Having problems with Sixt?

Sixt reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 1, 2008. The latest review Fraud was posted on May 26, 2021. The latest complaint reembolso reserva cancelada was resolved on Apr 04, 2017. Sixt has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 219 reviews. Sixt has resolved 42 complaints.

Sixt Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 749 8227 (United States)
+44 844 248 6620 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 352 030 (Ireland)
+43 810 977 424 (Austria)
+32 70 225 800 (Belgium)
+420 222 324 995 (Czech Republic)
+45 32 481 100 (Denmark)
+39 665 2111 (Italy)
+31 235 698 656 (Netherlands)
+351 217 998 701 (Portugal)
+40 372 372 005 (Romania)
+41 848 884 444 (Switzerland)
+973 17 711 770 (Bahrain)
+966 12 197 171 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 239 566 (Singapore)
+27 112 309 990 (South Africa)
+82 234 520 001 (South Korea)
+94 112 870 870 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 932 300 (Thailand)
+54 114 815 2223 (Argentina)
+59 829 032 267 (Uruguay)
Zugspitzstraße 1

145 Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti, 1 Bucharest, 013686 Romania

Russia
Leninskij prospect, 113/1, office 706C, 117198 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Calle del Canal de Sant Jordi 29, Local 2, Poligono son Oms, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

Sweden

Cumhuriyet Bulvari № 141a, 35220 Alsancak, Izmir - Turkey

Bahrain
P.O. Box 75104 Manama - Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain

China
Room 2316, Jiaxin Building, Jinsha Road № 92, Jinping District, 515041, Shantou, PR China

India
Kochuveedu, H. №AMC/13/680, Chandanakkavu, Pazhaveedu, Alappuzha Dist - 688009, Kerala State, India

Qatar

Peru

Av. La Paz Nro. 745 Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru

Uruguay
Mercedes 1422 Bis, 11200, Montevideo, Uruguay

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sixt Customer Service. Initial Sixt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sixt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sixt. Discuss the issues you have had with Sixt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sixt Complaints & Reviews

Oct 04, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — unethical behavior, disrespect, racism, fraud on damage claim, lies

Me and my husband travel a lot all over the world and we ususally rent a car from Budget or Hert really known...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carexcess fuel charges...

Booking Ref No. [protected]

To Whom It May Concern,
Car hire in Miami Florida from Sixt at Miami Airport, date 3-16 September 2019. Paid bill for hire on credit card plus paid for in full for additional services recommended by agent i.e Car Insurance and Roadside Recovery.
Shortly after leaving pickup centre around 2 am in the morning the tyre pressure senor indicator light came on. Later that day after resting from our flight I drove to a petrol station and the pressure in the passenger side front tyre was topped up. The light came off and everything seemed okay, but overtime the light kept coming on and off. We were not to concerned as the tyre did not go down but due to the indicator I stopped off several times to top up the air in the tyre when it came on. Initially I thought there was a fault with the sensor as mentioned before the tyre did not go down, but I then decided to contact Sixt when it signalled once again soon after I had air put in on my way home Sunday 8th Sept. I parked up a couple of streets away from my destination to explain the ongoing issue to your agent and the fact that I had planned a 3 hour drive to Orlando to visit the parks, (this was the main reason I hired the car to take my son to the parks there for his birthday surprise gift) the following morning and was worried about the journey as I would have to drive over the highways and interstates, and could not quite understand why the sensor was coming on and off on the car. I also took the opportunity to mention that I was dissatisfied with the service from collection, the vehicle appeared not to be clean, interior and exterior which I had never experienced before with regards to the numerous occasions I have hired cars previously. It also took the agent 3 attempts to allocate us a suitable vehicle albeit I booked days in advance prior our arrival therefore it should have been ready. I would have complained there and then, but my family and I endured long flight delays due to the hurricane and we just wanted to rest.
The agent mentioned that he there might be a spare tyre in the boot of our vehicle but then advised that he would make arrangements for me to 'exchange' the car at the nearest Sixt Centre which was around 25 minutes away from where we were staying, even though I had aired my concerns about driving on a possible faulty tyre and also informed him I had Car Insurance and Roadside Recovery Cover which he should have been aware of as soon as he typed in my reference number and the fact that I was a visitor to the Country.
Despite my reservations I followed his instructions and made my way the following morning to the centre. When I finally arrived at the centre the car was inspected and I was told there was a screw embedded in the tyre and that was the root of the problem and also that it could have caused the tyre to blow out at high speeds. I went on in great horror and disbelief to 'exchange' the faulty vehicle and after a short break to compose myself, set off to Orlando with my family.
At the end of my hire agreement 16th Sept, the replacement car was 'returned' with a tank full of fuel as contracted.
A week after my return from our holiday, I started to go through my bank statements particularly paying attention to my expenditure in Florida, and was shocked to see that your company had charged me an excessive bill for fuel amounting to 108.89 dollars. This charge could only have come about due to the exchange arranged by your agent because of the unsafe faulty tyre. It is utterly unacceptable. I was not a anytime during my two conversations with your advisor's one 8th and the other 9th, as no one seemed to be answering the Sixt Centre phone where the replacement was arranged during several attempts to let them know we were on the way, again instructed by your first advisor, was I instructed or advised to fill the tank before the exchange.
As mentioned prior, my family and I were due to drive to Orlando that day so my instinct was to drive straight to the centre before the pressure reduced again during the 25 minute commute as per instructed. Therefore to learn that I have been charged for the above incident even though I paid in full for Roadside Recovery Cover and it was never suggested by either one of your advisor's to send out a recovery agent to inspect the car, replace the tyre or to recover the vehicle and deliver a replacement as a safety precaution was outrageous and very disconcerting.
I have spoken with family members and friends who have all said I am well within my rights to submit a letter of complaint under the given circumstances. I am therefore requesting a full refund for the fuel bill totalling 108.89 dollars and an detailed explanation to why a service I had paid for, Roadside Recovery, was not used or offered as an alternative.
This incident has not only tainted my family's holiday experience but mine also plus it has tarnished my faith in Sixt as a trustworthy car hire company as your service was highly recommended to me.
Your immediate attention and response to my complaint and issues via my phone or email address would be much appreciated.

Yours faithfully,
Miss Domanique Scarlett
[protected]@hotmail.com
mobile: [protected]

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carcar rental

I rented a car for my trip in Portugal. Reservation number [protected] and paid in full $633.86. When I arrived to pick it up I was told that I couldn't take the car unless I bought the insurance for the vehicle which I was told was about $220. I was told that the insurance is mandatory. I also purchase the gas for about $70. I expected to be billed approximately $300 more. I turned in the vehicle and was told I did not need a receipt or car inspection and that everything was taken care of. When I returned back to the US there was a charge for $979.83 on my credit card! I cannot understand how my rental coat went to $1613.69 this is unreal. I am a senior on a fixed income and have been taken advantage of. I sent a request to the general customer service who explained that they requested as refund in the amount of the insurance as well as for the upgrade (I never requested an upgrade for my car so I am unclear as to why I was charged with it) I will never rent from you again and will be reporting these inflated cost to the BBB and posting a review. A rental for 17 days should not cost this when I paid in full. I am requesting a refund for the rental insurance as well as the upgrade in total of $617.80 (this is in Euros and should be converted to US dollars.)

Your agent took advantage of an elderly client who was traveling over 12 hours and just made false statements to up-sell me. Then today I was charged another $16!!!'

Sep 18, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — deceitful behaviour from staff and hidden charges

To whom it may concern, I would like to make a formal complaint to Sixt on behalf of both my partner and I...

Sep 10, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — overcharging, refusal to rectify

Details of dispute as follows: 1. Car Hire booked with Sixt Paris through Wotif.com 2. Car picked up from...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carthey cheat credit card

Me and my brother rented a car for a day for 277 euro and we received a bill with extra 300 euro in frankfurt airport. When we ask about 300 euro a guy said this is just for deposit.Now it is about one month sixt rent havent given me my 300 euro, when I asked you said we couldnt pay your money because you drive up 500 km. This is embezzlement, why sixt rent car said this 300 extra euro is just for deposit and we will give back. However after driving thety said your money is our company! why you didnt explain when you drive up 500 km we will not give your deposit... I don't offer anyone to rent with your company because you steal customer's money and you make deep psychological effect on your customers. I will complain hundred thousands people on media that how you steal customers money...Now they still disseise 27 dollars without any information. I worry about withdrawing money from my credit card everyday.I will talk with my bank and complain...I never saw such thing in companies.They cheat customers...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a CarUninformed and forced insurance charge in car rental

Reservation number: [protected]

We rented a Mercedes MLA (or same level) on Sixt online reservation system from August 10 to August 16, and we didn't purchase any additional packages in the reservation. However, two days before I received an invoice that arbitrarily adds another fee into the bill for 6 days' supplemental liability insurance fee and claims that they will charge the money from my credit card automatically (how ridiculous that is!). I feel being immorally cheated by the Sixt service and I hereby ask for a justified explanation for this uninformed charge. I have the reservation confirmation email and clearly the money on it does not include any insurance package.

I think the possible mistake happens when we arrived at the front-desk of Sixt at Seattle-Tacoma airport in the afternoon of August 10. When we made a final confirmation of our reservation, we asked about whether we can use our own car insurance instead of having to purchase additional protect packages from Sixt, and the front-desk staff said no and that we had to use their insurance (her behavior let us think that the insurance has been included in the reservation money and she didn't tell us that she needed to charge more money for the insurance). Later we confirmed with her that there does not exist any additional charges except for the amount of money indicated in the reservation, and only charged us $500 for deposit.

As a first-time customer of Sixt, I feel deceived by both the website service (its fake low rental price) and in-person service. Hopefully with a professional problem-management regarding with my situation, I can get the refund for the $108.48 insurance fee. I will continue to choose Sixt in the future if it's properly resolved because the company indeed provided me with a high-quality rental car.

* Expected charges in reservation: $510.57
        * Uninformed charge of supplemental liability insurance plux tax: $108.48
        * Total charges: $619.05 USD

Sincerely,

Jianmin Dong

Sixt Car Rental Munich AirportCharge for vehicle upgrade

Booking ref. [protected] : I prebooked and had confirmation to rent a VW Touran from Munich airport between 3rd and 10th August 2019. On arrival at your check in desk I was told that the car I had pre booked was not available which was very surprising as my booking was confirmed. I was offered an alternative vehicle in the next category above, a Ford S Max, which I agreed to take on the basis that I would not be charged any extra for the change. The gentlemen serving us Confirmed that we would not be charged any extra for the upgrade so I signed for the car.

Some days later I received a break down of the bill for the car hire and I found that I had been charged an extra 84, 67 Euro for the upgrade I was told would be free of charge. I find this to be dishonest and deceitful in the extreme that I am told one thing and then you do the opposite. I therefore request that I am reimbursed for this difference without delay. If I don't get a positive response within 14 days I will take legal advise.

Aug 15, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — double charge same period of time

I had a reservation last August 5 at a downtown store in Miami but unfortunately we cant conclude thi...

Aug 10, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — rental car

I rented a car at the airport in Paris. While in a parking garage it became stuck in the forward gear even...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carrental car

I had a scheduled rental car pick up time for 4:30 pm Today at Atlanta Air port. It is now 6:10 pm and I am being told I still have to wait. I don't understand how one can have a reservation time and go so far beyond it without still getting their car. I was just told that it was because of the high volume of rentals today but if it is high, why accept more, I should not have to wait if you were allowing others who didn't have reservations to get cars before a customer with a valid reservation. I can honestly say this is the worst experience I have ever had with a rental car company and I will not be returning to SIXT. I have been here almost 1 1/2 hours and can see five other rental car companies that process their customers extremely faster, and are not maintaining a line for the whole time I have been here.

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carovercharged

Hello I took a car Mercedes E200 from Manchester Airport on 17th Aug and returned the car at heathrow on 24th Aug

As agreed they charged my card £ 911 on 18th july I came back home today I found out today from statement they have further deducted £ 950 more on dated 31st July.
              What should I do
              Pl respond it immediately cz its unethical
              Regards
              Irfan Wahid

Jul 29, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — service clientèle

Dear Sirs, From 7th to 14th of July, I hired my first car with your company. A choice I truly regret...

Jul 28, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — car rental

Sixt HQ Customer Service Worldwide Subject: Sixt rent-a-car Croatia RES [protected] RA [protected] ...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carcomplicated complaint [protected]

Dear sixt

Too much mistakes for the sixt office,
                1- he give me different category(A4 wagon, because when I'm checking in the web it different space bag car also the price .
                2- I told him about the accessories in the car bag no need because I have wheelchairs no space he tell me not possible if but I will charge you; I asked him how much he told me i don't no.

** I sent emails about that to the customer service he apologized and he tell I will give you upgrade to A6 wagon but should to drive 40 minutes to the nearest office to change, I accepted but I send many of emails and remind about accessories to tell the office I want to leave it in office.
                ** I went and put my father to a hospital, i drive 40 minutes to office, when I arrived the staff (Eva ) she is smiles every time and helped me quick to change the car for me,
                **** 🔴But here's the problem, The staff Eva discovered that the car I was using was in the name of a different person in the system, My real car with another one,
                -I do not know if the person is possible to make serious irregularities or something out of the law, I think now I'm in danger .
                -Eva and christian it's very cooperation with me and helpful to try give me good options, Eva tell me to do new contracts with new price, after that the company it will be calculated to refund the money, I tell him ok I agree but mention every thing in the contracts,
                but I didn't take the Audi A6 because still same problem with accessories and can't keep in the office because is different return, he show me the skoda it's good size i'm taken but it's different categories it should be lower price,
                Also the costumes service it not answer the phone mor than 15 minutes,

I don't now what to do about many of problem .

I like Sixt car and I tell everyone about the sixt, but now it's very very bad experience.

Abdulaziz Albarak
                Reservations number [protected]

Jul 22, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — car rental

Feedback along with formal complaint and request for refund. Hello, I would like to share with you our...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Cardamage charged illegally

Dear sirs,

I am writing in regards to reservation number [protected].

I and my family have rented sixt for years on an exclusive basis as I relied on your standard of excellency worldwide.

Unfortunately, I experienced a horrific experience with your Malta branch which I believe is sullying your name as a reputable rental agency and which is making me revise my loyalty and that of my vast network of friends and family to your company.

I was coerced quite rudely by the employee of your branch into paying a 700 EUR penalty for "burning the clutch of the car". As I was with an elderly group who where already strssed by the ordeal and the absolute lack of consideration,   we were told further penalties would ensure if I didn't pay, I settled the expense under the understanding that the claim could be reopened with you directly online.

I believe I was the subject of a misclaim by your agency in Malta and I am asking for full retribution of the amount.

I have driven for over 30 years with never burning a clutch, I barely drove the car in Malta and when I picked up the car the clutch was a bit hard; but not being a mechanic myself I had no way of knowing I have been given a defective car until I made the long drive that proved the problem.

As can be testified by my rental history with sixt, I am a respectable client who always returns the car in the same condition in which it was received, with a tank of full gas and on time. I also paid the 700 EUR in advance trusting that sixt would rectified the miscommunication later.

I would therefore appreciate you to investigate the matter and reimburse me the EUR 700 which I was wrongly charged for.

I completely disagree with any charges imputated on me as I have undertaken a extra full coverage that should include any allegations or twists Sixt is invoking.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter

Kind regards,

Jul 10, 2019

Sixt — overcharged

I have booked car with sixt through expedia for 5 days and total money was $391.00 when we went to pick up...

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Cartrying to charge me for damage. sx-[protected]-66-83, 6024kxf

I am having an issue with your Barcelona rental office about damage which I can catergorically confirmed never happenned whilst the car was with me.
                    Happy to take a polygraph.
                    Even though I am fully insured, feel it is not fair for the insurance company to compensate me for something did not do. I am at impasse with your Barcelona office.
                    Brief report:
                    We got the car at 1.00am & was parked so close to the pillar that could not see any marks because the car was dusty. Also no one came to check the car with us. At 6.03am before setting off, my friend & I checked the car when noticed slight damage. Took the photos which have sent to your claims department. Almost a week later had an email about damage. Thank you.

trying to charge me for damage. sx-[protected]-66-83, 6024kxf
                    trying to charge me for damage. sx-[protected]-66-83, 6024kxf

Jul 03, 2019

Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car — charging below the belt

Even if as seen on the document, the fuel is full 8/8 when I returned the car. How can you charge? Please...