Menu
Popeyes
reviews & complaints

Popeyes
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

758 complaints
46 resolved 712 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Popeyes. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
6:49 pm

Popeyes - Packaging of 6PC Wildberry Beignet

Why would Popeyes package a six piece of wildberry beignet in a bag with white powder sugar thrown on top? Popeyes has so many Different size of containers, So why throw them into a bag and throw some powder on top of that and handed to the customer? That to me is just to unsanitary besides they’re considered like donuts when I buy donuts there properly packed they are not just thrown into a bag. I paid so much money for the meal which was awesome and thank you so much for the meal being delicious but I’m so disappointed in the way I receive my dessert. If that’s the companies way of packaging the desert I suggest that you change it because with the Covid still going on I am one of those persons who do not like to eat food that is not properly packaged.

[email protected]

Desired outcome: I’m just stating that all desserts or food items should not be tossed into a paper bag it should be properly wrapped our place into a container

11:40 am

Popeyes - Cashier

I went to store#11027, i ordered a chicken sandwich with no pickles (i am allergic to pickles and other products with seeds) when i took a bite of my sandwich i had pickles...I told the cashier in english and in spanish "no pickles". When i looked at my receipt afterwards it said only pickles. I can deal with the breakout on my face from the reaction but i can not and will not deal with the cashier laughing at me after i told him i said no pickles...Even when he was telling sorry he was giggling.

10:18 am

Popeyes - The wait time and quality of food

I went to Popeyes @ 1845 Center Point Parkway Center Point Al. I waited in the drive thru line for 55 minutes. I only stay that long just to see why this line was taking so long . The lobby is always closed , if you place the order online you still have to go through the drive thru which always have cars wrapped around the building. Not because the service is that great . its because of the staff they have working. when we finally got to the window there were three employees just standing and talking at the window not doing a dam thing but gabbing while customers waiting and a lot of cars driving off. I usually don't go to this location because of the service and the lack of quality but my nephew really wanted this food. This location needs new management, or shut down the location.

2:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went to our local Popeyes for lunch. Nowhere was it posted that the dining room was closed so went through the driving thru. I ordered rice and Mac and cheese as part of my order. When I received my food there was no silverware in the bag or napkins. Also no dipping sauce. I went back and asked the employee if I could have dipping sauce, napkins and...

D

Popeyes - Poor service, the worst

I have never complained like this before. The dinning room was closed so I went through the drive in window. It took 45 minutes to reach the window. There were four cars ahead of me. I was informed that the computer had to be rebooted and it would take 45 minutes. The order was available but without the computer he couldn't ring it up. This store is on Sr 100

In Flagler Beach FL. Needless to say left without food. I went next door to a convience store. The clerk said he hears this all the time. The squawk box that orders are normally made thru, was not workig. I have been long time consumer of Popeyes for decades and enjoy the food.

Desired outcome: Orders need to be processed in a timely manner.

N
11:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I currently went to the first newly opened Popeyes in new castle pa Lawrence county. My customer number was 70 which include 2 orders of 3 pc chicken tenders. I currently hold a position in Code dept an a BCO (bldg code official) I have NVR seen employees worried about their shirt an allot of dysfunctional team, which include a manager that was not to well...

H
8:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to the following Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen; Store #11475; 3136 FM 1960; Houston, TX 77068; 281-583-1331;. My order number 604. After work, I went to this Popeyes to use my Popeye App to get the $24.99 10 PC, Bis 2LS, 5 Bis Mild. When I got to the window, I was asked by an employee without a name badge, what was the price I had because she finds 3...

3:12 pm

Popeyes - Placed an Order Online

Placed an online order to be picked up at Popeyes 14266 I-45 Houston Texas.

When I got there they said they were out of what I ordered. I said well then give me a refund and I will be on my way. He started to stutter and said he could not because I ordered online. I asked for the manager and he said he was the manager. There is no possible way that the clueless youngster I was talking to was the manager. He just left me hanging and then ignored me like I was not there. I left there very irritated and hungry and with no refund. I WILL NEVER ORDER ONLINE AGAIN AND WILL GET MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO ISSUE A FRAUD RETURN OF MY MONEY.

Desired outcome: Money Back

K
9:48 pm

Popeyes - Didn't give me my full order. Location Blueridge GA store 13939 time 8:46 pm

Did not give me my full order, waited ten mins in line for food then drove home to give food to husband and son only to find they didn't give me the main sandwich, I called manager at location within 30 mins (that was how long it took to drive from Blueridge to Ellijay ga) When I called manager he said I had to drive back round-trip 60+ mins (nearest Popeyes to us) the classic sandwich cost about $9 on top of this drink was also wrong, lid not on properly.. Manager was borderline rude as it was not possible for me to drive back for their mistake. not expecting him to deliver but at least admit you messed up and own it.

Desired outcome: refund

L
7:30 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My boyfriend and I had gone to Popeyes Chicken in Enterprise Alabama on 4/23/2022. The second shift black females are terrible! With a nasty attitude! The one ugly black female that wear glasses really has a nasty attitude! She took orders and worked at the window, she messed our order completely up! The chicken tasted old and it wasn't spicy! We ordered extra biscuits, she gave us two hard biscuits.

11:52 am

Popeyes - No Honey or Butter for biscuits???

The 2 times I've gone to your location near the Home Depot in Prescott Valley, AZ I've gotten no butter or honey for my biscuits. KFC always gives me those for their biscuits! I don't get it. I shouldn't have to remember to ask for it. I got biscuits. Give me some dang stuff for it! Or at least ask! Who wants dry biscuits? Good thing I have some leftover from my KFC visits. If KFC had better chicken I'd got there. Their sides and biscuits are good. You guys just have the better chicken. Please, please, please, give some butter and honey packets with your biscuits! Thank you.

Desired outcome: Next time I go and get biscuits, give me some butter and honey.

S
9:56 am

Popeyes - Location in Lobdell, Louisiana

I stopped by a few minutes before Noon while headed home from a business trip, obviously at this time there was a long line. When I made it to the speaker, there were 2 people talking over it and I couldn't hardly understand what was being said. I placed my order for a 2 piece dark, 2 waters and 3 beignets. I think the 2nd person was speaking to someone else and just forgot to turn her mic off honestly, but I even told them there were 2 people coming across and I couldn't understand. The girl taking the order said something about a box and I said, I want the 2 piece combo, dark. She appeared to understand me, but when she said the price I again couldn't understand because, once again, another voice was talking over her. So I wait my turn to pull up to the window and when the car ahead of me was pulling up, I saw this hand stick out the window with palm towards the car, but the car pulled on up. I have to say, I've never seen that happen before. The car ahead paid, got their order and went on their merry way. I start to pull up and I see this hand again come out with palm towards me. I pull up to the window and the girl with the long braids said, "Ma'am, I told you to wait!" I informed her that just made no sense to me. She said they were trying to prepare my chicken. I told her that was fine, I would wait right there for them to do so. Then she tells me it's $34 and some change. I asked, "$34 for 2 pieces of chicken?" She said I ordered a 10 piece. I told her that no I ordered 2 and then I heard someone in the back yelling and this girl was just... goodness, there's no words I can use for her. Anyhow, after the HORRENDOUS customer service I informed to cancel my order and to just keep the food. I then left!

Desired outcome: My desired outcome would be for y'all to hire folks with much better customer service skills.

T
9:20 am

Popeyes - Mac and cheese

Macaroni and cheese had a chemical taste, like cleaning products. We got a 12 piece tender meal with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. After a few bites of the mac and cheese, we stopped eating it. We fed it to a 15 month old as well before we discovered it. Employees should take better care of handling food with unclean hands, or unclean cooking pots, etc. Thank you.

Desired outcome: Let those who work in this restaurant know what happened and take better care to not handle food improperly. Thank you.

12:29 am

Popeyes - Employees not getting paid for hours worked!!!

April 2022

I know people who work at Popeyes in Norton in Muskegon Michigan. They have not been getting paid what they have worked. This has been going on for 2 months. I am telling everyone to get together and file a civil suit against Popeyes owner, franchise ext. Popeyes is breaking their legal contract to pay their employees for hours worked. This is ridiculous and illegal to do. There is a lawyer who has picked up this case and is working diligently on it and hopefully these hardworking people get paid for the hours they worked.

Apr 19, 2022 6:41 pm

S
12:19 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Popeyes - Not getting paid for hours worked.

Where’s the President of Popeyes at? Don’t think he’ll be happy to know employees aren’t getting paid. My daughter works at Popeyes in West Michigan and did not get paid for hours she worked. She asked other employees and they all had the same problem. Popeyes in Grand Rapids, Mi. Holland Mi and Muskegon Mi all have complained of not getting paid. What is going on? This is against the law. There is a lawyer who reached out to employees and will be pursuing this case and get everyone paid! These franchise owners shouldn’t be allowed to do this at all. It’s basically stealing from employees!

Desired outcome: Pay employees what you owe them. They worked and now you have a binding contract to pay them for those hours worked! It’s illegal not to Popeyes. Will take to a News Station.

6:18 pm

Popeyes - Nasty food

Store #5809 order #52 $25.32

Fries where old and cold, actually all the food that came out was basically cold and out of butterfly shrimp so was given a few peices of popcorn shimp. Couldn't even tell that is was a popcorn shrimp. Ordered sauces with the food and none came out in the bag. No silverware either.

Drive through cashier was very nice though.

Maura Earles

Desired outcome: Do better

R
4:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We stopped eating at KFC because they changed oil brand and the chicken is uneatable, it appears you have done the same. We ordered the classic chicken sandwich and took it back because it was soggy. They made us new ones but it still wasn't good. The color was to dark and it tasted like we were eating crayons. You took the best chicken sandwich ever and turned it into human waste.

P
2:05 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern: My cousin and I stopped at the drive thru window of the Popeye's #13298 on 28061 Hwy 28, Hazlehurst, MS on Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 8:03 PM to get a 2 piece snack box of Spicy, crispy, white meat only chicken with a biscuit and honey. We had to reorderat the window because she had gotten the order wrong at the drive up speaker...

J
7:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On April 16th 2022, I went through the drive thru at a Springfield Illinois Popeyes location. The line was all the way out in the road and everyone was waiting 15 to 20 minutes in-between orders. When it was finally my turn there was a sign on the order board stating CASH ONLY! Ofcourse I only had card, so I had to go somewhere eles to eat after waiting 45...

W
10:03 pm

Popeyes - Chicken Sandwich

I ordered 2 chicken sandwiches, frozen strawberry lemonade and mac-n-cheese. They were out of strawberry lemonade and mac-n-cheese, the chicken sandwiches had no Mayonaise or pickles. I have been a regular customer of popeyes for some time but my latest visits have been extremely disappointing that I'm considering finding another favorite. The store I'm referencing is at 3510 Telegraph Rd. in St.Louis

William Sebree