchased the buy one get one free and have had nothing but problems. I am unable to use the card as whatever number I call (I tried several), I get a "That is an invalid telephone number". After MANY attempts to speak to someone in Customer Service, after 30 minutes of trying, I finally talked to someone in PANAMA!!! Who could not help me. They told me that if I called the 1-800 access number and pressed "O" that I could talk to someone in the US. Did NOT work!!!

BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! Do NOT PURCHASE THESE CALLING CARDS!!!

johngoner Jan 13, 2010

Walgreens just charged me for a call that never connected. Went through their automated system to get a credit and of course it stated that my request for a credit was reviewed and denied. Tried to get an operator using several phone numbers, but was stuck with automated systems.

long story short

YOU'RE BETTER OFF BUYING A CALLING CARD FROM A GAS STATION!!!

• Ir
    irenia Nov 08, 2011

yes thats true because i both IDT calling card from walgreens it is very bad, and i use it to call philippines it said 0.17 cents per minute thats a lie it will charge you 1.50 cents per minute either landline or cellphone you are calling and it is a big mistake i made, but i tell you one thing MCI card from family dollar brand international phone card it is good 0.45 cent per minute for cellphone and landline is 0.25 cent per minute and its a big deference from walgreens try it ok.never never walgreens again.

• Da
    david i rosen Mar 18, 2013

in the past i had no problem with WALGREENS phone card plus... but now i can't use my fax machine...before i could..what did you do... i need to find an access card that works with my fax machine... I was told to go to WALMART, but i do not like walmart...

• Terrible experience with Walgreens prepaid international calling card. They just ate my $25 card.. Unbelievable.. When I called the Customer Service, they just blew me off saying: Thank you for calling the Customer Service -- without resolving my problem of $25 disappearing... DO NOT PURCHASE THE WALLGREENS INTERNATIONAL CALLING CARD!!!

fill my prescription wrong way

My doctor send my prescription to walgreens pharmacy at 9:00am on 12-03-2009. when i pick up my prescription I saw it was wrong. I called my doctor to see that it right or not. prescription is wrong. walgreen pharmacy never called me back

i believe walgreen pharmacy is mass my prescription up. don't trust walgreens

if i give walgreens pharmacy rating i give ( it was poor service)

• Go
    gomakemeasandwich Jun 04, 2009

Good God are you functionally ###ed?

• Wa
    walgreens unethical Jul 02, 2009

almost same thing with me I also went to walgreens and dropped off prescriptions and asked if i had a refill on a class 4 anxiety med and tech said yes, i had dr visit next day dr wrote prescription i said i just got this come to find out i had no refills like walgreens claimed and the flirtty guy who filled it added the refill and then deleated the transaction so i paid for the co pay but it was unauthorized as in my state no refill on this drug as i now know in the state i was in about 30 min away they have refills walgreens was to fire him but then said they seen the refill i said you told me yesterday you seen he added it and then deleated after i was fone and kept money from drawer for it walgreens failed to agree so luckily i have a good Dr. who told me to call the police on these idiots as I called up the ladder from calling 1800 walgreens for complaint line they are not admitting and hung up so police are involved now, not to mention he violated Hippa act and pulled my numbr off computer and called for 2 days i seen the odd area code and looked it was his cell as my mother noticed he wrote it on the back of a WALGREENS RECEIPT. sue them they will turn it around on the customer and keep a log of events id call an attorney google a good one with specialty in that field.

ann turk Dec 30, 2009

WALGREENS GAVE MY HUSBAND SOMEONE ELSES MEDS. HE TOOK THEM ALL----BEFORE HE SAW THEY WERENT HIS!!!
    WALGREENS, WE CALLED----THEY PUT US ON HOLD AND WOULDNT COME BACK ON AND TELL US WHATS GOIN ON. AFTER 15 MINS. WE HUNG UP AND THEY NEVER CALLED US BACK EITHER. THIS IS IN COLUMBUS, MS.

demotion

beauty advisors demoted by loss of pms I feel is unfair, because I did not think that Walgreens paid these out. I thought the vendors pd them. does anyone know if Walgreens keeps the pms for their profit?

• Li
    lickmoutlou Jan 18, 2009

Walgreens doesn't keep no PM's (push-money)it is in your paycheck in you check on the right hand side of your paystub you will see the section that says:

PM/Cos this deals with the pm's in cosmetics

NON PMs this deals with the pm's through out the store like batteries, toothbrushes, candy, etc...

As for demoting for not making PM is crazy you have to maintain a certain PM average for the week if you haven't been making the average for 4 wks then your not pushing the products or have them around your cosmetic counter for people to buy..

You have to take the iniative and find out what your PM products are for the month and work them around your counter and ad tags are very important if they are not up people will not notice what products are on sale for that week or even the month

Mary Feb 08, 2009

Kind of hard to sell Cos PM's when they have you breaking all the other departments along with Cos, or if they have you doing the assistant managers jobs, but they are getting the pay for [email protected]

• Ra
    rayj467 Sep 26, 2009

One mgr told a cosm person she either gets her pm #'s up for her morning hours (when store is SLOW in cosm and she does her resets) or he will change her schedule so she doesn't work any morning hours...all will be all day shifts... 10-6:30 and 12- 8:30

Managers abuse the their authority often.

I would call it in to HR I don't think they can demote you for that...once you make that call though watch out...you won't be popular but you will be more protected as once you've shown your not afraid to call them on their bad behavior they become afraid to push it. One call is bad...but two makes them REALLY look bad.

prescription renewal

I just ran out of synthroid for an underactive thyroid. The pharmacy called my doctor who refused to renew my...

harassment

Manager including other employees participated in a public lynching where a $100.00 bill was taken out of the register and placed on the floor in the dental isle.

I noticed the bill which was what they had intended, I then picked it up, took it to the photography center and told them that someone had dropped money. I told the checkout clerk about it then she called the manager to the front I told her I wanted to make sure that money was given back to the proper person. She said it was taken out of the register and told me I found it in the Candy Isle. They were trying to make me out to be something I am not. These employees need to be fired immediately. These are childish games that should not be allowed during business hours. Customers should be entitled to quietly enter the store, do their shopping and pay for the goods. They should not be harassed, disturbed, etc. I was appalled at this young woman's behavior! She and the others involved in this are not professional enough to be in management and is a threat to society and herself by playing these games on people. They should not be allowed to take money out of the register and use it for childish games.

One day she might do this to the wrong person!

I have witnesses that saw this the way it really was.

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

This is a very strange complaint.

I'm not sure what they were "trying to do" to you. You need to be a little more clear about what happened and what you think they were trying to accomplish. I can think of a couple of different things just off the top of my head and while neither were positive with regards to the walgreens staff I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt simply because you provide no relevant details about what went down.

Beyond all of that, if you have a complaint call corporate if you don't think it'll be addressed at the store level. Don't get onto the internet and post a half-finished thought...

• Em
    employee fed up!! Mar 10, 2010

I thought poster was very clear.Walgreens employees should not be taking $ out of register.that is STEALING!!! Security should be called in & tapes should be veiwed n employee fired be it a manager or who ever did it.Childesh, infantile, immature ###s, so sick of it, these companies always seem to hire jackasses that dont give a hoots ### about nothing while the rest of us work our cans off to make a living even with so little pay.Things need to be changed because Walgreens is becoming KMART!!Yukk

• En
    Engineerswife07 Apr 04, 2011

I agree with the previous poster, they should not be taking money out of the register to play with the customers. What if she had not returned it to the counter? Would it be theft, considering they put it there? I mean who hasn't found money and actually kept it because there is really no way to find out who actually owns it. They should not be acting so childish and immature, if they don't trust their customers then they should at least let their LP people do their jobs.

shawn goodmon Dec 27, 2012

my husband & i get profiled every time we go into the walgreens on5180 w.irlo bronson hwy. in kiss, fl 34746 #4075892120. a manager named mr.b is the problem.do something about this man or i will go back to cvs.which i hate.

John Crouch Jan 07, 2013

ON 1/7/2013 I was in the walgreens at Maryland Pkwy and Valley view, While I was in line I heard Jane telling customers that it was not bad they handled this many customers all the time. While this is true I took my turn and asked for my wife's prescriptions. They gave me one and I asked for the others that we had called in. Jane stated that we would be called when they came in. To double check I went home and asked my wife. She stated there hould be three morand that she HATED this store in the walgreens chain!She called to the store and a employee that did not give her name stated that her prescriptions had been in the bin for the last 5 days. I have been in this store two times in that 5 days and asked for her prescriptions both time and had been told that they would call me!We have done business with Walgreens for twenty years and have never been treated so shabbily!d This is not the first time this kind of situation has occured ! I'm sorry doesn't cut it anymore. My nbame is John Crouch, My wifes name is Bianca Crouch and please let me know what is going to be done about it You can reach me anytime at [email protected] or by phone at 702-43528575. Thank You for any help you can give in this matter.Please don't make me change companys

John Crouch Jan 07, 2013

This is the goofiest thing I have heard in a long time! My attitude dtowards the complaint is angry

not having ad merchandise; slow pharmacy

Our local Walgreens is new and very clean. The associates are kind and helpful. However, every Sunday I clip many coupons. Rarely do they EVER have any of the items. They are very gracious to issue rain checks. I have returned numerous times...sometimes up to four weeks later, and they still remain out of the advertised items. What a hassle and waste of my time and gas! Needless to say, I now throw their Sunday flyer in the trash without even bothering to look at it.

Also, the pharmacy is very understaffed. Sometimes as many as six people are lined up and there is always just one window open. The drive thru is equally slow, just to get waited on. I have already switched back to CVS.

SBubble Dec 03, 2008

If the store is new like you say, The problem may lie with the invantory system it will sometimes take a while to work itself out in new stores because they cannot know what the regular sales of specific items will be .. once they have that information the system should be adjusted accordingly.

Now I realize.. that isnt your problem. as the customer you are entitled to a stocked store!! ..As are the 30 other people who get up bright and early sunday morning to grab the sales .. and the 15 or so people who may have gotten the sale saturday just before closing . Surely you have seen How modestly sized a Walgreens is. They are located on small lots near mostly residential areas for a reason, convinence to you!! Now Honestly, If the staff is so polite and have done what they can to assure you the advertised price, (which, I may add is good at ANY Walgreens with the item in stock) why be so upset?

Aaron Apr 28, 2009

I looked up walgreens near the area you live and I see the problem; you live in a small town and the only nearest walgreens outside of Chickasha is more than 10 miles away. That sucks for you, but a single walgreens servicing a community of about 16 thousand people (according to the 2000 census) is going to have a hard time keeping sale items on the shelves. It will also be hard for them to handle the amount of perscriptions they get every day.

Try picking up your scripts at a different time; at the store I work in the pharmacy is often insanely busy from 5pm until after 7pm. That's because a lot of people get off work and stop in to pick up their perscriptions on the way home. The pharmacy stays open all day for a reason, and that is so that folks who don't like to wait can come in at different times when the pharmacy isn't as busy. You complaining about this is kind of like showing up at a movie theater at 8pm on a saturday night and then complaining because it's crowded...

Of course you also sound just a little whiney here, and I'm sure the people at that particular store are glad to be rid of you; that is if you were in fact a frequent shopper and not a CVS plant...

• Gl
    G Little Jul 13, 2009

Mchenry Walgreens in modesto had grocery carts upside down in the drive through! I almost crashed! This is how they close their lanes, what about pilon's and normal traffic dividers...are they too cheap to do it the right way? What wierd stuff will they do with my RX when they can't even afford basic building and grounds equipment? This was just 20 minutes ago. 7/13/09

Local resident and Construction industry worker.

xmas bonus

Walgreens ha announced that employees will no longer be receiving their Xmas' bonus. This is total crap. I'm a 28 year employee, single and I have 5 children. My Xmas bonus was essential to be able to give my children at least 1 gift. I live paycheck to paycheck, have no credit cards, have been able to keep up on my house payments. How can they deny us this when it has always been considered one of our company benefits? This is beginning to smell like the crap that goes on in Washington when large companies get bailed out and then the heirarchy goes on their retreats. This is really hurtful considering how hard I work at this time of the year and making sure the store looks great, customers are happy, and the management is less stressed because I'm usually covering their behind because they are not doing their job the way they should.

SBubble Dec 03, 2008

Im going to assume you were just venting and are not seriously upset about this.

Because I work for walgreens also. I also am not getting my christmas bonus. I am ALSO Dissapointed. But im not angry.. I still have my job.

There are LOADS of people who would love to be in your shoes because they just LOST THIER JOBS.. that's right. Laid off to offset the companies losses. So for you to be so upset about a BONUS, which you have said yourself is one of the BENIFITS of working for Walgreens, is unbelievable. The benefit for working for Walgreens this Christmas season ma'am is still being under good employ, receiving fair wages, along with other benefits STILL available.
    I do feel for your situation and I hope you and your children have happy holidays.

• Ri
    rick Dec 07, 2008

it's sad that you've lost the bonus, I've lost mine as well. But I am greatful that they decided to give us 20 percent disc til end of yr. As well, it could be worse, you could have gotten your bonus and your walking papers . Sacrifies are being made with all companies in america, that is just the nature of the beast. At least we haven't shut any store down.

• He
    Heather May 04, 2009

I don't remember ever getting a real bonus. I had a $25 Walgreens gift card as my bonus. Is this what you are talking about? In 2007 they changed the policy to 5 year employees only, unless that employee worked for the company before January of 2005 (pretty sure that was the month). We only really found that out because we thought some of the employees cards were missing. When we called payroll, we were told the new rule. As far as Christmas 2008 goes, I no longer worked for the company.

easy saver rebate

Purchased a coffee maker with a $5.00 rebate. Received the rebate but they charged my credit card twice @ $14.95 in one billing cycle.

That is unfortunate..

There is some information missing though that keeps me from being able to help you fully..

Did you purchase it online? Were you charged twice at the store? Was the item on your receipt twice?? HOW were you double charged? And Please tell me you made a copy of your original receipt before you mailed it off for your rebate.. it makes the situation MUCH easier..

My email is attached if you would like my help resolving this issue or you can take your issue to the store manager at your local Walgreen's.

• Fr
    Fran Mar 07, 2009

For the second time, Walgreens has refused to mail my rebate. On their 'check the status' page, they claimed -- both times - to have mailed it. When I sent an email asking for information, I didn't even get a 'thanks for asking' response.

I am done shopping at Walgreens. they sell expired food items, do not honor the makeup guarantee, and never have enough of the descent specials in stock.

A company that will scam people on the little things -- and commit outright fraud on small things -- will commit fraud on the big things. I no longer trust pharmacists who work for a company that cheats customers.

nickerz Aug 14, 2009

well fran, sounds like you hit a bad store. Walgreens is the #1 Pharmacy in the Nation for a reason.