Menu
Target Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Target
reviews and complaints

www.target.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 3639 Reviews

How responsive is Target's customer service?

186 Resolved
598 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if Target showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with Target and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Target has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Target reviews and complaints 805

Newest Target reviews and complaints

C
8:08 pm EST

Target Semi driver

On 1/8/24 at 425pm at the north Murrieta Target off the 215 a target semi driver Canada plates, I think #2938345 from CR England company and side numbers 228781pulled into an intersection while I had just got green light and I mean just pulled into the intersection, No problem. Then while driving next to him he almost hits me and my family. Swerving like a drunk I mean. The whole time he is looking at a iPad probably something he should do while parked. I’ve never seen such bad driving. This guy shouldn’t even driving my kids RC car he almost killed. Terrible driving! I hope he doesn’t actually kill someone before this guy is stopped and put back in less responsible job. Thanks for wasting my time, by not taking your time before speeding off to your next location.

Claimed loss: Tires and brake use.

Desired outcome: I would like a written warning against this driver if a first offense.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Target representatives only. If you are affiliated with Target, please claim your business to access these details.

S
5:05 pm EST

Target Employee

On December 29th 2023 at 1:25 I purchased a visa gift card at target. It was not working and I waited MORE then the 60 minutes it says to wait and I went to customer service and the lady there was rude had a sassy tone and then she laughed at us and said it wasn’t her problem and to do with the card says on the back. When we ask for the manager they did not come and she covered up her name tag and put her headphones on. She was extremely rude and it was so unnecessary and uncalled for.

N
12:45 pm EST

Target Truck driver

Driving on North 41 in Florida. Truck driver driving on 12/20/2023 at 12:33pm #188181 with a Maine license plate. This driver was driving extremely recklessly. He had forced his way past multiple vehicles in a merge lane almost did swiping myself and others in front of me. He then continued to swerve in and out of his lane. He has hit his break and almost caused a multiple car accident. This is ridiculous. For someone driving a semi truck this recklessly is unacceptable. This matter, if continued during my drive, will be brought to the attention of the local police.

Desired outcome: I’d like to see this drivers job to be reevaluated. This issue poses a threat to other drivers on the road and will become a liability issue if a crash happens.

12:16 am EST

Target Inaccessibility issue: store location - 2424 Highway 6 and 50, Suite C, Grand Junction, CO 81505

I reached out to Target support directly regarding this issue on October 23, 2023, however a little over a month later, I have yet to see the resolution implemented & am therefore reaching out again in hopes of making it happen. The store involved in this complaint is located at 2424 Highway 6 and 50, Suite C, Grand Junction, CO 81505.

While this location has entrance doors that are automatic, and therefore accessible, the doors to its bathrooms are both heavy & lack any wheelchair button/ automatic feature, and are therefore inaccessible.

I and other wheelchair users must therefore ask for assistance from either an employee or another customer if we need to use these facilities.

Upon talking with Target's customer service, I was assured that the local team for this store would be contacted & that they would make the doors accessible. But after a month since my initial outreach, I have yet to see this change executed, and am therefore filing an additional complaint to 1) remind my store of this issue in hopes the promised actions will occur ASAP and 2) see if I can get an update on this resolution (as I know the lack of action may just appear that way, when in reality it's very possible Target is working on this behind the scenes & I'm just unaware of this).

Target is known to be a company that promotes inclusion, diversity, etc. and I fully believe that this change will fully align my local Target with their corporate mission statement.

Thank you!

Desired outcome: wheelchair button installed on entrance doors to bathrooms within Target store

U
12:56 am EST

Target - Target, Paramus NJ.. Bergen Town Center

Earlier this evening my wife and I had the utter displeasure of visiting your Paramus NJ store and was absolutely appalled at what we witnessed.. Entire aisles of merchandise opened, torn and laying on the floors, throughout the entire store,.. it looked as if the store was abandoned and smash and grab gangs had come in to finish the job.. and in every...

J
5:39 am EDT

Target - Online order - wasteful number of boxes

I have an order of 12 little items for the holidays, and five of them arrived today (yesterday now) - - in three different little boxes. 2 sets of the same napkins in one, 2 of the same chocolates in another, and 1 of the 7 little ornaments ( all of the same collection) in another little box. And they all shipped from the same town and address in Illinois!...

R
12:39 pm EDT

Target - Online web tracking

I frequently shop Target Online and I do not like getting blank screens on search and sort requests. Upon checking, Target is tracking customer request, for example, those prevented from tracking me and causing blank screens were: js-sec.indexww.com pub.doubleverify.com edge.curalate.com resources.digital-cloud.medallia.com ..urepubads.g.doubleclick.net...

8:01 pm EDT

Target Visa 200 dollar gift cards

I purchased $1400 in gift cards from target in June for my kids graduation. I had saved for 12 months to do this. They let me know the cards were not working so I checked them on the mybalencenow website and it said there was a reversal of the funds back to target. I called the third party Incomm company and they said it was an activation issue. I sent them the receipt and all the card numbers for the claim. I called back 6 weeks later and they said the cards were sent I don’t get them. So now sept 2023 I finally got them to resend the cards to be told 7 to 10 days it’s Oct 30th no cards yet they keep telling me they are on the way. How can you sell this Target! I need help getting my hard earned money back

Claimed loss: $1400

Desired outcome: Cards or money back I have the receipt and my credit card payment

D
3:05 pm EDT

Target - Scam emails

Account Number: 7482496-BS-08-2018 Re: Outstanding Debt of $960.23 Creditor: U.S Cash Advance Attention, To date, we have received no correspondence pertaining to your $960.23 debt to our company. This, following numerous attempts to collect will be your final notification prior to our referring your debt to an outside collection firm. Your balance i...

R
5:06 pm EDT

Target - Expired cheeseballs on the aisles

We shopped for groceries and picked up cheeseballs as part of our groceries. Our general understanding, or for that matter anyone's understanding would be that a store like Target will not keep expired items on their aisles, but unfortunately this incident happened to us on 8th October. We did not expect an expired product to be present and picked up a...

9:05 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Target - Target keeps cancelling my online orders!!!

I've been a loyal Target shopper in-store and online for many years. However, after years of shopping online, Target has been cancelling ALL my online orders. I've chatted with agents online to no avail. I've filed BBB complaints, Target's response is they "stand firm" on their decision. Why is this happening? I've received damaged leaking laundry detergent...

L
3:32 pm EDT

Target Manager's behavior

I went to Target today to inquire about a pair of pants. I had just listened to a Hispanic song in Spanish. I said, "Are you the manager?" "She said,"Yes". I joking said,"Are you going to play Polish music in Polish next month in October because it will be Polish Heritage Month? In March are you going to play Irish music in March for Irish Heritage Month?"She asked me to leave the store. Talk about miserable people! She is long dark haired about a size 18-20, 5'6". When I asked her name she put her hair over her name tag. I told her I was going to file a complaint. She snickered and said, "Good luck with that". I was parked alongside Target in the first handicapped space on the side. Target Complaint#: [protected]. Jen, another employee witnessed this. I went out to my car to make the lengthy complaint with Target CS. I was still in the handicapped for over an hour because I get BBQ chicken from The Amish Farm and House next to Target. Target called the police on me. The manager told the police she wanted me to leave the handicapped space on the side of Target. I called Target back to update the complaint with having the police called on me. The manager claimed the entire parking lot is Targets' behind the Amish Farm and House. While I had Target on the phone I inquired about the parking and I was told that the parking is shared. I called and spoke to the East Lampeter Police officer to let him know the parking is shared. If I decide to get chicken from The Amish Farm and House I will park in the handicapped spaces on the side of Target. Those spaces are the only handicapped spaces for the Amish BBQ chicken. After all they are shared spaces. I really don't shop much at Target anyways. The water is $1.14 more and I get that at Walmart. The Sparkling Ice doesn't come in the larger size. The pants? No great loss. I can claim I'm outraged, upset or disgusted. All true. Well chalk this up to another business which should go under. It's been raining and I already let my entire family (546 people). Since it's raining I'm going to sit here and let all my military, Defense, Media, Wall Street and Techies know of my experience at Target today. May Target go down as they should.

Desired outcome: I don't hold much hope. They have already lost billions upon billions for their behavior. Let's see what you can do. OK?

M
8:45 am EDT

Target Truck Driver - Reckless driving

Operator of truck 172583 driving on I 87 south NY (Governor Thomas E. Dewey Thruway between exit 24 and 23) between 7:35 am - 7:50 am Sept 15 2023. Extremely reckless driving. Came behind me started honking and flashing lights even though I was going 65 mph (at the speed limit). Then went on to pass and tried to force me off the road by quickly merging back into the lane when more than half length of the truck hadn't even passed my car by. I had to slow down around 50 mph to prevent a collision. When he finally merged back he started driving around ~ 55 mph in attempts to frustrate.

J
6:03 pm EDT

Target - Billing

Hello , my target card got discontinued for non use i applied for another one received it used once kept checking no payment due finally got hold of someone about the issue of me not getting a bill first off i was looking at my old online account thought the new card would roll over found out you don't do that got that straight the guy i talked to said...

K
12:53 pm EDT

Target - Customer service and online services

I placed an online order on 9-2-2023. I paid with a 15.00 target gift card and put the 3.13 balance on my red card On 9-5-2023 I checked my checking account and they had charged the 3.13 and the 15.00 to my account. So I tried to call the store I go to and they would pick up and hang up after it had rang 10 times very unprofessional. So I called the...

S
9:54 am EDT

Target Rude Store Director

I'm a frequent shopper at Target in Springfield Mall, Virginia, and I am disappointed because I've seen the store director treat her employees poorly. I know she is the store director because I asked an employee who she was. She doesn't have a respectful tone when talking to her employees. You can tell how unhappy the workers are, which makes my trips to Target unpleasant. I like Target, I like to buy there, but I don't feel comfortable witnessing that kind of behavior.

H
1:38 pm EDT

Target Student verification discount process

We went to the Target in Lincoln, Nebraska to purchase move in college dorm stuff. Target advertised a 20% student discount for new students. We supplied all necessary information for student verification. Team members told us we would get verification within a few minutes via email. We waited in store for 1 hour waiting for verification, it never came. We called customer service and they were unable to help. They said it would take 1-3 days. We don’t have 3 days, my daughter has no car and this was the only day to move in.

We asked to speak to a customer service supervisor and we got Joe. (No last name). He was extremely rude to both my daughter and myself. Not only was he unhelpful but being rude to customers is totally uncalled for and unacceptable.

The whole college discount appears to be a scam. Customer service should have said, “oh you’re moving in to your dorm, congratulations, show me your ID and here’s your 20% discount” instead of us waiting 1 hour and never receiving the code. Waste of time.

Heather Friese

[protected]

Desired outcome: Apology from target for the rude customer service supervisor and the 20% discount promised to students.

10:03 pm EDT

Target Red Card Billing

William F. Middleton Account Number: [protected] Account ID Number: [protected] Statement Closing date: June 26/2023 When adding all the Credit Transactions for: 6/5, 6/13, 6/13 (Second time) and 6/19, the total is: $ 295.92 The statement purchases and other debt is: $ 201.88 Thus, an over payment credit of: $ 94.04 Statement Closing date: July 26, 2023 Only has Credit Transaction for 6/28 of: $ 19.90 There is not any over payment from the Statement Closing date of June 26, 2023 for: $ 94.04. Please make this adjustment ASAP and notify me as such in writing. For I called your Customer Service number [protected] twice. Twice I was put on hold and hung up on. Will Middleton [protected]

Desired outcome: Credit of $ 94.04 ASAP.

10:22 am EDT

Target Threatening letters on your behalf

I am receiving emails from a so called attorney citing a docket file, saying this is being filed in court. In review of other complaints I see the EXACT same docket number is being used in every email. This is fraud and it needs to stop. They are using docket 7482496-BS-08-2018.

A Jamika Magro is the email it comes from. Not even an actually corporation email but hotmail.

Desired outcome: Advise this company to stop all fraudulent actions and take this off my credit report

V

Re: Outstanding Debt of $960.23

Date: July 29, 2023

OFFER IN COMPROMISE : PAY $289.00 ONLY SAVE UP TO $671.23

Attention,

We refer to our email to you of sent to you one month ago. You will note that the sum of $960.23 is due by you. This amount is now outstanding more than 1024 Days. We would like to draw it to your attention that we have now commenced our legal Debt Collection procedure in respect of your case and we will pursue the amount due by you together with legal costs until settled in full. It is strongly in your interests to avoid the additional expense and embarrassment of a court appearance. We strongly advise you to take this opportunity to reach an amicable solution.

Kindly contact us on EMAIL to pay your outstanding balance or settle this account. Payment arrangement and Settlement options are available. Unless you notify this office within 4 hours after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume the debt is valid. If you do not pay the balance within 4 hours, we will pursue all legal options available to collect the debt, up to and including suit for judgement and garnishment proceedings.

If you need to make arrangements to pay your debt, reply to this email.

This is an attempt to collect a debt; any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Settlement Amount: $960.23

Payment Plan: Pay $40.00 Every Two Weeks

==========================

70% DISCOUNT

Offer In Compromise: $289.00 Today (This will be considered as a paid in full)

Payment Mode: Online

Sincerely,

Staff Attorney (Target Repayments Services)

Copies to:

Alan Cooper, Account Coordinator

Frank Rogers, County Administrator

Carl Cooper, County Attorney

Maria Fairchild, Public Safety

Note : It is possible that our previous emails fell through the cracks or delivered in spam because of words like (credit, loan, payment etc.)

Disclaimer : Micro Payments Settlement | FDCPA | Target Repayments Services © 2023

This standard email footer is used to protect attorney-client privilege, which generally applies to communications between an attorney and their client, provided those communications are not disclosed to a third party (or made for the purpose of committing a crime or tort). This is one of the oldest recognized privileges for confidential communications. It is critical to the attorney-client relationship because it gives clients confidence, they can be forthright and their attorneys are then better able to provide candid and effective advice. The possibility of disclosure to a third party is the specific reason the disclaimer is included.

Desired outcome: I want to know if this company exists or not. Legitimate or not. If not I want to know who and how to pursue legal action against them

Target In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Target is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and search functionality that helps you quickly locate products. The overall user experience is smooth and efficient, ensuring a hassle-free shopping experience.

Product Range and Variety: Target offers a wide range of products across various categories, including clothing, electronics, home goods, and more. Their product variety is impressive, catering to different tastes and preferences. Whether you're looking for trendy fashion items or household essentials, Target has you covered with a diverse selection of high-quality products.

Pricing and Discounts: Target is known for its competitive pricing and frequent discounts. They offer affordable options without compromising on quality. The store regularly provides deals and promotions, making it a budget-friendly choice for shoppers. Additionally, their price match guarantee ensures that you get the best value for your money.

Customer Service and Support: Target's customer service is commendable. Their representatives are friendly, knowledgeable, and readily available to assist with any inquiries or issues. They prioritize customer satisfaction and go the extra mile to resolve problems promptly. Whether you have questions about a product or need assistance with an order, Target's customer service team is reliable and helpful.

Shipping and Delivery: Target offers efficient shipping and delivery services. They provide various options, including standard and expedited shipping, ensuring that you receive your items in a timely manner. The tracking system allows you to monitor the progress of your order, providing peace of mind. Target's shipping and delivery process is reliable and convenient.

Return and Refund Policy: Target has a flexible return and refund policy. They accept returns within a reasonable timeframe and provide refunds or exchanges for eligible items. The process is straightforward, and their customer service team assists with any return-related queries. Target's commitment to customer satisfaction is evident in their fair and hassle-free return and refund policy.

Online Shopping Experience: Shopping online at Target is a breeze. The website's user-friendly interface, detailed product descriptions, and customer reviews make it easy to make informed purchasing decisions. The checkout process is seamless, with multiple payment options available. Target's online shopping experience is convenient and enjoyable.

In-Store Experience: Target's in-store experience is pleasant and well-organized. The stores are clean, spacious, and well-stocked. The layout is intuitive, making it easy to navigate through different sections. The staff is friendly and helpful, ensuring a positive shopping experience. Target's in-store experience is enjoyable for customers of all ages.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Target offers a rewarding loyalty program called "Target Circle." Members enjoy various benefits, including exclusive discounts, personalized deals, and early access to sales. The program also allows members to support local communities through charitable donations. Target's loyalty program adds value to the overall shopping experience.

Overall Customer Satisfaction and Ratings: Target consistently receives high customer satisfaction ratings. Their commitment to providing quality products, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and convenient shopping experiences has earned them a loyal customer base. Target's dedication to meeting customer needs and expectations is evident in their positive ratings and reviews.

How to file a complaint about Target?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint against Target on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with Target in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Target. Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, etc.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Utilize the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Submit your complaint by clicking the 'Submit' button.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to guide you effectively through the process of filing a complaint against Target on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Target customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 591-3869 +1 (800) 440-0680 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Target?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Target Customer Service. Initial Target complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Target above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Target. Discuss the issues you have had with Target and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.