Sonic Drive Inbad experience

i am very disappointed with my visit at sonic in Norcross Ga on jimmy carter yesterday.
Me and my family had a really bad experience last night.This sonic has really bad customer service, first we waited like 10 min for somebody to take our order then we waited another 10 min to get our food this is a fast food restaurant i don't understand why they take so long?????? When finally a girl brought our food to our car she was in a bad mood and was very rude we ask her for some sauces for our chicken strips and popcorn chicken and she role her eyes at me she also took forever to bring our sauces and when we finally got them she wanted to charge us for them...
As far as i know the chicken automatically comes with a sauce i don't know why she was trying to charge us for it maybe because she wanted to keep it as a tip. I don't think that's the right way to make tips.. I always tip but this time i didn't because how i said she was very rude.
I really love y'all food and drinks but i will never return to this sonic again i do not wanna have another bad experience.
I guess im gonna have to go to the other sonic in norcross never been there before but imma have to go try that one.
I do not want to be contacted or anything im just doing this to let y'all know that this is not how you treat a customer.

• Fi
    Firegirl2 Nov 06, 2017

I visited Sonic on Leeds Al last night 11/5/2017. I ordered a banana split and. a Sonic blast. When the girl brought me my order my banana split was in a cup. When I got home all that was in the cup was strawberry ice cream and whip cream. The taste was so bad I couldn't eat it. The m&m in the sonic blast was so hard my fried could not eat them. It was like throwing away $8.45. I as the girl why was the banana split in a cup she told me that was the way they we serving them now. Her name was Caloline. I was in stall #5.

• Dh
    DHB Mar 23, 2013

A few SONIC notes (from a General Manager):
    1. Service expectations set forth by SONIC Corp are:
    a. Under 3.5 minutes to your car in a stall
    b. Under 3 minutes to your car in a drive-thru
    c. Your order should be taken via speaker in less than 10 seconds.
    2. The appropriate way to prepare food items is TO ORDER. This is not to say that base products are not kept prepared in appropriate quantities based on business levels. I.E. If you order a SONIC Cheeseburger with Mayo, no onion then this item is prepared with a fresh bun (toasted to order), dressed after you order, with a meat patty that is already prepared.
    3. Chicken should not be cooked after order in most locations as long as business is good. The chicken takes approximately 5 minutes to cook and would exceed the time limit if not pre-cooked and held.
    4. Holding food product is a common procedure in restaurants of all kinds, formal and quick-service, and provides a better quality product in most cases.

Bottom Line: 10 minutes to order plus 10 minutes to get food is WAY outside the acceptable limits. As I mentioned, you should be greeted within 7 seconds of pressing the button and be receiving food in about 4 minutes or less.

Side Note: Although our carhops do, in most cases, make tip wages tipping is NOT required or suggested. We ask that you tip your wait staff ONLY if you receive excellent service. Carhop tips are monitored daily in my drive-in and are used to determine the carhop's success in customer service excellence. Low tips correlates with bad service, etc.

Side Note 2: Most operators don't fish the Internet for feedback from customers. If the issue is pressing, I recommend calling 1-866-OK-SONIC or visiting www.sonicdrivein.com. Either way will deliver your feedback to the appropriate personnel equipped to resolve the issue.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Mar 07, 2013

I believe Sonic cooks the food after they receive the order so it is not, in the true sense of the word a "fast food" restaurant. They probably had to deep fry those fritters just for you.

I've never heard of someone going to Sonic for chicken thingees...you go there for the hamburges and at least in my experience, for hot dogs. Maybe it's a Southern thing.