Maytag / maytag centennial washer

United States Review updated:

I bought it brand new in 2016 from Home Depot and yesterday when I did 2 loads of wash that I had finished and started to put more things in the washer the machine started running by itself and no lights and cannot turn it off and nothing is moving inside the washer. I had to unplug it for it to stop running.. I was planning on buying the matching dryer but not now. The machine is only 3 yrs old! Now I have to get a repair man in to fix it. I am very disappointed in this washer and will not buy a Maytag appliance again

St
Mar 25, 2019

Comments

• Sh
      25th of Mar, 2019

Hi Stephanie.

Unfortunately even the very best appliances can break down earlier than one might expect. Maytag is a brand owned by Whirlpool. You'll find that Whirlpool owns several recognizable brands; Maytag is considered an upper end to their line.

To stay competitively priced, Maytag comes with a one year, limited warranty on the overall unit and 10 year parts, prorated warranty on the tub and motor. This is actually pretty impressive, as most manufacturers end all warranty coverage at one year.

Have you contacted the retailer, Home Depot, yet? Many retailers either offer or provide additional warranty coverage. Please let us know if, or once you've contacted them. We'd like to know what takes place.

• Wp
      26th of Mar, 2019

Dear Stephanie:
    Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at ([protected]@Maytag.com), with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review. We look forward to your reply.
    Thank you.
    Maytag® Social Care

• Sh
      30th of Mar, 2019

Hi Stephanie.

It is our understanding that you've been properly assisted and are now a loyal customer once again.

Thank you so much for your support.