Raymour & Flanigan Furniturecompany logo

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 207 complaints
71 resolved 136 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Go to website

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture reviews & complaints 201 - 207

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture complaints 207

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Poor quality furniture

Beware! Worst furniture ever bought! Only built to last till it comes to customer home in my experience
I bought several pieces of family room and dining room furniture from raymour & flanigan (Lawrenceville, new jersey) in april 2011. Was my first trip to raymour & flanigan. Here is what happened to the wooden dining room chairs with leather seats and back (Sku # [protected]) - the wooden sides and the legs of the dining set chairs have nicks all over. I can see yellow raw wood underneath. After two weeks, a screw fell off from one of the chair and another chair had leather wearing out from seat corners.
Here is what happened to the wooden fireplace with side drawers (Sku# [protected]) – without touching it ever, nicks appeared over the edges. After opening the side drawers a few times, the top corners of the drawers are all peeled exposing the raw wood underneath.
Here is what happened to the two full size leather reclining sofa sets (Sku# [protected]) – after few days of purchasing stitches from one of the seats opened. One of the reclining seats does not stay stable and is wobbly. Threads are hanging out randomly from various parts of the seams on both the sofa sets.
Here is what happened to the wooden coffee table – it was dirty when it was delivered to my home so I cleaned the table top with wood polish. The table became smudgy and smoggy. I called the store and was told not to use wood polish instead clean with soap and water. Well that cleaned it. After few days two 2 oily looking spots appeared. Tried cleaning but didn’t go away. Table was not used this far. To date not a single thing is put on it but has a scratchy look all over.
Furniture continues to fall apart. I bought the platinum protection plan and have so far had them come twice. New damage has occurred since then. Calling them every month for a new fix is not a solution.
I do not have small kids and nor is the furniture used daily. I am not sure how the top management and the ceo of raymour & flanigan continue to market such products. It’s a shame.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Breaking furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Platimun protection

Platimun Protection is a rip off. First was told they did work on saturdays. First time the replaced the crap I bought. Two days off form work. One day for them to look at. A day for them to...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - 2 months of waiting

My husband and I went into Raymour & Flanigan in Massachusetts to order a Love Seat(67 inches) and waited 8 weeks for a special Order and when it came in it was a sofa (90 inches).Called the Salesman at Raymour & Flanigan and he said that is impossible let me call you back. He found out he put in the wrong ordering #. 2 MONTHS!!!
Now get this it was BERKLINE FURNITURE...he tells us that they just went out of business and we can't order the Love Seat they we loved...2 MONTHS...in the mean while we sold our old couch and was sitting on fold out chairs!! HE USED TO BE A CAR SALESMAN!!!
I should of went to CARDI'S FURNTURE!!!We always went there! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR DON'T SHOP AT RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN.
I see their commericals on TV and I want to vomit!!!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Recliner broke after 3 years

I purchased a recliner from R&F in June 2007. In late Feb 2011 a bar under the chair that lifts the foot rest on the recliner broke. I called R&F and advised I had the Platinum Repair Plan(Extra $60). They said with all the snow they were acked up and set up an appointment for 3/31/11 or one month later/ On 3/31 the repair rep showed up with the wrong part. I was advised they come back in 2 weeks.Three weeks have passed.I spoke to them & advised I needed a Saturday delievery. I said since I've waited so long could they accommodate me (you know, the customer) and send a repair rep to my house this Saturday, 4/23. They said the best they can do is June (I assume in 2011). So I'll be sitting in my recliner chair for 2 more months with my feet up on a folding chair. I'll be buying R&F furniture again real soon.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Scam

Reported our dissatisfaction with a sectional after a couple of weeks, only offer to take it back was if we purchased a more expensive replacement. After just over a year the middle seat collapsed...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Delivery is delayed twice due to color uneveness of sofa

Raymour & Flanigan schedules delivery and, at the last minute reschedules

because the leather of the sofa is unevenly dyed. I am frustrated because

this is the second time this has happened. The merchandise should be

inspected before delivery time is scheduled. They provide a four hour

window for delivery. Before the merchandise is loaded on the truck, it

should be inspected.

Delivery has been scheduled for a third time. I will inspect the

sofa and if it is not acceptable, it will be returned and I will

purchase elsewhere.Customer service is helpless. I have not been

reassured this issue has been resolved.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - This is one of the worst companys i've ever delt with

I can't believe I didn't listen to some friends who warned me not to deal with Raymour and Flanigan. I really loved the leather 3, 000 couch and chair that was on the floor.After it was dilivered to my home I've had nothing but problums. The couch and chair don't match, and the leather is so cheep compared to what was on the floor. I have been complaning for months and they don't care. They say they'll take care of me than I never hear from them. I pay 98 dollors a month and put 1, 000 down and they won't help me. This is wrong!!!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Bad customer & product care

Purchsed furniture on 01/09/11, still is not delivered yet, 02/05/11. Have contacted them over & over, have taken time off from work over & over, had my own people at my home to even unload as they would carry across the grass. They brought out the furniture, over 5 thousand dollars worth & only one peice was any good. Was all damaged, broken, chipped & split. They have cost me hundreds of dollars at this point. They where to call me today, 02/05/11, and never received a call again on it. I have been to the store over & over, been promised the world, nut it never happens, could someone please contact me about this situation. This is no way to treat customers who have spent over 5 thousand dollars at a bussiness 3 years in a row. As for pictures of the muchandise, I doont need them, as I have whitness's who also seen the torn up product when it all came to be delivered, another thing, you don't send out a 60 year old delivery person to deliver a thousand pound peice of furniture to some one, & that wont walk across wet grass, you mean to tell me that even in the summer if the grass is wet they wont deliver then!!!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Warranty?? Yea right!! Run and go to bob's!!

Ok, we purchased the natuzzi leather sectional april 27, 2010 for over $4k and the magnussen home lift top cocktail table for over $400 with the platinum protection warranty for another $300. Well...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Delivery and customer service

My husband and I went shopping for a new mattress. We were very pleased with the selection and service at the raymour and flanigan in freehold. The problem was with the delivery and the customer service dept after delivery. What a night mare! To begin with the drivers acted as if they were unable to speak any english (How are they driving and how did they get jobs?) next they had no tools to set up the furiture... Finally they put a hole in my wall and ceiling and then tried to hand me a $20 bill and told me to go to home depot. The customer service dept referred me to their boss who was so nasty that I hung up on him and phoned back customer service. They (The company) did nothing! My poor sales person did try but he was the only one that made an effort to help us. The company never paid to get the holes in my wall or ceiling fixed, that cost me almost $300. Long story short... I love the mattress, loved the experience in the store... But don't use their delivery if you love their product find a different way to get it into your home because their delivery dept and customer service stinks!

if you want to go to a circus, , just go to the raymour and flanigan in egg harbor township, , , we went to go buy a living room set and the manager there has a magic wand and makes these animals out of baloons..I felt like I was at the circus and not at a furniture store, the sales person was just as mortified as we were...I wanted to pick out fabrics for my living room set, not watch a grown woman make animal shapes from baloons, , is that what they teach there managers to do??? very bizare, Wont go back to that store.

i purchased a motorized recliner on wednesday 3/7/12 at bridgewater clearance center . i know all sales are final but they should last more then 2 days.my name is robert bruno hillsborough nj. [protected]

Good luck with loveing your mattress I bought a king mattress in 2004 within the first 2 years I had 5 differant mattress's in my house due to problems. Springs that popped through, sagging, pillow tops slidding to one side, problem after problem. Specking with Coustomer service trying to get the mattress repaired/replaced was HORRIBLE each and everytime!! I finally went to a queen which cost me another $200. Now just over a year my queen mattress is sagging! I hate to go through this again, I begged for my money back after saying I should get and Attorney for what I've been through what I got was a "Super Sales person" that promiced me the world...and I feel for it. When they first came to the house the sag had to be 2" it was only 1 1/2, 3 months later when they came to the house they told me the sag had to be 3", then it was 2 1/2 inches. 4 months later the pillow top had fallen off to the side of the bed and they finally said the word "new". By that time the prices were so much higher I had to spend $200. more for a queen size. Just a insite on what to expect with your mattress I hate the thought of calling this company, walking through the doors of this company, or dealing with another person at this company! Good luck to you and good nights sleep! I would'nt buy area rug from this company!
Sleepless in Syracuse

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Prices are always negotiable

Don't plan on walking into a Raymour and Flanigan store if you have no intention of buying. I say this because they believe that everyone that comes in is a buyer and not just someone casually coming...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Terrible consumer service - westchester, ny

Less than a year ago, I purchased a sofa from Raymour and Flanigan. Recently, I noticed the cushions on the couch were wearing and falling apart. Still under warranty, I connected consumer service to have the sofa cushions repair. My experience started out innocuous; date scheduled and contact information confirmed. This was the last time I had any faith in its consumer service. The appointment was never met and after several call and emails to the Statford, CT service desk no one has yet to replied to me, explaining why they stood me up or trying to reschedule. While Raymour and Flangian may have quality consumer service in its stores (I had a great experience in the Yonkers, NY store), it saddens me that it does not stand behind its merchandise or value customers once the sale is complete. I would NEVER work with or purchase anything from them again because of the lack of respect if has for its customers.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Bad sales practices

I recently purchased a pair of recliners from Raymour and Flanigan in Syracuse, NY. From the moment I set foot into their store, I felt that something was wrong. The salesperson would not allow me to browse on my own and stayed within a few feet of me at all times. Since shopping is not my favorite thing, I quickly found a chair that I liked and told him I needed two of them. I told him that the color I wanted was beige. Well, when they delivered the chairs, only one was beige and the other one was green. I told the delivery driver to take back the green one and get me a beige one. He said they could not do that and that I would have to call the store and set up an exchange. Even after telling this driver that I was refusing delivery of the wrong chair, he rudely said there was nothing he was going to do about it and got in his truck and left. I called the store and talked to the salesman who wrote this order, and was told that if I got two different colors, I must have ordered it that way. He said that once the order is signed and the merchandise delivered, it is considered accepted by the customer and not returnable. After a lengthy conversation and several phone calls, they finally agreed to take back the wrong chair and deliver the correct one, but insisted that I would have to pay a second delivery charge as well as paying the regular price for the replacement chair since it was no longer on sale. After more phone calls and long conversations, they finally agreed to waive the delivery charge and exchange the chair. I cannot believe how terribly they treated me. Afterall, this was their mistake. They delivered the wrong item and kept refusing to admit their mistake. And they wanted to charge me more money! I was expecting someone to say they were sorry for the mistake and they would make it right, but that never happened.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Defect on leather sofa

I purchased two leather couches from these jerkoffs nice couches the brand name of the couches are simon lee well one of the couches center cushins tore away from the back support the stiching must...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - No interest for 12 months - not so

We went to the store based on the one year free financing advertisement. We then bought furniture for my daughter's apartment. The sales person was very clear about the purchase being 1 year...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - High price poor quality

In December of 2003 we replaced our 40 year old bedroom set with what appeared to be a long lasting beautiful set from Raymour & Flannigan's Quakertown PA store. The cost of the set was in the neighborhood of $5, 000, so we felt we were purchasing a quality product. In September of 2009 when we pulled out a drawer the drawer and its contents fell to the floor, this continued to happen with other drawers. We found that there was no way that we could reinsert them as their plastic track guides were broken. We contacted customer service at the purchasing store and after several months we were told we could order the plastic drawer guides. In November I ordered 30 four piece drawer guide sets from them for $74.20. In January 2010 I received 24 of one part and 26 of another but no side guides - guides were finally delivered in March 2010. However none of these parts were correct, I was told they no longer deal with this manufacture and they can only supply me with near to original parts and I will not be able to even get these in the future. It appears that I have an expensive bedroom set that will soon be unusable. I am amazed that a firm of this type would allow the firms purchasing agent to acquire these sets without checking its durability. We still have a bedroom set from my wife’s childhood that still functions perfectly.
As I am a 75 year old retired person I do not wish to throw out a $5, 000 bedroom set that I had hoped would last our remaining years.
We contacted the R&F President but he chose to not answer our letter.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Pressure sales tactic, lying

Raymour and Flanagan, a corporate culture of ripping off customers - I'd rather shop at a local business. Generally speaking I always prefer to shop at a local business. A local business is a...

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Salesman changed price 3 times

My wife and I went to the R&F Clearance Center in Bridgewater on August 1, 2010 to purchase a bedroom set, 3 box springs and 3 bed frames. We picked a bedroom set that the salesman by the name of James said was $2, 246 which included a dresser, chesser and a bed bench, while we wered looking at the other items metioned above he informed me that the chesser we had just picked out with the bedroom package had been sold and he would have to order a new one and the price went up by $300.00 then while he was taking my information he got on the phone and after hanging up said that the king bed set that was in another store had a lot of blemishes (this is a clearance center so merchandise is not perfect) and he could work out a deal on a new one for an additional $290.00 which my wife and I agreed to. We tagged all the furniture that was in the store that we would pick up and finally when we went to the counter to sign the papers I noticed the total was higher than what he had said. I questioned him and he became very nervous and started to sweat, some of the prices had changed and he said he had forgotten to add the bed bench which was included from the beginnig at the $2, 246.00 price. In total my wife and i spent almost three hours in the store and finally walked out. The price of $2, 246 had gone up by almost $800.00 and to top all this his manager which was sitting in front of us at the counter and did absolutely nothing about it and let us walk out of the store. I wasted my time and got a run around, the salesman's greed let me walk out of the store when I was willing to spend over $2, 700 on all the items I went there to buy. I have been in sales for over 30 years and if I did what this salesman did I would have been out of business long ago. I will never shop at R&F ever again and will warn everyone to be very careful if you intend to do so. I will also file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture - Bug infested dinning room set

Purchase March 2007 a 10 chair large dining room set. Paid $6800 for it. As soon as it got warm in May 2007 sawdust started to appear. I researched the dust and the holes coming from the set. Mainly from the china cabinet and server. And it turned out it was infested with Powder Post Beatles from China. I called Raymore & Flanagan and they came the next day and took it away. They treated my house for 1 year with very harsh chemicals and refunded my money. My older son got very ill from the monthly bug treatment to our home. But like everything else in this world there was not enough proof. To this day I have never purchase anything from them and tell everyone I know. They are protected by some law that you cannot sue them.
--So if you love your FAMILY you will think twice of purchasing from Raymore & Flanagan

Years ago I was given a jewelry box from Potter Barn. As it sat on my dresser I notice sawdust. I cleaned it thinking it was some lose dust from when it was made. Next day, same thing. I wrapped it in saran wrap until I could get over to Pottery Barn and the following day there were loads of worms crawling around inside the saran wrap. It was very gross.

I returned it to Pottery Barn and found out it had been made in India. The problem is everything we buy is imported and we have no clue about quality control. So sorry your son has had adverse reactions to the chemical resolution.

1  ...  5 6 7  ...  11