Complaints & Reviews

Defy Frontloader washing machine — Brand new machine with cracked drum

When I opened the wrapping of the machine the back cover was loose and the motor was halfway out as well as the driving belt. I reported this to Makro's online e-mail platform. They send a technician from Defy to assess the machine. Defy indicated that the drum has cracked but that it can not be replaced as the machine was delivered to me more than a year ago. As I have already indicated to Makro, the machine was put in storage since I received it in January 2019. I purchased this machine in November 2018 on your Black Friday sale. Early in December 2018 your courier phoned me and said that he will not deliver this machine to me as it was dented and he will return it. Another machine will be delivered to me according to him. I went on leave middle December without receiving the machine and when I returned from leave in January 2019, I immediately follow-up on why the machine was still not delivered to me. After a few e-mails to you (of which I have record) it was eventually deliver to me, where I put it in storage as it was bought for my daughter which was in Thailand at the time.
I am certain that the same machine was delivered to me in January 2019 after I had to put pressure on you for the delivery of a machine which I have already purchased eight weeks earlier in November 2018! You must have records of the courier who phoned me in December 2018 as he knew that the machine was damaged as I explained above.

I am quite upset with this matter as I have paid R2799 for a broken machine! I feel that you have stolen my money and cheated me in giving me a broken machine.

Deon Gouws

Good day Deon,

Thank you for your review on our Complaints Board platform, we do apologize for the delay in response and inconvenience caused throughout your journey with us.

Kindly note that we will contact the relevant departments and senior management regarding your complaint and will be sure to revert with feedback. Please be advised that feedback will be relayed within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Makro Complaints Board Team

Check your Packaged Items Before Leaving Makro - Rude, Obnoxious Staff Will Not Assist

Zainul Bux is the most rude, obnoxious and not to mention the most condescending person at Makro Cornubia Durban.
I purchased an urn which was the incorrect item and upon return of the item was told that it was used. Further to this, without informing me that the packaged was re-sealed, bearing in mind not re-sealed by me, only after the fact that the package was opened by the staff of Makro Cornubia, was I informed that it was re-sealed. Zainul Bux proceeded to inform me that my questions as to why I was not informed it was re-sealed before opening the item was not "making sense" and proceeded to walk away without having to hear my point.
Makro cannot provide me with any concrete evidence that the package did not come from the manufacturer or that it was returned previously without being checked.
Please would someone investigate this matter and revert.

Good day Akesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly be advised that our Hellopeter Team is in contact with senior management in this regard and will be sure to revert to you with further feedback.

Thank you and have a lovely day further.

Makro Complaints Board Team

Ordered a sleeper couch online, waited for more than a month for the delivery to finally arrive and the couch is torn!!!

I would like a refund or repair to my couch that I ordered on the 8th of February which only arrived today on the 18th of March and the side is torn.

I have submitted a request on the website but still have not received a response.

Good day Shaun,

Kindly note that we are currently liaising with the relevant departments and senior management regarding your complaint and will be sure to revert with feedback. Please be advised that feedback will be relayed within the next 24 - 48 hours.

order not received

I placed an order with MakroOnline on 1st March 2020, of a variety of 100 items. Despite their policy being to deliver items within 2-5 working days, I am still...

Cellular phone

i bought a phone on the 09/02/2020 at Makro Woodmead the following day i tried to return the phone because it was not charging . I miss place the receipt and I used a random...

Delivery problems. Hisense Fridge

On Saturday, 29 February 2020 I contacted Makro's call centre to enquire about prices for fridges. I was informed that there was a Hisense fridge on special until 1 March 2020.
I purchased a metallic Hisense 271L Combo Fridge/freezer (code [protected]).
A family member had passed away the previous week and I thought the service would be on Tuesday, 3 March 2020 and asked for delivery on Wednesday, 4 March 2020. However I was then informed the funeral would only be on Thursday, 5 March 2020.
I contacted the Makro warehouse number dealing with deliveries. I spoke to Jon Rico and I asked him if it would be possible to change the delivery date to Tuesday, 3 March 2020. He asked me for my Makro card number to enable him to track my purchase and other details.
He told me that it was sorted and the delivery would take place on Tuesday, 3rd March 2020.
I arranged for my old fridge to be collected so that there would be nothing to move when fridge was delivered.
By about 1pm I thought I would phone Jon Rico and find out if he knew more or less when my fridge would be delivered. He again asked for my Makro card number. He then told me that he had sent an email on Monday, 2nd March 2020 and he was informed that the delivery date could not be changed.
I was fuming as I said that I didn't have a fridge as I thought the fridge would be delivered as discussed with Jon Rico. I said that if it wasn't possible he should have had the courtesy of calling me to inform me that this was not possible. I would then not had my old fridge collected.
After much discussion and apologies from him (which was just not good enough) he put me through the Makro switchboard.
I was then informed that a list would be compiled that afternoon and only then would it be decided if my fridge would be delivered on the 4th March 2020.
More apologies followed which I still found was not enough as I had perishables packed in cooler bags.
I then decided to call Makro again and I was put through to Charles. He took my details and said he would get Alistair to call me.
After a few minutes Alistair did call me and I told him everything that had occurred. He also told me that the delivery could only take place the next day.
By that time I felt as if my blood was boiling and that the constant apologies I was getting was just not good enough. I still laid the blame with Jon Rico at the delivery warehouse who should have contacted me the minute he knew that my fridge could not be delivered on the Tuesday.
I then said I wanted to speak to management or else I would come to the store to see them.
Alistair then said he would speak to management and call me back. He then phoned me back as there was a van that was apparently coming back to the store and they would deliver my fridge. This after I was constantly informed that the trucks only came back to the store after 6pm and that a delivery then was not possible.
My fridge was delivered but lo and behold when packaging was removed from fridge I discovered a big scratch on the top door of fridge.
The guys who delivered the fridge told me to contact Alistair to inform him of the scratch.
I called him and he arranged for a replacement fridge which will be delivered on Friday, 6 March 2020.
I have no words to describe how angry I am at this whole delivery process. I lay the blame with Jon Rico at the delivery warehouse who should have informed me that the fridge would not be delivered on the Tuesday.
I could have waited till the wednesday but first of all I did not have a fridge and secondly he should have informed me that it would not be possible.
I would however like to to extend my sincere appreciation for the help that I received from Alistair.
I trust this complaint will be dealt with.
I look forward to hearing from you.

• Makro Online's response · Mar 10, 2020

Good day Lynne,

Kindly provide your Makro card number used, as we need to pull the invoice for the purchase and provide your contact details in order for us to assist.

• Makro Online's response · Mar 10, 2020

Good day Lynne,

Makro Conubia — Philips Air Fryer

I purchased the Phillips Air fryer in January 2020 as a birthday gift for my wife from Makro Conubia. She used the item for about three weeks and somehow the handle of the item...

shoes

603079 I bouth a pair of shoes on Saterday the 15th February at 12am. I especially bought it because my shoes I was wearing broke. I ware a number 5 shoes so I just took a number 5 shoe...

order number: mak2372478 kingsons laptop backpack - j buys

Good day,

I have placed the above mentioned order on 2 February 2020. The delivery time on the purchase was 2 - 5 working days. I can see on the order tracking that the order was packed on 3 Feb 2020. The order however was not handed over to a courier from that day. Today is the 14th of Feb. I have phoned the call center twice in 3 days and was told they will escalate my query and I have even send an email, all without any feedback.

This backpack is for my daughter that started university and she does not at the moment have a backpack for all her books. This is not acceptable.

Can you please help me with this. I have not seen such poor service in a very long time and it is glaringly obvious that the online shopping function of Makro South Africa is not functioning even remotely properly.

Rather just skip the whole online function if it can't be done sufficiently. Customers doesn't need more poor service.

Annemie Buys

order number: mak2372478 kingsons laptop backpack - j buys

• Makro Online's response · Feb 17, 2020

Good day Annemie,

Thank you for taking our call earlier and for bringing this matter to our attention.

• Updated by Annemie B · Feb 24, 2020

So, I was very excited to get a phone call from a kind person promising me feedback on my purchase and finally receiving the product I bought online.
    Guess what, no further feedback and no product. This is by far the worst online shopping experience I have had.
    After reading all the hellopeter comments regarding Makro online shopping complaints and how you don't recieve your money back, I am between a rock and a hard place with my order. Do I wait it out or do I take the chance of cancelling my order and not getting my money back?
    You tell me Makro, what should I do? Why must we always be satisfied with bad service???

[Resolved] order not received that purchased online on 1st feb 2020 mak2371110

Purchased a book online on the 1st Feb 2020 it has not been received. I have made calls since the 5th of Feb for assistance there was no response on emails and the call centre is not picking up my calls. I today 12 Feb was informed via that the order was cancelled without being given reasons. My refund was not even part of the discussion. I want my refund back from Marko.

• Makro Online's response · Feb 16, 2020

Good day Tandeka,

Kindly note that we will contact our Finance department regarding your complaint and will be sure to revert with feedback. Please be advised that feedback will be relayed within the next 24 - 48 hours.

• Resolution Statement

I received a call from the retailer and my refund was in my bank the next day.

poor service

Pathetic customer care! I ordered an item online (exclusive) on 3-Feb and the wrong item was delivered. I emailed Marko Online and got no response. I then phoned the customer care and the lady said it will be escalated. I told them I have to drive over 100KM on Saturday to install it and if they cannot deliver the correct item by Friday then it will be to late. It is now Monday and I am still waiting for Makro to fix their **** up. No communication no nothing... I phone them again today and still i need to wait... it's been a week. If I knew I was going to have to wait 3 weeks for my order I would have told you to stick it!

Good day Eearle,

Thank you for your review on our Hellopeter platform, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused throughout your Online journey with us.

Could we request that you provide us with your Makro card number, your Online order number also please provide us with your contact details so we can contact the correct store online management to assist in this regard.

Makro — ryobi 43 cc petrol brush cutter 2-stroke

Please note that I am a very irate client that has no words to describe how disappointed I am with the after sales treatment I received from Makro in Strubensvalley my frustration...

[Resolved] online system - poor/no product

I'm writing this complaint with the utmost disgust for what's going on at Makro Online center. After I placed my order and seeing that there was no progress I decided...

bad online shopping problems with makro online shopping

Makro Online Support

Still waiting for courier to pick up broken watch after 3 weeks.
Makro seed it will take 5 days for courier to pick up default watch.
Reference number 501479
I received the order on 16 Jan
Watch broke on 17 Jan after 2 hour use
Reported it on 20 Jan - refer me to Polokwane Branch
22 Jan go to Polokwane Branch - they can not help me with refund
Call Makro online support again and they confirm that the watch would be picked up within 5 days from 22/01/2019
Refund will follow within 7 to 14 days.

I am still waiting for the courier and also traying to call [protected] but with the high call volumes, they do not answer the phone.
R500 airtime is finish

Can someone call me back and let me know what is going on. Also not working because no one is calling back.
Send lots of emails without reply from Makro online/
Very bad service
Will never buy from Makro online again

Marika Jansen van Vuuren

Good day Marika,

Thank you for your review on our Complaints Board platform, we do apologize for the delay in response and inconvenience caused.

We take all our customer requests seriously and assure you that this matter will be our priority.

Apologies again for the inconvenience and have a lovely day further.

Makro Complaints Board Team

still no delivery 4 months later.

I placed an order on the 15th of October 2019 and to this day I still haven't received my order. Been calling that nonsense call center with no help, even went into one of their stores and all I'm being told is someone will get back to me. Such sick service, the worst ever. Makro should leave this online business to the likes of Takealot and so on as they never disappoint. See making a purchase from Makro, kill me.

• Updated by Abigail Connie Bhila · Feb 06, 2020

MAK2199738 only one part of the order was delivered and the other still pending delivery to this day 4 months later. I've gotten even tired of calling that nonsense call center.

Good day Abigail,

Kindly note that we will contact and liaise with the relevant departments and senior management regarding your complaint, and will be sure to revert with feedback. Please be advised that feedback will be relayed within 24 - 48 hours.

mi box s

Reference: MAk2309841. Escalation reference: 500899
I ordered this device on 13 December 2019. I did not receive the device or receive feedback in december. After contacting makro online I was informed that the supplier will only open on 13 January 2020. Nothing happened and I had to call back again. After numerous calls I finally received a message stating the device was handed to the courier on 22 January 2020. I kept following up and never received any communication from the courier. Makro online advised that the device could not be traced so it was basically lost. I requested a cancellation and full refund, and was then informed that the supplier will not refund until they receive the device. This is not my issue and should be sorted between makro, the supplier and courier. I want my refund ASAP!

• Makro Online's response · Feb 06, 2020

Good day Raynard,

Kindly be advised that we are currently liaising with our Finance department to get your order refunded and the soonest the success of your refund is confirmed, we will contact you.

Please be advised that feedback will be relayed within 24 - 48 hours.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience caused in this regard.

Makro Complaints Board Team

refund due - mak2336588 (cancelled order reference)

I placed on order online for x2 Nike back packs and paid in full. The site had some technical difficulty therefore the product still reflected as unpaid. I immediately sent through the pop. No response. I literally called them every single day for 7 days without any resolution. By the 10th day I went to your branch in Ottery and called from the store and demanded that the monies be allocated before the call ended. Which they finally did. Only to realize that there was no more stock available leaving my kids without school bags for the start of their new grades. I then requested a refund. I have repeatedly called and asked when I'll receive my monies. They do not call back when promised or respond to emails. Still to this day [protected] nothing has been paid. No one responds to me. I'm frustrated, agitated. They don't care. I don't know what else to do. They have such ignorant customer care service consultants. Please Help!!

Good day Carmelita,

As per our telephone conversation, we will send you an email requesting you banking details and send them to our finance department to complete the refund. As soon as feedback is received from our Finance department, we will contact you.

[Resolved] service department

I logged a query almost 2 weeks ago and was advised that a technician would contact us to advise when they will come and service the t.v as it is under warranty and there is something wrong with it. I called back after a few days as we received an e-mail stating they need the serial number of the t.v which was not previously advised and caused delay. We did this even though we advised them that the lady where the t.v is is an elderly lady and the t.v is mounted on the wall but they said that unfortunately this is needed. We sent someone to get the serial number and provided it to them on the same day. They then advised that the query was logged with Sinotec and they would come out to service the t.v. I would call in everyday and would be told that the delay is with Sinotec and that the matter was escalated to managers at Sinotec as they could not get hold of anyone there. On Friday I was advised that someone would contact us by the end of the day to make arrangments but this did not happen.

I called in now and was advised that there is nothing you guys can do on your side as the delay is with Sinotec.

I asked if there is any way to escalate this matter as it is not acceptable to say that there is nothing you can do as the delay is with the supplier. We need assistance with this problem urgently.

The numbers provided to me for Sinotec when I called were [protected] which does not exist and [protected] which does not work. I googled them and got the number [protected] and got through to the service department who then advised that the query was only sent to them on the 1st of February. They then put me through to logistics who advised me that they in West Rand today and will only be able to collect the TV tomorrow.

Please can you refer me to your manager as I would like to escalate this matter.

Our reference number is 497590.

Nadia Crous

Good day Nadia,

Please note that we will liaise with our Service call team regarding the above complaint and will be sure to revert with feedback. Kindly be advised that feedback will be provided within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience caused throughout your journey with us.

Have a wonderful day.

[Resolved] aeg dishwasher

We've have logged a return now 3 times (2 x Online, 1 x Call centre) and only received a return reference number via the call centre: MAK 2344Q45. This has now been ongoing for the past 3 weeks without any action.

Today I followed up again via the call centre (no other way to follow-up), only to be told they have no return logged.

I need urgent assistance or I will be forced to escalate.

The dishwasher works perfect, but the inside is too small and I can't fit my normal-sized dinner plates so practically the dishwasher is useless to me and I need a different machine.

my contact info:
Marius Smith

Good day Marius,

Please could I ask that you advise when you are available to take our call.

[Resolved] Makroonline delivery

I ordered a toy for my son on the 4th of January, they delivered the wrong item on the following Friday 10th january. I called to let them know and was told they would send the courier to collect and exchange. The courier came on Friday 17th but only to collect, no exchange. I called every day at least once since then, as on my online account it says the purchase and delivery has been completed. Twice I was told the correct item would be delivered the following day. It is now the 30th of January and nothing has been delivered. I called yesterday and was told they are awaiting feedback from the store director, so twice I was lied to about delivery. I am currently on hold again as this is what they do when they can't answer. They just put me on hold for hours until I give up. They wont give me a contact number of a supervisor or anyone that I can escalate this to.

Good day Jani,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for taking our call.

We do apologize for the delay in response and inconvenience caused throughout your journey with us.

[Resolved] baby nappies

603079 This morning I waited for macro whole sales to open at cape gate kraaifontein western cape.. I needed to buy size 4 nappies for my child. So I went straight to the nappie...

overdue undelivered order (mak2437902) with enquiry ticket #499513

I placed an online order for product MAK2437902 on 14th Jan.2020, with immediate notification of delivery with 2-5 days. I received a follow-up text (SMS) apprising me of the product being dispatched for delivery on 15th Jan.2020. While, MAKRO online tracker (falsely) confirmed the physical delivery of the ordered product; albeit my enquiry via both Makro customer care & Support team revealed that ordered product was yet to be picked by its courier service - after a week!

Hithertho, several telephonic calls and emails to establish the status of the delivery of the ordered product remain futile, elusive and false promise of immediate delivery, scheduled for, 17th, followed by 21st and 24th Jan.2020.

Besides the payment deducted from my account for the undelivered product, I have incurred sizeable additional (telephonic) costs by being put on hold for about 15-20mins during my inquiry with MAKRO Customer Care. To add salt to an open wound, the Support team continue to send me automated emails promising to resolve this issue.

This type of poor and lackadaisical customer service is not only bad for business; it is also disappointing, disingenuous and cheapens Makro's credibility

Can anyone be truthful enough to provide me with the delivery status on the ordered product ? How can a 2-5 days delivery service be stretched to 2 weeks?

Good day O-Jones,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly accept our humblest apologies for the customer service you have received and the inconvenience this has caused you. We will contact the Online departmental management to assist and as soon as feedback is received we will contact you.

• Updated by O-Jones · Feb 05, 2020

Makro Complaints Board & Customer care Teams.

RE: Resolve: Overdue undelivered order (mak2437902) with enquiry ticket #49951

Dear all,

Many thanks for taking my complaint seriously and the proactive steps to resolve it.

Though the ordered product remains undelivered, albeit I appreciate the refund. In this regard, I'm appreciative of all expended (and co-ordinated) administrative efforts.

Kindest regards,
    O-Jones

[Resolved] undelivered item

I made an online purchase on the 20th December 2019, for a LIVELEKKER Wine & Bottle Glass Buddies as it is only available "ONLINE". I got an sms and email confirming my purchase with the order number. The estimated days for collection was 40 days which is a store collection as it is easier for me that way. After 10 days of purchase which is now 30 December, i check the "track order" ticket to see how the order is going, it says "ORDER IN PROGRESS". On the 20th January 2020 i check how far the order is, to my surprise its still in the same place "ORDER IN PROGRESS". I called in on the 21st January to find out how that is possible, i get a hold of a consultant named Karabo, she tells me that the parcel is actually on the "Order in Progress" Tab and has escalated the matter to the follow up team who should get back to me within 48 hours to latest Friday and if i wanted a refund it will take 10 days to process it okay i wait. Friday(24.01.2020) comes and ZERO CALL or EMAIL or SMS regarding my purchase. I called in today (28.01.2020) and spoke to a Richard who informed me that the item is "OUT OF STOCK" and informed me that the matter is escalated to the follow up team AGAIN!!!. Now you tell me had i not called in today to do a follow up, i would have not known that the item is OUT OF STOCK which is meant to be birthday present for a friend, hence i bought it LAST YEAR 2019, as it can arrive before the day. I don't understand your work ethics but this was very unprofessional and I DEMAND MY REFUND IMMEDIATELY.

undelivered item

Good day,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and apologies for the delayed response.

Kindly accept our humblest apologies for the customer service you have received and the inconvenience this has caused you. We will contact the stores Online departmental management to assist and as soon as feedback is received we will contact you.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Makrocontact details never get answered

I have tried 4 times today alone (in fact I am hanging on curremtly and have been for 27min36sec)

It is not always easy or viable to go into the store. I would like to discuss an oven that I purchased. Other items I would like copies of the receipts mailed to me for accounting purposes as I have misplaced my copy.

Impossible to get hold on anyone.

Ref for Oven : 485434

Someone was suppose to call me to comer and sort out an oven I bought from Makro a couple of months ago. To date, no call not mail no nothing. I have had no oven for more than a month.

I have tried numerous times to call. I just hold and listen to how import the call is to Makro>>>>>>

How? I cxant talk to anyone.

Good day Sheryl-Lynn,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly accept our humblest apologies for the customer service you have received and the inconvenience this has caused you. Your service call has been booked on Wednesday and the turn around time for the suppliers to contact you is within 2 - 3 working days.

Kindly provide your email address and so we can contact you with regards to the requested invoices.

Looking forward to assisting you further.

• Resolution Statement

incomplete delivery of order mak2200817 placed 16 october 2019 - appalling customer service

I have over the course of the past 3 months contacted makro online support via phone, email and social media in excess of 25 times, with either NO reply or feedback, or vague promises that the issue will be looked into.

The order had 3 wicker chairs and various other small items. The box with small items arrived via courier but the 3 chairs not.

Needless to say, I've not had anyone from Makro getting back to me with a resolution to the missing items issue. The lack of customer service from Makro is beyond appalling.

I do hope this can be sorted out ASAP.

[Resolved] no delivery

On the 10th of January I placed an order online for a drone, a box of lego and a blender. The drone and the Lego are meant to be a birthday present for my daughter who is turning 9. After placing my order and making the payment the system told me delivery would take 7 to 10 working days. The entire time I have been tracking my order which has NOT EVEN LEFT THE STORE YET. On Thursday the 23rd of January (after 9 working days) i sent an email to the email address provided. This email went unanswered. On Friday the 24th of January (after 10 working days) I phoned the customer care line. I was told I would receive feedback by the end of the day. It is now Monday the 27th of January. I still have not received feedback and my order STILL HAS NOT LEFT THE STORE. My order number is MAK2341097

Good day Charmaine,

[Resolved] customer service

I went to go purchase ink for my Conan printer together with a fe clothing items. I asked my daughter to get a trolley that was standing in the middle of nowhere. As she took the...

warranty on mygica atv495max device

We purchased a Mygica ATV495MAX Android device from Makro WOODMEAD, it is faulty so went in for a warranty. We received a msg from Makro Employee stating that they will not send the device back for testing nor replace it nor refund us as the manufacturer has refused to assess our faulty device. They will just give us back the broken device which clearly has a software issue. My reference number for my warranty claim is as follows 2617644.

warranty on mygica atv495max device

ryobi lawnmower

I bought a Brand new Ryobi petrol Lawnmower from Makro Centurion In December 2019. After we bought it and assembled lawnmower and pouring in the necessary oil we started the...

[Resolved] hard drive bought

I bought two portable harddrives on 14/12/2019 as christmas presents for my daughters - which we obviously only open and used it on christmas day - the one harddrive do not...

Makro Montague gardens — products on sale but no stock

659530 19/01/2020. Went to The Makro store in Milnerton as I saw they had advertised Flanagans for R80 for 6 packets. And a mix of flavours but when I get there they only had one...

[Resolved] no delivery for over a month and now there's a delay in the refund!

Hi,
Please could someone assist, My Order number is (MAK2297879)

I haven't had any assistance from the makro online customer service. An order was placed on the 4th of December with no deliver to date
I have spoken to numerous people who say they will escalate but nothing comes from it, when I call again the agents from the customer service make me hold and then just cut the call. This is the worst customer service ever. Long story short I requested that they cancel the order and just refund my money because this is ridiculous. The refund request was done on the 09/01/2020 and was told by a lady by the name of Lerato Thaela that the finance department will call in 12 hours to get my banking details, ref number(455307)until now no one has called and the status of the order is already cancelled.

I have been trying by all means to get some help but nothing is happening and its really frustrating.

I just want my money back and some feedback from somebody.

Thank you.

• Makro Online's response · Jan 16, 2020

Good day Larissa,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly accept our humblest apologies for the customer service you have received in this regard and for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. Please be advised that we will contact our Finance department and request urgent feedback in this regard. The soonest feedback is received, we will contact you.

Please note that feedback will be relayed within 24 - 48 hours.

[Resolved] customer care line and delay in order placed 2 months ago

MAK2285922
I enquired about an order I placed and paid for on the 30th of November 2019 and received a reply that said one of your customer service agents will get back to me with feedback. This was after I kept on getting promises that my order was on its way but never made it to me. Few days went past and I didn't hear anything. Decided to do a follow up and received no response. Everytime I call your call centre and I give them my order number, they drop the phone in my hear. I have ran out of patience having to wait for my item to arrive. This really isn't acceptable and I have to say the worst service I have ever received from anyone.

Good day Julian,

Thank you for reaching out on our Complaints Board platform, we do apologize for the delay in response and inconvenience caused throughout your journey with us.

makro bulk products

Good morning

I work for a big company - we order online food/cleaning materials etc.
But for the past 3 times i placed an order, i cannot order milk, sugar, pasta in bulk. basically what we need in bulk i cannot order online. why is this? we are placing big orders each and every single time. But the necessities we cannot order online. I feel that Makro as a big company should be accomodating this service online. So we are then supporting other shops to buy these products, which for us is not so convenient as they do not deliver.

Please be so kind as to respond to this complaint by either phoning me or sending me an email.

Jonie Nortje [protected]
[protected]@rootscoldstorage.co.za

[Resolved] 75" television

Ref 442101

I have sent emails, called and went personally to the Cornubia store to sort the issue of damaged product received. I spoke to Sandile Langa, Sithandiwe Mpanza who was to create a STO from Springfield on 29th December. He mentioned that he will be on leave but his manager Shaun Thomas will sort and deliver on 30th or 31st.

To date, no calls from Makro nor has the item been replaced.

This is really disturbing considering that you are such a large organisation but it proves customer service at MAKRO IS NON EXISTENT.

PLEASE CALL ME ON [protected]

Good day Rabeen,

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] non-delivery of samsung tv (customer ref mak2266145)

I bought a Samsung tv (orderID MAK2266145/[protected]) on the 29th of November 2019 but I still haven't received my order. I later received an e-mail claiming that my tv licence is in arrears, which is not the case, and that the tv licence validation system was down on the day. I replied to that e-mail providing my tv licence number, however, I did not receive any response. This is poor service, I want my order to be delivered as soon as possible or just reimburse my funds.

Good day Mongezi,

• Resolution Statement

black friday order still missing

Hi
Placed my order MAK2275314 on 29/11. I have phoned, emailed, wapp, phoned, emailed, on numerous occasions. A bunch of empty promises of sending with a courier, NO trampoline was delivered. It has been 5 weeks. Had to buy other last minute gift for my children, as theirs didn't arrive due to bad service from Makro.
Really heavily disappointed- when will I receive my order? How will I be compensated for having to wait this long?
Not happy customer!!!

poor delivery service from makro & dawn wing couriers

On the 30th November 2019, I purchased a Dolce Gusto Lumio Coffee Machine via Makro's online shopping platform, having experienced [censored] service when I purchased a Gazebo, against my better judgement thinking maybe, just maybe I would have better luck this time, but NO! The stars weren't in my favour. I followed my order update each day, shipped from warehouse in JHB - Great! With the courier company Dawn Wing, One morning, I wake up and see that my package was delivered. Awesome! Only to find out that it was never delivered but confirmation on their website says it had been. I called them frantically, stressed out of my wits, I gave their watsapp number a try as well, this too confirmed that my package was delivered (Just btw, they do not have real ppl on their watsapp platform - its all robotic and automated and no help). Dawn Wing JHB says its with Dawn Wing Durban, Dawn Wing Durban says its still on JHB Warehouse floor. Samantha, Ernest.. Call Centre agents.. phone calls, emails.. calls on my expense, my money, my time, no one wants to take responsibility. Than Nazeem from Dawn Wing calls me saying Makro is at fault and they duplicated my waybill. Duplicated or not, the Physical Address is the same, I should've got it. I called Makro helpline and management was conveniently in a meeting all the time. I demanded compensation for this type of stress, I felt it was only fair that I be compensated, they not gonna pay my phone bill. Back and forth email correspondence (REF#432308) with a person by the name of Thlologelo Makukule, so vaguely responding to my email without giving me answers, without resolving my problem, but each time apologising for the "late response and inconvinienced caused". I emailed back, I told them I don't want their apologies, I wanted results, I wanted management involved, I wanted a plan, I wanted a replacement. All this pain on the expense of the customer, their investigation is not my problem, you make the customer happy. You replace the lost untraceable product immediately than go about your own internal investigations. Its over a month, I didn't get any coffee machine. I told them they stole my money, they stole my money and faked a trial of delivery confirmation to recipient. I feel swindled, angry, hurt and more angry. I don't know who to approach, what next/what do I do? I four my product, I paid their r90 delivery fee, my side was done all they had to do was pack and deliver directly to my doorstep between 7 - 10 working days and here I am, begging, fighting for my delivery. I am exhausted. A refund will take another year to process, that means I have to go through all of this again. What do I do? Please do not purchase anything via makro online. Its nothing more of a headache, a disappointment and a let down. They do not have a proper system in place neither do they have proper staff to fix a simple problem.

Makroterrible service

Good day.

Purchased a vacuum cleaner and gazebo with Makro online with the Black Friday week special Makro was running.
That was on the 29th Nov. 2019
I have yet to receive the item. Though online it shows it has been delivered. This is really unbelievable. These people play with your money and time. Everytime I call theres excuses. And I'm the one spending my airtime money calling to hear these excuses.

I have no reason to believe that I will receive any response from this email, since my experience so far has been that Makro is content with taking money from online buyers, not delivering PURCHASED goods, and then washing their hands of follow-up customer service.

online store and call center

I went into the Pietermaritzburg store on the 31st of December to purchase a 18000 btu Samsung aircon. There was no stock and I was asked to go to their online section to purchase...