Having problems with Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes Customer Service Contacts

3979 Freedom Circle, 12th Floor
Santa Clara, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Malwarebytes Customer Service. Initial Malwarebytes complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Malwarebytes above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Malwarebytes. Discuss the issues you have had with Malwarebytes and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Malwarebytes Complaints & Reviews

MalwarebytesPrivacy VPN

Spent two hours on the afternoon of 1st Feb attempting to add Privacy to my existing licence. I had a week's free trial of this VPN and the software has been nagging me to "Buy Now" for the last six days. When I tried to do so I was unable to complete the transaction. After clicking the Buy Now button I was presented with a blank screen when then hung indefinitely. The support staff were polite but had no idea how to resolve the problem.

MalwarebytesWas charged without authorization

Dec 14th, 2020
    Order Details
    Reference # [protected]
    Payment Information
    We received your 2, 013.13 MXN payment (PayPal) for order [protected].

The charge on your bank statement will appear as 2co.com*Malwarebytes. Avangate BV dba 2Checkout acts as an authorized reseller of Malwarebytes online products and services.

Billing Information
    Stephany Rodriguez Barrios
    Ordered item(s) Unit Price Total
    Malwarebytes Premium + Privacy
    ( 5 Devices, 1 Year Subscription) 2, 013.13 MXN 2, 013.13 MXN
    Sales Tax / VAT 0.00 MXN
    Grand Total 2, 013.13 MXN

I am requesting a refund for malwarebytes.com purchase (Order #[protected]) as i was only in the checkout page looking at the price when i decided not to go through with it because it is too much for my budget, so i clicked "back" on the browser but i was charged instead, as if i had selected "accept" or "continue"

• Malwarebytes's response · Jan 11, 2021

Hi Stephany. Thank you for getting in touch through Complaints Board. Please in the future, for any refund requests contact our support team directly on support.malwarebytes.com, as they will be able to refund you right away.

There's no possibility for our system to process payments without a customer actively putting in credit card or other payment information, clicking "next "and then "Placing Order". Payment only goes through when both buttons are clicked.

The order was blocked by our payment provider on the same day as it was processed, and a refund was processed by them right away.
        You should have the refunded charge on your account already.

If you haven't received it, please contact our support team on support.malwarebytes.com.

Thank you.

MalwarebytesFail to refund their customers as promised

I bought Malwarebytes for Windows on June 29, 2020 thru Paypal Canada for one year's subscription at USD 51.99. The sale term contains a 60 days refund policy.

I have been requesting Malwarebytes to refund my subscription license for the past 7 days via their website. The only response I received was that their customer service is going to contact me. Unfortunately no one in Malwarebytes has ever contacted me. Now the 60 days refund period is expiring on August 29, 2020.

It's obvious to me that Malwarebutes are deliberately avoiding refund their customers.

• Updated by Stephen So · Aug 25, 2020

The above complaint received almost immediate attention from Malwarebytes.
          The issue was resolved within the next 2 hours after this complaint was posted here
          and in my Facebook. Thanks Marc from Malwarebytes to provide a very
          satisfying solution to my issue.

• Malwarebytes's response · Sep 22, 2020

Hi Stephen. Thanks for updating us on the situation. I'm very happy my colleague was able to help out!

MalwarebytesUnauthorised credit card charges

I have already complained about this, and have received a reply form Malwarebytes on 22nd June. However, I am unable to take the action requested using support.malwarebytes.com as I had already closed my account on 18ty June, so am replying to the comments here. My account was in the name of Josephine Goss, and the Premium Removal notification was B943BBD76C. The Premium Order Reference Number was Reference #[protected]. I sent several emails to [protected]@mail.malwarebytes.com, but although the emails were confirmed as having been delivered to that address it would appear that they were never read. I sent another email providing the information given here to that same email address. Again I have received no reply. I have also sent a letter to your office in Cork, Ireland, with an attachment containing the information given here. I do hope this matter can now be resolved

• Updated by Jo Goss · Jun 25, 2020

It has now been resolved. Thank you very much.

MalwarebytesUnauthorised credit card charges.

On 14th may I received an email advising me that my subscription would automatically be renewed. I emailed their help line immediately to tell them that I no longer had the computer as it had an unresolvable virus, and therefor no longer needed malware. I received no reply, so emailed again on 15th may asking for confirmation. Still no reply, so I cancelled my account on 18th may and emailed them to check that the payment would be cancelled. Still no reply, so I contacted my credit card company who put a block on payments. However, on 13th june I received an email from malwarebytes advising me that the payment of £29.99 gbp had been taken from my account. I contacted mbna on saturday 13th june, who confirmed that somehow the company had managed to take a payment despite the block. Their disputes team do not work on saturday so I have to contact hem again today.

• Malwarebytes's response · Jun 22, 2020

Hi Jo. Thanks for your complaint. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a satisfactory experience with our billing department. I'd like to take this up with our management to have a look at what went wrong in the process. No worries, I'm positive we'll be able to help out with this.
              As I can't see a ticket with the name "Jo Goss", could you get in contact with us on support.malwarebytes.com and mention "Complaints" in the subject line? I'll take responsibility for handling your issue myself. Thanks a lot!

Jun 04, 2020

Malwarebytes — Premium billing issue

In May of 2020 I received a notice from Malwarebytes that my subscription for a year was going to expire on...

MalwarebytesSecurity software

Dear Sir / Madam

I have been a customer for a few years. No issues with the product supplied. I increased from 1 device to 2 devices a few weeks ago and paid twice. Now have security for 3 devices (but only have 2) and so I just want a refund.

Ticket 3018641 2nd May with response dated 11th May. I replied but no response since.

I am complaining because I am not receiving any replies to my e-mails. I was hopeful when I received a response on 11th May but nothing since.

I use malware on my old Dell laptop. I bought a new laptop this week and wanted to add Malware security. And so today, I downloaded the software but somehow have managed to pay twice - not sure how I did that.
            Reference order [protected] - £13.22 (2 devices - 1 year)
            Reference order [protected] - £10.00 (3 devices - 1 year)
            I only need 2 devices for 1 year - can you please refund [protected] as I only have 2 devices

• Malwarebytes's response · May 25, 2020

Hi Jackie. Thanks for your complaint. I had a look on our support system and I can see you were already in contact with our support team. They have no problem refunding you your money, but as informed, unfortunately we currently can't only refund the upgrades, which means that the whole order needs to be refunded. This process is something we're trying to improve, by discussing this with our E-Commerce partner. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please continue to work with our support team, I'm positive we'll be able to work this out!

MalwarebytesPremium account

Hello,

After having used the program for 2 years, I renewed my license more than a week ago; I payed 25, 95 euro to 2CO.com, an authorized reseller(on the 27th of march, confirmed by my bank). However, at MWB, they don't see a payment to them and they ask for a reference nr from the reseller. It's been more than a week now (my license ends thursday) and the reseller doesn't even answer my questions, but keeps sending the same mail, telling me to contact MWB (they just ignore my explicite questions "did you get my payment?" and "send me that reference nr")! This is far from a correct way to handle things, and I'm really fedup now with this catch22 situation! This will definitely be the last time I'll use this program!

• Malwarebytes's response · May 25, 2020

Hi Michael. Thanks for your complaint. If you have any issues in the future with our program, or with your billing, please get in contact with us directly on support.malwarebytes.com. We have a great live chat team available for any questions. Your payment and subscription shows up in our system and you're all ready to go, but let us know if there's anything we can help out with. Thank you!

MalwarebytesSubscription to malware.

$26.60 was charged to my Visa - Chase card without my accepting or acknowledging such charge. The computer that was supposedly emailed to is no longer being used, is no longer in service. I want the subscription cancelled and the $26, 60 to my credit card. For contact email [protected]@gmail.com. Thank you. The request to make my complaint longer is utterly ridiculous. It is alll contained in this one paragraph. Why make it longer and perhaps more confusing. I want the subscription cancelled and the credit card refunded. Inasmuch as it has already been paid, Ii would like a refund check. Thank you.

• Malwarebytes's response · Nov 05, 2019

Hi Nancy. Thank you for reaching out to us through Complaints Board. I have assigned a support agent to your case and I can see they have already sent you an email. You can keep communicating with them through email and I'm positive things will be resolved. Thank you!

MalwarebytesMalwarebytes re "your premium trial expired" notices

Please stop Malwarebytes pop up screens popping up every time i start my pc? This has been going on for weeks even though I don't want the product. Today I can't even delete the "Your Premium Trial expired" pop up screen, very frustrating!!! I don't want Malwarebytes on my pc.

I would hope that even automated systems would recognise that the sales pitch was not working after constant deleting of pop ups. This is not a judgement on the product, I just don't want it on my machine or popping up every time I log in. I don't think a 350 character message is needed to strengthen or clarify my request but hopefully this satisfies complaint system requirements. Gordon Hooper

• Malwarebytes's response · Sep 10, 2019

Hi Gordon. Thanks for your message. Normally these trial notifications shouldn't popup all the time, it should revert to the free version automatically when the trial is over. It looks like something is stuck. The best thing to do, is open Malwarebytes and guide to settings -> account settings. You can click on Deactivate Trial and it will manually change to the free version then.
                      If you do still experience issues afterwards, please let us know on support.malwarebytes.com and mention your Complaints Board complaint.
                      Thank you!

MalwarebytesUnauthorized credit card charges

Money was drawn from my account twice for my Malwarebytes antivirus program. When money is drawn from my account, I get an SMS. I renewed my Malwarebytes contract and it seems I was charged twice. Once by Cleverbridge.net and a second time by posinternational. both amounts are R 324.38
                    I'm sure this was an error. Please ask one of them to refund one of the amounts immediately.

• Malwarebytes's response · Jul 30, 2019

Hi Charl! Our support team can definitely have a look into this. Can you contact them directly on support.malwarebytes.com?

Thanks!

MalwarebytesMalwarebytes anti-malware premium auto update

At around 5 minutes past midnight 07 July 2019 a "free update to latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware" (which sometimes happens) to which I wasn't overly concerned as my laptop had a Malwarebytes licence that 'never expires'. After installation, the 'update' turns out to be a 14 day trial of 'Premium' and my 'never expire' licence was removed. This appears to be a really sneaky underhanded way for 'Malwarebytes' in attempting to generate revenue. Require reinstatement of the 'never expire' licence even if this requires going back to the previous version prior to this update!

• Malwarebytes's response · Jul 09, 2019

Hi there. Thanks for your complaint. We are aware of issues with the update and we are currently working on it. If you have a valid Lifetime License Key, you can contact us on support.malwarebytes.com and have the seat count reset, so you can activate Premium in your trial program again. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but we're working hard to help our customers to resolve this. Thank you!

• Updated by PiCol · Jul 15, 2019

Although Malwarebytes Customer Care have advised they are aware of issues with latest update and are working on it, request they should also restore my 'never expire' licence! As it was automatically removed during software update, correspondingly it should be automatically reinstated!

• Malwarebytes's response · Jul 30, 2019

Hi there. As mentioned in our previous post, if you have a valid Lifetime License, we will uphold it, as that's in our license agreement. You can simply get in contact with our support team on support.malwarebytes.com.

Thank you!

• Nc
                          ncdave Jul 20, 2019

Me too! I have a PAID LEGAL LIFETIME LICENSE for Malwarebytes and they tricked me into trying their FREE Premium Version for 14 days and now I'VE LOST MY LIFETIME LICENSE and only have the limited Free version.

This is slimy beyond belief and certainly not the type of trick you'd expect from a reputable company. "Mistakes happen?" I think not.

Malwarebytes was supposed to PROTECT ME FROM TRICKSTERS AND SCAMMERS, not turn into one.

If Malwarebyes doesn't fix this issue, I WILL NEVER PAY THEM FOR THE PREMIUM VERSION. I'll go somewhere else for virus protection.

MalwarebytesVirus software

I called the customer help line twice on 5-28-19, around 5:15 PM EDT, and the customer service rep hung up on me each time. He had a heavy accent & told me I was wasting his time.
                        He told me that a "lifetime license" only lasted 5 yrs. When I asked if he understood what lifetime meant, he said it meant five years. He further stated that he wished my
                        "lifetime warrenty" was only five years.
                        I tried to explain that my warrenty was over five years old and during that period, it covered my two computers, laptop & desktop. Due to a hardware problem, I had to rebuild the laptiop. After it was re-built, I was unable to reload Malwarebytes. I kept being told I could only cover one device. I don't understand why I had a contract from over 5 yrs. ago that covered two devices and apparently the terms have since changed. I don't understand how the terms of a 5 yr+ contract can be retroactively changed. Can anyone help with my immediate problem & with your poor customer service.

• Malwarebytes's response · Jun 11, 2019

Hi Jack! Thanks for reporting this to us. I'm sorry to hear that you did go through all that, as it does seem that you weren't talking to one of our customer service reps, as we don't have phone support at the moment. It looks like you were talking to someone pretending to be our company, it's unfortunately something that does happen more often. I do want to make sure that the phone number you called gets reported as scam, and next to that, I would like to have someone reach out to you from our customer support team. If you could go to our website malwarebytes.com and click on Support in the top right. It will bring you to our support page. No worries, you don't have to login, just scroll down until you see the support form. If you could copy and paste this post into there with your contact details, we'll have someone reach out to you. If you'd like, you could mention Complaints board and ask for the Reviews agent to further handle it.

Thank you and looking forward hearing from you!

I would love to ask for your email address and handle it right away, but unfortunately these scamming companies do search these complaint boards and our social media for any personal information.

MalwarebytesMalwarebytes on my personal laptop computer

Daily scheduled scans are in early morning like 2am.
                          The issue is it goes on everytime I get on my laptop and is a pain. Everytime I use my laptop a scan starts and is very interruptive so much. It happens multiple times every day.
                          Resolution? Make the scan start at the scheduled time in early morning. It should be an easy problem for your company to solve.

John Mancini
                          [protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by John Mancini · May 17, 2019

Please fix it because it sure is aggravating.

• Malwarebytes's response · May 20, 2019

Hi John. Thanks for sharing this with us. I have assigned a support agent to your case and she should have sent you an email to try and resolve this. You can keep on communicating with her. Thank you!

MalwarebytesBilling

Last year, I sent two emails to malwarebytes, stating that I did not wish to continue my subscription for that service.in my last credit card statement, I find I have been billed the sum of $29.95 for purchases from malwarebytes! Pleas note! I do not wish to subscribe to malwarebytes, and ask that the said sum of $29.95 be refunded to my account at your earliest convenience!

• Malwarebytes's response · Mar 28, 2019

Hi Paul,

My name is Tjitske and I'm from Malwarebytes Consumer Support. I will be helping you with your complaint .

I understand that you cancelled your subscription last year, but you still got charged. I'm sorry to hear that, I will help you out with that right away!

I had a look at your account, and I can see that even though the refund was processed last year, it looks like the subscription renewal wasn't switched off. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

I have made sure that subscription is fully cancelled right now so you won't find any future charges on that account, and refunded you the last charge, which you will receive within 5-7 working days.

I hope this helps. But if you have any other questions or difficulties, please let me know by replying to this email.

Have a lovely day!

Warm regards,

MalwarebytesUnethical business tactic

I recently received an Email from Cleverbridge announcing my "order", which I neither knew existed nor authorized, along with an attached Invoice in .pdf format.

I DO NOT have Malwarebytes installed on my PC. If I ever did, it would have only been an evaluation copy. Additionally, since being notified, I have disabled the auto-renewal status with Cleverbridge.

I will NOT support companies such as yours with this type of highly unethical subscription renewal policy. I demand a refund of the amount that was charged to my PayPal account. Your support pages state that a refund is permitted within 30-days of a renewal. Web research has yielded numerous reports of this type of unethical business tactic and I refuse to support companies who practice it.

Please process my refund request and notify me when it is done, AND remove any records of me from your billing vendor Cleverbridge.

• Malwarebytes's response · Mar 06, 2019

Hi Vic. Thank you for leaving us this complaint. We sell our License Keys with automatically renewing subscription, which can be cancelled at any time by contacting our customer support team. I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with this arrangement, but we'll do our best to help out with any cancelling and refunding of your subscription. We will send you a private message on this platform, if you could give us your email address and we shall pass it on to our support team to help out. Thank you and have a lovely day!

MalwarebytesUnwarranted billing

I have the free version of Malwarebytes. When I log onto my computer I constantly get reminders asking me to install the updated version. I have never said yes, and I have consistently either "x"ed the notice out, or said no. Yet my American Express bill shows a charge for Malwarebytes of $42.49 posted on Feb. 3, 2019. I have not signed up for the updated service, nor have I any intention of doing so. And had I done so I should not be receiving the constant reminder notices when I log on. So I believe this charge is inaccurate, and want it removed. I am notifying American Express of this and am starting a disputed charge procedure with them

• Malwarebytes's response · Feb 20, 2019

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to us on Complaints board. I'm sorry to hear that you've had these issues, but we're here to help. I would like to have our billing team help you out with this issue, they will be able to refund you any charges that you saw on your card. If you could get in contact with us through our support page here support.malwarebytes.com, we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

MalwarebytesMalwarebytes premium

Where ever I go on my pc the malwarebytes warning comes up... I have removed program and re-installed it... Does not help!!! It is slowing down my computer and in a matter of 5 minutes it says I have over 300 pups... I cannot corrrect it and your help is no where to be found... I am paid to 10/31/19... Id # cbc3f-26gz4-cb6jd - 8grh5... And I want a partial refund... Will be informing pay-pal I am not renewing if you do not correct this issue... Carolyn edvin... E-mail [protected]@aol.com

• Malwarebytes's response · Feb 20, 2019

Hi Carolyn. Thank you for reaching out on Complaints Board and I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue. I can see you already reached out to us through our ticketing system and that Maurice is currently in conversation with you to try and resolve the issue with you. I'm positive he will be able to help you out with this issue.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

MalwarebytesFree version of anti-malware software

I want to warn customers whom it may concern about selecting the ~ Nov. 2018 "UPDATE" for their FREE version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software. Be prepared for the company to deceptively wrest control away from your PC's Windows Defender (main firewall) and to reset all your previous settings per manual and periodic use of Malwarebytes.

I have used this free software for several years and want nothing more to do with this company... EVER. The insidious deception involves leading diligent PC customers to intuitively believe they need an update. After all, what could be more critical online these days than to be running the latest, most secure updates of malware & virus protection?

WRONG! Malwarebytes wasted over an hour of my time (not including these communications to warn others) investigating why my trusted Windows Defender shield icon with reassuring green checkmark had disappeared from my Win10 Taskbar, then having to do troubleshooting web searches, then REMOVING Malwarebytes from Programs and Features FOREVER, then having to restore my settings, all the while compelled to restart my laptop a couple times, not knowing why there had been a red X-mark in my Defender shield icon (when it finally did reappear!). NEVER AGAIN! Windows Defender and/or Avast is all I need. Buh-bye Malwarebytes trash... And good riddance!

Malwarebytes — Malwarebytes premium

I was on mozilla firefox and selected a story (clicked on) which when it opened the tab it came up with...

Weston