EconomyBookings.com company logo
EconomyBookings.com
reviews & complaints
EconomyBookings.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

152 complaints
49 resolved 103 unresolved

This account has been claimed by EconomyBookings.com customer service / representatives through our verification process.

EconomyBookings.com reviews & complaints

EconomyBookings.com complaints 152

EconomyBookings.com - Charges

We booked a car reservation through Economy Bookings, when we arrived at the airport the car rental service did not have any reservation for us. We had to pay out of pocket even though we were charged through Economy Bookings. We contacted them and were told we had to contact them via email. We emailed them on two separate occasions with only an automated response that they received our email. It wasn't until we filed a dispute with our bank that they responded to our third email stating that we already initiated the dispute response and that they can no longer assist us in the matter.

Desired outcome: refund for services not received

EconomyBookings.com - Being charged twice and requesting a refund of $507.28

10/26/21 Thrifty Rental record #[protected] $302.74
Vehicle: 2020
License:CA8NAD 240
10/26/21 Thrifty #0074718 $302.74

The cost of the rental was $302.74, paid on10/26/21.
I Prepaid $507.28 on 9/29/21. I want this amount refunded to my Visa credit card #[protected].
Mary Dobbs

Desired outcome: Refund of $507.28 to my Visa Credit card

EconomyBookings.com - Car renting

27 Nov 2021
Reservation: B34148088
Booked a car Toulouse Downtown but was later given a location (174 Avenue des Etats-Unis 31200 Toulouse) far from downtown. I called and was told that I would have to pay an extra $200 to have the pick-up/drop-off changed to downtown even if that was the initial agreement. As I did not want to pay extra for something that we had agreed, I was first hanged-up and then I was told that was not possible and that the reservation will be cancelled.
This is totally unacceptable

Desired outcome: Should just have changed the pick-up/drop-off location as it was supposed to be

EconomyBookings.com - Car rental

Very bad car rental agent

The agent forced me to take bigger car and said this is free upgrade

I extended one day they charged me double
I came late charged half day of the double amount

The guys of the agent are very rude in talking to customer

The saud car pick and return is airport but when I arrived the office is not in the airport, that caused delay

Agent name is ARENA

Desired outcome: Compensation

EconomyBookings.com - Refund policy

Desired outcome: Full refund of my travel vouchers because I was always supposed to get a full refund

EconomyBookings.com - Car rental refund

Jonathan Byrd is name, account number B42991647 this is my forth request for refund to be return to my account to no avail. My emails have been answered only ignored. I am well within their policy for return but nothing. I will pursue other adventures to receive my refund. Economy booking group is not honest in their business dealings with their customers. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Desired outcome: Return my refund immediately

EconomyBookings.com - I've tried to call these people since july 31 2021

I booked a rental car with this economy booking its a scam We didn't get the car and they won't return my money I'm going to seek legal action when I find out who to come for believe that... they will not answer the phone. We had to lay a parent to rest so we need a rental to get to Kentucky to say our goodbyes but the ric airport said they don't deal with third parties, so we are due our refund for no service

Desired outcome: I want my money they took off of my card for nothing

Hello - I had the same thing happen to me - can you please let me know what methods you used to receive your refund ? My name is Elizabeth and I have been trying the same thing - their guarantee is that we can be refunded but b cause of covid they decided they were just going to give me a credit - I had two cancelations There were two B91701767 and B11742591 and economy bookings response is bull because I waited over 6 months they kept telling me it is 90 business days and then changed it to 180 business days and then even longer for my refund and over 6 months later they still have me a voucher instead of my refund ...so take it from someone who is still trying over a year later them being busy us an excuse they don't ever fix anything

F

EconomyBookings.com - Failure to pay refund for cancelled booking

I made a booking for a rental car in Dunedin, New Zealand to collect on August 14th 2021. I cancelled the booking on August 11th, confident that it was well outside the 48 hour period. I received the cancellation confirmation, advising that refund would be paid into my account within 21 days. It is over 5 weeks now, and despite calling two weeks ago and being reassured that refund was being processed, the refund has still not been credited to my account. The Booking reference is B48548949.

Desired outcome: My refund is repaid asap.

Hi Francis, have you got the money back?I have the same problem

EconomyBookings.com - No answer to full coverage request

Last month I made the booking with number B95274682 on EconomyBookings.com, that included also full coverage.

After the rental ended, I submitted the full coverage request on the website on the 18th of August, but I got no answer in almost a month. Normally, they say that they will reply in 7 - 10 working days.

I called their call center a couple of times, but each time the call center operator just says that they will notify the responsible person/department, and nothing happens.

Desired outcome: Full coverage request refund

V

EconomyBookings.com - No refund

Booked a car on their website and cancelled it on 8th august.
Sent 2 mails in order to know when my refund will be made (more than 300€). According to their policy, refunds have to be made within 21 business days.
The answer is always the same 'due to high season, refunds are delayed'
I absolutely need this money which
This company is not actually serious!

EconomyBookings.com - Booking reference B19751848

Booking was cancelled 2/8/21 because Whizz air changed dates of flight. Your bookings company policy states refund within 14 working days. I have tried to contact you by email and by telephone where is my £519.24 refund?
Please refund to my credit card by 10/9/21 or i will be forced to take further action.

Desired outcome: Full refund

EconomyBookings.com - Car Rental Cancellation/ Refund Not Received

I rented a car through Economybookings on August 5, 2021. Due to COVID I had to cancel the reservation. This is the response I received. To date I have not received the refund amount noted below.

Your booking B83943890 for a total sum of 575.82 USD (484.04 EUR) at Manchester Airport, USA New Hampshire has been cancelled.

Arrow

Included Air Conditioning
Included Automatic Transmission

Total sum:

575.82 USD (484.04 EUR)

Your refund has been calculated as follows:

• Cancellation fee: 89.14 USD
• Refundable amount: 486.68 USD

The reason for cancellation:

• Other.

What's next:
Due to the high season, the refund will be made within the next 14-21 business days depending on your card provider. Now that your booking has been canceled you don't need to do anything. We'll let you know if we need anything else.

Desired outcome: Refund

EconomyBookings.com - Car hire

Categories
Blog
My Reviews
My Settings
Help
LOG OUT

Car hire cancelled with no notification. No response to my attempts to contact
I booked a vehicle within plenty of time before my trip to ensure I secured a reasonable price. On arrival at the airport, the car hire place told me that the booking could not be fulfilled due to a change in their terms and that economy bookings had been informed. We were then stuck without a car and trying to hire one last minute was 3 times that of the price I had ensured I secured it at.
The whole trip had been planned around using a car and we had even paid for ferry crossings in advance to take the car on. We were utterly stuck! I contacted economy bookings when abroad and after being on hold for 45 minutes decided to email. This was 4 weeks ago and all I have received is automated responses saying my query will be dealt with within 7 - 28 days! What kind of timescale is this? I am now £1000 out of pocket, plus the £52 deposit economy bookings have for nothing but pain and stress and a hugely impacted holiday. No one is getting back to me and offering any help
Super frustrating

Desired outcome: Refund deposit and compensate for the additional amount paid to hire alternative vehicle

S
Aug 27, 2021
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

EconomyBookings.com - Non-payment of refund. Unethical behaviour.

Rental car was booked for pick up from Queenstown airport New Zealand in mid- August. Due to Covid outbreak travel borders were closed and the rental was cancelled. The cancellation was a month prior to vehicle collection and a refund notice was received stating refund amount. No refund has been received. No phone contact numbers are viable. No communication with or from Economybookings has been possible.

Desired outcome: The full stated refund, $710.64US

B
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

EconomyBookings.com - Car rental. No refund.

Car rental. A fully prepaid rental has been refused by EconomyBookings.com office on the ground that I do not have a credit card for the deposit (representing approximate 10-20% of the price already paid in advance).I offered cash deposit or Visa debit card payment (the same card that was used for the rental pre-payment) and we had the proof of the return travel. Both options proposed by me had been refused . The outcome is that the entire price is retained by EconomyBookings.com, this is an abusive practice as per EU laws. Total loss of 1340 EUR. Official claims to follow at Consumers Protection offices.

Desired outcome: Refund

EconomyBookings.com - Car rental

I purchased a car rental through economy booking. I didn't receive a rental car and they won't refund my money! I called and the sales rep keep hanging up on me saying it's nothing they can do I have to contact the support team through email. The support team only emails you they will investigate and that's it. You can't verbally speak with anyone and they just took my money and said screw me! I haven't heard from them since and I booked at the end of April for a rental for the first week of May. Went to pick up the vehicle and they wouldn't let me claiming the system and policy changed over the weekend and Economy had to refund my money. They told me to get econmony to contact them so they can dispute the issue. Economy never contacted Dollar rentals which is where my pick up was assigned. And just took off with my money. They owe me $386.48

Desired outcome: I want money back! I want my refund!

Check with the consumer protection offices around. These are abusive practices

EconomyBookings.com - Incorrect rental voucher dates and times

Dear Sirs
I entered the following information into your booking site :
Hiring an economy car from 1.30pm on 19th August and returning it at 7pm on the 21st August. The price quoted was in the region £124.

You sent me the rental voucher B31070144. Everything is incorrect. I tried to call your number on the 16th August but only got an unhelpful person speaking from a foreign country who told me that he would only amend my booking if I was to pay £195.
He would not pay any attention to my explanation of your booking error.

I spent another two hours trying to contact you, without success
I even hoped to change my schedule to fit your incorrect voucher dates and times. But this morning I could not.
I will be instructing mastercard not to pay you.

Yours
John Miers

Desired outcome: Cancel all fees

M

EconomyBookings.com - Booking number B11996038

I originally booked a Jeep Cherokee totalling $494.35 but chose to downgrade to a Nissan Sentra. You deducted the $494.35 for the Jeep from my bank account and I had to pay for the Sentra upon arrival to airport. Which was over $300 more then your stated cost. I have called 7 times in regards to a refund for the Jeep. I have been told over and over (recorded) that I would be refunded within 7-10 business days and I just have to "wait". It's been a month. I keep getting a run around. Apparently there's no supervisors, no managers, no billing department available. I've emailed x4 with no response. I've contacted the BBB. Do I need to get a lawyer at this point? Where is my refund? I'm not going away and expect a response immediately.

8/13/2021 Looks like my case is in progress waiting...

Roberto P, Check with the consumer protection offices around. These are abusive practices .

EconomyBookings.com - Rental booking reimbursement takes ages

I have booked a car and plan a trip to Europe, my united flight got cancel and had to reschedule the trip to the next day, Called the 3rd party rental car and cancel the booking and got a new booking for the next day. The whole trip went well no issue. Once I got back I noticed that the 1st booking got charged completely and after contacting the support email and reaching out by phone the operator, I still wait more than a month to receive my money back.
Totally impossible to have someone from the support to respond.
Very disappointing and waited this long before writing this complaint

Let me know if this help

Desired outcome: refund

Aug 26, 2021

Still no solution I could not have a refund this company beat the price of the bigger rental company but make up a huge bill after.
They have a good marketing to scout the customers but don't support the complain and just get advantage of the new customers, which will not come back unfortunately.

Aug 19, 2021

Thu 8/19/2021 7:41 AM from: Roberto to: [email protected]

Thank you so much July for your email,
I really appreciate your explanation.
Could you please read the following below
The reservation was canceled over the phone therefore I did not use the car I reserved and those money you have them for free.

Unfortunately since I waited more than a month for someone to respond I thought I had been scammed so I opened an inquiryat www.complaintsboard.com that should help with this type of situation.
Since this issue is not closed I will keep it open till this situation is resolved.

Please review the file and feel free to email me with any questions.

Please accept my apologies for inquiry but it push me to do since this long period of waiting

Roberto

Get Outlook for iOS
________________________________________
From: Customer Service BookingGroup
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 3:38 AM
To: Roberto
Subject: Re: B71636506

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Dear Roberto,
Thank you for choosing us for your car hires. Please accept our sincere apologize for delayed response and for the inconvenience it may have caused,
The service was cancelled less than 24 before pick up time.
When you completing the reservation you has read, understood, and agreed to the Cancellation and Non-refundable Policy disclosed during the process of booking, therefore, you accepted and agreed to the transaction, made the reservation and received confirmation.
CANCELLATION & AMENDMENTS
Cancellation of Fully Prepaid Bookings and Deposit/ Partially Prepaid Bookings
- If you cancel your booking 48 hours or more prior to your pick-up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of 75.00 EUR*. If your prepayment is less than 65.00 EUR*, you will not receive a refund.
- If you cancel your booking less than 48 hours before pick-up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of 150.00 EUR*. If your prepayment is less than 150.00 EUR*, you will not receive a refund.
- If you cancel your booking less than 24 hours before pick-up, you will not receive a refund.
- No refund will be applied for unused rental days.
- You cannot cancel your booking if your rental has already started.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund on this occasion.
We regret that we cannot offer you a solution you were hoping for.

Regards,
July

Customer Care Department Specialist at BookingGroup

USA: +[protected] Russia: +[protected] UK: +[protected]

www.bookinggroup.com www.economybookings.com www.avtoprokat.ru

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 9:58 PM Roberto Paladini wrote:
Hello Dear support,

Could you please help me solving this issue?

Aug 17, 2021

8/13/2021 received this looks like my case is in progress

Aug 10, 2021

ref B71636506

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

EconomyBookings.com - Incorrect information in voucher and Fraud of EconomyBookings.com

Booking number:
B42079451

We have booked a car in Nurnberg airport. In voucher it stated thay the opening hours of the station are till 16.30. But in fact the station was open only till 15.30
Our flight had a delay till 15.40 (the flight number was in the booking). At 15.55 the station was already closed.
Contacting your call center, we had a respond form one of the managers name Michael, that it is a mistake in our voucher and that he regrets, but he can do nothing but make a new booking with a new payment. He can't change a booking to a new station or refund us. He said, that we should send the email and wait for respond! A family of 4 people, stays without a rental car, just because of the mistake in a voucher, without refund and without any support!
I consider that as a violation of customer rights and a fraud.
No respond received yet after 24 hours!
I demand to refund us imideatly and compensate all our extra expenses.

1 2 3  ...  8