Having problems with Sixt?

Sixt reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 1, 2008. The latest review Fraud was posted on May 26, 2021. The latest complaint reembolso reserva cancelada was resolved on Apr 04, 2017. Sixt has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 219 reviews. Sixt has resolved 42 complaints.

Sixt Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 749 8227 (United States)
+44 844 248 6620 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 352 030 (Ireland)
+43 810 977 424 (Austria)
+32 70 225 800 (Belgium)
+420 222 324 995 (Czech Republic)
+45 32 481 100 (Denmark)
+39 665 2111 (Italy)
+31 235 698 656 (Netherlands)
+351 217 998 701 (Portugal)
+40 372 372 005 (Romania)
+41 848 884 444 (Switzerland)
+973 17 711 770 (Bahrain)
+966 12 197 171 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 239 566 (Singapore)
+27 112 309 990 (South Africa)
+82 234 520 001 (South Korea)
+94 112 870 870 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 932 300 (Thailand)
+54 114 815 2223 (Argentina)
+59 829 032 267 (Uruguay)
Zugspitzstraße 1

145 Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti, 1 Bucharest, 013686 Romania

Russia
Leninskij prospect, 113/1, office 706C, 117198 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Calle del Canal de Sant Jordi 29, Local 2, Poligono son Oms, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

Sweden

Cumhuriyet Bulvari № 141a, 35220 Alsancak, Izmir - Turkey

Bahrain
P.O. Box 75104 Manama - Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain

China
Room 2316, Jiaxin Building, Jinsha Road № 92, Jinping District, 515041, Shantou, PR China

India
Kochuveedu, H. №AMC/13/680, Chandanakkavu, Pazhaveedu, Alappuzha Dist - 688009, Kerala State, India

Qatar

Peru

Av. La Paz Nro. 745 Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru

Uruguay
Mercedes 1422 Bis, 11200, Montevideo, Uruguay

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sixt Customer Service. Initial Sixt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sixt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sixt. Discuss the issues you have had with Sixt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sixt Complaints & Reviews

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — unauthorized credit card charges

My name is Catherine Blaauw Renter reference 220825 I rent a car through Flizzr at the Dublin airport on...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carcan rental cancellation - austria-rs9864535218

I would like to complaint about your cancellation policy. In the rental terms and condition, they stated that it will charge 3 days cancellation fee. I agree rule is the rule. However, there are still quite many special cases during the travel booking they need to consider. Basically I am planning a trip in EU with my friends and there is a lot of schedule needs to be aligned during the whole planning. I booked the rental car through sixT but suddenly realized there is a mistake of this reservation due to misalignment with my friends' plan. This has pushed me to cancel the reservation, since we may just take public transportation instead. I contacted reservation department within two hours and found that they still have to charge me the cancellation fee.
I wonder if they could be a little bit flexible. Right now, for most of airline ticket booking as I am aware of, they allow for 24 hour free cancellation no matter ticket is refundable or non-refundable. I also have a lot of experience of dealing with hotel booking and car rental with other companies for nonrefundable reservation. I always get free cancelation if travel plan suddenly changed due to some uncontrollable reasons. Could they show a little bit care with your customer?

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — extra 1 day charge even on time drop off

I seny below email 10 times and also informed drom their web site but no feedback. Dear Officer, The price...

Sixt.comdiscut a payment

Hello,

On february a friend of mind booked a rental car.
    When she's arrived pickup the rental, the man at the hertz front desk ask for a us driver licence + us credit card... She were from france so she ask me to put my credit card on file, so I did, but I was clear with the front desk, I do not accept any charge my personal credit card!!!
    He say don't worry this is just for te nothing will be charge cause the booking is already full paid, the toll and fees will be charge on the main card who paid the booking.

On 02-08-18 I get charge of $88.80 additional driver, but my friend never receive any email with the detail.

On 03-21-18 I get charge for $ 293.85 (for what?? They told me the fees??) so you charge people with not send them any prouve or details? You charge card where they won't in the contract?/! We choice your company because we told you were professional and serious... I will for sure never rent with sixt and I will call my lawyer to see how we can fix this issue.
    I make a claim to my bank because again I was not suppose to get any charges!
    On 05-19-18 the claim was refused, they explain me that because I give my card I do not have possibility of any thing! Unfair I didn't sign anything!!! I should have. Why your company didn't charge the main card??

I'm asking you to refund the money on my credit card and to send me all the detail of this amount.

Confirmation # [protected]
    Number of rental voucher # us886091640
    Compte / account : 187705
    Name of the reservation: laurent vignolles
    Name of the main card: kisema masini maryam / last 4 # of the card who paid the full booking: 4954
    Vehicle : kia forte sal pe

Let me know if you need more information.
    Thank you to do your best to fix this as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Priscillia duval
    Priscillia. [protected]@gmail.com

Sixt.comvehicle rental

What a comically nightmarish experience I had with Sixt, which managed to sink beneath even the low bar I've come to expect from companies in this era of corporate fraud and disingenuous customer service.

I made the rental reservation through Kayak as I've done dozens of times in the past, and then had to cancel after my trip changed, as I've done a few times in the past.

You would think this would be a straight forward, uniform experience.

Not so with Sixt.

I followed the instructions on the receipt and called Sixt customer service. Turns out, there's no way to speak with an actual human through their hotline and they redirect you to their website for any and all problems.

The website proved unhelpful as it required a security code that I didn't have since I booked through a 3rd party website.

The website told me to contact Kayak.

Kayak sent me back to Sixt.

I decided to call the Sixt office at the airport directly. After 30 min on hold I got in touch with an employee who told me they can't cancel over the phone (?) but to send me cancellation request via email.

I did immediately, emphasizing that if there were any problems to have a human contact me as it took the better part of a day to reach one.

There days (!) later I got an automated email telling me to cancel online.

Again, I responded immediately, saying that I didn't have the security code and couldn't cancel online, which is the reason I tracked down a person to help me cancel in the first place.

Three days (!) later I received an email on the eve of my trip with the long awaited security code and a notice that I would be charged the full amount because Sixt apparently has a non cancellation cancellation policy.

Basically, once you book you're gonna pay whether you use them or not.

This would have been helpful to know at any point throughout the process, but it's virtually impossible to get human interaction with them, and when I did it was never brought up until the 11th hour, after a week of fruitless phone calls and multiple emails, when it was too late to change anything.

This has been an absurd experience, like a spoof comedy of a bad company. Yet truth is stranger than fiction, and Sixt is apparently a real company with truly appalling customer service.

Sixt.com — sixt rent a car - reservation confirmation # [protected]

Dear Sir or Madam I would like to lodge a complaint regarding an issue I recently encountered with SIXT Rent...

Sixt.comcar rental

4/8/18 to 4/11/18 rental dates
        Contract No. [protected]
        First of all, the sales person, Ms. Raffaela K was very nice until she noticed that I wasn't hearing her very well when I was picking up the car. She began to speak faster and softer. I was led to believe that my regular rental agreement had a reduced price for a different vehicle. I agreed to the change and was not told that the charge would be an extra $24.99 per day. She also chastised me for not wanting to rent a Mercedes in Atlanta. My vehicle was not in the parking spot I was told so I had to walk up and down the parking garage until a Sixt employee helped me find it. As I was driving to my hotel I noticed the spare tire leaning on the back hatch door window partially obstructing my view. Having a CDL licence, I just used my side mirrors and thought nothing of it until the hotel attendant put my suitcase in the back of the car when I was ready to leave. When he opened the hatch to both our surprise the tire came tumbling out nearing hitting him. He's now looking at me with hate filled eyes while I profusely apologize for the rental company's incompetence. I put the tire back in the car and took it back to the rental center.
        More care should be taken to make sure your vehicles are in safe operating order and your reservations people should not take advantage of a handicapped person's hearing loss.

• Updated by Jim Powell · Apr 18, 2018

Until you get your act together I will not rent anything from you again!

Sixt.com — charged additional $117.14 to add another driver.

On 3/15/18 My husband and I arrived in Orlando, Fl. to pick up the car we reserved through Priceline...

Sixt.comcontacting via telephone

on your customer support line there is no way to get a live person - ever.
          it takes you into a menu of options, none of which worked.

I am trying to confirm a reservation for which I have already paid and cannot get a confirmation for.

even the website doesn't confirm
          i'm getting a bad feeling about sixt and am thinking there might be a scam involved

Sixt Car Rental and Flizzr (subsidiary of Sixt) — car rental

Scams - beware! 1. In attempt to get you to pay for the extra insurance they might say that the credit card...

Sixt Rent A Carrent a car in strasbourg

I made my reservation two months in advance for my trip in Europe starting Dec21 in Strasbourg and finishing Dec24 in Berlin; I was looking specifically for 4x4 and SIXT had confirmed BMW X3 or similar class. I could not find any special mark for winter tires at the SIXT website while I had been making my reservation, so I put a special comment that winter tires are required because I was planning to travel to Germany.

Unfortunately, no cars of BMW X3 or similar class had been available when I arrived at SIXT office in Strasbourg on December 21st ( while I had booked almost 2 months in advance) so I had to downgrade my order and got 2 wheel drive, although SIXT guaranteed 4 wheel drive vehicle. I was very disappointed.

Sixt.com — invoice and took a car with almost empty tank

Dear Sir I rented from you so much time and never faced Any problems, in invoices in cars, I always return...

Sixt.com — claiming damage - unjustified

Damage Invoice #[protected] Rental from Madrid Spain, Rental Agreement [protected] Date of Rental 19/5/17 to...

Sixt.com — contract [protected] / c63s amg in frankfurt germany

Hi, I rented November 3 a luxury car from your fleet for 13 days spending $1786.94. As usual when I come in...

Sixt.commiami downtown

SIXT terrible service. I rented the car with them, returned the car in perfect shape, 5 days later they sent me e-mails reporting that I had knocked on the car, 5 days everything could have happened the car may have been rented again, may have stayed in the garage and Someone has damaged. I am having to file a lawsuit against them for continuing to say that I was the badi !! When will a car rental company only see the car after 5 days? Nonsense, DO NOT hire theirs.

Sixt.com — couldn't get to orlando because of hurricane maria

Hi I had a reservation for a Mercedes-Benz CLA or similar fron September 27 2017 to October 1 2017 but I live...

Sixt.com[protected] rental

To whom this may concern:
                I received a bill for $88.96 for gas for a car I rented on September 5, returned 7th 2017!
                I returned it with a quarter tank of gas, the car has a 15 gallon tank! There is no way at 3.29 a gal. California price it cost that much to fill that tank!
                I was told it would be the cost times comprobable the gal needed to refill, other wise I would have filled it myself!! You ripped me off!!
                I will never rent from you again, and I will tell everyone I can to do the same when they travel!!
                A completely empty tank would have only cost me about. 53$as I said it had a quarter tank!
                Sincerely,
                Diana Cimei
                200 W.Washington
                Magnolia, Illinois 61336

Sixt.com — invoice

Invoice # [protected] Reserved the car on 7/10/2017 and paid in full for 9/6 thru 9/9. $96.99 was charged to...

Sixt.comover charge on my mother's debit card

INRE: Joshua Rollins vs Sixt rentacar Doc # [protected] Date: 08/31/17 I am reaching out to Corporate office of Sixt in hopes I'm treated much better than the we were treated at your Atlanta Hartsfield key pickup booth. My mom's debit card was charged to much money! I need a supervisor in corp. to call me ASAP [protected] cause an error has been truly made.

Sixt.com — free cancellation of reservation due to hurricane irma

I tried to cancel my reservation via email to [protected]@sixt.com but I didn't get any answer from 2...