Menu
Woolworths South Africa Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Woolworths South Africa
reviews & complaints

www.woolworths.co.za

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 221 Reviews

Woolworths South Africa Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
220 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Woolworths South Africa at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Woolworths South Africa has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Woolworths South Africa. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Woolworths South Africa reviews & complaints

D
4:38 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Woolworths South Africa Poor and rude service from woolworths fourways mall from TEBOGO

After all these years of being a customer to woollies it with great regret to say that I don't see myself doing business with them again just because of the poor service I received from Tebogo at fourways mall and to my disbelief when I requested to speak to a manager they made me speak with the camera security personnel as the manager had apparently all gone to attend to a funeral, still finding it hard to understand up to now how such a big shop cannot have even one manager at a given time.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Woolworths South Africa representatives only. If you are affiliated with Woolworths South Africa, please claim your business to access these details.

6:58 am EST

Woolworths South Africa - Shoe quality

Good day, Trust that this finds you well. I am writing this complaint with hope that it will get resolved in a timely manner. I am a long-standing consumer of Woolworths South Africa, and before I had children of my own, my mother was a loyal customer to the Brand, and everything else it represents. On the 17th of January, I went to Woolworths in...

7:40 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Woolworths South Africa Discrimination complaint

I had an unacceptable experience at Woolworths Constantia store on the 1 January 2024.

My wife and I ordered two take-away Cappuccinos at the Woolworths coffee kiosk. We swiped our Woolworth Card in order to obtain the Woolworth’s Card discount and proceeded to pay for the Cappuccinos with our credit card.

For some reason the credit card machine could not complete the transaction. So as not to hold up anybody behind us in the queue, we tendered cash in settlement of the purchase. To our dismay, the cashier revoked our Woolworth’s Card discount and wanted the pre-discounted price as settlement for the two Cappuccinos. We objected and were informed that this was the Woolworths policy.

I have a problem with this and consider this discriminatory behaviour making people pay more than what is due simply because they tender cash in settlement of a transaction. I point out that cash is legal tender and as such Woolworths, as a retail institution, has no right to conduct this discriminatory pricing behaviour.

Hide full review

Is Woolworths South Africa legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Woolworths South Africa as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Woolworths South Africa stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Woolworths South Africa should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Woolworths South Africa earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Woolworths South Africa achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Woolworths South Africa. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Woolworths.co.za has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Woolworths South Africa website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Woolworths.co.za has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Woolworths South Africa has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 220 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Woolworths South Africa. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
S
7:57 am EST

Woolworths South Africa - Woolworths cash back voucher

MISS SMJ HAMILTON [protected] [protected]@gmail.com I received notification about a cash back promotion WOOLWORTHS FINANCIAL SERVICES were running dated 8 November - "spend R1750 on my card and receive R650 cash back to spend in-store". This promotion was a nightmare from start to finish. The store knew nothing about the promotion. I was kept waiting...

3:55 am EST

Woolworths South Africa Injury in Woolworths Grove Namibia

Good day, three years ago I slipped on yogurt spilled yogurt in Woolworths Grove, Windhoek Namibia. I almost broke my knee. A meter a way from the spilled yogurt was an employee busy packing the fridge. I pointed out the spilled yogurt to him. He just looked at me and continued with his work.

I was in so much pain, but continued my shopping, I went back to check if the spill was cleaned and it still wasn't. I informed the manager and told him I almost broke my knee. He just looked at me and continued what he was busy with.

I had to leave the store and go sit outside crying of pain.

No one came to me and checked if I was okay.

Till date Woolworths didnt even apologize to me or compensated me.

Thats how arrogant they are.

Desired outcome: I want woolworths to apologize to me, to compensate me, because it took two years for my knee to heal.

C
12:24 am EST

Woolworths South Africa Balconette bras

Google Morning,

I have always been able to find bras in my size at Woolworths for years, but yesterday I went to the Canal Walk store, and was told that Woolworths has discontinued their range of Balconette bras. I am an unfortunate 34DD, which is hard to find. Woolworths was great for bigger breast sizes and even has marketed doing DD+ sizes.

I can't understand, when I look at multiple shoppers around me with the same problem, of large breast sizes.

I am a size 10 and don't want to wear Boulder holders, so please can you bring back the sexier bras?

Claimed loss: None financially

Desired outcome: Sexier bra range for the average South African woman.

C
6:11 am EST

Woolworths South Africa Creamy spinach and honey butternut with a hint of cinnamon

We purchased this product from WW Hibiscus Mall yesterday 21 November 2023.

I purchase this product every week from the same shop and has been since it opened and prior to that from Shelley Beach.

I purchase from WW due to their high quality standards and freshness.

The sell by date is 23 Nov.2023.

The butternut was tasteless, half cooked. Not even the 2 minutes in the microwave improved it.

Please look into this. I will not be purchasing this product again until I have heard from you neither will my friends that had dinner with us last night.

Kind regards

Claimed loss: I am not complaining to get free product. WW is more expensive than other outlets. I am willing to pay for quality but then it must be TRUE QUALITY

Desired outcome: Get the recipe right and make sure it tastes delicious as in the past.

S
1:47 am EST

Woolworths South Africa Stance on Israel

Dear Woolworths Management

I am not Jewish; I belong to no religion. I think religion is probably the biggest threat to humankind.

I do however think your stance on Israel is disappointing. Most of the people supporting Hamas, and I mean that, Hamas. They say Palestine but its Hamas.

By bowing down to their demands, you have entered the political fray and taken sides I'm afraid.

I hope that your staff from the LGBTQ+ groups, Christians etc, don't mind you taking sides of terrorists that are completely intolerant of everyone who is non- Muslim. This is also extended to all Muslims not belonging to the Sunni sect.

You have bowed down to terrorists and their supporters.

I will not be shopping at Woolies anymore. I hope that your supporters of Hamas are as loyal to you as the rest of us were.

8:23 am EST

Woolworths South Africa Refund

On Tuesday 31st October 2023 I received a call from the lady by the name of Unathi i don't know her surname but she called from the number [protected]

She told me that Woolworths has a credit on my name of the amount of R680 that is due to me, I closed my Woolworths account 10 years ago. she took my banking details and told me that i should get the money within 5 working days and if money is not in i must call their helpline which when i called they told me they do not pick up anything on my name.

Please note that they called i did not know anything about money from them i want answers and i want that money promised to me by Unathi

Awaiting for you quick response

My email address mbewu.[protected]@gmail.com my ID no [protected] Phone [protected]

Claimed loss: R680

Desired outcome: Please resolve and assist

D
5:40 pm EDT

Woolworths South Africa Staff member named Roda Dramat.

On the 3rd of November, evening. Your staff member commented on a post by discriminating against the Hindu culture and how we should celebrate our auspicious days. This goes against the Bill of Rights as she is discriminating our culture, our beliefs and scriptures. Many people have an issue with this. We are currently reporting her to the SAHMS for religious intolerance.

We have no idea how Woolworths can employ such a person and allow a person to represent your company while causing havoc on a public platform by threatening people, fabricating stories and bullying people.

1:03 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Underwear

I did my underwear shopping the Saturday before at Sandton City…I’m very disappointed that one of the panties I wore for the first time yesterday is of bad quality and not expected from Woolies at all. The finishings are terrible…long strings of cotton from the lace at the vaginal cloth and the tag itself is literally hanging on by a thread. What I waste of money, if I wanted to buy a sub-standard item I would have went to a much cheaper store and gotten a pack of panties for the price of the one panty. You have lost your standards and will be loosing customers if you keep this up! One does not expect this from Woolies…fix it! See attached

Pics

Desired outcome: A response of how you going to fix this!

G
4:26 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Incorrect billing

Good day

Firstly, I was handed over for no reason I asked. So many people to get this sorted with no helped such a big organization that can't resolve this issue let me break this cycle how does the 20k ad up if I had payee for almost 5 years 1200.00 that is not making sense from 4k amount due jumped up to 20k please advise please give me proof of signed documents of 20k.

Please give me proof of the 20k

[protected]

Contacr no [protected]

Desired outcome: i need my account to be credited and what i owe i will pay.

1:48 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Woolworths credit card

Please note that I did not apply for a Woolworths Credit Card and nor do i have one. I am unemployed.

Please can this be removed with immediate effect as it is affecting my credit report.

I look forward to a speedy response on this matter as i have already reported it to Experian and the Ombudsman

Regards

Jo-Anne Linden

Cell: [protected]

Email: [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Please remove this credit card from my name as i do not have one.

A
10:35 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Rise cakes

We have been purchasing rice cakes from Woolworths for a number of years now & have had no issue's concerning the product, until over a year ago. I shop at the Soneike branch in Kuilsriver & I have mentioned it to a number of managers over the year plus regarding the non uniformity of the cake due to crumbling effect & disintegrating when applying a spread on the cake. But to date no action has been taken on their behalf concerning the complaint.

I have also noticed that there is possibly no quality checks applied concerning the product until a complaint is received which would be compatible with other stores that boast about their products.

Hopefully the problem will be addressed.

Regards,

Alfred O'Neill.

Z
5:19 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa - Settlement quote/letter request

Good day Kindly assist with below. I am owing woolworths store Account , Have been not well for months mentally and physically . I am trying get my life back on track . I have been requesting settlement letter from woolworths and I was told my account has been handed over to MBD , I contacted MBD several times even this morning I was speaking to them...

P
6:06 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Food

Good day.

I have brought a few items at woolworths food Glen marine Kempton park. Every thing was rotern I have send my complain fro. July until today no respond.

Can u please respond fund me by giving me a Boucheron or something I am do disa pointed .

They have given me a refence number

Ref: [protected]_[protected]

I don't have the receipt anymore.

Desired outcome: Disappointed no one cares . While I have spend soo much money, I love woolworths food. But this is disapointing.

R
9:56 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Woolworths service

Went into Woolworths Greenacres store.

Got the worst service ever.

Consultants standing chit chatting loudly while customers are made to wait for hours. It was really one of the worst experiences I've had going into a Woolworths store. I was made to wait for hours, sent from pillar to post just to open a new account.

The consultants behind the desk, was passing food around and laughing loudly whilst customers were waiting to be helped.

After spending nearly 4 hours in the centre, (after being told to come back in an hour) nothing was resolved.

The Woolworths I remember growing up with has now gone to the dogs.

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a response and an apology

T
5:51 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Service

I'm very much dissappointed with the services I got from Woolworths recoveries department. My woolworths credit card was handed over to debt collection company payment arrangement was done and paid up amount in errors and got a paid up letter. I have been sending my paid up letter to recoveries requesting for the account to be closed as its settled. First email I send was on the 31/07/2023 with no response I then send another email in the 03/08/2023 got a respond with incorrect details I was send information for customer Ms Lawrence while not Lawrence I'm Thulisile Mbhele which was very unprofessional till today I haven't got a solution regarding my account. I have send another email today 08/08/2033 after five days later with no respond. I want this matter resolved and account closed as this still reflect bad on my name. Can the matter be solved as soon as possible before I take further to Hello Peter.

Desired outcome: Account to be closed as account is paid up and settled.

Z
3:46 am EDT

Woolworths South Africa Taste Magazine

GM

My complaint is about the unavailability of taste magazine at ur Milner Road Store ( round 10/07/2023 and 29/07/2023 and Woolworth Waterfront (some time in June ,dnt recall exact date )

I have since lost 2 Vouchers

I’d like to be re compensated to the value by means if a voucher

Another two taste magazine vouchers would probably expire

Manager I spoke to at Milner Road was Amina

Kind regards

Zahida Dyason

ID [protected]

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Woolworths vouchers to the value of what was lost

12:37 pm EDT

Woolworths South Africa Blocking and closing of Woolworths account

Goodday

I wanted to make a purchase on my woolworths card, [protected], today, 27/7/2023, when I was notified by the cashier and customer services that my card has been blocked. When I requested the reason, I was informed telephonically by the collection department that I was handed over because my card was in arrears and that my account was closed after it has been settled.

I last used my card in 2021. I have not received ANY STATEMENTS for the past few years at either my postal/street address. On 8/6/2023 I received the following sms:

MEV C COETZEE , we are unable to deliver your Woolies account statement via email. Please reply with your correct e-mail address. Reply SMS is free of charge

I then send my email address and on 10 June 2023 I received a e-statement for the amount of R105.74, which I settled fully by 12/6/2023. I also received another e-statement again on 10 July 2023 with a R0 balance.

Furthermore was I not informed by Woolworths/creditors that I was handed over for collection or that my card was blocked and my account closed?

I am very unsatisfied about this unfair ordeal, as I am a fond buyer from Woolworths on a regular basis. I feel communication on Woolworth's side was poor and that I was left out in the dark about what was going on.

Cathy Coetzee

Desired outcome: I would like Woolworths to take into consideration that communication on its part was poor and that I should not be held responsible for it. I would like my account to be restored and my card to be unblocked.

Woolworths South Africa In-depth Review

Overview of Woolworths South Africa: Woolworths South Africa is a well-known and reputable retailer that offers a wide range of products to its customers. With a strong presence in the country, Woolworths is known for its high-quality products, excellent customer service, and commitment to sustainability and ethical practices.

Product Range and Quality: Woolworths South Africa offers a diverse range of products, including groceries, clothing, homeware, and beauty products. The quality of their products is consistently high, with a focus on sourcing sustainable and ethically produced items. Customers can expect to find a wide variety of options to suit their needs and preferences.

Pricing and Value for Money: While Woolworths South Africa may not always have the lowest prices, their products offer good value for money. The quality and reliability of their products justify the slightly higher price point, ensuring that customers get what they pay for.

Customer Service and Support: Woolworths South Africa prides itself on its excellent customer service and support. Their staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to assist customers with any queries or concerns. Whether it's in-store or online, customers can expect a positive and helpful experience.

Online Shopping Experience: Woolworths South Africa provides a seamless online shopping experience. Their website is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find products. The checkout process is smooth, and customers can choose from various delivery options. The website also offers helpful features such as product reviews and recommendations.

Delivery and Shipping: Woolworths South Africa offers reliable and efficient delivery services. Customers can choose between home delivery or collection from a nearby store. Delivery times are generally prompt, and the packaging is secure, ensuring that products arrive in good condition.

Return and Refund Policy: Woolworths South Africa has a fair and transparent return and refund policy. If customers are not satisfied with their purchase, they can return it within a specified period for a refund or exchange. The process is straightforward, and customer support is available to assist with any issues.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Woolworths South Africa offers a loyalty program called WRewards. Members can earn points on their purchases, which can be redeemed for discounts or exclusive offers. The program provides additional value to customers and encourages loyalty to the brand.

Sustainability and Ethical Practices: Woolworths South Africa is committed to sustainability and ethical practices. They prioritize sourcing products from suppliers who adhere to strict environmental and social standards. They also have initiatives in place to reduce waste, promote recycling, and support local communities.

Store Locations and Accessibility: Woolworths South Africa has a wide network of stores across the country, making it easily accessible to customers. Their stores are conveniently located in shopping centers and offer a pleasant and comfortable shopping environment.

Competitor Comparison: When compared to its competitors, Woolworths South Africa stands out for its product quality, customer service, and commitment to sustainability. While it may not always have the lowest prices, the overall shopping experience and value for money make it a preferred choice for many customers.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Woolworths South Africa deserves a high rating for its excellent product range, quality, and customer service. Their commitment to sustainability and ethical practices is commendable. Whether shopping in-store or online, Woolworths provides a positive and enjoyable experience. We highly recommend Woolworths South Africa to customers looking for quality products and a reliable shopping experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Woolworths South Africa contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Woolworths South Africa?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Woolworths South Africa Customer Service. Initial Woolworths South Africa complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Woolworths South Africa above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Woolworths South Africa. Discuss the issues you have had with Woolworths South Africa and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.