Having problems with SCS?

SCS Customer Service Contacts

+44 800 731 0048 (Online Sales Team)
+44 191 521 9521 (Furniture After Care)
+44 191 514 6414 (Flooring After Care)
45-49 Villiers Street
Thu9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SCS Customer Service. Initial SCS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SCS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SCS. Discuss the issues you have had with SCS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

SCSThree piece suit

I bought a threrpice suite from s c s in Gloucester and while still under guarantee the leg of the settie came off. We contacted SCS about the problem and they sent out a engineer to fix the problem. After a few weeks the same thing happened again. So we phoned scs again and tjey sent out the engineer again to fix it. Then after a few weeks same thing jsppend again so now we have a three piece suite with a house brick undet one corner of tje settie and we are waiting for the engineer to fix the problem again. Surely if the settie keeps breaking they should replace it or refund my money.

SCS3 & 2 Leather Suite Delivered on 210st October 2020

I bought this suite and was delivered on time, I have had it 4 weeks then it started sagging and the material stretching contact SCS who sent out an Expert LOL. The suite is a mess in my opinion and the report was even more laughable, why is he even in a job ??. Company man or not I have my consumer rights and this suite is not fit for purpose and if nothing is being done about as he says in his report, I will take this the whole road if 7yyou don't sort this out. I am not happy with it and should be replaced. I am well within my rights
    SO-[protected]

SCSCarpet fitting

We had a carpet fitted on the 27th October it was the wrong color and the was poorly fitted. contacted SCS and complained told it would be sorted then told I would have to wait till the correct carpet was available the 23rd of November told them it was not good service but I would have to wait also told them the carpet fitted by mistake was dangerous as it was a trip hazard.
      well on the 23rd November got the phone call told we were getting the carpet fitted on the 8th of December and would have to take the day off as they could not give a time.
      today the 5th December phone call telling me your not getting it now as they don't have the carpet and could not give me a date when this would be resolved.

Dec 02, 2020

SCS — Missold information

I had my sofa delivered this morning but the delivery men could not get the sofa through the flat door. I wa...

Nov 24, 2020

SCS — Sofa delivery

Purchased sofa 30/08/20, paid deposit, never got a receipt so I had to chase it up. We have been given 3...

SCSCarpet delivery and complaint handling

I can honestly say I have never dealt with a company who's customer service is as shocking as it is in SCS. Ordered and paid up front for a stair and landing carpet. They delivered the wrong colour TWICE. Eventually got my money back after several months of complaining to a brick wall - no response from them and no apology!! Taking it to the ombudsman now. Stay away from this utterly incompetent company

SCSFlooring

On 6th October I ordered a carpet paying £642, they said it would be delivered and fitted on 15th October, they called to change the fitting to 5th November, they called again to change to 11th November, they called again to change to 14th December, so I cancelled, the store manager said I'd be refunded in 48hrs, since then they ignore my emails and calls.

SCSCarpet

I ordered a carpet for my son to be fitted in august 2020, all good until they had my money and then I get a call to say they can't fit on the day provided as they had to order carpet in, they then provide a date in october which also got cancelled as the only fitter they have had a death in the family, now rescheduled for the 3rd time for 6th november 2020, I have asked to change the underlay to a thinner one as door will not go over it, get a call to say they will give me a £50 voucher for fitters, (carpet fitting is not free the fitters work privately so any carpets brought from scs will have to pay for fitting) then they say if fitters can't change I will have to pay more for cheaper underlay. Avoid at all costs, I wish someone had told me this before they had my money

SCSFurniture sofas kidderminster

Purchased 2 exra wide electric leather reclining chairs in june 2018. During the last few weeks when pressing the reclining button both chairs smooth reclining action is interrupted by a jolt on the footrest of the chairs and a noise of metal against metal. My husband being in his eighties me just behind him we are very concerned that the chairs may malfunction and let us down

SCSCarpet fitter

Scs carpet was being delivered and fitted and the carpet fitter offered for him to do it cheaper, he wanted £500 to pay for the carpet up front, I haven't seen him since. How come scs have untrustworthy fitters come into people's home, vulnerable elderly like me, without doing a proper check on these self employed people. I am not the only one to complain, one fitter is wanted by police for assaulting a woman. How can I get my money back without getting attacked.

Oct 21, 2020

SCS — Carpet fitting

I contacted scs in Jan 2020 repeatedly asking if someone could come and look at the lounge carpet, lock down...

SCSFaulty leather recliner and sofa

S0113-4104189 Order reference

I purchased a two seater and electric lazyboy recliner from ScS last August the leather is pealing off the recliner and starting to on the sofa. Been trying to call their aftercare number since start of August over 20 minutes wait then they hang up on you, sent fb message they said email did that they took ages to get back to me and said I now had to pay £60 engineers fee because was over 1 yr, only because how long they took to get back to me! Sent further complaint email no acknowledgment to my complaints just said the same thing they said in first email call aftercare number to pay £60 for engineer to come out!
                  I am so frustrated with this. Company!

SCS3 seater with fabric and electric recliner

Will keep it brief. Ms Patel purchased a sofa with recliners for £2230. Alot of money but according to sales man it's the best they offer in terms of quality and comfort. Ms Patel sat on the display one and within few minutes with sales man hovering over she decided to buy. She waited for a good few weeks and was delivered. The guys who brought it managed to damage 3 walls in the process. I have photos of this. The sofa was not comfortable or practical for her knees. She went back to the store to try an get this one taken back and either pick another one or cancel the order and pay what ever the store required. They basically flat refuse to do anything. We tried ringing scs and they promised to look into it. After a week they rang to say manager cannot do anything and that was it. So by any chance legally does ms Patel have any legal right to change cancel or do anything to get this sorted. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Oct 14, 2020

SCS — Sofa and carpet

jitendra pindoriya 8 the highland ha8 5he Sales Order No.: S0058-4570955 sofa Sales Order No.: S0058-4569006...

Oct 09, 2020

SCS — Incorrect dining chairs delivered

My name is Richard Snape and my customer account with ScS is: S0076-4130395. In September 2019 I bought among...

Oct 05, 2020

SCS — Teachers and classes

Why are teachers asking kids to do work that they haven't gone over. Then have the nerve to say they...

SCSFurniture

L originally in2017 brought a leather suite which was faulty had it replaced the the second leather suite was faulty had it replaced this takes to december 2019 new leather suite arrives the manual recliner archairs was julting when reclined the man that delivered it said it would wear in in june we turned chair up and found the frame had been rubbing leather and had put a hole in leather reported this to aftercare someone came and inspected it after care are now saying it can only be repaired l said l wanted it replaced but have been told if l do not gree to repair they will close case this chair was faulty when it was delivered to my house l took the word of delivery driver it would wear in aftercare say because l did not report it until june that l can only have it repaired this is third suite l have had from scs l think l should get new armchair with all the trouble over the last 3 years l also think l deserve compensation this is disgusting does not say much about furniture from scs does it please let me know the outcome of this complaint asap anything like furniture it will not be quick the suite l have now is g plan leather

SCSCarpet fitting

Did not turn up to fit carpets when I moved house meaning all upstairs furniture had to be stored downstairs for 5 days carpet cleaning downstairs had to be cancelled as it was covered with upstairs furniture and clothes I had to find alternative accommodation for my digs as there was no room for them due to furniture. I had also paid to have bedroom furniture built by the removal company (lost money) and had to rebook and pay £145 for them to return after carpets had been fitted. I sent a complaint to SCS. Someone rang and left a message after a few days but I have not been able to make contact as no response now on the phone and my emails (which I send daily) are all ignored! Their error caused me and my family a lot of distress, it is appalling! This happened a month ago so I am now trying to find alternative methods of communication until my complaint is addressed and I am reimbursed for costs caused by SCS error!

RESOLVED

Provided an apology and compensation

Jul 29, 2020

SCS — New sofas

Good Morning, My name is Mr M H Evans, Order number S0059 4335286 . I took delivery of a 3- and 4-piece...

Jul 01, 2020

SCS — Carpet

I placed order for carpet, paid in full at point of order. arranged a fitting date, 1st available date was 3...