Having problems with Norton?

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

Complaints & Reviews

Unwanted Norton Antivirus annual renewal - REFUND

I have just picked up a history of debits from my account to you for Norton Anti Virus dating back to 2014 (it may go further but my on-line banking only has this much data available). The amount starts at £64.99 and goes up to £89.99 this year. I do not recall purchasing the "Premium" Norton package that costs this much - why would I want to protect 10 devices when I only own one laptop!

I wish to claim for a refund - I have not, as far as I am aware been using the Norton system in recent years and certainly never signed up to a premium account.

Many thanks,

Andrew

[Resolved] refund of annual subscription

I had clearly marked "OFF" for the annual renewal option of my subscription to Norton Security...

unauthorised transaction from my bank

For the past week I have been receiving pop ups saying that I must renew my account immediatly! When I have looked on my account I have seen that I am covered for 3 devices until 1st may 2020. I saw that the cost of renewal was $89.99 for these 3 devices (even though I have 1 device).

I went on my account yesterday (08/04/2020) and updated my card details and then found you have taken $189 dollars from my account!! Imagaine my shock and horror to find that I am now left $100 short for the fortnight, my food money in your pocket without my consent.

I demand that you refund this amount immediately or I will be making contact with the ombudsman and you will be fined for swindling money from my account.

I have one device, I have previously purchased cover for 3 devices, you will note on my account I have been buying norton products for many years, always buying to cover 3 devices. Why did you think I wanted to suddenly cover 5 devices. I have been using norton sincre 2009, each year purchasing 3 licences.

Fix the problem

Regards

Patricia simmons
26 kiandra street,
Mornington
Phone: [protected]

antivirus

Hi,
I am asking if you would be kind enough to clarify and confirm some of my concerns I have with the Norton anti virus currently installed on my laptop.

Recently I was a victim of a scam concerning a company called IBX Web Solutions. I am sure you have heard of this but basically you receive a call claiming to be from Amazon and asking if you are aware of a Mr Thompson trying to buy a smartphone with your details. IBX then ask you to do some commands on your PC which then enables them to take control of your laptop remotely. Prior to this I was using AVG virus protection and had no problem. IBX then claimed my AVG was not compatible with windows 10 which is a lie. They then installed Norton antivirus. I don't know what version and maybe you can tell me. When I click on the Norton icon on my desktop it says the following:-

Version 22.20.1.69

Serial No. GJKVGGDBMHYM

Endpoint ID F7E790CA-4F67-42C7-B2B4-14DB00295825

I was very fortunate that the money I paid to IBX web solutions was refunded in full. My main concern now is that I have your antivirus installed and I haven't paid for it. What happens now?

My paid version of AVG expires in June this year and I am looking at getting a new antivirus and was looking at the Norton 360 but haven't decided yet. There is one annoying aspect with the Norton antivirus I have installed and that is when I go on to a well known website, BBC for example I get a warning saying 'you attempted to access https://go.bonefreeze.com/style.css'. Then when I try again it's OK. So annoying as I never had the problem with AVG. Perhaps you can tell me why this is happening and if it can be resolved.

Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Leonard

renewal norton internet security

I complained over the phone about this time last year about being automatically charged £70 for Norton when it was available for £25 in the shops. I wanted a partial refund and asked for my renewal to be cancelled.

I was expecting a call back but never got one!

Now I have been charged £70 again!

I'm furious.

Richard Woollin.

[protected]@msn.com

[protected]

• Norton's response · Feb 25, 2020

Sorry about the trouble. Please remove your personal information from this public post.

I checked your case details and there was no call back mentioned. Please reach back to our phone support. We can definitely help you get this sorted out.

Norton Support

failure to provide a proper complaints forum

I let norton 369 coverage expire because I wanted to compare their coverage and fees against other internet companies providing the same service. I contacted norton on several accasions about not being able to access a suitable helpline, but norton shoved me left, right and centre to avoid answering my queries!! I had been with norton for the last 5-6 years, and although I was satisfied in the main about their overall services, I was just comnparing services but was ignored and/or sidelined by sophisticated means!! Not good enough norton!!

• Updated by Chirstopher Wayne Casey · Feb 16, 2020

After money are we???

• Norton's response · Feb 25, 2020

Sorry about the trouble you had in contacting our support. You can find our support options here: www.norton.com/contactcs. Do let me know if you need any help in renewing your Norton. We can help.

Norton Support

unethical practice and unauthorized credit card charges.

Last year it came to my notice that although Norton were taking a recurrent payment from my credit card, I was no longer receiving notifications or updates and hadn't done so for several years.

This year on 08/01/2020 I phoned Norton and inquired as to the status of my account.
I was totally mystified when MaryLin told me there was no trace of me or my email address. She then transferred me to Roshan to deal with the problem. He assured me he would investigate and no further payment would be taken from my credit card.
I also advised me credit card provider, M and S Bank, that no further payments should be taken.
However, the following week Norton took £69.99 from my credit card.

My son also previously used to protect his computer and email address with Norton but chose not to renew his account and let it expire in 2016.
He also acquired a new email account and his yahoo email became defunct although he checks it occasionally.
When I told my son about the problems I have with Norton, he checked his defunct email address and was amazed to find Norton had renewed his expired account and defunct email BUT had charged me. NEITHER MY SON OR I HAVE EVER ASKED FOR OR SANCTIONED THIS ARRANGEMENT.

I contacted Norton on the live chat line, firstly talking to Aasim and then Mohammed having been cut off initially.
I gave Mohammed the order number AP1301250735 which was on the email sent to my son's defunct email address and Mohammed confirmed I was being charged to protect the defunct account which my son did not renew in 2016.

In summary I believe Norton should repay MasterCard/ M and S Bank £69.99 taken on 12/01/2020.

I also believe I should be repaid £64.99 taken on 18/01/2019 (AP258032856 and £59.99 taken on 18/01/2018 (AP251857744)

Clearly my trust and confidence in Norton is completely shattered and I want this matter resolved . After that I want no further contact or business dealings with Norton.

From J Hooper
[protected]@yahoo.co

• Norton's response · Feb 25, 2020

Sorry about the confusion. It seems like you have several Norton products under different email addresses. We do not have an option to track those. You can always login to your Norton account and check if you have automatic renewal enable. If you need any help, do let me know. Glad to help.

• Updated by J Hooper · Feb 26, 2020

Raj,

Please be aware that I have ONE email address and your staff could not trace it until I started my investigations as to what your company were supposedly protecting for me.

Please deal with this matter for me.
    I suggest you cancel my alleged account with you and repay the money your company has taken and advise me when this has been done so I can disassociate myself from Norton.

Jacqueline

iphone

Dear Norton,

I am emailing about the security on my iPhone device that was actually not secure.

Due to hacking problems on my iPhone whilst in Hong Kong, I purchased a new iPhone and made sure it had security and saw your reviythst you were a good company.

I purchased an annual Norton protection which was effective but only for a few months after which I noticed anything I did on my iPhone could be seen by the public. The advisor was not very helpful when I made a complaint about it a few months ago. I am now back in the UK and again the Norton security I paid for is not effective.

I have not downloaded any apps on my new iPhone and have only used broadband in Hong Kong from HKT and Sky from UK. I still had problems with the device even when not on internet.

I would like to know why this is since I have paid for this service? I would also, like it resolved so that my device is private and not subject to evesdropping etc. Or would like my money back since I am not receiving the proper service.

Please could this be looked into and resolved.

Kind Regards

Kecia
Email: [protected]@icloud.com

• Norton's response · Feb 07, 2020

Sorry about the trouble. Please remove your personal details (email address) from this public post. Reach out to our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We can collect more details and help.

Norton Support

[Resolved] norton set up online helpline

Hello,
I was having trouble installing my Norton service on my computer 1/17/2020 PM so I called the helpline number that came up on the screen.

The representative I spoke with (from India) was very condescending and disrespectful so much so that I am considering terminating my newly activated subscription with Norton. This man has NO idea how to speak to a customer and definitely has NO business being employed as a customer service representative for any company!

Keith Scotland
Order # NP1300542221

• Norton's response · Jan 20, 2020

Sorry about the trouble. I couldn't see any recent contacts. Seems like you might have contacted a third party support. If you have a case reference number, let us know. If you still looking for help in installing Norton, you can try following the steps mentioned here: www.norton.com/install. You can also contact our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs.

[Resolved] norton antivirus

I have been a customer of Norton for 9 years. Last year I had a problem with my computer and was trying to get a download of my Norton product and inadvertently purchased a second subscription. I only became aware of the problem this year when I received a renewal for two subscriptions. One subscription covers 10 devices so the three devices that I have would not have needed 2 subscriptions. I explained this to Norton and they said too bad you should not have ordered 2 subscriptions . Instead of refunding me for the old subscription I did not need and the 2nd unneeded renewal subscription They kept telling me the same horse crap that their hands were tied . When I asked for the issue to be escalated The customer service rep. said He was the end of the line for customer support. I did not write down his name but I am pretty sure he was not the CEO of Norton!LOL!
I did cancel my service for both subscriptions and made them issue a refund. A total shame on Norton that for 9 years their product was a good product only to be ruined by some incredibly piss poor customer service from India! The total shame of it is how short sighted that is. Now I am not using them and I highly recommend No one else does either. I am also checking to see if any of my 401k money is being invested in Norton or Lifelock! Will be changing that if it is the case. Shame on you short sighted Norton customer service . No more money from me! I want to make sure you are able to contact me . I see how the responses are "could not contact the customer so this complaint is annulled" My contact is Jim [protected]@live.com or [protected]

• Norton's response · Jan 20, 2020

Sorry about the trouble. We request you to remove your personal information from this public post. Could you help us with your case reference number? We can check this further for you.

[Resolved] norton 360

I was running Windows 7 on a HP Pavillion G6. I've always liked Windows 7 and was in no hurry to fix what wasn't broken. I was hwoever running into memory issues plus a nom support issue in the near future by Microsoft so I had to have a strategy going forward. First increase my operating memory which I did and everything was fine, then to make sure my system was protecteded if I still had Win 7 at the end of January 2020. (I'm on Holidays for the month of January) My plans were to assess and decide on equipment and software or both now or later if need be. I decided to download the Norton 360 product and buy a little time if I needed it. When I loaded the software I rebooted my system because its normal to do that. My system would not restart, not even in safe mode. All my files on that Windows 7 hard drive are no longer available. I pulled out the drive and installed a new SSD drive loaded Windows 10 and Norton 360. System runs fine but without my stuff. My thoughts were without a computer I was dead in the water. I contacted Norton to recover my files and their response was it's a Microsoft issue. Needless to say I'm not pleased with Norton. I believe the original download caused the problem and there response was please just go away.
#[protected]

• Norton's response · Jan 20, 2020

Sorry about the trouble. I have checked the case notes and it seems like the issue is with the hard drive of your computer. We are sorry that we can't help you with the issue on your hard drive. If you ever need any help with your Norton products, you can always reach us at: www.norton.com/contactcs.

Norton Support

[Resolved] unauthorised payment made on credit card by norton software

I use Visa credit card given by Kodak Mahindra Bank. Today(08-Dec-2019) I have received a SMS and mail from Kodak Mahindra credit card section stating that "sum of amount(****)has been debited from you credit card account by NORTON *SOFTWARE" on which i never had an account or associated with. This is the first time something like this has taken place. Please, Help me on this.

unauthorised payment made on credit card by norton software
unauthorised payment made on credit card by norton software

Norton Software

• Norton's response · Dec 12, 2019

Sorry about the trouble you had. Reach our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We need to collect more infomation on this. We can certainly help you get back your money.

360 deluxe

devices requiring more that one license apiece.

Norton
  • Updated by Bruce.J · Nov 30, 2019

I purchased Norton 360 Deluxe on 11/22/19, order number NP1296416078. According to product specs published on Norton's web site (see attached images), "Norton 360 Deluxe offers protection for up to 5 PCs, Macs, smartphones or tablets." However, installing the product's features on a smartphone requires two apps, Mobile Security and Norton VPN, and each of those apps consumes a separate license. The product includes 5 licenses, and two smartphones consume 4 of those licenses. That leaves only 1 license for a 3rd device. So the specs effectively constitute false advertising, since the promised capability is not actually available in the product. A customer whose family has 5 smartphones would therefore require 10 licenses to support those 5 devices, but is only given 5 licenses. Hopefully, Norton will award supplemental licenses to all customers with devices requiring more that one license apiece.

Attached images:
    1) Capture of comparison from https://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/ad/pages/us/4up_nav_ns1_ns_nsbu_us_en_pla_notw_branded_n360.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:pla:en:l:pl:kw0000476794:379847012807:c:google:6466898136:80347099387:pla-333411916250&nortoncountry=US&pgrid=80347099387&ptaid=pla-333411916250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw8G2jYuT5gIVEIiGCh3UnAyiEAQYASABEgJKX_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#tabs-1-3
    2) Capture of comparison from https://us.norton.com/products/norton-360-deluxe

• Updated by Bruce.J · Nov 30, 2019

Image 1 is from https://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/ad/pages/us/4up_nav_ns1_ns_nsbu_us_en_pla_notw_branded_n360.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:pla:en:l:pl:kw0000476794:379847012807:c:google:6466898136:80347099387:pla-333411916250&nortoncountry=US&pgrid=80347099387&ptaid=pla-333411916250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw8G2jYuT5gIVEIiGCh3UnAyiEAQYASABEgJKX_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#tabs-1-3

Image 2 is from https://us.norton.com/products/norton-360-deluxe

• Updated by Bruce.J · Dec 01, 2019

I think, perhaps, that the problem is that Norton is keeping track of licenses instead of devices. Why not allow users to install on 5 devices, and then allocate as many licenses as are necessary to support each added device. Add a device that requires 1 license, then grant 1 license. Add a device that requires 2 licenses, then grant 2 licenses. Remove any of the supported 5 devices, then cancel the licenses associated with that device, be it 1 or 2. In other words, since #devices does not equal #licenses, if you claim to support 5 devices, then count devices instead of licenses.

• Norton's response · Dec 06, 2019

Sorry about the trouble you have with the licenses. Please get in touch with us through our Facebook page or Twitter handle @NortonSupport. We can defenitely check this further and help you.

• Updated by Bruce.J · Dec 06, 2019

Norton support available only from Facebook or Twitter?
    Prefer not to interact via social networking sites.
    Require alternative contact method.

• Norton's response · Dec 07, 2019

Sorry, we have phone and chat support too. You can find the contact details here: www.norton.com/contactcs.

• Updated by Bruce.J · Dec 07, 2019

I have already had two chat sessions which included a discussion of this issue. See cases 40661998 (11/27/19) and 40765616 (12/6/19). Neither chat resolved the issue. Acceptable resolution would be granting as many licenses as are required by each device. That, or correct all your web pages and advertising to correctly state that the product provides 5 LICENSES, which will support 5 NON-MOBILE DEVICES, but will NOT support 5 MOBILE DEVICES, since each mobile device consumes 2 of the provided licenses if both the security and the VPN features supposedly included in the product are added to a mobile device. The preferred resolution would be for Norton to support 5 devices (as claimed), whether mobile or non-mobile, and grant as many licenses as are needed to support those 5 devices.

[Resolved] support for password mgr.

I have spent 4+ hours with Chat people including L-2 without being able to get my Password Mgr to work. I was promised a call last nite at 9 pm. Didn't happen until I went thru chat again. Last nite L-2 promised to call me tonite at 8:30pm. Never called. Chat wait time 30 minutes. I give up.
I should be compensated for my time with support people that ask me to be at my phone, spend hours, & they twice "no show".
I wish I could cancel Norton- but I don't want to spend more hours figuring out how to disentangle.

• Norton's response · Nov 28, 2019

Sorry about the trouble you had with our support. Let us know the case reference number for your call. I can check this further and help.

[Resolved] customer service

When I renewed my subscription in August 2019, I added "Identity theft protection" and VPN services. The information in the Norton home screen didn't match My Norton I was able to activate the VPN, but was not able to activate the Identity theft protection. Numerous calls were made to Customer Services without success. The most recent attempt, which was made on November 13, 2019. After spending two hours and talking to service reps from various locations, all of which required my personal information, the problem was not resolved and I asked to be transferred "on shore". The rep refused transfer my call and the problem has now become worse. I've dealt with many customer service people in my time, but none have been as incompetent as those working for Norton. Unless my problems is resolved in a timely and acceptable manner I will discourage everyone from considering Norton Security.

• Norton's response · Nov 22, 2019

Sorry about the trouble. This is not the expereince we want our customers to have. Please send us your case refrence number. We will check this and make things right for you.

[Resolved] internet security

I just subscribe to Norton 360 today and I requested that I am requesting to be addressed in which I chooses to be address and my name be input into the data base yet it's wasn't done as I requested therefore I realized that this Company isn't following any customer legal rights at all I see that all they want is my money and they disregard my name which is Mrs.Diane T Collins-McLean therefore I also did called several times today and I was hang up and played games with by customer service representatives who has no real education or anything concerns my rights at all so I am requesting that after my month is up I no longer choose to be any member because of the strong disrespectful behavior and attitude of my legal rights please remove my card from your account December 7 2019 card number ending in 9099 thank you !

• Norton's response · Nov 14, 2019

Sorry about the trouble. We do not have an option to collect information here and make changes on your account. Please get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We also have support over Twitter (@NortonSupport) and Facebook. We look forward to help you.

Norton Support

[Resolved] my norton cover with you help needed please:

I renew my cover with you every year but my wife is having trouble with her android phone its saying its not covered by you, I went to enter the numbers that I thought was correct into the phone where it says Partner code but I am being told this incorrect, can you please email me the numbers that I need please?
Many thanks for your help,
Hugh B Muir
Hugh.[protected]@hotmail.co.uk

• Norton's response · Nov 14, 2019

Sorry about the trouble. Please remove your personal data (email address) from this public post. To install your Norton on a new device, follow the steps mentioned here: www.norton.com/install. If you still neeed any further help, get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs.

[Resolved] norton 360 premium automatic renewal

In 2017 I spoke to Norton as i was ripped off & did not request automatic renewals to take place. At that...

[Resolved] unauthorised credit card charge

I have been a Norton customer for many years and my subscription has been renewed automatically every year.

Because Norton anti-virus has become so costly, I decided to buy an alternative anti-virus programme this year. I therefore cancelled my auto-renewal.

I received an email from Norton confirming that my auto-renewal had been cancelled. However, my wife recently looked at our credit card account and Norton had charged the account £59.99 on 8th October.

I have the email I was sent and a screen dump showing that my auto-renewal was set to Off.

I did not expect Norton to override my auto-renewal setting and to charge me. I therefore request that Norton reimburse me £59.99 and confirm that they will remove me from their database and not charge me again as I do not want or need their anti-virus product.

I attach a copy of the email and screen dump of my auto-renewal setting.

This morning I went onto Norton's chat facility and was given case [protected]. I explained to Anisha Sharma that I had been incorrectly charged £59.99 and that I wanted to be reimbursed. In the middle of our exchanges, the chat began to be interrupted by the connection to the server losing then re-establishing a connection so I was unable to complete my conversation with Anisha. The chat was ended from the Norton side.

I would like Norton to resolve this matter a.s.a.p.

Regards,

Guy ([protected]@yahoo.co.uk)

Norton

• Norton's response · Oct 24, 2019

Sorry about the trouble. I see here that you have already conatcted our support and received the refund. Do let me know if you still need any help.

Norton Support

[Resolved] norton security with backup

After having been your loyal costumer since at least 2009 (yes, at least 10 years), all of the sudden started...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices