Having problems with McAfee?

1800 1441 0475 (Philippines)
+1 888 847 8766 (United States)
+44 175 321 7500 (United Kingdom)
+61 386 999 200 (Australia)
+32 22 750 703 (Belgium)
+45 70 277 277 (Denmark)
+49 893 7070 (Germany)
+39 255 4171 (Italy)
+31 205 863 800 (Netherlands)
+852 28 248 811 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 987 213 (Malaysia)
+65 62 227 555 (Singapore)
+27 117 075 500 (South Africa)
+57 15 111 700 (Chile & Latin America)
2821 Mission College Blvd

Spain
Avenida de Bruselas № 22, Edificio Sauce, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
Spain

China

• SK Tower, Level 17, Unit 1703-04, № 6, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing,100022, PRC
• Room 903, Eco City 9F, 1788 West Nanjing Road, Jingan District, Shanghai 200040, China
• 3~5F, Bldg № 3, Vision Business Park, № 9, Gao Xin 9th South Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518057, China

Hong Kong
Unit 26/F, Chubb Tower, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

India

•1231, 3rd Floor, Solitaire Park Building № 12, Chakala, Opp. Hotel Mirador, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 40093
•1F Pine Valley, Sector IV, Embassy GolfLinksBusiness Park, Inner Ring Road, Domlur, Bangalore – 560071

Israel
4 Hanechoshet St., Orr Tower B, Floor 7, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel

Japan

•Shibuya Mark City West, 16/20th Fl., 1-12-1 Dougenzaka Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0043, Japan
• Kintetsu Dojima Building, 18F, 2-2-2 Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003

Malaysia
Level 28, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Singapore
10 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 2 № 06-10, Singapore 339510

South Africa
1st Floor – Wrigley Field, The Campus, 57 Sloane St., Bryanston 2021, South Africa

Taiwan
29F, № 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei 11065, Taiwan

UAE & Middle East
DIC Building № 16, Offices 137-141, Dubai - UAE

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar, Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP, CEP 05425-070, Brazil

Chile & Latin America
Av. Providencia 1760, 19th Floor, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Mexico
Av. Paseo de la Reforma № 342 Piso 25, Colonia Juárez, México DF, C.P. 06600

Complaints & Reviews

Still waiting for refund, urgent!

You took £89.99 out of my account on 31st March 2020. I did not receive an email warning about this and more importantly, I no longer use your products or have them on my laptop. I have emailed and posted on numerous occasions and am only sent a telephone to number to ring which is not accessible from my phone. I have also been asked for my email address which I have now supplied 3 times ([protected]@gmail.com).
I just want want my money back. This is the most appalling customer services I have ever encountered.
Hilary Jones

Antivirus alex parker ext 130935

Hello service manager,

Yesterday, May 04, 2020, I contacted McAffee customer support to help me reinstall McAffee AntiVirus software.

I have talked to Alex Parker ext. 130935. It was the worst service I had.

He refused to help me reinstall program with still valid subscription.
He refused to pass the call to supervisor for quick resolution. Absence of any support and lack of professional conduct from customer service force me to act.

This is way I have to move from being McAffee live customer to competition and never look back.

Antoni,

[protected]@gmail.com

You have taken £89.99 from my bank

On the 14th of April you took £89.99 from my Debit card. I informed you that this was cancelled and requested a refund. I gave you all the relevant details and i had an automated email saying a refund would arrive with 48 hours.
Well over 2 weeks have gone by and no refund and no reply to over 10 emails.
The worst customer service i have ever experienced.
I have again email you today and also copied in a friend of mine at the Daily Mail newspaper.
I do not expect you to answer this as you have ignored all my emails.
payment Reference-----Mcafee.com CS25186. Int'l [protected].

Morning Mcafee,

Are you going to reply or just carry on ignoring us.
I have now requested the £89.99 refund from you 4 times online and sent you over 10 emails and have tried to contact your office in Slough 5 times.
I have waited on the phone more that 1 hour and then you cut me off.
I have never had shocking service from any provider before.

A Very Disappointed

Ian + Niki Robertson

[protected]

Sent: 29 April 2020 14:18

Hi,

Obviously very disappointed that you have not come back to me or refunded the money you have taken from
My Debit card. This now is the 9th time of asking and I am giving you until 10am tomorrow morning to refund this or I will take this to the media.

Ian + Nicola Robertson

Sent: 28 April 2020 10:18
Importance: High

Can you please let me have a phone number in the UK I can phone as I still have not had a refund.

Sent: 27 April 2020 17:14
Importance: High

Can we please have an update on this.

Ian + Niki Robertson

Sent: 23 April 2020 19:09
To: MB Refund Email
Subject: Refund Request: Additional User Information Needed

Dear McAfee Customer,

Thank you for your refund request. To process your refund, we need some additional information to find your McAfee account. Our records indicate that the email address you provided is not associated with a current McAfee subscription.

Please reply to this email with the email address associated with your McAfee subscription.

McAfee Customer Support

As the global COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, our commitment to you remains unchanged: to protect your connected life. We appreciate your patience as we work through the necessary steps to protect our staff and communities.

antivirus unauthorised payment

I have purchased antivirus last year, the renewal cost was more than the purchase cost and when I tried for refund, the refund was not initiated rather that guy tried making transaction from my account, I got the mail from my bank, and i have to block my card for that. I have paid 3000 for the renewal.

how can they try unauthorized access to bank account ???

Bank informed me for the same that somebody tried withdrawing amount, i got a mail also

antivirus unauthorised payment

Charged unexpectedly

Yesterday I UNISTALLED the outdated antivirus from old laptop, and BOOM: charged for 99.95 EUROS.

Now I have a service request number [protected], and I have to call to USA being in Spain.

Amazing!

Trying to send back with my bank.

Unauthorised payments taken from my bank

04/03/2020 I noticed an unauthorised payment to McAfee for 89.99 from my bank account. They investigated and informed me that this is an annual charge that McAfee have been taking from my account since 2014. Payments that I have not authorised.
When McAfee customer services were contacted they were totally unhelpful. They informed me that they had been installing an anti-virus to my LENOVO PC- I have never owned a LENOVO PC or laptop. They also had a totally different email address linked to my name and bank details.
McAfee have taken unauthorised payments from my account for a number of years, which is obviously a fraudulent act, as there has clearly been no service or product provided.
McAfee customer services did not want to help, and there was a language barrier that made it very difficult to communicate my issue. They told me that they would look into my complaint and call me back within 24hours. Two weeks later...no contact from McAfee.
I have no email correspondence or account numbers as I have never authorised or agreed to a McAfee payment, and the email that they have linked to my payments is NOT my email.
My bank provided me with a reference number to quote when I contacted McAfee, but that is the only evidence I have.
How have they got my bank details, and how can they legally continue to operate in this way??
How do I proceed with my complaint to get all the money that they have taken from me refunded.
Tara

technical support

I phoned support on the 3/11/2020 in the after noon I had a few problems with my McAfee account. Iwas hacked...

Auto renewal

I did not authorise a renewal and have just realised your company has taken this for the previous 7 years for a service I haven't used. I would like you to investigate and show me written consent for this auto renewal and request a refund for charging for a service you have not supplied. I am concerned that you are unaware of this issue and that if I hadn't noticed how long this fraudulent charge would have continued. At present I can only see back to 2014 but will be contacting my bank for further details.These payments range from £64.99 to £89.99 from 2014 to 2020. I am also very annoyed with myself for not finding your mistake earlier. Please advise when and how you intend to rectify this error.
Kind regards
Julia Ellingworth

Overcharge and unaccesabiity

I have been trying for over a week now to get in touch with one of your custoemr service department regarding a significant amount taken out of my account. I paid for a yearly subscription on the 6th January and on the 25th February ninety pounds was taken out of my account.
This, along with the fact I have been unable to get in contact with anyone from both your servie and customr complaints department is disgraceful, and I will not be renewing or recommending your service to anyone.
Can you kindly rectify the mistake and refund me the ninety pounds you have wrongly taken.
I can be contacted by email as seen below:
[protected]@gmail.com

Casey Ogden

total protection

Dear McAfee,

The renewal of the above is due in April and already I have had requests to renew at a price of £64.99. The renewal does not show how many laptops this covers, I only have 2 in the household. The fee quoted is £64.99, I can see a price of £39.99 fr 5 devices on your website but this is not offered, why not? You also have a host of resellers quoting prices much lower than your own, why? If I am to renew my subscription directly with yourselves I require I much lower price than you currently quote. What can you offer?

Regards

Nigel
4 Corn Croft Lane
SN10 2FR

spoof email

I received an email which looked quite genuine & convincing and most probably would be/has been accepted my many. The address (Which luckily I checked) confirmed it was a spoof. The email sender knew that my full name & that my automatic renewal status was turned off, and these details are not on my computer... but McAfee's... so my details have been hacked at McAfee's end.
I tried to forward the email to McAfee costumer care but it was returned twice. I tried McAfee support but all their sites are down. I started a chat with a McAfee adviser, who basically didn't want to know and posted a 'Chat will end if no response withing two minutes' notice, the continue button of which was disabled so the Chat could not be prevented from expiring.
For a security firm mcafee has no means of reporting spoofs and absolutely no interest in their customers safety & seem easy to hack. One cannot escape mcafee's constant reminders & demands for renewal payments... Their interest in their clients ends there!!! A security company that has no means of reporting security breaches or zero interest in receiving such reports. Incredible!!!

Copy Paste:-
McAfee
Please be inform you that Auto-Renewal setting for your McAfee subscripton has been disabled. As such, McAfee will not renew automatically your protection and will not charge your credit card until you renew now. At expiration your device may be vulnerable to dangerous online threats unless you renew McAfee protection. Hence you are requested to purchase the McAfee Renewal from McAfee Renewal Center.

We are happy to inform you that, you have been eligible for McAfee Renewal Offer. With this limited offer you are eligible to get 24 months of free subscription with 4-Year McAfee Renewal, 18 months of free subscription with 3-Year McAfee Renewal, 10 months of free subscription with 2-Year McAfee Renewal and 4 months of free subscription with 1-Year McAfee Renewal..

To renew your McAfee Subscription with the McAfee Renewal New Year Offer please click here > McAfee Renewal Center

Regards,
McAfee® Renewal Support!

renewal

Your Reference Order # CS2467940877
Susan Cook
I may have pruchased this service in January 2019 and according to the details given by yourself my subscription is not due to end until 20 January 2020 yet I note you have charged my card £89.99 on 21 December 2019, a month early, without providing me with a reminder or anything beforehand or after. To the best of my knowledge I have not used your service and I do not intend to either. I am unhappy that you have charged me without notifying me at any point and I think it's disgusting that you have done this one month prior to the expiration. I want to have a full refund and to cancel this subscription with immediate effect. Please do this for me or advise how I go about doing so.

mcafee antivirus plus

Their software that I paid $99 for DID NOT detect a malware virus, It was detected by Malwarebytes, a free program, I contacted Mcafee and was told they would look into it, I asked why did their paid software not detect it, and was told that I should contact Apple Computer, What does Apple computer have to do with it? They could not answer why Malwarebytes detected it and they failed to. I had mcafee software a little over a month, they refused to help me any further

safe connect

On 7th November I requested a refund of £47.88 for annual subscription for safe connect as I did not want this product. My customer reference number was given and I was informed within ten working days my refund would be back into my account, account details confirmed by the telephone operator. I have since rang back every few days as the refund still has not been issued, initially the attendant explained the reference number was wrong so this was confirmed at great length and again was told I would be issued a refund within ten working days this was on the 21st November I have still not received anything. I rang back 5th December and 7th December on both occasions I was told I would be contacted by a member of management in the next 24 -48 hours, as this has now been extradited to them I still have not received any phone call and it is 9th December..

Can someone please help me with this matter
Claire Gregory

anti virus protection

09/12/2019
got email from mc afee informing me they had taken £59.99p from my bank account as auto renewal on my internet security. I do not auto renew mc afee. I only have done once many years ago. Mc afee have attempted quite suddenly to take money off a card that no longer exists. I buy my anti virus on ebay annually I have not put a copy of the email on here as it may compromise me or personal bank account/details.
There needs to be a law to stop auto renewal of products It is taking certain rights out of peoples lives.

mcafee livesafe premium

I could not install Mcafee on my brand new laptop, so i contacted the support team who arranged a call back,
The tecnition told me that he needed to access my computer to sort out my issues so i could download and use my new mcafee software and my new laptop.
with out telling me he got me to remove my window10 s off my computer so he could access my computer.
He went through a few things that i didnt understand and told me i had an issue with my firewall, he then proceeded to try and sell me two produces for 159 GBP and 179 GBP, when i said that i would make a discission in 24 hours he could not get off the phone quick enough.
Before he went he told me that he had already sorted the issue out and that i would be able to actavate and download my account. I asked him before he went how we go about putting the S part back on my windows 10. He told me it could not be done, when i asked him if that was the case why didnt he inform me before taking it off, his answer was it was my choice to let him on my computer. Then still tried to get off the phone as quick as he could.

Now i have a brand new laptop that is less than 2 hours old which now does not have the full features it should because of your agent. I have gone back through to see if I could re activate the S part of Window 10 that he turned off. but to get is back i need a new product key which costs £119.99.

Please could you contact me in 48hours with a responce and a solution.

Kind Regards

James
Now th

mcafee home computer protection

In 2009 I bought on line a one year protection for my new computer, I am not a big computer user so I wasn't going to get more cover when the year had elapsed. I used an old credit card to pay for the product, so it wasn't a card I needed to keep a check on. Over the years I have made small transactions on this card, and have paid a set amount each month I recently checked a statement and found the balance hadn't gone down as much as I had expected? I enquired about this and was told that I was subscribing to an annual cover for my computer? This is not what I purchased back in 2009? Could someone please explain to me how this happened
Regards Colin Saunders

antivirus software

McAfee anti virus came with a laptop I bought for my daughter in 2010 when she went to college. An account was created with McAfee in her name, and my credit card was billed. She subsequently recieved AV software as part of a package provided by her school, and had no need for McAfee, and we have been attempting to cancel the billing for 8 years. They have been sending auto renew updates to a dead email account, and no matter what evidence we have showing we tried to cancel, they will only cancel within 60 days of the notice. Contact with AMEX is useless, because AMEX points to the McAfee Terms of Service regarding auto renew policies, and will not stop passing the billing through even if you close your AMEX account. This appears to be legal under US law, but is clearly a type of internet fraud.

total protection.

I recently purchased McAffee Total Protection. When I tried to install it, it got so far then stopped. I then phoned the helpline. After a lengthy conversation I was told that my IP had been hacked in Japan and they could resolve the issue for £299. So, I couldn't finish the download till this sum was paid. I spoke with my ISP and there was no evidence on the line that it had been hacked. Nor unusual activity in banking or anywhere else.
Fortunately I got a refund on this product, but McAffee need to look into the practices of their support team. Where does the £299 go? McAffee or the support centre?

I will be surprised if McAffee respond as looking at the customer reviews on Amazon this is a common experience. Surely everyones computer can't be hacked or full of viruses!!

David Kirkman

• Mo
    Mountain Word Nov 18, 2019

"I then phoned the helpline. After a lengthy conversation I was told that my IP had been hacked in Japan and they could resolve the issue for £299." I am guessing you might phone the wrong line - a faked McAfee support number for fishing people like you.
    By the way, I am not from Mcafee team.

• Mo
    Mountain Word Nov 18, 2019

Sorry to hear that. "I then phoned the helpline. After a lengthy conversation I was told that my IP had been hacked in Japan and they could resolve the issue for £299."
    How did you find the helpline? If you searched the helpline from internet, you might got a fake line just want to rip you off.

antivirus for 1 year not received after payment

I paid rs 600 from my paytm wallet for 1 year antivirus for 1 device but i didn't received the antivirus. My wallet has been debited and still not received the antivirus. Kindly refund my money or give the antivirus. After the payment there was an error message and money was debited. I am dissapointed since i only use McAfee security. Kindly try to process it fast

antivirus for 1 year not received after payment

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices