Menu
Target Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Target
reviews and complaints

www.target.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 3639 Reviews

How responsive is Target's customer service?

186 Resolved
598 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if Target showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with Target and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Target has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Target reviews and complaints 805

Sort by:

Newest Target reviews and complaints

2:05 pm EDT

Target Trailer truck driver

I am writing to Target about a driver hauling a Target 18 wheeler trailer. The truck number is 594068. The incident of dangerous and reckless driving happened around 12:40pm on 7/27/2023. The driver incident occurred on I-40 E in Durham, North Carolina. The driver appeared angry when I lawfully passed them. The driver then went into the passing lane and began moving into my lane without enough room for clearance and would have hit me if I had not slowed down. The driver sped forward and in an attempt to pass yet another car, moved into the passing lane, straddling the lane and driving erratically.

I was unsuccessful in finding a way to contact someone via phone regarding this incident but I did want to report it. This driver should at least be counseled and fined for this dangerous behavior.

Desired outcome: Driver counseled and perhaps fined.

12:52 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Scam emails about debts owed

I also received this email!

Crazy thing is I actually do have outstanding debts due to cash advance institutions. They almost got me but I'm happy I googled it before settling with them. A

Gmail danielle t.

Your Account With: Cash Advance

Case No: 7482496-BS-08-2018

Amount Owing: $960.23

Date: June 21, 2023

PAY & DELETE OFFER AVAILABLE : $289.00 (SAVE $671.23 EXTRA)

Attention,

It is with regret that we note you have still not contacted us to make payment towards your debt. Our investigation into your account is now complete and we can confirm that your case been qualified for legal action. You will see that the balance of your debt continues to increase.

We should warn you that if we do not hear from you within next 2 hours, your account will be passed to our solicitors for legal action. This will result in an immediate increase in the balance of your debt, you can avoid this by emailing us and we can do some negotiation.

There is still time before the case gets downloaded in the courthouse tomorrow morning, however, to avoid suit if you contact us right away. This will be your final opportunity to resolve matters without the expense of court proceedings and facing legal consequences.

Your Account With: Cash Advance

Case No: 7482496-BS-08-2018

Amount Owing: $960.23

Payment Arrangement: Pay $40.00 every two weeks

OR

70% DEBT REDUCTION

One-Time Payment Offer : Pay $289.00 Today (Save $671.23)

Payment Mode: Online

This matter requires your immediate attention. To settle this case outside of court today than send reply to this email.

Best Regards

Alan Cooper (Personal Concierge) Target DEBT RELIEF ®

Delinquent Account Recovery | FDCPA | Online Lenders Alliance ©

N
5:04 pm EDT

Target Gift cards

I received many gift cards from target for my baby shower. 4 of which had zero balance, these cards were not scratched looked brand new. I personally scratched them to discover it had no money on it. I scratched opened these cards in target store in front of the cashier. I contacted customer service to complain they were no help kept asking for receipts of purchase. They wanted me to contact the original owner who purchased the cards. How do I find the original owners of the gift cards when I got several same amount cards. It’s a ridiculous way to find out anything. I’m not contacting all of my guest. I told them in email and over the phone they can check your surveillance footage in store I scratch the cards in stores. Don’t ever purchase gift cards from target they frauds

4:23 pm EDT

Target Target truck driver

July 11, 2023 1:30 pm. . Target truck #880047. License plate SP395GMC. Driving west on I-80 just past Bettendorf, Iowa. Noticed target truck tailing us dangerously close and we were already in the passing lane going multiple miles over the speed limit. He screamed obscenities at us and when we drove to get away from him he proceeded to tail gate other cars, again dangerously close. He passed us again later and he leaned over the seat to make sure we could see him flip us off. Not a good look (or good advertisement ) for a target.

Desired outcome: I want the driver to be reprimanded and required to take safety driving lessons and perhaps be supervised until he can demonstrate safer driving practices.

W
8:20 am EDT

Target Starbucks $15 gift card

I went to all the trouble signing up with the Belair store in mobile.i purchased a $15 Starbucks Card for my sister cinde.well I got the gift card in my email instead of her and tried to forward it to her but it got lost.there is no more trace of the card as it has been one or two months.i am not going to let this slide with your help I can buy you a cup of coffee. LOL

Desired outcome: $15 refund

W

Target Target Anaheim Hills: Exceptional Customer Service and Compassion

I just gotta say, I had an experience at Target in Anaheim Hills California on September 12,2020 and I gotta give them props for their customer service. So, I bought this movie that I had been looking for all over town and when I got home, it didn't work. I was so bummed out! But, I called the store and they told me to bring it back for an exchange. I went back to the store and got a new one, but when I got home, it still didn't work and it didn't have the digital copy inside. Ugh, I was getting so frustrated!

But, then I talked to the manager, Daniel, and he was super cool about it. He said he would go look for the movie in the store and test it himself to see if it worked. And, he actually called me back to confirm that it worked! He even left the movie at the Guest Services counter for me so I wouldn't have to make another trip to the store. When I got there, he came out to greet me and apologized for the trouble I had. And get this, there was a homeless lady at the counter asking for help and Daniel took the time to call her a Lyft or Uber so she could get home to Los Angeles. That's some real compassion right there!

I gotta say, Daniel went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase. He even helped out that lady in need. It's really nice to see someone showing compassion to someone less fortunate, especially during this pandemic. I left the store feeling better about my purchase and I just want to thank Daniel and the Guest Services associate for their awesome customer service. They really know how to promote service recovery and high quality customer service. I'm 62 years old and it's hard for me to get around, but I shop at this Target store quite frequently and I just want to say thank you for all that you do, your dedication to service, and for helping me with my shopping concern. Sincerely, Melinda.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Unpleasant Experience at Target Store in San Antonio, TX: Rude Customer Service and Unhelpful Manager

I recently visited the Target store located in San Antonio, TX near the crossroads mall on fredricksberg. My experience there was quite unpleasant and left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. It all started when I approached the customer service desk to return an item that I had purchased but unfortunately lost the receipt for. The female team member who was assisting me was not wearing a name tag, and the male team member who she called over to help me, identified himself as a manager named "Jesse". However, his uniform was not indicative of his position, and he appeared to be sloppily dressed.

When I explained my situation to the female team member, she immediately shut me down and loudly stated that I needed the receipt. I tried to explain to her that I had misplaced it, and that the item was unopened and untouched, but she was very rude and unhelpful. I even explained that I had broken my foot and ankle shortly after purchasing the item, and that I had no use for it since my legs would be casted for the next 6 months. However, she continued to insist that I needed the receipt.

I asked to speak to a manager, and she told me three times that he would side with her before slamming her hands down on the counter, causing other customers to stare and yell "Jesse". When Jesse arrived, the female team member immediately told him that she had already told me several times that I needed the receipt. I explained my situation to Jesse, and he scanned the item, but it showed as not being in inventory. I pulled up the item online, and he was able to find it on his side. However, the female team member continued to insist that I needed the receipt, and Jesse ultimately declined my return.

I asked for the corporate number, and the female team member slammed her hands on the counter until Jesse wrote it down and gave it to me. The entire time, I was in an electronic cart, soaking wet from the rain, with my crutches popping out of the top of my little basket along with a huge box (the spa I was trying to return). The female team member had a loud, rude voice, as if I had done something wrong. I was utterly embarrassed and felt like I was being treated unfairly.

As a loyal customer of Target, I was extremely disappointed with this experience. I have purchased everything from office furniture to dining room dishes from Target, and this unforgettable and unshakeable experience has scarred me. I will definitely not be shopping there in the future, and I plan to tell everyone on all of my social media sites about this experience. I hope that Target takes this feedback seriously and works to improve their customer service in the future.

J

Target Target.com: A Terrible Website for Online Shopping

Target is a store that I love to shop at in person, but their website has been nothing but trouble for me. I have had so many bad experiences buying from their website that I don't even know where to begin. One time, I ordered some folding bar stools that arrived already broken or damaged. It was clear that they had been damaged before they were sent to me. I had to go through a lot of trouble to send them back. Another time, I bought an mp3 player and a warranty for it. The mp3 player was faulty, so I had to return it. But I never got back the cost of the warranty. Target refused to refund it the way I paid for it online. They made me send all sorts of paperwork to them by snail mail, which was a huge hassle. I think they did it on purpose to make it difficult for me.

I also ordered a futon that arrived damaged. I had bought it on sale, but Target wouldn't replace it. They only give refunds. I had to order it again if I wanted it, but I wouldn't get the same price that I paid for the damaged one. I also bought some cushions on sale that got damaged during shipping. They were returned to Target without anyone notifying me. I had to follow the tracking to find out what happened to them. Target wouldn't replace the cushions. They wanted me to reorder them, but the price had gone up by quite a bit. A live chat person told me he would give me the sale price if I reordered them, but I didn't trust him because I had been charged more than the price I paid for a damaged item before.

I bought another futon, but it had broken legs. Target wouldn't get replacement legs for me. They wanted me to return the entire futon to them. I had to go through a huge hassle to get replacement legs from the company that distributes the futon. The cushions were the most recent problem. I told the live chat person that I had had enough of Target.com. I was also expected to wait for the refund for quite a while.

There was another time when I was sent an egiftcard because a purchase I made on Target.com. I was never able to use it in a Target store. Target online support staff told me different things about whether I could use it in a store or not. I ended up having to use it online because I could never find a way to use it in a store.

There was also a time when they had a sale on their website for some food bars. The sale price was only on their website, so I had to go to a Target store to collect them in order to pay the lower price. It turned into a time-consuming hassle and a long wait at the store.

Overall, Target.com is a terrible website. I don't plan to ever use it again.

M

Target Target's Unfair Treatment of Customers: A Warning Tale

Me and my fam got $125 in Target gift cards, all in $25 bills. I used the rest of the balance on a phone from Target's website and had it sent to the local store. The gift card covered everything except $5.92 which I put on my RedCard. I always pay my bills on time and have a good credit score of 811. But two months after buying the phone, I got a letter from Target saying I owed them $7.92. I had no idea what it was for, so I called them up. Turns out, the payment I scheduled didn't go through on their end. They added a $1.00 finance charge and didn't tell me about it for two months. They didn't email me or send me a letter. They even know my email and mailing address because they sent me the gift card and the demand letter. They also know my credit score because they checked it when I applied for the card. I paid them the $7.92 the same day I got the letter, but they still reported me to a credit bureau and my score dropped by 99 points. This is ridiculous. Target doesn't care about its customers. They punish you for their mistakes and make it harder for you to pay them back.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Target's Curbside Pickup at Brandywine Location in Wilmington, DE: Frustrating and Unacceptable

I've been ordering from the Target website for curbside pickup at the Brandywine location in Wilmington, DE for over a year now. Unfortunately, I've had issues with over half of my orders, which is really frustrating since I place orders frequently.

If this was just happening during the COVID-19 pandemic, I would understand. But it's been happening for a while now, and it's really not acceptable.

In over half of my orders, I've been missing items. I can't even get out of my car to check my order because the parking lot is always crowded and people aren't wearing masks. I have severe asthma and I'm considered high risk for infection, so I shouldn't have to put my life on the line just to get what I paid for.

Recently, I ordered a storage bin that came out without a lid. The employee said she would be back with it, but after waiting for 30 minutes, I had to talk to another employee and found out that the first person I dealt with had left for the day and didn't tell anyone about my missing lid. While the second employee did try to help, she had to go into the store twice (with a 20+ minute wait both times) and came back saying they didn't have it. I was told I had to go into the store to get refunded, but I can't do that because of health risks.

The very next order I placed was missing FOUR items. Everything was jammed into a large Target bag (which was too heavy to carry anyway) and I had to claw it open. I only noticed one item missing because I didn't have time to go through everything. When I called the store, I couldn't reach guest services and eventually someone in electronics told me I would have to come in for the item because I wouldn't be able to reach guest services at all.

This isn't an isolated incident and it's not acceptable. I have to drive 30 minutes (one way) to the store, and there's a good chance the item will be sold out and I'll have to wait in an extremely long line just to find that out. Plus, I'm putting my own and my family's lives in danger while we're trying to quarantine to save our own and others' health and safety.

Target will eventually refund you, but that doesn't excuse the fact that this is happening. I ordered those items because I NEED them. The refund isn't processed for several days, and I can't afford to wait since I'm laid off and my husband's hours have been cut. Now I have to wait 3-5 business days to buy my dog food because of this. Sadly, we don't have any money to be able to do that at the moment.

I've spent hours waiting on hold for the store and the corporate office (on multiple occasions), and all they can do is provide feedback to the store. That's not a solution that will work anytime soon, and it doesn't help my personal situation. Target refuses to do anything to fix the problem, and most of the people I talked to at the corporate office were rude and unapologetic. I was even disconnected and/or hung up on multiple times, which just made the situation worse.

This is absolutely appalling and unacceptable, but Target won't do anything about it. They seem to think it's reasonable for me to risk my life to fix a problem on their end. Meanwhile, they're making billions of dollars.

It's really sad that this is the way Target conducts business in general, but especially during this time. I hope they can figure out a way to fix these issues soon.

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Frustrating Experience with Target's Customer Service: Representatives Didn't Understand My Issue

I had a pretty frustrating experience with Target's customer service. I called in twice and both times, the representatives I spoke with didn't seem to understand my issue. The first guy, Mike (I think that was his name), told me my card was activated and had a balance, but I explained that my problem was that the balance wasn't working at the stores. He transferred me to a gift card specialist, but no one ever picked up, so I hung up and called again.

The second guy, Paul (I think), also told me that my card was activated and had a balance. I repeated my issue, but he kept putting me on hold and apologizing for the inconvenience. He eventually told me that there was no balance on the card because it had been used on the 7th. I knew that wasn't possible because I hadn't used it and two workers had told me there was still a balance. I offered to send him the receipt as proof, but he put me on hold again. When he came back, I suggested that he cancel the card and send me a new one that worked. He agreed and asked for my email address, but then asked for an order number instead. I didn't have one, so he said he couldn't send me a new card.

I spoke with a supervisor named May, who also insisted on an order number. She gave me a case number and told me to call it when I was purchasing at Target so that they could walk the employees through a process for me to use my gift card without scanning it. I was pretty frustrated at this point because it seemed like they were making me jump through hoops for a measly $5. I even forwarded the email with my gift card to prove I wasn't lying, but May claimed she didn't receive it.

Overall, I was disappointed with Target's customer service. It took over half an hour on the phone (not including the first call) to resolve a simple issue, and I felt like the representatives didn't really know what they were doing. I would recommend taking your business elsewhere if you're looking for good customer service.

G

Target Disappointed with Target's Delivery Service and Customer Support

I'm really disappointed with my experience with Target. I ordered a Tobi Kids Train Bed - Red for my child on December 4th, 2016, as a Christmas surprise. However, the package got lost and wasn't delivered by the promised date of December 16th. When I called Target, they contacted the delivery company and said it would arrive on December 19th. When it finally arrived, the package was ripped in several spots, one whole side was open, and multiple pieces were damaged beyond repair. I called Target and spoke to a supervisor named Yaretci, who gave me a case number and said she would re-order the item for me, marked it as expedited and the replacement bed should arrive in 3 to 5 business days. She also provided me a $50 e gift card as a token for my inconvenience.

However, when I tracked my new order online, it stated it was arriving by December 27th. I called the delivery service as it showed it had arrived in my city in the morning. The delivery service said since Target didn't specify a delivery day or said I would sign for the item, they were holding onto it till January 2nd. I asked if they were seriously going to just hold it in the warehouse for a week "just because" when it was about 30 minutes away from me? The lady then said she could get it delivered on the 29th. The lady at the delivery service specifically stated it wasn't coming earlier because of how Target set up the delivery.

I then called Target, but the guy who I got on the call kept quoting me they can't indicate how the delivery is done and they did nothing wrong. He continued to say there was nothing they could do. He then said we can't ever say something will take 5 business days to get there. All he kept doing is offering up the PC excuses as to why Target was not at fault for any of this. I interrupted and said BUT it has been a month! A MONTH! AND Target DID say it would be 3 to 5 business days, was expediting the shipment as they knew my situation and I was extremely pressed for time. AND they never asked if I could stay home to sign for it which would make it faster. Target is pointing the finger at their delivery carrier and the delivery carrier is pointing the finger at Target.

SOMEONE has to take ownership of this as I am the one who is being penalized - actually it's my child who is loosing out on this wonderful Christmas memory that has now been taken from him - and it is Target. That is who I purchased this item from. I have waited a MONTH to get this item that was supposed to be here well before Christmas. This is your responsibility Target.

I am beyond frustrated, saddened and angry at how this whole thing has been handled. Never in a million years did I expect a delivery to take a month and for the item to be damaged beyond use when I initially bought this. And I never in a million years thought this was how the ecommerce team would handle it. I shop at Target locally all the time, I buy my groceries there and I always seem to wander over to the regular side and stock pile my cart with more things I "need". Even though this is an ecommerce issue, it's putting a huge distaste in my mouth to even step back into a Target. It's just sad and I am hoping you WILL make this right.

Sadly I've now realized I could have bought this from Amazon. Who does guarantee their deliveries, their quality and has wonderful customer service to make things right. Lesson learned for all the folks out there. I'll never be able to enjoy my child's enjoyment after seeing how Santa redecorated his room.

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Target's Online Store: Frustrating Customer Service and No Price Matching

I recently had an experience with Target's online store that left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. I had ordered a large piece of furniture and shortly after placing my order, I found the same item for $70 less on another website. I called Target's customer service to see if they would price match, but was informed that the other website was not one of their competitors and therefore they could not match the price. I then asked if I could cancel my order, but was told it was too late to do so.

This is where the real trouble began. I tried to reach someone above the call center representative I was speaking with, but had difficulty finding an email address to write to. When I left feedback, there was no option to provide an email address for a response. I then tried the chat feature, but was only given another number to call. The automated system was difficult to navigate and when I finally reached a human representative, they were unable to help me.

After several attempts, I finally spoke with someone who said they could price match my item. However, by this point I had already ordered the item from the other website. I was told to call back once the item had shipped and they would be able to cancel and refund my order. When I received notification that the item had shipped, I called back and went through the same frustrating process of navigating the automated system and speaking with representatives who were difficult to understand over a bad phone connection.

Eventually, I spoke with someone who said they could cancel my order, but they needed a number from FedEx before they could do so. I was told to call back at any time, but when I did, I was informed that the higher-ups were only available between 7AM and 7PM. I was also repeatedly told that I could not receive a refund because I had ordered the item at 7:45 AM, despite the fact that this was a different time zone.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with the level of customer service I received from Target's online store. As someone who works in a call center, I know that there are better ways to handle customer issues. I may never buy online from Target again and will likely avoid shopping at my local store as well. I would not recommend buying online from Target and urge buyers to beware.

Target Target's Discrimination Against Black Americans in West Boca Raton, FL

I went to Target in West Boca Raton, Florida on Wednesday, August 24, 2016, around 11:30 am to buy some items for my employer with the company's credit card. I was wearing my medical uniform that I've been wearing for the past 20 years. I always shop at this store to buy gift cards, groceries, and other items with my company's credit card. On this day, I picked up my groceries, office supplies, and three gift cards ($100, $50, and $25) and headed to the checkout to buy these items. Lenora was the cashier who has seen me on numerous occasions and has checked me out several times. However, on this day, she decided to ask me for an ID for some particular reason. She never asked to see the credit card I was holding in my hand, nor was I given a chance to swipe the card. I informed her that my ID does not match the name on the credit card since it was my company's credit card. I have used the same credit card to shop at this store on numerous occasions for the past 15 years, and I have never had a problem in the past.

Lenora looked at me as if I were some type of criminal coming into Target to purchase items and gift cards with a stolen credit card. She proceeded to say, "I can't sell you these items" and without any explanation sent me to the service desk. As I'm standing there in dismay, I also became confused since there were two Caucasian women who had just made large purchases with their credit cards, and they were never asked for their ID. Being a woman of mixed descent that is Caucasian and Black American, I began to feel as if I were being profiled by the color of my skin.

Feeling embarrassed and humiliated, I continued to the service desk. As I was approaching the service desk, I could tell this was not going to be a pleasant conversation by the look that the girl behind the desk had on her face. It was clear that she did not want to hear a word I had to say. It appeared that in some way, Lenora had already made her aware of the situation. Once at the desk, I was immediately asked by Courtney, "Do you have an ID, and does it match the name on the card?" I replied, "I do have ID; however, the name on the card is my company's credit card that I have used in your store to purchase items for the past 15 years and have never had a problem before." Courtney replied in a very rude and disrespectful tone, "I can't sell you these items" and sent me on my way with no explanation as to why I could not purchase these items. Courtney never even looked to see whose name was on the card. Words cannot describe the way I continued to feel as I walked out of the store. The lack of courtesy she displayed left me feeling as if Target has a huge problem with the way they handle their customers.

I was so upset that I had to call my office manager before I could even get back to the office, which was just across the street from Target. My office manager was in disbelief and was trying to come to some type of understanding why I was treated with such disrespect by the employees at Target. She is well aware of how much money we have spent at this store with the company's card for many years. When I arrived back at the office, my office manager decided that we should go back to Target to find out why I could not purchase my items. We went directly to the service desk to speak with Courtney. My office manager politely asked Courtney, "What was the reason for not allowing me to purchase my items?" She replied, "It's company policy to ID every guest when purchasing gift cards." My office manager asked, "When did this policy come into effect?" Courtney responded, "This policy has been in effect for a while now." My office manager informed her that she was here in December 2015 and had purchased over $600 in gift cards, and I was never asked to show her ID. "She did not know the exact date for this unknown policy." Courtney then apologized to me because she failed to explain why I could not purchase my items nor did she make me aware of this so-called store policy.

I am not racist, nor is my office manager, who is a Caucasian woman, but we both felt I was being treated differently because of the color of my skin. After leaving the store, I decided to call the corporate office to make them aware of the manner in which their Target guests were being treated. I explained my situation to Stacey, the customer services representative, and was told I would be receiving a call back within 48 hours. On Friday, August 26, at 7:50 am, I decided to give the corporate office a follow-up call, where I then found out that my case was referred to the specialist department and was advised to call back between 8 am and 7 pm. I called back at 11 am because I did not want this to get swept under the carpet. I spoke to Beth in the Specialist department and explained that I felt as if I was being treated like a criminal because of the color of my skin. It's sad to think there are narrow-minded employees at the West Boca Raton location. She was very apologetic and promised I would receive a call back from the store manager. Around 3 pm, I received a call from the store manager named Gonzalo, who was also very apologetic for how I was treated at his store. Gonzalo made me aware that there is no such policy in effect in his store nor in any other Target stores that states a guest should be asked to show ID when purchasing a gift card with a credit card. I advised him that he should educate his staff on the store policies and teach them that all guests should be treated with the same respect regardless of the color of their skin. He offered me a gift card, which I refused. No offering can fix the way I was disrespected, humiliated, embarrassed, and harassed by the small-minded employees at that store. I am considering hiring an attorney because this kind of behavior to store guests is unacceptable and should not be tolerated nor ignored! If you are a person of color, please take your business elsewhere. Stay away from this Target store or any other Target who mistreats beautiful Black Americans.

The address to this store is *** State Rd 7, Boca Raton, FL ***.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Frustration and Disappointment at Target: A Christmas Tree Shopping Experience

I recently had an experience at Target that left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. My wife and I were in need of a Christmas tree for a large gathering we were hosting at our home. We decided to visit the Chaska, MN Target Super Store on November 29, 2017 around 6:00PM. Upon entering the store, we asked an attendant where the Christmas tree section was located and were directed to the back of the store.

After spending about 10 minutes browsing the available trees on display, I spotted a young girl in a red vest in the next aisle and asked her a question about a particular tree stand I saw. Her response was that she didn't work in that section and did not know. I asked if she could call over another person that could help, and she said sure. My wife and I continued browsing the area, and after about 10 minutes, I walked back up to the girl and asked if she had called someone. Her response was, "OK, I'll do that now," and then she announced on the store's PA system, "Customer needs help in section C [something]." A woman quickly came to our aid, was friendly and helpful, and answered our question. She then proceeded to assist us with picking out a Christmas tree.

After some time comparing trees, likes and dislikes, we chose our tree, only to discover from Cheri, our helper, that they were out of stock. Being the tree that we wanted, I asked if we could purchase the display tree. Her response was, "I'm not sure, but I will find out." Cheri moved just a few feet away, got on her store phone, and asked, "We have a Christmas tree on display but out of stock. Can the customer purchase the display tree?" A male voice replied, "We cannot sell our display trees."

I said to Cheri that I heard and asked if she could check with other stores if they had that particular tree (***) in stock. She did, coming back with, "The Minnetonka Store on Hwy 101 has them in stock." I then told my wife, "Let's just drive over to the Minnetonka store and buy it." Walking away, I just had this feeling and went back to Cheri, asking if she would call the store and have one held for us. A few minutes later, she comes back and says, "I'm so sorry, Minnetonka is out of stock on that model tree."

At this point, I asked again to see the store manager. Cheri back on her phone connects with the store manager and says, "The customer would like to see you." The manager's response was, "What does he want?" Cheri says, "He wants to see you about the display tree." Not long at all, a Mr. Ma***ha shows up. No smile or happy greeting, just, "That particular tree is out of stock. In fact, it has been discontinued, and I cannot sell it to you today, but if you come back a week before Christmas, I can sell it to you for 30% off."

I politely responded to him, "You're telling me that you have a tree on display for sale that has been discontinued and out of stock, but you can't sell the display tree to me until a week before Christmas?" He responded, "Yes, it's store policy." I challenged his position with something like, "Why would you have a tree on display that you cannot sell? That in having this tree on display, you will be wasting the time of other customers that are interested in that tree and having your employees running around trying to help your customers? Does this make sense to you? I am willing to pay you full price for this display tree without the additional 30% discount, and you will relieve your customers and employees of a lot of frustration, now." Mr. M responded, "I'm sorry, it's store policy."

Extremely frustrated, my wife and I calmly left the store. The next morning, hoping to get the attention of someone at Target Corporate, I first went through Target's Guest Services-Store Experience help line. It didn't take me long to realize that I was being patronized by a very friendly Mr. Daniel, who was repeating a script that he had obviously memorized. Daniel assured me that the Regional Manager would be getting this information and would be in contact with me. Escaping the Rabbit Hole, I thanked him for his time and ended the call.

I called back and asked for the supervisor of that same department. A very nice lady, after asking me to tell her my complaint, tried to help me in finding that particular tree. Putting me on hold, she called two stores. One store had one like it but not the same. The other store had one. I asked her to call that store that had one and ask them to physically put their hand on it before I drive to the store. She got back to me, "You're correct, they don't have it." I thanked her for her attempts, and we ended the call.

I have purchased computer display units (computers, printers, etc.) from other big box stores in the past without any issues. You would think that purchasing a display Christmas tree wouldn't be so difficult. In my investigation of Christmas trees, I discovered that the same vendor supplies both Target and Menards - Christmas Trees. Not the same models, but close.

The next morning, we headed out to our local Menards in Eden Prairie. This store is huge, but we were quickly directed to the Christmas tree section. Very similar to Target's layout of display trees, we spent a good twenty-thirty minutes looking at trees and decided on one that was very close to the one we saw at Target. Another customer also looking at trees came up to us and said, "I just love that tree, but they are out of stock. I need to pick one out for our office, and wouldn't you know the one I like is out of stock." I looked at my wife and said, "I'll be right back." I'm sure she knew what I was about to do.

I walked up to the first person I found wearing a blue vest and asked, "Can you tell me if you would be able to sell a display Christmas tree if you are out of stock?" The employee responded with, "You would need to talk to Building Supplies. Their counter is right over there." Reaching the building supplies desk, I asked, "If you are out of stock on a particular Christmas tree, would you be willing to sell your display unit?" He responded with, "Gee, I don't know, show me the tree." We both walked over to the display area, I showed him the tree, he pulled the tag off the tree, walked over to the racking where they keep their stocked items, and saw that they were out of stock. He then instructed me to follow him to another customer service desk where he got the attention of, I assume, a manager, whose name tag said Matt, and explained the situation to him. Matt looked at me and said, "Do you have a bag to put this tree in? If not, we can grab a bag for just $20.00." He was so quick, I replied with a quick stutter, "Sure!"

The three of us began walking to the display area. Reaching the display area, the two employees immediately began dismantling the tree. My wife, seeing what was happening, was quick to grab a tree bag and revolving stand. The two gentlemen bagged the tree, zipped it up, and placed it on top of our cart. Mission accomplished, you would think that we were done. NO! Matt said to my wife and me, "Do you shop here often?" I said, "No, we don't." Matt said, "We have some phenomenal specials going on right now. If you have a couple of minutes, follow me." In my head, I'm saying to myself, "You just got the display tree you wanted. Sure, I'll follow him."

Just two aisles over, Matt pointed out a special they had on pork and beef roasts for just $6.00/ea. "They are delicious," my wife loves them, Matt said. In our basket, my wife placed one beef roast. We continued on down the next aisle. Matt said, "Do you use KCups?" "Yes, we do," I replied. Matt said, "Look at this, an 80-count box for just $17.00." Recognizing the same brand I purchase at our local grocery store, 42-count for $18.95, in the basket it went.

I looked at my wife and said, "This is silly. We're going to end up buying everything this guy points out to us." I thanked Matt for showing us the deals but let him know we needed to go home. Matt escorted us to the register area, gave the paperwork to the cashier on the Christmas tree, and waited for the other items to be processed and paid for. He then, with a big smile, thanked us for shopping at Menards and wished us a happy holiday season. I replied with, "Thank you so much, Matt, for your assistance, and we will be back to look at more deals you have. Happy holidays to you too."

No, the Target Regional Manager never got back to me.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Terrible Customer Service Experience at Target: Rude Cashier and Manager Tied Up My Money

I went to Target on a Sunday afternoon, the 19th of September, and had a terrible experience with the customer service cashier, Naquisha. I had made a purchase of around $50 and was told by the cashier that I could sign up with my phone number and get some money off. However, Naquisha asked me if I wanted my money back instead of giving me a store credit, which I found to be a trick question. I wanted my money back on my card, but they tied up $100 worth of money, and then charged me again. It was frustrating because the bank took forever to process the transaction.

The manager, Heidi, was also rude and unhelpful. She kept asking me how I wanted my money back, even though I had already told her that I wanted it on my card. I felt like they were blaming me for the mistake, even though it was their fault. They tied up $150 of my account, and I was insulted when I told Naquisha that I would have to come back and talk to the manager about what they had done to me. She had a big attitude and no respect for elderly people.

I have never encountered such disrespectful behavior from a cashier in my entire life. Naquisha and Heidi need to learn how to treat customers with respect and not tie up their money. They should be reported on how to treat human beings. I rate my experience at Target as the worst I have ever had. I will never step foot in that store again.

Naquisha and Heidi need to go back to customer service training and learn how to take care of their customers. They were both so disrespectful and unhelpful. I promise that I will put a review on Google about how badly I was treated. Target in Jensen Beach needs to improve their customer service if they want to keep their customers.

M

Target Target's Terrible Customer Service and Delivery: A Warning to All Buyers

I recently had a really bad experience with Target. I ordered a mattress and a bed, and they promised to deliver the mattress on a certain day. I paid extra for delivery, but then they changed the delivery date multiple times. I had to keep moving around and didn't have a place to sleep. I spent three hours on the phone with customer service, but they didn't really help me. I explained that I'm 64 years old and have health problems, but they didn't seem to care. They didn't even deliver the items to my apartment like I asked - they left a dirty, broken box in the doorman's office. I had to pay the doorman to help me carry the heavy mattress to my apartment.

When I finally got the mattress, it wasn't what I expected. It was too soft and not firm enough for my back problems. And when I tried to return it, they said I couldn't because it couldn't be repackaged.

But that's not all - I also ordered a bed from Target, and they didn't deliver it on the promised day. They didn't even send it - it's still in Minneapolis! They keep sending me emails with different information and excuses, and I still don't have a bed to sleep on. I have health problems and need a good bed, but they don't seem to care.

The customer service at Target is terrible. They keep changing the delivery dates and don't seem to care about their customers. I checked my order status and saw that the bed frame was in the warehouse, so I tried to cancel the order. But they refused to let me cancel it, even though I had good reasons.

I really regret ordering from Target. Their products are bad and their customer service is even worse. They treated me like an old, sick person with no respect. I don't recommend buying from Target - it's just not worth the stress and hassle.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Target's Customer Service is a Nightmare: My Experience with a Damaged Dinning Set and Wrong Delivery

So, I bought a dinning set from Target.com and it came all messed up. I tried to contact the maker, but they didn't even bother to respond. So, I reached out to Target for a replacement and return. The replacement was delivered to the wrong house downstairs. I told Target about it and they just told me to go over there and open the package while it's standing up and take out a piece at a time for the ones I need to replace. Are they kidding me? That box was huge! It was three times my width and heavier than me. I'm not taking that risk. The box even said to lay it flat before opening. Target just said too bad.

I called them again and they said they would come and pick up both packages, the damaged one and the one that was delivered to the wrong place, and refund me. But guess what? They didn't refund me at all. I called, chatted, showed delivery proof, and was told they have a system. They need to transfer my case to the investigation team, then the research team, then the specialist team and then to processing and such, then refund. But they never even transferred my case to any team when I contacted them again a week later. The chat rep told me to just contact my bank.

I did and it took weeks more plus a complaint to the BBB for Target to refund me. And then they sent me a collection letter telling me I owe them the money. What the heck? I contacted my bank and was told they are still under investigation and need Target to contact them directly as I have handed the case over to my bank. But Target just won't and keeps sending debt collection letters with threats of me not being able to use my RED card again and such.

So, to avoid any hit on my credit and stuff, I have to send in another payment that I do not owe to Target. This is ridiculous. Hopefully, it's a learning lesson and when this clears, I will cancel the RED card. I started using it because I gave up on Walmart, but sadly this year, Walmart online has beat Target's new "improved" system for sure. The 5% off on the RED card is for sure not worth the trouble.

I have since then done all my shopping mainly on Amazon. The comfort of having decent/good customer services helps me more than a few dollars discount. So, beware if you buy anything expensive and large from Target that comes damaged, it's like giving birth each time you contact them.

J

Target Disappointed with Target's Online Store: A Comedy of Errors

I used to be a big fan of Target, but my recent experience with their online store has left me feeling disappointed. I decided to purchase a smart TV from Target.com and selected the option to pick it up at my local store on Thursday night, with plans to pick it up on Friday. The TV was on sale and showed as being in stock, so I thought it was a great deal. However, shortly after making the purchase, I received a message saying that the TV was no longer available for store pickup and that I should choose one of the other available options.

The other options were not ideal. I could either pick it up at another store, which sent me back to my local store, indicating that the TV was in stock. Or I could choose shipping, which said it would not ship to my address. The last option was to choose another item, which was the exact same TV, but at full price, not the sales price. I was baffled by this option, and it only got more confusing as the situation played out.

I decided to call the store manager to complain about my experience and ask for the smart TV at the sales price. She checked their inventory and explained that the online inventory was in error and different from their store inventory. Unless I wanted to purchase the floor display model, which I did not, she did not have the TV to sell me. She offered to see if it would come on the expected Friday or Saturday deliveries or to work with me on the price of a different TV. I said that we could see if it would arrive. I was upset to learn that a store manager can't adjust the order to get an item in order when a customer has been mistreated. It's ridiculous!

Of course, the TV did not arrive with the deliveries on either day. On Saturday, I called Target.com customer service, but they were unable to locate the smart TV anywhere within the Target system in order to send it to me. So Target sold me a smart TV, but wouldn't actually allow me to purchase and take ownership of said TV. Thanks, Target!

As I explained to both the store manager and the customer service representatives, I can't stand Walmart. However, within 2 minutes on their website - and no hassle whatsoever - I purchased the smart TV that I wanted, and they confirmed they are preparing to ship it to me. I hate that Target's comedy of errors in this situation has made Walmart look good.

Sure, Target is sending me a small gift card for my inconvenience, but I can't use it toward the TV they sold to me, but won't actually allow me to have. It's frustrating and disappointing, and I'm not sure if I'll be shopping at Target again anytime soon.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target Target.com's Tracking System Caused Confusion and Inconvenience - A Review

I recently made a purchase on Target.com for two Amazon Fire tablets and some other items, including a large book. At first, I received three different tracking numbers via email, which was a bit confusing. However, I eventually received one tracking number that showed all of my items were being shipped in a single shipment. Or so I thought.

When I tracked my shipment through UPS Quantum, I received not one, but two packages. One of the packages contained an Amazon Fire tablet, but its packaging was crushed by a family-sized laundry detergent bottle and there wasn't enough padding to protect it. Luckily, the tablet survived the ordeal. The other package contained the second Amazon Fire tablet, which was securely packaged with some T.P. However, neither package contained the book I had ordered.

When I checked Target.com, it only showed one tracking number and indicated that the package had been delivered. To make matters worse, UPS Quantum sent me an email showing three scans under the same tracking number. I called UPS to report the missing book, but they insisted that there was only one package delivered.

I was about to call the police to report the missing item when I remembered that Target had switched around the tracking numbers. I went back through my emails and tried the initial tracking numbers, and sure enough, the book was sent by UPS to USPS and was scheduled to be delivered later that day. None of this information was reflected on the Target.com website, which still showed a single tracking number with a status of "delivered."

Overall, this was way too much drama for me to deal with. I prefer simple, clean tracking that shows me the status of my items. While I appreciate that Target eventually delivered all of my items, I will not be ordering from Target.com again due to the confusion and inconvenience caused by their tracking system.

Target In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Target is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and search functionality that helps you quickly locate products. The overall user experience is smooth and efficient, ensuring a hassle-free shopping experience.

Product Range and Variety: Target offers a wide range of products across various categories, including clothing, electronics, home goods, and more. Their product variety is impressive, catering to different tastes and preferences. Whether you're looking for trendy fashion items or household essentials, Target has you covered with a diverse selection of high-quality products.

Pricing and Discounts: Target is known for its competitive pricing and frequent discounts. They offer affordable options without compromising on quality. The store regularly provides deals and promotions, making it a budget-friendly choice for shoppers. Additionally, their price match guarantee ensures that you get the best value for your money.

Customer Service and Support: Target's customer service is commendable. Their representatives are friendly, knowledgeable, and readily available to assist with any inquiries or issues. They prioritize customer satisfaction and go the extra mile to resolve problems promptly. Whether you have questions about a product or need assistance with an order, Target's customer service team is reliable and helpful.

Shipping and Delivery: Target offers efficient shipping and delivery services. They provide various options, including standard and expedited shipping, ensuring that you receive your items in a timely manner. The tracking system allows you to monitor the progress of your order, providing peace of mind. Target's shipping and delivery process is reliable and convenient.

Return and Refund Policy: Target has a flexible return and refund policy. They accept returns within a reasonable timeframe and provide refunds or exchanges for eligible items. The process is straightforward, and their customer service team assists with any return-related queries. Target's commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in their fair and hassle-free return and refund policy.

Online Shopping Experience: Shopping online at Target is a breeze. The website's user-friendly interface, detailed product descriptions, and customer reviews make it easy to make informed purchasing decisions. The checkout process is seamless, with multiple payment options available. Target's online shopping experience is convenient and enjoyable.

In-Store Experience: Target's in-store experience is pleasant and well-organized. The stores are clean, spacious, and well-stocked. The layout is intuitive, making it easy to navigate through different sections. The staff is friendly and helpful, ensuring a positive shopping experience. Target's in-store experience is enjoyable for customers of all ages.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Target offers a rewarding loyalty program called "Target Circle." Members enjoy various benefits, including exclusive discounts, personalized deals, and early access to sales. The program also allows members to support local communities through charitable donations. Target's loyalty program adds value to the overall shopping experience.

Overall Customer Satisfaction and Ratings: Target consistently receives high customer satisfaction ratings. Their commitment to providing quality products, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and convenient shopping experiences has earned them a loyal customer base. Target's dedication to meeting customer needs and expectations is evident in their positive ratings and reviews.

How to file a complaint about Target?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint against Target on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with Target in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Target. Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, etc.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Utilize the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Submit your complaint by clicking the 'Submit' button.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to guide you effectively through the process of filing a complaint against Target on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Target customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 591-3869 +1 (800) 440-0680 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Target?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Target Customer Service. Initial Target complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Target above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Target. Discuss the issues you have had with Target and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.