Having problems with Truworths?

Truworths reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 24, 2010. The latest review Staff performance at Game City branch was posted on Apr 15, 2021. The latest complaint Tights was resolved on Dec 29, 2020. Truworths has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 384 reviews. Truworths has resolved 38 complaints.

Truworths Customer Service Contacts

+27 872 859 401 (Online Shopping)
+27 214 602 300 (Fashion Delivery)
+27 214 607 771 (New Account)
1 Mostert Street, CBD
Cape Town
South Africa - 8001

Truworths Complaints & Reviews

TruworthsStaff performance at Game City branch

Attitude of staff member re approach on the wearing of a mask.

I entered the store at Game City with a plastic face mask. As I entered the store I was approached by the staff member by telling me rather abruptly that I may not enter the store because I did not have a mask on. I have worn this particular mask for the last six months, and have never been stopped from entering a store.

Another staff member shouted to him from the back of the store telling him I did not have a mask on. I tapped on the mask to prove I was wearing a mask. I was told to leave the store immediately.

Is this the new instruction on how to approach a customer?

I had an account with Truworths from the 70s till last year. I certainly will not enter your business again.

Truworthsservice

i went to truworths Groblersdal mall to collect onlice parcel and also to check my voucher . The service i received from the ladies at Truworths was uncalled for, i was never assisted on the voucher, the lady did not even bother to check my voucher i was told it expire in 2years and never checked on the system, the ladys were busy chit chating and fitting shoes and laughing, i felt very less and was even afraid to ask them further because i wanted to buy with my voucher.. i will never buy or send any of my friends and colugues at truworths Groblersdal mall

• Truworths's response · Apr 13, 2021

Thank you for your post.

We wish to investigate this matter, in order for us to do so please send us an email with your query and contact details directly to [email protected]

Kind regards,

Truworths Online Team

TruworthsRing. Jewelry

I purchased a ring from your Chatsworth store at end November. It was for my son's proposal. I paid about R400 for it. It was rose gold and silver in color. This weekend my future daughter in law took it out of the box to use it and she was shocked to see how faded and old it looked. I can't understand as she only wore it 3 times. Due to lockdown we don't go anywhere in order to really use it.
      I'm so disappointed as I felt as I bought her a lucky dip ring.
      I haven't been to your store due to Covid 19. Feel safe to stay at home.
      Please advise what do I do.
      Can truworths help me.

Truworths (Gugulethu Square)Service I am complaining about

I went to the store to pay my account on 31/03/2021, the cashier told me bank machine is offline I must pay cash, went to the ATM & I start the line, when I get to the till point I payed the account ask the cashier to pay for a pair of shoe cash while she was about to assist me their supervisor told the cashier to assist the lady behind me without asking for my consent she want to test the machine, I have ti step aside & wait for another customer next to me to finish I got angry with her behaviour I believe in first come first serve you do not judge people regarding their appearance the cashier was suppose to assist me after they can test the card. I have been a truworths customer for a very long time. I'm angry because I endup left without paying the dress & shoe

TruworthsTrying to make a purchase online

Good day
          I'm trying to purchase items online acc nr [protected] Truworths
          The checkout page says authorization declined and it directs me to the payment page. I have made the payment last week already and it still doesn't reflect.
          The online purchasing process is slow and needs to be upgraded

TruworthsBad service

I am appalled by the service given by your collections department. My account was in 1 month in arrears I called in to make arrangement mid-February for end February. I inform her to make for the installment amount, but no consultant decides that's she's gonna make her own arrangement and not listen to what I am telling her. Debit order goes and bounces Back, now I am now gonna incure additional charges for your consultants doings.

Another consultant calls today to make arrangement I tell her as well to make for the installment amount she gets moody and hangsup the phone while I am still talking.

Is this how you train your consultants to treat customers when they going through financial problems? whilst I have always paid my account in time all these years. I am disgusted I will definitely be closing off this account once paid off.

• We
                wesleyP Mar 29, 2021

hi

im not sure if im going to the right department. I need help, I was checking on my credit score and I still see that Truworth has a account still active on my scoring. please update yourl records and remove this account from my credit records. this account has been paid up many years ago and i have open another account with you guys. please can this be sorted out.

Regard

MR M Peter
                [protected]

ID: [protected]

TruworthsBad Service when exchange for different size

On Saturday 6 of March I had 2 transactions done with truworths somerset mall (555) which was pleasant the cashier assisted me very nice as I told her with my first transaction its a present and if it doesn't fit my girlfriend can I bring it back for a different size she said yes and asked if she must give me a gift card along with the dress I told her isn't necessary coz I will keep the slip, I felt so good that I came back to the store and bought myself also a pants and t-shirt.
              Sunday My girlfriend told me it doesn't fit her Monday she went to the store and asked if they might have a bigger size and it shows on system store have a size bigger and asked the lady to keep it aside she will come on Tuesday to exchange her dress for the bigger size all well set, Tuesday morning the manager named Alisha Ferus told her they can't assist her she must lay a complaint and they will wait till headoffice give them feedback I was so upset buying for something cash that she can't exchange and I asked her to go back the afternoon and again they told her they can't assist her to exchange for a bigger size, that I went myself the evening and asked the manager that I would like to exchange for a size 38 and I was told it isn't possible I must wait till the area manager comes in the morning then maybe they can assist me with an exchange, this manager had no attention at all to help me she rather had a stinking attitude with me So I asked her to call the area manager if she would need an Auth code for the price change still didn't wanted to help just said isn't possible.
              Do then I told her well if I can't walk out with a size 38 now I want my money back and also going to return all the clothes I bought on 6 of March so she easily said okay went home fetch the clothes come back to her checking slips while busy processing the refund I was so shocked how easily the manager of truworths somerset mall would give me a cash refund other then to assist me with a bigger size how does this make sense this manager isn't the name manager worth with no intention to satisfy a customer needs.

Cashier to assist with sale: Leandre
              Manager to assist with exchange: Alisha Ferus

TruworthsDelivery of my card

Absolutely pathetic service.
                My card was apparently issued in December and it is my responsibility if I did not receive my card to follow up with my local post office.
                They do not offer assistance to their customers but sure know how to phone an harass you if you miss one payment.
                For a company that sells products at exorbitant prices, they do not care about their customers.
                I had an account before with Truworths and never had this problem, I got everything on time and via my personal address.

TruworthsTier Shirt Dress

Hi I'm very disappointed in truworths, i bought a dress not knowing it was damaged and through the slip away and the price tag was still on the garment and it was in its orginal packaging, i explained to the manager at the store in Canal Walk but yet she still refused to exchange it, I don't think it's fair & truworths should really change it's exchange policy otherwise they will be losing lots of customers and money cause if you go to Mr Price or Woolworths they gladly exchange or give you a refund or gift card for your garment without a till slip or receipt. What's the saddest part is that I paid R750 for the dress.

TruworthsEstee lauder / service

Went to alberton truworths today. After buying clothing I went to the cosmetic section. I needed a foundation. Went for estee lauder as that's my choice. However there were no testers whatsoever. A security guard (omg) had to come and assist me in choosing a colour, whilst the lazy sales person sat on her privileged backside behind the counter, offering no assistance at all. Not even sure if I got the correct colour in the foundation. I then went to get mascara and an eye pencil. Getting home to my complete dismay, I find that the eye pencil has either been used or estee lauder is up to sh*t as this thing is almost half, the mascara is dry and seems empty, I noticed fingerprints on the damn bottle. Was this used and sold to consumers? And why the hell are these thing not wrapped in plastic. I spent almost r1500 on estee lauder products today and am totally disappointed and disgusted in both the service and the products. I demand an answer as to what happened to the protective plastic over the products. Covid is around and this is what truworths and estee lauder practices...

Estee lauder / service

TruworthsToo many sms' being sent

Almost every day, I receive sms' from truworths, office london and loads of living. I did not sign up for these sms and it is most annoying.

Please remove my number from your database. My account is paid up and I do not want to receive any promotional sms from any of your stores.

I do not appreciate being spammed almost daily by Truworths group, and honestly it makes you look desperate!

TruworthsGinger Merry

About Ginger Merry handbags that I bought last Year Feb 2020 give it to my mom of the 2 nd of March 2020 we went in to lock down when schools openshe started using them the first one lasted 3 week the zip was striped the second one only lasted 3 days the buckle broke off, the two perses I also got are broken not even a year old zip strips inside broken. When I went to East Rand Mall I asked to speak to a manager I was told sorry 4 months that i should of returned them with COVID they then asked people please not to go to shop if it was not necessary. I'm not happy about that they are not cheap and should last longer then a few months. My e-mail address is maryanne.[protected]@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2021

Truworths — Bad truworths online buying on Black Friday Specials

As a first time online buyer I experienced bad online experience buying with Truworths, It happened that on...

TruworthsWatch not working

I have bought a watch from truworth it fell down but that's not my problem now the problem is that it's only works for 1 week I bought the watch December nw its January its not working?

Watch not working

TruworthsEmploye with bad behavior

Empolyee 2035257 she is incompetant and bad mannerd toward customers, to do her job. I wanted to return a item with a slip. She asked for my card. She was strugeling to get the card number from a capitec bank card. She asked me where is the card number. And when I said to her the she must call the bank beause I did not make that card. That is a standerd capitec babk card, so what was her problem? Then she stat shouting at me say that I should not shout at her. The môre I try to say that I am not shoting the loader she keep on with say I should not shout at her. She made a bad seen in the shop and there where a lot of customers. Thruworths should not treat there customers like that. I hope that this matter will be looked into. Rustenburg water fall mall personel is realy. Not frendly at all.

TruworthsExchange

My Name is Babalwa Ntontela
                              My email address: [protected]@gmail.com

On the 21st December Monday I bought my two niece dresses for christmas at Earth Child V&A Waterfront. One dress I decided to put on my account the second dress I paid in cash.
                              She only wore the dress today then realise its small I can't seem to find the receipt. I called the store to find out if I can not exchange the size or for something else & I was told straight NO. I even asked them if they cannot track the sales of that day & the time they said only head office have an access to do that.

I called the head office customer services I explained the situation & still did not get any help.
                              I fully understand I cannot get a refund because I do not have the receipt all I'm asking is an exchange only.

TruworthsProduct

I bought a dress on the 6th of dec 2020, I wear it once and its now fuffy... I am not happy with it I want to return it, I still have the slip.

Product

TruworthsTights

On the 3rd of Nov 2020 I made a LAYBY at Truworths Mafikeng MALL (Layby No: [protected])
                                  I laybyed: [protected] 2pk cocoa Mocha Mel lo.
                                  After I took out my Layby, when I got home I realized the tighs are not going to fit me cos I took size large instead of XL.
                                  I haven't tried them on, they are still stocked together with the label on them.
                                  Today(29/12/2020) I tried to return them at Truworths North West Mall, they refused saying that they are nor returnable.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Regards
                                  Mogomotsi Mogorosi
                                  Cell No: [protected]

Tights
                                  Tights

RESOLVED

• Truworths's response · Jan 11, 2021

Thank you for your post.

Upon receipt of your post, we escalated your concerns raised to the relevant Management to investigate.

Please note that we are unable to retrieve your details, however, we kindly request you to contact us directly on [email protected] or [protected] for assistance.

Kind regards,

Truworths Online Team

TruworthsOverdue account not overdue!!!

Good day

Please find attached proof of payment for december and my statement from truworths. How can my account be overdue if I paid even more than I was supposed to???

Fix it and send me a new statement. This is unexceptable. I will not pay extra interest rates.
                                    ...

Overdue account not overdue!!!
                                    Overdue account not overdue!!!

TruworthsPoor quality dress

I purchased a dress for my mum's graduation party using Truworths account [protected] and the dress got torn on the first day she wore it. What pains me most is the fact that i have to pay R725 for a dress that i'm not even sure whether it will survive the first wash 😡
                                      Truworths should price their products according to the quality not the label. I'm so disappointed

Regards