Having problems with NetSpend?

PO Box 2136
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

do not use them

Read the fine print! This company will not tell you this: In case of errors or questions about your card...

this company is a scam and under a federal investigation

I went a couple of weeks ago and deposited $800.00 on my netspend card. At that point my balance was over $900.00. The next morning i stopped to get gas and my card was denied! I quickly got to the nearest pc to check my account. My balance was - 3.66. My account had some p2p transactions. (Person to person) i quickly called netspend and explained.

they told me to send a hand written letter and police report. Which i did. Here it is 2 weeks later and they won't tell me nothing. They admitted it was trasferred to another netpend customer's account. They will not give me any additional info. I have 2 feelings about this. First, i won't get my money back. Second i feel like it was an inside job. No one knew my pin number but me! I know they can easily look up the account it was transferred to! But they claim they can't. I am not a rich man by any means. I hace struggled the last few weeks to keep my bills paid, since losing my money. I feel no compassion from their end at all. My next step is maybe contacting visa or the local news. I have read complaints in other forums that related to mine. Apparently they know about this p2p scam and fail to fix it. I believe this company is corrupt! I have read other people say this company is great with no problems. Well i would have said that a month ago. Three years and no problems. But beware you will be next!

• Ci
    cibernetico101 Dec 19, 2011

Did you ever get your money back?. I am going thru the same situation. In my case someone used my login, knew my password and transferred over 3K to their account. It sure smells like an inside job. I know that I never gave my password/pin codes etc to anyone. I consider myself stupid for trusting this company. Their customer service is a joke. As a customer my impression is that they don't have a CRM. Each time I call, they want me to repeat the entire story.

withdrawl of money fee scam

I have been a Netspend customer for 3+ years. I choose to come to them due to the ease of using the cards and the minimum fees. I went into an ACE location yesterday to withdrawal money for my rent total $1200, I was told that there was a new rule in place and they now charge to withdrawal money after the first $300. This immediately alarmed me because I have not received an email, mail or text notification with any of this information. Although I did receive an email notification of their new elite program, I found this extremely odd. I asked why did they not inform their customers his response was that it was posted on their website. I said well this does not justify sufficient notification, many people don't have regular access to a computer, and furthermore why go online if you can send a text to them for your balance? The ACE employee of course could not answer. I then asked what the fee was he said 2% of the withdrawal - I WAS IRATE AT THIS POINT. TWO PERCENT OF THE $1200 AFTER THE INITIAL $300 (i WAS CHARGED ON THE $900) TOTAL FEE $18!!! I am still pissed off - what a rip off. I told him they are only doing this because income tax is coming and people are going to be pulling of large amounts - if you have $5000 being pulled out after the $300 they don't charge for that is $94 - that is a lot of money. I was thinking what if all I had was the EXACT amount I needed for my rent then I would have been short because of Netspends horrible business practices. At minimum they should notify consumers at least 1 month ahead. He said they try to compensate by the lower $5 fee vs the $9.99 fee - there is no comparassion - they are trying to get over because they feel that most people that have this card needs it because they can't get a bank account. I chose to get this card because of the ease of use and no hassles with the bank. I make between $3200 - $3500 a month I am not trying to throw money away by paying ridiculous fees to access money when I need it. It's not even reasonable withdrawal limit. Most banks allow $500 minimum withdrawal limit without any additional steps. I am outraged and will be closing my account before my next direct deposit. I refused to be taken by this monster of a company. This is truly a scam! I will be checking to see if they broke any laws by not providing sufficient notice of their changes. If they did I will be reporting them to every appropriate agency.

• Al
    alexander ramirez Jun 15, 2009

I did not authorize and credit card set up charge for 99. 00

• Al
    alexander ramirez Jun 15, 2009

please refund my account

• Ba
    Babs67 May 14, 2011

I know that by law that they do have to give notice of any changes made, depending on what card you have they are all actual banks but locates in Texas, I had a run in with them today because their systems are ordering cards without the card holders permission, though they are coming to use its a pain in the ###. I threatened to report them and start a class action law suit, and they seem to jump and seemed be alot more nicer to me, what bugs me is that most of these employees are out of country and can not give you an answer to save their lives they are reading from a book, Ace check cashing employees are not employees of net spend and can not help you answer questions only what they are told so my advise to you is that you write the bank and send it certified and let them know that they a in breach of informing the card holder of any changes I know you probably resolved this cause your post was 2010 but if you know the laws it makes it very easy to have a netspend card and get your way.

unfair practices

This bank is to be avoided. Fees are very high. Automatic deposits are not posted to account as per...

[Resolved] atm fees

I recieve Social Sercurity disability and get a monthly check. About four years ago I decided to get a prepaid debit card to avoid the hassle of trying to get the check cashed and waiting on the mail. When I activated the card, I enrolled in direct deposit and choose the Fee Advantage plan. According to my plan signature and pin purchases were free also the first two in network ATM withdraws were free as well. I paid $7.95 a month for this plan and at that time I had no internet access. This year in June I gained access to the internet and in August I started looking at monthly statements online. I was surprised to discover that I had never got any free Atm withdraws. I contacted customer support and got a message in my secure inbox stating I had not used an in network ATM. My plan reads if I use a network ATM the owner fees and the first two ATM fees of $2.50 will be waived. I did a little searching to find the network ATM's and discovered most 7-11's have a Allpoint ATM machine and I knew I had used 7-11 several times last year and found the transactions on my online statements but was still charged the fee. Contacted customer support again and after actually get an agent it took 45 minutes of trying to explainand understand agent for her to tell me, she was going to transfer me to her supervisor. After another 45 minutes of waiting for the supervisor I just hung up. I have proof of at least 6 times I shouldn't have been charged. I got a another message in my inbox this time they say that they already waived the signature and pin transactionsand are not going to waive the ATM fees that are outlined in my plan. It's asif they are doing me a favor by letting me pay my monthly fees and honoring only the parts they want. It's not alot of money however if they are doing it to the other 3 million card holders then there is a big problem so check your fee plans and watch them very close. I am very curious as to how many other people are being victomized. My card is also associated with HEB and I will be contacting them as well

RESOLVED

• NetSpend's response · Sep 26, 2014

We apologize for the problems you both have experienced with your cards and our service.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this. Please send your information to [email protected] and we will make sure this is addressed.

• NetSpend's response · Aug 26, 2015

We regret to hear that your username and password are not working. Please email [email protected] and we will be happy to look into this for you.

You can also enroll in our free Anytime Alerts to get notified of your balance. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Kr
    Krishunda armstead Sep 10, 2014

I recently purchased heb card not knowing it was part of netspend. This was sunday
    September7, 2014. I loaded the card with $215.00. They would not activate my card, for use. I contacted heb, where I made the purchase and loadedloaded the money, they said they couldn't help me as nestled was a third party. It's now Wednesday and I can't use my card or get the money back! I called the company. They said the card was active! I made the guy stay on the phone with me while I got a drink. The card went through! But as far as using it again, later that day, it says no money is on it! Ok where the hell is my money? Who can help me! I'm totally disgusted that heb is in parsnips with them. I want my money

• Sh
    Sherdi Aug 19, 2015

I tried to check my balance. When I entered my User Name and Password - it says it's invalid. I called to check my balance and I have to pay a dollar. I put my user name and password in my Reminders on my phone when I activated my card. I know they are correct. It makes me feel that they are forcing me to call to check my balance just so they get a dollar. I don't like feeling cheated and I will not be using thus card again.

• Jj
    jjhenri253 Jan 01, 2016

As the complaints above, this card is useless. My husband and I received 2 cards for christmas. One for me and one for him. We activated both cards, which had $50 dollars each. When I tried logging in the other day and I was unable too. Aside from the fact that we hadn't used the cards yet and we get locked out of our accounts. I think after all the negative reviews I have seen. I dont trust Netspend and on top of that, I do not feel comfortable having to email documents such as a copy of my social security card, my ID card, and a bill to show proof of my address. Plus I dislike that you have to wait for them to troubleshoot the account in order to find out why you're receiving the message about being being locked out. I would never recommend Netspend to a friend.

• Du
    Dummymoss-13 Aug 13, 2018

Got locked out of my account. Don't know what to do

cancelled card after depositing $900. oo

Deposited $900.00 on 8/24/2010. Made a transaction for insurance by phone in encinitas ca (Less than $300.00) on 8/28 tried to use card recently and declined "suspected fraud". Called customer service and verified my identity and they informed me my card has been cancelled and my balance was one dollar. Asked to speak to supervisor, put on hold for one hour. They are trying to steal over $600.00 from me! Customer service is rude and every attempt to resolve this is a dead end.

TravV Sep 29, 2010

Dear Kevin,

We apologize that your account has been compromised. Your account was closed to prevent any additional fraud on your account. We show that all of the funds on the account have been used by the thief that had access to your information. We strongly recommend contacting the FTC and credit bureaus to report identity theft since this person knows your personal information. We are in the process of getting these funds back for you due to this unfortunate incident. Unfortunately, there is no phone number on your account, so we are unable to contact you. Please call us at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss what will happen with your funds.

Again we would like to apologize for this unfortunate situation you have to endure. We understand it can be frustrating and look forward to speaking with you.

NetSpend Corp
    1-866-387-7363

• Jh
    JHIERRY GORDON Jul 15, 2012

I am having the worst day dealing with Netspend. My account has been blocked by them, due to a refund done my a store back to the wrong Visa card. Alex at Netspend was rude and very asinine about the entire ordeal

Margaret Crayford Jul 25, 2014

I had 4000.00 loaded on my card was use it and went to use again and card was cancelled with no explanation would like to get it back or at least know why it was cancelled

unauthorized charges

I am computer illiterate and am having problems with netspend.com i. E. Prepaid visa account. Several unauthorized charges from family save.com & family care.com have been made to my account and I cannot find information on family save so that I may contact their customer service. Help!I did not order any products from these companies nor do I have any pending purchases,. How do I get my money refunded. I have made contaqct with family care and they were rude but still I received a cancellation number but my phone conversation was not a pleasant experience. How do I get my money back?

• Pa
    Parker Feb 18, 2009

Netspend is the biggest rip off ever. If you can please avoid using their cards. I recently had a run in with their rude customer service reps regarding why the places a 'block' on my money. I was told I had another account with a negative balance of $360. I explained to them that I never opened another account and the only account I have with them is the one I activated a day prior to this incident. They refused to investigate or remove the block. I immediately canceled the account and wanted my money returned, they told me they would send me a check in 20 days and then charge me a $5.95 processing fee. I was shocked and quite frustrated to hear that they were charging me to get back my money! That was outrageous, then they do not offer any other way to get your money back other than waiting almost a month for a check. Thank goodness I am not in serious need of the funds. If you must use a pre-paid card I recommend green dot.

• Xo
    xoxovampy Jun 27, 2009

Wow, I think I would have been more concerned about having them look into that other negative account, more than anything else. I mean, where did that come from and why? Also, do they know if it was really you or how closely that information came to matching you?

Unfortunately, when you do cancel an account, that fee is stated in their terms and conditions. They charge you to cut the check that sets you free. In your case, it'd be awesome if they waived it to make you happy, but unfortunately, it sounds like they really believe that you are the same person that owes the money.

So they are going to play hardball and charge the fee :(

I'm sorry.

• Br
    Brenda D. Bell Dec 26, 2010

I am being charged $5.00 every month by netspend & I'm do not understand why & whenever I call to talk to a representative all I get is the automatic service and no satisfaction, all I want is for the charges to stop.

unauthorized charge

I was online today 7/22/10 checking my account because I had some very important bills to pay that would totally take all the money in my accout to pay, so I wanted to make sure that before I made the payments that there would be the amout of what I was going to pay on my card. Well low and behold amazon.com amzn.com/billwaus was under my pending charges for $69.99 for some books that I never ordered. Of course I had to alert all my friends and co-worker to check their balance because this is fraud. I will be calling my attorney to find out what can be done about this. I copied and pasted the name of where the charge was coming from and found this site. It appears that I am not the only one this has happened too, so people check your bank, credit cards or what ever type of accout you have to make sure that you don't have charges that you did not authorize coming from amazon.com amzn.com/billwaus. Thieves!!!

• Ki
    kihelp Sep 09, 2009

I have a charge on my account from VISANET TERMINAL TRACESAN MATEO US. Which happens to be the same amount of my car payment that I made to a credit union using my NetSpend card. I called the credit union and they said they did not know of any holds etc. I called Netspend and they said they could not help. Anyone know anything about this????

• Bi
    bizemom Sep 10, 2009

I was just charged $10 from VISANET TERMINAL TRACESAN MATEO US and I have no idea who they are.

TravV Oct 19, 2009

Visanet is the network Visa uses to process transactions. A lot of times when you see a transaction pending it will show Visanet, but when it posts it will show the actual merchant name. These charges are most likely valid, it just did not show the merchant name.

TravV Aug 06, 2010

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I have personally had some unauthorized charges show up on my account and it is very frustrating. Have you ever done business with Amazon before? I would contact them to see if they could refund it. NetSpend should also be able to dispute this charge, but I know you will have to fax in a letter of dispute.

I would have directed this complaint to Amazon though since they were the ones that charged your card.

Good luck and I hope you get your money back.

• Da
    Dave Townrow Jun 14, 2012

a friend has had $1000 taken from their account from 10 itunes transactions for slotmania..what can be done to this moneyback?
    dave

customer service and unauth debits

This motel used my credit card number from a previous stay over 2months ago and debited my acct again without my auth on [protected] for 50.53 which I have not stayed there since... I called net spend customer service and there really slow none fluent english speaking reps... This is a pissy company I will be filing a lawsuit on netspend..com. Future customer's be aware do not allow yourself to get put in a trap this is a scam company...

TravV Jun 29, 2010

It sounds to me that your complaint should be directed towards the hotel that charged your card. You may have owed money in which they were finally able to collect if there were not enough funds in those 2 months. Every financial institution should be able to dispute an unauthorized charge such as this, so I am sure that Netspend can help. It is difficult to find companies that do not outsource their customer service so I would not blame them for that. I wish you luck in getting your money returned.

horrible customer service

Worst customer service in the world. If you dispute a charge expect not to get it credited back to your account unless you call the Ceo of the Company! They opererate as a bank but dont do what a Bank does. Does it matter if you have been with them over a number of years? No it does not! Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible Netspend! Omg they are terrible. They will treat you like you are at fault. I have lost money because i was to frustrated to deal with them knowing i will not get results omg omg horrible company.

• Sh
    Shenna Miller May 14, 2010

I agree their customer service... Sucks!!!, I hate calling them, you cant understand what they are saying, and they try to rush you off the phone.. Horrible.. hoerrible... horrible!!!

• Au
    autismmom Oct 30, 2010

Personally, I just had a LOT of unauthorized transactions (a lot of small transactions all in one day from the same company totally over $700.00!), I immediately reported via online dispute thru the netspend site, and I also called them right away too. I TOO often have a hard time understanding the 'frontline' customer "service" people too, but if you INSIST to talk to someone else, a supervisor, or in my case, the dispute/fraud area, you actually get someone who speaks english, but someone who can UNDERSTAND english...ARGH!
    Anyway, I had to immediately notify them, and then they requested I fill out a special form, which I did right away that same day I noticed the 'pending charges' (some posted and some were pending still)...I could only fill out a form for the actual posted transactions, but I was told that I should keep an eye out on the pending ones, and if they did go to posted, I should also immediately dispute those charges as well, which I did the monday after, when they went from pending to posted.

I also contacted my local law enforcement, but they couldnt file a report, as I need much more info/what it was for/etc...and that theytold me unfortuneately that unless the amount was larger or I could proove Identity theft, they could file a report but not actively work on it...and since I had previously made one purchase to this same company, it wasnt considered ID theft because, even though I didnt authorize the unauthorized transactions, I DID give them the card info previously, so they didnt steal the number..they DID steal the money...kind of a weird thing, but understanding the ins/outs of how to make sure your rights as a card customer is ESSENTIAL to getting things worked out properly...

..if you do not take an ACTIVE and POSITIVE AND IMMEDIATE role in this, then you will unfortunately probably not get your issues worked out appropriately.

Anyway, my story ends like this, after I did my work on the account, everything they requested, I had to wait 5-7 days for Netspend to do their initial work, and since they could determine that I had a previous transaction with the company, I had to wait for a full investigation...if it was 'out of the blue' with a company I had never dealt with before, or a clear case of ID theft/etc, then Netspend, according to VISA and their agreement with VISA, they have to give you a CREDIT for the charges UNTIL they complete the full investigation...
    I called them once per week thru the whole thing (the charges were unauthroized at the beginning of Sept, and I just got my proper refund last week, which was within the rights they had, because they had to send info to the company who made the charges, and its much quicker if hte company was in the US..thankfully this was, so they have to by LAW give the company a chance to respond...netspend did, and the company never responded, OR responded with information that was not showing I DID authorize those charges, so then I 'won' the investigation and got my money back...

Sure it took some time, about 45 days or so I think, and YES, we need every penny of that money, a family of 5 with 2 disabled kids, and my hubby is the only source of income other than 2 small SSI payments for my kids..and he has been laid off for some time, so he only gets unemployment...so the missing $700 was a TON for us!!!

Long story short, follow the directions exactly from netspend, keep a copy of everything, when you call, write down the name of the service person you speak too...and you will find, as long as you follow the directions, you will get your money back provided you are honest and the money was not authorized...if you try to 'buck' the system, you will not get anywhere and will never get your money back...so be honest, be complete, and keep on it...

IF you do follow netspends directions and have notified them in the time the laws permit/etc, and then they do not follow the law, then I would contact VISA directly as Netspend has to follow their contract with VISA, outlining the law specifically as to how to handle unauthorized/disputed transactions...so, you can see that info on netspends site, as well as VISA or Mastercard (whatever card you carry from Metabank/Netspend)...also, you can contact Metabank too...

BUt I wouldnt go over the top and all negative UNTIL YOU DO YOUR WORK FIRST...you will not be taken serious anywhere if you cant even notify/initiate the dispute properly, or get hot-headed with a front line service rep...stay calm, be complete and timely with your responses, and always ask for a supervisor if you cant understand or feel you are getting a correct response...

[Resolved] fraud

My friend referred me to get net spend card so I did we were told we each would get 20.00 for referrall never got it when I called they said I was sent a net spend card two years ago never activated it or use it but that made me not eligible for card then when tried to cancel card they weanted to charge me

RESOLVED

• NetSpend's response · Oct 07, 2013

Victoria,

We are very sorry to hear that there has been unauthorized transactions on your account.

Please send your information to [email protected] and we will make sure this is addressed. We can assure you that we will do everything we can to assist you with getting your money back.

TravV Apr 19, 2010

If you had a card with this company before then it is understandable that you would not be a new customer for them. I am sure there is fine print somewhere which states restrictions of this refer-a-friend program. Unless you were charged something for the card I would not consider this fraud.

• Do
    DownWithNetspend Feb 14, 2013

I bet TravV works for netspend...similar to a name I dealt
    with

• Vi
    victoriasmith Oct 02, 2013

I have never been more angry with a company than I am with Netspend. In the past 4 months I have been a victim of fraud. I live in Texas and the charges have been in Florida. My account and card were both blocked. My main reason for calling this past Friday was that I have direct deposit and was told that I would be able to call and have it transferred to a different account. When calling and speaking with the company concerning this matter, I was placed on hold for hours at a time and spoke to 11 different people. Finally the 11th person used common sense and unblocked the card for me to retrieve my funds then blocked the card back (all while I was on the phone with them). When I tried to find out the status of my account yesterday I was told it would take 10 days for the Fraud situation to be handled. This situation has put me and my family in a major financial bind. I will be closing my account and going with a different company/bank when or if they decide to place my funds back into my account. I will be filing with the Better Business Bureau and speaking with Texas State Attorney General.

rip off

Netspend lost my tax refund & refuses to help me there areseveral complaint just like mine there are a big rip off.

• Ss
    SSS Dec 26, 2008

On 12/25/08 I discovered that 14 unauthorized charges were made to my Netspend debit card. I called Netspend and was HORRIFIED to find out that not only was all of my money taken but there wasn't anything I could do about it. According to netspend, because these transactions are still "pending" I have to wait until they go through and then and only then can I start the dispute process (oh yes, and all the transactions were made on 12/24 and it is now 12/26 & they are still "pending"). Meanwhile I have $0 and I could be waiting for who knows how long to get my money back. The company treated me as if I were to blame for using my debit card online at some point in my life allowing someone to hack into my computer and gain access to my #. I was able to contact some of the companies that charges were made from and they were wonderful in immediately refunding my money when they realized that the billing address that the person who stole my number used and my actual billing address did not match up.
    Another point I brought up to Netspend was how the transactions were allowed to be authorized if the billing address did not match up. They had no answer for this and continued to tell me that they couldn't do anything until the merchants collected their money. Many of the merchants were unable to be contacted because they are fraudulent businesses who's telephone numbers lead to no where or have been disconnected. I was informed by Netspend that many of these companies were associated with an online gambling site that is out of the country. I am filing a complaint because of the inability and unwillingness of the company Netspend to answer for why they approved transactions when the billing address was incorrect and also for their "too bad so sad" attitude towards refunding my money or helping me expedite the return of my money from these fraudulent charges. They made me feel like i was being punished for having my debit card # stolen and now I have to figure out what I am going to do for money until my dispute goes through. Nobody at the company speaks English and they all read from a script. God forbid you ask them a question that they don't have a scripted answer for because then they just start rattling on about the closest thing they have in their script even if it has NOTHING to do with the question you just asked. If you are even entertaining the thought of using Netspend don't!

• Ew
    ewissangl Feb 05, 2009

Netspend is headed down the toilet due to their poor customer support mechanisms.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they are complicit in the theft of the funds themselves.

TravV Feb 25, 2010

How did NetSpend lose your tax refund? Did they receive it and then send it back? Or did they not get it at all? If this is the case you may need to direct your complaint towards the IRS since they may have sent it to a different account. This happened to me once and it is a pain.

• Ku
    Kurt Sep 27, 2010

Iam a disability patient and i had my wallet stole, so i requested the old card stolen .Well i was told another would be sent to me.Good, well time had gone by, and i finally came across some money to make my phone payment.That's when i had trouble with the payment going thru first it was because the card wasnt activated, i did when i got the card.So then i tried again this time money had been deducted for sending me a new card.I was never told i would be charge for a new card.And i had check my balances before just to check and there was no pending transactions

bad service

Is netspend going out of business? if so, will they tell us. i have never seen a credit card company have so many problems with their system and it is always down. i am really gettng scare with netspend. it is so hard to get customer service and its always some foreigner that can't speak or understand english very well. i had to ask for someone who can read, speak and understand the english language. i hate to say this, but i ask them is there any americans in customer service i can speak with. i am good at recognizing voices, but i am given a different name.

• Valerie Dec 04, 2008

I recently stayed at a hotel in Boise Idaho and used my NetSpend debit card for three small purchases. I was double billed for these purchases. After a few days all of the charges posted to my account except one. This charge, for $15.37 still shows as "pending" on my NetSpend account after 16 days.

NetSpend refuses to release the funds and variously cites their policy, and a law that says hotel merchants have 90 days to collect these funds.

I have contacted the hotel and they have faxed letters to NetSpend stating that they have released the funds and have no intent of collecting them. NetSpend still refuses to release them.

I have spent over one hour of cell phone time unsuccessfully trying to get NetSpend to release the funds. They have put me on hold for over 15 minutes at a time or simply stated their various policies. And have refused to let me talk to their supervisors.

This is not the first time this has happened. Over the course of my three years with NetSpend it has happened each time I make a purchase at a hotel. I've always had to work with the hotel to get the funds released but NetSpend refuses to do so. I believe that the problem is somewhere in the NetSpend system rather than the various hotels. And they refuse to remedy it.

mad1 May 21, 2009

this is so true, im on the phone with them now and i told them my card was stolen and he wouldnt let me talk to a supervisor he insisted to fix it himself and sent me a new card out when i had already asked for two other cards in the past that i did not recieve...

THIS IS ###! i dont like them at all...

now their telling me that i dont have any money on my card and that someone activated the card and spent the money... i have not recieved a damn card in the mail...

and they still wont let me speak to a supervisor...ive been on the phone with them for 30 minutes...

im going to file a lawsuit on their ###

• Xo
    xoxovampy Jun 27, 2009

Have you thought about not making any more small purchases at hotels? Or just hitting an atm and taking the money out to avoid all of this frustration?

Keep in mind when you make a purchase, it takes two computers talking, and two companies legal divisions to nteract with each other, often times indirectly.

Netspend may not be interested in a hotel saying they are going to release the charges because it still shows up in their system. The hotel might be better off refunding the money to get it to simply cancel out of the system if they wish to be helpful.

TravV Feb 11, 2010

There is no way that NetSpend would be going out of business. Their customer base is growing more and more everyday. I have been a customer for over 3 years and have never really had a problem with them. Yes their customer service is outsourced, but I feel confident that they know what they are doing. The website issues have been frequent more recently but I am sure this will be fixed also since this is a huge inconvenience for both us the customers and them. As with all companies they have to deal with their growth, and I am sure these problems will be resolved.
    P.S. NetSpend is not a bank or a credit card company. They are a pre-paid debit card company.

fees higher than stated

Netspend has charged me much more than they say they will. I signed up for a program that cost 10$ and allows you to charge things with no fee except for withdrawing money from an atm, well they did both took my 10 dollars and still is charging mefor withdrawls. They are a poorly run, dishonest business that slowly steals from you. I have tried repeatedly to talk to a person about this but only get recordings in which they charge you for!!! Scammers! I have switched to another card and they are charging me what they say they will, which is all I ask.

TravV Feb 08, 2010

Hi Businessman23. The only way this sounds possible is that you were not on the 10$ a month plan. That would be why you were still being charged the transaction fees. I would recommend contacting them to make sure you are on the right plan. Or you could also go to your online account center and see what plan you are on. I never have had trouble getting through to customer service; you would just need to select the appropriate options.

• Ph
    phxangel2774 Feb 23, 2010

I have always had good service over the phone and no problem getting a hold of someone (which they don't charge for)...(THEY DID BOTH TOOK MY 10 DOLLARS AND STILL IS CHARGING MEFOR WITHDRAWLS) ...well whether you pay the ten dollar fee or not, you are charged for ATM withdraws which is stated under the fees section. But is sounds like you are not signed up for the ten dollar a month plan.

raising fees, cant talk to human

I have hadan all-access netspend card for 6 months now and i have not been able to speak with a...

computer site is always down

To check your balance you have to go to the website but the website is always having "technical difficultys" they need to fire everyone in their computer department!!!

• Lo
    LoyalNetSpendCustomer Feb 02, 2010

Every company has their own website issues. I for one love NetSpend and have never really had a problem with them. Yes the site being down is annoying but it has only been down for an hour or so. I am currently on their site now. I am sure they will have this problem resolved and then everyone can continue with their normal finance management.
    I would recommend the text message alerts. I have still been getting them and they keep me updated with my balance.

poor customer service

I have been with net spend for some years now and every now and then, I get poor customer service. Most of the agents their do not and can not understand nor speak correct english and that makes it hard to do business over the phone with them. Main complaint is. I have had my name legally changed through the courts and I needed to contact nets pend to let them know of the changes so my direct deposit checks would still come into the account because if the names don't match, then they will send it back from which the checks come from and I was told to fax all my legally documents over from the courts and was giving a fax number to fax everything over. I called the following week to make sure they had received my fax and was told, no and what fax number did I have and so I gave them the fax number that was giving to me and I was told by the customer agent from net spend to use this other fax number and so I did and call beck with in a few days and was told, no... Nothing, we haven't received anything from you and I said, I have the ok conformation saying you guys received in twice and she what was the fax number someone gave you from here and I told her and she laugh and said, they had giving me the wrong fax number to a different department but here is the correct fax number to the right department and when she gave it to me, I immediately fax over the documents that was requested by me

With all my vital information, I sent in for the third time my court papers showing my new name change, a copy of my driver's license, a copy of my social security card and after waiting a week, I went on their website to contact them by e-mail and asked have they received my documents yet and I got a response back saying, no but resend it again and I told them to close my account and had my checks stop from going to this bank institution and I was told by one of the agents from net spend that they were sorry, that they couldn't close my account right now until I put $5.95 back on the card and then they will close the account but what I don't understand, is why I have to have that money on my net spend just to close out my account. My biggest issue is, my information with my ssn / dl's is circulating out there in someone hands now and because they don't care about the information you send in, someone can ruin my credit. No one in the management team at net spend has taking the time to contact me concerning this matter.

no money access

Netspend users have been unable to access their money for several hours today. No atm access, denial of funds at the bank, and only get a recording when you call their phone number. Please someone help us

• Th
    th1973 Nov 25, 2009

yes, I was also declined on a purchase at Wal Mart when I knew I had plenty of money in my account. I had a basket full of groceries, over $200 and my card wouldn't work. I walked over to the ATM and tried it there too and it didn't work either. I was so embarrassed and worst of all, I couldn't buy my stuff for thanksgiving dinner.

Norman.Taylor3 Feb 25, 2011

I was sent money from my unemployment to Net Spend MasterCard / Debit and it's been two days and the still don't have my money posted to my account yet. All I get on the phone is a recording . No representive to talk to about resolveing the issue.

non compliance

My card was lost due to a death in the family for almost a year, it had never been used from the original
Amount I spent:$50.00; never activated.
Netspend/allaccessgift.com had put a block on the card.
When I called, stating the facts, giving numbers and verified all info, they said the block would be
Lifted and I could use it at anytime.
Five phones calls later, I was never able to use the card, every time, in any business it was denied and I was told
It was blocked.
Every time I called them, I was curtly told it was ready for use.
I became weary of dealing with their horrible customer service and...
I found out on my third call to them, they had deducted, their "service/maintenance " charges
And there was a balance of $8.51 ! Which I could never use.
Why? Is this place still ripping customers to death? And getting away with it?
Shame on everyone not doing something about this scamming company of thiefs.

• Fp
    FPS Dec 24, 2009

I got scammed by them too. My card had a block on it and they were deducting monthly fees while it was blocked. I haven't tried to use the balance so I don't know if they really lifted the block or if they are planning on stealing the rest of the money. I will post again after I try to use my card. What they are doing is certainly unethical and should be illegal.

netspend premier

I have been a customer of netspend for years and they offered me a netspend premier card told me if I made a direct deposit of 500.00 I deposited 800.00 2 wks ago after several phone calls and emails to netspend they still have not upgraded the card and have been trying to transfer me all around the world to their dumb customer service department that cant help and keeps refering me back to there website today I have advised them if this isnt resolved I am going to sue them for false advertising in regards to this offer and will also contact the media to maker sure everyone knows not to go for this fake offer

TravV Oct 19, 2009

Premier was originally set up for accounts that were created after July 09. They informed me that older customers that meet the requirements will be able to upgrade once they have the problem in their system corrected. I believe they can fill out a form for you and will contact you once the issue is fixed.

• Ko
    Kosmos Nov 17, 2009

Thank you TravV...

However, NetSpend is not very forthcoming about whatever issues that say they are having; and if this is actually the case, then they should reimburse folk for the fees they incur by not having the Premier Feature activated on their account, no matter what the excuse...

• Pr
    premier netspend Feb 08, 2013

i waiting for a new password forever i was told it would take 13 minutes and after a half hour i still haven't a messages how long will i have to wait it was really fast in the past but since this account went premier i have all kinds of problems getting into my account as of now i cannot access my account online please send your answer to [email protected] i'will be waiting