Kohlsonline payment for kohls card

S

I purchased a Kohls card and decided to use the online payment. As soon as the amount was due I did the “Pay Online”. I was even 3 weeks early on my payment. My information wasn’t in the system and I received an email confirming that my card was paid. I decided to go online today and just look up my Credit Card Info. Thank god I did because I saw that my Bill was 50.00 more than what it was in the beginning. I tried calling customer service which you will NEVER talk to a human. They want you to punch in your Kohls number and/or Social Security number. So I called the actual store and asked for a real living person to help me. They gave me the number for the corporate office. I asked the woman why I was charged for the $50.00. She said that the Routing ID was wrong, but she didn’t understand why the computer charged me twice, two days later after it was rejected. She then said that it was a shame what happened but the computer does this and you can’t change it. Pretty much, pay the double fines and yes the computer has a mind of its own I guess and runs the payment center as well. I asked the woman in the Credit Department if I would be charged a late fee and she told me that the computer says its paid and to not worry about it. WTF? I’m supposed to believe this story! I WILL NEVER SHOP at this store again. I have written several letters regarding this to Kohls and of course I guess the computer system doesn’t read emails. I’ve NEVER had a problem like this and I’ve never dealt with a Generic and Shady company like this before! Please don’t get a Kohls Card. August 3 2009

angiivey Aug 20, 2009

Could not get my $50.00 gift card from value plus on line!!!

• Ic
    iCarly Jan 25, 2010

This whole thing makes no sense at all. First of all, a Kohl's Card is a store credit card. You open them, you don't "purchase" them. That right there tips me off that you don't really have a firm grasp at all as to what you're talking about.

Now, let's try to follow this... You bought something, and went to pay online. You paid early, received confirmation, and later, checked and saw the charge was still there? Another charge was there? What? The person you spoke to told you you'd entered your routing number wrong? When was a routing number entered? When you signed up your debit to pay online? So it rejected the payment you made? Because you didn't enter your own information properly? And then she said you'd actually have to pay your bill and that you wouldn't be charged a late fee for your payment?

...It sounds like you screwed up your form, and when they went to charge your debit for the payment, it didn't work, so it was still unpaid, and you had to actually pay your bill. They didn't even charge you the late fee, when they could have. The only mistake they made was sending out the automatic conformation when your payment hadn't actually worked.

• Ba
    Barbara Hathaway Feb 05, 2010

I've had my first experience with Kohls charge. November 22, 2009 I purchased $104.57 worth of goods. I received a bill several weeks later for that amount. On 12/28/09 I registered online following the instructions to pay online and paid the entire amount. On Februry 2, 2010 when balancing my checkbook I noticed the Kohls payment had not been credited on my statement. I contacted Kohls via e-mail to ask why my payment had not been credited and was told they had no record of receiving payment. So I went back and pulled up my account but by now the amount was $135.00 I had screwed up and did not get a confirmation number for that transaction. So I went back online and checked my account...it was now $164.00. Since I assumed it was my fault I paid that amount and this time I made sure I got a confirmation number. I then e-mailed Kohls back and told them I wanted my charge card and my account closed as I felt the charges added to my account were not justifiable. I was told that I would have to call collections to get my account closed. After reading all these complaints I'm wondering who this can be reported to because I believe this is some serious bilking of the public. I'll never shop in Kohls again and I'm going to try to clear all my information online because now I don't trust them at all.

• Wr
    wronged customer May 09, 2012

My first payment on my Kohl's card was due in January of 2012. I registered online, which was difficult. I input my bank account information and paid my bill. I've been paying it my bill the same way since then. It's now May 2012 and I scheduled my usual payment on the 1st of the month to be paid the next day. I have not changed anything on my account. Not the bank account or anything else. I've been waiting for this payment to be taken out of my account since then and it's now the 9th of May. I check Kohl's website yesterday and it said the payment was "pending". I went this morning to check it again and it now shows that payment as being made and them being "adjusted" all on the 1st of May. My balance was now $25 higher because they charged me a late fee. I checked my banking info. My account is shown as "verified" and again, I have not changed anything since I first input this information in January. I called Kohl's and asked about the payment. First he keep stating that it was made over the phone, which it was not. He told me it was "returned" because they could not locate the account. They said that a number in the routing number or my bank account must be wrong. The same acount I've been paying it through since January. He then wanted me to make a payment over the phone. I told him I wanted to know why it could not locate it and he said I would have to call Telecheck. I called them and they only show one payment being made through them. They do not show any other payments trying to be made. I call Kohl's back and tell them I want to know why all of the sudden they couldn't find my account. They girl didn't know and didn't care to find out. I told her I did think I should have to pay the late fee when they screwed up somewhere. She removed the late fee only after I paid the double payment. The only reason I paid the double payment so was their screw up does not end up on my credit report. What bothers me the most is that I told them I had not changed a single thing in my bank information and yet they did not care to find out what happened on their end. I went to delete my bank information off their website since I will no longer be paying online and it plain as day says my bank account is "verifiied". They have got to have the worst "customer service" ever! Not wanting to find out what happened on your end??? I'll be canceling my card next month after it's paid off.