Having problems with La-Z-Boy?

+1 800 375 6890 (Customer Service)
+1 855 802 6636 (Warranty Inquiries)
+44 162 851 3810 (United Kingdom)
+855 77 366 168 (Cambodia)
+852 23 336 281 (Hong Kong)
+62 216 667 5933 (Indonesia)
+81 453 114 001 (Japan, Yokohama)
+81 355 305 555 (Japan, Tokyo)
+81 486 226 071 (Japan, Saitama)
+81 523 835 555 (Japan, Nagoya)
+60 377 185 200 (Malaysia, Petaling Jaya)
+60 84 320 288 (Malaysia, Sarawak)
+95 19 669 545 (Myanmar)
+92 213 529 5115 (Pakistan)
+63 470 920 103 (Philippines)
+65 63 119 988 (Singapore)
+82 317 182 293 (South Korea)
+66 23 760 940 (Thailand)
+84 854 136 661 (Vietnam)
One La-Z-Boy Dr.
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The United Kingdom
Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1BU

Brunei
Regent Square, Unit 15/16/17, SPG 150, Kiulap, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam BE1518
Fax: +67 32 232 398

Cambodia
  • 314, Monivong Blvd, Chatomuk, Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
  • № A3-A5, National Road No.4, Chom Chao, Doun Koa, Phnom Pehn
Guam
177C Ilipog Drive Tamuning, Guam, 96913

Hong Kong
1-3/F, 275 Chatham Road North, Hunghom, (MTR Ho Man Tin Station Exit B1)

India

Japan
  • 3-126 Motomachi Naka-ku, Yokohama-city, Kanagawa, Japan
  • Tokyo Fashion Town Building East Wing, 3-6-11 Ariake Koto-ku, Tokyo Japan
  • 5-1555 Mihashi Nishi-ku, Saitama city, Saitama prefecture 331-8511, Japan
  • Furniture Dome Nagoya HQs 2-7 Kinjyofuto, Minato-ku, Nagoya city, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Malaysia
  • IPC Shopping Centre. Unit F3, 1st Floor, № 1 Jalan PJU 7/2, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
  • № 9-12, Ground Floor, Jalan Merdeka Barat, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Myanmar
№ 6, Shwe Mar Lar Yeikmon, Ba Yint Naung Road, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Pakistan
Showroom № 4, Plot № 16-C, 6th Com. Lane, Zamzama, D.H.A. Phase V, Karachi, Pakistan
Fax: +92 213 587 6010

South Korea
597-1 Shinhyun-ri, Ohpo-eub, Kwang-ju-city, Kyounggi-do, South Korea
Fax: +82 317 184 904

Taiwan
6F, № 23, Hsin-Hu 3RD Road, Taipei City 114, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Fax: +88 628 791 3334

Thailand
2991/12 Ladprao 101/3 Road, Klongjan, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Fax: +66 23 703 156

Vietnam
The Crescent, 109-111, Ton Dat Tien Avenue, Phu My Hung New City Centre, District 7, HCMC, Vietnam
Fax: +84 854 136 659

Complaints & Reviews

lift chair

Purchased a lift chair and still paying on it. Does not work, I have waited two and a half for service. Parts have to be ordered and have to wait another week for parts than schedule them to come back to fix. Was told it was not medical grade and I am screwed. If I had known this I would not have purchased it!!! I will not buy another piece of junk from Lazy Boy and I will make sure all my friends and family know!!! You need to either not sell lift chairs or do better service on them or tell people up front if it breaks it will be two months or longer to fix!!!

plain out lying

I Purchased a couch and two recliners on November 19. I was told that they would be delivered shortly after...

delivery

I've purchased a few things from you and had a dining table made. Well it took forever to get which is okay. I was told it would arrive at the end of October. Well I didn't hear from them and I called them and was told it's on it's way and will be there by the 31st.
Still nobody called me so I called them and it was there. We scheduled delivery for Monday November 19th. I was told someone would call me to give me a time frame but again I didn't receive a call, text or email.
I had an emergency this morning and had to leave.
The delivery guy called me and I told him I'm going to have to reschedule.
Then the dispatcher called me and told me they can't reschedule and they're so busy tomorrow won't be good and I need to call the store. Then she went off on me saying I got a text from them on Sunday. No I didn't and I was waiting all day to hear from you.
So I called the store and the manager is working with me. She's emailed the delivery service and they haven't gotten back to her yet. I was told it's going to go back to Chicago then I can schedule delivery again. This is so ridiculous and costs your company more money and it's more work.
Total craziness.
Please make sure this can be delivered to me this week.

Lori Wyman

[protected]@icloud.com

lazy boy recliner

our home had 3 lazy boy recliners when i purchased the 4th. ive been led to believe that you get what you pay for, however in less than 2 months! my $1400 recliner began to creak very loudly. i thought i had purchased the service agreement, only to find out that i only purchased for the leather to be covered ($100, along with the factory 5 years on parts). they told me that there's another $100 "transportation fee " ( less than 5 miles) to come look at it. i'm disappointed and will likely refuse to buy another, and will share my experience with anyone looking for anything from lazy boy if this continues to be handled so callus with a product having an issue after only 2 months.

poor and rude customer service and damaged furniture

I am enclosing a letter I sent to Mr. Darrow, the CEO of Lazy Boy. I received no response. The letter will explain my experience, disappointment, and frustration with this transaction. I still have not received my coffee table. This is the third! The first two were damaged as was the sofa.

Susan Dym

La-Z-Boy Corporation
1 La-Z-Boy Drive
Monroe, MI 48162

Dear Mr. Darrow,

I was a loyal La-Z-Boy customer for many years because I valued the outstanding quality of the furniture and excellent service. Sadly, and regrettably, times have changed, and I have had the ongoing and worst experience with this company since July 6, 2020, when I bought a sofa, loveseat, and lift top coffee table from your Cary, NC, store. The items were finally delivered on August 24th, and after the long wait, the sofa was delivered stained, and the coffee table, when opened, sounded like Dracula emerging from a crypt. The table was returned, and a technician eventually came to work on the sofa. First, he tried water, then used a large lint remover to no avail. Next came 409 which didn't work either. After several phone calls it was decided I would receive a new sofa which required more waiting, more phone calls, and another delivery. Mistakes happen, so I waited once again, and waited…and waited…which brings me to October. I assumed, by then, everything should have been delivered. So I called the service number and learned, to my chagrin, the order for the table was never placed. It seems the invoice stated the table was still at my house. I asked them to please get this resolved. I called to follow up, and again received the same message…the table was still at my house. It took several attempts to get this resolved. The table and sofa finally arrived on October 19th. The delivery person opened the table, and I was delighted it closed smoothly. The sofa appeared to be fine as well. He left, I opened the table to clean it, and there it was…a crack in the support block. I also saw a mark in the finish that resembled spilled nail polish remover. I immediately called service and asked them to have the delivery people return, because the driver, in conversation, mentioned they had another stop about ten minutes from my home. Service called them and said they would be back to remove the table. After waiting two hours and missing my grandson's football game, I called service again. The person I spoke to said the driver was not able to return. Did anyone have the decency to apprise me of this? So went another day and more time and phone calls. However, the best is yet to come. I called service to ensure table number three was ordered. I went through the entire story yet again. I spoke to a man named Kevin and asked if I needed to take pictures. I did, but the pictures were too large. I sent others. I called the next day and spoke to a woman named Jennifer. I once again retold the story and explained the first pictures were not good, and no one emailed about the second set. She decided they would have to send someone to my home to take them. Another day? More time, more hours on the phone??? I was angry, and justifiably so. Yes, I raised my voice because she kept making the conversation more inflammatory with her inane proposal. However, there were no expletives directed at her. Instead of handing the phone to someone more knowledgeable and skilled with customer relations (which I suggested) she yelled and hung up on me. I called Emily, a Tier 2 representative, the next day. Once again, I explained prior events and then recounted Jennifer's inappropriate behavior and how this compounded my aggravation and frustration. She listened respectfully and said she would work on the order, as did Lonnie, from the Cary store, whom I also spoke to. Emily told me if table three has problems, I can put in a refund request. Does that appease me? How could it when I have spent countless hours and energy on something which should have been a pleasurable experience? To come out of it with nothing is not the answer I want, but I also do not want more stress. Therefore, I will end this where I began: La-Z-Boy is not the company it was. The left hand does not know what the right is doing. There is no quality control and the price of the furniture does not equate with the quality. Hanging up on a patron is unacceptable under any circumstance, and more training is definitely required. I am exhausted and disgusted from this process, and I will postpone further action awaiting your response. Going to social media is certainly not my first choice, but at this point, my feeling is: Consumer Beware!

Thank you for taking the time to read and assess my concerns.

Sincerely,

Susan Dym, as was the sofa. Thank you. Susan Dym

manufacturing

This may not have anything to do with sales or a sales associate but it has to do with the manufacturers that...

New Tazewell Building, Construction

custom sofa - cushions puckered, understuffed, uneven

Ordered a Kennedy sofa in leather June 22, 2019. It was delivered in mid-August. Within a day, I realized...

reclining sofa

Purchased this in March and it was delivered in May of 2018 . In just over a year the headrest started peeling, called the warranty people, they said no, it's worn out (really!!) then spoke with Lazyboy store management who referred me to customer services (800#) I sent pics, they are not responding. I paid 3000$ for the electric sofa and 1000$ for the regular manual sofa, plus a worthless warranty 350$ . I heard that they have them made in China

new three piece suite

Good Afternoon I took delivery of my new Lazy Boy suite on the 16/8/2019 from a company called SCS who are...

reclining sofa

Same as others. Deflated cushions within a week, clunking mechanisms, foot board won't go in, angle of...

ferndale recliner

I purchased a chair thinking it was a recliner with a leg rest. When it arrived I discovered that it was designed for an ottoman which one could purchase for an additional $500.
I tried to return the chair but they told me that they would do so but would charge a 30% restocking fee. Even one their own employees told me outright that it wasn't clear from their advertising that the chair had to be purchased with the ottoman. Why would they even sell the chair separately? This will be the last time I purchase a chair from this company.
My last chair had a design flaw so that when I reclined my arms ended up crammed in two wooden troughs. I alerted them of the flaw and asked them to correct it. Instead they sent me two thin swatches of fabric which did nothing to protect my arms. Please avoid them at all costs.
Look what other consumers are saying about them on other sites. This site has inflated starred recommendations which makes me think that Lazy Boy has been writing glowing reviews of itself.

recliners broke several times repairs didn't last

I just had Comfort Care/ Lazy Boy come 2 blocks and charge me $90. to give me an estimate of at least $290...

fabric recliner and recliner sofa

I have intended to complain but now there is a serious structural problem. The arm of the sofa is about to fall off 2 years, actually earlier, later. The fabric is fraying. This is in a two senior home. Not a lot of traffic. I have had a leather playboy recliner from 1984. Great piece of furniture but needs stuffing. Disgusting, it is, to pay for a name and inferior workmanship and quality.

leighton sectional — corner has 3" shorter legs

Sales ticket #: [protected]. The 6CC653 D 160686 FN 007 LG P1 P125186 corner section, was shipped 5/31 from Siloam Springs, AR. Purchased at La-Z-Boy, 10038 Wadsworth Pkwy, Westminster, CO 80021.
The $4, 24.91 investment, after 5 days, is still worthless as the middle of the sectional is ~3 inches shorter than the 2 sides -- and our old unit was taken away.
When delivered the delivery team called the warehouse and they said "that happens all the time" and promised to order new ones. This turned out to be a lie.
Five days later NO ONE has done anything, including salesman, GM, ordering person, let alone warehouse.
Called store 3 times Mon-Wed: salesman had not heard about it and was off for 2 days; ALL managers, including the GM were out this week. Salesman called back after hours Monday night and said he would look at the problem Thursday (when factory probably is closed).
So it will be one week before there is a possibility of any action. They should take other legs off warehouse or floor model.

Note: the plastic bag the short feet were in was different than the other 3 bags -- did someone fix another order with our legs? Appears to be so.
No one is in the store who is responsible.
They took the final $4K before they would deliver so there is no leverage for performance -- they don't care at all.

leighton sectional — corner has 3" shorter legs

sofa and loveseat

Lazyboy a name I used to trust!
I truly can't believe I spent $4, 000 on a Sofa and Loveseat along with the extended warranty and today I couldn't sell it for $500.00
It has been in my home for 4 yrs and from the beginning, I have complained about sagging cushions. I had cushions replaced and it truly does not make a difference, they do the same thing. I live alone so the furniture is barely sat on. I was shocked when I started seeing spots on my "finest leather" sofa and Loveseat! I was relieved knowing I had the "extended warranty." That is until I was told they actually didn't cover peeling! What? First of all why is my finest leather peeling?
Well I have gone back and forth and truly can't listen to anymore of the blaming the customer game. I will not ever deal with Lazyboy again, a name I trusted! I have attached photos, it is pretty clear the cushions peeling are not sat on often. I'm very disappointed and hate to see someone wind up in this situation.
1) Understand what leather is. Get it in writing.
2) realize that warranty will not cover peeling
3) M y sofa and love seat has shown spots for over a year and I'm gone 4 months out of the year. It's only covered for a year.

LazyBoy

I am complaining about a la-z-boy recliner that I purchased.

I purchased a La-Z-Boy Recliner from the Spokane Warehouse on 6/13/18. I paid $895.26 cash for this recliner. Picture is included as well as the Model # is 010519.
The chair itself is fine as I thought. I believe they have a 10 day return policy.
About 10 months later I noticed when I was feeling around underneath the right arm rest, there was a tear about an inch long. I am the only one that sits in the chair and I have been home about 4 months of the entire time. So I am really wondering how long that tear has been there.
Was it there when I purchased the chair? I called the warehouse to see if I could trade it back in for another one? They said I have had it for too long. However they could repair it since I bought the warranty. They ordered new cloth for the area but since I live in another town about 30 miles away, they will charge me a delivery fee of $50 to come and repair it.
How many people, when they buy anything look and touch all around and underneath what they are purchasing.
La-Z-Boy use to be a great store to purchase household items. My last La-Z-Boy Recliner lasted over 10 years. It still was in good shape but for my birthday I thought I would treat myself to another one. Here it has been less than a year and a problem with it already.
My main complaints are that they won't work with me returning the chair and getting and new one without damage. But they will repair the one I have and yet still charge me a delivery fee of $50.
I did take a picture of the recliner on my phone but dont know how to download it to this computer. Do I have to start over again and do this on my phone?

recliners, peeling

My wife, ordered two recliners from the lazyboy company for her and myself.the chairs are nice and comfortable, but they are peeling and beginning to look like crap .does the Warranty cover this .we paid alot for these chairs and I am getting mixed answers.on the coverage.please help.i am going to wait to here from Lazyboy company, before I call the better business bureau.

Roy Jenkins,
[protected]@yahoo.com

Disappointed!
Ordered your top of line James Power Rocking Recliner April 23 2019 -
Delivered May 28 2019….Order number 87-46474

Description: P1M521-D143356 FN007 James Power Rocking Recliner

Store: LAZBOY Furniture Galleries 340 Haddonfield Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Issue: Delivered May28, on May 29th reclined to full position and lost power in the controller. Upon inspection found installation wiring was routed improperly causing the wires to pull out of junction box in full reclined position. (see photos) Called service at the Cherry Hill store they connected me to your service department and was told they couldn't provide service for 3 weeks. First open service date June 18th. (I did accept the service date until I had a chance to talk to someone …after discussing with your service department did get the date moved to June 8th (service #[protected])
Service did arrive 8 June on time Mr. Fran Tresca (Outstanding) but non of the information I provided on my service call was provided to him. Upon his troubleshooting found the wires pulled out of the control (see Photo) box but no parts provided to him so he had to order... Waited another 9 days for the new parts to arrive ... Called service today and was give a earliest date of 9 July... Complained again to service and they found an open date of 26 July that I accepted...

Here's my frustration: Waited 5 weeks for your #1 rated recliner to come in and then after issues another 3 weeks to get it serviced to have the repair man come to only order parts. Then wait another 10 days for the parts to come in so I could call service to wait another 10 days for the next service.

As a consumer in my opinion this far exceeds good customer satisfaction/ service.

Ken Counts
Address 11 Oak Lane Mt Laurel NJ 08054
Phone Cell [protected]
E-Mail [protected]@icloud.com or Kenneth.[protected]@us.af.mil

la — boy recliner

No ONE seems to be interested in this incident. SO...I'm going to say what needs to be said. I've already file a detailed description of this entire event with La-Z-Boy and the Federal Trade Commission. Nobody care about what happened. I've been "brushed-off' by both. I'm just an American consumer...and I'm not important.
La-Z-Boy...The company of liars, cheats and theives. I have filed a complaint with La-Z-Boy corporate. They refuse to correct their mistakes or honor their guarantee. I sent them everything they requested. No offer of resolution, except a 10% discount on a new product. THEY have got to be kidding. Why would I purchase anything else from them?
Also filed a compliant with the Federal Trade Commission...NO response from them, either.
Nothing but..."good ole boys:...covering the butts of..."other good ole boys"
The American consumer is always left "holding the bag of crap" from corporations who lie, cheat and committ "theift by deception"
Advising everyone I know to STAY away from the crap shoot company.
And go spend their money with Rooms To Go or Ashley and deal with sales people who tell the truth. Who sell quality products and stand behind their pledge of excellence and a guarantee of quality merchandise.
I'm going to check with my city to see if I need and/or can obtain a permit to take the CRAP chair La-Z-Boy dumped on me and go stand in front of the store and show potential customers just exactly the worthless junk the company is passing-off as "pure laether", which it is NOT. I paid for LEATHER...they delivered a cheap knock-off imitation. And I have a sales invoice to prove it. LIARS...CHEATS...THEIVES.
As far as I'm concerned, there is NO expiration date of lying, cheating and stealing.
La-Z-Boy needs to take responsibility for what they did and make it right by standing accountable for their actions.

2 electric recliners

My husband and I spent thousands of dollars to buy 2 recliners in March. They have caused both of us back and neck problems. We have full time jobs outside of the house and do not spend hours at a time sitting on the chairs. After receiving the chairs we have developed back and shoulder issue to the point where we have seen doctors, chiropractors, and massage therapy. We now have 2 large recliners sitting unused in our living room. We have tried adding pillows to help with the back support but have had no luck. I am a teacher and do not have extra money to waste on unusable furniture. We went to La-Z-Boy specifically because we thought that it was good quality furniture but we never thought that sitting in a chair would cause medical problems. I hate that we spent so much money, gave away other furniture to make room for our chairs, and now we have no where to sit! We were told that the recliners would last for years, maybe it's because you can't sit in them for very long because they have no support! I have read the return policy and although we have only had the chairs for less than 3 months, we are not able to return them or exchange for something with lumbar support-which is something we now need due to our recent back issues. Do you have any suggestions for things we can add to the furniture to make them useable?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices