Having problems with MyGiftCardSite?

Hackensack, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MyGiftCardSite.

Complaints & Reviews

MyGiftCardSite $50 gift card scam

My mother, who is 80, gave me a $50 visa gift card purchased at kroger for my birthday.
Now, like any adult with elderly parents, I don't need nor do I want her spending her money on me. I simply planned to go online and send her flowers or buy a fall wreath for her door.
Instead — mygiftcard.com stole her money — - and with complaints going back to 2011- visa and kroger are complicit.

It doesn't let me register my card because it doesn't ‘recognize' the number... When it transfers you to ‘customer service' it just disconnects.
Calling kroger & corporate to ensure they do not allow mygiftcardsite to scam any of their customers again

MyGiftCardSite Mastercard Gift Card

My card had been used through Amazon marketplace for small transactions that depleted the funds on the card. The card was never out of my home and never used for online purchases. So after filing a claim, a division of the company sent me paperwork that the claim was ruled in my favor and that the transactions were not made by me or through my Amazon account. The total lost was just over $300.

I have been promised that a new card has been reissued and mailed to my home address six times. The card has never shown up. Turned the matter over to the Attorney Generals office with all of the contact information on the card and from the paperwork on the claim. Every time someone calls regarding the complaint somehow they are not the company that handles that card. I cannot get a new card to be able to get my money. This is certainly a scam.

MyGiftCardSite Unusable gift cards

Purchased two 25.00 gift cards for my daughter Christmas 2018. We Just realized that the cards have expired on 5/2019 so we are Unable to use. A gift card should have no expiration date.. it should be considered theft from the company. These gift cards were paid for and people are not being able to use what they paid for. That is disgusting and an awful way to do business

Jodi Cogar Nov 19, 2020

Yes, this happened to me as well. Buyer beware, do not purchase. If the expiration doesn’t get you the monthly FEE they charge you if you “don’t use it” in the certain amount of time They want you to will get you. It should be your money to use it when you want to. Not within 12 months or any other length of time. A $2.00 or more fee is charged each month until it eats up your entire gift card. SCAM.

MyGiftCardSite $50.00 prepaid mastercard gift card expiring in california.

Received as a gift a $50.00 Gift which was valid through 05/19. The card was misplaced and recently found. I Connected to the site online and was shown balance but do to the card expiring I was given a customer service phone number to call. Called that number multiple times, put in required card number and operation date and was put on hold and immediately disconnected. Would like a replacement card.

MyGiftCardSite Gift card received, why do they charge a monthly fee and expire cards

My daughter received a $25 gift card and it was misplaced, and she recently found it while cleaning through stuff while on pandemic lockdown, when trying to reach company to check on it, the recording says it can't be found, to report it lost or stolen then will charge $5.95 to issue new card, but you don't get an option to speak to a person ever, and the system just hangs up on you. They do not provide any other method of contact either. [protected] and their website mygiftcardsite.com is a joke. So they have kept the gift that was given to her, unbelievable!

Jodi Cogar Nov 19, 2020

This has happened to so many people. It is sickening. These gift cards and this company is nothing but a SCAM. The “Monthly Fees” can use up an entire card/balance, which is what they want.

Mygiftcardsite.comMastercard gift card

My gift card is dormant due to inactivity so cannot be accessed online. The [protected] phone # automated service says card is inactive, switching to live customer service. But the phone just hangs up after one ring. There is no way to contact a person, no email address. The Contact and FAQ section on the website is blank.

There is almost $100 left on the card and no way to access or spend the money.

Apr 07, 2020

www.mygiftcardsite.com — $50 gift card

This is a total scam! They wiped-out my $50 balance with $2.00 monthly inactivity fees! The card is valid...

MyGiftCardSite card won't work on 25 card

I have tried to activate this card multiple times and each time it tells me the card is not found. I have tried via the phone and website on different days and even different months. I also tried to use it at several different stores. It's very frustrating to have twenty-five dollars that can't even be used. I will never accept cards from this site again nor will I recommend them. TOTAL SCAM!!!

card won't work on 25 card

MyGiftCardSite mastercard gift card

I received this gift card as a gift and put it away for emergency use only now when I'm ready to use it I find out they took $100 away from me as they took out $2.00 every month. I called them and all they gave me back was $24. They said they could only go back a year. So then she said I could fill out a complaint form and they will call. They never called.

MyGiftCardSite gift card for $50.00. monthly fees wiped out value of gift card

Avoid purchasing any type of Gift Card from this My Gift Card Site. I recieved a $50.00 Gift Card 3 years ago and was saving it to use for a large purchase I recently made. I tried to use this card and it was declined said it had a zero balance. I immediately checked on line and saw the balance was zero so I called and was told due to inactivitty on the card for 12 months, I was charged a monthly fee of $2.00 per month. I explained to them that the expiration date on the card was until 08/2023 but was told that on the back of the card the $2.00 fee was explained which I needed a magnifying glass to read it. I asked if it was possible for them to put the money back on he card. I was told to check the balance in 24-48 hours which I did and their was now a balance of $12.00 and not the $50.00 that I expected. I called again and was told that it was out of their control and they would forward a complaint to the bank and it would be their decision and someone would get back to me, well of course no one did. I called today and was told the my complaint was closed. I asked to speak to a Manager and she told me the same thing that this complaint was closed and I could call back as often as I wanted to but the answer would still be the same. I did learn from the conversation that the Gift Card Company and US Bank are the same company, so in my opion they had the power to refund me the total amount of $50.00. This to me isn't even about the money at this point, it's the fact that they already charged the person a $5.95 fee to activiate the Gift Card and then find a way around getting all their money back and then some. The person that bought me this Card spent their hard earned money to give me a nice gift and I would never have the heart to tell them what happened. Just a heads up to all please beware and do not buy any Gift Cards from MyGiftCard.Com that are funded by US Bank in Hackensack NJ.

MyGiftCardSite expired gift cards

I received TWO Gift Cards for My Birthday 06/23/19, just to learn these cards expired 07/04/16 . . . What the HELL . . . First of all these are gift cards, these companies should be allowed to charge interest to keep an account opened/usable. I now have two gift cards I just received that I can't use, what a waste of hard earned American resources . . . . MasterCard absolutely scams people out of money, they should be fined and shut down.

MyGiftCardSite prepaid visa gift card

I have a $50 gift card. I contacted the website and customer service phone number on June 11th, 2019 and they can't find the account number in their system. First of all it was really hard to get an actual person on the phone with me, then they weren't able to do anything to help me, and all they could do was give me a fax number for the card activation department with no timeline of when I could expect to hear from someone or even if I would hear from someone.

In the state of Washington where I live, it is illegal for pre paid cards to expire or the funds to be taken away. I'd like use of the card or I want them to send me the $50.

My name is Darren Cobin, my phone number is [protected], and my email is darren.[protected]@gmail.com

MyGiftCardSite mastercard $50 gift card

Card #[protected] #610
                        This card was given to us and was misplaced until now... Upon checking the balance, $2 has been eaten away every month for a service charge - now leaving a totally unused card of $50 with a balance of $16 - as of 4/24/2019!!! What!!??? We had the same situation show up with an american express card and they kindly reissued us a new card with the full amount reimbursed. I am asking that we get refunded all the $2 service charges for a totally unused gift card - making it a full $50 card again. Thank you!
                        Arlene anthony
                        [protected]@gmail.com

Jan 09, 2019

MyGiftCardSite — money removed from my gift card

I was given a gift card as a birthday present. I was in the process of adopting a baby and I was just...

Dec 30, 2018

MyGiftCardSite — visa card

These cards are a joke. My son received a $25 card as a birthday gift. Being 11 years old, he didn't think...

Dec 05, 2018

MyGiftCardSite — visa debit gift card

Quite possibly the most ridiculously pathetic customer service experience I have had in my almost 6 days on...

Nov 18, 2018

Mygiftcardsite.com — illegal use of my gift card for their own purpose

I brought a Celebrate visa prepaid debit card from the company who was selling them at K mart at in Pa .Now I...

Nov 06, 2018

MyGiftCardSite — unauthorized prepaid card charges

I have registered the prepaid Master gift card on the website mygiftcardsite.com and all my funds have been...

Oct 15, 2018

MyGiftCardSite — gift cards

I purchased two gift cards for vacation. I used one for hotel charges and it declined, however is still...

Aug 24, 2018

MyGiftCardSite — worst customer service company in america

I got stuck taking these gift cards money spent on cards couldn't be returned form retailers and...