Having problems with Kohl's?

1855 564 5705 (Kohls.com)
1866 887 8884 (Customer Service)
1855 564 5748 (Kohl's Charge)
1855 564 5751 (Yes2You Rewards)
+1 262 703 7000 (Head Office)
+1 877 342 4337 (Merchandise Departments)
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive
Sat7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

tell me what's wrong...

Okay...so here's the deal. I work at Kohl's, and I'm quite knowledgable about any and all...

unauthorized charges

I called Kohl's collections department because they left a message for me to call. I was told that I owed 14.36 for a charge made in February. I never received a statement for the charge. I was told I signed up for paperless statement and I must of received it, however I did not. Kohls told me they reported this to the credit bureaus and I had to write a letter to get this removed maybe from my record. I am 57 years old and never have had a bill I did not pay by the due date. This was a insult to me and feel they are tring to hurt my credit rating for 14.36. I wrote a letter and hope it clears my record, as for Kohl's I would not step foot in a Kohls Store ever again.I would never recommend Kohl's to anyone. I was treated very poorly, I do not feel they can inform the credit bureaus I did not pay a bill when I never recieved a statement.

Charrier Aug 13, 2009

An unknown perpetrator has accessed my personal account information and has been making charges, whether in the stores, or thru access of a credit card is unknown. This charges are being made in my name, and this is my statement that I, Mary A Charrier, do not have a Kohl's charge, have not applied for a Kohl's charge, and will NOT be responsible to paying any such charges accumulated in my name, address, or social security number. A fraud alert has been placed with the three major credit reporting bureaus. Date of this posting, 8-13-09.

• Ke
    kellythy May 28, 2010

If you really never made this purchase then call the FRAUD dept at kohls and they take care of all of that. Now, I'm assuming you did make this purchase and you just FORGOT. No one's fault, but your own. If you make a purchase and don't recieve a statement, wouldnt you call and ask like any other responsible adult who understands bills, for another bill? This situation is no one's fault, but YOURS, DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES and learn your lesson.

hems

i bought five pairs of apt.9 cut offs ...one in white, two in black and two in brown...everyone of the pant...

waiting for ring to be sized

I purchased a ring in the jewelry department at Kohls on may 10. I had to have my ring resized. And I have no complaints about Kohls because the sales people have been great every time I've called. But it has been over a month and still no ring.
I really think that Kohls should think about changing the Jeweler company because it seems like most of the complaints have been about the private company that is hired to do service for Kohls. I was told that all the Kohls send their jewery to the same company and that is why it takes so long. I don't think that is a good answer because if I did not get my work done with in a reasonable time then I probably would not have a job with the company. And so far 35 days and counting is not reasonable. I am paying interest on my Kohls card without the item and I don't think that is fair.

• Re
    RetailDefender Jun 27, 2009

Mother's day is one of the busiest times for the jewelry department, Kohls has over 1200 stores and an entire online shopping community that depend on this one vendor. You are not the only one and by the way when a company like Kohls establishes a multimillion dollar contract with a vendor they can't just dismiss them. There was probably a huge influx of rings to be sized it is the same way at valentines day, I am sure that the Jewelry associates are doing their best but in the end if you are the 50th person in line at the doctors office no matter how many times you say "when will it be my turn" you continue to be the 50th person. . . sorry but that is reality.

• Wa
    waiting... Jun 29, 2009

That is nice that you can defend the retailer but I have no problems with Kohl's. I am paying for a purchase that still has not arrived and this will be almost 50 days that my ring has been out.. So NO that is "Not Reality". I have heard the same story about Kohl's having 1200 stores and online stores and they send their jewelry to the same place. I am tired of hearing it. I understand that it gets busy but it is NOT REASONABLE to wait this long.
    Department stores hire seasonal help for the Busiest times like the holidays and that is what a multimillion dollar company that cares about their customers should do because it is the busiest time for their busniess.

SO again This is a warning to customers if you are getting married or getting engaged, you may have to wait over 50 days for your ring... AND I am not the only person who is waiting for my purchase as the retaildefender stated. So to the retaildefender thank you for your response but you should be in my shoes and wait, , and wait and wait.. then talk because from your response to me and your strong personality (which is a good thing), you will not be happy with waiting 50 days for a purchase over $900.

• Tr
    trippinvicious Oct 13, 2009

You don't have to be paying interest on the item on your Kohl's card, first. You could have paid the item off in full. Second, as a jewelry associate at Kohl's, I can tell you that I am specifically instructed to tell customers that it will take no less than 8 weeks to get a ring sized. There are, of course, times of the year where it will take less time and rings may come back in 3 weeks. However, Mother's Day, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc are all WICKED busy times for jewelry and that means lots of rings to be sized. For future reference, you can order the size you need online and only have to wait for shipping time, not sizing time.
    I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long for your ring, but the associate should have told you up front how long you would have to wait. I can tell you that I would usually be the last one to defend the company because they don't treat their employees well, but I will tell you that it's not Kohl's fault your ring has taken so long to be sized. Do your research and post a complaint against the company that actually does the work. Since you said the ring was over $900, I know that you didn't have to even pay for your ring to be sized, so don't complain about the time it's taking. You wouldn't want the company doing the work to rush through every job and have awful quality work would you? Even if it meant getting your ring back in four weeks versus 8???

• Br
    BrittyLang Nov 01, 2012

I had the same thing happen to me. It was before christmas when I sent it out and they told me it would be a month and a half because of the holidays, it was completely fine! It was an anniversary present and I really wanted it back, do naturally I was counting down the days. It was 6months before I got my ring. After several phone calls and "it should be in next week"s it took 6 months to come back THE FIRST TIME. I was fine and just exited to have it back. Someone called and I came all the way to the store (I loved 30mins away from the Springfield store and I live in Fairborn Ohio) only to have a manager greet me at the counter. He then said "I dont know why they called you before they looked at it" and my ring was distroyed and melted. I had to get another ring at same price, which I wanted the same ring... But of course, they had no more anywhere... So I ended up with a ring cheaper than the one I had got 15%back off my ring and a completely different ring, wait for it... After 4 mo tha waiting for that one to come back from being resized. Very sad experience and it ruined my financés beautiful gift to me on our 5 year anniversary. And after all that I didn't yell or complain, just will know I won't go back to ask them to send this ring away for anything. We should've went to Kay's.

payment in full

Beware when you pay your credit card in full. I paid a balance of $610.00 after 2 days I saw the amount removed from my checking account. The next day I went shopping at Kohls and the card was denied. The reason given by customer service. Balances paid over $500.00 are held for 14 days even though the deduction was taken from my checking account in 2 days. We were very loyal customers but now cancelled the card and will never shop at Kohls again. Kohls will loose about $500.00 a month based on our current spending pattern. Im sure with their business policys they will be the next big chain to go under.

mrsquigles Jun 02, 2009

Maybe you shouldn't have tried giving Kohl's over $1100 dollars in two days. Damn!

mrsquigles Jun 02, 2009

I agree with Eileen. There's a lot of wisdom on this site. You may not always like it or agree with it but as a whole it's very useful.

mrsquigles Jun 10, 2009

Thanks, Eileen. I appreciate that. This site really is an example of civility and friendship. I get the feeling some people don't really like the environment but I just don't see that.

• Di
    dirtycuban1211 Jul 20, 2009

$500 dollars a month is chump change, frankly. The discontinuation of your shopping won't affect anything. On slow day, my store rakes in roughly 60 grand. That's per day, not week, not month. We're doing very well for ourselves, thank you very much.

• Ic
    ICBUGZ Nov 23, 2009

Hey this just happened to me and I too cancelled my card. I paid off my $1100. bill so I could have enough credit to go back and spend more. My daughter and I were told my card would not be good for 10 days! I was scowled at by the manager and she was rude and ugly to me and my daughter. Just to make her day after the associate voided out the bill, without asking me, I just had her ring it back up and put it on my daughter's card. Hello. I have figured this out, they don't want cards paid off each month, they want the interest on the credit. I realize they are aiming for different customers than the pay as you go shoppers. I got great deals, but why send me a "gold card." if it really does nothing but give the retailer the opportunity to send more coupons? Hey I'm a happy girl and can always shop my heart out at Macy's.

service

I visited the store with my infant son and was browsing and shopping. I shopped in the jewelry dept for a...

false advertising

My wife and I recently went to Kohl's to purchase an extra gift for Mother's Day. The flyer we were using showed a pair of diamond accent earrings originally $50.00 marked down to$11.76 and with further discounts a final price of $9.99. We asked the clerk where they were located and she directed us to 2 tables. Unfortunately there weren't any of the item we were looking for. We talked to the clerk and she made a call to the manger. She told us that all they had was what was on the tables and wouldn't be getting any more in.
On Friday we found a Kohl's special mother day sales flyer in our newspaper. Once again the earrings were listed. On the chance that the store had received new stock we called the store to verify that the item was actually in the store. The clerk said that they didn't have that item. The store had just gotten a trailer in and that item wasn't on the truck.
I went online thinking that maybe I could place an order for the earrings that way. The website showed the earrings with he same price as the sales flyer. I clicked on the "buy this item" button but was unable to find the item when the page reloaded. I then searched for the item by price and category and was again unable to find the item.
By this time I realized that this was some kind of bait and switch so I called trheir customer service. I spoke to a woman and explained the sequence of events. She suggested I call the store and speak to the manager. I explained I was already told that the earrings were unavailable. she apologized and asked if there was anything else she could do for me. I said yes, get the items you advertise in the store so people can actually purchase them. I told her that this was a bait and switch operation and asked her to report my complaint to her superiors.

It appears that Kohl's could give a rat's butt about their customers. If this was the end of the week of the sale I could see them being sold out of an item this cheaply priced. However this sales flyer was for Friday and Saturday. There was no way the store could have sold out that quickly (Friday morning). I've had a similar problem with Best Buy so I guess Kohl's will be added to my list of "crap" stores to shop (or not) with.

• Jl
    jlt25 May 08, 2009

I work at Kohl's and the sales flyers are printed months in advance. It's not our fault if we sell out of the item prior to the ad coming out!

Cassie May 20, 2009

I agree! I also work at a Kohl's store and what customer's don't realize is that we have these items for sale BEFORE they are in the ad. Sometimes they sell out. Get over it. It's not our fault. It's not as if we print the ads at the store and are like "Hmmm...what can we put in that we don't have?" It's just as frustrating for the associates when we run out of an item in the ad because we have to deal with the customers that rip us new ones for something that isn't our fault!!

eagle69 May 28, 2009

people people just because things are in the ad doesnt mean its in store just for that sale !! its in the store all the time just because you chose to purchase it for that ad doesnt mean its there just for you when u feel like geting it. the ad is printed 3 months in advance. get real get a life

• Ai
    Aidan Jun 24, 2009

You know what's funny? Those ads? They don't apply to every single store! Not every store you go to is going to have the same stock! I work at a smaller Kohls, and we get less stock than bigger Kohls. It's not so hard to believe that maybe they sold out of the stupid earrings you wanted. Is it our fault that everyone wants the same cheap items that are in the sales flyers?

They advertise good deals, yes. But it's -so- easy for an item to sell out quickly. On most advertised sales days, we've already sold out of the stock we had, and must then listen to customers ### and moan about how we don't have what they need. We do our best, and we call around to other stores to try and find the items that customers want, but that takes time, and you have to be patient...

I apologize for the fact that you couldn't find it online. Perhaps it was a simple error with the website, that happens you know. Maybe a misplaced link? No need to get so upset about something that is hardly the store's fault...

You should be glad that the associates were so polite with you, rather than upset that they didn't have what you wanted. It was no clever plot to make you angry, I promise.

• binder Jun 24, 2009

(I'm sure Best Buy is really hurting from your lack of patronage)

Gah, you customers and your cries of "false advertising!" and "bait & switch!" It's like your mantra. I'm surprised you didn't threaten to call the Better Business Bureau; I'm sure that's next on your to-do list.

Let me enlighten you - there is fine print in damn near every ad or flyer like those, and I'd be willing to bet the flyer you're referring to had it too. I'd venture further by guessing it read "offer not available in all stores" "offer limited to stock on hand" or something similar. Smart companies always include legal disclaimers to cover their ###. With that said, your claim of false advertisment is WRONG.

Additionally, bait and switch is when an item is advertised, but not available. Never was available to begin with. So when you go to purchase said item, you are told it is out of stock, and you are offered a "better" but more expensive product. You are "baited" with the original item, and the store "switches" the item with something more expensive. When you when into Kohls, they didn't try to upsell you, did they? Nope! So again, with that said, your claim of bait and switch is WRONG.

You should really take the time and learn the phrases you so flippantly throw around.

Lastly, I'm sure you have noticed, Kohls is a rather large corporation. Individual stores have no say or control in regards to what is placed in their ads. It's a shame you can't figure out how to purchase something online; it would have saved the sales associates from one less clueless drone of a customer.

• Bb
    bbbv Oct 12, 2009

I attempted to purchase a USB turntable advertised 10/11 at 12:20pm 10/11. The telephone flunky advised that the $69.99 item was sold out, but offered two options: $99.99 and $249.99.

Bait.

Switch.

###

• Ov
    Overworked Apr 06, 2010

OMG! I can't imagine how the store could have ran out of item that was specifically ment for YOU! The horror of it! It must be bait and switch cause you and you alone were they only person who saw that ad and wanted that item! SOOOooo, they MUST not have EVER had that item there!

• Mc
    MCpBL Aug 09, 2010

Today..I just got screwed by Kohls as well!! Googled Batman Wall decal. (Go ahead and try it today). You will see that on the Googled Sponsored Links it advertises this product for $9.99. It's also a link to the Kohls site. So I clicked on it to order. GUESS what the price was????? $48.99.

Been on the phone with Kohls customer service..and corporate. No apologies. One rep said, "if we can see the google page and see it for ourselves, then we will match the price. But we are not allowed to see the Google screen. So we can't."

Another rep said, "There are people out there that posts that and they are posting things like that which are not affiliated with us. So it's like a joke."

Corporate said, "I can't do anything about it. My computer will only give you free shipping."

The breath of fresh air was I had a manager at the store say, "I tried calling on your behalf and they said that sometimes an ad is placed out there to LURE you in. I personally think it's [censor]ed and I told them that they just lost a customer because of their no help in price adjusting. They also need to take note of their FALSE ADVERTISING."

SO..for all you Kohls employees out there that think your company is this great wonderful business...you are being DECEIVED.

IT'S BAIT AND SWITCH ALL THE WAY.

• Th
    TheKyle Dec 13, 2010

MC, it isn't bait and switch. You're stupid. In fact, just last weekend at the Kohl's I work at, I gave three customers more expensive items because we didn't have the cheaper one - FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE CHEAPER ITEM.

"I want the Cuisinart panini maker."
    "Sorry, we don't have that, but I can give you the George Foreman panini maker, which has more features than the Cuisinart one and is worth $70 more, for the same price."
    Deal made.

"I want this Coffee pot."
    "We're currently out of stock, would you like this more expensive model for the same price?"
    Deal made.

"I would like this steam mop, but don't see any out here."
    "We actually sold out of that item yesterday, but I can replace it with the better Shark steam mop for the same price, if you would like."
    Deal made.

Quit your [censor]ing. Seriously.

misleading ads

On 5-5-2009 Kohls had a sign in the mens department that said "ALL SOCKS: buy 1 package, get 2nd package half...

kohls - fraud via multiple unauthorized charges

Kohls.com is a fraudulent website. Do not buy from them. I tried to purchase something from them on-line and repeatedly got a "rejected" message that my credit card was not accepted and to enter another cardnumber. After entering both my American Express and Visa number, whicho were both "rejected", I gave up. I called their customer service number and the telephone tree message told me to enter my SSN, which immediately got me suspicious. I hung up.

A few hours later, American Express sent me a security alert to ask if I had used my card at Kohls. I told them I tried and failed and luckily, they rejected the charge. I then immedidately called my Visa bank and sure enough, Kohls also charged my Visa card twice that same day! I cancelled my Visa card and rejected the Kohls charges. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY OR THEIR WEBSITE! They steal your credit card number this happened on May 1, 2009.

• St
    starfall56 Sep 20, 2009

Kohl's always asks for your SSN to verify your identity when calling. You can always tell the person on the phone that you aren't comfortable giving them that information and they will ask you a different set of questions.

From what you are describing, it seems that the Kohl's credit servers where down at the time you were trying to make a purchase, which is why your charges were denied and since you tried to pay multiple times you were charged multiple times once the servers were back up. If the charges were allowed to go through you would have been refuned your money without question.

• El
    eljay Mar 25, 2010

Clearly it wasn't the fault of the department store. Their credit servers were down, which happens at any shopping website frequently.

• Na
    Nadia Kinsky Nov 08, 2016

I was charged three times for one purchase. I called the customer service and they said that i would have to clear it with my bank. They didnt do anything to refund my money!!! Never going to shop at Kohl's.com again! Total ripoff.

attitudes

Just a very short note on this 'complaint'. I was called and called and called last week about my account being late. . . I did not know that it was late (I made an error with my bill paying procedures) when i spoke w / no less than 3 different persons; none would explain sum 'i must pay by such and such a date or pay that amount the following month also. Though i said whoa, please explain!!! I only figured out what they were all saying by going in to my local kohls and speaking to a repsentative. This wonderful customer service person explained their shananigans it to me. . . Without an attituted and with a nice smile. Kohls almost lost a customer.

My problem / reason for this complaining note: i did a little shopping a kohl's today and when given my slip (S) was told to to call www. Kohls.com / survey. . . For chance to win moms day prizes. . . (I foolishly thought i was to report about that day's customer service) .
No so, it was a lure to join a group of persons who will be paid for surveys and required so much personal information that i was waiting for a request for my teeth fillings (As metals are so dear right now) . Nowhere in all the materials that i read were mentioned kohls or chance to win a mother day's $15, 000 family vacation.

Sincerely, phoenix, az

eagle69 May 28, 2009

why do you think we should accomodate YOUR mistake? you admited the error was caused by you, not kohls! i get so sick of customers coming into the store with thier expired kohls cash and expired coupons and throwing a tantrum like it is our fault you were too lazy to read the expiration date. and dont use the excuse "i was out of town" cause we get tired of hearing that one. would you dare go to borsheims with a christmas ad in the month of july and expect them to honor the sale? i dont think so.

READ THE COUPON THE DATES ARE THERE FOR A REASON !! IF YOU CAN READ WHAT DOLLAR AMOUNT THE COUPON IS FOR YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE WRITING AND LOOK AT THE DATE IT EXPIRES !!

• binder May 28, 2009

I love how customers think it's the company's fault when THEY make the mistake.

• Cl
    clester Sep 13, 2009

Kohl's never does giveaways like that. It was a scam of some sort. The only survey we should ever offer you to take is a simple survey that prints out with every receipt with the url <www.kohls.com/survey> which is a tell us what you think survey.

buyers beware - wrong sale prices posted on racks

Kohl’s either has incompetent staff or they are seriously trying to stay in business by posting wrong prices above their clothes. I went to their store this evening to purchase a few items and ended up paying more than I wanted.

There was a sign above the Hanes t-shirts stating buy one get one free. There were no other Hanes products to the left or right of these Hanes shirts for me to think oh they are referring to the underwear at the back of the isle!! Anyway when I get to the register they tell me oh it's buy 2 get one free. So you see folks at that point you already have two in hand at full price and if you are not careful no one will tell you oh go get a third as that one will be free. You think you are paying for two with one being half price...

The second item I went to go purchase was a pair of Sonoma boys Cargo shorts. There was a sign above the shorts stating 50% off Sonoma shorts and the board listed Cargo shorts as one of the items. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. I get to the register and the sales lady tells me oh you can get another pair for free as it's buy one get one free. Once again the sign was wrong as they scam you into buying a second pair and making you pay $24 instead of $12.

Bottom line is that I wanted to buy two Hanes shirts as they were buy one get one half off which would have had a pre tax cost of $15 and a pair of Sonoma shorts at 50% of 24 for $12 for a total pre tax cost of $27. Instead I ended up paying $34 for one Hanes t-shirt and two Sonoma shorts!

Anyway I can't see this company staying in business for much longer with such fraudulent behavior. It's unfortunate for the hard working employees that are going to be victims of poor management.

BEWARE BUYERS - CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

Cassie May 20, 2009

You do realize that it's human beings that put up the signs and sometimes humans make mistakes. Sorry that not everyone is as perfect as you!

jt12 May 21, 2009

i agree. humans are also the ones reading the signs, and are possible of making mistakes when reading them. many people get buy one get one signs confused with buy two get one signs. it is just because you see what you want to see.

• Ai
    Aidan Jun 24, 2009

It's very possible that when you stepped into the store, they were still in the process of adjusting the signing for the items. Did you know that with a store the size of most of our stores, it takes several hours to change over all the signing? And all of our available floor associates are out there flipping signs, so as to get it taken care of as soon as possible. We try to stay out of your way, and we do as much of it while we're closed as possible, but sometimes ads set during the middle of the day.

Also, when we're setting signs, there are times when customers are where we need to be. Sometimes we forget to come back to a particular area. It isn't as though we're trying to rip you off.

As a cashier, I see this happen a lot, and it always frustrates me, because it isn't my fault, and everyone assumes that I should know all of the prices, and that I should just automatically adjust the prices for them. If your discrepency is above a certain amount, I have to call and check with that department. A lot of times, the person working that department is busy helping someone else...I try my best to keep my eye on what I'm ringing up, but I don't know what is supposed to ring up what. That's every bit as much your responsibility to point out as it is mine to fix it for you.

All I can suggest to you is that you take a moment before you slide your card or write your check or whatever it is you intend to do. Slow down, and look over that screen at the end of the bay. Look at the prices. And then ask me if you have any questions. Politely, if you please?

jt12 Jul 01, 2009

Very well said Aidan. I agree 100%.

• Ov
    Overworked Apr 06, 2010

They don't have enough employees to be careful. The workers are pushed to get things done a record speed. This causes mistakes to occur.

thats why things are so cheap there.

shoplifting

On mar 9, I have been charged for shoplifting in kohls for $521, though it was $200. they arrest me and...

workman walked in on me in dressing room without knocking or saying a word

Dec 08 i was changing clothes in a non lock dressing room at kohls in franklin tn. A workman walked in and...

employee at jewelry dept.

I recently went to Kohls and I wanted to see something at the Jewelry dept. The employees who work in the...

scam and cheating

Kohl's currently will change your address information without your consent. They use credit reports to check for addresses and if they find a conflicting address they go ahead and change your address. They do not attempt to get in touch with you to inquire about a conflicting address, they just go ahead and change it without your consent. This has happened to me and they changed my address and starting sending my bills and my new credit card to my ex-husband. When I called to find out what happened, they claim they have the right to change your information based on Experian. I tried to explain that my legal address was current and had been for 3 years. They don't care about your situation, they don't care if they put your information into the hands of strangers, they claim to not have a 'systematic procedure' in place to present system updates from occurring. They are their exact words. I've reported them to the Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission. I'm appalled at this business practice and want to shout at the rooftops to cancel your Koh's charge cards. If they don't have proper systems in place to protect your information, run from them as fast as you can... I truly cannot believe this is legal.

• Me
    Meg Jul 08, 2008

In December 2007, I purchased a $25 gift card for a relative. Since it was about two weeks before Christmas, I opted to pay extra for rush shipping. I entered my information and my relatives information correctly. I double checked the transaction and confirmed the order.

The item was supposed to arrive well before December 25. My aunt, the recipient, called and said she never received the card. It was a grab bag gift, so I was embarrassed. I called Kohl's and I spoke with a representative. The representative told me that the card had been accepted in my aunt's hometown. However, it never arrived at the appropriate address. I asked her to cancel the card and refund my money. At this point, almost a month later, I had bought another gift card and mailed it myself. I had spent well over $50 on a $25 gift. The rep told me a manager would contact me. I never heard from them or was refunded the money. I called again, but the call was again ignored. DO not purchase from this company, online. It was a bad deal all the way around.

jt12 May 21, 2009

did you ever think that you should contact your post office and lodge a complaint with them?

• Si
    Sickend Associate Jun 26, 2009

I am sorry about this it is an attempt to make it easier for you to move with credit card, but that idea that they can't change it to what you need is absurd and needs to be fixed.

• Me
    me!~ Jan 02, 2010

I have been going to Kohl's since I was little. My family and I go there all the time and have never ever been ripped off.

• Do
    DONNA8926 Jan 18, 2010

I have been a satisfied customer for yrs.of KOHL'S. On Sat i waited for 25 minutes in the shoe Dept. with 7 other customers. Finally I went to the front cashier and asked to have someone come to help us. After another 10 min.and another request at the front a lady came. By this time more people had come and found no help, now mad, I waited then took the display shoe i wanted to her and she said all shoes were out due to recent inventory.I explained that i could not event find anymore different size shoes on sale let alone the mate to the one on display.! we both looked. Why would you put 1 shoe on display for SALE and have NO MORE IN STOCK or event under shelves.NONE. I gathered my other items went to check out only to find only 3 registers open with lines upon lines of customers waiting to pay! I went to the jewelery counter and found no line BUT the male cashier was on the phone. I couldn't help but hear he was on a personal call, so i spoke up and asked if he could check me out. HE NEVER LOOKED TO SEE IF I HAD JEWELERY BUT said he couldn't check me out because i had clothes! He returned to his caller and i went to wait in lines. PEOPLE were putting down things and walking out. I would have too except they were birthday presents for that day. NOW comes the KICKER! As i was going by the jewelery counter the man was checking out a customer that was buying shoes and non jewelery items. I WAS ALREADY DISCUSTED WITH THIS SERVICE so i stopped and said"" I THOUGH YOU COULDN'T DO THAT! ""HE HELD UP A PR. OF EARRINGS and said he has jewelery too. Itold him you never looked to see if i did or not when you were on the phone!

• Ke
    kellythy May 28, 2010

You are so full of it lady, when an address is changed and kohls find out it was our mistake, kohls corrects the mistake, and refunds any late fess and interest charges to your account. On top of that kohls sincerely apologizes for any inconvienience they may have caused you and sends awesome coupons to you for your trouble. And this crap about sharing your information with strangers, no sorry, pay ATTENTION, does your bill have your account number or social security number on it??? NOPE, so stop being so ridiculous, talk to a supervisor and get it straightened out. If you let kohls give you customer service, then they would, but freaking out and being obnoxious won't get you anywhere with ANY BUSINESS, good luck doing business anywhere.

• Ho
    Hollycat Mar 27, 2012

I have to disagree with your assertion that Kohl's has any interest in providing customer service or fixing an error. I had an account that was in good standing with no outstanding charges changed from my address to another one in November. No notification, no verification of the information. An authorized user used it without telling me in December, I only found out when I got calls from collections. I got a response from customer service only after writing the CEO. I requested a refund of the fees charged, a letter to the credit bureaus, copies of the bills, and an explanation. The refund was made as a credit to a closed account instead of the check I requested. The refund amount was incorrect. I did finally get copies of the statements sent to me and am assured that the credit bureaus have been contact regarding the error. The explanation provided was lousy, no coupons, no sincere apology. I've never had this problem with another credit card and never encountered a company so uninterested and unwilling to fix an error. I have been a Kohl's customer for a long time but I will never shop at Kohl's again, I will tell everyone I know about my experience and I will file complaints with every consumer advocate I can find.

accused of stealing

I didn't realize that this website existed, but glad that it does. Gives the consumer a whole new...

almost impossible to pay your bill

I just now canceled my account, - can't pay unless you have a routing number. - can't pay with...

my bad experience

My boyfriend proposed to me with a beautiful diamond ring from Kohl's, unfortunately it did not fit so we took it back to get it resized. A few weeks later (when it was ready) we went to pick it up. The ring was missing the diamond and after talking to the manager she said that there was nothing they could do about it and that I could pick out another ring of the same value. I then explained to her that this was the ring he picked for me and the ring that he PROPOSED to me with and that I wanted that exact ring. The manager was very rude and didn't seem to care for there customers feelings. So after all that our only options were to keep the original ring with the missing diamond or pick some thing of the same value. Needless to say I picked out another ring, but I AM PISSED!!! I will never shop at Kohl's again and warn everyone to not get jewellery resized or anything else of that nature from their.

Sandra Feb 09, 2009

I agree with you. My fiance got me a ring for Christamas. It took six weeks to get it returned from being sized, and when we went to get it, there was a deep scratch on the side of it. We were told that they can send it back but that it will be an additional 2 weeks to wait... Unbelievable!!!

HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO JARRODS !!! HAHAHA

• Vi
    Vidya Gopalakrishnan Dec 09, 2015

Kohls is terrible on many counts and and provides false information!! I placed an order online on Nov 25th and realized shortly thereafter that the address had exactly one alphabet wrong. By the way, this was an order to help a priest tide over the Christmas season! I called Kohl's to rectify the mistake, the very next day. Although the order had not even begun to be processed, I was told that the order was in process and changes cannot be made, but a cancellation and a new order for the same items was possible. The first order would be refunded once the cancellation went through. I did this. Unfortunately, not only was the original not cancelled, but they charged me for shipping for the second order-which was advertised as free. The "icing on the cake" was that I never received an email with the details of the cost and don't even have a receipt at this point for my second purchase. When I called back to deal with the first order again, I was also informed by Kohl's that I had to call the shipper and inform them of the mistake in the address, and if that was not possible then the addressee should refuse the order and Kohl's would refund me the amount for the first order. Fedex helped me, but UPS could not. I have yet to receive a refund even though the delivery was refused several days ago. I have spoken to at least 10 people, three of whom are managers. These include Nancy, Daniel, Kiara, Gladys, Sharon Hanson, Rita, John and Reed Gradeless. One manager (John) even had the nerve to give me a wrong telephone extension (x73017) and email address ([email protected]). I know this because when I tried calling back, I was told that there was no such extension. The second manager (Sharon Hanson) never returned my call, the third told me that he would cancel the order and would email me back, but never did. I called corporate today (Dec 9th, 2015), who sent me back to the online ordering system!!! I beyond furious with KOHL'S, and urge those of you with a similar experience to come forward and share your story. Needless to say, I will NEVER shop at Kohl's and will make sure that my friends and family hear about the unacceptable customer service at Kohl's.

late pay

Today I had to call Kohls credit for the third time and I am getting the runaround.

Basically I bought something from them a few months ago and never received a paper bill. I missed two payments. I got it in email form but it was buried in the mass of junkmail I get every week. I never asked for it to be electronic and I cannot seem to get paper statements turned back on.

The first time I called I received an apology and got a credit for the late fees. The customer service person walked me through turning paper bills back on. I thought I was done.

A few weeks later I get a letter saying they can not take the late pays off my credit.

I called back and asked what happened? They said that it must not have been presented correct to the backoffice so they run it through again to get it fixed this time. Also, the customer service person said it is still showing no paper statements... So she walks me through turning paper statements on again.

So I call back in. This time the customer service person says that since they already sent it through twice they probably wont even look at it again. And... I still am not setup to receive paper statements. He accused me of logging into the website and turning them off. I suspect there is a way to check into that.

I'm contacting the credit bureaus but I don't think I will get far. This is awful because it has dropped my credit score below 700 and we are trying to buy a house. Next month… 

• Ta
    TaniaG Jun 25, 2009

Phil,
    Same thing has happened to me and my credit score has dropped from 775 to 660. I am having sleepless nights and do not know what to do. I have had a spotless credit history and now I am banging my head thinking "why did i even open this account".

All this happened when I am just about to buy a house.

God..help me !

Carolynne201 Jan 25, 2010

The exact same thing happened to me! My credit score dropped 50 points. The funny thing is it went back up 15 points once I cancelled my Kohls Credit Card. I have reported this to the BBB and the Attorney General. I have been notified that they will investigate my case further. I would advise both of you doing the same. This way maybe we can put a stop to the unlawful procedures in place at Kohls. Horrible company with the worst customer service department I have ever experienced.

anand25 Aug 01, 2010

Totally agree..same thing happened to me. When I call their customer service, they said I had the paper billing turned off. I asked them to switch it on and then again next month no paper billing..What is worse, my score dropped 50 points due to these idiots. I even wrote to them explaining the situation and they sent a response saying "The integrity of the credit reporting system relies on the validity of the information furnished; therefore, we are unable to comply with your request." Integrity..[censor] you. I immediately called them up and canceled the account and after 8 years of using the card, cut it into 20 pieces..I request everyone using Kohls credit card to do the same. They will make money by hook or crook..

Mama Ain't Happy May 27, 2011

I opened a card in November of 2010. I originally started with paper statements and then went to e mail statements which was a mistake. I placed a charge and then like one customer above, the statements went into my junk mail account with my internet provider. I was called after my account was 60 days late. My records with Kohls show no other call to me prior to this time (they did have valid phone numbers for me). When I complained as to why I was not contacted sooner, I was told by a supervisor that it is NOT the policy of Kohl's to call you at the point of your account being 30 days late. WHY? Because they do not want to upset a customer according to the supervisor. I think the why is...they do not mind ruining the credit histories of their clients. I originate home loans each day and I had noticed that many good paying customers often have lates shown on their Kohl's accounts. I now personally understand why. We are living in difficult financial times when 50 points on a score can make or break a customer. I will close this account even if my score drops 120 points.

incompetent employees

I have been a loyal consumer of Kohl's for ten years, both in-store shopping and online orders. Without...