Complaints & Reviews

MetaBank Transition hurts credit rating

Please be careful! During the transition from the previous servicing bank and MetaBank they are are reporting balances and incorrect credit information to all credit agencies.

It appears that the system is not applying payments to the correct (old) accounts and negative information is being posted to credit bureaus.

angel Feb 18, 2009

I am wanting to file against them ...their time has come too many people have been ripped off
    I have been turned down for a job and a house because of them! I checked my credit last night and they are still reporting me as owing them (trans union) and I paid them two years ago when I got my income tax! Yet they are still showing me as owing them I want to be compensated because this is not professional and its false!

Unauthorized charges

I activated this card in Sept.8 to build my credit so I payed $40.00, then the guy that I spoke to said that I need to schedule next two following payments, so I did, for Oct 8 and Nov. 8. I called at the beginning of October and I spoke to a guy and told him that my payment for this and next month needs to be through a different account number so he told me that that he will notate the account and make the changes, so then I had two payments that went through, one with the old account number (which the acct is already closed) and one with the new acct number, and they dont show any calls from me at all, so they said that once the payment goes through they will charge me a $37.00 insufficient fee for the $40 payment that the account was closed and that will put me ina bad status with them, so I said since their calls are recorded they should be able to look up my phone call, and of course they refuse to do that, I should not be penalize for their customers service mistake, it wasn't like I didn't make a payment on time, and I was over the limit, all Im asking is that they shouldn't charge me that fee, when I called plenty of time ahead to change the account number, so be very careful with them, so I am going to have to call back and make sure that the information was changed, which I shouldn't have to do that I should be able to trust their word.

Bought out by another company...so they say

I also got an email stating that Rewards 660 was being purchased by Metabank. However, according to some of the info I gandered online...Rewards 660 was ALREADY associated with Metabank. I don't know what they're trying to pull...but since I paid by debit card, I'm gonna see if it's advisable to seek a refund, or am I just S.O.L.

• Sh
    sHEILA Dec 11, 2008

CALL THIS NUMBER AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU SOME INFORMATION 1800-958-2556

• St
    Storm4 Dec 11, 2008

I also received an email stating:

DEAR CARDHOLDER:
    We are writing to inform you that the Rewards 660 Visa credit card program and all Rewards 660 Visa credit card accounts are being transferred to MetaBank, a federal savings association. In connection with the program transfer, charge privileges on all Rewards 660 accounts have been temporarily suspended. You may not use your Rewards 660 card during this brief transition. Please do not attempt to use your Rewards 660 card until further notice.
    If you have any questions about this letter, you may call customer service toll-free at 1-800-942-4308.

Sincerely,
    Dakota State Bank

I have not been able to get any information about what is going on and have not received word from Metabank? My problem is they start you off with a $300 balance of which $250 is fees and now with the change when I finally spoke to someone at Rewards660 they said I would still be liable for the balance. I have only had the card for a month or 2 and now I am going to be responsible to pay fees for a card I barely used and I balance that are due from fees!?!
    If any one has any additional information please let me know. Thank you

• Ca
    Cal DeJong Dec 16, 2008

The Rewards 660 Visa® credit card program was recently terminated because the servicer of the program was unable to continue operating the program. MetaBank, a federally chartered savings association located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, agreed to take the program over rather than leave account holders without a credit card. MetaBank apologizes for any disruption experienced by Rewards 660 Visa® cardholders. Unfortunately, temporarily suspending account usage was necessary in order to transition the Rewards 660 accounts to IndigoTM MasterCard® accounts. Current accountholders should receive and be able to activate their new Indigo credit card very soon.

Please visit www.rewards660.com for further information or call 1-800-958-2556 seven days a week 6 a.m.-6 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Cal DeJong
    Vice President of Credit Operations

• Ar
    Art Robertson Jan 15, 2009

I have tried to make my payment several times and been unable to do so. The new bank for the card is basically inaccessible by phone. I previously received emails from Rewards660 and have gotten nothing in 2 or 3 months. I've made several attempts to call the number given above and for one reason or another, ie weather, office hours on Pacific time, or just nothing, (the phone disconnects when I dial the number). I have received no emails, letters, calls or anything. It appears that the new bank is trying to take advantage of the customer. My account was current and available credit was not a problem. I fear that when and if I ever get in touch with these people, I will have all kinds of charges since I have been unable to to make a payment due to their inaccessibility and failure to contact me. I hope someone has already reported them to the Better Business Bureau but I plan to register a complaint anyway. I am watching my credit report carefully to see if they attempt to affect it. I sense fraud with the company now!

• Te
    Terry marr Jan 17, 2009

I received a rewards 660 several months ago and i was displeased with the cars, I emailed them and told them to cancel my card and they kept sending me a bill which kept getting higher and then they turned me in to the credit bureau with a bad rating, I want this removed off my credit report, I am getting ready to put together a class action lawsuit against them, please notify them to remove my name permantly thanks

unable to contact their office for payment

I AM A CUSTOMER AND I HAVE TRIED FOR DAYS TO CONTACT REWARDS CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS IS NOT A TOLL FREE...

I want my money Back

I have been pying my credit card on time and all I called today to see how much I credit was avaiable and a...

Fraud and scam

I don't know what hs happened. Rewards660 was good to me, raid my limits, all payments in on time and recorded. But on this time of my payments, I placed two (2) money orders together in the same envelope with all information on them even account numbers. They sure found the lower payment of $50 and placed it in my account but the larger payment in a separate money order, well it disappeared. And that was large amount as I pa my credit card off every month. I called them and the reaction as that they really didn't care of the missing larger money order. So new comers, beware of these guys as they can not handle the payments worth nothing. They sucker you and stea rom you later. I will have a tracer put on this money order and when it cmesbc that they cashed it in, I am done with them. They are nothing but liars and thieves.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices