Having problems with Norton?

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

Complaints & Reviews

completely wrecked my computer!

I bought this as a download but could not install it. Norton help desk (including their 360 expert) spent a total of about 5 hours on 3 occasions trying to fix it. This was done with them controlling my computer. The last person completely wrecked my computer by deleting most of the registry and not being able to carry out a system restore (he also deleted all restore points) or a registry reload (the backup was corrupted). Norton management are not interested in my problem. On the good side though I now know how to get everlasting subscriptions to Norton AV without paying for them. Being a computer & lots of time and trouble down, I'm not sure this is a fair swap but if you want to share my knowledge...

• Pa
    Pat N Aug 30, 2007

I now absolutely hate Norton 360. This is my third time trying to get help from them. My subscription ran out about 3 weeks ago so I renewed and upgraded. The last 4 days I have been on line with analysts for over 8 hours. They did get rid of 1 trojan but it cost me $100. I was on line over 5 hours today. I was in tears. I had 4 analysts trying to help me. Nobody could fix the problem. My Norton icon disappeared and nothing was working . I had absolutely no protection. I am disgusted. Wish I could get my money back. They told me uninstall then reinstall. They didn't recognize my e-mail address. they didn't recognize my product key, etc., etc., etc. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. YOU WILL FOREVER BE SORRY. They would not answer my questions. They would not tell me who to make a complaint to. They had complete control over my computer for hours and did all sorts of things to it. Even after I disconnected from the last analyst, a few hours later, somebody was still controlling my computer. I could see the arrow key moving all over the screen and changing things. This is just wrong! After originally downloading Norton360, within a week I had a trojan virus. Why? Because Norton 360 does not protect your computer. They would not fix it for me until I agreed to pay $100. NEVER AGAIN SYMANTEC. I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER COMPANY.

[Resolved] rebate scam!

For the second year in a row I bought Norton Internet Security and sent in the two rebates, both for $30. I...

norton / rebate

I received a post card from Symantec resubmissions dept. There reply to me having sent my rebate for the Norton - Antivirus with it I sent all needed paper work. The UPC the paper for the rebate witch was in the box and the dated sale receipt. With the NRTN Antivirus at the top of the receipt for $39.99. On the reply it stated that my request could not be honored because the product was not found on the receipt? Now I am to re send the card + any validating information. I no longer have the receipts da. All I could send is a copy.

Card #1944ssss

• Bu
    bud sharkey Apr 18, 2008

nortin antivirus rebate is a big rip-off
    how do you send an original more than once
    no responce to mail or phone calls
    i guess they expect to wait you out
    how does that song go
    they ------------------------win again

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices