Complaints & Reviews

Dripping in Sauce

Their food is usually dripping is sauce. Tonight I asked for a grilled chicken wrap without the ranch...

pay rate

I sorry i worked at the hell hole with a dyke who compained more than customers this isnt my complaint my issue is the pay rate for the car hops they bust their ### to take out orders on roller skates thats not fair cause half the cheap ### customers dont tip whats up is that i worked at pizza hut for 7.25 plus tips as a freaking driver so tell me whos being fair in role of suposed proud last of the drive ins kiss my redneck butt cause i got screwed working for the hell and still couldnt pay bills i was a fulltime cook working over 40 hrs a week and couldnt pay bills and the sad part of that all i was paying extra for was cigs and fuel for my car where this great pay and benefits up the corprate people ### driving exspensive vehicles and lughing atthe one that work for them so all you peopl who tell the others stop whining shut the hell up until you know the hell that goes on there stay quiet cause you are the reason im ###ing journalist and guess what i dont give damn about spelling

• Ju
    just for me and not for you Dec 07, 2010

I do have to agree with the young man. I am an assistant manager for a Sonic in Central Tennessee. I have been employed with SRI for 11 years and counting and only make $7.50 (.25 cents over minimum wage). The car-hops had their pay reduced to $3.19 at the beginning of the year and truthfully, it isn't fare. One, because they are busting their rear ends to get the food out in an ungodly amount of time... (3:30 Max) and Two, not all customers that come to the drive-in tip so the car-hops are not meeting the full minimum wage requirements set forth by the Dept of Labors FSLA. Also, Let me ask you a question, would you break your back and hustle trying to beat the clock if you were only making 3.19/hr.? SRI has always been crooked and conniving. Everybody from the GM's up to the New CEO Mr. Omar Juanan is money hungry. I have never seen a bonus in my life, even though I hear that I am eligible to receive them. On top of never receiving a raise or a bonus, the payroll office rarely gets my paychecks right and I only receive half of what is owed to me. Before you begin calling people stupid and accusing them of being angry at the world, remember that a complaint is a complaint and not all people communicate the same. I hope neither of you are managers, cause I would not have you on my team if that's how you handle complaints.

• El
    elizabeth a. Sep 12, 2012

i recently was hired on at the Chautauqua store in Norman OK and so was my friend bre. the night manager was very condescending and rude every night. i quit after a week. the operating manager gorge never called me back about a question regarding my pay for one of the nights i worked. i went in on pay day and my pay check wasn't there. the manager Rachel said she didn't know where it was and it depended on my last name for when the checks come. well my last name starts with an A. i should be the first one to get my check. my friends last name was a W and she only worked 3 hours and got her check. the reason she quit was because the manager Rachel said gorge doesn't train and i don't have the patience to. and left her all alone on the switchboard by herself she has never worked at sonic a day in her life!! but what really pisses me off is people depend on their check to pay bills and support their families! and i complained to corporate and they said it will take 24 to 48hrs to have someone call me back. well that's not going to pay my bills either. thanks for screwing your employees sonic! and your food isn't that great either. there are way too many choices on your menu. makes it way to complicated for the employee and the customer.

• Ol
    Oldsonicemployee Dec 29, 2012

I agree with the manager from central Tennessee. The car hops don't get paid enough to do what they do. I worked at the one in Knoxville, Tennessee and both Regina Weaver and Heather (Manager, & Assistant Manager) were both very rude to me. There is no reason to scream at a person for doing their job. But he's right they don't get paid anything. My checks were always under 250. Never have I gotten a check from them that was good. I left for the reason of the screaming. I have worked at 3 different sonics in my lifetime and I will never work at one again. The stores are nothing but a bunch of pot heads that don't know what their doing and have no customer service skills at all. The only one that I liked was On North Kentucky Street in Kingston Tennessee. They had the best employees and the best managers. But once again never will I work for another sonic.

• He
    Heather Keith Jun 06, 2017

I went and got hired at sonic in cleveland Oklahoma 74020 zip code and I got a virus witch would not let me work one day 24 hours is what doctor nurse said to me on the phone .that's the first thing since than the store is never ready for the next shift and always borrowing things from surrounding stores .two every time I would walk a Mike and be there early the manager would send me home . I wanted the job to pay my Bill's because no one else will. I don't care about how Heather or who ever runs that store but I have called so many times that when they see it's my number it like I'm dealing with children they do not answer. I just want my last check posted as soon as I can have it .due to this I do have it where I can price everything in this complaint. I would work for sonic again but not corpate if this is how it's run.

carhops

I'm sick of hearing complaints about carhops asking if the customer wants change. These people work for $3.50 an hour ever since SONIC decided they couldn't afford to pay servers. Someone said they won't tip for a carhop to walk 10 feet to deliver them food. Well, why don't you get off your fat ### and walk for it yourself, you lazy loser?!? I worked for Sonic when they still paid minimum wage, and we were always surprised to get tips. Now, these people depend on it, because SONIC CORP. if sofa king cheap!!! For any of you carhops that read this, I STRONGLY recommend that you start bringing your own bottles of "WATER" to work and carrying them on you. When you can tell that someone's not going to tip you, and I know that you can tell...Pour the "WATER" in their food. Just make sure you piss in the bottle first!!!

You fat, lazy idiots!!! Get out of your air conditioned car and WALK to get some food. I swear that EVERYONE in this country is too obese to be allowed to live!!!

2 words "plain wrong"

I've worked for this location for almost 2 years now. This store has'nt been ranned right since...

the way he was dressed

Dear sirs, on Friday June 11, 2010, at approximately 8:40 P.M., Ihad the privledge of stopping and...

horrible service

I went to my local Sonic here in Mocksville, NC today. It used to be a hell of a good restuarant, with great service and a good manager. On several occasions he came out and sat with me and my children on the patio area and chatted with us while we ate. He even came out and gave my kids some free ice cream cones one day for being regular customers.

I have been back several times since he left, all with horrid results. I understand a new manager has to take time to get new people in and trained up, etc etc...but this is rediculous. I don't see how they get by a health inspection.

Every time I pull up, the trash cans are overflowing, there is some kind of residue on the menus, and spiderwebs on all of the menus. The dumpster area is always wide open and you can smell the stench of rotten food from your car. The new manager has apparently fired all of the previous staff because I now see no familier faces. Instead of my usual polite and friendly server, I am met either with a clearly drugged up homosexual male on skates, or a girl that looks like she just got done doing something naughty in the bathroom.

Every time I order, it takes almost 20 minutes to get my order. I remember on one occasion the previous manager had my order done and at my vehicle BEFORE they got done talking to me. I didn't even know I was done ordering by the time it was there. Now, I order ONE drink. ONE. And it takes 20 minutes. Rediculous.

But back to todays event. I pull up and notice 3 employees sitting behind the building. At first I thought they were taking a smoke break. Then I smelled it. Like a fog, the dense smell of marijuana rolled into my window. I ignored this, as I honestly didn't know what to do about the situation and pulled into a parking spot near the front of the building. We now eat in our car, as the tables on the patio are always covered in gum, ketchup, etc.

I press the button to order my food, and I get no response. Figuring the button is broken, I move to a different stall. Trying again, and once again no response. At this point I get out of my car and go inside the front doors. There is nobody there. NOBODY. I say "Excuse me!" several times, with no response. Finally I got aggravated and left. As I pulled out, I saw the same three employees, one of which was wearing an embroidered shirt (I can only assume she is the new manager) finishing up their "smoke" break. One of them was talking to someone parked near the back of the building, so I am assuming they are selling what they are smoking.

Needless to say, I WILL NOT be back to this restuarant. EVER. And I hope this complaint makes it to every other person in my county. And if the old manager ever reads this, I want him to know I appreciate his hard work and great customer service. Any business would be lucky to have him.

@BlackIrishTeen

Wow, you found one incorrectly spelled word in my entire post. Congratulations, perhaps you should get a job as a spellchecker. Oh wait, computers do that for you...which is probably the only reason you got as far as you have in school. Unfortunately for you, computers do not check grammer. So let me fix your errors for you. "You are setting a bad example *(FOR)* your children.**(Two spaces)** People are entitled to breaks. I feel sorry for your children. **(In addition)****(, )** **(it would be in my opinion that)** your children know how to spell "ridiculous"**(.)****(Two spaces)**Why did you not ask them to check your **(complaint)** for spelling **(errors)**.

As you can see, in your short four lines of text, you made nine grammatical errors. Compare this to my one error (which could have easily been avoided should I feel the need to use a computer to supplement my own intelligence) in forty five lines of text. Rationally, any intelligent human being would be able to see who the more well educated person here is. Keep your ignorant teenage wisdom to yourself, and the world will be a better place.

sonicusedtorock Jun 03, 2010

Ok. We can continue this drama for all time if you wish, but I will not be outspoken. So far I am ignoring your "bad, ungrateful mother" crap because it has no bearing whatsoever on my initial complaint. I will however be happy to further assist you in your grammer faults.

"You are a bad ungrateful mother.**(two spaces)****(Too)** bad your children are learning from you. People are entitled to breaks **(remove "you know")**. What a horrible household you must have. I bet your children are ashamed of you. **(remove "Also Stupid, )** I posted "letter" instead of complaint, and **(remove "idiot") this is a letter.**(two spaces)** You are not a very smart person are you**(?)**

In response to the above post, People are entitled to breaks in the event they work more than 4 hours in my home state. However, marijuana is not legal, nor is it decriminalized in my state for medical use. Therefor, the employees are breaking the law.

I am aware that you posted "letter" instead of complaint, and I corrected your error. The very URL of this site is complaintsboard.com. A letter is written to an individual, or multiple individuals that are named in a "CC" format. This complaint was not directed at an individual person, therefor it is not a letter. As far as my personal intelligence, I am afraid you are mistaken. I have an IQ of 164, which is Mensa level (assuming you even know what that is without googling it). I also attending VPI for a period of 6 years and graduated with a Master's Degree in business management. Should we correct your second post?

That two spaces thing is outd**(a)**ted**(, )** so you just made yourself look like an ###. One who can neither spell nor read. B**(remove space)**ut I guess you were raised to be an ###, and are raising your children the same.

I don't know at which point in your teenage life you decided to re-write the rules of proper grammer, but the "two spaces" thing is not outdated. It is proper. The only person who looks like an ### here is you. I will raise my children as I see fit. Apparently your parents didn't do too good of a job themselves.

sonicusedtorock Jun 03, 2010

I will admit that I would like to come to Finlayson, Minnesota and whip your tail like the ignorant brat that you are. I hope for your sake that you have your identity and your computer IP well protected. Otherwise, your life is about to get a lot less enjoyable.

sonicusedtorock Jun 03, 2010

Another instance of your teenage wisdom.

#1 A sixth grader noticed before you that I am not a woman.
    #2 You are unable to file charges against an adult, your guardians would have to do that for you.

And I would love to see you defend yourself. Luckily for you I live about 2, 000 miles away from you. However, the internet has no care for distance and I am intelligent enough to find out everything about you and completely destroy your life as you know it. You are not old enough yet to understand the importance of credit, or your identity. You also have not discovered how brutally your home computer can be mauled with the correct information in hand. Keep running your mouth.

• ScamBusters96 Jun 03, 2010

Most certified typing tests require two spaces after punctuation. That being said Irish never has anything worthwhile to contribute to this site so pay her no mind. She only offers juvenile responses that include how bad of a mother a person is or that they are merely a disgruntled worker. Zachary is correct she will be banned again.

I am not certain how I am missing that this is in letter form. It is not addressed to any specific person, nor does it include the usual closing that a letter would include. Thankfully this complaint includes actual paragraphs thereby making it easy to read compared to many of the other complaints that go on and on without any break in supporting information.

P.S. He said his I.Q. is 164, not 162.

jamie00111 Oct 13, 2010

this guy is just stupid... really you smell pot but dont call cops huh..? stupid
    if you dont like it dont go back but dont lie about peopel!

roach infested sandwich

We ordered a chicken club sandwich and found a cockroach in it, unfortunately my wife had partially eaten it before discovery. The supposed owner of this franchise (Jim Baird) was rude and verbally abusive when contacted. Please avoid the Sonic at 306 W. Covell in Edmond, OK. Cleanliness is obviously an issue with this Sonic.

• De
    Denise Painter Aug 11, 2010

Sometimes you aren't in a position to go back to the restaurant, even under the worst of conditions. I once ordered two burgers and a soda at another fast food franchise after leaving a doctor's office across town from my employer. I get back to work, hit my desk, open my bag to find that both sandwiches had cheese which I had emphasized I did not want not once but twice (I am lactose intolerant) and my soda was supposed to be diet but was regular (I have diabetic issues as well). So, in essence, I had no lunch and was out over $5.00. I also couldn't leave work to travel 20 minutes back across town. When I called the restaurant, they asked that I bring everything back and they would make it right. When I explained the situation, they told me they didn't give credits or rain checks. I was so very tempted to take the food out, leave it in my hot car in the sun then take it back that evening but it wasn't worth the effort or spite...instead I told all of my friends, changed my facebook status for a day to recommend avoiding that restaurant, and twittered it to everyone on my list. Within six months the local franchise of that chain was completely closed. As a former restaurant manager I realize that everyone makes mistakes, but no matter where you work it is your job to give the customer what they have purchased, with reasonable expectations of cleanliness and appropriate temperature. If you don't you aren't doing your job and you don't need to be in it. Just my two cents.

treat customer bad

One night and the first night I had been to sonic I was there with my boyfriend we were talking and talking for a long time that we forgot to order something and they closed well we thaought that it was ok for us to stay there but next thing u no the manager called the cops on us it was a very bad experience that will be the last time I ever go to Sonic.

unprofesssinal staff

I was hired on at Sonic as a fountain person. When I arrived I was not trained on anything and the guy that was supposed to be training me was very unprofessional. He was using profanity the whole time and everything he was trying to explain to me was wrong. I was not even trained and he expected me to get everything the first time. He was very rude. He started throwing things and this was my first night on the job and he expected me to already know the job without even having Sonic experience. I never experienced nothing like this. Also other empolyees that work there were very bossy and rude with no respect. I was put ont he schedule only two nights a weeek and those nights made to go home after only being there two hours. I called in sick one day and was fired because the rude manager said I only work two nights a week which was not my fault and I am not dependable. This action was unacceptable because you do not fire a person for being sick. I will report her to the Dept. of Labor. Also the manager needs to be terminated.

• Th
    thepalletboss Jun 21, 2010

Sonic has a corporate complaint line. It is 1-866-657-6642. Please be sure to call this number if you want your voice to be heard. If they hear from all of us, they may change their policies.

• Su
    Surething318 Aug 02, 2011

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I was fired after 2 months of working there because " I didn't have the right personality for the job and wasn't catching on fast enough" I was never trained and only learned how to do drive thru. I really hope all sonics aren't managed this way. They only make up things to fire you just because they don't like you.

promotion down the drain

I am currently employed with this ridiculous ### company! Reason why i'm still here is because i'm...

Scalding Hot Coffee

I am a chronic coffee drinker who enjoys several cups of coffee daily. Over the years, I have drank all kinds of coffee, and I have spilled a lot of coffee. Today however, while in-town for a doctor appt, I decided to stop at Sonic in Lawrence, KS to order breakfast & a coffee. While transferring the coffee from the foam cup to my insulated mug, some of the coffee spilled over top of my hand, & in I practically jumped out of my seat, it was so hot. My hand turned flaming red & felt like it was on fire. The pain was excruciating. When I got home, I immediately applied aloe gel & an ice pack. I had to keep the ice pack on & off for 5hrs until the burning finally calmed down. I am now left with at least a 1st degree burn over the entire back of my hand & several fingers. I am furious that Sonic could allow it's coffee to be served so hot. After thinking back, I can remember on one other occasion when I visitied the same Sonic & could not drink my coffee for 20 min, because it was too hot & singed the tip of my tongue. Coming from someone who enjoys hot beverages, & can drink freshly poured from the pot coffee, that is pretty bad. There is no reason whatsoever, that any restaurant should serve consumers hot drinks that are 1 degree shy of boiling.

• Gr
    GreenLoving Apr 28, 2011

Are you serious?? The last time I checked the coffee was supposed to be really hot
    Plus they cant control it anyway. We have a machine where all we do is press a button and it comes out.
    They cant help how "hot" it is =/ Do what most people do when they get coffee, blow and let it cool off before drinking.

• Ed
    Ed_7m May 04, 2011

common sense is now uncommon sense.

anyone with a complaint

This is a simple solution to your complaints regarding Sonic Drive-In's across America. If you experience a problem, simply call 1800-OKSONIC. The customer service representatives will resolve your issue and send a trouble ticket to the affected store and the store franchisee. If problems are not resolved at a store, the store can be stripped of franchisee rights and be forbidden to open.

Thank you for reading.

• Ca
    cathe watson Jul 06, 2010

after calling in a complaint about being charged for extra flavorings and not receiving them (happened on more than one occasion), i decided to try again...it was 2:15p.m. during happy hour...again it happened...i opened the lid to check and i did not see the extra flavoring of extra lime and extra strawberries in my strawberry limeade... the drink tasted watered down...when i asked the lady at the window - operator #3 if the flavorings were added, she called back and asked someone and they assured her they were put in...the drink actually tastes like someone left some of their drink and just filled the rest up with ice and water...this happened on shift: c and the tkt# is 0166...the phone number listed on my ticket is 706-321-8727 and it is to a fax machine...the store #is 3507 and is located on manchester expressway in columbus, ga...it is sad that a business with a product as tasty as the properly made strawberry limeade would not care to make it the best they can...cathe watson, 1121 30th street, columbus, ga 31904...phone number is 706-5073711

• Dh
    DHB Oct 08, 2011

The number is actually 1-866-OK-SONIC. The information provided about the hotline is mostly true with one huge exception. Priority complaints, as we call them, have no bearing whatsoever on the franchise agreement between the owner and Sonic Corp. Franchise rights cannot be stripped because of priority complaints, only for such things that fall into the category of failure to operate in accordance to the franchise agreement. This includes issues such as not ordering the correct food from the correct place, unsanitary work practices, or failure to pay royalties. Please don't go blasting anyone with complaints and threaten to have their franchise rights revoked. The partner will most likely laugh at you when you say this.

• Am
    Amber89 Jun 17, 2014

I was told that they wasn't going to give me my last pay check until real late but they would be closed when I would be able to get it. They pay you at really horrible times especially the sonic ion Zero St in Fort Smith, AR.

don't work for this horrible company

I have Worked for this company for 3 years & never got 1 raise. they don't give 10 min. payed breaks. [under california laws it is required] the Manager Vanessa & General Manager Dago are HORRIBLE to work with. I don't close & Vanessa waited till 9 mins. after my shift to tell me what else I needed to do never taking in the fact i was not use to closing [or say thank you for taking care of the new girl]. she cussed & yelled at me I Even found a packet of Ketcup in my skate the next day. [compliaments of Vanessa] & she had wrote a nasty note in tha locker room for me & everyone else to see. NEVER waste your money at a horrible fast food place that can barely pass health expection regulations.

• Mc
    MC2X Mar 30, 2010

I agree I worked at sonic in Slidell LA for 3 mos right when i turned 16 years old. Horrible management, hourly wages were way too low for the bs a worker deals with . i was fired for missing a meeting then i slammed the business to the ground they showed favoritism to other workers, made me work off the clock, and made fun of me just cause my music preference was metal. I was rehired because i almost had 6 managers fired.I ended up quitting the next day (basically giving them a huge middle finger)had a new job that paid $3 more an hr. I refuse to ever buy any sonic products, they can rot in hell for all i care. If you decide to work fast food i highly recommend Burger King. MCD not to much but is way better than the sloppy management at sonic. I no longer work fast food but i defend this person's complaint. I' m using sonic as a bad company example in my college business class.

• Ba
    BadSonicBAD Jun 13, 2010

AAAWW!!! I'm sorry ya had to go thru that! I'm still waiting for HR to call me back or email me or something!! But they're ignoring me. Also my GM and Co-manager are making it impossible to work for them!! If someone is hiring out there, i would've taken that job. Unfortunatly, who wants to hire a 6 month preg girl?? So i gotta wait till my son's born, but the prob is, i'll lose my house before then. :-(

product

I went to sonic today, wanting to get a sonic blast with extra Reese's and a strawberry milkshake for my mother. A few minutes laterm the carhop arrives at my car with a strawberry milkshake filled to the rim, and my sonic blast with Reese's and whipped cream on top. If you have ever gotten one of these, you know that the blast usually comes up above the rim of the cup into the clear top. Not today! Today my blast was double cupped and was only half way full- even with the whipped cream on top. I pressed the order button again, but instead of ordering another rip off item, I asked them if there was some reason why my blast was half-way filled with ice cream. She said they would have someone right out. I told them to forget it. I wanted them to know of their mistake, but I didn't want spit in my food. I mean, c'mon, if they wanted to save money, they could stop putting an empty cup under everything I order and GIVE ME MY ICE CREAM!!! argh!

annanicole Apr 07, 2010

First of all, you are absolutely correct in the fact that your shake should not have been double cupped. There are signs posted and they told us in training to NEVER double cup an order. Throw it away and start again.

However, it sounds to me like the manager tried to remedy the problem that he/she was not responsible for and you not only refused the service but were rude. Believe it or not, not everyone who makes crap wages spits in people's food. I have had to take my order back to McDonald's several times because of mistakes. I am always polite and the problem is always fixed. I'm sure the situation would be remedied if you would take a step back and realize that these people barely make minimum wage. They don't get paid enough to deal with people like you.

• Gr
    GreenLoving Apr 28, 2011

Honestly most people joke about messing with peoples food but never do anything about it. Worst thing we ever did was write mean words with mustard or mayo on their burgers.
    But i agree with the person above. You shouldnt have gotten so mad and calmly asked for it to be fixed
    They could have had a new worker who messed up cause beleive it or not ive had a girl barly fill up a blast and she had no idea why i was getting mad at her.

missing food in order

I went to sonic with my family and we ordered
1 jr dlx hamburger 1.00
1 wp bgr 2.99
1 mozz stk 2.79
1wp dt coke 0.00
1sm dt coke 1.00
1 pc marinnara 0.00

I did not get my marinnara sauce, and when I got my hambuger there was not a buger.

Never again will I ever order from any sonic!!!

Thank you!

• Gh
    GHADA Feb 06, 2010

it is time somebody stands up to them

• Pi
    pippinpopper Feb 07, 2010

WHAT?????????no spittle (OR OTHER FOREIGN SUBSTANCES! ) IN THE "SPECIAL SAUCE"??NO HOOTCH FOR SALE WITH THE "KARMA-BURGER"SHEEEESH- I WOULDN'T GO THERE---PROBABLY GET MUGGED BY A RABID SQUIRREL!!!

service

i arrived at sonic at 1:45 pm on 01/31/2010.When i placed my order i new that happy had not started, but i...

labor/hours/pay

A loved one who suffers health problems is paid about $3/hour by this company and was just put to work on 3 12-hour shifts. This company is exploitive.

• Ex
    Expect Respect Sep 07, 2013

9-6-2013
    8:06 pm
    Sonic Prien Lake Rd Lake Charles LA
    Sonic Ryan Street Lake Charles LA

Parked my car and got my order together - pushed button - male came on intercom said something I couldn't understand ending with for our carhops safety. Pushed button again - same voice exact same message - suppose it was a recording - only understood for our carhops safety. I began to feel unsafe, and quite irritated. Pressed the button one more time thinking a human being might actually speak to me - not so. I left, drove to Sonic on Ryan St. in Lake Charles, LA parked - pushed button - remarkable but I was able to place my order. Before the carhop arrived I saw three more cars pull in past me park push button and intercom voice said something about driving around for carhops safety. When my order came I asked the girl if they were getting mugged or what. She was baffled. I said the cars have to drive around they can't place their orders at these boxes. Yeah she said, it hasn't happened to me but sometimes men are in these cars and try to get money from the carhops and you know they are just a lot bigger than us. I said then why doesn't Sonic turn the lights off to the boxes that they don't want you to order from That way Sonic is taking responsibility for their customers and their employees. I don't know she said. Took my money, never offering any change which has become the usual at Sonic these days. This is unnerving to me, if it is an unsafe condition for their carhops that are only there for 1 minute how safe am I sitting there waiting for my order and possibly eating there taking 10 or 15 minutes. Really Sonic can't you do better than that. There are any number of ways you could remedy this problem other than frustrating your customer and putting the responsibility on them.

Jasmine G Jun 07, 2015

I worked for sonic in spring tx off of louetta near Klein high school. I was never given my last pay check. When I went to get it I was told I had to wait on a manager to give it to me . So I called to find out when the manager would be on duty and was given the run around. Every time I went I was told some thing new. Until the last time I was told oh it was mailed to you . It's Been two weeks, since the check is in the mail. still no paycheck. They just ripped me off...

harrassment/slander

My daughter was an employee there until vicious rumors were started about her and me by other employees, one being a shift manager. The shift manager should've acted in a professional manner, instead went and told everyone there I did drugs, among other things, when she wouldn't even submit to a drug test when she was injured on the job, knowing she would fail it. Things happen like this all of the time here because it's a small town and no one wants to speak up. I'm turning this over to my attorney and I'm going to let them handle it because the rumors they started about my daughter cost her her best friend because it got back to her parents.

rules

the new manger has set alot of rules about the women have to wear the sonic hair bows or what ever they are called and has rules like that if you dont come in with a smile that you cant work and you have to wear a bealt not all people like to wear belts and that the girls have to have their hair pulled back and the girls should not have to do that he has set alot of new rules that are not manditory buy sonic and something needs to be done about this

• De
    deniland2000 Sep 07, 2010

the other rules are dumb but you should have your hair pulled back you are serving people food

• Fl
    FlyAway May 17, 2011

I'm not too sure about the ribbons rule, but the other rules are pretty standard as far a Sonic goes. If you come in with a bad attitude most of the time you will get sent home, since it's bad for buisness. It is a Sonic rule that employees have to wear a belt, though most managers will overlook this rule for girls since they have to wear their apron. And tying your hair back is standard health code, if your hair gets in someone's food they will freak out. The ribbons rule does seem very weird though.

Foodborne Illness

I became very sick after eating at Sonic in Destin, FL. My stomach kept expanding and over a 2.5 hour period which resulted in vomitting, chills, fever, and diahrea through the night. My Fever lasted through the next day. Makes me wonder if my food wasn't puposely contaminated.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices