WARNING...You can not cancel a car rental booking with Economy Bookings. Canceling is impossible to do via their website, or by trying to call. Ultimately what happens is you go past the 24 hour and 48 hour cancellation deadlines and get a "no show". "You can not cancel your booking if the rental has already started" and you will be charged the entire amount of the rental and also the Insurance, if purchased.
There is no where to cancel in "My bookings" as stated in their policy below. If you call any or all of the numbers provided on their website, you are automatically put on hold, no one answers, and after 15 minutes, you get cut off.
I contacted my Credit Card Company to stop payment to Economy Bookings as fraud because they made it impossible to cancel. Only then, after my Credit Card Co. was finally able to get a hold of Economy Bookings, did they respond. They blocked the refund by sending nine pages to my Credit Card Co. which included their Cancellation policy, the rental agreement and a letter stating why I should not be refunded.
Basically by clicking the "Book Now" button, the consumer is contractually held to their policies, which in my opinion are misleading.
On their website the CANCELLATION POLICY states:
Cancellations can be made in "My bookings" section and by contacting
1. If you cancel 48 hours or more prior to your pick up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of USD 40.00.
2. If you cancel less than 48 hours before pick-up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of USD 55.00.
3. If you cancel your booking less than 24 hours before pick up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of USD 150.00.
4. If your prepayment is less than USD 150.00, there won't be any additional charge, but you won`t receive any refund. No refund will be applied for unused rental days.
5. You cannot cancel your booking if your rental has already started.