Having problems with Kohl's?

Kohl's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2006. The latest review Lack of Technical Support was posted on Jul 30, 2021. The latest complaint billing was resolved on Nov 01, 2014. Kohl's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 473 reviews. Kohl's has resolved 112 complaints.

Kohl's Customer Service Contacts

1855 564 5705 (Kohls.com)
1866 887 8884 (Customer Service)
1855 564 5748 (Kohl's Charge)
1855 564 5751 (Yes2You Rewards)
+1 262 703 7000 (Head Office)
+1 877 342 4337 (Merchandise Departments)
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Fri1:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sat7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kohl's Customer Service. Initial Kohl's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kohl's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kohl's. Discuss the issues you have had with Kohl's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kohl's Complaints & Reviews, Page 17

Kohls — liars

When I fell into financial difficulties as a result of suddenly finding myself unemployed, I asked Kohl...

Kohl's — manager

Yesterday my two year old daughter and I went shopping with my sister. During the time we were at the store I...

Kohl'shassle return

I returned some items from last year to Kohl's dept store with my receipt, that I had purchased on my credit card. The associate said that she had to process it as a return without a receipt and have the corporate office issue me a check for my refund within 7 to 10 days. It took almost a month to receive my refund and it came in the form of a merchandise credit. It took me half a day of calling around to get the issue resolved and I was rudely hung up on 3 times by the corporate operator in the process. I finally called the store mgr and will have to now go back to the store to cash in the merchandise credit to get my refund back. Kohl's claims to have no hassle refunds, but they are nothing but a hassle. They also have the practice of not putting prices on their online invoices making it a hassle to return things in the store because they don't know what the online price was. I am done with Kohl's and their rude employees, poor customer service and hassle refunds.

• Fo
      Formed Kohls Customer Mar 21, 2012

I agree. It just happened to me through their Winston-salem store. They kept my returned merchandise and cheated my out of my money. It should be called "Bait and Switch" return policy. BOYCOTT KOHLS!!!

Kohlsmerchandise stolen w/ no purchase protection

At a hotel last weekend our vehicle along with 7 others in the parking lot were broken into. We had merchandise taken that was purchased on our Kohls charge as well as on American Express. While American Express offers a purchase protection plan free of charge and we our card is being credited, Kohls does not. Although the 5 representatives I spoke to at Kohls were all very nice, none could offer any type of compensation other that 30% off a re-purchase, which I often get anyway. When I was asked what I wanted and I suggested a gift card in any amount, I was told they could not do that.

I have been a MVC Kohls customer for 8 years. Because I love Kohls merchandise and prices, I will continue to shop at Kohls, but it will now be much less often.

Aidan Dec 18, 2011

Haha. No, Zachary, I wasn't saying the thief was going to come forward and admit they stole anything. I was saying that once the police find the person, the property will be replaced/paid for. But it's not Kohl's responsibility to make sure that happens.

Aidan Dec 05, 2011

It isn't Kohl's responsibility to replace your items. That's the thief's responsibility. Get with the police...that's their job.

• Th
        The Ogre Dec 02, 2011

I dont get people, the last thing I would think of if I had items stolen out of my car would be to go to where I bought them and have them replace them. I bet you would get Kohls to replace the items and still claim them on your car insurance.

Kohlsdisreputable company

Kohls (expect great things!) NOT. Kohls is manipulating you and their customer service is lousy and here's my story. Have you noticed everything is always on sale (in reality everything is overpriced then put on sale which is the regular price at most other stores). Kohls gets away with this by adjusting the price up and down by a dollar or so. I recently tried to place on order at Kohls.com and apply my Kohls cash coupons each for $15.00. The website accepted one of my coupons but would not accept the other so I contacted Customer Service. The girl told me "sorry" it's not a valid Kohls Cash number. I asked to talk to a supervisor. She said "sorry" it's not a valid Kohls Cash number. I told her it was, I'm looking at it! It's been run through the register and has a validation code # on it! She put me on hold then came back and said sorry, the clerk at the store forgot to validate it and asked me if it was really busy in the store when I was there! She asked me to drive back to the store and get it validated. I hung up and called their Corporate Office (long distance for me). I requested they call me back since I'm calling long distance and I want some real customer service and I want to place this order using my Kohls cash. You wouldn't believe what she told me. "I can apply your two $15 Kohls cash and you can use your "Yes" Pass for an additional 20% off of your purchase but I hope your order isn't cancelled". I said this is a Christmas gift, what do you mean you hope my order isn't cancelled. She said, "well if the total is under what it costs Kohl for the item, they might cancel your order. I couldn't believe it. I'm never shopping at Kohls again. I'm going to JCPenny's to buy what I was going to purchase at Kohls.

not worth the time Mar 07, 2012

I was a hard working employee there and had worked for Kohl's a little over two yr.'s. I went to the main manager and gave my two wk. notice, thinking it would be somewhat ok when all the manger said ''well that's your choice'' not even looking up! I though how rude ! not even an encouraging word, of course I had better words w/ the one's I worked with they were happy for me.I will never work at this location again if that manager is still working ! The Woodlands, Tx.your management team sucks!

Kohldfalse accused

I was leaving the store with my mother after making a purchase. They asked me to go back into the store. I told them I did nothing wrong. They accused me of stealing putting jewerly in my pocket. I don't do it. I took them everything out of my pockets. I have sere asthma. and my mother was trying to stay claim or I was going to have an attack. The only thing I took in and out of my pockets was my inhalers. I felt so embrassed. I was so mad. A woman tried to close the door on my mother. He didn't say he was sorry. He was going to give me the managers name but not his. My mother got so upset, she started having pains in her stomach, and she has clitis. I used to love Kohl's. They had nice clothes. That I couldn't find anywhere else at good prices, but I do not feel safe there any more. Not when anyone can get falsely accused of anything.

Kohl'sworst experience ever!

I went shopping at kohls in Laredo Tx. I'm a very picky shopper I tend to take long when shopping. I was shopping for my myself and my family as well, I was shopping alone when Im at the men's section picking out clothes for my husband and find a kohls employee starring at me as if I were going to steal something! I felt so uncomfortable and walked toward the shoe department, and what do you know she appears there too! I was so upset I felt as she was being such a prejudice or stereotype! I finally went to the cashier to pay and then again she appeared! I ended up buying $300 worth of clothes. And was very close to just leaving and not buying anything at all!! That was uncalled for and rude!!! If I were to have gotten her name I would of put it up in this complaint!

Aidan Nov 30, 2011

Are you sure they weren't...I don't know...working?

Contrary to popular belief, associates do actually work in the stores...and you were in the same side of the store the whole time. That associate you saw probably had to work that entire side of the store. I find it highly unlikely that they were 'watching' you...I think it's more likely they were running around the store, and happened to be where you were.

Don't take things so personally, unless you've actually got something to hide.

• CMRVA Nov 16, 2011

Unfortunately, it's the way of the world these days. Retail margins are thinner than ever, every single piece of stolen merchandise represents not only a $ loss, but is a product gone that a legit customer can't buy. I feel the eyes too and get angry for a second, laungh it off after that. Sorry for your angst.

Kohlsaccused my wife of stealing

My wife has shopped at Kohls.com and at the retail store in Oxford, Alabama for several years. She bought some shoes online for one of our children, but they did not fit correctly. She took them to the customer service department, and had no trouble exchanging them. The lady at the customer service desk suggested that she put the shoes that were swapped out back in the Kohls.com box in which she brought them in. My wife carried this large box and her purse to the boys department to do some shopping for some jeans for our son. As she went to check out, this man stood and watched her check out. He did not speak to my wife until she had left the store. He stopped my wife just outside the store, and asked her if she had made an online purchase. She was scared, but she answered him "yes". He then asked her to step back into the store and pulls some i.d. card out of his wallet. He, as we found out later, was the loss prevention manager. My wife asked why, and he said "that he could not see her put the jeans back on the shelf in the video" My wife immediately dropped her box of shoes to the floor and told him to look in it...and to also look in her purse, and her jacket. She did not steal any damn jeans or anything else from that store. She was extremely embarrassed and upset to be accused of stealing from a store that we have spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in the past 4 years with. We have filed a formal complaint, and will encourage everyone to NEVER SHOP AT A KOHLS location. We have cancelled our account, and will never shop there again.

Kohls — bad quality clothing

Write your review, complaint or question here and add as much detail as possible so the Business you review...

Kohl'sblack friday service

We went to the Kohl's in Palmdale, Ca this Black Friday morning at 5am. We were finished shopping at 5:30am. Due to bad management resulting in confusing extreme lines, we did not leave the store until 7:30am. Two hours waiting in line!! I will not be going back to Kohl's for next years Black Friday sales event. We visited several other stores, JCPenney's, Target, Bath Works, etc. None at the long lines that were so bad at Kohl's.
              We should have just turned around and left when we saw so many people not moving in line.

• Gi
                  GinGinGin Nov 27, 2015

My complaint has to do with the checkout, although another aspect. Of course, cashiers were rushed, so this was not the cashier's fault, rather the insistence of Kohl's to only use the credit part of my Visa debit. When it rang up wrong as there were many components to it, coupons, etc., and it was voided the first time, it wasn't able to be voided completely and that original ring up and amount debited is still is showing up at my bank. The cashier rang it up the second time correctly. However, both times are being debited by my bank now, showing up even though the manager near to our area assured me it wasn't going to show both times. She seemed doubtful though, and I know everyone was rushed, but I'm kinda left holding the bag with the money gone from my account, both transactions, one voided supposedly, and one correct, till this rights itself or I am able to talk to the right person to correct the error.

• Ti
                  Timothypetrov Dec 28, 2011

Like you said, you would have been better off turning around and going somewhere else. Black Friday is the busiest day of the year in the retail industry. The employees are sleep deprived and are working as quickly as they can. Don't shop on Black Friday if you expect a speedy checkout.

Aidan Oct 06, 2011

I don't know why you're upset. Black Friday is always busy. Everywhere. Two hours in line is actually moving pretty quickly. It's not their fault that you chose to wait. They did the best they could with the crowd that came to shop. And why are you only just now posting this? How ridiculous.

Kohls Department Storecredit card abusive practices

Awful billing practices, awful customer service. Paid my bill on time but the company processed my payment the next day and charged me a $10.00 late fee. Called Customer Service and they agreed to reverse the late fee since I paid it on time. No apology though. On my next bill, minimum payment quadrupled and there was a late fee added for not paying the late fee they agreed to reverse. Several calls to customer service were met with pretty obnoxious attitudes. The last CS rep said they would continue to add late fees to the late fee they were reversing until I paid it. So they were adding late fees to the late fees to the late fees until I paid the money I didn't owe. No one at Kohl's thought this was totally insane. Finally filed a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and am awaiting resolution. BTW I have never missed a payment nor have I ever had a late payment so I'm as far from a deadbeat as you can get. If this is how they treat a good customer, I wonder what they do to people struggling to pay their bills in this economy.
                Spend your money with a company that cares for their customers not Kohls.

Aidan Oct 06, 2011

I'm going to assume that you payed your bill online.

Please be sure you READ what's presented to you.

Paying your bill online means that you're subject to whatever they decide to do. It says on the page that all payments put in after a certain time will be processed the next day. That's likely what happened to you.

They didn't have to reverse the late fee. In fact, the representative probably wasn't allowed to reverse it, and thus it didn't happen. They charged you a late fee on the late fee, because you didn't pay them the money that YOU OWE THEM.

That's your fault. If you don't pay on time, you owe extra money. That's how it is. If you don't pay the extra money, you owe more money on the extra money.

Kohl's didn't do anything wrong. You did.

Kohlskohls online

I recently purchased 2 wallets on Kohls.com for my daughter and I. I received 2 packages today one with my wallet the other contained a silver tank top with sequines all over it. I looked at the packing slip and saw it said my daughter pewter wallet. I called the 800 number to let them know the packing slip listed the wallet but was a tank top. I was told in order to get the correct item I needed to do 1 of 2 things. 1 drive to a Kohls, return the tank top, receive a gift card, come home make a new order use the gift card but pay shipping again as it would be a new order. OR I could reorder on the phone again with the customer service charge my credit card again and then when I had time I could go to a Kohls store and return the tank top and get a gift card for later use. NOT!! I was unable to get any help even from managers. I just dont understand why I have to run all over town to fix their mistake. This will be the LAST time I use Kohls online or in person. They are very much against good customer service. Most businesses will send you the correct item right away with a return label to send the wrong or damaged item back.

• Bo
                      Bonnie Lesando Dec 16, 2014

My order that I filled out on line was not working so I called your site. Not only was the site not working but I was speaking to people that had a hard time understanding what I was trying to tell them. I asked where they were located and they said Mexico. Why would Khols outsource their labor to another country leaving their customers to try and get their information to people that have a hard time understanding.

Kohls — management

Well, I worked at Kohls for almost a year and when It first started my E3 would constanty call me other girl...

Kohls Store# 1390 — is it alright for your boss to call you a worthless piece of *? help please read!!?

There is a huge issue in my workplace. Our 01 blatantly degrades supervisors, managers, and associate...

Kohlsno carriages

I am 63 and my mom is 87 and we shop at kohls in faifield ct. they have no carriages. How do they expect us to buy anything. I cant put stuff in a plastic carry, how do you fit anything in there. Most old people also need carriages to walk better when they are purchasing. You are going to lose customers if your carriage problem is not resolved. I have walked out of kohls twice now because they dont have carriages. I have noticed that other kohls customers walking around in the store are griping about the same problem. please look into this matter, thank you!

Kohls Cash Couponsbad customer service

I visited kohls in hendersonville tn. on may 20th. It was my husbands birthday so I was picking up a couple things he wanted. I purchased a metal cooler that was on sale for 164.99 and the antigravity lawn chair on sale for I think about 55.00. O also purchased two shirts for myself 4.00 on clearance. This was a very busy day and I was on my lunch break so was really in a hurry. I didn’t realize that the lady didn’t give me my kohls cash till later that night When I called the next day they pretty much said too bad. Customer service is really bad at kohls.

• Ko
                          kohlsmike Aug 22, 2011

Try returning everything and re-buying it. Derp

Aidan Aug 14, 2011

You know why they can't help you? Because if they just gave you that Kohl's cash, they'd be allowing any customer at any time that had earned Kohl's cash to effectively double their Kohl's cash.

All you'd have to say is "Oh, I forgot to grab my Kohl's cash when I was in, can you activate me new cash?" and then come back with both coupons and spend them.

So no.

Also? Kohl's customer service is better than just about anyone else in the business. Try half of the ### I'm sure you usually pull on any other store and see who walks out without a purchase.

Kohl's — victim of racial discrimination

On 6/9/2011. Location: New Albany, Ohio 43230. Kohl’s Store #0329. Decided to go shopping at thi...

Kohl'shorrible customer service

I'm a Kohl's employee. One particular night, my fiance had purchased an expensive item but forgot to use her "Kohl's Cash". The assistant manager, Marissa, told her to go to Customer Service for an adjustment. She did just that, but the customer service rep, Lori, flat out refused to make the adjustment, and was VERY RUDE AS WELL! My fiance then told her she needs an attitude adjustment if she wants to work in customer service, to which Lori replied, "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" So my fiance had to go back to the register, where they had to do a refund, then ring up the purchase again. I didn't think much of it at the time, telling my fiance that Lori is rude to EVERYONE -- employees and customers alike.

A few days later, I was called into the manager's office (Tori), and she proceeded to accuse me of negligence in my work, first telling me I was leaving work early, not helping my coworkers, then that I don't finish my work and leave some behind for the day people. Little did I realize at the time that Tori and Lori are good buddies. That tells me this -- LORI'S RUDE BEHAVIOUR AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS ARE CONDONED BY MANAGEMENT AT THE KOHL'S IN PEMBROKE! Not only that, but Tori also told me that my fiance is NOT ALLOWED IN THE STORE WHILE I'M WORKING, BECAUSE SHE'S "A DISTRACTION". This is total BS!

A few weeks later, my fiance drove me to work, and then was shopping for a dress in the Women's Dept. I work in the Men's Dept. However, Ryan, the assistant manager, came up to her, asked if she was done shopping, then TOLD HER TO GET OUT OF THE STORE! THIS KIND OF TREATMENT TO CUSTOMERS IS UNACCEPTABLE! We've spent hundreds of dollars in Kohl's, but they obviously don't care!

Just recently, the other assistant manager, Tom, spent a great deal of time FOLLOWING MY FIANCE AROUND THE STORE -- EVEN WAITING OUTSIDE THE LADIES ROOM! He didn't say a word, just followed her around -- a form of SILENT HARASSMENT!

I decided I had had enough and after 4 years of loyal service, made the decision NOT TO RETURN THERE AGAIN! I am going to miss my coworkers, as well as my supervisor, Anne, all who were very, very nice.

Bottom line: THE PEMBROKE KOHL'S CONDONES RUDE AND NASTY BEHAVIOR BY THE BEAST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT SHOP THERE!

• Ru
                            Ruth and Kevin Feb 18, 2015

Both your fiance and Kohl's needs to be criminally charged, Kohl's for hiring a child. There are child labor laws and your fiance for having a relationship with a child. Then again your fiance sounds like a child themselves so only Kohl's should be charged. How do I know you are a child, you mistake being told no as rudeness. You say that you worked there for four years so if you are the age you act you pratically worked there your whole life.

• Cu
                            CustomerServiceAssociate Feb 18, 2015

I worked at Kohls for less than 3 months, then quit. It is horrific how they treat employees (and lie to customers about great deals etc).

Kohls Online Gift Cards — intensive investigation before releasing order

I only used my Kohls' Credit Card on special occasions, paying off the charges in full before receiving...

Menomonie

Kohls Earingsreturn policy

My mom and I went shopping at Kohls. We experienced bad customer service in the past numeral times and this is the last straw!

Here is our story:
                          My mom went to the jewerly department and returned earings that she bought on sale. She recieved about $60.00 back. Then we went shopping for about an hour, bought our stuff, but decided that she really regretted returning them. We went back to the jewerly department and the lady there was extremely rude. She told my mom that she would have to buy the earings for $100, when she just returned them only an hour before! Jeez! The lady's tone was really bad also. It was like that she didn't want us their to shop and look around.

Also, she was extremely ticked off that my mom was wishy-washy about which earings she wanted to buy. She couldn't decide what she wanted and was taking only about 10 minutes of her time.

The lady explained that she could only give my mom the current sale price, instead of the discount price, which was fine on my book; after all it's company rules. That was fine on my book. My mom is not from this country so attempted to haggle which was going on for about 5 minutes. Well, the lady had the audacity to look at me straight in the eye and said in a menacing voice, "Explain to her that I cannot do that."

If the lady was nicer about her inability to give my mom her deal, my mom could have spent a lot of money on different jewerly.

The lady wasn't just rude to us. There was two other people that were waiting for her and she gave them the cold shoulder. I think they left. When they asked for help, she told them so coldly, "I'm with a customer right now. I will be with you shortly."

On her name tag said that she worked at Kohls for 10 years or so. I cannot believe she kept a job that long with her attitude!

• jamesisajeweler Aug 09, 2011

In my opinion as a real online personal jeweler, RUDE is what you make it when it comes to customer service, and the customer is not always right when it comes to customer service either.

Large department stores are not going to forget about everyone else just to deal with you, so sometimes you're going to have to accept that there are other people in the same store with you, who are trying to spend their money as well, so learn to be a little more patient and wait til your turn comes around again with the salesperson.

• In
                              intellex58 Jul 18, 2011

Perhaps you and your mom were acting like ###.