Having problems with Sixt?

Sixt reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 1, 2008. The latest review Fraud was posted on May 26, 2021. The latest complaint reembolso reserva cancelada was resolved on Apr 04, 2017. Sixt has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 219 reviews. Sixt has resolved 42 complaints.

Sixt Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 749 8227 (United States)
+44 844 248 6620 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 352 030 (Ireland)
+43 810 977 424 (Austria)
+32 70 225 800 (Belgium)
+420 222 324 995 (Czech Republic)
+45 32 481 100 (Denmark)
+39 665 2111 (Italy)
+31 235 698 656 (Netherlands)
+351 217 998 701 (Portugal)
+40 372 372 005 (Romania)
+41 848 884 444 (Switzerland)
+973 17 711 770 (Bahrain)
+966 12 197 171 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 239 566 (Singapore)
+27 112 309 990 (South Africa)
+82 234 520 001 (South Korea)
+94 112 870 870 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 932 300 (Thailand)
+54 114 815 2223 (Argentina)
+59 829 032 267 (Uruguay)
Zugspitzstraße 1

145 Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti, 1 Bucharest, 013686 Romania

Russia
Leninskij prospect, 113/1, office 706C, 117198 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Calle del Canal de Sant Jordi 29, Local 2, Poligono son Oms, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

Sweden

Cumhuriyet Bulvari № 141a, 35220 Alsancak, Izmir - Turkey

Bahrain
P.O. Box 75104 Manama - Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain

China
Room 2316, Jiaxin Building, Jinsha Road № 92, Jinping District, 515041, Shantou, PR China

India
Kochuveedu, H. №AMC/13/680, Chandanakkavu, Pazhaveedu, Alappuzha Dist - 688009, Kerala State, India

Qatar

Peru

Av. La Paz Nro. 745 Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru

Uruguay
Mercedes 1422 Bis, 11200, Montevideo, Uruguay

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sixt Customer Service. Initial Sixt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sixt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sixt. Discuss the issues you have had with Sixt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sixt Complaints & Reviews

Sixtcar, experience

I arrived at Detroit Metro Airport on Labor Day, 2015. After flying all day I was in no mood for problems. I had never heard of SIXT and didn't know what to expect. The shuttle bus dropped me off at the property and upon walking into the place of business a guy greeted me at the door with a bottle of water. I was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes with a top-of-the-line Cadillac with no haggling, no muss, no fuss. They charged exactly what they said and did exactly what they said. They exceeded my expectations!

Sixt — scratched rental car scam

Like many others who have expressed their indignation on the internet, I fell victim of the Sixt...

Vienna

Sixt — deceptive advertising

Rented from SixT via Priceline for pickup at Seattle/Tacoma (SeaTac) for a four-day rental. The SixT ad and...

Sixt Car Rentalsixt car rental - I do not trust. I was wrong

To those interested, I had a big problem with Sixt Rental (rent a car Sixt)
    Whenever I travel to the US, at least twice a year. At least 15 days during each stay.
    The last time was in May / 15 and unfortunately forgot my iphone 6 in the back seat of the car.
    After some contacts, I was informed that the iPhone 6 was found and would be returned in my address, but I received another phone.
    There are several e-mails and detailed about the forgotten item in the car (iPhone 6 - silver), including confirmation that they had found.
    It now remains only a few chances, making me believe in bad faith company / employees.
    I do not believe! At one point confirm the appearance of Iphone6 and now say they were wrong. (I have e-mails and recordings of phone calls)
    I not recommend, do not trust, and I hope this does not happen to anyone again.
    I had the misfortune of leaving my cell phone, but could be any other thing of value or not.
    Stay tuned.
    Best regards,

Sixt Car Rental Hr Deptage discrimination

I applied for a job via web-site, I was told to contact ELISA at HR because she was the recruiter for the Charlotte area..In doing so she pulled up my application, she seemed to have a short non-friendly, caring sort of attitude, like she was doing me a favor.Elise stated she would forward my application over to the district manager which I can assure you SHE DID NOT...I followed up with Elise anyway a week later just to hear her tell me she did forward it, Elise thought she put me on hold while she pulled up my application and I heard her say "This Lady Is Too Old For This Job".How dare she first of all lie to me, , , then second of all make such a comment..Who does this young lady think she is to discriminate against me..or anyone else for that matter.

• Gi
          giovanni111 Jul 10, 2015

you should record the conversation and send it to eeoc or any other enforcement unit, there is zero tolerance when it come to disparate impact involving race, gender, religion, national origin, and age, that`s why big companies hire highly experienced recruiters .
          good luck

anonymous3324 Jul 09, 2015

you should record the conversation and complain to the eeoc or any other boards.yeah it`s zero tolerance when it come to disparate treatment violation involving race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, reason why big companies have highly experienced recruiters
          good luck

Sixt Rental Car Seattledeposit for gas program

I do not rent cars often and I had prepaid thru HOT WIRE for the rental. When I picked it up(expected as advertised Chevy Impala or Ford Fusion) rec'd Toyota Camry. I was offered a gas program at 2.41 per gallon at a cost of 50.00 which I thought was a deposit to cover the cost of the gas which would be adjusted based on how much gas was needed to fill the tank at the time I turn it in. I had the car for a week. To my surprise they charge the $50.00 regardless of the amount of gas it takes to fill the tank. It could not have taken more than 4 gallons at 2.41 which comes to about 10.00. That just goes into my book of as an agency to avoid and an option to deny on my next rental. LESSON learned.

Sixt / Car Rentaldecline of damage

We rented a VW Polo car of Sixt-Copenhagen airport from 01.04.2015 to 08.04.2015. When I returned the car, one slight damage (a dent next to the front passenger side-without any painting damage) was recognized by their employee which is really difficult to see with normal eyes. During the rental period, I had no accident or any shock with anything, so I am really sure that this damage is already there when I rented their car, but I did not claim that before taking the car. In consequence, I received a bill of 2606 DKK for this damage.
          The best lesson to learn : Never rent a car from Sixt.

I hope this article will be helpful.

decline of damage

Sixt — fraud from sixt workers

Never rent a car with sixt in europe. I rented opel astra with sixt for 10 days in november. I paid 309 euro...

Stuttgart

Sixt12 hour rescheduling means price will be raised by 3 times

I have booked a Chevrolet SRX from the 26th of December 2015 to the 2nd January 2016 - because I have
            booked early I got a really fine deal: Only $ 360 for this period. Now I tried to reschedule the pickup time from
            the 26th of December 12:00 noon to the 25th of December 10:00pm.

And now the funny thing: Rescheduling the pickup time means the contract will be remade and now the price
            is not $ 360 but $ 1350!

It would be understandable if the price will rise for the one day, but for the whole period?

Poor Customer Care!

Sixtfraudulent damage charge

I am someone who hardly ever writes a review, but in this case I feel like I have an obligation to warn others. I also hope that this review reaches enough people so that SixT receives enough in lost sales to account for the money the are basically stealing out of my pocket.

I was impressed by the company's car selection and prices. They seemed more than reasonable and the car selection was much better than other companies. I had never used SixT before and decided to give them a try during a recent trip to California to attend a family wedding. I travel for business so I rent cars from all over the country and I've never had an experience like this. I wish I would have read reviews because now that I look I see that others have had similar experiences to mine.

So, we rented a small SUV in Los Angeles last September for four days. We were visiting family so we hardly used the car at all. When we returned the vehicle, they did a quick inspection, found no damage, and we left the facility. TWO AND A HALF MONTHS LATER in late November I get an email from them showing a picture of a flat tire and stating that we returned the car with a flat tire and we owe them $250. WHAT?!?! First of all, the tire wasn't flat when we dropped off the car. Not only would we have noticed a flat tire but the guy who did the inspection would have noticed. Secondly, why would they wait so long to contact us if there really was damage caused during our use? They allegedly took a picture of the flat tire back in early September so how come I didn't get the demand from them until late November?

So what can I do? They say that they are going to hand the claim over to a collections agent who will then cause me more grief and ultimately I'll end up having to pay because it's not enough money to deal with the aggravation plus it would cost more to fight it than the claim is worth.

After reading other reviews, my experience seems to be typical with this company. Take the old cliché to heart -- there is no such thing as a free lunch. Well, for SixT, they may entice you with low rates but in the end they will get your money. It's a horrible business model in my humble opinion, but at this point all I can do is learn my lesson, never use them again, and warn as many people as possible.

Take care.

Sixtoutrageous damage claims

I'm a US expat, working in the Netherlands. In 2013, I rented a car from Sixt-Amsterdam for 12 months (had to change it a few times, per their rules). I paid them over 13K euros during this period. When I returned one of the cars, they said that I had to pay 500 euros damage because there were scuffs on the bumper. They claim that I signed a form saying I took responsibility for the damage, and I absolutely did not. They sent photos of the scuffs, and there are indeed scuffs. I dispute that I caused the scuffs and that 500 euros is a reasonable damage claim for a scuffed bumper. I have had many email communications with Sixt on this, and they have likely sent this to a collections agency. On another occasion in 2013, I was told that a stone had nicked the hood and I would have to pay for that as well, but I never received paperwork on that. I believe that Sixt uses these outrageous damage claims as an additional revenue stream. Be careful with Sixt . . .

Sixt Rentalour car rental issue

We were very very disappointed with Sixt. We made the reservations on line, went all the way to the Tocuman airport from Gorgona to get our rental car and was told by the young lady at the Sixt desk that our car was not there and they did not have another one for us???? She then took us over to Express rental desk and we had to pay almost $200.00 more for a car from them.
                  We will not be using your services again and I will not be recommending Sixt to anyone. Very very disappointed.

Terri and Robert Galloway

Sixtmiles never credited

I rented a car at SIXT, based on my mileage program (TAP-VICTORIA) information. I prepaid the car. However, without my agreement, they charged the value a second time, based on my signature on rental agreement, where (what a coincidence) my original credit card number was not mentioned). I had to fight 1 month to be refunded. As a revenge, 6 months later they have not yet credited the miles I am entitled to. A company to be avoided, reading all the complaints here.

Sixt Car Rental In Slovenia — over charging for normal wear and tear

On October 14th I rented a car from Sixt car rental at the Ljubljana train station. The clerk at the counter...

Sixt Rental Car — additional billing from original receipt

I have attached 3 images that the the level of the overcharging. The initial reservation states the...

Sixt Car Rentalcounter racial profiling

I have been renting vehicles for many years. I work for a federal agency that keeps me in the field over 300 days a year. I do not own a vehicle, and instead I will rent if I need one. I am also a Hilton Honor Diamond member and I carry two major credit cards. Each of my cards included collision rental for rental vehicles. Using my Hilton Honor discount, I decided to use SixT for the first time on a one week rental. I made my reservation online in conjunction with Hilton Honors. When I reached the counter, the woman asked if I had a reservation and I responded yes handing over my licsence and credit card. Then the drama started. She has my license and card but she is telling me she can not find a reservation. I have been around long enough to know that this is a deceptive tactic. So I gave her the reservation number. A man is sitting next to her who seem to be with another company because there is a different sign hanging over him, but who really knows? I re-emphasize that I have reservation. Then she proceeds and about this time I know she is up to something because she is not very smart to cover her tracks. She ask me for my insurance company and I respond that in my reservation I purchased the package which includes the insurance. She goes into this dooms day scenario about what will happen if something happens. She tells me she don't see it and the man looks in his computer and tells her it is included but she keeps pressing me for my insurance. I tell her that it is included in my credit card. Then she gets stupid and displays the poorest counter manners you could imagine. She ignore me and turn to the man as if to say "can you believe this". This woman probably could not even qualify for my credit card and is now displaying her pure ignorance. I should have walked. Next she put a form in front of me and asked me to sign it. I responded that I am not signing anything until she tell me what I am signing. She snaps at me and responds that "I'm not finish!", and I respond that she needs to explain before asking me to sign. Then she punish me, the customer, by removing a set of keys from a slew of keys and telling me she is giving a car with scratches. My blood is boiling. Then she has the nerve o tell me that she will be taking more than the rental cost for this compact from my credit card. That was it with this hostile person. I took my credit card and license and walked several feet to Avis. In this day and age, who would employ such tactics and especially not knowing who they are violating. In this case, a federal employee. Never again, and I will be a walking advertisement, especially after I wrote to SixT who did not bother to respond. Totally unprofessional and definitely racially profiling.

Sixtphoto radar speed traps

We had problems with Sixt in Germany, too. First, they insisted we trade cars before traveling to Czech Republic,
                        then tried to charge us for the use of both cars on the day we made the
                        exchange ! I also believe they have an obligation in Germany to warn
                        North American drivers of the photo speed traps that are on the
                        autobahns.

We are not used to these devices, at least in Canada. Drivers travel
                        so fast on the autobahns that you spend most of your time concentrating
                        on the drivers that are whipping by you often at speeds well in excess
                        of 200 kmh. I would think, if only in the interests of good customer
                        service, Sixt should be warning customers these devices that are
                        everywhere in Germany. The result is that you miss seeing a few speed
                        limit signs or are simply following the traffic, then you return to
                        Canada, and you start to receive multiple invoices for 25 euros each
                        from Sixt for each time they've provided your i.d. to the police. What a
                        great way to make extra profit ! I can't imagine how many extra euros
                        they make each year. I suspect that almost every North American who
                        rents a car from Sixt ends up paying them multiple 25 euro charges long
                        after you thought you'd paid your bill.

Sixt Platinum Card — rip off strategy

Sixt has a loyalty program where you can earn a gold or platinum status based on the number of yearly...

Sixtmileage charge

I will never use Sixt again, I made the reservation and when I made it they stated the car had unlimited mileage but when I got to the counter they wanted to charge for every mile over a 100 per day. This was right when I was getting ready to leave. Very unprofessional on their part and needless to say I will not rent from them again. Beware, what you see when they advertise a car may not be what they put in the fine print of your contract. Stay away from this company.

• Fr
                              Fred314 Jul 13, 2014

Looking at website, I am offered unlimited mileage only if I pay now, thru the website and not if I pay on arrival.
                              1. Your rate
                              Pay upon arrival US$ 39.20
                              Rebooking and cancellation (free)

Pay now online US$ 37.24
                              Rebooking and cancellation (fees apply)
                              Unlimited mileage
                              Invoice by email
                              Energy surcharge US$ 0.99
                              Rental surcharge US$ 2.00
                              Vehicle license fee US$ 1.99

Sixt Car Rental Ukhidden post - rental charges

My initial impression of Sixt: (Easy online booking; absolutely lovely people at the Shepherds Bush shop in Latimer Road around the corner from my home; too-good-to-be-true nearest and cheapest and on paper more competitive and convenient than Avis who I'd always used before at the Westfield; great car; great experience. Gave 5 Stars in my post-rental survey and was looking forward to a long relationship of years of car rental with them) has been completely ruined. I will never use them again as their post-rental policies stink of malpractice and making up profit margins. It's really clear now that they advertise apparently cheaper prices to get the business but then claw the money back to be profitable afterwards. I could have been a really loyal life-long customer, so for £50+VAT they have lost potentially £1000s from me, which also makes them incompetent as well as untrustworthy.
                            1. No one explained about needing to return the vehicle clean - an omission which has now cost me £50+20% VAT. I've been sent rather smug emails telling me they expect all customers to thoroughly check T&Cs before renting a car, so why was it the Return Fuel Fill was clearly explained to me by the woman at the desk, but the cleaning wasn't?

2. Vehicle check process for pre-existing damages on car pick-up: I did the vehicle check together with a nice man who handed the car over to me. He was about to say everything was OK when I spotted the scratch in the paintwork down to the metal on the mirror on the driver's side. I was expecting him to do something on his hand-held device, for there to be a proper record taken of this, like with other car rental companies. So I was a bit surprised when instead he hand-wrote on the back of my Driver's Contract piece of paper "Scratch in paintwork on driver's side mirror" on the back of my contract, he signed it, and dated it (20th June 2014) and I also signed this at his request. He then told me when I dropped the car off to leave that same piece of paper on the dashboard of the car with an additional note on it to say "Reminder: this is your note on 20th to say scratch in mirror was pre-existing at time of pick-up" and for me to sign, date this and leave it in the car. His words to me were "This note will mean I will remember this was already done and I won't charge you for the scratch".This did not feel right at the time, but I trusted the nice man so just went along with his instructions. I was the one who spotted this damage at the point of pick-up and exactly followed to the letter all of the instructions provided by your member of staff. When I was contacted by head office with the Damage Report the head office had not spoken to the local office. The only good thing in all of this was the local shop staff did inform head office about the piece of paper and pre-existing damage, so this matter was cleared up, but could have been initially without having to involve or scare me.
                            3. 1 week later after I'd received a final invoice Head office emailed me a Damage Report claiming I had scratched the car - I hadn't, this had been the fore-mentioned pre-existing damage which was noted at the pick-up. After sending me a series of blunt automated emails, some of which were in very poor English, asking me what photos I'd taken etc - the head office team then bothered to contact the Shepherds Bush shop to check facts and the matter was cleared up.
                            4. Only then I received another email saying I'm still going to be charged - an initially unquoted amount - for a full valet of the car - only now drawing my attention to Clause 11.3 of T&Cs (very buried on website) to return the car clean "because other people want to use the car after you". Cleaning was never mentioned at pick-up. Returning with a full fuel tank for example was, but nothing about returning it fully cleaned. I've never heard of a car rental company who doesn't clean a car between hires or puts that cost onto the customer or uses this as an excuse to take money out of a deposit. However looking at all the online complaint forums like this one this seems to be common policy from Sixt. It reminds me of unscrupulous estate agents who keep your deposit for 'cleaning' once you leave a rental property.
                            5. When I asked Head Office how much they were going to charge me for 'cleaning' they couldn't answer, they referred me to the local branch. The next day I received an automated email ("We friendly ask for your understanding that we create the invoice in the language of the rental location" - just an example of poor English in communication) with an invoice for £50+VAT for cleaning which they'll just take out of my £150 deposit. Who pays £50 to clean a car?!
                            6. My total rental in the end was far more expensive than Avis would have been who would never have put me through this. Your advertised apparently competitive prices are totally misleading as it's absolutely evident that you make their margins taking charges out of people's deposits - There's an EU law about misleading marketing.
                            7. Their processes are flaky - it seems now on purpose so that they can put customers into a vulnerable position after the event where they can charge them - The rental contract which included a list of pre-existing damages was given to me by the lady in the shop. This rental agreement with these pre-existing damages only existed as a piece of paper, I have not received anything electronically. The gentleman who met me and handed the vehicle over to me had something on a hand-held device which also listed these items, so it looked like there was an electronic version of the contract there but nothing given to me. I was told to leave behind the only evidence I had which was the handwritten note. It's obvious now why their processes are so flaky, they are not there to protect the consumer's best interests, they are there for them to exploit later for extra money.