Having problems with Norton?

Norton reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2006. The latest review Poor Customer Technical Assistance was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint refund of annual subscription was resolved on Apr 10, 2020. Norton has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 329 reviews. Norton has resolved 219 complaints.

Norton Customer Service Contacts

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Norton Customer Service. Initial Norton complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Norton above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Norton. Discuss the issues you have had with Norton and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Norton Complaints & Reviews

Norton Anti - Virusfraud

I have just received a unauthorized charge of $49.99 to my credit card by Symantec's autorenewal system. Yes I had Norton a long time ago on an old machine but kept aquiring viruses so eventually had to scrap my machine and get a new one. Due to dissatisfaction with the Norton product I opted to use free programs from the internet far more suited to my computing needs.

Due to the economic situtation, my family lives within a stringent budget. The timing of this unauthorized debit to my account has accrued to my account a total of $140.00 in overdraft charges. These charges are pending at the moment and I have conacted my bank about what has happened. In response, they have offered me a contact number to Symantec to see if I can resolve the situation with them.

I called the number given by the bank and was kept on hold in excess of forty minutes. I finally gave up waiting at 9.24 pm. I will try again in the morning.

Wish me luck.

• Th
      thel Jul 07, 2014

Norton contacted every customer in 2012 or 2013 about TOS changes that there is a setting they turned on and its mentioned now on sign up about auto renew is set to active by default. they emailed you about this. They legally took the funds out, since you didn't read the new TOS when they were issued, you might not get a refund since it was legally taken with your permission. There is a line in the email that says "If you do not wish the auto renew to affect you at the end of your current subscription. Please log into your account and turn off auto renew to stop it from renewing."

Norton 360computer will not allow me to do back-up, and never finishes updates

The following is the transcription of my conversation with Norton online analyst support: Do they have anyone more fluent in English?
    My problems are not solved, and it seems my only choice is to get the measely refund offered, and go to another company for virus protection,

Spoke w/ syed
    4/18/09 12;25 am mst

Ms. Terry Eden has entered room.
    Syed has entered room.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:30:23 MDT 2009)>
    You are being transferred to Syed.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:30:29 MDT 2009)>
    Welcome to Norton Support, my name is Syed, Can I please have a minute to go through the information you have provided?

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:30:52 MDT 2009) sure!

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:32:54 MDT 2009)>
    Thanks, your case number is [protected], please write this down.

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:33:26 MDT 2009)> got it

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:33:36 MDT 2009)>
    Please don’t follow this now – but just in case we get disconnected for any reason, you can follow these instructions to reconnect to me.. You'll need to do this within a couple of minutes of being disconnected:
    Can you please make a note of these instructions.

1) Open up Internet Explorer and then go to www.norton.com/connectme
    2) Enter the [Connection Code] 299946
    3) Click on [Submit]

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:34:33 MDT 2009)> OK

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:35:01 MDT 2009)> do you want me to do this now?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:35:12 MDT 2009)> No,

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:36:42 MDT 2009)> May I confirm that yopu have slow dial up connection?

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:37:00 MDT 2009)> YES

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:37:51 MDT 2009)> I am not able to get any other type of connection at my location (mountains)

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:38:16 MDT 2009)>
    Can I put you on hold for 2 or 3 minutes while I look into this for you?

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:38:41 MDT 2009)> certainly

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:43:04 MDT 2009)> Thanks, for holding. Thsi problem is occur because you have a slow connection.

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:44:31 MDT 2009)>
    Should I change the type of protection I have for my computer?

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:44:50 MDT 2009)> I would like to stay with Norton.

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:45:21 MDT 2009)> Can I get a refund on the 300+ days I have left on my Norton 360 account?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:46:06 MDT 2009)> Please wait while I check this for you.

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:50:00 MDT 2009)> Are we still connected?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:51:12 MDT 2009)> Yes, I am pulling your records that I can help you with.

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:51:32 MDT 2009)> OK

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:55:41 MDT 2009)>
    Terry, I have pulled up your records since you have slow connection.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 22:56:47 MDT 2009)> I will make a refund for you. Is that ok with you?

Ms. Terry Eden(Fri Apr 17 23:57:31 MDT 2009)> What do you suggest I use, having a dial-up connection, instead of Norton 360?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:01:21 MDT 2009)> I will suggest you to have Norton program in your computer and i think that you are not facing this problem for the last one year.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:02:13 MDT 2009)> Since your program is downloading the critical updates and you have slow connection it is taking long time.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:02:49 MDT 2009)>
    Once the critical update is done you will not facing this problem again.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:03:19 MDT 2009)> Everything was working fine until my computer did a system restore (without my direction.)

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:03:42 MDT 2009)> My computer repair man did an update for me.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:04:04 MDT 2009)> It has not (Norton) worked corrctly since that time.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:04:37 MDT 2009)> Nor has it allowed me to do a back-up.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:05:17 MDT 2009)> It tells me to click "fix>" I do, and nothing happens.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:05:23 MDT 2009)> So, know you can do a back up. Is that correct?

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:05:45 MDT 2009)> The repairman said I had no viruses.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:05:58 MDT 2009)> I cannot do a back-up.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:06:13 MDT 2009)> Not since the computer did the system restore.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:07:30 MDT 2009)> May I confirm that the Live update has finished or not.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:08:06 MDT 2009)> It has not. It ran 24 hours a day for the past 5 days.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:10:54 MDT 2009)> Ok, I will suggest you to turn off the computer and restart and try again.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:11:46 MDT 2009)>
    I have tried that, on more than 1 occasion, with the same results.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:16:14 MDT 2009)> I will make a partial refund 58$ that is ok with you.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:17:17 MDT 2009)>
    That still does not answer my question: What other Norton product will work efficiently with a dial-up connection?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:19:01 MDT 2009)> All of the dial up Customer face the same problem.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:20:10 MDT 2009)> So, are you saying I can get no decent virus protection from Norton?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:26:31 MDT 2009)>
    No, I am saying that you will can get the latest update the thing is you have very slow Internet connection.But lot of our customer have the problem even the able to download the updates maximum 3 to 4 hrs.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:28:31 MDT 2009)>
    and is there a reason it is taking my computer more than 5 DAYS?

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:28:28 MDT 2009)>
    I will suggest you to delete all the files in Temp folder this will increase your speed and you will able to download the updates little bit faster.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:29:10 MDT 2009)> I do this 1-2 times weekly.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:30:20 MDT 2009)> No, I dont know what exactly taking you to download the updates. please delete all the file in Temp folder and Delete all the files in recycler bin.

Syed(Fri Apr 17 23:30:46 MDT 2009)> This will help you to download the updates little bit faster.

Ms. Terry Eden(Sat Apr 18 00:32:26 MDT 2009)> Tell you what - I do not feel that you are helping me at all. I will contact another Norton representative, as I do not think they want me to look to another company for virus protection (nor do I want to; especially since I have never had this problem with Norton on the past 6 years that I have been using it.)

• He
        Hepner, Gerald S. Mar 15, 2010

I have used Norton porducts since I had my first computer and even recommended the product at my work place. They have sent me a DVD to solve the problem of the computer not allowing me to use Backup and Norton will download my virus and spyware definitions regardless of what I or they do. Frankly I am at wits end on this and like alot of others will be forced to look else where for my protection. This is certainly not what I want to do but what is necessary when I am not getting the service I expect. Let's get it together Norton. The ball is your court.

Gerald S. Hepner
        252 Little Lane
        Maurertown, Va. 22644

Norton 360 Last Versiondownload loop

We order and paid with cr card Norton 360 for 3 computers. After completed the first down load the program could not erase in our computer the previous version of Norton: it entered in a continuous loop displaing this note: "Prevous programs erased, please Restart your computer". This step was automatically repeated 11 times. Finally we proceeded to make a Shut Down. Results: we lost this Norton 360 download and also the previous version of Norton, with no oportunity to repeat the download. In a fully disgust with Norton we proceed to purchase from your rival McKafee but...what hapenned? Norton blocks its downlad. Somebody shall solve this problem. We wath and await.

Norton From Symantec — unauthorized credit card charges

There had been many complaints off late on symantec norton's unauthorized debiting of consumers'...

Norton Antiviriusunauthorizedauto-renewal charge

One day, an auto-renewal charge of $42.79 popped up in my bank account. I don't remember authorizing any kind of auto-renewal on my account when I purchased virus protection last year. I'd love for someone to explain how Norton jusitifes charging almost double the NEW PRODUCT PRICE for auto-renewal? I'm made their lives easier, certainly don't waste in their manufacturing process, and require virtually NO marketing effort (I ALREADY HAVE THE SOFTWARE!), yet they feel they can take further advantage of that situation by sneaking in an auto-renewal? I'm tempted to purchase an entirely different virus protection software because of this tactic, which will make my voice heard in a much more subtle and effective way.

Also, if you should call the toll-free number on your credit /debit card statement, I hope you have speaker phone and unlimited minutes. I waited over 30 minutes to speak to a CSR. I did arrange having the charge removed -- make sure you have your email address to which the renewal was associated, or the first six and last 4 of the credit card number, or you'll be calling back. It will be 36 hours before I find out if I get my money refunded, though the CSR said the refund is now in progress.

Symantec / Norton Antiviruscharged twice

After receiving TWO different confirmations that I had renewed my Norton Antivirus subscription, I wrote and responded to their tech support four times explaining that I thought I had been charged twice, but was out of state and could not verify my concerns. I received replies to my email messages, but they did not take the steps to stop a double charge to my credit card. When I returned home this weekend, I was able to verify that I HAD been charged TWICE.

Barbara Roberts
          [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ra
              Ray Rovere Oct 09, 2008

I supposedly ordered this from Symantec Store on Sept13.However, I already have Norton AntiVirus abnd recently renewed the subscription.($46.40Sept13).Please re-imburse me for the $32.06 Cdn.

Nortonanual renewal

We just saw on our bank statement that you deducted 60, 74 Euro for a Norton Anual Renewal. We want to cancel our annual subscibtion by the 1st of april as we no longer have a regular pc, which makes the use of Norton unneccesary.
            The Credit card it was deducted from was a Master Card with card number [protected] . The card is in the name of Sunshower Productions BV. B. Goldschneider-Meijer. Address: Hobbemakade 92 hs, 1071 XR Amsterdam, Netherlands, tel:+[protected]
            Please take notice and cancel our subscibtion. The number in Great Britain it was transferred to is: [protected].
            Please send us a confirmation that the subscibtion is cancelled and return the money we paid too much to the above mentioned credit card number at bank number [protected] for Sunshowet Productions BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands at Rabobank.
            Hopefully this problem will be solved now,
            Sincerely,
            B. Goldscheider-Meijer
            Sushower Productions BV

• Da
                DavidS Jan 27, 2009

Norton's customer service team regularly leave you waiting in the phone queue for an absurd amount of time.

Lately I have been left on hold for 55 minutes and 45 minutes respectively before giving up, with the phone never having been answered.

I finally got an e-mail address to complain to and have not had a reply in more than a month, despite four e-mails.

Norton's anti-virus software seems adequate but their customer service is by far the worst I have encountered at any company. They make it extremely difficult to file complaints and they simply ignore them when they receive them.

• We
                Wendy June Cotton Jan 20, 2009

In November, 2017, I decided to install some better protection for my computer. I agreed to a Norton installation, and paid by my Mastercard credit card. This was debited to my card account on22nd November 2017, being US $53.98 (Australian $90.00)
                I have just had my computer in for a service/check up, and the technician advised me that I had no 'safety' on my computer, and no sign af any Norton Security products.
                I have now another security device installed, and would like the return of my money, namely $90 Australian.
                I shall not be reticent in informing others of my troubles.
                I am an aged pensioner, and life is hard enough without this sort of problem, and the loss of my hard saved money.

Please reply promptly,

Wendy June Cotton

Norton Annual Renewal 442076165600 Gb — unauthorized payment

i got charged an annual fee for the anti virus software and i never gave permission for this. £59.98...

Symantec / Norton Antivirussymantec uses third parties to find your new credit card numbers

Symantec uses a "billing update service" through many national banks to find out the new card numbers and expiration dates of your credit and checking account cards. Even if you have an entirely new credit card number from the one they have on file for you, if the old card is through a bank, they can find your new one and charge it without your permission if you have auto-renewal selected.

I received an auto-renewal notice saying my card on file (a card I had replaced a year ago) was expired and that I needed to provide a new card to them or risk losing protection. Well I did not want to renew, so I gave no new card. I assumed that was the end of it. A week later I received a "thank you" email from Symantec saying they have successfully charged my NEW card, that I never provided to them. I was horrified that they found out my new card number without my permission and CHARGED it.

The customer support tech (who was actually very nice) explained that Symantec uses a "billing update" service provided through major banks to find the new account information of existing customers who have "selected the convenience of auto renewal". Apparently they are so dedicated to our convenience that we don't even have to give them our credit card information. They will go out and find it.

She wouldn't elaborate, but I'm pretty sure her supervisors wouldn't let her. The old card on file was a debit card but since my checking account number is the same, they used this "service" to obtain my new card number associated with my checking account. Which means they have access to my checking account info!! I am horrified. This is the equivalent of digging through someone's garbage and stealing their information.

Needless to say, I am horrified that I was sent an email asking me to give a new card, and when I did not... they went out and hunted it down and CHARGED it without permission.

• Le
                  leftfield101010 Jul 20, 2008

Good luck with that.

• Ju
                  Judy Miles Jul 18, 2008

Renewed Nortons Anitvirus for my computer and it did all that it was to do as far as download but it keeps asking to renew my subscription will I am not happy with this I want my money returned to my checking as of tomorrow.

Norton 360 Securitycannot get subscription renewed

I have filled out the application to renew my 360 Norton security for my PC. I still have not received the download. What is worrying me now is that the credit card company asked me if I have ordered this service, apparently Norton or Symantec Store has charged to me card. I can't get into my email because I continually receive threats of disasterous PC failure if I don't act quickly. If I could get into my email I could delete most of the contents, but since I can't get in the emails ontinue to grow. I need help, I have asked for help several times, but since my email is full of blocked I can't see if any instructions have been sent. Can you give me some by phone ? This is the first time I have ever had trouble renewing my security subscription. Glenn

Nortonbilling

I have not had Norton in over two years, yet you keep billing my credit card (without my permission) for renewal. Norton does not show up on my computer, yet you want me to pay $51.99 for something I don't have and don't want. I pay $70. a year for McAfee. I want this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Dorthy Hinnant
                  [protected]@hotmail.com

• Pa
                      Pauline Pfeif Sep 11, 2008

I have been getting a notice on my computer for about a month now that my subscription was expiring. I hit renew and than it said it was renewed and nothing more needed to be done. Kept getting expiration notice so ignored it until a couple of days before it expired and renewed it again. Again it said I need to do onothing ahd then it just expired. Tried everything to get it renewed, and it looks like I have it renewed, plus another invoice that says that I have ordered the 2009 version. The order number [protected] is for 2009 version and total of $66.98. The other invoice order number [protected] is the renewal for $48.98. Please credit my account for $66.98. This has been a total nightmare trying to get it renewed, and no telephone number anywhere to talke to someone. Please respond.

Symantec Norton Internet Securityunauthorized charges

This morning I renewed my annual Norton Internet Protection service. The cost to renew is $49.99

15 minutes after renewing, I logged into my online banking & in the pending charges were 3 separate charges from Norton!

That's $109.98 more than verbally discussed.

The person that helped me was Pavankumar Munnalal Shrivastav from Symantec Support.

I spent over an hour with someone on the phone that could not correct the situation before being transferred to his supervisor that offered the same rhetoric nonsense.

Norton - Symantecunathorised credit card renewal charges

Norton have automatically taken payment £68.04 from my credit card without my authorisation. They sate this is for antivirus software but I do not require this renewal and nolonger have the computer for which I originally purchased the software.

They are fraudulently using my original purchase deatils without my authority.

A similar charge was made to my Grandfather only last month by Norton, again for a renewal that was not required and a payment that was not authorised.

Norton (Symantec) do not reply to emails raising this issue.

It is a scam, and should be illegal. But Credit Card companies insist that you pay whilst they investigate.

• Do
                          double billing Apr 01, 2010

I ordered antivirus coverage on my laptop on 2/8/10 for$49.99, It was taken out of my account at that time, on 3/8/10 another $39.99 was deducted from my account. What is this about?? Please rectify this problem. Thank You Please send reply to [email protected]

• Em
                          Emma Jeffs Feb 23, 2009

Hi Graham

It’s Emma from Symantec here, I wanted to explain what has happened with your auto-renewal payment.

When you originally subscribed to your Norton product, and registered for your Norton account, you would have left the Automatic Renewal feature enabled – this is why you have been charged with auto renewal.

Auto renewal is designed to offer our customers the conveinience of their Norton product subscription being automatically renewed at the end of the subscription period, rather than the customer having to remember to manually take action to stay protected.

Symantec will have emailed you 30 days before the payment went out and the renewal took place, letting you know the payment was due, and giving you the option to unsubscribe at that time.

Customers can also cancel their auto-renewals at any time through their Norton account. Automatic Renewal is featured as Norton’s On-going Protection, designed to make sure you are always protected from the latest threats.

If you do not want to continue with your renewed subscription, please do let me know on this forum and I will arrange for a refund and cancellation for you.

Best wishes
                          Emma

Norton Automatic Renewalkeep getting reminders authough paid annual renewal 22nd jan 2009

I have found that Norton are actually taking subscriptions twice. After not realising that by upgrading an account with a new email address, your old details are not automatically deleted/overwritten, we were paying for the old product (Norton Internet Security) and the new (Norton 360).

If users change their email address without updating details on the Norton 'My Account' page, you risk not receiving renewal warnings.

After two years of pulling my hair out, I have decided to take my money elsewhere. Maybe this will encourage Symantec to be more Sympathetic.

p.s. I should say that after an hour talking to Symantec staff in India and the USA from the UK, the staff seem OK, just let down by systems.

Good luck

Norton Securitydifficult in receiving a refund

I purchased the system yesterday for $59.99 and have spent many, many hours to try and complete their many downloads and requests and still they have not completed my installation. My reason for purchasing is that every time I went on line their advertising came up and made it difficult to continue other things on my computer. I then decided to purchase it to get rid of them but now after purchasing it they are making it VERY difficult to complete the installation. I am asking them for a refund of my $59.99 and that too they are making it very difficult. Can you help? My email is [protected]@yahoo.com
                          Connie Schulien

• Ca
                              callendar Sep 18, 2010

norton security will not leave my computer alone i am going to write to newspapers to have them investigate

• Se
                              Sears Master Card Mar 01, 2010

Tried to place an order, the password was not accepted, the order was refused... I now have a different company as security for my computer... this charge needs to be credited back to my sears master card... I thank you very much for your services...

• Pa
                              pam boultbee Mar 03, 2009

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE A RENUAL FOR NORTON [protected] I DO NOT USE IT I WAS CHARGED ON MY DEPT VISA CARD. PLEASE CREDIT TO MY VISA IMMEDIATLEY.
                              PAM BOULTBEE

Nancy J. Myers Nov 10, 2008

I have a charge on my checking account which I do not recognize for $39.95 on October 10, 2008. Please explain. And refund me the money please.
                              My email is changed to [email protected]

• Wi
                              william finnigan Aug 11, 2008

I am enrolled with earthlink and their office has told me I do ot have to renewal with Norton as Iam paying a monthly fee with earthlink which covers Norton, However Norton is requesting I renew with them for Norton service. I have not been able to find a way to contact Norton about this problem. Can you help?

Symantec Uk Nortoncharges without any reason

My lst protestain against symantec who never replyes :
                            My key products vvpfw63wvwvwk42jtytvtvfvyj7
                            Account number : [protected]
                            They are swindler or crook, and very stupid and crazy : i’ve cancelled and have not been using all your products since 2007, because norton doesn’t give me satisfaction, norton being unable to eradicate every virus that enters into my computer.
                            They stoled me, taxed me about eur 30, 12 on february 2008, so that I sent them a confirmation of my cancellation.
                            They sent me the following mail :
                            This notice is to confirm that you have elected to opt out of the automatic renewal feature for your norton antivirus subscription. as such, symantec will not automatically renew your norton antivirus product subscription.
                            Your current security protection will expire in 371 days placing you at significant risk of losing the critical internet threat protection counted on by millions of users daily.
                            Customers with up-to-date subscriptions automatically receive protection at no additional charge as they become available.
                            If you think you have received this notification in error or incorrectly cancelled the automatic renewal feature, please contact customer support.
                            And this one :
                            Dear jacques dibon,
                            As part of norton automatic renewal service, symantec has automatically renewed your subscription by charging your debit or credit card. your subscription has been extended by 12 months.
                            You enrolled in norton automatic renewal service when you purchased your product subscription. norton automatic renewal service allows you to continue using norton antivirus without interruption and helps ensure your system stays protected from the latest online threats.
                            You do not need to do anything! thank you for your purchase.
                            _
                            Invoice/order details
                            Order number: vab21817465
                            Date of order: january 16, 2009
                            Product serial number: xjrpxp7dw99r

I answered them :
                            No matter of renewing my subscritpion. I have not been using your services since more than a year. it is the 2nd time you steale me money. I have already said you that I did notwant any symantec renewals
                            You must cancel all the services I subscripted aith you 3 years ago
                            It does not matter that you make anything for me. I am now with trend micro. clear?

Please consult your files where I said you that I did not want you, last year.
                            Ii am going to make stop payment of my credit card
                            Regards
                            In spite of my correspondence protestation, they one more time stolen me eur 30.10 on february 29th

What must I do to make explain them that I do not want no more norton and symantec? and this fact since about two years and half. I demand that they return me eur 30.12 this sum appears on my account as : norton annual r gb [protected]

Regards

natures Feb 26, 2009

Symantec Generic / Nortoncharge 59.99, never got norton anti-virus

I ordered Norton anti-virus, on the web. I charged $59.99 to my credit card. Never got the Norton download. Norton did'nt have record of my order. My computor had many virus's after. I was not contacted by this company. After many emails, I still have no answers, & they have my money. How can I get a refund?

Norton 360trojan removal

what a bloody joke, My comp got a trojan which norton security let in !! an they want me to pay $99.99 US to get it fixed !!
                                even though its there anti virus that let the virus in, in the firt place . They dont realise the exchange rate to NZ Dollars !!
                                I waited over 1 hour to talk to someone who didnt want to fix the problem he just wanted the money !! what a joke you pay for protection then when it lets something in you have to pay for there malfunction !

• Bo
                                    bob w Feb 07, 2009

I have used Norton products for several years. I renewed my subscription to Norton 360 Premier Edition as a two year contract on Jan. 25, 2009. After running the latest update (I have the system set for automatic updates) the program told me that the computer was infected with a virus that needed "manual assistance" to fix. The Norton website gave me detailed instructions on what to do. After following those instructions, the virus was still detected.

I checked the Symantec website for info on the virus. The website stated that they are aware of the virus and the latest update would fix the problem. NO, IT DOES NOT.

I contacted "Customer Support" via the website. I felt like I was in a used car lot, where the person I was chatting with had only one capability. Charge me $100.00 and then send me to a technician who might fix the problem.

Where is the disconnect here?

1. Norton did not detect and remove the virus
                                    2. Norton is aware of the virus
                                    3. Norton claims the latest version of the Update will detect the virus (IT DOES NOT!!!)
                                    4. Norton tech support is a scam to collect money to fix problems that Norton is aware of and claims that their software will protect your system from

P.O.S. Anyone want to guess what I believe this product and company is?

Symantec Norton Anti Virusunauthorised payment after cancelling product

I sent an email to Symantec's subscription email address several weeks ago cancelling my Norton Anti Virus account and telling the company not to make a withdrawel from my Master card account.

I was horrified when I received an email from Symantec informing me that they had withdrawn $44.99 from my master card account this included $2.00 tax. I have tried emailing them at their subscription email address telling them to refund the amount taken from my account but the email seems to be blocked at the outbox level and wont go through. I have tried calling the company at their phone line but all that happened was that I listened to music awaiting an operator while the dollars rolled up on my phone bill. I am disgusted with this company as well as with my bank who let the payment go through after I blocked it. I am using the web address given on the letter to try and get my money refunded and stop this account for good. I feel utterly trapped into this Norton Anti Virus account which I am still not receiving even though they charged me again and my email number is still the same on my new computer. Please free me from Norton Anti Virus and Symantec. Yours hopefully. Helen Simpson.

• Co
                                      Colin Pond May 06, 2009

I have been wrongly charged for a subscription renewal to Norton Antivirus. I received an email saying my renewal was due (correct) and I paid by card. I subsequently received a further charge direwctly from Symantec for the same renewal. I have been wrongly charged £44.99 and seek reimbursement

natures Feb 26, 2009

• Li
                                      Lin DeTitta Sep 07, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I also was advised that there was a 9.95 charge if I wanted to phone and talk to anyone about it. There were 60 ahead of me for online chat help. I emailed for help and, although advised that I would receive a reply in 24 hours, at 26 hours I had no response. I sent a strong follow up email, and the problem was resolved. In the meantime, the application was prompting me to renew my subscription. An attempt to double bill? I wonder how many times a subscriber does not check her/his credit card statement and follows the prompt.

• Wi
                                      willie Aug 26, 2008

my account was automatically renewed on July 3, 2008 and my credit card was automatically charged $49.99, however, it says that my subscription has run out. I tried to verify the product subscription status to see if it is up to date and it will not let me view it. Please advise

SANDRA KNAPP Apr 04, 2008

I have a receipt from symantec for a total of $61.98 (1.99 down load, 49.99 subscription, 10.00 upgrade, dated 3/2/o8 and thei shows up on my astercard bill. I also have a $49.99 norton annual renewal. It appears you have charged my account 2 times for the same item. Please reply ASAP and credit my account ASAP. I will have to pay these charges or incur interest on my account.

Norton Automatic Renewal — not activated, yet renewed

I recieved a Norton Automatic Renewal Service pre- billing notification, on November 6 2008 at 4:30 am, On...

Rodney